• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheeseBroJoe

Smash Cadet
Karate Joe
Want: Abstain
Chance: Abstain
Never played Rhythm heaven.

Galacta Knight
Want: 50%
Chance: 10%
While I don't think this will occur, I would like to say the concept of galacta knight being a clone of meta knight is not that taboo. In the galacta knight fight in Return to dreamland, he fights remarkably similar to meta knight even slashing his lance around like it was a sword. It wouldn't be weird judging by that appearance. That being said, I think galacta knight would be a pretty rad alt or even Lucina-esque clone.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I thought I was done with nominations, but with this bizarre trend of getting announcements the same day we do ratings, seems it's worth nominating simply to see if we can get a PotD out of it! Isaac doesn't have any votes right now, so let's try something established instead:

Nominations
Outset Toon Link x5

ChazzzyF

Smash Cadet
Dangit. I typed a whole thing for yesterday's discussion and forgot to post the reply.

Anyway…

Galacta Knight:

Chance: 0% as a newcomer, 10% as a Final Smash, 90% as a alternate costume/palette swap.

Sorry moderators, I hope you can figure that one out.

I think that there are enough Kirby characters. While Kirby is a huge important franchise, it really only has three main characters, all of which are represented already (thanks Sakurai, for allowing me to say that today). It feels like anyone else just has too minor a role to stand tall next to Kirby, Dedede and Meta Knight.
Next, as a Final Smash. We really don't know what Meta Knight's Final Smash is. We're meant to believe that it stays the same, but that may not be the case. And wouldn't it be really cool if Meta Knight transformed into Galacta Knight and it acted like how Mega Lucario does, but with increased speed and attack strength?
And if neither of the first two are true, he'll probably just be another alternate costume or palette swap. They could just modify pink Meta Knight from Brawl slightly and make it Galacta Knight's color scheme.

Want: 0% as a newcomer, 90% as a Final Smash, 50% as a alternate costume/palette swap

Like I said earlier, I like the Kirby lineup we have now, Galacta Knight Final Smash would be really cool, and just indifference to the color palette idea.

Karate Joe:

Chance: 20%

Say all you want about Rhythm Heaven characters and who it could be. Is it gonna be Marshall? Is it gonna be the Chorus Kids? At least Karate Joe is an actual fighter (to an extent). We shouldn't be so quick to rule him out.

Want: 20%

I'd rather have him than another Rhythm Heaven character.

5 more nominations for Sonic 3DS Stage (Not Green Hill Zone)

Last edited:

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
Dangit. I typed a whole thing for yesterday's discussion and forgot to post the reply.

Anyway…

Galacta Knight:

Chance: 0% as a newcomer, 10% as a Final Smash, 90% as a alternate costume/palette swap.

Sorry moderators, I hope you can figure that one out.

I think that there are enough Kirby characters. While Kirby is a huge important franchise, it really only has three main characters, all of which are represented already (thanks Sakurai, for allowing me to say that today). It feels like anyone else just has too minor a role to stand tall next to Kirby, Dedede and Meta Knight.
Next, as a Final Smash. We really don't know what Meta Knight's Final Smash is. We're meant to believe that it stays the same, but that may not be the case. And wouldn't it be really cool if Meta Knight transformed into Galacta Knight and it acted like how Mega Lucario does, but with increased speed and attack strength?
And if neither of the first two are true, he'll probably just be another alternate costume or palette swap. They could just modify pink Meta Knight from Brawl slightly and make it Galacta Knight's color scheme.

Want: 0% as a newcomer, 90% as a Final Smash, 50% as a alternate costume/palette swap

Like I said earlier, I like the Kirby lineup we have now, Galacta Knight Final Smash would be really cool, and just indifference to the color palette idea.

Karate Joe:

Chance: 20%

Say all you want about Rhythm Heaven characters and who it could be. Is it gonna be Marshall? Is it gonna be the Chorus Kids? At least Karate Joe is an actual fighter (to an extent). We shouldn't be so quick to rule him out.

I'd rather have him than another Rhythm Heaven character.

5 more nominations for Sonic 3DS Stage (Not Green Hill Zone)
Galactica knight isnt meta knight tho.

D

Deleted member

Galactica knight isnt meta knight tho.
A palette swap that resembles him could still happen though. Mario has a Wario styled palette swap, Rosalina has a Peach styled palette swap, Peach has Daisy, Link has Dark Link etc.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Galacta Knight: 0.05% Chance

Want:33%

I think we're not going to get a Kirby Newcomer this game. But Galacta Knight would be cool.

Karate Joe: 15% Chance

Want:50%

I think we are going to get a Rhythm Heaven rep, but it's not going to be Joe.

Predictions:

Villains Trailer- 57.78%

Third Party Assist Trophy without a rep: 14.78%

Nominate Valkyrie Trophy x5

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
Galacta Knight:
chance: 1%
want: 20% meta clone maybe.
Karate Joe:
chance: 10%
want: 10%
If we get a Rh rep it would be marchal.

Non-playable character becoming playable via DLC x5

Last edited:

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
Karate Joe: I'm sorry, I know nothing about Rhythm Heaven.

Galacta Knight:
Chance: 25%
Want: 70%
I'm going to say this now, Galacta Knight has a high clone potential. If he isn't a playable character, I'd at least like him for a costume for Meta Knight.

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Karate Joe- 15%
Want- 35%

Galacta Knight- 1%
Want- 0%

3P AT- 10%
Villains Trailer- 30%

City Trial Stage x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Galactica Knight
Chance: 0% - He is not very important to the Kirby franchise having only appeared in two games and only having minor story importance in one. Sure he's an easy clone, but remember even clones have to be big enough characters to get a spot on the roster. If Sakurai wants to pad the roster out with a few clones then there are many more popular choices to choose from like Dixie, Toon Zelda, or Black Shadow.
Want: 0% - No thank you.

Karate Joe
Chance: 12% - I think we're more likely than no getting a Rhythm Heaven rep. I don't think he's the front runner but he should have a good shot.
Want: 31% - I may warm up to him.

Predictions
Third party AT without PC: 12%
Villains trailers: 25%

Nominations: SSB4 outsells Brawl x5

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Galacta Knight:
Chance:10%
All he really has going for him is being an easy Meta Knight clone, so he really doesn't seem that likely.

Want:50%
I know almost nothing about the Kirby franchise, so I don't really have much of an opinion.

Karate Joe:
Chance:15%
I never found a RH character very likely either way, and even if we do get one Chorus Men, the Rhythm Girl, and Rhythm Wrestler and Reporter give him a good run for his money.

Want:5%
I don't really like his artstyle, and would much rather prefer Rhythm Wrestler and Reporter.

Nomination:
Destiny (Awakening) x5

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
eh, not that interesting of a day

Galacta Knight
Chance - 0%
Want - 0%
Why? The only sense I can make of this is that someone omitted the "as an alt costume" part of the nomination the first time and then figured they didn't want to miss out on those nominations so kept at it. (Sorry whoever nominated galacta knight)

Karate Joe
Chance - 3%
Want - 100%

The whole Chorus Kid thing made it clear that there's more than just one possible candidate for this series to get repped. I'd give Joe a lower percentage than others like CK, mostly because of the fact I feel his character could wind up obligated by his name and concept to be a karate guy instead of simply being a Rhythm Heaven guy. It's the same problem I'd envision for the Samurai, and, to a lesser degree, the Wrestler (even though the wrestler would work better in the sense there's more possibilities for a wrestling moveset as well as the inclusion of the interviewer.)

The want is still 100% though, because any Rhythm Heaven rep is a Rhythm Heaven rep and thus they're all awesome news to me.

Predictions
Villains Trailer - 31%
Boy am I glad I didn't use nominations for this one. Didn't realize it went up so fast.
Other thing I forgot - 19%
please count this is I get it

Nominations
x5 Being able to use your own Villager/Robin design somehow, or however I phrased it last time. (or BATUYOV/RDS,OHIPILT)

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Sie sind das Essen und wir sind die Jäger!
Oi! Who are you calling food? And who exactly are the hunters?

...ja, ich kann Deutsch verstehen. Ich spreche auch ein bisschen Spanisch, aber nicht so gut wie Deutsch oder Englisch. Ich hoffe, dass ich Japanisch auch lernen kann, aber ich habe jetzt nicht die Gelegenheit.

I know these guys are reaching the top but could you huys do them in the middle of the week because I can only hop on during School Time. So I can't rate them over the weekend.
Once they get to the top, I can place them on hold until it's a weekday. As an extra safety measure, you can send me your scores for them in a PM a bit in advance, and I'll include them if you can't make it on. However, if we rate them in the middle of the week and you don't get on and don't send me anything in advance, I won't be able to wait for you.
15+ Newcomers (Miis counted as 1) x5
Just so you know, I'm personally calling this "Four or More Newcomers" because I don't want people to be confused over how many newcomers the Mii Fighter counts as, and whether or not Lucina counts. Will this work?

Galacta Knight: 0.1% chance and 0% want
He's not in the upper echelon of the most noteworthy clone-friendly characters, and he'd be relatively difficult to make a direct clone out of (as @Erimir pointed out, lances are used not for the rapid slashing Meta Knight is known for, but rather for thrusting). Additionally, there doesn't seem to be any reason why he'd need to be more than an alternate costume or color swap for Meta Knight. That's precisely what I think he'll be, and that's precisely what I want him to be--a coloration to add more depth to Meta Knight.

Karate Joe: 5% chance
I believe we're getting a Rhythm Heaven character; I doubt that there'd be an enemy in Smash Run from the franchise if we weren't. You could argue that there could potentially be enemies from unrepresented franchises in there, but even still, Rhythm Heaven feels like a strange franchise to choose for that. I'd say there's about a 66.66% chance that we get a Rhythm Heaven character. Ironically enough, I doubt Karate Joe will be the one selected.

Sakurai has proven one thing with his picks thus far--it doesn't matter if the character fights in their own franchise; he will make them into a fighter. Given that one of Joe's two main draws is that he's the most well-suited character in the series for a fighting game, this kind of shatters his chances. The other draw is that he's recurring in the franchise, but I don't feel that matters much; someone more important in a single installment would probably beat him out.

So, without further ado, let me announce my Rhythm Heaven chance breakdown:

25% Marshal (Mascot-ish, Gematsu, "Blank Slate")
20% Monkey (Mascot-ish, Street Pass, introductory)
10% Chorus Men (Gematsu, Demo, Avertisements)
6.66% Girl (Mascot-ish, Recurrence)
5% Joe (Recurring, Fighter)

...and I probably still forgot someone.

Karate Joe Want: 80%
As usual, I have to make note that I'm not fully behind any Rhythm Heaven character (other than Wrestler) for one reason--I'm cautious about how a moveset based on rhythmic timing would work in action. That said, I feel Karate Joe would be a very good choice from the franchise now that I've played his game in Fever. I've grown to like his simplistic design, and I wouldn't mind seeing a martial arts-based fighter join the cast.

More Mii Fighter Classes

DAY OVER

LOOSE... THE... GROOSE!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Yeah, If its in the middle of the week, you don't need to wait for me. I have two free periods on Wednesday afternoon new Australia time.

Australia is ahead so I think Tuesday would be good if you live elsewhere. :)

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Just so you know, I'm personally calling this "Four or More Newcomers" because I don't want people to be confused over how many newcomers the Mii Fighter counts as, and whether or not Lucina counts. Will this work?
"Four or More Remaining Newcomers" would make it clearer, probably.

...and I wouldn't mind seeing a martial arts-based fighter join the cast.
:4lucario: ?
A lot of his non-B moves are inspired by tai chi, if I remember right.

Groose

Smash Champion
Karate Joe
9.87% chance
35.43% want

Joe put up his bet fight, but he fell just shy of the double digit mark that he once held. He may have been considered the best last year, but this year the board fell into the hands of Marshal and the Chorus Kids, and it'll take a confirmation to get it out.

Galacta Knight
5.78% chance
23.60% want

This is Bandana Dee's board. Whenever a Kirby newcomer comes up, he takes them down. Dark Matter? Dee-molition. Magolor? Dee-struction. Adeleine? Dee-dn't even bother rating her. All that said, though, Galacta Knight didn't do so poorly. Oh, and Happy Meta Knight Day!

If all the heroes are already confirmed, then who's watching the bad guys? No one, and they'll all make their big entrance together, right? Today we have a Villains Trailer; we also have a Third party Assist Trophy from a franchise without a playable character. Please rate these two concepts in chance and want.

Tomorrow will be "In The Space Pirate Ship" from Kid Icarus and Hyrule Warriors Costumes. Predict away!

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Villains Trailer:

Chance: 54.56%

Want: 100%

It would incredibily epic with Hopefully K Rool, Ridley, Ganon, and Wario. And we don't have much villains confirmed yet.

Third party Asisst trophy:

Chance: 12.45%

Want: 75%

It would be cool if someone like Valkyrie, NIGHTS, AIAI, Ulala, even Ryu(Street Fighter) make an appearance.

Predictions:

In the Space Pirate Ship: 14.78%

Hyrule Warrior Costumes: 21.45%

Nominate Unlockable costumes x5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Villains Trailer
Chance: 2% Its not happening unless its a clone or some veterans. Newcomers so far have always been revealed alone with the exception to Lucina who is a simple clone. All non clone newcomers have their own poster and a video on their page (Except Mii Fighters but who cares about them?), If all these villains get one trailer, are they just going to use the same video? And Posters tend to have something related to their trailer so are they just going to share a poster as well? A Villains trailer wouldn't make much sense and wouldn't work well imo.
Want: 40% I see Mewtwo thrown a lot when this idea comes up and I absolutely do not want him, I would rather every character just get their own trailer.

Third Party Assist trophy
Chance: 30%, I can only see this happening if its a Namco Assist Trophy, but even then we already have the Ghost by the looks of things
Want: 20% Eh? I would rather keep it Nintendo or represented Third Party franchises.

Nominate Parabo & Satebo x5

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Yeah that works just fine.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
villains trailer: Chances
I think this is based on what newcomers/ melee veteran could appear in the game. As trailers focus on a newcomer rather than just veterans. I think that there are only a few villains with a real shot, and only one would be in the trailer. So off the top of my head, theres:
Ridley, King K. Rool, Mewtwo, and Ganon (as opposed to Ganondorf).
I dont think Ridley will be in the game, I doubt K. Rool will be either. I think they will continue to stick with Ganondorf, but I really hope we get Ganon. I think a returning Mewtwo is the best shot. But even then, a villains trailer is guaranteed.
So I'll go with 15%
Other than Ganon, I don't really have a desire for any of those villain characters. Even then, they are better served with a trailer built around their franchise.

3rd Party Assist Trophy: Chances
I really have no idea on this one, but the main thing I'm thinking is which character would it be? Capcom could get an AT because a lot of franchises have a strong Nintendo connection. Namco franchises have the best shot because they are also developing the game. Not a whole lot of characters would seem worth putting in as just an AT. But there are plenty of characters with a strong Nintendo connection at about Rayman's level in the third party Sakurai spectrum. So I'll go with 20%

Why not?

Noms:
Shulk AT x5

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Villains Trailer - 5%
I'm super iffy on this one. With Meta Knight revealed today we're running really low on veteran villains, and though the chances of a single newcomer villain like Ridley or K. Rool seem pretty good, getting two seems far less likely at this point. It also doesn't quite seem to gel with how the trailers have been handled, as the only newcomers to be shown fighting alongside another character were Fire Emblem Awakening characters Robin and Lucina. Otherwise, they seem to be focusing on the revealed character and how they compete against everyone else, including any veterans that might have been revealed in those trailers. It's plausible with Ganondorf in particular being kept secret so long, but not at all likely.
Want - 100% - No lie, this concept sounds amazing. Even if it's just a single villain newcomer with Ganondorf and/or Mewtwo I'd be completely on the hype train.

Third Party Assist Trophy from a Franchise Without a Character (AKA the longest concept ever) - 10%
Before the Rayman trophy this would have been a quick zero, no question about it. With the Rayman trophy, I'm not so sure. Our third party character cast seems to reinforce the long-held notion that any third party inclusion was reserved for the biggest characters, and they always got a playable character and a stage and likely more beyond that. That one anomaly, though, seems to challenge that status quo, and if the door is now open to third parties being in without playable characters, why couldn't we, say, have a Professor Layton assist, or a Phoenix Wright assist, or any number of characters who are very popular but perhaps aren't special enough to be playable? Given we don't have any proof this barrier will be crossed (or that Rayman's representation is really only that one trophy), I'm going to rate conservatively, but I wouldn't be too surprised if I was wrong.
Want - 50% - I'm torn. On one hand, this could make way for some great assist choices like the two I listed. On the other hand, I think adding non-playable third parties really dilutes the specialness that comes with a third party being in Smash. I guess it would depend on the character as to whether I'd be for it or not.

Nominations
Outset Toon Link x5

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Villains trailer:

Chance: 50%
It's looking more likely by the second. Most of the big name villains have yet to be confirmed or fully revealed (Wario, Ganondorf, Ridley, Mewtwo, etc), and Sakurai revealed Meta Knight instead of Ganondorf this week when Ganondorf actually had a major Zelda release that he could have been tied in with. This likely means one of two things: either Sakurai's holding off because just because Ganondorf is an unlockable, or he's saving him for a trailer. I'm thinking the latter.
However, there's no stopping Ganondorf from appearing in a trailer that features another franchise, since Captain Falcon was revealed in the Fire Emblem trailer. At this point, I'm fully convinced that K. Rool is a newcomer, and Ganondorf will be revealed in the same trailer. Whether it's a DK trailer or a Villains trailer remains to be seen, though.

Want: 40%
Unless Sakurai is going to skip on making a trailer for a few newcomers (which I think is unlikely), this would look very bad for Dixie Kong, my most wanted newcomer. I think if she and K. Rool are both in the game, they would get revealed together, and I don't think she would be showcased in a Villains trailer. While a trailer featuring potentially Ridley, K. Rool, Ganondorf, and Mewtwo would be awesome, that would pretty much spell doom for the character I support the most.

Third Party Assist: Abstain

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Villains Trailer:

Chances: 60%

I think this has a better chance of happening then it does not happening, we have seen absolutely nothing about any of the other villains in this game other then Dedede and Bowser (And I use the term villains loosely). Why not show Ganondorf to coincide with the Hyrule Warriors release instead of Metaknight? Why not show Wolf or Wario, especially Wario, who is obviously returning? Why not show any newcomer villains?

Yes, we haven't seen multiple newcomers from separate franchises in one trailer, but just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it won't. When it comes down to it, I think Wario, Wolf, Mewtwo, and Ganondorf are all returning, and I think Ridley, maybe K. Rool, and maybe Ghirahim could be in as well. That's a lot of characters, something an all encompassing villains trailer would show quite nicely. Not to mention it would make a fantastic final trailer for Sakurai to reveal.

Almost all of the remaining characters I want in the game in one place. I would die of happiness to see this come to fruition.

3rd Party Assist without playable representation: Chance: 60%

I think this has a good chance of happening (It's why I nominated it) I didn't think this had as big of a shot of happening until the Rayman trophy was revealed, but that was enough for me. It boils down to the simple factor of why on earth get the rights to a third party character to only include them as a trophy? And why would the third party company give the rights to said character to just have them represented as a trophy? (What sense would it have made if Sonic/Megaman/Snake/Pacman were included as only stickers/trophies in Smash?)

The only reason I didn't rate this higher is A) I'm not 100% sure of the methods/procedures that are needed to obtain these rights to characters (Although based on how much I've researched it I'm fairly certain what I said earlier holds true) and B) We don't actually know what Rayman's full role in Smash is yet. He could just be a trophy, which opens up other 3rd party characters to be trophies and possible assists as well. He could be an assist and others could be assists as well. Or he might be playable and 3rd party content is limited to playable representation.

I reallllllllly want Rayman to have more of a role in Smash then just a trophy. And after that there are so many good candidates for 3rd party AT's that wouldn't have had as good of a shot of being playable. Characters like Professor Layton, Phoenix Wright, Lloyd Irving, Bomberman, Klonoa, Simon Belmont, the Rabbids, Chocobos, Moogles, Black Mage, to name a few. There are so many good options to include more characters that had good times on Nintendo platforms but weren't quite up to the status of being playable.

Predictions:
Space Ship: 10%
Hyrule Warriors Costumes: 14%

Noms:
x15 Four or More Third Parties (I have my name listed twice with 5 extra nominations each. Not sure if that's on purpose. If not, just 10 or 5 or however much I actually have)

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Villains Trailer:
Chances: 20%
Yeah, no. There are other ways you can reveal characters and specifically villains. Ganondorf not being revealed today gives it a better chance but still, I don't see it happening.

So. Much. Hype.

Third Party AT from franchise without character:
Chance: 2%
Normal trophy, sure but an AT. No. I'll admit Rayman does help but I just don't see it.

Want: abstain
Depends on the franchise.

noms:
5 x outset T Link

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
Villains Trailer
Chance: 1%
Want: 1%
I was with the idea, but I find it highly unlikely now. Villains such as Ridley, Ghirahim and King K. Rool deserve their own trailers. Ganondorf & Wario feel like POTD material to me. Others such as Mewtwo & Wolf aren't even villains, so a trailer wouldn't work.

3rd Party Assist Trophies
Chance: 50%
Want: 50%

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
A Trailer with Mega Mewtwo Y:
It's gone from: "Ooh it would be cool" to "We're definetely getting a villains trailer" just by repeating the idea.
I still think most villains will be kept secret and we just get a DK trailer for Rool and a Pyrosphere trailer for Ridley.

Only if King K. Rool either plays dead after a hit and returning at the end if the trailer. "I suppose I'll get my chance.. NOW dirty monkeys!"
King K. Rool Returns to the Kountry!
Or a Kannonball flies through the screen at the absolute end of the trailer.

3rd party AT with a long name:
WHYYY NOOOOOT!?

Predictions:
Not a song about Mega Mewtwo Y: 6.77%
Not a costume for Mega Mewtwo Y: 3.33%

Mega Mewtwo Y x5
EDIT: We're gonna do this wether you like it or not.

Last edited:

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice
Villains Trailer:

Chances: 5%
As much as I would absolutely adore this, I have a feeling this will be there in principle and not as an actual trailer. For instance, if Ridley gets revealed, we get a trailer with Wolf (if he's back) and Falco. If Ghirahim or Impa gets revealed, it's the obvious place to show Ganondorf. If Rhythm Monkey or Chorus Kids get revealed, it's the obvious place to show Wario.

I don't think however, we'll get a trailer with multiple newcomers, especially ones from other franchises, unless one of them gets the Lucina treatment because it seems like Sakurai likes to use as much of the trailer to focus on the newcomers moveset as possible, to give us a taste of how they play but I also feel like they also like to keep it short. Multiple newcomers would dilute that.

With that being said, I really wouldn't be all that surprised if there was a trailer the day before/on release that just showed the remaining non-clone newcomers without gameplay, to build up the hype.

EDIT: I just considered that the Villains Trailer might happen in principle but not in the way people suspect. With the whole idea running across a Nintendo Direct, like, talk about Ganondorf, talk about Mewtwo, talk about Wario and the changes they have all received. Maybe even give them all a little cinematic similar to Sonic's reveal, before talking about them. With a reveal at the end that display one or two newcomers.

Would be absolutely brilliant. Ideally, seeing Mewtwo, Ganondorf, K. Rool, Ridley and Ghirahim in one place at the same time would be absolutely brilliant and gives some of the most fan requested characters of all time.

--
3rd Party Assist Trophies
Chance: 5%
Rayman...maybe
I'd still prefer the majority to be Nintendo characters, but one or two 3rd Party Characters would be nice to see.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Villains Trailer - 1%

Might be a little low, but I don't really see them just putting in K. Rool, and a few veterans (Ganondorf, possibly Wolf, and Mewtwo, who can be considered a antagonistic but at the same time, it's not really a villain either) into one last trailer. and while Ridley would fit in perfect with them should such a thing happen....I still seriously doubt Ridley will be playable.

Want - 100%

If it at least had K. Rool, Ridley, and either Mewtwo or another villain veteran, then HELL YES! ALL OF MY WANT!

Third Party Assist From Franchise Without A Character (the longest title of anything we've rated I believe) - 15%

Only because Third-Party trophies like Rayman are a thing now. Still, I don't see it as particularly likely.

Want - Abstain.

It depends on what third-party characters we're talking about.

In the Space Ship - 8%

Hyrule Warriors Costumes - 1%

Outset Toon Link x5

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Villains Trailer:

Chance: 10% - I guess it could happen, but I seriously doubt it somehow. Villains are traditionally hidden characters in Smash, with the exception of Bowser, which explains why we haven't seen very many villains yet, which is what the villains trailer theory is built upon. I still won't rule it out, but it doesn't seem likely to me, especially when Ridley or K. Rool would be better off carrying trailers focused on them solely.

Want: 100% - I'm a villains guy, they're almost always my favorite characters, so this would be heaven for me (or hell if we're keeping up with the villain theme.)

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Villains trailer chances: 17 %
With only Bowser, King Dedede and Meta Knight being officially revealed as of now and no villain newcomer, there is the possibility of a villain-themed trailer. We have several strong villain candidates for SSB4 newcommers, like King K. Rool, Ridley or Ghirahim, and I would be shocked if none of those is in the official roster. But I'm not sure that it's really probable. For now, the only trailers with several characters confirmed (besides the Pac-Man one because G&W wasn't updated in the official website) are the Greninja and Robin one. Charizard and Lucina are "underdogs" of those trailers due to being a veteran and a clone respectively, plus Captain Falcon in the Robin trailer didn't have his own introduction screen. A trailer with a theme that's not based on a particular franchise, and with several newcomers without an "underdog", seems odd IMO.

Villains newcomers want: 69 %
It would be really odd like I explained, but it would bring so much hype.

Third-party Assist Trophy from a franchise with no playable rep chances: 72 % and want: 100 %
This chance score looks insane compared to what other people think, but there is much more than just the Rayman trophy: replace "Assist Trophy" with "item", and the concept is already fulfilled with Boss Galaga and S-Flag. Obviously one playable guest is enough to represent a third-party company, but I'm sure that they want to show more than only one of their franchises. Sega isn't just Sonic. Capcom isn't just Mega Man. Namco isn't just Pac-Man. Perhaps just trophies may be enough, but it would be awesome to see a few more third-party assist trophies from those companies in the battle, even if they're not playable.

Predictions:
"In the pirate-space ship" music: 56.59 %
Hyrule Warriors costumes: 5.29 %

Nominating:
Playable newcomer: Magikarp x4
Concept: non-Fire Emblem franchise with exactly four playable reps x1

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Villains Trailer Chance: 25%
This would explain why Wario, Wolf, and Ganondorf are revealed yet and no villain newcomer yet.
Want:100%
No Franchise Third Party AT Chance:10%
With Rayman, anything is possible
Want: 25% Not really invested in 3rd parties although maybe a Bomberman AT will satisfy
"In the pirate space ship":32.45%
Hyrule Warriors Costume: 2.78%
Duck Hunt Dog x5

D

Deleted member

Villain Trailer:
Chance - 0%: It's a pipe dream.
Want - Abstain: I don't care. There aren't really any villains I care about that haven't been revealed yet. Wario and Wolf don't count IMO.

Third Party Assist:
Chance - 5%: I don't think this will happen, but you never know. Rayman makes having an accurate score for this so much harder.
Want - 60%: If only so we can have a Phoenix Wright AT that uses his Level 3 Hyper Combo from UMvC3.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Villains Trailer:
Chance - 20%
It's quite low mainly because most villains (aside from Bowser - a veteran - nd Ridley - so much teasing) would be best as secret characters IMO
Want - 100%
Oh heck yeah

3rd party assist trophy: abstain
This one... Seems hard to rate. So... Yeah.

Fiora x5

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Villains Trailer:
Chance: 35%

Third Party Assist from Franchise Without a Character:

I'd love to see a Ryu Assist Trophy and a AiAi Assist Trophy.

Nominations:
M. Bison x3
Ken Masters x2

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I read what happened yesterday lol. Sakurai is definitely watching the thread. :troll: (Should we nominate it as a concept?)

Anyway, Villain Trailer: 15%
It's hard to put a definite percentage to this one, mostly because it is a fan idea after all.

3rd Party Assist without character from same franchise: Abstaining
Rayman says it's possible but I can't put a number to it.

Sure. I would like to see something from Sega, Capcom and Namco's other franchises. (Ace Attorney in particular.)

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Villain Trailer

Chance - 15% - A good idea for a trailer, but I think we should have seen it by now. They could have not revealed it, sure but otherwise I'm skeptical.

Want - 85% - But yes, it is a cool idea.

3rd party Assist trophy

Chance - 5% - Note that Namco is for the most part not counted, as Pac-Man mostly seems to be representing Namco in general As such, I don't think it's quite likely unless something special happens, though who knows.

Want - 70% - Just for the sake of having a "Post 217" recreation in Smash Brothers. No, it has no chance. But do I need to have a reason to not want this?

Predictions

"In the Space Pirate Ship" - 62.34% - I can see this one doing well.

Hyrule Warriors Costumes - 7.89% -This one not so much.

Nomianitons

"Moonstruck Blossom" X5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom