• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Sami: abstain

Warrior of Light
Chance - 30%. I think Neku would be a more likely (and preferable) S-E rep.
Want - 10%. I think WoL should stay in Dissidia tbh, but at least he'd be more preferable in Smash than say, Cloud, Sora or Lightning. (I have nothing against those 3, just that I can't imagine them in Smash.)

Nominations:
Third Party Assist Trophy [From a series without a playable character] x 1
"Captain Falcon's Theme" x 2
Fiora x 2

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Sami Chance: 1.5% Andy is more likely to be chosen as the Nintendo Wars character as he's more recognized than her, the only reason Sami is suggested is because she does actual fighting with her weapons, which I don't think favors her chances more at all.

Nominations:
x5 Mother 3 Content Without Lucas.

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Warrior of Light
Chance: 0%
I doubt we'll get any other 3rd Party characters, other than the unlikely return of Snake. Final Fantasy has no recent ties to Nintendo, and it just seems pretty much impossible.

Want: 0%
I have no attachment to Final Fantasy, and seeing as I've never heard of this character, he/she is clearly not of the same caliber as Pac-Man, Mega Man, or Sonic. I think what we have for 3rd parties is perfect, and I don't want too many
Sami
Chance: .5%
Andy is clearly the front runner for a rep from this series, and I highly doubt there will be two characters from a previously unrepped series

I still haven't played Advanced Wars (considering picking it up on the Wii U Virtual Console though), but Andy still seems more interesting based on what I've looked at. The whole "we need more females" thing is pretty much done now, after how many we've gotten for this game
Predictions
Karate Joe: 19.5%
Galacta Knight: .5%
Nominations
Olimar Alternate Costume (so close) x3
Balance Patches x2

D

Deleted member

Warrior of Light
Chance & Want:
Double Zeroes

He would have been announced by now if he was in.
I have no attachment to him.

Moving on.

Sami
Chance:
5%

As I've mentioned on Andy's day, this series is very dormant, probably as dormant as F-Zero and such. This kinda impairs the chances of us getting a Wars rep in general, despite being one of the last remaining big Nintendo franchises without a character.
Sami gets a lower chance score than Andy for one pure reason; she is not the main character in her game. She's one of the main characters, but she isn't the main character; Andy is.
One argument for her is that she could inherit Snake's moveset, but why make her a Snake clone and not bring back Snake? If anything, I can see Snake get cut and have some characters inherit some of his properties.
Want: 25%
I have nothing against her, but I'm not interested in her.

Karate Joe Prediction: 6.44%
His ratings before made him seem like he was the Rhythm Heaven character that we would get; this is no longer the case.
Galacta Knight Prediction: .73%
Bandana Dee

Nominations: Dr. Mario Alt. Costume 5x

Option to use your own Villager/Robin design somehow x10
Question on that: Will the Robin design include replacing Chrom with your spouse or one of your children from Awakening in your Final Smash?

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Warrior of Light: Double Zeroes - I think we have all of the third parties that we're going to get, and I think Dragon Quest would get something before Final Fantasy. Not interested either.

Sami's chances: 10% - Same score I gave Andy. I think it could go either way, but I don't think we'll get a Wars rep at all.
Want: 90% - I want one, though.

Karate Joe prediction: 10.18%
Galacta Knight prediction: 2.18%

More Mii Fighter Classes x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Warrior of Light: Double Zeroes
Nope, I think Black Mage is probably the most likely FF character, and he doesn't have a chance. Oh, and I personally would vastly prefer Black Mage too.

Sami: 2%
It doesn't look like Advance Wars is going to get much in these games, and Andy is more likely being the protagonist.

Want: 55%
Wouldn't mind her.

And new Chance Charts too.

As a Paper Mario fan, I'm really happy to see him in the top 10.

Last edited:

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Abstaining from Warrior

Sami:
Chance: 25% Originally I was gonna give her a higher chance than Andy because of Snake porting potential, but thinking about it now since Sakurai knew who he was adding in advance, and assuming Sakurai knows anything about Wars at all, he would know that both Sami and the franchise have enough of their own identity for her to have a mostly original moveset. The most I can see her taking from Snake is FSmash, USmash, Side Special, and MAYbe neutral special. Assuming this is the case, Sami being chosen over Andy for easy development probably isn't as likely a situation as one may think. That said, I won't put her below Andy, because as others have mentioned, Sami's about as much of a main character as Andy is. And we can see what happened with Chrom, Robin, and Lucina there. Though Andy has absolutely no uniqueness issues so...

Want: 95% I prefer Andy because I think he better captures (HA) the spirit of the series, but I'd gladly take any Wars rep. She has just as much moveset potential as Andy does.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Abstaining from Warrior of Light

Sami

Chance:
5% Slim Chance. Too Scarce of a Series. She'll probably be in the game as an trophy and the Advance Wars assist trophy from Brawl would return.

Want: 00.1% Ehh. It would be cool to see a GBA rep.

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Warrior of Light

Generic FF protagonist represents the series well, but is also generic and not very memorable, etc. Main issue is that Square is almost certainly not getting a character in the game, and something like Black Mage, Terra, Crono, Cloud, a Moogle, Chocobo or a DQ rep is more likely.

WoL chances: 0.01%
WoL want: 10%
If we got an FF rep, this would be a boring choice.

Sami

Nintendo Wars has a decent chance at getting a rep. It's one of the larger series with no rep... but it's also in hibernation and the COs only got stickers in Brawl. It also doesn't have the fans clamoring for them like Little Mac or other characters that "should" have gotten in by now. Unlike the other IS property, Fire Emblem, the main characters do not directly fight, so they don't translate as directly. Yeah, she could take Snake's move set, but that would be unusual.

Sami chances: 5%
Sami want: 50%
I don't care much either way.

Predictions:
Karate Joe - 10%
Galaxia Knight - 4%

Nominations:
Ice Climbers x5

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Warrior of Light: 0%

Sami: 5%
Want: 30%

Karate Jo: 9.72%
Galactica Knight: 5.47%

x5 Excitebiker

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Warrior of light: 0% chance and 0% want
I'm sure Square would pick someone more memorable or bigger.

Sami
chance 10%
want 75%

I see her and Andy as equals, two good choices for Advance Wars. Where one is the main character of one game but the other appeared more throughout the series. Sami has a more fitting Wars look between her and Andy but it could go either way. They are the biggest two COs or at least more remembered by fans but even then Advance Wars has faded away. Even though Advance Wars got new protagonists they could easily get the Marth treatment. However I think it's more than likely that they won't represent Advance Wars with a playable character, despite the fact that it could totally use one.

x4 Fossil Fighters
x1 Starman (Pro-wrestling)

Predict: 8.58% and 3.34%

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Like this Jigglepuff x4
You can give up to five nominations per day unless you win extra for winning the prediction.
So, you can give Jigglypuff 5 nominations, unless you want to use one nomination towards something else.

D

Deleted member

My first post here, :D

Warrior of Light-

Obvious double 0s is obvious

Sami-
Chance: 3%
Want: 7%

We have no Advanced Wars content or tease, so why would she be playable when her franchise has what appears to be downgraded representation? She also has severe competition with Andy.

x5 Galacta Knight and Dark Meta Knight ('s Revenge) as alt costumes for Meta Knight

Predictions-
0.5% Galacta Knight
8.37% Karate Joe

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
You can give up to five nominations per day unless you win extra for winning the prediction.
So, you can give Jigglypuff 5 nominations, unless you want to use one nomination towards something else.
I really need to start contribute to this thread more so I can to this
Jigglypuff x3
Gray Fox AT x2

D

Deleted member

Hang on, why isn't Jigglypuff in the same catagory? Not trying to argue, but this caught my interest
She didn't get enough votes to be barred from the nominations. Heck, we even rated Ganondorf and Mr. Game & Watch.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Warrior of light
Chance: 0% Don't care, don't know.
Want: 0% Don't know, don't care.
Sami
Chance: 10% Advanced Wars is dead. :crying: Can't wait for Project Steam, right? Plus, Advanced Wars has had close to zero representation in Smash. The only thing notable is the assist trophy from Brawl. Stickers are by far the lowest form of representation in Smash and shouldn't even count. And we haven't seen a single thing related to Advanced Wars in Smash 4. Not saying Sami is impossible, but it ain't the slightest bit likely.
Want: 99% Would be a much better character than most of the crap other people ask for.

I don't nominate nothin'.

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Warrior Of Light

Chance - 0% - Square Enix? HA. Even outclassed by many here.

Want - 0% - Give me someone else, please.

Sami

Chance - 1.5% - A little less than half Andy's score. Honestly, Andy seems to be closer to a mascot than any other character, and I don't see why many others are going for her. Why not, say, Max?

Want - 65% - Meh. Would prefer Andy.

Predictions

Karate Joe - 13.45% - Eh, donno.

Galatica Knight - 0.24% - Crushed by the Dee, and seen as a clone.

Nominations

"In The Space Pirate Ship" X5

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
Warrior Of Light (...how'd we even get here?)
Chance: 0.1%
Want: 2%

In the past, Square Soft and Enix both had good relationships with Nintendo and SquareEnix has put numerous Final Fantasy games and Kingdom Hearts games on recent Nintendo consoles. Dream Drop Distance is outstanding and 365/whatever the hell was good, but others like Chain of Memories and Recoded are eh... Other than that Nintendo usually only gets FF spin offs (like the FF music game or My Life as King) or remakes/sequels to older FFs. I just see Sora being a more likely canidate IF we get a SquareEnix rep other then the fan wanted Geno. Only reason I know the character is because of the PSP's Dissidia and I would think most people do too.

As for my want of him... no. I rather have Sora.. or Terra... Or Cain or Cecil. They where on more Nintendo consoles I think, considering all the FF V remakes and the sequel FFV got on virtual console. Nah, still rather have Sora.

Sami (Hell yeah! Advance Wars!)
Chance: 23%
Want: 88%

I believe between Melee and Brawl was the best chances for any Famicon/Ninendo Wars Character. But hey, with the recent release of the Virtual Console version of Advance Wars maybe we can get one on Smash 4's release or as DLC later. I doubt it would be Sami, though. I like her more than Andy but I think Jake from Dual Strike is more popular then her. Not sure about Andy vs Jake but those are her two competitors and they seem more likely then her.

I want any Wars rep I can get. Just give me one.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I'm about to see DBZ:Battle of Gods soon, so I'll keep this short and sweet.

Warrior of Light:
Abstain.

Sami:
Chance: 15%

Want:65%

Nominations:
Destiny (Awakening) x5

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Warrior Of Light

I do not see the Warrior of Light getting in nor really want the warrior.

Sami

Chance: 15%

Want: 75%

She would work well from what I can base off of the moveset predictions. Liking the Advance War series helps.

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Sami
Chance: 3% - I doubt we're getting a Wars character. The series hasn't had a new release in a while, has done horribly in Japan and received almost no content in Brawl. i think the fact that characters in the franchise often fight with real life firearms also hurts they're chances. I suppose it's possible Sakurai could just recycle Snake's old moveset from Brawl but I wouldn't call that likely.
Want: 16% - I can live without her.

Warrior of Light
Chance: 0% - Completely generic RPG hero who's also third party. Not happening.

Predictions
Karate Joe: 8%
Galactica Knight: 0.8%

Nominations: SSB4 outsells Brawl x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sami

Chance: 5%
Want: 20%

Warrior of Light

Chance & Want: 0%

Nomination

Marshal x5

Groose

Smash Champion
My first post here, :D
Hey, welcome! You seem to understand the game pretty well, but don't hesitate to ask if you need to know something about it or even Smashboards as a whole. This is a good community, and I'm glad you decided to become a part of it.

Warrior of Light: 0.01% chance and 0% want
Admittedly, I didn't do as much research as I should have. Even so, it's pretty clear that this character is bordering on impossibility, and I don't want this to be the last "huge" newcomer left.

Sami: 2.5% chance and 75% want
I think Sami is third in line in terms of getting a Wars character; I believe Andy or even a regular grunt would be chosen before her. Yes, she could inherit Snake's moveset; however, I am still of the opinion that Snake is in this game. In terms of want? Just like Andy, I wouldn't mind her at all, but she's not one of my most wanted newcomers.

More Mii Fighter Classes

DAY OVER

GROOSE IS THE TRUE WARRIOR OF LIGHT

Groose

Smash Champion
Warrior of Light
0.83% chance
10.32% want

I was listening to "Calling to the Night" as I was tallying the scores today, and my mind was messing with the lyrics. I kept thinking they were singing "Warrior of Light." The syllable count matches perfectly, and it even rhymes.
Did my irrelevant tangent there hide the fact that I have nothing to say abut this guy because I did too little research? Did it?

Sami
11.99% chance
58.40% want

Hmm. We've not yet rated Sami, but we did just rate her fellow Wars leader Andy, so I think I'll compare her results to his. Sami's chance score is 1.88% less than that of Andy; however, her want score is 0.86% higher than that of Andy's. Isn't it remarkable how close the two are in both aspects? One vote could have skewed the votes to be almost identical.​

Remember what the world was like before Gematsu? Few thought that a Rhythm Heaven character was anywhere near likely, and non thought it would be the Chorus Men; the most popular pick from the franchise was easily Karate Joe. Heck, for a time it was difficult to think that anyone else could have made it. Just how much has this sentiment changed? Also, since Meta Knight has been "deconfirmed," does Galacta Knight stand a chance? ...just imagine how OP he would be! Please rate Karate Joe and Galacta Knight in chance and want.
Tomorrow is the day when Nintendo's bad guys will take over the thread; they will be assisted by the third-party characters that failed to get in as playable material. Not even Reggie can stop this alliance! Please predict how a Villains Trailer and a Third-Party AT (from a franchise without a playable character) will do.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I think it should be an unspoken rule that if you nominate a character by yourself, you should change you profile pic to that character so people know you nominated them:awesome: Anyways:

Galacta Knight:
It depends how he goes.

As an original character: 0.12%
There's no way we would get a character with as little importance to the series as him.

But as a clone?

Chance: 33%
Allow me to explain. I highly doubt that we will get Lucina as our only new clone character. So who else (besides Dark Pit) could possibly end up as a clone? Cue galacta Knight. He is a similar character that could easily be made into a clone. His abilities may vary somewhat from meta Knight, but then again, we currently have Ganondorf as a Falcon clone. I'm aware that he could easily end up as an alt for Meta Knight, but then again, Lucina could have easily been an alt for Marth.

Want: 100%
Easily my #1 choice for a clone character. Just look at that mask!! Also, it means we get to hear this song in ssb4:

Karate Joe:
Chance: 1%
I say there's an 80% chance for a rh character, with 75% for Marshall, 4% for Chorus things, and 15 for Joe.
Want: 30%
Can't say I like his design.

Villains trailer: 37%
3rd party AT: 22%

Meh, I'm out of things to nominate.
Nominating Magikarp x2
SSb4 outsells brawl x3

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Karate Joe:

Chance: 12%
Entirely possible, but the Chorus Kids and Marshal are tough competition.

Want: 95%
I would love to see him. Definitely would be fun.

Galacta Knight:

Chance: 11%
You know what, with it being brought up, he very well could be an easy clone like Lucina (and potentially Dark Pit). I never considered it before, but it's certainly possible.

Want: 60%
Eh, why not? Could be interesting.

Predictions:
Villain's Trailer: 44.44%
Third Party Assist Trophy: 9.87%

Nominations: Hyrule Warriors Costumes x5

andimidna

Smash Master
Galacta Knight:
Chance: 30%
Suprise! I rank him 10th in chance personally.
I've completely lost "hope" in a unique Kirby newcomer. I don't think there's even a chance we'll get one at this point.
And since this is Sakurai, this would put a Kirby character clone surely into consideration, yes?
"Who's to say Sakurai's just going to add a bunch of clones everywhere now that there's one?"
Ah, well, Lucina was an alt, yes?
And was turned into a full character, yes?
Now, who's to say Galacta Knight wasn't planned as a MK alt early in development. It makes sense. If Lucina could be one, and she's not the same person as Marth. Plus, I've heard Brawl MK had a move or 2 inspired from a Galacta Knight fight... not sure if this is true, but it definitely seems like something Sakurai would do.
And Galacta Knight is popular among the Kirby fanbase. Not exactly requested among Smash fans, so he's not above 50%
Anyways, I think an early alt makes logical sense. And an upgrade makes logical sense. He's currently on my roster despite me ranking him below 50%
Anyways, I think this has a very good shot of happening.
Want: 75%
Wouldn't care too much though. MK was broken in the last game and it'd be scary to see 2 MKs in this game, each with slightly different stats. I'm sure it would be balanced... kind of, but I mostly only want it because I think it's likely. Which is funny, most people go the other way around.
@ Leafeon523 Leafeon523 you can look now ;D

Karate Joe:
Chance: 1%
Another suprise. I rank him very low.
I still think that Gematsu is legit, sue me.
Chrom was probably planned early on, does that not make sense? It does, he's the face of Awakwning.
Then Sakurai was like "Oh **** what do I do with this bland lord!" and scrapped him.
Anyways, I will enjoy my ironic battles of Robin vs Chorus Kids when the game comes out ;)

Oh, and also, I don't think this puch for a RH character would have happened w/o the leak. W/o it I think the Sneaky Spirit would have gone almost completely unnoticed like most of the SR enemies.

Want: 1%
I try to like his design, but I just can't, and I just don't find his potential interesting. I'm not against a RH character, I swear, but... this is the one I don't want, sorry!

x3 Cia
x2 Lana

Pre:
Villain Trailer: 55%
Possibly too much hype ;)
3rd party assist thing: 12%
Rayman gives this hope but idk...
Egh, what if Snake was an assist?...

Last edited:

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
Galacta Knight chance: 1%
I feel as though meta knight stands a good chance of coming back still. He might be an alt but not his own original character.

Want: 20%
He would screw over bandana dee and that's just not cool in my book. He is overly badass though.

Karate Joe Chance: 5%
I'm of a different opinion on rhythm heaven characters, I doubt we'll see any. Maybe its because I never believed in gematsu for a second, so the idea never came to me. The game series got what, three games? One never appeared in America and another never caught on. So only one game so far has actually bean good enough to be recognized in the mainstream. Also there was no pull for any real rythem heaven character anywhere so why would he waist his time? At this point your probably thinking "then why the 5%?" because if we do get a rhythm heaven rep its probably karate kid or marshal. Also sakurai recognized him.

Want: 35%
I'm opposed the idea, but you could do way worse.

Nominations: Krystal rerate x2 Bandana dee x2 Neku trophy x1 .

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Galacta Knight
Chance: 10% Slight Possibily of getting the Lucina treatment but other then that he has no chance.
Want: 2% I'm all for Cool Kirby content but only characters I would accept are Bandana Dee, Daroach, Magalor and Dark Matter.

Karate Joe
Chance: 20% I believe we are getting a Rhythm Heaven character but I think Marshal and Chorus Men would be better to represent the series due to their mascot like treatment and has a focus on music moreso then Karate Joe. And you have more to work with them due to being a blank slate while Karate Joe would pretty much have to use karate moves
Want: 7% I think there are better choices to represent the quirkiness of Rhythm Heaven.

Nominate Parabo & Satebo x5

I know these guys are reaching the top but could you huys do them in the middle of the week because I can only hop on during School Time. So I can't rate them over the weekend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom