• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
He's third party.
I don't really oppose any characters so long as they are Nintendo owned.
Umm, Chibi-Robo is second party. He is as much as a Nintendo character as Kirby, Pokémon, the Wonderful 100, ect. Trophies of his series were even in Brawl.

That aside...

Chibi-Robo

Chance - 20% - A trophy in Brawl shows that Sakurai should know of him, and he seems to be decently notable. Sadly, he is badly out-competed by too many characters, and probably is not going to make it unless Sakurai sees something we don't.

Want - 55% - He's cute, and could be interesting. I do not actively support him, but I would not oppose his inclusion.

Porky Minch Prediction - 12% - He will score the best out of Mother newcomers... that isn't saying much.

Nominations
Roy X3
Lip X2

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Hello chibi-robo
Chance: 15% he's his own unique franchise and all but he's not the biggest name of the currently unrepresented franchises and losing out to characters like say, Isaac or Starfy could be his down fall
Want: 50% What would he do? I have nothing against this character but if someone were to convince me that he can bring a really interesting moveset I could bump this up a bit
Porky: Better then masked man :p 17.2%
Mr. Game and Watch x3 Wonder Red x1 Omastar x1

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Umm, Chibi-Robo is second party. He is as much as a Nintendo character as Kirby, Pokémon, the Wonderful 100, ect. Trophies of his series were even in Brawl.
Huh. Would've sworn he was 3rd party, but I looked it up and you're right. I will adjust accordingly. Thank you, sir!

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
GATHER ROUND FOR THE TALE OF CHIBI-ROBO

The Chibi-Robo game was a project started over at Bandai. But in a cruel twist of fate they abandoned the project (possibly to work on another clash of ninja)
Just when all seemed lost for our tiny titan, the legend himself, SHIGERU MIYAMOTO, seeing great potential in the game's concept, stepped down from his pedestal and rescued Chibi Robo from Bandai headquarters and whisked him away to a life of luxury at Nintendo dynasty. Just after finishing Pikmin (okay 4 years later), Miyamoto was back on the scene as the head of the revival of Chibi Robo. Weaving a whimsical tale about a bipedal miniature cleaning robot who, during the day attends to the home, helping the family with cooking and scrubbing away messes. But at night, the house comes alive! Well, not the house, but the toys inside the house! Throughout the game the player works to end the troubles of the broken family during the day, and at night take part in the antics of the toys.

Chance:50%
The first game was released in 2005 for the gamecube, and it's the most recent ip conceptualized by Miyamoto (besides wii fit). Although the character was originally a creation of Bandai, Miyamoto completely hauled over the gameplay (which was originally a point and click game) turning it into a free roaming adventure and pretty much defined what the game became. As far as most people are concerned, Chibi Robo is more than just an abandoned step child, but a legitimate creation from Miyamoto, worthy of being up there with the likes of mario and starfox. Although the subsequent game releases were japan only, it still counts towards the series successfully staying relevant to this day.
Chibi Robo might have appeared as more than a collectable in Brawl had work on Brawl not already begun by the time Chibi Robo released. It seems inevitable that any character by Miyamoto will end up in smash bros eventually. (I mean his Wii Fit games even got confirmed for smash bros wiiu!)
If you need a new ip who has risen between brawl and smash 4, please consider Chibo.

Want:100%
I want him.
Like...alot.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
EDIT: Game started development at nintendo a year after Pikmin was released with Miyamoto as the producer, who discovered the game and had great interest in it. The game was worked on for 4 years by nintendo drastically altering the gameplay and was released in 2005 (2006 in america) . Had work on Brawl not been underway perhaps Chibi Robo would've fought alongside Olimar. The man who was really behind the character, story, lore etc. was Kenichi Nishi (most known for work on Chrono Trigger)

Nominations

Duck Hunt Dox x5
because I don't know who to vote for anymore

Yams

Smash Journeyman
Chibi-Robo
Likelihood: 23% He seems like a fun character with cool moveset potential, but I think he gets beat by misc. characters like Starfy, Isaac, Shulk, etc.
Want: 100% KAWAIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Porky: 17%

Duck Hunt Dog x5 (I've led us to over 100 noms, we're almost there!!)

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Chibi-Robo gets a 20% from me.

predict: 7.5%

Ghirahim x5

Groose, if you want to do something special for us, give us all ten nominations again. :D

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Chibi-Robo....

Likelihood: 28%
I used to think that he has been forgotten by Nintendo, and he does have that big of a fanbase to help him. But the franchise has been revived of late, with that Nintendo Direct specifically for his new game.

Want: 60%
I haven't played his games, but he does look like an interesting character.

Porky prediction: 5%
A 3rd Mother rep, quite unfortunately, is one of the closer thing to an impossibility. As the OP of the Porky thread, I'm looking forward to how he performs, especially in want.

Nominations: primid x 5

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Chibi-Robo

Popularity: Not very high. His series hasn't sold amazingly well, and he's not that requested by Smash fans.

Relevancy: Four games, including one just this year, even if it is more of a mini-game than a full game. However, only a couple of the games were released in the US, and perhaps bad for him is the fact that it started out worldwide and then they didn't release the newer titles here.

Design: I'm not really sure about what all his moves are. I guess they could have some kind of battery power mechanic, but I'm not that excited.

Chibi-Robo chances: 5%
There are a lot of new series fighting for reps, and a lot of them are more popular than Chibi-Robo or more up-and-coming. He seems like he would make a good AT and then if he's well-received they might want to make him a playable character in the future.

Chibi-Robo want: 48%
I'm mostly indifferent. He's cute and all, but I won't be bothered at all if he's not in.

Porky prediction: 11.5%
I think he might do around as well as Claus, maybe a little better?

Nominations:
Can I nominate the Great Mighty Poo?

No? Ok

Mike Jones x5

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Chances for Chibi-Robo: 35%
I think he's really underrated, and he'd be a fresh new IP for the roster.

Want: 50%
Indifferent.

Nomz: Mach Rider x5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Chibi-Robo: 25%
A different IP, but are his games popular enough to push him above other new IPs? I don't know enough to do a more indepth analysis today.

Want: 35%
I do want new IPs, and Chibi-Robo certainly falls into that catogary. But compare his series to Golden Sun, Advance Wars or Duck Hunt(my childhood) and he pales in comparison. I wouldn't be against his inclusion, but 50% still seems a bit too high considering I'm not very invested in the series or currently have much desire to try it.

Nomination:
Roy X 5

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks

That aside...

Chibi-Robo

Chance - 20% - A trophy in Brawl shows that Sakurai should know of him, and he seems to be decently notable. Sadly, he is badly out-competed by too many characters, and probably is not going to make it unless Sakurai sees something we don't.

Want - 55% - He's cute, and could be interesting. I do not actively support him, but I would not oppose his inclusion.

Porky Minch Prediction - 12% - He will score the best out of Mother newcomers... that isn't saying much.

Nominations
Roy X3
Lip X2
I wasn't saying that Chibi-Robo wasn't Nintendo owned. I was saying I don't oppose any nintendo owned characters, but a zero does not indicate my opposition to a character. The want percentage for me is a gauge of just want alone, and reflects nothing related to opposition. A zero percent reflects indifference from me.

Forde

Smash Cadet
Chibi-Robo

Chances 10%

Want 10%

Really don't have much to say about Chibi, he's interesting but I personally wouldn't want him in the game.

Porky Prediction: 20% I could see him being the highest scored Mother newcomer easily, it would make sense because of his background.

Nominations
Cloud Strife x5

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Would his move set consist of telling the other characters which moves they were allowed to use, and those other characters doing what he says for some stupid reason, even if it kills them?

Or would that only work on Samus?

Honestly, I was thinking of more of a weapons-based moveset with the Ice Beam Pistol and the Plasma Cannon from Other M, neither of which Samus has access to in Brawl, with some of Samus's unused abilities potentially being "taught/inherited" Ness/Lucas style (stuff like the Speed Booster or the Seeker Missile, which Metroid's most popular choice Ridley could definitely not get away with). Hell, I know it's a longshot, but being one of the more similar Nintendo characters to him (with the military background and all), he could even inherit Snake's moveset with some alterations in the possible event that Snake gets removed. Not very likely at all, but it's something that's crossed my mind with all the talk of Snake's potential exit.

But if Sakurai's feeling cheeky, I feel like a counter move that "locks off" the move it was hit with temporarily could definitely work, and would be very unique. Maybe I'll start up an Adam thread with a full moveset at some point, see what people think when they've got a moveset to imagine for him. Who knows, it might change some people's minds on the character and bump him up a percentage or two by the eternity it'll take me to get him rated, heh.

However Adam's not the topic today, Chibi-Robo is!

Likelihood: 14% - Like I said before, Chibi-Robo, while definitely a character full of potential, falls victim to the fact that he has so much competition for the New Series niche from heavy hitters like Saki, Isaac, and Shulk. While he has a shot, it's a fittingly small one, but he definitely qualifies above and beyond for an Assist Trophy spot, as many others have said.

Want: 30% - A while back I scribbled up a battery-based Chibi-Robo moveset concept in which his Down-B move had him plug his charging cord into the ground. A battery icon with the three power blocks in it would show how much charge he had so people could keep track of it. Performing moves would slowly drain his battery life, causing him to become slower and weaker, but it could be recharged with Down-B, and at full charge Chibi would be a force to be reckoned with, being speedy and strong. If he had a moveset concept similar to that, I'd be all for him, but if it's simply going to be another "doo-dads" moveset ala Villager, which I see being more likely, I'd rather pass him up for other characters.

Nominations:
Adam Malkovich x5

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Chibi-Robo
To be fair he's getting more support than I thought he would.

Chances: 9%
He's an interesting character with Miyamoto's fine touch left upon him, so he'll probably get an assist trophy, but a game that's been relegated to cheaper to make handheld titles after a home console release, and finally a gimmicky photography game, which if we're honest could have been any Ninty character seems unlikely for more. I'm happy the little guy's been getting any love with this title, and it does have some more classic parts to it by the seems of it, but I consider AR tech demos and full titles very differently. That said he'd be a wonderful assist trophy, I just think people are over-estimating his chances because he's first party and cute. He does sell pretty well, but compared to other Nintendo games it's not that fantastic, and while he holds a lot more chance than a Fatal Frame character, or Endless Ocean or summik like that, I still don't see him being more than an AT.

Want: 10%
AT please, I'd be happy if he got a slot, but I'd be worried better suited, more fan requested, characters got the shaft for him.

Porky: 14%
Given how abysmally Masked Man and even Lucas did given his veteran status (and my lock opinion of him), I sense the majority will be very negative of the Minch, but given how quickly he flew up the nominations he's clearly got fans who are going to vote him well.

Slime*5
(Seventh from the plop; wasn't I seventh like a week a-goo? How did Owain/Sandbag/Geno ever get voted on?!)

*Relative lack of puns due to dumbfoundedness*

Ephecus

Smash Apprentice
Chibi-Robo

Chance: 20 %
Original IP. Many possibilities for an unique moveset. Lackluster sales.

Want: 50 %
A fine example of a character I'm being indifferent to. Is he in SSB4? Fine by me. Is he not in SSB4? Fine by me.

Porky Prediction: 14 %
Around the same rating as Masked Man I guess. Maybe a little better.

Nominations:
5x Mr. Game and Watch

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Chibi-Robo:

Likelihood: 10% - As of right now there are many more important characters to choose from. I can see him being an AT this time around, but if he keeps a steady pace with his games he might have a chance in the next SSB.

Want: 25% - I think he has a cute design and all, but I don't know enough about his moveset potential to be excited about him.

Porky Prediction: 11% - It's hard to be a Mother rep.

Nominations:
5x Snake

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Chibi Robo chance - 45%

Chibi robo is a funny one really. I find it hard to know for certain how sakurai will deal with him. Maybe his games haven't sold extremely well but having 4 games to his name must mean nintendo think something of him. You don't keep making games for a character you don't appreciate. I could see him as an assist trophy though. Also in a way Chibi Robo would count as a namco rep...something to consider, however unlikely.

Want - 90%

Haven't played any of the games but I really want to. Something about the games seem really fun and Chibi would make an interesting addition to smash bros.

Porky - 8%

My prediction for what others will think. Personally I really don't think we'll get a third earthbound character and if by some off chance we do it would be at the expense of Lucas.

Noms
Isaac x2
Shulk x3

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
Chibi Robo
Chance 15%: there are far to many other misc. reps that get priority over him
Want 20%: he should be an assist trophy that behaves like munchlax
Porky: 11%

Nominations
Bomberman x5

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Chibi-Robo time! Figures a small character gets nominated on such a BIG day. :awesome:

...Too soon? Anyway,

Likelihood: 17%
I think the new game helps, but he really lacks a lot of demand.

Want: 75%
He's adorable! :D

Predicting a 19% for Porky.

Nominating Falco x5

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Chibi Robo
Chance: 10%
Hes an original IP, and could be a good addition, but there are other series reps that have priority.
Want: 25%
Sure, but id rather have a slew of other characters.

Porky: 12.3%
Following the tradition of adding character in the order of main, sidekick, villain, love interest. If Motger gets another rep, which is unlikely, I think he has a good chance.

Noms:
Rayman x3
Skull kid x2

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
Chibi-Robo
Chances: 25%
Want: 0%
The poor character would most likely become a Pikachu clone - based off what I see. However, Chibi-Robo is a Nintendo character.

Porky
Prediction: 5%
We have Ness and Lucas, I'm fine with those two. However, I can see Porky returning as a boss.

Nominations:
Skull Kid X5

Xigger

Smash Lord
Chances: 0.2%
Want: 5%
Yeah.... 0.1% is reserved for third parties. I'd like him to be considered more in the eyes of Nintendo but even then it has to be realistic...

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Don't tell me what to do. :laugh:

Honestly, I didn't bother to look up the little guy because - well I don't see him "happening".
This is the ignorance I was talking about yesterday^ Chibi uses toothbrushes, spoons, lasers, water squirters, his plug, a Chibi-Copter, Yes or No signs, etc. TOTALLY A PIKACHU CLONE

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
This is the ignorance I was talking about yesterday^ Chibi uses toothbrushes, spoons, lasers, water squirters, his plug, a Chibi-Copter, Yes or No signs, etc. TOTALLY A PIKACHU CLONE
I don't care about Chibi-Robo, and why are you calling me ignorant when you don't even know me?
Sure, continue...

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I don't care about Chibi-Robo, and why are you calling me ignorant when you don't even know me?
Sure, continue...
I'm calling your assumptions ignorant, not you :p but calling Chibi-Robo a Pikachu clone is unforgivable. More weapons/tools: party popper, mug, vacuum, flower picker, radar, a Donkey Kong esque grab where he carries opponents, various small pieces of garbage, a boom box, his partner Telly, and using the Giga-Robo!

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Chibi Robo chances: 20%. I'm pretty ignorant on his franchise, so forgive me if this si stupid.
Want: 50%. It's hard to want a character you've never heard of beyond name

Porky prediction: 20%. Lots of people who don't think the MOTHER franchise deserves two reps, let alone three.

Skull Kid X 5

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
The ignorance around here regarding the character (especially the "Chibi Robo will be Pichu MKII" thing) made me not want to rate him anymore. Thanks for killing my mood, people.

However, I think I'll predict Porky instead. And nominate someone.

Porky
Prediction: 27% - It really sucks for him to be the most likely candidate to take the most unlikely spot.

Nominations
Lip x5

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Chibi-Robo:

Chances: 4-15%
While the Chibi-Robo franchise is small (pun not intended), he seems to have a reasonable following. From what I've seen of his games (I haven't actually played any of them, just seen them played) he has a lot of potential for a unique and interesting character.

Want: 1-10%
I haven't played his games, but I see their appeal. He has potential for a very fun and original moveset. I would not dislike it at all if he was playable, I would just rather the much more awesome Ray as the game's robot (Of course, there's no reason the game would be limited to one new robot).

Primid

Smash Apprentice
CHIBI ROBO

Likelihood: 32% Chibi Robo would represent a new series, but he's not quite as popular/wanted as the other new series reps.

Want: 65% I've never played his games but I've always thought they looked intriguing and fun. I'd welcome his inclusion in the new game. He atleast deserves some kind of representation whether it be playable character, stage, music, or assist trophy. :grin:

Porky prediction: 21%
Nominations: Duck Hunt Dog x5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom