• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Hey, what if they had that electoon medallion as the series emblem? In every main game there's cages, and cracking them is a staple of the series. Lums are too but the medallion and the 'O' predate them; in the 'O's case it was only significant in the 1st 3 games: whenever Rayman got a power or was interacting with Polokus's masks. Now it's just a symbol on Rayman's torso, while the medallion is prominent in Origins and although not in Legends, what it represents is and will continue to be.

It could be a circle with 6 dots--literally a silhouette of the one from Origins. Think about it: there's 6 dots, Rayman's got 6 body parts...

Just an idea btw. I'd be fine with the shirt symbol.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Hey, what if they had that electoon medallion as the series emblem? In every main game there's cages, and cracking them is a staple of the series. Lums are too but the medallion and the 'O' predate them; in the 'O's case it was only significant in the 1st 3 games: whenever Rayman got a power or was interacting with Polokus's masks. Now it's just a symbol on Rayman's torso, while the medallion is prominent in Origins and although not in Legends, what it represents is and will continue to be.

It could be a circle with 6 dots--literally a silhouette of the one from Origins. Think about it: there's 6 dots, Rayman's got 6 body parts...

Just an idea btw. I'd be fine with the shirt symbol.
Hmm, that would be interesting...but is it "iconic" to the people that knows about Rayman? although the symbol on Rayman isn't being the prime focus as of late, it's the one thing that connects to Rayman, both literally and figuratively. I believe it's that symbol that connects him to the fairy's magical powers, and what allowed him the powers he obtain since the beginning...but, who knows...the medallion still an interesting choice, albeit may look kinda fancy for a cartoonish looking series...

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Hmm, that would be interesting...but is it "iconic" to the people that knows about Rayman? although the symbol on Rayman isn't being the prime focus as of late, it's the one thing that connects to Rayman, both literally and figuratively. I believe it's that symbol that connects him to the fairy's magical powers, and what allowed him the powers he obtain since the beginning...but, who knows...the medallion still an interesting choice, albeit may look kinda fancy for a cartoonish looking series...
I don't know about you, but I don't think people associate Mega Man with a gear. I mean, if a gear can serve as the symbol for Mega Man, then why can't the medallion do the same for Rayman?

And as for the symbol looking too fancy, well, that's just taste. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but Earthbound is a cartoony franchise, yet they have a fairly complex looking symbol.
That's my take on this, at least.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I don't know about you, but I don't think people associate Mega Man with a gear. I mean, if a gear can serve as the symbol for Mega Man, then why can't the medallion do the same for Rayman?

And as for the symbol looking too fancy, well, that's just taste. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but Earthbound is a cartoony franchise, yet they have a fairly complex looking symbol.
Earthbound's symbol is Earth (or at least an Earth like planet) and is actually a really dark series.
Mega Man's gear makes sense in that he's a (super fighting) robot.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Well, I did say I thought it was possible, as I said it was interesting as a choice. As for the gear, sure it doesn't stand out in the Megaman series, but there never really was one to begin with, they just made one up for him. I believe Pokemon and Mario's emblems were different then they are now back in Melee and 64 anyways. So really, they could make something up entirely for Rayman as far as we know. Also, Earthbound's emblem may look complex, but it still a symbol you recognize that it's that series itself, Earthbound(Mother).

You're right about taste, it could work, never said it can't. I just felt it might be more convenient to use something that the series in itself as made focuses on longer then just a few secs of gameplay. But again, I still think it could look interesting to use.

Edit: Also, I would have use Megaman's helmet, since that's something you remember distinctively from the series because Megaman, but oh well...

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well, I did say I thought it was possible, as I said it was interesting as a choice. As for the gear, sure it doesn't stand out in the Megaman series, but there never really was one to begin with, they just made one up for him. I believe Pokemon and Mario's emblems were different then they are now back in Melee and 64 anyways. So really, they could make something up entirely for Rayman as far as we know. Also, Earthbound's emblem may look complex, but it still a symbol you recognize that it's that series itself, Earthbound(Mother).

You're right about taste, it could work, never said it can't. I just felt it might be more convenient to use something that the series in itself as made focuses on longer then just a few secs of gameplay. But again, I still think it could look interesting to use.

Edit: Also, I would have use Megaman's helmet, since that's something you remember distinctively from the series because Megaman, but oh well...
Surprisingly, the Mario and Pokémon logos have remained the same. No comment on what should have been Mega Man's. But Mother's logo comes directly from it's title logo.
I honestly think a lum would be best for Rayman, but that's just me.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Surprisingly, the Mario and Pokémon logos have remained the same. No comment on what should have been Mega Man's. But Mother's logo comes directly from it's title logo.
I honestly think a lum would be best for Rayman, but that's just me.
I'm more then confident the Pokemon one changed (or better put, updated) from Melee to Brawl...I think Mario's did as well, but I need to check.

Sure, the lum is fine, it's at least distinguished thanks to the newer games so I agree..

EDIT:

Here's a list...

http://www.ssbwiki.com/series_symbol

And apparently, they say Megaman's emblem is either due to his "robotic nature" or that it looks like the Metal Blades, which honestly would make more sense, giving it's the most liked weapon in the Megaman series...

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Earthbound's symbol is Earth (or at least an Earth like planet) and is actually a really dark series.
Mega Man's gear makes sense in that he's a (super fighting) robot.
Yeah, I probably shouldn't have called Earthbound "cartoony." I played through the game, and I don't think Giygas will give anyone sleep.

As for a series symbol, they could just make it the head of Rayman.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Are they joking with me? Why are they so bad? :crying:

twitter.com/RaymanGame/status/572311756783128576

(I don't know how to put the twitter image).
Well, one, use the media button here;

upload_2015-3-2_17-5-42.png

And paste the link in the box that shows up.

Second, they won't tell us anything they may or may not have planned, no matter what. So don't take things too hard...

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Well, one, use the media button here;

View attachment 41075

And paste the link in the box that shows up.

Second, they won't tell us anything they may or may not have planned, no matter what. So don't take things too hard...
Thanks.

Of course I know that, I was joking, but it's interesting how they answered. (I thought they weren't going to answer me).

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Thanks.

Of course I know that, I was joking, but it's interesting how they answered. (I thought they weren't going to answer me).
Oh, ok then. :) Well, on the bright side, maybe since they are joking with it, maybe something is up their sleeves. :3

Hopefully it's actually not like the Ridley jokes they make though. >_>....

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm more then confident the Pokemon one changed (or better put, updated) from Melee to Brawl...I think Mario's did as well, but I need to check.

Sure, the lum is fine, it's at least distinguished thanks to the newer games so I agree..

EDIT:

Here's a list...

http://www.ssbwiki.com/series_symbol

And apparently, they say Megaman's emblem is either due to his "robotic nature" or that it looks like the Metal Blades, which honestly would make more sense, giving it's the most liked weapon in the Megaman series...
Ah, I thought you meant they changed it entirely. >.<
Yeah they definitely updated them but it's always been the mushroom and Pokeball.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
On the one hand talking to fans is cool.

On the other hand **** you rayman team my heart cant take anymore :(
You know, if Rayman ends up not getting in as DLC, we're going to look back at this tweet and realize that they were just taunting us.
Literally.

They can't turn back now. They've already started teasing us. In the end, they will end up as either a funny jokester or just plain mean.

You know, if Rayman ends up not getting in as DLC, we're going to look back at this tweet and realize that they were just taunting us.
Literally.

They can't turn back now. They've already started teasing us. In the end, they will end up as either a funny jokester or just plain mean.
Honestly being taunted like that would be amazing. Trolling done right if you ask me.

With them liking that tweet it seems like nintendo is certainly the problem and not ubisoft/rayman team (assuming the twitter isnt run by an intern) . Unfortunate but oh well.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I think this song captures the spirit of this thread, because here's the thing:
We have been hoping for Rayman to join Smash for years and there have been glimmers of hope. However, we're always back at square one since he has been deconfirmed.
For all of us in this thread, this is a battle we must finish.

Mobes

featuring Cool Robot Character "Ben Laserlove"
NNID
MobesMobes
Rayman / Ubisoft PR def. knows people would love to see this happen. Obviously they like people talking about COOL HIP BRANDS 4 TEENS
Real question is, how much influence would these people have? As someone with dev background, PR folk usually hasn't got crazy amount of influence but it's deffo not hopeless.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Considering the PR knows what'll bring in the $$$, they'll probably suggest it to the higher-ups because of the possibly gargantuan pay alone, let alone letting them get back into the fan's good graces. :p

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I think this song captures the spirit of this thread, because here's the thing:
We have been hoping for Rayman to join Smash for years and there have been glimmers of hope. However, we're always back at square one since he has been deconfirmed.
For all of us in this thread, this is a battle we must finish.
Unfinished Battle not being in Smash Bros is Criminal.
Sure it's heard only once but it's during one of the best bits of the game featuring Metal Face.

Mobes

featuring Cool Robot Character "Ben Laserlove"
NNID
MobesMobes
Considering the PR knows what'll bring in the $$$, they'll probably suggest it to the higher-ups because of the possibly gargantuan pay alone, let alone letting them get back into the fan's good graces. :p
Hmm, I wouldn't directly say PR knows what brings the $$$. I'm unsure how much money Rayman DLC for Smash would ACTUALLY make versus how much money it'd take to develop it.
But they probably know buzz when they see it. The buzz alone will be helpful if they decide to pitch something like Rayman DLC to people of power within Ubisoft.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I think it's safe to say that Ubisoft would love to see Rayman in Smash. After all, it's free advertising. The question is whether or not Nintendo, more specifically, Sakurai, feels the same way. Cross your fingers, everyone! A 20th anniversary comes only once.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I think it's safe to say that Ubisoft would love to see Rayman in Smash. After all, it's free advertising. The question is whether or not Nintendo, more specifically, Sakurai, feels the same way. Cross your fingers, everyone! A 20th anniversary comes only once.
As I mentioned in the past, I don't believe Sakurai does. Going by interviews in the past, he believes that third party characters should be a special occasion. The character in question should make people want to play Smash, not the other way around. Snake, Sonic, Pac-Man, and Mega Man weren't included for the sake of advertisement, but because they're some of the biggest and most celebrated video game characters in history. They're famous enough to warrant invading a primarily Nintendo crossover like this.

I just really dislike it when people think that C/D lister third party characters like say, Bayonetta should be included just to promote their game/series. Granted, I don't think Rayman is anywhere near her tier in terms of star power (ie at the bottom), but I'm not just convinced he's up there at the top with Sonic and Pac-Man.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Rayman is pretty well known among the masses, AFAIR. He's at the very least a B-tier third-party character, and Nintendo distributed his latest game (Rayman Legends, which came out about a year before Smash) in Japan; so he's got a pretty decent chance.

Rayman's got a better chance than Snake, who's never been on a Nintendo console since Snake Eater 3D in 2012. :p

Top Bottom