• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

farvin111

Smash Journeyman
Chibi-Robo
Chance: 52%
He is totally unique and from an unrepped series. He just has that Super Smash Bros. vibe.

Want: 80%

Porky: 7.65%

x5 Chrom & Lucina

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
Chibi-Robo

Likelihood: 33% - He's from an unrepresentted franchise, and has as somewhat big support.

Want: 80% - He's a really nice and different character

Porky: 14%

Nominations
Primid x3
Blaziken x2

AfricanSanta

Smash Cadet
Chibi-Robo
Chance-24%- He has decent support, but I feel like there's more characters on the priority list above him.
Want- 30%- Meh

Porky Prediction: 11%

Nominations:
Dark Samus x3
Mallo x2

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Chibi-Robo
Likelihood: 12.5%
Want: 30%

Porky
Prediction: 7%

Nominations:
Dixie Kong x5

Groose

Smash Champion
I'm working on updating things now. I'm sorry I'm behind schedule; I was busy with IRL stuff and when I finally got to log on... I just had to check on the Ridley thread. :p

EDIT: NO one is here because they're busy with the Ridley thread.... XD

Chibi Robo: 15%
There are plenty of new series that could be represented. Wii Sports, Golden Sun, Sin and Punishment, Rhythm Heaven, Xenoblade, Rolling Western, Starfy, Tingle, and Custom Robo jump to mind. I'd argue that there's no way every new series can be represented; Chibi Robo just isn't one I expect. Why? It's not hugely popular, and no one in it has obvious potential and support. I could see Chibi Robo getting in, but I don't think it's very likely at all.

Chibi Robo Want: 20%
Not a huge fan of the series and there are many, many other characters I'd rather see. I wouldn't have any objections to him making an appearance, however.

Porky Prediction: 13.45%
I'll be surprised if he doesn't beat the Masked Man by a considerable amount.

Professor Layton x5
Groose, if you want to do something special for us, give us all ten nominations again. :D
Nah... I do have one ambitious idea that will set my "30 Day Review Pictures" to shame... but I'm not sure if I have the time/resources to pull it off.

The ignorance some people show hurts...now I know how the Isaac supporters feel...
Now you know how I felt during Tingle's day. Now THAT was depressing.
Just a little announcement but SSBF has returned to the forms look in the Ridley thread
He's only back until the 26th August when College starts up again he said, so it's best if Groose continues to lead the thread.
As soon as I saw he came back, I offered the thread back to him. He's currently too busy to accept, so you're stuck with my tyrannical regime for a while.

On the bright side, his real life troubles seem to have resided.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Glad SSBF is well, never interacted with him but lurked through enough of his updates to appreciate his work and opinions.

That said, having started here with this under the care of Groose, I'd be sad to see him leave his tyrannical post.

D

Deleted member

Glad SSBF is well, never interacted with him but lurked through enough of his updates to appreciate his work and opinions.

That said, having started here with this under the care of Groose, I'd be sad to see him leave his tyrannical post.
I agree with this post. I am glad that SSBF is doing well and I am glad to be under Groose's "tyranny" for this game.

Groose

Smash Champion
Chibi Robo (Chibi Robo)
19.71% chance
44.47% want
Chibi Robo is a character who no one really expects... but few can rule out the possibility entirely. You also can't rule out the possibility of him being a fun character; still, there are limited roster spots and many of you would prefer other characters in his stead.

Today we will be rating someone who should be very familiar to Smash fans. No, he's not a veteran, but he did have a major role in the Subspace Emissary. He is Porky! Will he be able to beat out the Masked Man's score? Please leave your chance and want on Porky today!

Finally, predict how Skull Kid will perform in tomorrow's competition. Doing so can earn you extra nominations. Wildvine47 and Primid both win five extra nominations today. Oh boy, a Majora's Mask character. I can't wait for this music section *cough* Time's End *cough* Theophany *cough*.

Oh, and Waddle Dee has been added to the nominations list once more. Will anyone bring him back into the spotlight?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Porky: 25% I see him as the MOST likely mother rep. so, I give him some credit. unfortunately a new mother rep is very unlikely.
Want: 80% I like/hate him. I love to hate him. he's such a good villian.

Skull Kid: (wait, already?) 34.7%

Nominations
Kamek x5

Groose

Smash Champion
Porky: 25% I see him as the MOST likely mother rep. so, I give him some credit. unfortunately a new mother rep is very unlikely.
Want: 80% I like/hate him. I love to hate him. he's such a good villian.

Skull Kid: (wait, already?) 34.7%

Nominations
Kamek x5

Porky is one of those characters who just draws you in. I've yet to play the series, but from my outsiders point of view, he definitely seems like one of the cooler characters.

And yeah, Skull Kid beat Ghirahim to the punch. We're a pretty anti-Ghirahim board here, for some reason or other.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Alright, bias time!!
(Also, I'm so happy he's not as hated/underestimated as I first imagined he'd be ^_^)

Porky
Chances 24%
A bit on the high side for me, but to justify myself I'll just quote what I wrote on my top ten list from a couple weeks ago:

"Porky is the only other Earthbound character to receive lots of attention in Brawl without being playable. The rest, at most, were stickers or Mr. Saturn. Along with that, there’s the fact that Porky is present in both Earthbound and Mother 3, which is great in including the fanbase that has played both games, as well as the recent fanbase that just got to play the first one. Add to all of this that Porky’s Theme was huge in Brawl, that Itoi loves what Porky represents to the series, how it’s such a complex villian and character, and how much Sakurai likes Mother and it’s a given to me. ADD TO THAT the fact that Porky’s moveset would mean an Earthbound character WITHOUT PK, and possibly one who would honor other items and quirks from the series. Porky connects the extreme creepyness of Giygas with the random hilarity of playing dead or smiling unsincerely, with the distopic depression of a theme park metropolis. This character very strongly represents the Mother series, and his moveset, whether in the Spider Mech or outside of it, could honor that by giving us moves of extreme evil and power, as well as moves a child would use when confronted with danger.
Seriously, it’s not like Mother has an issue of not having enough cool characters for smash. In fact, there’s too many. But if anyone gets in along with Ness and Lucas, if anyone from that game deserves to be in a fight with those two in Onett to Pollyana playing in the background, it’s Porky."

Really, let's face it, the only argument against him is the fact that it's very unlikely Mother will get another rep. However, that considered, I think it's not too far out given Earthbound's recent attention in terms of both VC title and a Miiverse community news page entirely devoted to the series. Sadly, it's still unlikely though.

Want 100%
I love Porky in Mother. He's such a sad, and yet amusing character, with truly evil moments and absurdity about him. Such an antithesis to the main character as he has no friends and doesn't know how to behave properly and that propels him to such absolute tyranny. I love how well this character is made and how he is one of the things that makes Mother so special. I really hope I get to play him.

Prediction
Skull Kid 8.64% Nintendo seems to not want to forget Majora's Mask (why was the soundtrack one of the Club Nintendo rewards?) and I feel like people who want him will use that as evidence to support him. But overall people will consider him unlikely due to the higher chance other Zelda reps will get in instead.

Nominations
x5 Ashley

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Porky means Business!

Likelihood: 8%
A 3rd Mother rep is very unlikely, but if it happens, it will be Porky. He got a good amount of representation in Brawl, having a boss fight, his theme and an (infamous) stage to his name, which is more than what some playable characters got, infact.

Want: 100%
Having played EarthBound recently, my opinion on Porky jumped from neutral to really wanted. Also, I'm the OP of the Porky thread, just putting it out there.

I guess I got too excited that I forgot the prediction and nominations. (>_>)

Skull Kid prediction: 10%
He has a surprisingly enduring popularity.

Nominations: Primid x 5

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Porky:
Don't know much about the character. But for Mother 3 fans, my guess is that Masked Man is the sentimental favorite due to his connection to characters in the game. But Porky appeared in both Mother 2 and Mother 3. His mech design leads me to believe he works better as a boss. I don't think we will get another Mother Rep, especially if it's hard to design. Masked Man can use Lucas as a base, but Porky would be starting from scratch. He works better as a boss or stage hazard. Therefore:

Likelihood: 5%
I would never take this attack in an FE game. It would be the same as throwing away an attack.

Want: 5%
I like that he comes from both Mother 2 and 3, but I have almost no desire to see him as a playable character.

Skull Kid Prediction: 11.34% Higher than Vaati.

skull kid themes:
skull kid battle (MM)*
Majora's Mask Title Theme (MM)
Majora's Theme (MM)*
Lost Woods (OoT)*
Sacred Grove (TP)
Oath to Order Orchestrated (MM)
Final Hours (Orchestrated) (MM)*
End Credits (MM)*

Nominations:
Akari Hayami x 1
(Akari Hayami is from the 1080 Snowboarding series and Wave Race series)
Lip x 4

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Porky

Chance: 11%
He's the obvious next Earthbound/Mother rep.'
Only problem is, we aint getting another rep.

Want: 10%
Eh.

Skull Kid: 4%
Too much damn competition.

Noms:
Ephraim x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Porky's chances: 7% - If we get a third Mother Rep, it'll probably be Porky. However, a new Mother rep is still very unlikely.
Want: 50% - Indifferent.

Skull Kid prediction: 10%

Falco x5

Groose

Smash Champion

I'm sensing a music section that will rival Sonic's. I'll add these when I start the day tomorrow; thanks for leaving them here.

And as a side note, if you like orchestrated Majora's Mask themes, have you heard of Theophany's Time's End? If not, check it out.

Yams

Smash Journeyman
Porky:
Likelihood: 17% I think he's the best choice for another Mother character, but I'm not even 100% sure we'll see Lucas back, let alone a new character (I hope Lucas stays)
Want: 50% I haven't played Mother yet, but it seems cool and he seems like a fun character.

Skull Kid: 4% Like Ghirahim but less likely

Duck Hunt Dog x5

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Porky
Likelihood: 13% - Sadly, a new Mother rep is very unlikely, and if there was one, it would most likely be Porky. He's appears in both Earthbound and Mother 3, so he could easily fit into SSB4. But who knows, with the success of Earthbound on the VC and the Onett Times community hinting Mother 3's global re-release, he might not be too far out of the realm of possibility.
Want: 100% - Hands down one the best video game villains ever. Porky is such a complex character who is both evil and humorous at the same time. In the end, it's hard not to feel sorry for him despite all the havoc he causes both Ness and Lucas. He would undoubtedly add something new to Smash, due to him appearing most frequently in his spider mech. I really wish Mother could warrant a third rep, because Porky would just be an amazing addition to the franchise. Plus I'd really like to see Porky with voice acting...it would just be epic! "SPANKETY SPANKETY SPANKETY!"

[edit]
[Porky music: Pokey Means Business (Enter Giygas)[Orchestral Version], Oh Buta-Mask, Theme of the Pig King]

Skull Kid: 7%

Nominations:
Snake x5

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I'm sensing a music section that will rival Sonic's. I'll add these when I start the day tomorrow; thanks for leaving them here.

And as a side note, if you like orchestrated Majora's Mask themes, have you heard of Theophany's Time's End? If not, check it out.
I find the giant's voices weird so I prefer the orchestrated version of the oath to order. Final Hours is orchestrated because that version sounds so scary.

I checked it out when you first wrote about it. It's very good. I just only list in-game music for my choices.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Porky
Chance: 15% He will be the third Mother rep, there's very little doubt about that. It's just a question of whether Mother gets three reps now or in Smash 5,6,7 etc. Or ever. :/ Mother deserves way more popularity than it has.
Want: 100% Man, is Porky awesome! I'm new to the franchise, having beaten Earthbound just about a month ago and having just started on Mother 3. But he's so entertaining as a villain. He's just such an a-hole. He's got no sense of honor and he'd be the first to run away from a fight. Like Waluigi, but less "I'm doing this because I'm a jerk" and more "I'm doing this because I'm a tragically messed up kid who really just lacks any empathy." He represents the worst a real human could become, not the worst a cartoon supervillain could be. He's probably Nintendo's darkest character, when you think about it, and I absolutely adore the guy. Not to mention he's got moveset potential to spare! :awesome: Okay, I'm done fanboy-ing.

Skull Kid: 7.85% He's from one older game in a series that has tons of characters and games. Many of whom are recurring. Does not bode well for Skull Kid.

Nominate Mona x5

Groose

Smash Champion
I find the giant's voices weird so I prefer the orchestrated version of the oath to order. Final Hours is orchestrated because that version sounds so scary.

I checked it out when you first wrote about it. It's very good. I just only list in-game music for my choices.

Personally, I'm amped; my Club Nintendo reward is the Majora's Mask soundtrack this year. It's one of the best soundtracks of all time, and I can't wait to go down memory lane. For the last year, Theophony's mix has been sustaining me, but I'm glad I can get some of the original, ultra-nostalgic tunes back into my mind.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
By the way, Genesect appears to be missing from the list of newcomers that we've rated.

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
Porky
Chances: 10%
Want: 0%
Skull Kid
Prediction: 15%
If there could be an ORIGINAL character that maybe takes (not replace) toon/young link's place, it's Skull kid. Also, he is sort-of retro now.
Nominations-
Billy Hatcher 5x

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Porky
Chance: 30%
A new mother rep is unlikely but if there is one Porky would be in.

Want: 40%
Im not that sure. I don't really care...

Prediction for Skull Kid: 8.43%

Nominations
PAC Man x1
Sylveon x4

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
Porky
Chances: 10%
Skull Kid
Prediction: 30%
If there could be an ORIGINAL character that maybe takes (not replace) toon/young link's place, it's Skull kid. Also, he is sort-of retro now.
Nominations-
Billy Hatcher 5x
Edit for Skull kid's prediction- 15%

The Edit button doesn't work for me.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Chances: 4%
idk, I just really don't see it happening. I think it'd be Masked Man instead. =/

Want: 5%
Would prefer Masked Man.

Nomz x5 mach rider

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Porky

Chance: 10%
Yeah... not really. Downsizing him wouldn't really work either since the human part of him would also be downsized, unless it was a very small spider like thing... Anyway 3 reps for Mother? Really unlikely. And more so when the villains are hand-picked carefully. If Ridley of all villains still hasn't been included (it remains to be seen if he's in THIS game) Porky is just... impossible to get in now. Though at least he's an important villain, I'll give him that.

... Uh huh... not really. I too pick my villains and Pokey Minch does not really gain my interest. I think the Mother games were fantastic, but two characters from the same game Trilogy is already overrepresenting it. Especially when only 1/3 of the trilogy made it to the west.

Just for the heck of it...
ZODA (StarTrorpics) x5

D

Deleted member

Pokey/Porky Minch
Chances: 32%
Porky is a rather interesting character pertaining to his chances really. He's a requested character, Mr. Itoi likes the character and what he is a reflection of, and he has recognition from Sakurai as being a boss in the SSE as well as having his theme be remixed and has his own area from Mother 3 become a (awful) stage. Pokey is also noticeable for appearing in two games; he was Giygas' right hand man in EarthBound and became the main villain in Mother 3. So, you can't deny that Pokey does have significance behind him to back up his chances. As for what he could do, he could attack with a small spider mech or use various items from the Mother/EarthBound series which adds some good moveset potential; moveset potential that would be unlike from the usual PSi users from the series. He does have competition however as he is competing against a also heavily requested Masked Man as well as Ninten who could seem like a likely choice. One thing that goes against him is the possibility that the series doesn't really need a third representative and it's fine on its own with just Ness and Lucas. With the recent popularity of EarthBound on the Virtual Console, this could help him in his favor more than Masked Man and Nintendo. You can't deny that if there was a third character in the Mother/EarthBound series, it would be Pokey.
Want: 78%
After reading a bit of his support thread, I'm a bit sold on what he could do in the game. I'm not the biggest fan of the character since he is an annoying brat to me, but he is a very complex villain and a pretty dark one at that. So, he has kinda sorta grown on me. I wouldn't mind seeing Pokey as a part of the roster, but I feel as though he could be a boss again. But please... don't bring New Pork City back...
Skull Kid Prediction: 25.4%
He'll do somewhat better than Vaati. However, I don't think that he will do amazingly well.
Nominations: Bowser Jr. 5x

And yeah, Skull Kid beat Ghirahim to the punch. We're a pretty anti-Ghirahim board here, for some reason or other.
I am one of the few people on here who actually liked Skyward Sword. It's actually one of my favorite games of all-time.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Porky: 10% Dead series, Ninten and Masked Man, 2 reps already and comes from a 3 game series.
Want: 40%

Skull Kid: 7%

5x Impa

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Porky

Chance-25%
It's debatable if Mother is getting a 3rd rep, that's the only disadvantage, but keep in mind, a character gets in on their own merits not if the series is allowed to have a certain amount of reps.

Want-100%
Like most Mother reps.

Skull Kid-13%
Competition with Tingle, Vaati, Toon Zelda/tetra, and etc.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Porky
Chance: 15% He will be the third Mother rep, there's very little doubt about that. It's just a question of whether Mother gets three reps now or in Smash 5,6,7 etc. Or ever. :/ Mother deserves way more popularity than it has.
Want: 100% Man, is Porky awesome! I'm new to the franchise, having beaten Earthbound just about a month ago and having just started on Mother 3. But he's so entertaining as a villain. He's just such an a-hole. He's got no sense of honor and he'd be the first to run away from a fight. Like Waluigi, but less "I'm doing this because I'm a jerk" and more "I'm doing this because I'm a tragically messed up kid who really just lacks any empathy." He represents the worst a real human could become, not the worst a cartoon supervillain could be. He's probably Nintendo's darkest character, when you think about it, and I absolutely adore the guy. Not to mention he's got moveset potential to spare! :awesome: Okay, I'm done fanboy-ing.

Skull Kid: 7.85% He's from one older game in a series that has tons of characters and games. Many of whom are recurring. Does not bode well for Skull Kid.

Nominate Mona x5
Skull Kid has been in three games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom