• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
"Rayman is not a Japanese video game character."
"Rayman doesn't deserve to get in because of Ubisoft."
"We have enough third party characters."
  • Diddy Kong was created by British developers. Also, racism.
  • "Mega Man doesn't deserve his spot because of Capcom."
  • I guess we have enough Nintendo characters too. Let's just cap it off at Mewtwo.
*Cough*
:4littlemac: in the game.
Punch-Out (and subsequently Little Mac) was created in Japan. Diddy is currently the sole non-Japanese character.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
GameXplain, obviously!:p

They did this with Ghosts and Goblins.

Also, I dug up some treasure!
I wonder what GameXplain have against Rayman, saying he isn't iconic enough.
Oh well. There really isn't any point in changing their views. I mean, the fact that Rayman is iconic has been left unchanged. After all, everything that is said about how iconic he is is just a matter of opinion.

Why would not being Japanese even be an arguement. Diversity for the win.

. . . I jst realized that your avi is james. And your usernane is james. That took far too many minutes

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I gotta say, I'm really impressed to how you can edit these images so cleanly with the alt colors.
It's nowhere near as impressive as what you did. I just cut out the individual pieces then put them back together with altered hues.

I'd totally be up for making random Rayman colours if anyone is interested (nothing more complex than the colour, though).

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
It's nowhere near as impressive as what you did. I just cut out the individual pieces then put them back together with altered hues.

I'd totally be up for making random Rayman colours if anyone is interested (nothing more complex than the colour, though).
I remember a while ago you did an alt that gave Rayman the colors of Ed from Tonic Trouble. Could you do that with the Smashified Rayman please?

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104

Please make an alternate costume based on Caveman Rayman using the Smashified render of Rayman.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
About those arguments NintendoSegaUbisoft brought up, I think he was just playing devil's advocate
He was just providing examples.

It seems that people want an "arguments" section in the OP. I'll get to it eventually... but I'm kind of burned out from everything I already worked on. I haven't even added the trivia section like I wanted to, and I have the title ready for it...

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
He was just providing examples.

It seems that people want an "arguments" section in the OP. I'll get to it eventually... but I'm kind of burned out from everything I already worked on. I haven't even added the trivia section like I wanted to, and I have the title ready for it...
Speaking of the title, what does it mean when it reads "Some Assembly Required"?

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104

Seems things are going a bit slow.
Can you please explain it to me?
I don't know about you, but I was just asking why you put it up.

I really don't like how you have to use a gif to make me look like a fool. It was just a question out of curiosity.
Jesus Christ, James.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Can you please explain it to me?
I don't know about you, but I was just asking why you put it up.

I really don't like how you have to use a gif to make me look like a fool. It was just a question out of curiosity.
Jesus Christ, James.
Woah man, you need to lighten up a bit. No one was being hostile here.

Rayman has floating pieces, that are not attached to him. "Some assembly required." It's just a joke.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Woah man, you need to lighten up a bit. No one was being hostile here.

Rayman has floating pieces, that are not attached to him. "Some assembly required." It's just a joke.
Oh. Sorry. Didn't mean for it to come out as hostile and defensive. It was just out of curiosity.

Yeah, I need to lighten up a bit. I haven't had the best day today, so I'm feeling a little crabby. My leg has been feeling terrible today due to the fact that I had a Charlie's Horse on my calve. I barely could walk out the door today and was almost late because of it. So, I'm sorry.

I mean.... this is one of those days in that I wished I had no limbs. That way, I wouldn't experience cramps in my leg.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Oh. Sorry. Didn't mean for it to come out as hostile and defensive. It was just out of curiosity.

Yeah, I need to lighten up a bit. I haven't had the best day today, so I'm feeling a little crabby. My leg has been feeling terrible today due to the fact that I had a Charlie's Horse on my calve. I barely could walk out the door today and was almost late because of it. So, I'm sorry.

I mean.... this is one of those days in that I wished I had no limbs. That way, I wouldn't experience cramps in my leg.
Oh... Well, I hope you get to feel better soon...and don't say that about your body, be lucky to have them...I'm sure you'll feel better soon...

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Oh... Well, I hope you get to feel better soon...and don't say that about your body, be lucky to have them...I'm sure you'll feel better soon...
Thanks.

And for not having limbs.... I'd still want limbs. But I wouldn't have to experience any pain if I were limbless.

I wonder what it feels like to be limbless?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
A better question, how does he even eat?

Origins showed him chewing and swallowing, but where does it go? Does it just warp to his stomach? Does he even have one?

How does his circulatory system work? Breathing? Why did he need air in Rayman 2 but now he can just stay underwater?

Rayman has confusing anatomy.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Origins showed him chewing and swallowing, but where does it go? Does it just warp to his stomach? Does he even have one?

How does his circulatory system work? Breathing? Why did he need air in Rayman 2 but now he can just stay underwater?

Rayman gets extra layers of cells when eating, so he tries to regrow his neck and limbs by eating

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
That's SegaNintendoUbisoft to you, mister!

On the topic of what it would be like to have no limbs, my mind immediately went to this.
...Wth is this?...

I'd just say the food converts into pure energy, that rejuvenates the rest of his body. Or Kirby syndrome or something...being just a void into nothingness...or another universe...whichever comes first...

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Rayman Revolution even had Sketchers advertisements on the box and manual. Rayman is Sanic now.
The last thing I want in any fandom is anything like the Sonic fandom.
Sonic.exe, Sanic and all that garbage can get burnt by a W+M1 Phlog Pyro.

Also Page 117 so guess I came back at the appropriate time.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
On the topic of commercials...

Interesting to note is the music that went unused in-game.

The other Rayman 2 commercial. Oh man, Blockbuster...

I still don't know what the advertisement team was smoking.

The last thing I want in any fandom is anything like the Sonic fandom.
Good material though.

Top Bottom