• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I stole this from the leak thread but it is wonderful
I think we have a reason why Rayman isn't in Smash. :p
This video makes me both happy and sad at the same time.
Sorry for double post, but can anybody answer me?

There are trophies for Fatal Frame and Commander Video (Thirdparty), why do you think Rayman would enter in the Roster, if he has trophies like the 2 games I said?
Fatal Frame is actually owned by Nintendo I believe. Commander Video was put in to show how much Nintendo loves Indies. Rayman was probably included due to Legends being published by Nintendo in Japan.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
And yet they still haven't localized the newest game yet, they want interest in the Wii U, but they're holding games.

There are so many franchises I want to get into, but there's always some obstacle in my way...
Nintendo is strange being indeed.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
And yet they still haven't localized the newest game yet, they want interest in the Wii U, but they're holding games.

There are so many franchises I want to get into, but there's always some obstacle in my way...
One franchise I've always wanted to get into was F-Zero, but since Nintendo hasn't released F-Zero X and GX on Virtual Console, the only F-Zero game I've played is the original.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
One franchise I've always wanted to get into was F-Zero, but since Nintendo hasn't released F-Zero X and GX on Virtual Console, the only F-Zero game I've played is the original.
As a Captain Falcon player, I regret never playing an F-Zero game.

My current excuse is that I don't care for racing games. Also, the difficulty in getting old games.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
As a Captain Falcon player, I regret never playing an F-Zero game.

My current excuse is that I don't care for racing games. Also, the difficulty in getting old games.
F-Zero GX (the last game, which was released for the GameCube) looks & runs quite decent (60fps), even today. It isn't difficult to get in it because of its graphics... It's because it's so freaking fast and trippy! But I love it that way!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
F-Zero GX (the last game, which was released for the GameCube) looks & runs quite decent (60fps), even today. It isn't difficult to get in it because of its graphics... It's because it's so freaking fast and trippy! But I love it that way!
I didn't mean difficulty getting into old games, I meant the difficulty in acquiring old games.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
You know what I think Sakurai could think of for Rayman's final smash?

I'm betting he will pull a Mega Man and have all of the incarnations shooting multiple punches at the player.

For example, here are all of the incarnations of Mario attacking:

I'm betting he will pull a Mega Man and have all of the incarnations shooting multiple punches at the player.

I dont see it. they arent actually different raymen are they?
plus i sakurai likes uniqueness so copying and pasting a final smash probably isnt in his mind. (Inb4 dark pit)

I find it hillarious that with recent events in the general thread a "jumpman" variant isnt in that pic

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

The thing with Megaman is that all his incarnations are not only very different in design, but also very different characters. Rayman is still the same character throughout the series.

Though I did have a somewhat similar idea, though it involved Globox, the Teensies, and Polokus.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Now I'm imagining every incarnation of Link just demolishing someone.

As is stated in the OP, I imagine Rayman could just gain infinite flight ala Rayman 2 while firing fully charged shots rapidly.

There's not really a lot to pull from for a final smash without taking some creative liberties.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Now I'm imagining every incarnation of Link just demolishing someone.

As is stated in the OP, I imagine Rayman could just gain infinite flight ala Rayman 2 while firing fully charged shots rapidly.

There's not really a lot to pull from for a final smash without taking some creative liberties.
I guess they could just make one up for him, much like how they made up a completely original final smash for Mario.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
lets be honest here, this happens with a lot of final smashes. Im no Link or mega man master but im pretty sure both of those final smashes are totally made up.
The "Hylian HYAAAHH Slash" has been Link's patented move ever since the first Legendary Zelda game on the XBox.

Clearly you aren't.

made up a completely original final smash for Mario.
Super Mario RPG.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
I didn't mean difficulty getting into old games, I meant the difficulty in acquiring old games.
Whoups, my bad! Yeah, at least the re-released the Metroid Prime Trilogy. But that outright screams for a port OR a proper sequel on the Wii U.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Would Moskito work for a Rayman final smash? (at least, how he's presented in Origins) It would probably be a bit too similar to Yoshi's, but the same thing could be said about Sonic and Pikachu's final smashes.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Would Moskito work for a Rayman final smash? (at least, how he's presented in Origins) It would probably be a bit too similar to Yoshi's, but the same thing could be said about Sonic and Pikachu's final smashes.
I could see that, maybe he would suck in opponents and shoot them out.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
It closely resembles the move Ultra Flame. Mario really pulls from his whole franchise.

We're veering too far from Rayman, though.
I can guarantee you that Mario Finale is not Ultra Flame.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
I can guarantee you that Mario Finale is not Ultra Flame.
He said it resembles it. Not that it's the same. Is that even important to point out here?

BTT: Because Ultra Smashes (mostly) look quite impressive, I would build up a swarm of Lums in the one for Rayman, before unleashing some powerful attack. So it starts quite in an unimposing way and ends spectacular. For the build up, I would suggest this music (would prefer the version where they actually sing, but couldn't find it):

I imagine either some transformation of Rayman (which makes him bigger & stronger), or getting some of the machines of Rayman 3 or some big attack like Mario's.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I have the urge to get to the next page, suddenly.

It's gotten quite slow in here compared to recent times...

Ever wondered what Rayman would look like if he appeared on Phineas and Ferb?

Well, now we know.
[collapse=It's probably best not to click this]
That show is awful and this is awful, what a horrific sight. Where is the eye bleach?

Apologizes if you personally enjoy that show.

I had a bad day.[/collapse]

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
I have the urge to get to the next page, suddenly.

It's gotten quite slow in here compared to recent times...

[collapse=It's probably best not to click this]
That show is awful and this is awful, what a horrific sight. Where is the eye bleach?

Apologizes if you personally enjoy that show.

I had a bad day.[/collapse]

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

I often question why I even bother making the OP so nice and shiny when it receives naught but the odd glance.

You know for alts I wouldn't mind alts like Shulk has (or maybe palutena as it is more limited) where they are based on other characters
Grand minimus, betilla, barbara etc.

Can costumes get top billing mega man style though.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
You know for alts I wouldn't mind alts like Shulk has (or maybe palutena as it is more limited) where they are based on other characters
Grand minimus, betilla, barbara etc.

Can costumes get top billing mega man style though.
Well, Rayman does have something like that in Origins and Legends.

So I wouldn't mind seeing that.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383

I often question why I even bother making the OP so nice and shiny when it receives naught but the odd glance.

Puh-lease, THIS is the ideal costume for Rayman.
He's sexy and he knows it.

Also, if Globox doesn't wear pants, why is the pink Globox in Legends (forgot his name) the only one that wears the leaf?

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104

I think it would be a nice touch if they made Rayman's fists spikey when wearing the Heavy Metal costume.

Honestly, though, I don't think they will, as it could give Rayman additional range.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I think it would be a nice touch if they made Rayman's fists spikey when wearing the Heavy Metal costume.

Honestly, though, I don't think they will, as it could give Rayman additional range.
...I'd honestly think if they would to use anything from R3, they would use the costumes as a palette swap, and use the actual powers for a moveset. He can use them without having the suit on, seen in some of those commercials for R3 before...

Last edited:
Top Bottom