• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reasoning Behind your Username?

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
In the 1964 Tokyo Olympics, Billy Mills, a member of the Oglala Lakota (Sioux) Tribe, won the gold in the 10,000 meter run. He is the only American to ever win this event and his victory is considered one of the greatest upsets in Olympic history. A low budget film based on the story of Billy Mills' journey toward the gold medal known as 'Running Brave' was made in the 80's.

My grandfather was a friend of Billy Mills back when they both lived on the Pine Ridge Reservation. Billy Mills and I are of the same Indian tribe. I, like Billy Mills, enjoy running and am proud of my heritage. I have certainly done nothing to deserve the same alias but I like it so I chose to adopt it.

Go to 1:00 of this video and check out Mills owning the finish of the race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QaDQL0rMWw

KnnySm3

Smash Apprentice
My current username isn't as creative as my last one.

I was trying to set up a new AIM screen name and I couldn't think of anything I liked or of something that wasn't taken so I let AIM make it for me. My username is a combination of "Kenny", "Sami" & "<3". Sami is my current girlfriend, or more accurately "love interest" since we're not technically together. And don't worry, I'm not a stalker. She was my girlfriend up until three or so days ago when she broke up with me over a "gut" feeling.

Anyway, I have a lot of grief and memories attached to the username "Uncle Kenny" not just on this site but a couple of others and so I decided it was finally time to start fresh. I changed my username to "KnnySm3" on my site, The Lounge, and decided to follow suit with every other site I frequent.

And so here I am.

My current username isn't as creative as my last one.

I was trying to set up a new AIM screen name and I couldn't think of anything I liked or of something that wasn't taken so I let AIM make it for me. My username is a combination of "Kenny", "Sami" & "<3". Sami is my current girlfriend, or more accurately "love interest" since we're not technically together. And don't worry, I'm not a stalker. She was my girlfriend up until three or so days ago when she broke up with me over a "gut" feeling.

Anyway, I have a lot of grief and memories attached to the username "Uncle Kenny" not just on this site but a couple of others and so I decided it was finally time to start fresh. I changed my username to "KnnySm3" on my site, The Lounge, and decided to follow suit with every other site I frequent.

And so here I am.
Gotta say it man. **** happens right?

Hahaha, at least you understand what I'm trying to say.

I was thinking when I typed it, "Well, he's either gonna be pissed at me and think I don't understand or some other reason to be upset"

Conker315

Smash Lord
When I was a kid, I literaly fell in love with a game called conkers bad fur day.I mean common, bears and squirrels killing each other in wars.It was like so **** epic.I've enjoyed it so much and finally let it go and moved along.When I started playing melee I didnt know what my tag should be, then I remembered "conker" So I went for it.CNKR..4 letters, now it's conka for short.But yea, that and because its like conquer also.Now as I play brawl, I use many for fun but stick with Conka, or -Kun.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
McDingus...

I started off calling people Dingus when I didn't know their name or they did something stupid or funny. Then people started saying it back to me. Used Dingus in a few places as usernames.

Then while playing Worms 4 on the Ps2, there was an AI team called "The Scots", every worm had -Mc- in front of their name. Eg: McFletcher, McFlannagan.

Mc+Dingus...VOILA!

Epic Kovumon

Smash Journeyman
Mine comes from The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride (say what you want, I love it) my all time favorite movie.

Kovu, Scar's adopted son. (Kovu means "scar" in Kiswahili, btw).
V = Vitani, Kovu's sister.
Nuka, Kovu's brother.

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
wckd would normally be Wckd, I'm guessing I was lazy...it makes me sad to see that lower case "w"

Anyways, Wckd is from Wicked
Wicked is from Wicked Child
Wicked Child is name of the song in the 3rd stage of Castlevania 1

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
My friend was singing that Sonic Boom song while I stayed at his house for a day. So when I got home, I couldn't think of anything other than that song, and decided to make it my user. The 2 is just there. I don't remember what I put it in for =P

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
My name used to be "ike is solid" then I dropped Ike but liked the "solid" part and I like acronyms (even though my name isn't officially an acronym for anything) so I got it changed to S.O.L.I.D. back around October iirc.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I dunno - I play Fire Emblem and I liked the Manaketes from Shadow Dragon. I thought at first about doing "The Last Manakete". But then I thought about a simpler username that would sort of just imply or signify that.... Yes. I think now, that if I ever have a Custom Title, that's what it'll be.

Blazer

Smash Ace
I used to write Sonic fanfics, terrible ones at that, when I was 10 (Hence terrible). At the time of registering, I was still into the characters I made at least, and the main one was Blaze. Blaze was taken so I went Blazer.

Fun fact though: My rival high school now is Blazer. I lol'd.

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
Well, look at my avatar. For those who don't know, it's the tiger, Hobbes, from the comic strip, Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson. It was and still is my favourite comic strip.

Now, there was one strip where Hobbes put up a sign for a creek, and the sign said "hobs crk", as in Hobbes' creek.

Hobs is Hobbes but shorter (in letters, not physically), which helps with some usernames like nametags in Melee and Brawl, and it's distinguished from just plain Hobbes.

IKOU

Smash Apprentice
I came up with IKOU because it fit in the 4 letter Melee name box, then it just stuck and now i use it everywhere. It pretty much just stands for I KO You, but some people just cant get it for some reason

Matezoide

Smash Rookie
my username? i created it
my avatar? for these who dont know,that is Ed,from the cartoon "Ed,Edd n Eddy" aka "The best cartoon ever"

integrebel

Smash Rookie
lets see...
my favorite car is a Honda Integra DC2 and my friends would claim me as a rebel =(

Integra + rebel = integrebel

^cool im learning to put things together XP

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I used to use the name 'thisismesoshutup' on basically every forum I joined, and then I hit this one and decided that my gamertag wouldn't be that for the simple fact that I thought it was long as hell and inappropriate, plus I had plans to join in to the tournament scene (which I have finally). So I just acronym-ized it. :p

Dexi

Smash Rookie
This may sound weird but my usual username is Dexis on things. I first heard it from a crazy guy your probably heard from on the news. He said he killed this little miss beautiful pagent, but he actually didn't and talked about a comic he made about a person named Dexis and the name stood with me. After that people online started calling me Dexi so I stuck with that :)

Bickers

Smash Cadet
My brawl name is bickers because at my first tourni i was going to put jack but thought i will just use beginning of my last name.. which i never use anywhere else..
My normal tag name in every other game ive played is Muivirt
Strange.... eh well

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
i just like cockroaches. well actually i looked at the internet and i got interested of cockroaches. then this girl years ago in my class (had a crush) had a nickname (roach) so i kinda got stuck with roacher right after i knew about the nickname (and you know i had a crush) so then on internet RPG games. people started calling me roacherkid so i stuck with that. then after a few years i just changed to roacherman caus well a kid gotta grow up right? so now the roacherkid is a roacherman. so yeah thats what loves does to you.

ps although some of my friends thought that after one of them saw this name of a page on google they thought i got my name from roachgerman and that i just dropped the G and well that was actually clever in my opinion

RandomLax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RelaxBro
3DS FC
3668-7762-8508
Well it was originally relax, due to my laxidasical nature however after a random turn of events the E was dropped and it became rlax, now I use r£ax the whole name is Randomonius J. Laxaford

_Avalon_

Smash Cadet
To be truthful...i like this name cause I heard my brother say he will name his son that and besides, I like the DANG NAME!!

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I came up with this username while thinking of one for a youtube channel, I started thinking of things I usually do but it just didn't work, so one afternoon, while asking my friend, he said all I do is play games and music. That's where I got the gaming part, after that day, I heard a song on the radio called Paint it, black. That song got stuck in my head and while I was thinking of a username, the 2 words, gaming and black mergered and it sounded pretty cool and so I went with gamingblack.

4Serial

Smash Lord
Me and my friends were smashing and talking about randomness and South Park and Al Gore and how he was for serial and stuff
And then one of them used the tag 4SRL in melee for the lulz and it just stuck to me

=D

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
I'm a fan of Sonic the Hedgehog and also a Moogle fan from Final Fantasy 9. I loved the "kupo" sounds they make after the end of everything they say.

Couldn't decide so I stuck both.

DLite

Smash Rookie
Mines has a bit of a story:
Since I'm prone to having "scene girl" screen names [i.e: Kiki kannibal, Jeffree Star, SandiGORE etc]DLite came from my friends suggestion. When I first got WiFi he says "Do dejaDELGHT(my name, duh)" Obviously there is like, no room so I just put DLite, I've been using it ever since.

strawhats

Smash Master
I was inspired to use strawhats after seeing how big a community smashboards is and with my knowledge and love for anime I knew that the idea of a nakama( comrade/friendship) was best rep. in One Piece ( strawhat crew) hence the name strawhats instead of strawhat. Plus after watching m2k in his prime completely wreck crazy return single handedly at OC3, like the badass he is, I figured luffy going gear 2 was the best representation of the badass in the crew kind of feel.

GO LUFFY

Top Bottom