• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Teensies dance their foes into submission :D

smacking people with a crown is Peach's thing so I guess they would have to resort to magic or doing something silly involving three teensies working together.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Well, since we all have different choices, what do you all think each one of these characters could do unique? I see Globox drinking plum juice and then fly into the air, spawning bubbles that could act like bumpers or something...Or Ly could be like Gardevoir in a way, except she can help you instead of just shielding you or something...
I thought Globox would do his rain dance.

I worked hard for this username! If we do antagonists, I feel like Razorbeard could work well, he's the most intimidating one
Or that stage hazard Grolgoth idea. I'm stuck on Dark Ray now that the idea is in my head...

Or, the assist summons Mr. Dark who then sticks Dark Rayman on a random opponent. I like that.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I thought Globox would do his rain dance.

Or that stage hazard Grolgoth idea. I'm stuck on Dark Ray now that the idea is in my head...
Oh crap, he does do something like that in Rayman 2, doesn't he? I completely forgot about that until you just mentioned it.

But well, if he can do that, what effects would that do to the players? Would it just cause damage (like the one minigame in the WarioWare stage) or makes the floor slippery, making you slide more and possibly trip (if that mechanic still exist in the game)?

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Well, despite it being a death animation, it does look like a entry (which it is, really) and it kinda was used again in the first Rayman Origin's trailer and all...
Yeah, definitely, and when Onii mentioned the Grand Minimus as an AT, I thought of the ones that appear at the Land of the Livid Dead from R3, they use some kind of electric attack and such.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Yeah, definitely, and when Onii mentioned the Grand Minimus as an AT, I thought of the ones that appear at the Land of the Livid Dead from R3, they use some kind of electric attack and such.
Do you mean the ghost looking ones? It's been a while since I've been there, and I haven't gotten there yet playing it again now. But that sounds like a cool idea.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
This is going to sound weird, but the things that Rayman has had to face on his path to Smash reminds me of what Peter Parker/Spider-Man had to go through during high school.

You see, Peter was considered an underdog at his high school, with him being bullied by those around him. One day, however, he was visiting a laboratory that had an experiment involving spiders, As he was taking pictures, a spider bites his hand, which grants him spider-like powers such as climbing and shooting webs. Using these powers, he went around the city to stop thugs. One day, however, his Uncle Ben was shot by a criminal, and thus began his climb for redemption, with the people loving what he did.

In my view, Rayman can relate to Peter Parker. He was considered an underdog choice in the Smash community, with other possible third party newcomers being more wanted than him. Then one day, Sakurai managed to make him a trophy in Smash 4. Because of this, Rayman was now a part of the melting pot of video games, and players were left in want for him to be playable. One day, however, the leak that showed him to be playable was shot down by ArtsyOmni, with Rayman's climb for redemption beginning as people began to realize what he could bring to the table.

Does it seem farfetched? Maybe. But the fact that Rayman was an underdog choice and ended up as a trophy reminds me of what happened to Peter Parker. Then, when both of their brightest spots were shot down, they began their climb for redemption.
Food for thought.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
This is going to sound weird, but the things that Rayman has had to face on his path to Smash reminds me of what Peter Parker/Spider-Man had to go through during high school.

You see, Peter was considered an underdog at his high school, with him being bullied by those around him. One day, however, he was visiting a laboratory that had an experiment involving spiders, As he was taking pictures, a spider bites his hand, which grants him spider-like powers such as climbing and shooting webs. Using these powers, he went around the city to stop thugs. One day, however, his Uncle Ben was shot by a criminal, and thus began his climb for redemption, with the people loving what he did.

In my view, Rayman can relate to Peter Parker. He was considered an underdog choice in the Smash community, with other possible third party newcomers being more wanted than him. Then one day, Sakurai managed to make him a trophy in Smash 4. Because of this, Rayman was now a part of the melting pot of video games, and players were left in want for him to be playable. One day, however, the leak that showed him to be playable was shot down by ArtsyOmni, with Rayman's climb for redemption beginning as people began to realize what he could bring to the table.

Does it seem farfetched? Maybe. But the fact that Rayman was an underdog choice and ended up as a trophy reminds me of what happened to Peter Parker. Then, when both of their brightest spots were shot down, they began their climb for redemption.
Food for thought.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I think this move could serve these purposes:

- Neutral Air
- Get-Up Attack (Ground)
- Tripping Animation
- Get-Up Attack (Ledge)
- Mid-Air Footstool Animation

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Do you mean the ghost looking ones? It's been a while since I've been there, and I haven't gotten there yet playing it again now. But that sounds like a cool idea.
Yup, those ones. It would be could that many of those appeared and attacked the characters using lightning, in the same way they all together attacked the Hoodlums.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Food for thought.
And if you want to carry the Spider-Man thing further then he even got into the Avengers at some point.
Rayman has a chance of getting into Smash Bros.

And Spider-Man can be applied to several other characters too. Ridley for example.

Obligatory Spider-Meme
:4dedede:

Food for thought.
Spider ray spider ray
can he swing, from a web, no he can't but try a claw

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Sorry if I posted the same message four times. It wasn't loading right for me, so I thought it wasn't sent.

But anyway, what do you guys think of it?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Oh crap, he does do something like that in Rayman 2, does he? I completely forgot about that until you just mentioned it.

But well, if he can do that, what effects would that do to the players? Would it just cause damage (like the one minigame in the WarioWare stage) or makes the floor slippery, making you slide more and possibly trip (if that mechanic still exist in the game)?
I'll just throw some darts at the board.

Globox: He dances in the background, which summons a giant cloud over the stage. The rain will make characters lose traction and induce random tripping (wonderful idea, btw :troll:) and an occasional lightning bolt will strike somewhere on stage.

Grand Minimus: Dances a Teensie jig that summons a spiral door, this can trap opponents in place before launching them.

Mr. Dark: Summons Dark Rayman (sans dance) who then proceeds to mimic a random opponent to the best of his ability.

Admiral Razorbeard: Flies around in a ship, firing energy shots, cannonballs, and flying bombs down on the stage.

Andre: Runs around in Hoodlum form attempting to shoot and wack at opponents.

Dunno.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Spider ray spider ray
can he swing, from a web, no he can't but try a claw
:laugh:
Of course, I'm not talking about their powers. I'm talking about how Rayman's situation is similar to that of Spider-Man, like how they were underdogs and were all of a sudden given a special privilege.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Food for thought.
An odd comparision, but I like it, makes a lot of sense.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
what about the rabbids? as much as i hate them they could have a good chance at an assist trophy.
Hmm, same, and besides Globox, they are like the other choice, because Nintendo... I guess something that comes from the party games themselves, I'd guess the use of the plungers or something may be used...

AndreaAC

Hmm, same, and besides Globox, they are like the other choice, because Nintendo... I guess something that comes from the party games themselves, I'd guess the use of the plungers or something may be used...
Or stun enemies while going all "DAAAAAAAH!"

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'd love for one to get a character spot.
To beat the **** out of them ala Duck Hunt Dog and Charizard.
Despite the feeling is same for their demise (sorry any fans out there) Smash Run or not there at all is the best outcome, imo.

or probably something like this:
Now, with that, you made me think this like, 3 of them fight the other opponents, and a 4th blocks the screen, just like that...

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Despite the feeling is same for their demise (sorry any fans out there) Smash Run or not there at all is the best outcome, imo.
Being playable to beat the **** out of them is a double-edged sword.
Because whilst you could beat them up they could also potentially be Brawl Meta Knight 2.0

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I think the Rabbids are way underrated, just because Ubisoft shifted focus to them instead of Rayman doesn't make the Rabbids any worse.

I always thought the Rabbids would've make perfect enemies in Rayman Origins/Legends with the crazy humor and art style.

I remember some Rabbids game had Rayman wearing a rabbids costume with bunny ears, that would have been cool for Legends.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I think the Rabbids are way underrated, just because Ubisoft shifted focus to them instead of Rayman doesn't make the Rabbids any worse.

I always thought the Rabbids would've make perfect enemies in Rayman Origins/Legends with the crazy humor and art style.
The hate for the Rabbids comes from where they got shoehorned into our faces with minimal actual Rayman content. Doesn't help that they make Navi, Slippy and DHD combined look not so annoying.
I liked Rabbids Go Home though.

AndreaAC

They are...? I think.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

While I'm the biggest fan of them any more. I still have a soft spot from the little guys, so I wouldn't mind if they got representation.

The Rabbids are hated because they nearly killed the series. Ubisoft was considering scrapping Rayman altogether, but still kept him around due to his fans. While I don't hate them, that is an understandable reason.

AndreaAC

That was just for trailer purposes where they had an NFC Rabbid on the Gamepad. Turned out to be a showcase for what Wii U could do.
Hm...beating them in that game could have been fun and since my cousins had the Rabbids Go Home game, and they knew about my dislike for the Rabbids...they let me play that game thing that has a Rabbid inside the Wiimote and you could shake them.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
That was just for trailer purposes where they had an NFC Rabbid on the Gamepad. Turned out to be a showcase for what Wii U could do.
Oh, I see. And as before, the Rabbids are just a case where things were promised, Rayman 4, and delivered something not up to snuff. Something like Luigi's mansion or something, overlooked at first do to not being something expected. And then you play it, you either liked them or not. And I sadly, didn't.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

I agree. Anything that involves beating them is good. And we may have in the first place, if they never became just for minigames...Even them as the enemies for that R4 game would have been fine...
Exactly my thought. but OH WELL, it is already done.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Exactly my thought. but OH WELL, it is already done.
Well, if they still care about them that much, and if Rayman 4 actually does happen (or just another mainstream Rayman game), then that's ok with me. It's mainly that I just want 3D Rayman again with 2/3 gameplay style again. Playing R3 again just now really shows how much I love that game's control and design...

Last edited:
Top Bottom