• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Hmm, haven't played that game in years...I thought I should have heard it in English, since it had English voice acting in it...
The "Raymanian" is more terrorific for me, when I heard Polokus speaking Gibberish the first time, it scared me (and Ly and others) once I heard them in English voices, they looked more friendly xD, but I prefer the "Raymanian".

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
The "Raymanian" is more terrorific for me, when I heard Polokus speaking Gibberish the first time, it scared me (and Ly and others) once I heard them in English voices, they look more friendly xD, but I prefer the "Raymanian".
.__. I honestly can't stand the voice direction in The Great Escape, after I got to play that version for the first time...And it doesn't help I first heard those voices in later games, the handheld ones...

Huh...That was pretty cool, imo. He sounded nice and smooth talking... Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
I like the jibberish Pig-Latin of Origins, only because having the characters speak English would have sucked out the zany feel of the game.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I like the jibberish Pig-Latin of Origins, only because having the characters speak English would have sucked out the zany feel of the game.
II guess so. To each their own, I guess. I guess since I grew up with Rayman characters actually speaking, that's why it feels weird to me hearing the jibberish...

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I grew up hearing Rayman speaking gibberish but, some years ago I obtained a Rayman Revolution copy and I heard the English voices, they're totally different from the gibberish, I mean, the gibberish fits better with the dark atmosphere. Also, I like the voices of Rayman, since in Rayman 3 you can't change to Raymanian, so I adapted.

-------------------

Time to rest, I'm going to sleep, bye all!

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I had a weird dream this night... I went to a video game store and asked for used Wii U games, and I noticed something special... a Kingdom Hearts game featuring Rayman as the most prominent character in the boxart. I never had any interest on the KH franchise, but considering I'm a Rayman fan and I wanted a new game for my Wii U (in my dream, irl I'm not looking for a new Wii U game to add to my library atm) I seriously considered buying it. It at least made me feel that Ubisoft was confident enough on Rayman's star power to put him as a guest in other franchises and I was really happy about that. All other third-parties playable in Smash 4 already made a notable crossover appearance prior to their inclusion in Smash after all.

I guess you're probably aware about the "Most wanted DLC newcomer" made by @Bob Bills isn't it? Look forward the next matchup, it will finally feature Rayman! And don't forget to vote for him, of course! I like you Funky Kong, but you really can't compare with Rayman for me.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I was honestly going to ask could @ AndreaAC AndreaAC do all the 3rd parties when she gets the time...
Ok, after working them for...let's say...2 days, since I'm the one handling them....I will put them on hold, but I will continue when I feel less tired.

All the request will be on hold.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Ok, after working them for...let's say...2 days, since I'm the one handling them....I will put them on hold, but I will continue when I feel less tired.
Of course, that's why I was waiting for a bit before I asked. I'd prefer you rest yourself.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Yeah, its already been done on the Internet.

Oh well. I'll leave you to rest. However, I'll give you one more suggestion;
You should Raymanize Ness.
Yup, THAT one drawing!

:) And yeah, I will make it when I get back to it, at least Ness is easy.

AndreaAC

AND with that, I'm not taking more suggestions. I already have

1- Ness
2- Ice Climbers
3- Shulk (This one will sure piss me off...killing my hand)
4- PacMan

So, no more, thank you.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
AND with that, I'm not taking more suggestions. I already have

1- Ness
2- Ice Climbers
3- Shulk (This one will sure piss me off...killing my hand)
4- PacMan
and maybe Megaman...and Sonic.

So, no more, thank you.
It's fine, you don't have to do Megaman and Sonic, it's been done before. As for Pacman....it has, but....I don't know what to think about the one I saw... ._.

Top Bottom