• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
There's a pretty quick and easy way to review. Just go to the OP and click on "Veterans/Newcomers"
The sad thing is... I did do that...

... I'm never going to live this down, am I? Argh, the more I think about it, the stupider I feel. :facepalm:

Anyway, back to our robot-mecha-prehistoric-insect thing.

Genesect

Chance - 0.5% - I think that Genesect will mostly be overshadowed by Mewtwo. When this happens in your own movie, you're screwed. Add that a new generation is coming up, and he's nothing very special.

Want - 40% - Could be interesting, but there are more disserving folks than him.

Chibi-Robo Prediction - 40% - A lot of doubters who don't see what this guy could do.

Nominations
Roy X2
Anna X2
Lip X1

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
Want: 10% He's a cool Pokemon, but he's not important enough to be in Smash.
Chance: 0%. His relevance is over with with Gen 6 and Digi Mega Evolutions coming out.
Nom: Mac x5

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
10% Better then Zoroark but that's not saying much
Want: 60% Genesect would be cool, not my favorite but then again hardly any pokemon that has a remote chance is...
Chibi-Robo 16% his best scores would likely be a 40 or something but I have noticed that recently I overestimate. Frankly chibi-robo should be an assist trophy or something but chibi robo as a character and a franchise is TOO ****ING SMALL :troll:
Mr. Game and Watch x3 Wonder Red x1 Omastar x1

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Genesect: 3%
He really wasn't important in any of the games, being an event-only Pokemon like Mew, Deoxys, etc. And with Gen 6 coming up, his chances grow weaker with each passing day...

Want: 30%
See that huge cannon? That stylish purple (or red) paintjob? The sleek, robotic exterior (see below)? Definitely the best rep from the Gen 5 games, though I'd like to see MEGA Lucario or Mewtwo more.

Chibi-Robo prediction: 42%

Nomination:
Kunio-Kun/Alex x2

Lucina x3

Where is this music from?
All of the songs are from Neon genesis Evangelion except for the last one, which is from Mobile Suit Gundam. As to why I suggested those songs, well...
EVA-01 and EVA-02

MS-06S Zaku Char Aznable custom (normal Zaku is not red)

Chances: 5-29%
I stopped following Pokemon after Diamond/Pearl. Yet, I've heard of his Gen 6 Pokemon. As an avid hater of newer Pokemon, I can say that his design is okay. Considering I didn't just immediately hate the thing - that means some people out there must actually really like it.
I feel Gen 6 is a bit too new for a rep in SSB4 - certainly too new for us to be considering it a possibility. If SSB4 releases early 2014, I feel his chances are slim. If it releases late 2014, his chances may be higher as people would have more time to get to the character. This why I gave him such a large percentage range.
Genesect is from Gen 5.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Genesect Chance and Want: 10% Self-Explanatory

Chibi-Robo Prediction: 45% highly underrated and a child of Miyamoto that was adopted from NAMCO BANDAI. and seriously, before posting random percentages, would it kill you to google the character? and sales dont make a characters chances too. (BTW FIRST PARTY TOO! some people are just ignorant -_-)

Plus, Groose here's some music for Chibi-Robo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx-0pIVXEEo Drake Redcrest Theme from Chibi-Robo

x5 Duck Hunt Dog

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Extremespeed Genesect!

Likelihood: 10%
His chances died with the coming of Gen VI and Mega-Lucario.

Want: 50%
He's cool, but I'm really indifferent to him. I'd much rather have Lucario or Zoroark.

Chibi Robo prediction: 22%
Poor guy's chances are quite underrated.

Nominations: Lucario x 5

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Genesect - 0%
I don't like giving 0s here, but I feel like Genesect here is plenty deserving. Why the certainty? It lacks any really compelling reason to be included, frankly. Let's go down the list. Legendary Pokemon? There's a million of those, and only one has become playable. In a movie? Also a million of those, and it shares the spotlight with Mewtwo, showing just how important the Smash veteran still is to the Pokemon Company. Gen V needs a rep? Perhaps, but Zoroark is easily the more popular/famous Pokemon from that generation, and considering Gen II and Gen III still don't have reps, who's to say Gen V will get one either? It's a robot bug? I suppose that's interesting, but it's not like that makes it instant Smash material compared to the tons of other potential Pokemon candidates. There's a solid chance it appears as a rare summon from SSB4's Pokeball to Techno Blast unlucky players, but to actually be playable? Not a chance.
Want - 0% - Too many other more interesting or iconic Pokemon for me to care.

Chibi-Robo Prediction - 10%
As a playable character? Surely there isn't a significant fanbase believing that will happen, right? This is what assist trophies are made for!

Nominations
Black Shadow x5

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Genescet
Likelihood: 8% - Even though I'm one of his supporters, I'll admit that he's pretty farfetch'd. Sure, he's on the movie, but so was Mewtwo. While he is technically the link between Gen V and Gen VI, Mewtwo and Lucario basically stole his chances.
Want: 84% - He's a freaking ancient cyborg roach with a cannon on his back that can have a wide moveset potential. And, really, other than Meowth, I really don't care for any other Pokémon getting it.

Chibi Robo
Prediction: 24% - Like Xenigma, I see him more as an Assist Trophy than anything.

Nominations
Meowth x3
Lip x2

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
wait, how did porky get so much nominations? He might even be up on tuesday! honestly was planning on nominating him next :/ oh well. I guess Kamek needs my nominations more then anything, now! :laugh:

I guess I'll vote for Daroch next, wanna see his want.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Likely hood 30%
He fits the blog about how sakurai chooses pokemon genesect is in a movie and is pretty popular 5th gen pokemon and reminder mewtwo and genesect can both get in I would have said 80% but he looses 50% because lucario is back on top with being one of the new mega evolution pokemon with mewtwo and lucario and mewtwo are rivals according to the picture in the magazine oh and genesect is the first bug type legend is another part of the 30%

Want 100%
I would love to play as a pokemon who's a robot and alien and one of a couple of mewtwos rivals

Nominations
Lucario x3
Mewtwo x2

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
wait, how did porky get so much nominations? He might even be up on tuesday! honestly was planning on nominating him next :/ oh well. I guess Kamek needs my nominations more then anything, now! :laugh:

I guess I'll vote for Daroch next, wanna see his want.
Haha, isn't it wonderful? When I arrived he was in the nether regions of votes in the tens or so. It's been a lot of work, and at one point other people started throwing nominations at him too.

I'm just clueless who I'd nominate next. Perhaps Ashley.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Genesect
Likelihood: 12.5%
Would have been a good choice a year ago...
Want: 15%

Chibi-Robo
Prediction: 12%

Nominations:
Dixie Kong x5

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Haha, isn't it wonderful? When I arrived he was in the nether regions of votes in the tens or so. It's been a lot of work, and at one point other people started throwing nominations at him too.

I'm just clueless who I'd nominate next. Perhaps Ashley.
haha, well, I can say I was the first who nominated him, lol. I did a one-off vote, then he suddenly burst up the charts.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Genesect:
The way I break down Pokemon reps is I try to think who is possible. Not likely, but possible. And I do think there is a chance we will get a generation V rep as opposed to a generation 6 rep. I have yet to any particular generation 6 rep emerge as particularly likely (not including Mega-versions of previous Pokemon), so I can't really discuss a specific gen 6 rep. I don't see Pokemon necessarily sticking to 4 characters, and I don't see Lucario as definite returner (not by a log shot). With that in mind, I do think there is a chance we will get a fifth rep that isn't Lucario, and Genesect would be a good choice for a variety reasons. As I've said various times, you don't need to be the most popular in a series. You need to just have a certain level of popularity. Genesect has the popularity with a Pokemon fanbase.

It is also currently in the public eye due to it's upcoming movie. It shares the screen with Mewtwo, but the two aren't necessarily competing against each other for a possible 5th slot. Does Genesect have important within the context of B&W? Yes, as a legendary, it does have important in those games. Its reveal was just last year, so within the context of Smash 4 development time frame, it is relatively recent. It would have been around during the preliminary discussions of the roster. I also think Smash often represents the previous era of Nintendo. Lucario represented not generation IV, but that Nintendo era of Pokemon. I believe at least one new rep in Pokemon will do the same.

For Pokemon reps the question is: do we think the Pokemon company could recommend it? Of course, he just had a movie. So considering when Sakurai asked the Pokemon Company, there is a great chance he would have been the pokemon they were working on or would have been fresh in the mind. There is no reason to dismiss reps from Generation 5 without viable Generation 6 reps. Out of Gen 5 reps, the only conceivable reps I could see would be Zoroark and Genesect. I have no reason to believe that the Pokemon Company would recommend previous generational (1 through 4) reps based on the questions that Sakurai asks (according to the interview) without some serious reasoning (such as Mewtwo). With that in mind, I'm not that confident he will be in the game, but I believe we should be open to the possibility, so:
Liklihood: 35%
If this was my hit for an FE attack, I would definitely not take it. However, if my enemy had this hit percentage, I would definitely prepare my troops if I could.

Want: 90%. I'm a big advocate for Pokemon not just having generation 1 reps. I think having just generation 1 reps would be a disappointing way to represent pokemon. What makes something iconic is more than just the first in a franchise. For Pokemon fans, each iteration had their own iconic elements. For those of that started with Red and Blue, it's easy to dismiss everything else that came after because the new ground that the first games broke. But I think each generation of pokemon has brought something to the table.

As for Genesect itself: Black and White was the best Pokemon game in terms of overall package (story, gameplay, fun) since the original Gold and Silver. So I'm really rooting for a rep from that generation. Genesect would have some very interesting gameplay possibilities. It would have a different fighting style than all the reps that came before it, and it has a really unique design. Genesect is also a villain (in the new movie), which would let pokemon better fit the archetype structure: Hero (Pikachu), Sidekick (pokemon trainer), opposite gender hero (Jigglypuff), and Villain (Genesect). I would be very happy if he was in the game. Probably second or third for my pokemon rep (Oshawott somehow being included, N (if they could get him right) com before Genesect).

Chibi-Robo prediction: 16.56%
Nominations:
Lip x 5

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Genesect-

Likelihood: 15% His chance and fanbase decreased with Pokemon X and Y introducing the mega forms of Mewtwo and Lucario. (who's to say he won't get a mega form of his own though?)

Want: 20% Eh, he's cool, but I'd much rather have Mewtwo or Plusle and Minun.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Genesect: 8%

Like Robin, his chances are ruined by too much competition. I feel that Genesect could have had a shot but...

The veterans all have too many advantages over him. Not to mention newcomers like Zoroark.

Want: 85%

I love pokemon. Genesect (assuming we got all veterans too) would be amazing! He can have a really unique playstyle and just oozes coolness. I'd like him a lot!

Chibi-Robo Prediction: 9%

I don't think he'll do very well, but he just got a new game recently. Maybe.

Nomination:
Snake x3
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco

Forde

Smash Cadet
Genesect

Chance: 10%
While cool, has many better contenders for a pokemon rep spot.

Want: 10%

Chibi-Robo Prediction: 25%

Nominations
Cloud Strife x5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Genesect:
Chances: 3%
There's 649 Pokemon released at this time. Genesect has had very little impact on the series, and is upstaged in his own film by someone everyone wants to return. By the time Smash comes out he's going to one Pokemon in 800 roughly. Of the 649 Pokemon currently available, 50(if you count Phione) are legendary. Legendary status means nothing at this point. Genesect may have a backstory but being an event only Pokemon that not everyone will have gotten/seen/care about can only hurt it's chances.

Want: 0%
Could not give less of a damn about any of these legendaries bar Mewtwo. The status has lost all credit, and there are Pokemon who have larger impacts on the series as a whole; Meowth, Eevee, Any starter, etc.

Chibi-Robo: 8%

Nominations:
Roy X 5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Genesect is one of the coolest Pokemon from Gen V. Unfortunately, he is fairly unlikely. 5%

predict Chibi-Robo 15%

GHIRAHIM X5 Come on, already! He's clearly the most likely character we haven't yet rated (competing only with Lip and possibly Wonder Red, who needs more than 13 votes himself with his game coming very soon).

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Likelihood: 15% - As mentioned by everyone else, Genesect's a little too flavor of the month to have any significant chance at playability. He has a tiny chance if Sakurai wants to add TWO more Pokemon reps, but I still feel like we'll just be getting Brawl's pogeys + Mewtwo.

Want: 5% - Really despise this guy's design and "story", so I'd actually be disappointed to see him in the roster. Thankfully, it's very unlikely that it will happen.

Prediction for Chibi-Robo: 20% - Jesus some people are waaaaay highballing this one. 40% and up like many seem to be predicting is giving way too much credit to a two game "series" that hasn't had a game since 2007, and who has to deal with much more important and deserving powerhouses in the "new series" category like Isaac, Saki, Starfy, Shulk and Ray.

Nominations
Now with Goroh's (pretty disappointing) day out of the way I can start my one man trek to the top with 5x Adam Malkovich. Not actually expecting him to do super well, but I feel like he's worth discussing. Definitely a better and more important choice for Metroid than the Hunters and other one-offs people suggest.

Yams

Smash Journeyman
Genesect
Likelihood: 20% I don't see him getting in over Zoroark or Victini as a 5th gen rep, or important characters like Meowth or Mewtwo.
Want: 10% He seems like he'd be awkward to play as, and I'd MUCH rather have any of the above.

Chibi Robo: 23% decent misc choice, but gets beat out by some others.

Duck Hunt Dog x5

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Genesect

Popularity: Well, he's one of the pimped Pokemon, and the Pokefans tend to like whoever Gamefreak decides is their new favorite :troll:

Relevancy: He is legendary, he's appeared in the anime, he's got a movie about him coming out.

Design: Looks like it could be interesting.

Roster and Competition: As I said before, I see there probably being only one new Pokemon slot. Sakurai doesn't want to add tons of new characters and he wants to equalize the representation between franchises somewhat. Pokemon getting two new slots doesn't fit that. He also suggested that Lucario, Jigglypuff and Pokemon Trainer are not cut yet. To me that means that probably Genesect is competing against Mewtwo and Zoroark and others, and there's not really many scenarios where Genesect and Mewtwo or Genesect and another newcomer get in.

I see Mewtwo as a lot more likely because of Sakurai's statements, the fact that Mewtwo is part of promotion for the upcoming games, and he has a major role in Genesect's new movie as well (ouch!). Mewtwo, unlike newer Pokemon, would've been under consideration from the beginning as a Melee veteran, so the time frame I don't see as hurting him. Lucario has some stuff going for him as well, and Genesect over Jigglypuff or Pokemon Trainer is... possible, but I don't see it as likely.

Genesect chances: 5%
He has some chance, probably more than some other Pokemon. But I'd be surprised if he were the 6th Pokemon slot, or he got in over one of the veterans.

Genesect want: 35%
He seems like he could be cool, and I don't have any particular attachment to Lucario. I'd rather see the other veterans though.

Chibi-Robo prediction: 9%
I think most people will think Chibi-Robo has chibi-chances.

Nominations:
Mike Jones x5

Now with Goroh's (pretty disappointing) day out of the way I can start my one man trek to the top with 5x Adam Malkovich.
Would his move set consist of telling the other characters which moves they were allowed to use, and those other characters doing what he says for some stupid reason, even if it kills them?

Or would that only work on Samus?

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Genesect:

Chance: 2%
I'm not giving him 0, because he does have that movie, and the pokémon company has a lot of input about pokémon characters so if they want to give him the popularity push they can. That said, with Gen 6 coming, that'd be a bit foolish so I really don't foresee it.

Want: 3%
Back Lasers would be cool, and flying car mode is funny looking, though how they'd make techno blast elemental I don't know. Plus Water type, which is a certain bonus, but not enough to make me really want him. If he was there I'd check him out, to see the animations, and then proceed to use other characters.

Chibi-Robo: 9%
He should have been an assist trophy already! I don't see him being any more than that sadly, and I think a lot of people feel similarly.

Slime*5
(Where did Skull Kid come from? My time in the slime-light is drawing further away!)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Genesect:

Likelihood: 5% - Even if he's being used a ton for merchandising at the moment, getting his own movie and TCG set, those things will have passed away a long time ago when SSB4 releases, not to mention a whole new generation. To add salt to the wound a Pokémon newcomer in general is very doubtful considering there's no reason to cut anyone from the Brawl roster, and Mewtwo is a given returnee.

Want: 95% - Hell yeah, I think it's an awesome Pokémon, and he'd have some pretty unique mechanics bein able to change what type of beam he uses. One of the few I give over 90% in want.

Chibi-Robo Prediction: 6% - As many have said, perfect for an assist trophy, a terrible character choice though.

Nominations:
5x Snake

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Likelihood: 15% - As mentioned by everyone else, Genesect's a little too flavor of the month to have any significant chance at playability. He has a tiny chance if Sakurai wants to add TWO more Pokemon reps, but I still feel like we'll just be getting Brawl's pogeys + Mewtwo.

Want: 5% - Really despise this guy's design and "story", so I'd actually be disappointed to see him in the roster. Thankfully, it's very unlikely that it will happen.

Prediction for Chibi-Robo: 20% - Jesus some people are waaaaay highballing this one. 40% and up like many seem to be predicting is giving way too much credit to a two game "series" that hasn't had a game since 2007, and who has to deal with much more important and deserving powerhouses in the "new series" category like Isaac, Saki, Starfy, Shulk and Ray.

Nominations
Now with Goroh's (pretty disappointing) day out of the way I can start my one man trek to the top with 5x Adam Malkovich. Not actually expecting him to do super well, but I feel like he's worth discussing. Definitely a better and more important choice for Metroid than the Hunters and other one-offs people suggest.
Chibi-Robo just had a game released in Japan...

After seeing all these ignorant posts about Chibi-Robo I think I'll leave this game for good now, it's just way too facepalm-worthy

Primid

Smash Apprentice
GENESECT

Likelihood: 8% He's becoming old news now and Mewtwo has come back to steal the spotlight again. I have a feeling Mewtwo will return, so there won't be much room for any other Pokemon.
Want: 10% He has a pretty cool design and definitely looks more interesting than Zoroark. I'd much rather have Mewtwo though.

Chibi-Robo Prediction: 20%
Nominations: Porky x5

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Genesect:
Chance: 3%
Hes an interesting pokemon, but I dont think hes important enough for inclusion.
Want: 20%
Id be okay with him, but id rather have him as a pokeball

Chibi-Robo: 10.6%

Noms:
Rayman x3
Skull kid x2

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Chibi-Robo just had a game released in Japan...

After seeing all these ignorant posts about Chibi-Robo I think I'll leave this game for good now, it's just way too facepalm-worthy

2009 is just released? Or do you mean the gimmicky photography thing? 'Cos I'm not sure I'd count that as a proper new game.

He certainly has a place in Nintendo recent history, but I think the majority just see him as an assist trophy rather than are completely ignorant of him. You're just expecting way too much at 45%. You're on a mostly american board, so there'll be some ignorant people; that's how things work!

Also, while I'm not normally one to criticise grammar, in a post about ignorance I think it's worth pointing out: That is quite possibly the best/worst example of comma splicing I've ever seen.

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
Genesect
Want: 0%
Chances: 0%
Again, once the 6th generation of Pokemon is released, Genesect will be replaced with another Pokemon - most likely from the 6th gen, if not Blaziken.

Chibi Robo
Prediction: 40%

Nomination:
Skull Kid X5

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Genesect

Chances: 15% Better then Zoroark since he's popular and remains so but it ended up having the terrible luck of debuting alongside Mewtwo and before the 6th generation, both taking away interest from it. It has a small chance but it's not looking good for it to break through and establish itself to get a slot.

Want: 60% I think it'd be a cool Pokémon to have but not before Mewtwo and Lucario.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Genesect chances: 5%. Hardly a chance - the Pokémon has plenty reps, and the only one with any significant chance of being cut is Lucario, and possibly Pokémon Trainer - Mewtwo is practically a shoo-in, and Zoroark has as much of a chance as Genesect, since Zoroark would represent Gen 5 while we already have Mewtwo for Gen 6.

Want: 60%. He could be pretty cool I guess

Chibi Robo prediction: 40%.

Skull Kid X5

Edum Bot

Smash Rookie
Genesect

Chance :5%
It was in the movie and all but I don't see how it can become a fighter with THAT competition. There are more Pokemon, who could make it, especially since Gen6 will be released before this game.
Want :0%
All Pokemon I want in SSB4 are Pikachu, Jiggs, Lucario and Mewtwo. Lucario's and Mewtwo's mega forms would cover Gen6 with that as their new final smashes or down-b à la Zelda/Sheik.

Chibi-Robo

Chance :2%
I don't see this happening at all but with the debut of the Wii-Fit Trainer...
Want :0%
Just no. A tiny piece of scrap metal is really not what we need.

Nomination : 3x Mewtwo ; 2x Lucario

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom