• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reasoning Behind your Username?

DJayS

Smash Apprentice
<------- my initials :)
and also because i have no creativity XD

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Once my parents dragged me to Mohegan Sun and I walked to the food court (since there was nothing else I could do there). In the Wolf Den, on the carpet are pictures of diffrent 'moons' (Moon of the Frogs, Moon of the Lillies etc). I eventually stumbled upon 'Moon of the Strawberries' and it just stuck with me. I don't know, I guess I thought it was pretty interesting.
That's odd, because people usually pick usernames that hold some sort of significance to them:p.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Around the release of Halo 1, I was at a lan party with about 10 people. I was trying to think an italian name because I saw parts of The Godfather that morning. I was doing some weird italian accent and said Palpino. I then thought to myself how stupid that was, and cut off the "N" "O" and it left me with Palpi.

It has been my pseudonym ever since.

D

Deleted member

When I used to play Runescape, there was an armour type called mithril, commonly known as mith. I wore mith armour most of the time. A random guy wanted to buy the armour for 10K. I told him my mith was mith of the gods, thus gods mith.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
When I used to play Runescape, there was an armour type called mithril, commonly known as mith. I wore mith armour most of the time. A random guy wanted to buy the armour for 10K. I told him my mith was mith of the gods, thus gods mith.
lol. Wow. I thought it was "God Smith". Oops.

Burrbomb

Smash Apprentice
My name comes from a rumor, I was surfin the web one day, lookin for any Pikmin 3 news and then I saw a picture of a supposed new Pikmin, It was orange, (the greatest color ever) dropped bombs from the sky, and twirled around like those helicopter things that fall from trees, I soon fell in love with that Pikmin Idea, I wanted to remember it so my name became the spiky bombs it drops, and thus, viola! Burrbomb was born!

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I just thought up something random.

I really hate this name now. xD

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
My name comes from a rumor, I was surfin the web one day, lookin for any Pikmin 3 news and then I saw a picture of a supposed new Pikmin, It was orange, (the greatest color ever) dropped bombs from the sky, and twirled around like those helicopter things that fall from trees, I soon fell in love with that Pikmin Idea, I wanted to remember it so my name became the spiky bombs it drops, and thus, viola! Burrbomb was born!
I've always wondered about your name. "The not-so short fuse Burrbomb".

I just thought up something random.

I really hate this name now. xD
Yeah, it's lame now. lol jk One-word usernames are the best, and without any gimmicks like asterisks, numbers, and that squiggly line thingy that I forgot what it was called.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Yeah, it's lame now. lol jk One-word usernames are the best, and without any gimmicks like asterisks, numbers, and that squiggly line thingy that I forgot what it was called.
You mean a tilda?

Anyways, I've been lying for all these years. My username is Zook because I'm racist.

But really, how is Zook racist? I've been told that for years.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
You mean a tilda?

Anyways, I've been lying for all these years. My username is Zook because I'm racist.

But really, how is Zook racist? I've been told that for years.
If you reverse your name and replace the "z" with an "n" and the "k" with a "c", you'll see why.

:x

Hiyayayah!

Smash Cadet
Mines supposed to sound like Pits annoying angel ring move - He's gotta be one of the most annoying characters to make noise when attacking lol - so i gave myself that name cus I don't like it, and I'm a sucker for punishment :laugh:

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... Mines is a long story. Since my Username I always had is often different, but this one it's a really deep story. Based on Irl, and in the Role play world. So. O.o;.. It's just something I thought I share a little bit of why my username is mention like this. XD This doesn't explain everything but it's just a gist of it.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
My main is Zelda (hence the zeld) The spazz comes from many things...

1) I spazzed out a ton as a child
2) When I listen to music , I spazz out just because music is life and why not spazz dance along
3) Nickname at school (It's hot, I know)
4) Who doesn't like the word spazz???

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
The reason behind my name is very nerdy an I'm proud of it.
T.S. Eliot is one of my gods, he had many cats and one of his cats was named Wiscus.
Ive been waiting someday for a fellow nerd to get the reference and I think I would marry that person on the spot or die .....
also: I love a name I can use everywhere and without having to add a number or something in it.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
well it was nova at first but that was taken. nova means a dying star , or star slayer. someone who slays the rly good ppl. i changed it to LunarNOVA because the moon is somewat the oposite to the sun. makeing it sound cool

Squire Grooktook Z

Smash Rookie
This name was given to me. Squire illustrates how I am still attempting to master the art of spamming, trolling, and flaming. Grooktook being an evolution of my original name, Groucho2.

And Z is just for awesome.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
My friends name is Christina Rukki, and I needed a name for jMS. So I thought it was cool, and it stuck with me ever since.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Mith was taken unfortunately =/ So I just added the x to the end.

My name in World of Warcraft was Mithrilshot. Everybody in my guild and on my server pretty much called me Mith, so it just stuck. When I transferred servers I changed my name to Mith.

I pretty much use that name for everything now lol.
No more x. MWAHAHAHA.:mad:

:lick:

M.K

Level 55
I was trying to join SWF and I couldn't think of a good name. Kirby was my main in Smash 64, and I thought Meta-Knight was REALLY cool in the 1st Smash Trailer so....

...alot of people just call me MK.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Had a 'fro, and a bunch of my friends called me that anyways. I didn't know, however, that the leader of our scene, Cunning Kitsune, also is known as "the Fro"!

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
copying and pasta an old post about where it came from.

My first alias was Darkener1, but I gave that up when I tried to join the aq forums. Every time I tried to register, it would say that name is already in use, so I came up with the most original name I could: Dr. Werekill007909. Well, nobody liked to type all that so I shortened it later to Dr. Werekill, then just Werekill.

And the name means... nothing really. lolz.

BMunich16

Smash Apprentice
My username is named after the German soccer team, my favorite although I am not German, Bayern Munich. Sixteen is my soccer number and the ending of my username looked a little empty.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Zen Itachi was an RP character I made a while back.
I eventually started calling myself by Zen and it became my nickname.

I have the one because theres 2 Zens in my state and there was already a Zen when I created my account =O.

highfive

Smash Lord
my screen name for alot of things is hi5 or highfive. High representing a lifted spirit yet being sure never to put others down while 5 or five for the number of fingers (yes, I believe my thumb is a finger.) on each hand for a simple hand shake for respect or a high five for friendship.

finalark

SNORLAX
A while back in a DnD game I was playing I had a character named Ark. I had grown particularly attached to the character and his name, so I tried putting Ark as my user name when joining a forum (don't remember which one). But it was taken, so I kept on trying variants such as Ark_Master or Ark_Lord. Eventually I decided "okay, this is the final time I'm going to try this" so I put "Finalark." It's stuck ever since.

Silentprotector

Smash Cadet
I got silentprotector becuase well wierdly enough i sometimes help out people with out even kowing it << until a few years later. and i'm very quite at home and sometimes out in public

Top Bottom