• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groose

Smash Champion
WELCOME BACK!
Today we are rating Bomberman. We are predicting Kamek. You may have voted in this day about a month ago; please check and see if this is true. If you have already voted, just edit out your old post and make a new one if you so choose!
I have a few announcements: Firstly, the game will follow a different update schedule than before. I previously updated the day at 7PM EST; I will now update at approximately 4 PM EST. I can't promise prompt updating like I did over the summer; I'm back at school and am crammed to the brim with work. Please bare with me.
Secondly, this day may last up to forty-eight more hours. I'll see how quickly people return to vote and if we encounter any more technical difficulties; if people all seem to rush back, the day will end in twenty-four hours.
Finally, I've been working on a little present for you all to keep the game fresh in brains. It's not quite ready; it should be done soonish.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
My previous rating stands, my opinions on Bomberman and Kamek have not changed; can I just leave it rather than copy paste?

Morbi

Scavenger
Bomberman Chance: 5%

I don't like to give high chances to third party characters. I really think Sakurai is going to take it easy on them. I don't expect much more than two. We already have one confirmed... so I kind of doubt Bomberman would be the second. I mean it is possible that he replaces Sonic/Snake. I would be a little upset if that happened though. Not only that, but he doesn't really have enough popularity to justify adding him in a Nintendo fighting game.

Bomberman Want: 0%

I was going to give him something above zero percent; however, it has recently come to our attention that Bomberman was the DDoSer. So not going to happen.

Realistically, I started have the irrational urge to support Snake. However, instead of Snake returning... I want Punished Snake to replace him. It would be relevant with Metal Gear Solid 5. Not only that, but I am a huge Big Boss fan. I actually don't really like Solid Snake too much. Hence, Bomberman is naturally going to be getting a low score.

Groose

Smash Champion
So, I finished that "present" on which I was working. If you don't laugh at this, please feel free to leave these forums.​
My previous rating stands, my opinions on Bomberman and Kamek have not changed; can I just leave it rather than copy paste?
Yeah, that's fine.​

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
So, I finished that "present" on which I was working. If you don't laugh at this, please feel free to leave these forums.​

Water Type
Fighting Type
Dragon Type
Fairy Type

Champion:
Psychic Type

Sounds legit!

D

Deleted member

Wow... I can't believe that we're finally back here. Glad that it's over... I think. I missed this thread! This game is so much fun!

Did anyone here have trouble accessing the website last night? I did...
Bomberman
Chances: 5%
I want to say that Bomberman is one of the last remaining viable third party characters, but I would be lying if I did. He would have higher chances than Layton... if his series wasn't dead. After Hudson went bankrupt, Konami bought the Bomberman license and we haven't seen them produce a Bomberman game since. (if they eventually do, they better not use Act Zero Bomberman) I have no idea if Konami is willing to use their characters for SSB4, but I feel as though that it would be a return from Snake or Simon Belmont as I doubt that they would want to represent themselves with Bomberman if they so choose to have a character in SSB4. I think that Bomberman doesn't have too much competition as he is up their with other well known characters like Simon and Pac-Man and Bomberman has had a long history with Nintendo. His series is close with Nintendo as he has had a quite a number of exclusives, most notably on the SNES with the Super Bomberman series and on the N64, and he was in a game with Wario called "Wario Blast: Featuring Bomberman". That being said though, asking for Bomberman in SSB4 is a dream at this point in my opinion because we haven't seen much from Bomberman recently and I think his popularity has been dwindling over the years; I have seen some demand for him but not a whole lot of it since Brawl. Compared to Mega Man, whose series is dying thanks to Capcom not producing/canceling games, I've seen more demand for Mega Man before SSB4's release and even before Brawl's release. It really comes down if Sakurai wants him and Konami wants to put him in but the odds are slim.
Want: 100%
With all of this being said, I would LOVE to see Bomberman in a SSB game! While I know it's probably not going to happen, I've mentioned him as an "impossible character" in that one thread, I would be happy to see him! When I heard the rumor of a 3rd 3rd party character in Brawl, I thought it was going to be Bomberman! (though Mega Man would have been the more likely choice...) Bomberman has been a part of my childhood with Bomberman 64 and I can't help but love the little guy. I see so much moveset potential and I think that he would be a fun character to play as since he would bring something new and unique for the SSB universe. Besides, it's not like he hasn't fought before.

If he was more likely, then he would be one of my top 5 newcomers. Right now, he's in the top 10. I know that he's unlikely, but I still wish to see him.

Kamek Prediction: 12.5%
While he would be one of the more logical choices for a second character to represent the Yoshi series, I don't see the series getting a second rep.

Nominations: Bowser Jr. 4x, Captain Rainbow 1x
My opinions have not changed nor has my Chance, Want, and Prediction percentages as well as my nominations.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Bomberman

Chances: 25%
Want: 25%

Meh, I'm not against him nor want him, but he seems interesting to play as and would make an interesting moveset so...

Good to see Smashboards back up again!

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I honestly don't remember if I already voted or not and I'm too lazy to try to go back and find my older post if I made one, so just use this one. :p

Bomberman

Likelihood: 10% - Honestly, I'm not too sure about his chances, but I'm sure they're pretty low.
Want: 15% - I don't know much about him, but he seems like he could fit in the Smash universe pretty well. I can't say I necessarily want him, but I'd rather have him than Pac-man..

Kamek: 1% - It should probably be even lower than that, but it's not like he has no chance..

Nominations:
Snake x5

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Glad to see this game is back, and time for me to join this fun.

Bomberman

Chances of Actually Getting In: 18%. I feel like there's other 3rd Party characters that have a better shot than him. XD

Want: 11%. I can see him having an intresting move style, he's been in a fighting game before. I just don't really like Bomberman that much.

Kamek

Chances: 27%. As a represenative of the Yoshi Series, He's got a fair chance.

Nominating...
Snake X5

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Copied from previous post. Edited old one.
Bomberman: 4%
Unfortunately Hudson Soft was absorbed into Konami, decreasing his chances considerable. He's got to contend with the much more popular Simon Belmont and Snake. He is an icon though in my eyes, which is why I do give him a chance.

Bomberman: 100%
Only if only uses bombs for every move. Bomberman is one of my favorite games to play just for fun. And I really enjoyed Bomberman 64. My family played that game so much. He is much more of a nintendo character than Snake. And Bomberman is more of a nintendo franchise than castlevania. So he would be my number one out of all those.

Some Bomberman music:
Area 1
Title
Bomberman 64 Opening
64 Intro

Kamek Prediction:11.11%

Nominations:
Slime x 1
Snake x 4

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
OMG I MISSED THIS PLACE SO MUCH I LOVE YOU ALL

Anyway, with that out of the way.

Bomberman
Likelihood: 24% - Like Simon, if Snake gets cut, he has a great chance of getting in. Like Simon, because of the unlikeliness of Snake being cut, he's in quite a mess.
Want: 86% - Oh, how I remember the days when I played Bomberman 64, and how I couldn't get past that goddamned fire level... good times~

MUSIC TIME! Masker (Bomberman 64) - Stage Select (Bomberman 64) - Blue Resort (Bomberman 64)

Kamek
Prediction: 25.65% - Eh.

Nominations
Meowth x5

Edited Kamek's rating a teeny bit.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
I hope you guys take the time to read this

Bomberman

Chance 10%:Bomberman started off as a sort of puzzle/action genre, and then evolved into much much more. He went on to have Adventure games, open world, minigame collections, party games, racing games, multiplayer games, and even a crossover game with Wario. Bomberman has had 34 games that are exclusive to nintendo titles, and he has been in 50+ games that were on nintendo consoles and other ones. I heard somewhere he has appeared in many of the early nintendo comics. He dates all the way back to the NES era, and has had games on the NES, SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy color, N64, Gamecube, Gameboy advance, Nintendo DS, Wii, and has been on virtual console games for the 3ds. So he has been on EVERY nintendo console except for the virtual boy and the Wii U, but he will likely appear on the wii U at some point. Bomberman, Sonic, some square enix characters in fortune street and mario hoops 3 on 3, and recently Maxwell from scribblenaughts are the only third party characters that have ever been in a crossover game with nintendo outside of smash. The game he crossed over in was called wario blast: ft. Bomberman for the gameboy.
Hudson soft, the creators of Bomberman, also had close ties with nintendo, they developed all of the mario party games except for mario party 9. Bomberman, I believe, is a pretty wanted third party character, in fact, one of the most wanted.

So after hearing all of this, you'd think he would be practically a Shoo-in for smash 4, Well sadly Hudson has been purchased by Konami, and that lowers his chances like crazy for 2 reasons:
1. Konami hasnt made a traditional bomberman game in a really long time, so as Groose said, much like Megaman, he has fallen.
2. We already have snake as a konami rep...
Sadly because of Konami, his chances are almost obliterated. :(

In case you couldnt tell, i am a huge fan of Bomberman, despite not playing one in a very long time. Bomberman generations was basically my childhood game along with mario sunshine, mario kart double dash, pokemon 3rd gen, pikmin, sonic adventure 2 battle, and melee. His games were so fun and i have so many memories of them. whether it be from the awesome story mode, or the AMAZING multiplayer mode, which is a mix between strategy, reaction time, and action. Seeing him in smash would make me ridiculously happy, and i would main him in a second.

Kamek: 13%

nominations
Rayman x5
my opinions have not changed

bomberman is the ddoser

Yams

Smash Journeyman
Yay, it's back :D

Bomberman

Likelihood: 5% If konami were to replace Snake with another character, I'd assume they'd take Bomberman over Simon Belmont or any other Konami rep. But I doubt Snake would be cut, if not replaced.

Want: 60% He's cool, but I'd rather see someone like Waluigi use a bomb based moveset (though if Waluigi didn't have bombs, I'd love Bomberman)

Kamek: 10%

Duck Hunt Dog x5

farvin111

Smash Journeyman
Bomberman: 1%
Not significant enough, and 3rd party slots are a commodity. Others have more precedence, like Pac-Man.

Want: 50%
Never played his games, but he seems cool.

Kamek: 11.36%

Chrom & Lucina x5

Groose

Smash Champion
30 Days have passed... maybe not in the game, but in real life. So tomorrow, all characters previously rated will be added to the renominations list (including Ridley and Toad, whose chances have been affected since their last ratings).

my opinions have not changed

bomberman is the ddoser
I love me a good conspiracy theory. He probably did it because he saw that he wasn't going to do so well.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Bomberman!
Likelihood: 2% - Almost no chance, but he's made many appearances on Nintendo consoles and even co-starred in a Wario game, so he has that going for him.
Want: 85% - Traditional multiplayer Bomberman deathmatch is always fun, and I loved the N64 games so much. They were great puzzle/action games. Bomberman 64 had a fantastic soundtrack and Bomberman Hero's soundtrack was so quirky.

Regulus would make for a great assist trophy.

Kamek: 10% - Kamek actually has a fair number of recent appearances in the Mario games. He has a shot at a decent cameo appearance (such as an assist trophy), but a playable role seems unlikely. As far as recurring villains go, Bowser Jr has a much better shot. SSB4 can only have so many characters on the roster, and Kamek is far from an essential inclusion.

Nominate: Snake x5

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Bomberman: 7%
Too much competition and more specifically competition from his own company mascots. Not to mention Hudson really hasn't done anything with him as of late.

Want: 95%
BOMBERMAN!!!!!!

5x Impa

Also, I know this never was completed but :love:

Kamek: 20%

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Glad to see that Smashboards is back!

I'll repost mine. My Bomberman scores and nominations are the same but I've edited my prediction:

Bomberman's chances: 5%
Want: 60%

Kamek prediction: 13.25%

Meowth x5

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
OMG, I am soooo happy this is back up again! I'm glad I decided to check. If the voting is still up tomorrow, I'll go for it, assuming of course I didn't vote before.

Whatever the case is, I am really glad I get to talk smash again. Been having some severe withdrawal symptoms.

Groose

Smash Champion
When's the day ending?
Either in twelve hours or thirty-six. I want to end the day as soon as possible, but we really don't have many votes in as of now, and I'm not sure how quickly people will rush back.

OMG, I am soooo happy this is back up again! I'm glad I decided to check. If the voting is still up tomorrow, I'll go for it, assuming of course I didn't vote before.

Whatever the case is, I am really glad I get to talk smash again. Been having some severe withdrawal symptoms.
I went to Gamefaqs. It's tough to find a diamond amid all of that rough, but I did find one amazing thread. I intend to share it here when things return to normal.

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Let's get this show back on the road.

Bomberman: 2%

He MIGHT get in if Snake doesn't return.

Want: 10%

He could be fun to play as, but I'm not too familiar with his games.

Kamek prediction: 6.85%

Nominations:
Klonoa x3
Neku x2

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Glad to see that this is still alive after all this time.

Likelihood: 3% - As fitting as he would be, not even if Konami manages to fenangle Sakurai into giving them a second rep would he be added, as Simon Belmont far outclasses him in terms of Nintendo history, and in want and moveset potential as well.

Want: 30% - Never really cared for the guy, and I'd much rather see Simon as a second Konami rep. As a third rep sure, bring him in, but the chances of that happening anytime soon is slim to none. Simon's already a guilty pleasure choice for most.

Kamek prediction: 10.5% Although one of my personally more wanted characters, he's very very unlikely unless Sakurai decides that for whatever all of the O12 series need at least two reps.

Nominations:
Adam Malkovich x 5

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Were back, my body is ready.

Bomberman
Chance: 10%
Hes not likely unfortunately, but he is iconic and has been in plenty of nintendo games so not all hope is lost.
That being said, bomberman 64 is one of my favorite games of all time (dat music.)

Kamek: 8.6%

Noms:
Rayman x5

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
I'm unsure if we were to post again so just in case
Bomberman chances: 5%. He isn't near as popular as Mega Man, either among the Smash Bros. fandom or the world at large. This goes for pretty much all third parties besides Pac-Man.

Want: 70%.

Kamek prediction: 20%.

Ganon X5

Groose

Smash Champion
Bomberman's Chances: 5%
Bomberman is not Mega Man despite a plethora of comparisons people have made. His games have always been popular, but not quite as much so as Mega Man. Bomberman is deeper in limbo than Mega Man; the latter is at least still a mascot for his company. Bomberman also has Snake; there's a pretty solid chance Snake returns and Bomberman won't even be considered if this is the case.

But if Snake leaves... the door opens ever so slightly. Bomberman still has Simon Belmont to go through, but Bomberman could win that battle.

I doubt Snake leaves and if that does happen I think Konami will be snubbed or Simon will make an entrance.

Bomberman Want: 75%
I never played a Bomberman game. Even so, I think Bomberman would make a very fun character. I love projectiles and mines in Smash; such is the bread and butter of Bomberman. Time bombs, sticky bombs, land mines, exposive physical attacks, etc... it would make a fun character.

Kamek Prediction: 3.47%
Sorry. No one seems to think he has a chance

Duck Hunt Dog x5

Groose

Smash Champion
Yes... it's that time again. You guys know what I'm talking about... right?​
I can feel the joy coursing through my body... here... we...​
GO!​
DAY OVER:
RETURN OF GROOSE

Groose

Smash Champion
Bomberman (Bomberman)
7.70% chance
53.95% want

Bomberman's day may have been blown to smithereens, but he still performed admirably in the want column. Very few of us can say that we don't want him in! His chance isn't exactly something we can all speak highly of, however.

Today we will be rating Kamek's chance and want. I have to point out that Kamek is no mere Mario enemy; he is a main villain in the Yoshi franchise. He's even made appearances in some of the RPGs. But will this be enough of a boost, or will he be tossed aside as a useless Magikoopa?

We also will be predicting Slime's score. Will the slippery son of a goo-n have fan support? The winners of last month's (ouch) predictions are Cheezey Bites and YoshiandToad (a back-to-back winner).

Finally, I can announce a change to the renominations list. Characters will no longer be subjected to a thirty day wait period. You can renominate a character immediately after their day in the spotlight. Part of this is due to the DDoS; part of this is due to the inflexibility of the previous system. All previously rated characters may now receive nominations.

P.S. Please forgive me. I'll do my best to update the music section and keep the OP up to date, but I have very little free time at this point of the year. I'll try my best, but please tolerate some lateness.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
YES FINALLY AFTER A WHOLE MONTH OF ANTICIPATION! (lol just my luck, amiright?)

Kamek: 43%
I honestly think kamek has a lot going for him right now with major appearances in pretty much EVERY recent mario game, including paper mario, Mario and luigi dream team, as well as PLAYABLE in Mario party 9. he has made memorable appearances in new super mario bros wii (where he was wearing peach's dress) as well as in mario galaxy (knocking mario out of peach's castle at the very beginning.)

as for the yoshi franchise, it's recently getting a massive boost with 2 big name titles, so, honestly, a new yoshi rep may be closer than what you think. kamek has already been shown to be the main antagonist in yoshi's new island, and will probably at the very minimum appear in yarn yoshi.

he's considered the most major villain in the franchise by many (besides, baby bowser would be a clone) and would most likely have a very unique moveset. I wouldn't count him out of being playable, ever.

I want all of the original 10 series featured in 64 to get another rep, and I'm especially fond of yoshi's games, so why not? there isn't a reason in the world to not want him for me.

Slime: 6.7% sorry, slime, but you gotta goo.

noms
lucario x5

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
We are back!!!!!!! Great to be back :)
Kamek:
Chance: 10%
I can see Kamek get in IF Yoshi gets another rep, which is unlikely in my opinion.
Want: 50%
A pretty cool character if you ask me!

Prediction for Slime: 5%

Nominations
Sylveon x5

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Kamehameha!
Likelihood: 54% - He's certainly a major Yoshi antagonist, and that series could use more characters, though he's not really required.
Want: 75% - I'd really like to see a new Yoshi character, and Kamek is pretty cool, but, eh, I dunno.

Slime the Bringer of Goo-d Puns
Prediction: 3.45% - GOO-AH HA HA HA! Goo-d joke, guys, that made me smile.

Nominations
Meowth, that's right! x5

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
Kamek

Likelihood: 12% - Honestly, I don't see much of a chance for him. Yoshi is well repped as it is, and Kamek is probably much more recognized as Mario character, and as one he doesn't stand any chance.

Want: 30% - Could be cool, but nothing special

Slime: 3%

Nominations:
Primid x5

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Kamek:
An important character in the Yoshi universe, and the New Super Mario Bros series, often flying on his broomstick powering up other bosses. And that's where his problems lie for me; he's an important part but not a very memorable one as he's the facilitator for some cool boss fights.

Chances: 3%
He has potential moves as a magikoopa, and his broom would make a really interesting recovery (if it isn't just shuttle loop rehashed of course), but his core appearance is his ability to power up other characters. They could make this a thing kinda, by having him drop other monsters with a down-B, but that's more a Lakitu kinda thing to do. Add to the fact Yoshi is so close to the Mario franchise that including Kamek would feel (rightfully or wrongfully; and I argue rightfully) to most fans like a kick to other Mario franchise characters (Jr, Toad, Waluigi) I think it'd be a silly choice to include him; Yoshi doesn't really need the playable characters given his closeness with Mario anyways, and if he did I'd prefer to see the baby bros (though I guess they're more RPG).

Want: 0%
So what's a koopa to do? Become an assist trophy! Honestly Magikoopa is one of my most wanted new assist trophies (after a Fatal Frame character obviously [see the signature], and Protoman [dat whistle]; heck, he even beats platypunk!), the idea of Kamek flying over the stage sprinkling his rainbow dust behind him and causing your character to grow huge wouldn't even be hard to implement (give you a mega-mushroom effect and/or everyone else a mini-mushroom; boom: assist trophy), but it'd be fitting with his character and be awesome as a much needed second Yoshi rep (even if not playable, 'cos really I think Yoshi is too close to the Mario franchise to need another playable character). My want score is a reflection of my want for an assist trophy as well as my lack of want for him as a character. If he were playable, normally I'd say I'd be happy to have another character who'd probably be cool, but it'd be such a waste of a good assist trophy that I'd not be happy to see him even as 'just another character for the roster'.

Slime: 8.7%
He's gotta get more than Bomberman, right? He's still the mascot for Squeenix afterall...

Tails*5
Knuckles*5

(I've finally made it to the plop! Can't wait for Goo-morrow! It'll soon by my shot at the slime light! I may be goo ooze-ly pleased, but that slurp-ainly won't stop me being hyped! It's goo-ing to be blubbly excellent! Slime jelly excited! I'd better score better than Goo-wain at least! Goo say slime goo-ing overboard with the puns? Nonesense! That's im-plop-able!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom