• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
Starfy: 5%
Want: 10%
Hey, it's another character I can beat the stuffing out of - that's it. I don't even recognize what he could do besides being an assist trophy.

Karate Joe: 20%

Nom:
Billy Hatcher 5x

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I have a question, can you nominate the same character more than once?
What do you mean exactly?

You can do...

A character x5

And use up your five nominations that way. That what you're asking?

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
What do you mean exactly?

You can do...

A character x5

And use up your five nominations that way. That what you're asking?
Yes, that is what I meant. More so, I mean with each new character to vote on, can we then NOMINATE the same character we had the day earlier?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yes, that is what I meant. More so, I mean with each new character to vote on, can we then NOMINATE the same character we had the day earlier?
Um... Are you asking can you nominate the same character two times in a row?

Caues that's a yes.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Starfy
Chances: 20%
While I think he'd be one of the surprises for me, I still feel this is one of those characters that has a very good chance to come up and receive playable status. Don't know much of his series, but I am aware of his impact in Japan and his relative fame there.

Want: 50% Again, complete indifference. I don't hate him, but I have never really cared for his series.

Karate Joe
Prediction: 9%. I personally think he'd merit more, but a lot of people here won't take Rhythm Heaven seriously. Even though it's kind of rather huge and one of Nintendo's recent hits.

Nominations
x5 Porky Minch

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Starfy
Chances: 10% I don't really see much of a potential moveset there, but stranger things have happened, I s'pose.
Want: 20% Eh, not particularly fond of the guy, but if they managed to give him an interesting moveset, I wouldn't mind.
Karate Joe prediction: 21%

Nominate x3 Robin x2 Porky

Am I doing this game right? Cause I'm new here... I've been lurking for a while, but yeah...

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
So I'll add some for a music section that could use a few extras (mainly because my favorite songs weren't included)

Gaur Plains (Day) - just a wide open theme for the first big area in the game
He's Still a Tuna... err... I mean Satorl Marsh (Night) - one of the prettiest songs to go with the prettiest area
Mechonis Field - got a sort of sweeping electronic feel to it, but also pretty chill

(Wait for the singing in Satorl Marsh to get what I mean...)

For F-Zero, I wanted to post Death Wind just so that I could also link the remix "When the Wind Blows" by Beej. But I can't find it anywhere on the YouTubes. I guess since VGMix died and never returned it's not hosted anywhere? I have it on my computer but...

I don't think you really need me to tell you about Mute City, Big Blue or White Land for F-Zero, but there are links if you want them.

Speaking of Beej, if you want to know why I'd want to link to his remix, check out his awesome remix of the Dark World theme from A Link to the Past: Fragments of Gold

It's too bad we don't have more Mega Man characters to rate... But then you'd need to post like a dozen songs.

farvin111

Smash Journeyman
Chance: 15%
Sakurai doesn't like Starfy for whatever reason. However, Starfy is from an as of yet unrepped series, so it has that going for it.

I don't care about him.

Karate Joe: 16.48%

x5 Scrooge McDuck

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Just a little heads up: The Mecha Drago Battle and Battle Against the Masked Man links under the Masked Man section lead to the same track. The Battlefield theme from Melee under the intro section's link is dead. And as suggestions I'd add Lower Norfair under Ridley's section, cut one of the Vs Ridley themes for that, and add Bowser Jr's theme from Galaxy 1 under his section.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Starfy
likelihood: I hardly know this character other than his apperance in smash. People are getting me confused by giving him good scores and bad scores so I have no idea. I'm going to opt out on this one.
Want: 5%
I don't see him as a fighter, but If Sakurai can prove he can fight I guess I will change my mind...

Karate Joe
Prediction: 2%
seeing that one guy vote for Karate Joe each day made me laugh each time

Nominations:
Dixie Kong x5

D

Deleted member

Sakurai doesn't like Starfy for whatever reason. However, Starfy is from an as of yet unrepped series, so it has that going for it.
Sakurai doesn't hate Starfy.
"Sometimes you may wonder "Stafy, why did you even come here?!" But that's part of his charm."
-Sakurai on Brawl's website
He's poking fun of how nearly useless Starfy is that you actually do wonder why you got him instead of a more useful Assist Trophy like Knuckle Joe.

Groose

Smash Champion
Thanks everyone for the music (epsecially Jaytalks, you've really overdone yourself). I'm working on incorporating them into the OP now.

Just a little heads up: The Mecha Drago Battle and Battle Against the Masked Man links under the Masked Man section lead to the same track. The Battlefield theme from Melee under the intro section's link is dead. And as suggestions I'd add Lower Norfair under Ridley's section, cut one of the Vs Ridley themes for that, and add Bowser Jr's theme from Galaxy 1 under his section.

I appreciate it. I must have forgotten to copy the link for one of the Mother themes; Rildey was kinda difficult because his theme carries across the entire series.

Ah, yeah. You have five nominations a day. Use them on whoever you want, but please try and make sure its a character most are familiar with and one who may actually have a chance in hell.

I actually prefer it when people nominate the same character five times, though I don't mind when people split nominations. Easier to update the noms list when all five are used on one person. :p. Yeah, I'm lazy.

Starfy
Chances: 10% I don't really see much of a potential moveset there, but stranger things have happened, I s'pose.
Want: 20% Eh, not particularly fond of the guy, but if they managed to give him an interesting moveset, I wouldn't mind.
Karate Joe prediction: 21%

Am I doing this game right? Cause I'm new here... I've been lurking for a while, but yeah...

Perfect! Welcome to the boards, small fry!

So I'll add some for a music section that could use a few extras (mainly because my favorite songs weren't included)

Gaur Plains (Day) - just a wide open theme for the first big area in the game
He's Still a Tuna... err... I mean Satorl Marsh (Night) - one of the prettiest songs to go with the prettiest area
Mechonis Field - got a sort of sweeping electronic feel to it, but also pretty chill

(Wait for the singing in Satorl Marsh to get what I mean...)

For F-Zero, I wanted to post Death Wind just so that I could also link the remix "When the Wind Blows" by Beej. But I can't find it anywhere on the YouTubes. I guess since VGMix died and never returned it's not hosted anywhere? I have it on my computer but...

I don't think you really need me to tell you about Mute City, Big Blue or White Land for F-Zero, but there are links if you want them.

Speaking of Beej, if you want to know why I'd want to link to his remix, check out his awesome remix of the Dark World theme from A Link to the Past: Fragments of Gold

It's too bad we don't have more Mega Man characters to rate... But then you'd need to post like a dozen songs.
I'm sure someone will nominate Mega Man X or Zero at some point before launch. When they do, I'll be ready.

Oh, and you don't need to tell me about F-Zero... I have my half a dozen tracks already planned for Samurai Goroh. :p

Starfy's Chances: 20%
He's been recognized by Sakurai when he received Assist Trophy status. His games are popular in Japan and he has gone international. Even so, his moveset potential isn't the greatest and Sakurai chose him to be the joke Assist Trophy---does he see him as a possible contender? I just can't tell. The roster is limited this time around, too... so he may just lose out.

Starfy Want: 25%
It'd be cool to have him fight the likes of Kirby and Jigglypuff. But we already have a couple of cutesy characters, and I'd prefer many a potential newcomer.

Karate Joe Prediction: 8.65%
Ignorance will slay him before he can even begin. I'm calling it.

Professor Layton x5!

Groose

Smash Champion
Starfy (The Legendary Starfy)
30.92% chance
40.03% want

Starfy's efforts don't rank among the best we've seen so far, but they were certainly admirable coming this late into the game. He managed a respectable chance and want percentage---maybe he is an All-Star, after all.

Today we'll be rating a relative unknown. Karate Joe is the most recurring of all characters in the Rhythm Heaven franchise, which is very popular in Japan. Is that title enough to earn him a spot in Smash? Please leave your chance and want on Karate Joe today.

WARNING! CHALLENGER RE-APPROACHING! Ridley has received 100 nominations, so will we also be rating him again today. Will he receive the push he needs to surpass K. Rool? Or have his chances decreased over time? Please leave your chance and want on Ridley today.

Finally, tomorrow we will be rating Samurai Goroh. Please predict how Samurai Goroh will perform in tomorrow's game. Doing so can earn you extra nominations, like those won by BltznBurst. Tsk tsk tsk... few people even came close in Starfy's prediction.

I can also announce that Lucina has been added to the renominations list once more.

And before I go---- check out the music section. It was updated yesterday, and it will be updated later today with the suggestions you've left for me on the last page or two. Massive thanks!

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Oh boy
Karate Joe: 10% He is only popular in Japan and almost unknown everywhere else, pretty sure more important characters will get in before him
Karate Joe want: 50% Indifferent

Ridley Chance: 50% It all depends on Sakurai this time around and we all know this guy is CRAAAAZZZYYYYY!

Ridley Want: 70% If he didn't get in I would expect it but MAN it'd be cool to play as him

Samurai Goroh: 30% More people should get in before him but I wouldn't mind. F-Zero doesn't necessarily need another rep and people understand that.

Nominations: x5 Chibi-Robo

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Karate Joe
Likelihood: He doesn't have a chance in hell. 35%
Want: JESUS CHRIST. 100%

Ridley
Likelihood: 42%
Want: 50%

Samurai Goroh: 39%

Ashley x5

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Karate Joe:

Likelihood: 30% - I think that if Sakurai wants to go for another obscure character, Karate Joe is a decent choice for that. He seems fairly popular in Japan, and isn't completely unknown outside of Japan either. He's one of the more likely obscure characters for sure, but he's also got some competition, and whether we'll see another obscure character past Wii Fit Trainer remains unknown.

Want: 20% - Honestly, I'm not familiar with Rhythm Heaven very much, besides what I've read on these forums I know nothing about it. I'd not be too happy about him taking a spot, but I could probably warm up to him.

Ridley:

Likelihood: 85% - 5% over what I gave him in my past prediction. I don't think he's a lock, but thinking things through, he's just a very viable choice which would be very well received, and one of the only characters left that'd get as good a reception as many of the Brawl newcomers. They've pulled off harder characters in the past too, and contrary to the popular belief of haters he's easily scaled down, and I can give you 102 reasons why he isn't too big.

Want: 10000% (or just 100% :() - Giving the same explanation as I did last time: He's my favorite video game character of all-time, and he was the sole reason I started to get into Metroid, which is now my favorite video game series of all-time. I was heartbroken when he wasn't playable in Brawl, and I'd be absolutely devastated if he isn't included this time around.

Samurai Goroh Prediction: 17%

Nominations:
5x Lucas

EDIT: Forgot Samurai Goroh Prediction.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Karate Joe: 5%
Want: 25%
Ridley: 0% too big. jk 90%
Want: 100%
Samurai Goroh: 25%

Lucas x 5

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
Karate Joe:
Likelihood: 30%
Want: 20%
Again, it's another face on the roster I've never heard of.

Ridley:
Likelihood: 65%
Want: 70%
Can't decide. For once, this is a character I know of - but that doesn't help him very much.

Goroh:
Chances: 5%
He most likely return as an assist trophy.

Nomination:
Billy Hatcher 5X

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Karate Joe time!

Likelihood: 10%
I know Rhythm Heaven's pretty big, but...I just don't see it.

Want: 2%
Eh.

Speaking of big...Ridley time! :troll:

Likelihood: 87%
I see him as ridiculously likely. This hasn't changed since last time.
It's Ridley!

Predicting a 38% for Samurai Goroh.

Nominating Falco x5

D

Deleted member

Karate Joe
Chance: 8%
Rhythm Heaven is popular but I am unsure if it is worthy enough to warrant a character on the roster; maybe a Rhythm Heaven stage will do just fine to represent the series. I don't have much else to say really...
Want: 0%
I don't know him therefore I don't want him.

Ridley
Chance: 70%
Ridley is a very popular character; he is probably one of the most requested characters of all-time.
Skip to 0:43. This is the reactions to the E3 trailer for Melee many years ago and... notice how many people screamed around 0:43? Those were probably reactions to Ridley possibly being on the roster. So yeah, a lot of people want Ridley and he would definitely fit in with the characters in the SSB universe. However, the main argument against Ridley is infamously "Ridley is too big." I personally think that resizing is definitely possible to make him the size of let's say Bowser or King Dedede. It all depends if Sakurai wants the team to put in such an effort to do that. He's not a lock, but he has chances.
Want: 90%
I was so disappointed that he was a boss and not a playable character. Besides, Ridley is pretty cool.

Goroh Prediction: 50.4%
I think that he will get average scores.

Nominations: Sonic 5x

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Karate Joe:
Sure he's been in all three RT games, but Marshall appears to be the primary mascot, that or the girl, so I think he's lower chances than those two.

Chance: 8%
I love the Rhythm games, but I don't think they suit a playable character, it's far more a stage, given how varied the game is. I see him as an AT though.

Want: 1%
It's be great to have a Rhythm rep, but want Marshall or rhythm girl instead, and I wouldn't be annoyed if neither of those made it either. If he got in I'd be thankful we got a Rhythm rep, but not of the character.

Ridley:
He's sooo big though... but I'll put that aside for now.

Chance: 40%
A super heavy flying character would be new, and he'd be cool to rep Metroid given it kinda needs more love... but Samus is a loner, and he is big. I know both of these aren't particularly good reasons against him, but they're there, and I see him being fairly hard to implement/balance anyway. I think with the US demand he'll be heavily considered, but I think he'll not make the cut, or just end up cut short of time.

Want: 60%
As I said he'll bring a lot to the game, so it'd be cool, but he's not a big want of mine; Samus is a loner as I said, and I feel it'd suit her staying that way on the Roster.

Goroh: 44%
People really want to shove Ganon's old move set on someone, and those that are ignorant of Goroh will think he's a good chance for that. That said, fans will think he's one of the top 2 F-Zero character to consider for a slot (I think Black Shadow's more likely, 'cos DAT SEIYUU but each to their own).

Slime*5
(Oh noes, Kamek's gooing to overtake me... I thought you were gooing to vote slime Gr-ooze?)

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Chance: 7% well that franchise to me looks like it hasn't done enough to deserve having a playable character but assist trophy? stage? SURE.
Want: 5% Wno? XD

Ridley: 75% Probably one of if not THE most requested newcomers but though I don't buy into that too big bull **** it is obvious that he's going to take a lot of work to implement well as that "pretty impossible" quote of Sakurai shows, Ridley is a character that at this point should be taken into serious consideration for the developing team and yes, he should get in over K. Rool but if they're intimidated by the prospect of making it or he just doesn't work out lowers his chances
Want: 100% F*CK YEAH!

Goroh: 28.5% He competes with Black Shadow for a spot that within all probability won't even be considered in the first place :/ Samurai Goroh is probably the more likely of the two though :p

Mr. Game and Watch x4 and ummm Omastar x1 :troll: (i'm assuming his votes aren't prohibited any more but if so give that nom back to G&W :p)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Karate joe

Likely hood 10%
Who's karate joe and how is he even possible

Want 0%
Same as above

Ridley (round 2)

Likely hood 70%
Most requested can be resized and its up to sakurai to let him in as a character and probably will since he is think about the fans in the latest interview

Want 100%
GIVE ME MY FAVORITE VILLIAN

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Karate Joe - As far as stages goes, Rhythm Heaven better get a friggin' Smash Remix, it'd be awesome. Karate Joe himself? 1.5%

Ridley - 82.5% A score I stand by for this essential all-star villain.

predict the Goroh gets an 8%

Ryu x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Karate Joe: 10%
I hadn't heard of him before coming here, nor have I seen any mention of Rhythm Heaven in Smash yet.

Not fond of his design, really. :/

Ridley:
Likelihood: 80%
Want: 70%

Nominations: Ashley (WW) x 5

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I have no idea who Karate Joe is, so I'm not going to rate him.

Ridley. Likelihood: 85% High potential, and Metroid is seriously underrepped, Ridley is also by far the most viable newcomer for Metroid, and a very viable choice for a newcomer overall at that.

Want: 100% HECK YEAH! Ridley's awesome, and he's probably 98% wanted by other Smash and Nintendo fan.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Karate Joe
Likelihood: 7%
Want:100%
If Karate Joe gets in it will remind me of the good times we had here on Smashboards!
I salute you Karate Joe

Ridley
Likelihood: 70%
Somedays I wake up and I feel optimistic about it, others not so much. I will say I feel he deserves anywhere between 50%-90% so I averaged the two.
At this point Ridey is the only character that can upstage Megaman and create a new era of smash! I imagine he will be the grand finale final reveal.

Samurai Goroh
Prediction: 18%

Nominations:
Dixie Kong x5

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Karate Joe
Chance: 20% He's from a relatively popular series that's so far unrepresented, which I feel gives Rhythm Heaven a good shot at some kind of representation. However, it's a series without a central character, which leaves it in an odd place. RH's best shot for representation this time around is a stage.
Want: 60% That being said, I really don't know much about the series, but it looks like a very strange, very Japanese one. KJ is the kind of character who would add the fun, wacky element that sets SSB apart from other fighters.

Ridley
Chance: 75% Metroid really needs another rep, and Ridley is probably the only character who could fill that role. Sakurai has no problem sizing up characters, (Kirby, Olimar, etc.) so sizing down Ridley shouldn't be too much of a hassle.
Want: 100% He's a space dragon who's also a pirate. What part of that is not badass?

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
Karate Joe chance: 6%
Not very recognizable

Karate Joe want: 10%
I don't really want another character with minimal colours.

RIDLEY chances: 90%
I think at this point he has to be included.

RIDLEY want: 100%
No one else would be better in a fighting game.

Samurai Goroh prediction: 18%

Anthony Higgs x5

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Karate Joe:

Likelihood: 12%
Although he is the reoccurring character in his own respective series, it all depends on what Sakurai thinks of the series, more specifically whether or not it is significant enough to include a character, though after looking at a few videos, an AT would be cool.
Want: 15%
Not too familiar, and I would much rather have other characters, plain and simple.

Ridley

Chance: 88%
Its Ridley. His inclusion has been talked about over and over, so I wont beat a dead horse. (Someone in the prediction thread was talking about creating a flowchart for all the Ridley arguments, I might just do that.) Anyways, Me and many others would be shocked if he wasnt included.
Want: 95%
Yes please. Dragon type monster in smash? Hell yes.

Samurai Goroh: 26.6%
I dont think his chances are too high, but he probably has the best shot amongst new F-Zero characters.

Noms:
Rayman x3
Skull kid x2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom