• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
At 10 seconds, there's a tone. You can hear it with headphones. And a second sound, presumably the "denied" sound at 12.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Why does this happen when I need to sleep damn it.:surprised:

I want to follow this live for the next 5 hours but I cannot damn it.:cry::tired:

Things that may happen:
Nintendo takes down the video.
More video's and/or images leak out.
Some more info stuff.
More Characters leaked.
Bayonetta leaked.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Well, now the character select screen is a perfect grid now, so bye bye Isaac, Roy, Dixie, Chorus Kids, Lucas, Wolf, Ice Climbers, and Snake.:cry:

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
Guys. If pictures aren't proof enough, then I think this might change our minds. If not, then I have no idea what will.
I can only speak for myself, but well Im think this is likely a leak, the only way to 100% convince me is either gameplay footage or nintendo officially revealing that mewtwo render.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm hoping it's real - Rayman would be amazing to have in Smash Bros., and easily one of the top three third party characters that I'd like to see. (alongside Snake and Bayonetta) However, I've seen way too many legitimate-looking fakes to say for sure.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Oh man. Saw this on the social thread this morning. Didn't know a photoshop like this would get so much attention. (still have doubts)

I guess I'll repeat my posts from quite a while back:

----

"I have a soft spot for Rayman. I played the first two games when I was around 8, and also had the GBC Rayman game. Don't care much for the later games, though.

Not ashamed to admit that having Rayman content in Smash would be amazing. (if they do it right) I'd love a Candy Chateau stage or a stage based off an area like The Precipice from Rayman 2."

---

----

"If Rayman gets a stage, it should either be Candy Chateau from Rayman 1, or a place similar to The Precipice from Rayman 2.

Imagine Mr. Dark showing up and causing mayhem for the fighters, like shooting energy balls, reversing player controls, summoning pillars of fire, etc.
And also imagine various others things like platforms and hazards randomly popping in and out due to that sparkly thing (don't they call them gendoors or something?)

And then the Rayman 2 stage could have The Buccaneer somewhere in the distance while normal pirate ships fire down upon the stage and blast bridges apart.

Don't get your hopes up on Rayman though. While he is one of my top third-parties I want to see (besides Sora and Layton, and some others), the trophy could just be a tribute, as odd as it seems."

---

----

A Rayman stage will probably be from Origins or Legends, though. I love the artstyle for those games, but I prefer reprsetnation for the first two games.

And his series symbol in that "leaked" video is really strange. Is it supposed to be an Origins/Legends-styled lum or something?

----

Last edited:

Spirst

Wow, a leak that actually has more pixels than a calculator!

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Rayman pls

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
head, man.png

Here is head on Man Ray.
I cropped it by das m'self.

T1000416

Smash Cadet
If there is gonna be another video or image it better be of something new. This is getting unbearable.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Well I'll be.

I don't know, assuming if this is real, Rayman will definitely be the most 'odd' third party inclusion in my eyes. Yes, even odder than Snake.

What I mean is, every third party character we've seen in Smash thus far has been an huge gaming icon. MGS, Sonic The Hedgehog, Pac-Man, and Megaman are some of the most iconic and recognizable video game series out there. Each of them has exceeded 30 million in terms of sales.

I'm just not convinced Rayman is quite on their level. To be fair, he's not a total unknown like Bayonetta or Geno, and in fact, his series has actually sold 26 million. He's fairly recognizable, but I just never saw him as a gaming giant like Sonic or Pac-Man. I'm sure he'll play well, but....

One interesting thing to note, if Rayman gets in, this will be the first time a third party company from the west got a character in Smash, that being Ubisoft. Everyone else comes from a japanese company, such as Konami (Snake), Namco Bandai (Pac-Man), Sega (Sonic), and Capcom (Mega Man).

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I asked 2 things of that guy who posted second video:
1.Does he throw yellow orb things?
2. 1-3 second gameplay video, with mewtwo, 8-player smash....pretty please?

Lol.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Okay, I've believed all of the leaks so far because of their amazing accuracy and the sheer talent that has gone into them, but this one is the only one that strikes me as completely fake.

That lens flare is usually animated on unlock screens. This one isn't. If we suppose that this is actually a part of the previous leaks, then the entire leak falls apart. I want to say this is a bandwagoner if only for the sake of keeping this leak afloat because it'd seem weird for me that they could get everything so right prior to this tiny thing. I just can't see this being a part of the other leaks -- everything else is just too perfect for it to fall apart here.

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord
... Second video honestly took some credibility points away. Wouldn't even be surprised if somebody completely unrelated to the original leak made it quickly.

If this whole thing is real, the second video most definitely isn't.

Last edited:

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Well, the new and improved Hype Train is on it's way to Rayman town.

This is going to be great!

T1000416

Smash Cadet
What I mean is, every third party character we've seen in Smash thus far has been an huge gaming icon. MGS, Sonic The Hedgehog, Pac-Man, and Megaman are some of the most iconic and recognizable video game series out there. Each of them has exceeded 30 million in terms of sales.

I'm just not convinced Rayman is quite on their level. To be fair, he's not a total unknown like Bayonetta or Geno, and in fact, his series has actually sold 26 million. He's fairly recognizable, but I just never saw him as a gaming giant like Sonic or Pac-Man. I'm sure he'll play well, but....
This is exactly why I hope Rayman is in the game. Inclusion in SSB could get him that icon status he and his franchise deserve. He's good enough to be hangin' with the big dogs, if you get what I'm saying.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Okay, I've believed all of the leaks so far because of their amazing accuracy and the sheer talent that has gone into them, but this one is the only one that strikes me as completely fake.

That lens flare is usually animated on unlock screens. This one isn't. If we suppose that this is actually a part of the previous leaks, then the entire leak falls apart. I want to say this is a bandwagoner if only for the sake of keeping this leak afloat because it'd seem weird for me that they could get everything so right prior to this tiny thing. I just can't see this being a part of the other leaks -- everything else is just too perfect for it to fall apart here.
I think I died.
So true.

Fake.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Why does this happen when I need to sleep damn it.:surprised:

I want to follow this live for the next 5 hours but I cannot damn it.:cry::tired:

Things that may happen:
Nintendo takes down the video.
More video's and/or images leak out.
Some more info stuff.
More Characters leaked.
Bayonetta leaked.
Add "Isaac leaked" and we're rosy.

Not sure what to think about this. I've seen how convincing fakes can be if enough effort goes into them. It's also interesting that we don't get to hear Xander Mobus calling Rayman. Although I guess it could just not be inserted yet.

D

Deleted member 278362

Probably just opened up the picture in fullscreen while using his TV as a monitor.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
This is exactly why I hope Rayman is in the game. Inclusion in SSB could get him that icon status he and his franchise deserve. He's good enough to be hangin' with the big dogs, if you get what I'm saying.
I dunno, I always felt that with third parties, Smash shouldn't make them famous, it should be that the third party character in question is famous enough to be in Smash. It's like an exclusive's club, really. Having non-Nintendo characters in a big Nintendo crossover game like this is a big deal, after all. Their inclusion shouldn't make someone go "who?" which is my beef with Bayonetta's inclusion. Of course, that isn't to say that Rayman is as obscure as she is, but still.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The flare is only animated during the initial splash of the art on screen... Which isn't shown.
I can confirm this.
It does stay still at the end of it.
I should know, I unlock Duck Hunt every day.
(Yes, I delete my save file just for the joy of getting Duck Hunt over and over.)
(I like Duck Hunt.)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Should the leak end up being real(which is very likely with a few points of doubt left), I DEMAND Mr Dark be shown again in a form that ISN'T the goddamn Magician from Origins.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Guys.......the guy I asked (second video uploader) said he will upload gifs of moves to imgur.

Let's see if he does it...

Last edited:
Top Bottom