• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Hoping I'm not late here but if I am whatevs...
You came just in the nick of time!

I am done calculating scores. Groose will end the day soon!

Please. Stop. Not just you; sorry for singling you out in particular, but this is the post that finally broke me. There are a bunch of you doing it. Stop acting like your interpretation of the evidence is the only correct one. Stop throwing out barbed comments at the side that doesn't agree with you. Stop countervoting. What is it about Bandana Dee that makes things so freaking controversial? Why must we keep on fighting?

With the vast majority of other characters, we don't get nearly as bloodthirsty. There may be the occasional, "I think you're wrong about this," but we really don't bust out the sarcastic remarks. When they do come into play, people gang up on the sarcastic ones and make it clear that such things are unacceptable. Why is it that when we rate Bandana Dee, everyone feels inclined to toss out sarcastic and blunt comments, and people feel the need to respond to fire with more fire? And why is every time we rate him on a day where I don't have time to come in and moderate throughout the day?

I don't have access to the tools that I normally use to end the day; it's a Sunday, and I didn't think I would need to end things. However, things have become such a bloodbath that I've had to take Brawler610 up on his offer to calculate the scores so that we can move on from this day. I expected better, especially because I had specifically asked you all to take it easy and refrain from heavy debate today.

Tomorrow we're rating Ridley, the one character that is perhaps more controversial than Bandana Dee. I'm asking you once again--do not turn Ridley's day into a flame war. KEEP. THINGS. CIVIL. If I hear barbs like "all of those Ridley fans are in denial" or "you are all fools for abandoning Ridley," I will be forced to either request moderator action or tempban you from the game.
BLESS THIS POST! BLESS ALL OF IT!

Last edited by a moderator:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Which post in particular?

I'd say things were nice and civil.
From what you guys described about his last ratings, I was expecting something much worse. But it felt pretty uneventful. Meh.
Mainly the one Groose quoted. Just because someone thinks Bandana Dee has a 70% chance doesn't mean their opinion is invalid. I hate to say, but you (and, admittedly, I) did the same thing during Tiki's day as well. This is not the thread to argue. This is the thread to rate characters.

andimidna

Smash Master
Mainly the one Groose quoted. Just because someone thinks Bandana Dee has a 70% chance doesn't mean their opinion is invalid. I hate to say, but you (and, admittedly, I) did the same thing during Tiki's day as well. This is not the thread to argue. This is the thread to rate characters.
We're not supposed to argue on this thread?
Like... At all?

And the one he quoted was actually about not rating him again. My intention wasn't to say my opinion is superior. The point of that post was to say: If Bandana Dee gets an extremely high score again, people will nominate him again.
I'm not sure how I feel about how he cropped that post... But it made it seem like I was saying something entirely different.

But it's alright now. His day is done. And it's not like we'll ever rate Tiki again.

I still don't feel like it was a bloodbath though. Lets not get too crazy. I'll make less posts in the future.

Groose

Smash Champion
Bandana Dee: 25%
It's pretty clear that they're establishing him as the fourth man of the Kirby franchise, and I'd be pretty darn shocked to see a Kirby character that isn't him. I guess you could toss someone like Prince Fluff or Magolor out there, but I think Bandana Dee is just head and shoulders above everyone else from the franchise. The question with him isn't whether or not he would be the Kirby character of choice, but whether he would be chosen at all. I think there's a decent shot of that happening. He has a pretty solid movepool, moderate popularity, perhaps Sakurai's bias, and more of an opportunity than ever given the decreasing prominence of regular Waddle Dees in this installment. Still, he has some pretty steep competition, and I do think he will be outcompeted.

Bandana Dee Want: 50%
I'm not a huge Kirby fan; it's probably my least favorite of Nintendo's big franchises. As such, I really have no connection to him outside of from Brawl in the Family, and he isn't really my favorite character in that comic. Still, I do like Dee's design, and I'm on good terms with a bunch of his supporters, and I respect their passion; I wouldn't mind seeing him for their sakes. All in all, I can't say I would be disappointed by his inclusion, but it wouldn't exactly get me fired up. I think my reaction would be along the lines of, "Oh, look, it's Waddle Dee. Cool, I suppose. I bet Chandelure, Brawler, and Axle are happy."

Andy Chance: 10%
Wars is actually a pretty big franchise. If I remember correctly, it's Nintendo's highest-selling franchise that doesn't have a playable character in Smash. Additionally, it seems like a franchise from which an interesting moveset could be drawn. When you put those two things together, it seems like a character is actually quite likely. Unfortunately, according to my knowledge (which is admittedly still limited even after some research), there is one thing preventing the series from being probable to receive a character--there really isn't a "main character" to the entire series.

Andy is important in the Advance Wars games, but what about the older Famicom Wars? What about Battalion Wars? Heck, even in Advance Wars, it seems to me (remember, limited knowledge) like the emphasis is on troops and not the COs. Also, there really isn't a single highly-requested Wars character; while not overly important, that is also a factor. So while I could see Andy happening, I'm not sure it's anywhere near likely.

Andy Want: 25%
I would be pretty happy if they could make a moveset that really is interesting and really well represents Advance Wars. Still, I'm not certain that Andy would be guaranteed to have that moveset, and I really wouldn't want him for anything else.

Kamek Chance: 1%
Kamek is Magikoopa in Japan. Magikoopa is in Smash Run. Therefore, Kamek is in Smash Run. It doesn't out and out deconfirm him, I suppose (they could pull a R.O.B.), but I just don't see it happening.

Kamek Want: 10%
Part of me does like him from the good old days back in Yoshi's Island. Even so, the majority of me just views him as another Mario enemy on par with the likes of your Boos and Wigglers. I do see some merit in an interesting move pool, but I'm just not going to get hyped over him.

DAY OVER

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
We're not supposed to argue on this thread?
Like... At all?
Very very little if at all.

And the one he quoted was actually about not rating him again. My intention wasn't to say my opinion is superior. The point of that post was to say: If Bandana Dee gets an extremely high score again, people will nominate him again.
I'm not sure how I feel about how he cropped that post... But it made it seem like I was saying something entirely different.
Oh, trust me, it won't be terribly high. The people giving <5% scores and the ones giving >70% will balance out in the end.

But it's alright now. His day is done. And it's not like we'll ever rate Tiki again.

I still don't feel like it was a bloodbath though. Lets not get too crazy. I'll make less posts in the future.
I wouldn't call it a bloodbath, but it was confrontation on a day that confrontation was asked to be kept to an absolute minimum. Otherwise, I honestly don't think it would've been such a big deal.

Keto

Smash Journeyman
At least everyone survived another day on here... until we vote on Ridley.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Bandana Waddle Dee
chance: 55% 45% want: 30%

I'm not a Bandana/Waddle Dee fan but I think it's possible. Favoritism or not the Kirby series is one of the bigger series so that alone could justify it. In my eyes the removal of Waddle Dee could be a sign and I admit giving him 10% above what I would give had it not been for that. I realize the Waddle Dees are generic enemies in Smash run but remember that Brawl had many ROBots as generic enemies. I believe Waddle Dee unlike Kamek has little to no competition among the Kirby series. I didn't consider the 3ds limitations, I'll remove the 10% inflation for now.

Kamek
chance: 5% want: 15%

Different icons or not the Yoshi series is more or less a big part of the Mario series. Kamek is somewhat important but not counting on it. I don't dislike Kamek but rather not have another Mario character or a second Yoshi character.

Andy
chance: 18% want 33%

Advance wars arguably deserves a character and it's among the potential unrepresented series. However a lot of the inactive series have been relegated to trophies and assists so I'm not betting on it. I like Andy but I'd equally like anyone else too.

I was Groosed 18 minutes ago :mad088:

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
@ Groose Groose I think Jigglypuff needs to be added to the re-rate list. People are highly skeptical that there's room for 7 Pokemon reps, and many not even confident they'll get 6.

Banana Dee:
Chance: 10%. I honestly think Dedede's move was changed due to the 3ds's pathetic technical specs (same reason we lost transforming characters, but that's great imo) and being shown as enemies does not help is chances.
I think ease of character balancing is more important, for both issues.

On the one hand, the Wii U has more RAM, so it could maybe hold a transformation character in RAM, and thus cut down on the transform time. The 3DS has less RAM, but it's cartridge-based, which means that load times are really fast. So if it can't hold it all in RAM, it can probably load it during the transformation sequence. The GameCube could handle transformations fine, and its specs are not as good as the 3DS (less RAM, slower processor). The 3DS even has more RAM than the Wii (slower processor though). People talk like it's barely more powerful than an N64.

Removing randomness from moves also helps with balancing. If we see Mr. Game & Watch also changed in that regard, we can probably assume that's why (since G&W doesn't take so much processing power).
Bandana Dee:
Want: 100%. Kirby NEEDS a fourth representative. Nothing against other characters (besides third parties), but I'm a little sick of discussions about freaking Ridley, or insane choices, an example of which I cannot think of. plus Nintendo's three other most well-known star franchises have more than 4 reps by now.
Donkey Kong has over twice as many sales as Kirby. I think it classifies as more of a "star franchise" yet it only has 2 reps as of now.

Kirby's sales are also way lower than Mario or Pokemon (both in the hundreds of millions), there's a reason they get the most. Zelda is about the same as DK, but it is the most critically acclaimed series on average (Mario also has some of the best games of all time, but he's also very high quantity, not only high quality). Just saying, Kirby is not on equal footing there, and other series have good arguments for why they should get new reps (or their first rep) too... some series are going to be left out. Kirby fans seem to be awfully confident it's not going to be them, despite it not being criminally underrepresented (like DK) or a huge juggernaut (like Mario and Pokemon).

Not to mention that Wii Fit and the Mii series also have huge sales (Wii Fit more than Kirby, Mii series only behind Mario and Pokemon).

Not trying to get in an argument about your score, just felt the need to point that out if you're talking about which are the most well-known "star" franchises. It looks like DK fans might end up being disappointed, yet DK is a huge series with a lot of history, and has fewer reps...

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Bandana Waddle Dee
chance: 55% 45% want: 30%

I'm not a Bandana/Waddle Dee fan but I think it's possible. Favoritism or not the Kirby series is one of the bigger series so that alone could justify it. In my eyes the removal of Waddle Dee could be a sign and I admit giving him 10% above what I would give had it not been for that. I realize the Waddle Dees are generic enemies in Smash run but remember that Brawl had many ROBots as generic enemies. I believe Waddle Dee unlike Kamek has little to no competition among the Kirby series. I didn't consider the 3ds limitations, I'll remove the 10% inflation for now.

Kamek
chance: 5% want: 15%

Different icons or not the Yoshi series is more or less a big part of the Mario series. Kamek is somewhat important but not counting on it. I don't dislike Kamek but rather not have another Mario character or a second Yoshi character.

Andy
chance: 18% want 33%

Advance wars arguably deserves a character and it's among the potential unrepresented series. However a lot of the inactive series have been relegated to trophies and assists so I'm not betting on it. I like Andy but I'd equally like anyone else too.

I was Groosed 18 minutes ago :mad088:
Groosed...
I hope that catches on :laugh:

Groose

Smash Champion
Today's scores tallied courtesy of Bralwe610. A big round of applause is needed, ladies and gents.
Bandana Dee
Chance: 24.72% (was 38.06%)
Want: 47.61% (was 64.26%)

I want to write something witty here, but I don't want to offend anyone. Objectively, Dee fell out of both top ten charts. I have nothing more to add.

Andy
Chance: 19.01% (was 9.60%)
Want: 52.64% (was 37.38%)

Andy flew up the charts in both categories, smashing into both top twenties. Although the spotlight was on Bandana Dee, it was Andy who quietly had the best day of the three.

Kamek
Chance: 3.19% (was 11.34%)
Want: 33.63% (was 36.06%)

Poor, poor Kamek. just a week ago, we voted him most underrated. Now, we just decimated his chance score and decreased his want score.

Today we're discussing shadows and pseudos. Ridley's Direct was an absolute mess. His shadow was shown on the Pyrosphere stage while Sakurai talked about boss characters, yet his role was never confirmed completely either way. Is he a boss? Is he playable? Meanwhile, Palutena is suddenly gone from Pit's Final Smash, and her doppleganger is terrorizing people in trophy guessing contests. Is she playable? Please rate Ridley and Palutena in both chance and want.

Tomorrow we'll be having yet another Donkey Kong discussion as Cranky, K. Rool, and Dixie Kong are all coming to the party. Please predict how each of them will do. Remember, nominations are on hold as we work our way through the list on the third post.

. . . so no wolf?. . .
. . . . . .. . . . . . .m'kay. . . . . . . . . . . . .
I don't associate you as strongly with Bandana Dee as I do them. I associate you with, you know, Wolf.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
let's please never rate bandana dee again

please

Palutena's chances: 99% - I would be very surprised if she's not in at this point.
Want: 90% - Good character, good game, would definitely like her inclusion.

Ridley's chances: 10% - I don't think he's completely out of the running quite yet, but I'm definitely not expecting him anymore.
Want: 100% - I still hope he makes it.

King K. Rool prediction: 74.19% - Kremlings helped him out a bit, he'll definitely get back into the seventies.
Dixie Kong prediction: 60.35% - I think she'll drop, but not much.
Cranky Kong prediction: 7.58% - I don't think there are many people who think that he's likely to get the spot over either of the above.

Groose

Smash Champion
I probably laughed way too hard at the shadow of Alfonzo in the OP! :laugh:

I love the internet.
Isn't it funny how I search "Ridley's shadow" and that's the first thing that pops up? I always try to find pictures like those when possible, and I think I got a winner today!

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Yay a new day! I love rating stuff! :D

Ridley:
Chance: 20% - The Direct to me spoke that Sakurai once again thinks Ridley works better as a stage hazard than as a character. All signs point to it, but I could be wrong and he could be trolling. We'll see.
Want: 75% - I would love to have another Metroid rep. Heck, just lately I've been playing through Zero Mission again and just fought Ridley today and remembered how cool he was. I'd definitely like him playable.

Palutena:
Chance: 90% - Given all the leaks, the pics, and the info in the Direct, I'm fairly confident she'll be a playable character. Kid Icarus could use another rep, and she definitely is a fan favorite.
Want: 60% - I actually bought KI: Uprising and only played the first stage because I got too annoyed with the controls, so I unfortunately don't have a bond with Palutena as a character. From a design standpoint, though, she looks awesome.

Kranky Kong prediction: 20% - I dunno, I just don't see him being a popular choice.
K. Rool prediction: 75% -
I think fans are still betting on him being in, and the Kremlings seem to have given them hope.
Dixie Kong prediction: 55% - From what I've seen, she's wanted by a lot, but others feel she would be boring.

Maikou

Smash Ace
. . . so no wolf?. . .
View attachment 12192
. . . . . .. . . . . . .m'kay. . . . . . . . . . . . .
THAT WOLFY PIC IS ADORABLE!!!!!!!
Sorry, I needed to say that. I love wolfies :)
@ Groose Groose I think Jigglypuff needs to be added to the re-rate list. People are highly skeptical that there's room for 7 Pokemon reps, and many not even confident they'll get 6.

I think ease of character balancing is more important, for both issues.

On the one hand, the Wii U has more RAM, so it could maybe hold a transformation character in RAM, and thus cut down on the transform time. The 3DS has less RAM, but it's cartridge-based, which means that load times are really fast. So if it can't hold it all in RAM, it can probably load it during the transformation sequence. The GameCube could handle transformations fine, and its specs are not as good as the 3DS (less RAM, slower processor). The 3DS even has more RAM than the Wii (slower processor though). People talk like it's barely more powerful than an N64.

Removing randomness from moves also helps with balancing. If we see Mr. Game & Watch also changed in that regard, we can probably assume that's why (since G&W doesn't take so much processing power).
Donkey Kong has over twice as many sales as Kirby. I think it classifies as more of a "star franchise" yet it only has 2 reps as of now.

Kirby's sales are also way lower than Mario or Pokemon (both in the hundreds of millions), there's a reason they get the most. Zelda is about the same as DK, but it is the most critically acclaimed series on average (Mario also has some of the best games of all time, but he's also very high quantity, not only high quality). Just saying, Kirby is not on equal footing there, and other series have good arguments for why they should get new reps (or their first rep) too... some series are going to be left out. Kirby fans seem to be awfully confident it's not going to be them, despite it not being criminally underrepresented (like DK) or a huge juggernaut (like Mario and Pokemon).

Not to mention that Wii Fit and the Mii series also have huge sales (Wii Fit more than Kirby, Mii series only behind Mario and Pokemon).

Not trying to get in an argument about your score, just felt the need to point that out if you're talking about which are the most well-known "star" franchises. It looks like DK fans might end up being disappointed, yet DK is a huge series with a lot of history, and has fewer reps...
Personally I'm just glad someone's backing up the 3DS. it's seriously stupid how people treat it like it's the worst thing Nintendo's ever made (from what I've seen).
Glad to know it's more powerful than the GameCube in areas. actually scratch that, I'm just glad you have the facts on the 3DS's hardware (I don't, so I can't really defend the 3DS properly). I don't mind learning some facts about my favorite game series' ever :)

if I'm honest, If they released the games today for full price I'd get the 3DS one and enjoy it for months. I'm not exactly picky as long as one of my faves doesn' get super-nerfed or something worse......

and I tend to be defensive about things I feel strongly about, so.....yeah.....something I need to work on, admittedly.

in fact, all I need for Smash 3DS to be awesome is just for it to exist :)

Last edited:

Keto

Smash Journeyman
Ridley's chance: 50% - I don't think he is deconfirmed just yet. Sakurai is clearly trolling Ridley fans just like he trolled Toon Link fans early on. Yes, the shadow does hinder his chances, but there are multiple factors that could be at play here. The shadow could actually be playable Ridley (not likely), Ridley could be replaced by another Metroid boss if Ridley is chosen on the stage, and there could be two Ridleys. If there are two Ridleys then the shadow is part of a stage hazard while another Ridley could be playable from a different Metroid game. Ridley is one of the last important characters since the early melee days that has not had the opportunity to be playable for questionable reasons.

Ridley want: 90%

Palutena's chance: 99% - Nothing deconfirming from the Direct. Also has a leaked photo that is 99% legit. She is in.

Palutena want: 25%

R_Trigger

Smash Cadet
Normally I don't do these things, but these two are characters I do give a darn so...

Ridley
Chance - 15% Sad to say, but chances aren't looking good for our favourite space dragon. But I suppose this could all be just Sakurai's trolling...
Want - 75% A solid choice and a fan favourite, and he certainly could have a very interesting playstyle and move set.

Palutena
Chance - 90% I don't think I need to explain why, but we haven't seen any Kid Icarus Assists...
Want - 99% I absolutely adore many of the KI characters and this includes Palutena, but she loses one percent because of this guy:

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
I just wanted to go through 1 Bandana Dee rating in my life.
Now that I have, I'm done. No more please. ;)

Palutena:

Chance: 99.9%

REASONING FROM HER THREAD COMING LATER!
For now:
Popular: Yes!
Requested: Yes!
Unique: Yes!
Important: Yes!
Recurring: Yes!
Recent: Yes!
Leaked: Yes! We have pictures AND Salromano! The only character that's been leaked twice! (to my knowledge)

Therefore... Deserving? YES!
If she's not in... WHO IS?
The only scenario where she won't get in (AKA, the 0.1%) is that we have no or just 1 or 2 newcomers left. Seriously.
We've already gotten enough surprises. Wii Fit Trainer and Greninja (and to some people, Villager and Rosalina)
She's an Elite, and she deserves that title.
Want: 10000%
Midna is gone. Rosalina is in. Tiki is gone.
She's the only character in my top 4 left. Of course I am rooting for her 100%!!!

Ridley:

Chance: 50%
Really, I think it could go either way. I...
Hmmm...
Well I've seen some good evidence in his thread that suggests Sakurai is feeding us baloney with dem hints...
But I can't side either way. Despite that...

Want: 80%
I hope he makes it.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
The popularity chart has been updated. Bandana Dee fell 14 spots from 9th to 23rd. Kamek fell only 7 spots from 63rd to 70th. Andy takes his cue from Lip and Skyrockets 44 spots from 58th to 14th.

Palutena
Chance: 88% - Definitely the most likely newcomer at this point, I'd be surprised not to see her playable. Everything from Pit's new Final Smash, to Sakurai's trolling, to the huge increase in the amount of Kid Icarus content in Smash all seem to point in her favour.
Want: 66% - I enjoyed her character in uprising.

Ridley
Chance: 8% - He's more than likely deconfirmed at this point. I will admit that the way he was presented in the direct was suspicious, why did Sakurai feel the need to tease us with his shadow and not just outright say he was a stage hazard boss. Regardless, I think using this as evidence in favour of Ridley is merely wishful thinking and I would be surprised to see him playable at this point.
Want: 54% - I kind of stopped caring.

Cranky prediction: 8%
Dixie prediction: 57%
King K. Rool prediction: 70%

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
This is going to be quite the interesting day, isn't it? I'll just do something quick and simple for now.

Ridley Chance: 10%

Oh, poor, poor Ridley... Last time I gave you an 80%... Well, after the Direct, I'm really thinking that Ridley won't be playable this time around. Sakurai hinted towards other bosses being in stages, and it seems Ridley is one of them. However, I don't think Ridley is entirely de-confirmed. The whole nature of Ridley's "reveal" was rather odd compared to Sakurai's usual method of doing things. It seems strange that he would be so vague when talking about a highly requested character and their role in the game. Typically, character de-confirmations are quick and simple. This is... painful, really. The ambiguity of it all is causing unnecessary pain to a large and loyal fanbase that really deserves a direct answer by now. Why is Ridley the one character who's fate is only being hinted at rather than outright stated? Why haven't we seen Ridley at all until now? It's questions like these that make me think that there is the slight possibility that Ridley could end up being playable. However, I find it unlikely, and I won't be expecting Ridley in Smash 4.

Ridley Want: 95%

Oh how I so want to prove all those idiotic Ridley detractors wrong, especially after this... A reveal of Ridley at this point would be unbelievably satisfying. But it's still unlikely, I think...

Now on the complete opposite end of the spectrum...

Palutena Chance: 99%

Yep, I'm giving Palutena a 99% chance. In my mind, Palutena is the single closest thing to a lock character we have at the moment (I'm really sorry Mewtwo...). With the ridiculous amount of Kid Icarus content in the game, the gigantic stage, Pit's new Final Smash, and the notorious Pseudo fake out, everything is pointing towards Palutena's inclusion. That's not even counting the supposed leak that has yet to be proven false. I would honestly be shocked if Palutena is not playable in this game. There always is that chance, I suppose, but I see no reason to doubt her inclusion at this point.

Palutena Want: 75%

I haven't actually played Kid Icarus Uprising, so I don't really have a personal attachment to her. But from what I've seen of the game, she's quite an enjoyable character who has a ton of potential to be a unique, fun character in Smash. The one thing that's probably keeping me from being really hyped about her is that, well, I'm not sure what she would do as a fighter. Don't get me wrong, she has plenty of move set potential, but it's to the point where it's hard to say what direction they'll go with her. But that's kind of a good thing, really. I'm sure I'll get much more hyped for her when I see what kind of fun stuff Sakurai has planned for her, but until then, I'll just be looking forward to her inclusion, but I won't get terribly excited over her just yet.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Ridley:

Here's a character that's hard to predict, ladies and gentlemen. This guy has been teased and teased relentlessly for the past few months. He's been seen as one of the most likely characters to appear as playable in Super Smash Bros. 4 since his disconfirmation in Brawl times. And now we have this. What many would see as a complete disconfirmation of Ridley.

I'll be honest when I say that I have no idea how this one is going to go. Absolutely no clue. On one hand, do we really have any evidence that points to Ridley's playability? Well...not really. But we know that Ridley's been teased a lot recently, so we don't have any reason to take this as a complete disconfirmation either. Especially considering Sakurai's trolling nature recently.

I'm going to have to give him a complete 50%. I have no idea what's going to happen.
(And a 90% in want, of course.)

Palutena:

Her, on the other hand...With her popularity, the leak, her lack of an appearance thus far, the pseudo Palutena troll, and Pit's final smash being changed, I can't see her not getting in at this point.

Chance: 95%
Want: 85%

Predictions:
Dixie: 59%
King K. Rool: 74%
Cranky Kong: 10.4%

Last edited:

TheZombiePig

Smash Apprentice
Palutena:
-Chance: 95%
A popular character, as well as the secondary character of Uprising. She seems to be the most likely character at the moment.
-Want: 98%
Along with her being one of the most entertaining characters in Uprising, Uprising happens to be my favorite 3DS game. Without a doubt, one of my most wanted newcomers.

Ridley, oh Ridley...
-Chance: 10%
I just don't see how he could still be a character. I mean, sure he wasn't completely de-confirmed, and there is the Alfonso-syndrome going for him, it's being heavily implied that he's a boss, which is very different from a simple background element, a-la Toon Link. I'm just not holding out much hope anymore.
-Want: 85%
I've never been a huge Metroid fan, but I always felt some sort of draw from the characters, bosses especially. Ridley is one of two major villains not currently in Smash, and I'd love to see more villains. It would also be nice to put an end to the "too big" argument.

Predictions:
Dixie: 55% I feel that people will take the Kremlings' appearance as a hint to K. Rool making him more likely than Dixie.
K. Rool: 70% See above.
Cranky: 6.5% Not much to say

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Ridley :
Chance 30% i don't believe he is completely out of woods but unlikely now.
Want: 90% i would like ridley
Palutena
Chance: 98% The closent to the shoe in so many references it ain't funny
Want: 100% I loved her in uprising and would love her in smash 4

Last edited:

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Palutena: 70%
Her inclusion as of this Direct has been upgraded to "probable", at least to me.

Want: 40%

Ridley: 5%
In the event the gray thing with Ridley's shadow was Meta-Ridley and not Other M Ridley's tail. Or if Meta-Ridley is Alfonzo.

Want: 50%

loganhogan

Smash Ace
The Goddess of Light:

Chance: 95% Want 100%

I'm not going to consider the leak just yet. I can justify my rating with the following points:
1. Sakurai potentially hinted her via the Pseudo Scare.
2. Too many changes to Pit that involved Palutena.
3. That final smash excuse no longer hurts her.

4. She's second significant to Kid Icarus.
5. Has little to no competition among KI.

Points two and three are the most important because she's no longer hindered by the arguments detractors used against her. Specifically the arguments that she controls Pit's flight (although Viridi exists) and that she would appear in his final smash were the strongest points against her but they no longer apply. About the leak? Let's just say if it's real Samurai Goroh, makes her case look even better thanks to the outlines. Lady Palutena is among my most favorite characters so I'll justify the 100% want rating.

Ridley

Chance Abstain% want 50%
I'm not confident about his chance anymore, but I'm too unsettled about the subject to appropriately rate him.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ridley 60% there's a lot of evidence supporting he trolled us again but it would have ben 50/50 but the extra 10 is because if we get to E3 with no ridley in sight before then he has a good shot. And with the conductor toon link scenario we all thought he was dead bcause he was shown not playable but then turn out we were wrong. This could be one of those again.

Want 100%
Supporting him all the way

Palutena 90%

That troll trophy was a big give away and that all the want and support she has ben getting

Want 95%
I like her and I want her in

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Ridley Likelihood: 10%
Want: 55%

Palutena Likelihood: 75%
Want: 45%

Dixie Kong: 61.45%
Cranky Kong: 16.5%
K. Rool: 76.55%

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Ridley:
Want: 70%
Chance: 100%

As for Palutena, I can't really rate her as I haven't played the Kid Icarus games. Though I will say I wouldn't have known about her if it weren't for these forums (unless I got curious about Pit's Smash one day).

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Ridley:
...I'm as big a Ridley supporter as anybody, but come on, 100% chance? That seems a little much in wake of the Direct. And speaking of which...

Ridley
Chance: 20%
Want: 100%

I'm seeing it less and less likely that he'll make it in, and as I see it the only way he can will be if he ends up in another Toon Link + Alphonso situation. But I love the evil *******, and would be absolutely ecstatic to have him in.

Palutena
Chance: 80%
Want: 90%

Between the leak, the direct tease, the fact Sakurai worked on KI: U, and Pit's Final Smash change, Palutena still seems like one of the most likely newcomers, which is good, because she would be awesome, and has a lot going for her, being a freaking goddess.

So yeah, two of my more wanted characters. Fingers crossed.

pandajedi

Smash Cadet
Ridley:
Want: 100%
He's in my top 3 most wanted, and I'd love to get a Metroid rep that isn't Samus. I'd have been happy with a Metroid or Mother Brain too... but ah well.
Chance: 30%
I don't know what to think... if he truly was a boss, why be so coy about it?

Palutena:
Want: 50%
Completely indifferent here, I think she'd make a good fighter but I don't care for the Kid Icarus series much. I wouldn't be upset if she was in, nor would I be particularly excited.
I have no doubt in my mind that she's in there, and being take from Pit's FS just cements it in my opinion.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Ridley:

As for Palutena, I can't really rate her as I haven't played the Kid Icarus games. Though I will say I wouldn't have known about her if it weren't for these forums (unless I got curious about Pit's Smash one day).
(I think you switched want and chance up.)

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Ridley

Chance - 0%

Cause hes been confirmed as a boss character and theres no doubt about it in my mind... for the longest time i've always had this intuition that Sakurai doesn't think Ridley fits the role of a playable character in Smash. Cause if he did see him as playable character, he would have been made playable in brawl, with all the demand for him and everything. They had the tools to make him playable back then but instead they chose to spend their time developing him as a boss character (complete with moves). Which i think proves my inkling intuition. I don't expect any of the boss characters in the Brawl Story Mode to be playable in this new game.

Want - 0%

No offense but i don't find him interesting in the slightest :132:

Palutena

Chance - 93%

I'd be SHOCKED if she isn't in... :crazy:

Want - 50%

I don't really care about the Kid Icarus Series. :ohwell:

Dixie - 65%
King K. Rool - 30%
Cranky Kong - 15%

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Ridley - 90%
I am in the minority of those that think the Direct boosted his chances it seems. I'll post what I did on another site:

Yes, that shadow belongs to Ridley. But it doesn't matter that it belongs to Ridley, because Ridley has multiple incarnations, the most popular of which wasn't even in Other M, and by association the Pyrosphere. Sakurai intentionally avoiding showing or name-dropping Ridley for a reason. I'm saying Ridley can be both a stage hazard AND playable, just as there is Link and Toon Link and even a Conductor Link (who is NOT the same incarnation as the playable Toon LInk) that appears on a stage. The Ridley from Super Metroid (who MOST assume would be his playable form) is not the same character as the Ridley from Other M, the game that Pyrosphere is from. He is doing the same intense trolling with Palutena, and it is 99.99% guaranteed she is playable at this point. Two of the most highly requested characters in the world, Palutena and Ridley, were in similar situations; both in Brawl but not playable. Ridley's role in Brawl was obviously much farther estranged from being playable, hence the higher level of tension and doubt Sakurai is delivering his hints and references with. There is no reason he wouldn't blatantly show Ridley if he is just a stage hazard.

"When Ridley is playable, a completely different-to-begin-with incarnation of him, Other M Ridley terrorizes the Pyrosphere. In fact, Other M Ridley always appears because there is no paradoxical conflict between the two that isn't already represented in Link/Toon Link, Zelda/Sheik, or Samus/ZSS."

Palutena - 99.99%
I have never seen such an obvious case of hint dropping/troll teasing. Psuedo-Palutena trophy fake out. As if she wasn't already extremely likely for every other reason. Even if the leak wasn't a thing, I would rate her this highly after that Direct.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master

The fact that Palutena actually got in Brawl alone makes her far more likely than any other KI candidate IMO.
She was like the 7th Nintendo character you met in the game.
You met her before major playable characters like Link, Samus, Pikachu, Luigi, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Marth, Dedede, Red, Ness, Ganondorf, Yoshi, etc.
I bet a lot of people didn't finish the Subspace Emissary, but who didn't make it this far? This was only the 2nd level!
Due to her being in every KI game, a prominent appearance in the most recent game, and being known by SSB fans who played Brawl, I find Palutena to be the most likely newcomer out of anybody in any series. (That is, counting Mewtwo as a veteran and not counting Little Mac due to his confirmation)
Nobody else has a long-lasting leak. She is the only one. (Not talking about BS text leaks that get deconfirmed every other day)
And not only is she likely, but she has enough popularity and requests that could get her in without all of this.
She also has the recency (like Villager, WFT, Rosaluma, and Little Mac) and uniqueness (like Mega Man, Villager, Rosaluma, and Little Mac).
She wins in every category. She even adds an iconic female. Which there are really only 2 left.
You may think she's likely due to uniqueness potential, you may think she's likely due to fan popularity and large amounts of requests, you may think she's likely because of multiple appearances in her series and recency due to a prominent appearance in Uprising, you may think she's likely because her name is in the series' title in Japan, you may think she's likely because she was in Brawl, as a Final Smash and a part of the Story Mode, you may think she's likely due to Sakurai's deep involvement with her character and the series in general, you may think she's likely due to statements made about female additions by Sakurai himself, you may think she's likely because you believe the leak is true, you may think she's likely because you think Kid Icarus deserves 2 characters, or you may just think she's likely because everybody else does.
But I think it's all of the above!!! :3

Is there a single character you can make such a strong argument for other than the green-haired, lovely Goddess of Light?
I don't think so.
Here's something I said like 15 pages ago on the Palutena thread.
This is back when I thought she had a 95% chance

AFTER SAL ROMANO'S LEAK: Bumped up to 96%
AFTER PIT'S FINAL SMASH CHANGED: Bumped up to 99%
AFTER WE WE SAW THE TROPHY OF TROLLUTENA: Bumped up to 99.9%

I don't see any room left for doubt.

Leaks.
Trolls. (Not just Pseudo, don't forget the STATUE!)
Popularity.
Great Fighting Style.

She is the only character that has absolutely everything going for her.
Even K Rool who's in 2nd doesn't have leaks, recency, or A STAGE (all which are weak points against him though)

YES, PALUTENA ALREADY HAS A STAGE WITH HER NAME ON IT!!!

Rosalina:

Little Mac:

Palutena:

What's even an argument against her?

Can't have 2 characters from a series with 3 games?
Explain Ness and Lucas.

Can't have a Goddess fighting humans?
Since when has Smash been canon?

Umm... can't even think of a 3rd...

Predict:
K Rool: 75%
Dixie: 50%
Cranky: 15%

Also, from the quote, I no longer consider Mewtwo more likely than Palutena.

Last edited:

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Well well well...

Ridley
Chance: 15% Alfonzo is indeed a thing, this is true. But I'm personally not feeling that it's in the cards for the space dragon to have a playable appearance. If he defies the direct and achieves both boss and playable status, then all the more reason to be happy. But for now, I don't see it.

Want: 70% I'm not terribly well-versed in Metroid and even less versed in actually challenging Ridley himself. I believe the only time I've fought him was in Metroid Fusion and Brawl. Because of this I don't feel quite as attached as his many, many supporters on these boards. That said, Metroid has surprisingly few reps considering how popular the franchise seems to be. And it would be nice to throw his fans a bone after three games. I give him a 70% want.

Palutena
Chance: 99% Everyone's already said it. The leak, the troll, the changed FS, the Kid Icarus blowout, the other leak, the popularity...I'd be completely baffled if she wasn't in the game.

Want: 85% Any opportunity to show off more of KIU's many, many awesome weapons is an A+ addition in my book. I enjoyed her character as well. I docked a few points just cause I feel I know what to expect from her, I suppose.

EDIT:Complete forgot predictions...
Cranky: 10%
K. Rool: 74%
Dixie: 56%

Last edited:

Keeshu

Smash Ace
(I think you switched want and chance up.)
:applejack: Let me think. Hmmmm....... Nah.

Don't get me wrong. I like Ridley a lot, but there hasn't been anything in the Metroid games to really put Ridley in my "OMG HE'S SO AWESOME! MUST HAVE" status. He has the potential to do so though. Most of my want is because #1 He's a dragon, and I have a weakness for dragons :bubblebobble: Though him looking anorexic kinda goes against that a little bit. #2 Second boss I've seen that shows up sometime earlier in the game and it makes you want to kick his butt later. The first being Meta Knight, I view Ridley and Meta Knight very similarly for many things, and Meta Knight was a mind blow for me when I was kid. Meta Knight is more mysterious about it cause he helps you and sends minions at you throughout the game. Of course Meta Knight also does this while being in a cute world, Ridley however doesn't do it as well because he's in a world where everything wants you dead so it's less special. Ridley just kicks your butt at the start, and you never see him again until near the end. Ridley also is a fast + Tough boss fight, especially after you've been weakened from the ninja pirates and tons of enemies with no save point. Meta Knight shares this as well. Considering most boss fights in games are easy, and/or slow, Ridley gets brownie points from me for that.

Though looking at the footage shown, I'm convinced that he's playable. I'm just really really hoping he gets an Alt costume for one of his more classic appearances, which seems unlikely since Roidley's arms and legs are so different. I did say a while back that I'd enjoy Ridley even if it was his Other M appearance, looks like I'm about to eat those words... :yoshi:

andimidna

Smash Master
Has a character ever received both a 0% and a 100% within the same rating day?

Just curious. This interests me.
I'm almost neutral on Ridley. I'm mostly watching the thread to see all of the Palutena praise to cheer me up after a meh day.

I really have no clue what the final chance score will be for Ridley...
But I'm sure the want will be as high as ever!

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Hey everyone, how's it been? Long time since I've been here last time.

Anyhow.

PALUTENA: THE BEAUTY
Chances: 85% - Considering the grand popularity of Kid Icarus, I'd say it almost guarantees a new fighter into the roster. Out of all of the various characters the series boast despite its small size, many of them have something that would definitely make them viable fighters. However, either Palutena or Medusa would have the higher chance of appearing, mostly due to being in the series far before Uprising. Though I prefer Medusa, I say Palutena is the more likely lady to become a newcomer.

That, and the slight bits related to her shown at the Smash Direct (Pit getting a new [FREAKING AWESOME] Final Smash and the Fake Palutena fake out) might add some extra bits of likelihood into the mix. That ain't making her a shoo-in, mind you, but I think it's likely to happen.

Want: 75% - She's alright, I guess. Not exactly my most wanted newcomer, but I say she would be pretty sweet.

RIDLEY: THE BEAST
Chances: 75% - That Direct may have delivered a heavy blow on the space dragon's chances, but he ain't done for! There's actually some points that may or may not actually help his chances this time around.

There is the fact that he's been teased for so long, you would assume Sakurai is up to something. I mean, every one else who has been disconfirmed was shown with their NPC role straight away; no bull****, just straight disconfirmation. However, Ridley seems to be experiencing something similar to Little Mac; Sakurai has been teasing us with him by apparently implying he's not in to lower expectations and at the same time leaving subtle hints here and there that he may be in the game, just to come back with a full blown, hypetastic reveal. The same seems to be happening with Ridley; ever since the Pyrosphere reveal, he's been dangling keys in front of us Ridley fans, and its possible he'll reveal him as playable soon enough. (Sidenote: It's possible this is also applied on Palutena, due the few hints shown above)

That said, my expectations are lower this time around, just for the slight chance of there being disappointment. Because, who knows.

Want: 100% - HELL YEAH SON! And frankly, at first I didn't care that much about Ridley, but now I'm just freaking desperate for the ******* to show up. SAKURAI PLS

DIXIE KONG: THE GOOD
Prediction: 63% - Eh.

KING K. ROOL: THE BAD
Prediction: 93% - WOOO!

CRANKY KONG: THE SENILE
Prediction: 73% - Okay, I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom