• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Did anyone here have trouble accessing the website last night? I did...
Bomberman
Chances: 5%
I want to say that Bomberman is one of the last remaining viable third party characters, but I would be lying if I did. He would have higher chances than Layton... if his series wasn't dead. After Hudson went bankrupt, Konami bought the Bomberman license and we haven't seen them produce a Bomberman game since. (if they eventually do, they better not use Act Zero Bomberman) I have no idea if Konami is willing to use their characters for SSB4, but I feel as though that it would be a return from Snake or Simon Belmont as I doubt that they would want to represent themselves with Bomberman if they so choose to have a character in SSB4. I think that Bomberman doesn't have too much competition as he is up their with other well known characters like Simon and Pac-Man and Bomberman has had a long history with Nintendo. His series is close with Nintendo as he has had a quite a number of exclusives, most notably on the SNES with the Super Bomberman series and on the N64, and he was in a game with Wario called "Wario Blast: Featuring Bomberman". That being said though, asking for Bomberman in SSB4 is a dream at this point in my opinion because we haven't seen much from Bomberman recently and I think his popularity has been dwindling over the years; I have seen some demand for him but not a whole lot of it since Brawl. Compared to Mega Man, whose series is dying thanks to Capcom not producing/canceling games, I've seen more demand for Mega Man before SSB4's release and even before Brawl's release. It really comes down if Sakurai wants him and Konami wants to put him in but the odds are slim.
Want: 100%
With all of this being said, I would LOVE to see Bomberman in a SSB game! While I know it's probably not going to happen, I've mentioned him as an "impossible character" in that one thread, but I would be happy to see him! When I heard the rumor of a 3rd 3rd party character in Brawl, I thought it was going to be Bomberman! (though Mega Man would have been the more likely choice...) Bomberman has been a part of my childhood with Bomberman 64 and I can't help but love the little guy. I see so much moveset potential and I think that he would be a fun character to play as since he would bring something new and unique for the SSB universe. Besides, it's not like he hasn't fought before.

If he was more likely, then he would be one of my top 5 newcomers. Right now, he's in the top 10. I know that he's unlikely, but I still wish to see him.

Kamek Prediction: 12.5%
While he would be one of the more logical choices for a second character to represent the Yoshi series, I don't see the series getting a second rep.

Nominations: Bowser Jr. 4x, Captain Rainbow 1x

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Likely hood 5%
Sorry bomberman lost every last drop of hope from hudson's ending and that the 3ds bomberman game got canceled the only hope is if sakurai knows the creator of bomberman and that creator wants him in

Want 70%
A dream that will unfortunatly not come true ( i know the ridley one might )

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Bomberman blows 'em away!

Likelihood: 5%
He has to deal with the elephant in the room that is Snake. I'm pretty sure Sakurai won't allow more than one rep per company. It's a real shame, because Bomberman is right at home with Nintendo and is definitely a legendary 3rd party character.

Want: 70%
Solely for nostalgia. I haven't played a Bomberman game in years, but he was pretty big part of my childhood.

Kamek prediction: 12%

Nominations: Ashley (WarioWare) x 5

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
I hope you guys take the time to read this

Bomberman

Chance 10%:Bomberman started off as a sort of puzzle/action genre, and then evolved into much much more. He went on to have Adventure games, open world, minigame collections, party games, racing games, multiplayer games, and even a crossover game with Wario. Bomberman has had 34 games that are exclusive to nintendo titles, and he has been in 50+ games that were on nintendo consoles and other ones. I heard somewhere he has appeared in many of the early nintendo comics. He dates all the way back to the NES era, and has had games on the NES, SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy color, N64, Gamecube, Gameboy advance, Nintendo DS, Wii, and has been on virtual console games for the 3ds. So he has been on EVERY nintendo console except for the virtual boy and the Wii U, but he will likely appear on the wii U at some point. Bomberman, Sonic, some square enix characters in fortune street and mario hoops 3 on 3, and recently Maxwell from scribblenaughts are the only third party characters that have ever been in a crossover game with nintendo outside of smash. The game he crossed over in was called wario blast: ft. Bomberman for the gameboy.
Hudson soft, the creators of Bomberman, also had close ties with nintendo, they developed all of the mario party games except for mario party 9. Bomberman, I believe, is a pretty wanted third party character, in fact, one of the most wanted.

So after hearing all of this, you'd think he would be practically a Shoo-in for smash 4, Well sadly Hudson has been purchased by Konami, and that lowers his chances like crazy for 2 reasons:
1. Konami hasnt made a traditional bomberman game in a really long time, so as Groose said, much like Megaman, he has fallen.
2. We already have snake as a konami rep...
Sadly because of Konami, his chances are almost obliterated. :(

Want: 100%
In case you couldnt tell, i am a huge fan of Bomberman, despite not playing one in a very long time. Bomberman generations was basically my childhood game along with mario sunshine, mario kart double dash, pokemon 3rd gen, pikmin, sonic adventure 2 battle, and melee. His games were so fun and i have so many memories of them. whether it be from the awesome story mode, or the AMAZING multiplayer mode, which is a mix between strategy, reaction time, and action. Seeing him in smash would make me ridiculously happy, and i would main him in a second.

Kamek: 13%

nominations
Rayman x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Moneyfrenzy, a minor correction: Mario Party DS was created by Hudson Soft as well.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Bomberman's chances: 5%
Want: 60%

Kamek prediction: 10.46%

Meowth x5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Bomberman:
Chance: 12%
Bomberman has a few things going for him. He's instantly recognisable, and I think he's probably more globally recognised than a lot of people give him credit for. His cute and cartoony looks mix well with the more comical looking smashers. He's also had a crossover with one of the Smash Bros. cast already; Wario.

Unfortunately that's about all that's going for him; he's now Konami owned, which means he'd have to blow Snake up and out of the way to become the Konami rep. Since he was original Hudson's property, there's a chance Konami wouldn't want to do that anyway; he's not THEIR baby.
Even if Bomberman could get rid of Snake his chances wouldn't be hugely high either; Simon Belmont stands in his way, and probably even closer ties to Nintendo than Bomberman does.
There's also the small issue of Bomberman's moveset being mostly...bomb related, but if Sakurai can make freaking Pac-Man playable, I'm sure Bomberman wouldn't be a problem.

Want: 95%
Of the Konami possibilities, frankly I'd rather have White Bomber over both Snake(who has almost sod all reason to be included in a NINTENDO ALL STARS game*) and Simon(who would be mostly there so we can get the Captain N cast back together). Unlike these two I personally have a history with Bomberman, and Atomic Bomberman was probably one of the few games I played an insane amount of during my younger years. Bomberman, Megaman, Pacman, "Jumpman" and err...hedgehog man... would be the ideal roster for me of video game all stars.

*Yes I'm aware it's been eight years since Snake was revealed to be in Brawl; I still find his inclusion a weird-ass choice.

Kamek: 8.5%
It seems to be almost universal that Yoshi doesn't need any other reps outside the titular dinosaur, although a lot of people agree that if one other character was selected to represent the Yoshi series; it'd be Kamek.

Nominations: X5 Meowth

(cripes that took about three hours to post. Stop going down forums)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Bomberman:

Likelihood: 2%

Want: 5%

Kamek Prediction: 13%

Nominations:
5x Snake

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Bomberman: 0%
He's gotta deal with both Snake and Simon, who are bigger Konami characters than Bomberman.

Want: 10%
Simon plz

Mach Rider x5

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I didn't need to give Kamek my votes? He would have come first anyways? Though it is nice to see Jaytalks voting for him too :)

Bomberman:

Chance: 7%
I gave him 3% back on Simon Belmont's day, so my research has certainly helped my opinions of his chances... but probably not enough. DynaBlaster has had a lot of Ninty crossovers and clearly has a part in their history. The creator probably has contact with Sakurai through friends of friends, and I wouldn't be surprised (60% chance) if they try and get Bomberman in the game, but they don't have the final decision; Konami owns it. I think there'll be more pressure on Konami for DynaBlaster, and I can see a small chance of them saying okay to it, but it's even smaller without other conditions. Konami own Bomberman, but they didn't make it, so they'll not consider it a rep for their company I suspect; as such they'll likely only accept if they can get something more from Smash (defo keeping Snake, possibly adding Simon) and I don't know if Sakurai will be happy with that; after-all: time constraints. This in my opinion actually improves Simon's chances because he becomes part of a bargaining agreement for Dynablaster. There are however so many different concerns with this, and so many places these talks could fall down that I don't think it very likely we'll see the agreement made, and that's assuming it even gets to talks..

Want: 15%
I've still only played one of his games, and that very briefly, so I can't say I'd be too excited for his inclusion. In fact one of the biggest reasons on this want is the greater chance I believe it gives Simon to be in the game, and that's pretty sad. I should probably want him more, he's probably much more worthy than I give him credit, but I'm just not a Bomberman fan I'm afraid. Sorry.

Kamek: 13%
Kamek would be a Yoshi rep, but Yoshi is so associated with Mario I'm not sure he needs to have any more reps, or that Kamek would be considered a good choice rep over Bowser Jr (different series, but so closely related the lines blur). That's my opinion mind you, but I feel others will share.

Slime*5
(After goomorrow it should be my shot at the slime-light!)

*I've missed this thread in the last few days.*

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Bomberman
Chance: 3%
He is third party...

Want 10%

Prediction for Kamek: 11.79%

Nominations
Sylveon x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Bomberman

Chance - 2% - Competing with both Snake and Simon Belmont for the third party slot, he feels badly dwarfed by both. He may have some outside chance by outside pressure, but I don't think it will amount to much.

Want - 50% - Uncaring. Doesn't matter to me.

Kamek Prediction - 11% - Most people don't think we'll get a second Yoshi rep, though he will get a better rating than every other possible Yoshi newcomer.

Nominations
Anna X3
Hades X2

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Bomberman

Chance 5% not really happening.

Want: 55%, 70% if they give him a poppy bros. costume.

Kamek Prediction: 12.46% he's going to get MAJORLY underrated. I have a strong hunch he will be in, due to multiple reasons, such as the TWO new Yoshi games, and Kamek becoming WAY more important since Brawl.

Nominations:
Daroach x4
Phoenix Wright, why not?

Groose

Smash Champion
Well... with the Great Smash DDoS of 2013 seemingly finished, we have to pick up where we left off. The day should have ended a while ago... but... well...
I think I'll let this one run for another solid 30+ hours because of the current situation. I mean... wow was the schedule messed up. Please bare with me as I try to return things to a state of normalcy.

And there is also the fact that the site is still a bit crash happy and I've had to switch browsers just to post this...

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Bomberman
Chance: 18%
He's kinda underrated, but PAC Man is above him for third Parties, but Bomberman would be my next choice definitely.
Want: 50% I'm sorta meh with him, but definitely I'd choose him after PAC Man.

Kamek:
12%
Not really happening, but it'd be cool.

Noms
Meowth x5

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
OMG I MISSED THIS PLACE SO MUCH I LOVE YOU ALL

Anyway, with that out of the way.

Bomberman
Likelihood: 24% - Like Simon, if Snake gets cut, he has a great chance of getting in. Like Simon, because of the unlikeliness of Snake being cut, he's in quite a mess.
Want: 86% - Oh, how I remember the days when I played Bomberman 64, and how I couldn't get past that goddamned fire level... good times~

MUSIC TIME! Masker (Bomberman 64) - Stage Select (Bomberman 64) - Blue Resort (Bomberman 64)

Kamek
Prediction: 24.99% - Eh.

Nominations
Meowth x5

Groose

Smash Champion
Poor Bomberman. His day came with such poor timing...
Eh... things are chaotic, but it may not mean much in the end. I'm extending the day until he gets the normal amount of votes, so it really shouldn't matter too much.

Just a small note for Groose: I believe you've forgotten to add Toad to the re-nomination list.
I'm on it. I blame the DDoS, though.
OMG I MISSED THIS PLACE SO MUCH I LOVE YOU ALL
MUSIC TIME! Masker (Bomberman 64) - Stage Select (Bomberman 64) - Blue Resort (Bomberman 64)
Indeed. I'll add that music in due time.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Bomberman blew up Smashboards! Thankfully they have respawned and we can continue our fun.

Bomberman - 4%
As a base concept, the idea of Bomberman in Smash is fascinating: with Snake not really being a Nintendo-centric character, instead replace him with fellow Konami character Bomberman who could theoretically inherit his explosive-filled playstyle with appropriate tweaks for the new persona. As a "will this actually happen?" scenario, though, it feels awfully unlikely. Remember, Snake was in Brawl not because of Konami, but rather because of his creator Kojima, and he had asked as early as Melee for the honor. Assuming Kojima and Sakurai both liked Snake's inclusion and are still on friendly terms, it seems far more likely that Snake simply returns as a fan favorite than for Sakurai to approach Konami itself and ask for a totally different character that would require a brand new design. It's plausible I suppose, and a very interesting idea, but I doubt its in the cards.
Want - 25% - Again, I like the idea. I just happen to like Snake a whole lot more, especially after his stellar appearance in Brawl.

Kamek Prediction - 7.5%
Seems like a character a lot of users won't care for. Then again, I'm not a Yoshi fan, so what do I know?

Nominations
Black Shadow x5

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
Bomberman chance: 12.23%
Third party. Not much else to say

Bomberman want: 70%
I always like playing with bombs. Bombernan could have a pretty great final smash.

Kamek prediction:25%
He's be fun with magic and such.

Anthony Higgs x10
I was trying that Price is Right strategy for a week or so and it finally paid off.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Bomberman's day came with such explosive ferocity that the very forum crashed!...he's probably watching us...

Bomberman

Chance: 15% - He was a popular choice in the ol' Brawl days, but has since fallen. His acquisition by Konami makes things worse. However if Snake doesn't work out and Sakurai want's a "replacement rep" for Konami then Bomberman is sure to fit the bill. Personally, I believe Sakurai chooses 3rd party characters based on their own merits and contributions and not how well they represent a company but that's for another time.

Want: 80% - After Megaman and Isaac, Bomberman could've possibly been my third most wanted character for Brawl. And he still ranks rather high. I loved Bomberman 64 and Bomberman Hero so I would not at all be against him.

Kamek Prediction: 21% - Next in line for another Yoshi series character...that's IF the series gets another character.

Nominations:
Cless (Tales of Phantasia) x5

Eh... not today, but maybe in Day 57. I really just want us to get back to a state of normalcy, you know?
Why doncha' make 10 nomintations a part of that day 60 plan? Unless that was already part of the plan.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Bomberman chances: 5%. He isn't near as popular as Mega Man, either among the Smash Bros. fandom or the world at large. This goes for pretty much all third parties besides Pac-Man.

Want: 70%.

Kamek prediction: 20%.

Ganon X5

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I had to go back to see if I already posted for this day before the servers went down...
Bomberman: Chance-5% Third party, yes, but he's also one of the very few who's iconic enough to make it. That being said, Konami's already got one guy, and if they get another, it has a big chance of being Simon.
Want-45% I do love Bomberman, but I fail to see what all his moveset could bring. If he was Nintendo, I'd say go for it, but I think there are third party characters who could have much more interesting movesets.

Predict Kamek 19%

Nominate Mona x5

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
Thank god the servers are back :p

Bomberman

Likelihood: 15% - Honestly, he has a decent chance. If Snake gets cut, I see him as the most probable character, mainly because of his "iconic" status

Want: 80% - He would be such a great addition

Kamem: 14%

Nominations:
Primid x5

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
God, it feels like we've been rating bomberman for like 3 weeks now.. when will this day end?!

:p

Forde

Smash Cadet
Oh my god its awesome this is back.

So, are we still working on bomberman?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom