• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Karate Joe: 20%
I can definitely see him as a decent candidate for an Assist Trophy, but not so much as a playable character.
Want: 5%

Ridley: 60%
Ridley is without a doubt the most requested Nintendo character among Western Smash fans. I think he has a decent chance, but I worry about them using the Other M design over the more traditional look seen in Brawl.
Want: 70%

Samurai Goroh: 15%

Noms:
Captain Syrup X5
Agree with your Ridley I'm not scared to Amit this but I love love love the other m Ridley design

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Karate Joe

Likelihood - 10%
I was introduced to this character through SmashChu's theorized roster a few months ago. He's visible and under-the-radar enough to slip in as a second shock character, which I'm wagering we will get. Whether that character is Joe specifically? It's entirely up in the air, but it would defeat the purpose of these characters being shocking if they had chances based on anything but being shocking, so he still ranks lowly for me.

Want - 10%
He'd be same predictably walking, talking gag character Wii Fit Trainer is, but in relation to dancing. No, thank you.

Ridley

Likelihood - 90%
My rationale hasn't changed since my first ranking. I do want to point out that, for both Ridley and K. Rool, the confidence I previously felt in their inclusions has faded somewhat. I'm not diminishing my ranking for Ridley here (and won't for K. Rool later) because I still believe that he is highly likely based on noticeable character criteria that I believe to be objective (him being an important, recurring fan-favorite who fits into the heavyweight and villain character archetypes recurring among Smash newcomers). I'll just say that, if he does not become playable in spite of this, I will not be shocked; though I do not believe in any of the current bullsh*t rumors, they have refreshed me regarding how massive a variable Sakurai is, and that he can pull any number of abstract stunts at the expense of popular characters and have the masses either handwave them away or defend them fervently, both under the excuse of 'it's still a good game.'

Want - 90%
I'll use this space to point out the reason I'd rather see Ridley playable than as a boss, considering the opposite has been brought up in debates as an ideal solution using some variation of the following: Ridley can be more believable/awesome/in-character/potato as a boss because he can have more massive and unbalanced attacks.

The unspoken fear this sentiment contains is that as a character, Ridley is insultingly diminished because he's holding back, he can wear Bunny Hoods, he can be walked off edges and be tossed around like a rag doll. Beyond the obvious dismissal of this as subjective and precedented through other playable badasses, I feel that, as a boss, Ridley is even worse off. In Brawl, the moment his small collection of attacks is committed to memory, he becomes a pathetic pushover that, on a good day, can be rushed through in a matter of seconds...a mobile vegetable, if you will. As a character, players have no shortage of opportunity to compete with Ridley, potentially putting up intense fights or winning major competitions utilizing the devilish and cunning tactics so synonymous with the character.

tl;dr Both roles offer the potential for both abject humiliation and ruthless dominance, but I feel the ceiling for the latter is far higher with playable Ridley, whereas the floor(?) for the former is far lower with boss Ridley.

Samurai Goroh Prediction - 28.5%
Poor guy.

Nominate
K. Rool x5

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
Ridley

Chance: 65% - He's the biggest omission of the entire franchise thus far, and with pretty much every other obvious choice covered in Brawl, there's no character-based reason for him to be out. That said, obviously there's some reason he hasn't been implemented yet, so maybe Sakurai knows something we don't.

Want: 90% - I have no issue with Villager or Wii Fit Trainer, but it's time to bring in someone with some edge

Karate Joe

Chance: 8% - There's a lot of competition among main characters of lesser known franchises, I don't see him making the cut

Want: 10% - He seems like he could be kind of fun but there are a ton of characters I'd want before him

Samurai Goroh - 5%
If he hasn't gotten in by now, he's not getting in this year without an F-Zero game since 2004. I'd be satisfied with just getting Captain Falcon back.

Nominations: Ghirahim x5

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
a lot of people are missing out on rhythm heaven. Too bad for them.

Erm... what?
It doesn't really have anything to do with you personally, just
my cousin calls groose goose and he was here at the moment. Sorry for any confusion.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Karate Joe:

Chance: 25%
Could happen. Why wouldn't he? He's at least suggested a bit. Have no real idea of what he can do though.

Want: 20%
Looks sort of fun. But sort of fun isn't exactly what I'm looking for at all. A well known character with a well written moveset is way more fun for me.

Ridley:

Chance: 55%
Sorry Ridley fans, you are highly overestimating your character's chances, and only base his chances on your own fan-created hype. Sakurai hasn't quite made a real effort making Ridley playable. And has stated there'd probably be some difficulties making him playable. However, he's demanded a lot now. In the West. Am definitely sure Sakurai has heard of his demand by now. And well, he's a lot easier to create a fighter out of now with the Other M model. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make it in this time either.

Want: 85%
I'd like it if Ridley made it in the roster. But for different reasons than most. What I'm most interessted in is how Sakurai would make Ridley, despite having stated the difficulties before. That would proof to me the team that handles Smash has matured in designing movesets. Like, Ridley being the ultimate challenge (that, or making Yoshi competitively viable :smirk: ) And of coarse knowing he listens to Western fan demand. Having Ridley in himself would be cool, and I think I'd enjoy him a lot as an opponent. But nothing screams out of pure excitement to play as the character, nor do I feel Metroid ABSOLUTELY needs Ridley, like he's the ultimate cure for cancer, HIV / AIDS, the plague, the flu, male patterned baldness and STDs. :rolleyes:

Out of vocal protest, I nominate Anthony Higgs x 5

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Karate Joe:

Chance: 25%
Could happen. Why wouldn't he? He's at least suggested a bit. Have no real idea of what he can do though.

Want: 20%
Looks sort of fun. But sort of fun isn't exactly what I'm looking for at all. A well known character with a well written moveset is way more fun for me.

Ridley:

Chance: 55%
Sorry Ridley fans, you are highly overestimating your character's chances, and only base his chances on your own fan-created hype. Sakurai hasn't quite made a real effort making Ridley playable. And has stated there'd probably be some difficulties making him playable. However, he's demanded a lot now. In the West. Am definitely sure Sakurai has heard of his demand by now. And well, he's a lot easier to create a fighter out of now with the Other M model. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make it in this time either.

Want: 85%
I'd like it if Ridley made it in the roster. But for different reasons than most. What I'm most interessted in is how Sakurai would make Ridley, despite having stated the difficulties before. That would proof to me the team that handles Smash has matured in designing movesets. Like, Ridley being the ultimate challenge (that, or making Yoshi competitively viable :smirk: ) And of coarse knowing he listens to Western fan demand. Having Ridley in himself would be cool, and I think I'd enjoy him a lot as an opponent. But nothing screams out of pure excitement to play as the character, nor do I feel Metroid ABSOLUTELY needs Ridley, like he's the ultimate cure for cancer, HIV / AIDS, the plague, the flu, male patterned baldness and STDs. :rolleyes:

Out of vocal protest, I nominate Anthony Higgs x 5
Hmmmmm your kinda making it hard for us to be friends by your last point.....xD.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Ridley

Likelihood: 100%
Why is Ridley on 100%? Well, dat logic behind some people who believed Ridley will be in. I cannot help myself but to join them and rig % up to 100 for no reason! The game is broken anyway at people fault for putting Ridley at too high %.

want: 50%

EDIT: REAL likelihood: 20%
Based on popular - that's about it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ehm, people are putting his Chance % higher than his Want %? What is this? Opposite Day?

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
Karate Joe
chance: 1%
want: 5%
I don't know who this character is

Ridley
chance: 65%
want:100%
Yeah!!! I totally want him in smash!

Samurai Goroh: 9%

nominations:
Majora's Mask Link x5

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Karate Joe

Likelihood: 3% His series seems fairly recent with not alot of games behind them and i'm sure a majority of people aren't aware of his existence. I didn't even know who the hell he was until 2 days ago (google helped).

Want: 1% his design is awful

Ridley

Likelihood: 9% I honestly don't think Sakurai has plans on making any of the bosses in Brawl (like Petey Piranha and Rayquaza) playable in the next game. I mean, the developers put all that time and effort on him in brawl to make him a boss only. They could have easily made him a playable character back then but they didn't. I think that says it all. Plus hes not popular in Japan and they tend to listen to the japanese fans more when it comes to requests. He may have a fanbase in the west but thats not enough to get him in imo.

Want: 0.1% f*** him

Samurai Goroh: 25%

Duck Hunt Dog x5

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ridley

Likelihood: 9% I honestly don't think Sakurai has plans on making any of the bosses in Brawl (like Petey Piranha and Rayquaza) playable in the next game. Plus hes not popular in Japan and they tend to listen to the japanese fans more when it comes to requests. He may have a fanbase in the west but thats not enough to get him in imo.

I don't see why he couldn't make a boss playable. Charizard was a Poke Ball Pokemon before Brawl, and then made the jump to playability.

Also, Sakurai has specifically mentioned that Pit and Sonic got in mainly due to Western popularity.

Groose

Smash Champion
Karate Joe's Chances: 5%
A Rhythm character isn't a lock for Smash. Karate Joe is perhaps the most likely, but, due to the nature of the games, he is not the only one. The series functions a bit like WarioWare in that there are lots of characters who run things. I could see Karate Joe getting spurned for the likes of Marshall or even Rhythm Girl. Oh, and I still find it probable that the series won't get a playable rep at all.

I also see Wii Fit Trainer's 'rhythmical' playing style as a threat to Karate Joe in particular. It's most definitely the style he'd have, too... but he'd do karate instead of yoga.

Karate Joe Want: 30%
He really does remind me of the Wii Fit Trainer. While I don't think they'd be clones, I'm not sure I'd want to see them both enter in the same game. Also, I'm not entirely sold on a Rhythm character being playable, but I wouldn't be heartbroken if one were.

Ridley's Chances: 90%
I actually missed Ridley's day way back when. I wasn't the manager then, and SSBF updated the day while I was lounging on the beach. My thoughts are the same they would have been then... and this time I'm going into detail.

When Sakurai's team looks at popularity in the West among hardcore Smash fans... it's hard not to see Ridley. He's so freaking big here that the team must have noticed. As much as I'd like to say that K. Rool is the biggest name on this side of the pond... in truth, he pales before Ridley. Ridley isn't just restricted to Smashboards... he's everywhere over here.

That 10% chance is if the team deems him too big of a project to tackle. He'd be a difficult character to make... and it's especially complicated this time because the 3DS comes into play. This is probably the most difficult it ever will be to implement him.

However, they know we want him. They know we want him bad.

Ridley's Want: 100%
He's behind only King K. Rool for me.

Samurai Goroh: 32.64%
F-Zero has faded. Unfortunately, Samurai Goroh has gone from being probable to only having a chance. Fortunately, his rival Black Shadow has faded even further.

x5 Professor Layton

x5 Chrom & Lucina
Can I do this? It's reasonable because pairing up is a thing in Awakening and it makes for a unique fighter. If not, x5 Tom Nook.
No problemo. I've added the duo to the nominations list.

It doesn't really have anything to do with you personally, just
my cousin calls groose goose and he was here at the moment. Sorry for any confusion.

Oh, okay! I thought it was supposed to be an inside joke with me, and I wasn't getting it. That's cool!

I don't see why he couldn't make a boss playable. Charizard was a Poke Ball Pokemon before Brawl, and then made the jump to playability.

Also, Sakurai has specifically mentioned that Pit and Sonic got in mainly due to Western popularity.
That's just DarkKry. Some call DarkKry ignorant... some call DarkKry the voice of reason. I'm of the opinion that he/she is brutally honest about his/her beliefs... but no one can say just how right those beliefs are.

Slime*5
(Oh noes, Kamek's gooing to overtake me... I thought you were gooing to vote slime Gr-ooze?)

As amusing as your Slime puns are and as sad as it is seeing you and only you alone voting for Slime, I just can't. I'm just not a fan of Slime, and I'm pretty sure he's going to do pretty poorly; his day doesn't hold much interest to me.

Groose

Smash Champion
Karate Joe (Rhythm Heaven)
12.97% chance
24.71% want

Karate Joe managed to just edge out Lyn... but he still failed to make the top 25 in chance. His want score... is lower than Tingle's. Yeah. 'Nuff said.

Ridley (Metroid)
69.95% chance
84.13% want

Ridley's chance percentage slipped and fell about two percent from his previous rating. Reevaluating him ALMOST made him drop behind Chrom in chance percentage. Fortunately, his want percentage rose over five percent....passing by the likes of Jigglypuff and R.O.B. His new want percentage is only a few percent lower than that of Mewtwo.

Today we will be rating a character whose popularity has fluctuated over the years. He is Samurai Goroh... and he is no stranger to the Smash scene. He's been a stage hazard, he's been in cutscenes, he's been an Assist Trophy. But the questions today are: will he and do you want him to be playable? Please leave your chance and want on Samurai Goroh today. Check out his music section as well---it's the biggest so far!

Finally, please predict how Lucas of Mother will fare in tomorrow's game. Doing so can earn you extra nominations. Cheezeybites (that Slime-ball!) is today's winner... and really the only one who came close. Have fun with an extra five.

Oh... and before I go, I can annouunce that our boy Roy has been added to the nominations list once more.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace

imo i think the bosses in brawl seem like they had a quite a bit of development (to have moves and movement and such) and could have easily been made playable in brawl if the team wanted them to. but they weren't. We'll have to see the roster in the next game if any of the Brawl bosses are playable. And if they aren't then i think this theory rings true (about the Brawl Bosses). I do think previous pokeballs have been given new hope thanks to Charizard but i don't see the same for Brawl story bosses, Master Hand, or Sandbag.

And do you have a source for the second statement?

Groose

Smash Champion
imo i think the bosses in brawl seem like they had a quite a bit of development (to have moves and movement and such) and could have easily been made playable in brawl if the team wanted them to. but they weren't. We'll have to see the roster in the next game if any of the Brawl bosses are playable. And if they aren't then i think this theory rings true (about the Brawl Bosses). I do think previous pokeballs have been given new hope thanks to Charizard but i don't see the same for Brawl story bosses, Master Hand, or Sandbag.

And do you have a source for he second statement?

I could see Porky because he could simply use a different, smaller mech.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

And do you have a source for he second statement?
Ah, it appears I was mistaken on the Pit thing. Looking back, he said that "Pit was popular in both America and Japan." So he actually had universal popularity.

With Sonic though, I believe it says in the SSB4 Info Thread that a vast majority of Sonic support came from the Western audience.

Groose

Smash Champion
Ah, it appears I was mistaken on the Pit thing. Looking back, he said that "Pit was popular in both America and Japan." So he actually had universal popularity.

With Sonic though, I believe it says in the SSB4 Info Thread that a vast majority of Sonic support came from the Western audience.

It doesn't say that on the US Dojo. Maybe it was somewhere else?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I would indeed like to believe Sonic and MegaMan's fandemand came largely from the US. However, both of them are at least well known and popular over there. Maybe not that much for the Smash fans, but they are the literal heads of both of their franchises. And I think Sonic and MegaMan in general are most popular in the US and Japan. Cause over here in Europe, they're really not that popular at all.

Or at least, I don't like them. But I like MegaMan more than Sonic so.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Samurai Goroh: 10%
Granted I don't know much about FZero, but I honestly don't think the series has a need for more characters. Captain falcon seems to cover the bases of racing characters. But another part of me says that Black shadow might be more likely if they were to get another character. But again, I'm pretty ignorant on this subject.
Want:10%

Lucas predicition: 90%

Nomination:
Robinx5

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Goroh time!

Likelihood: 25%

Now, I definitely think Goroh is the obvious choice for an F-Zero newcomer, but...an F-Zero newcomer isn't exactly likely.

Want: 100%
A reckless samurai bounty hunter that drives a fast machine? Yessir.

Prediction for Lucas : 76%

Nominating Falco x5

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Samurai Goroh:

Chance: 30%
He's one of those AT characters everyone disliked when he got confirmed as an AT. Honestly, I'd like it if F-Zero got more equal to the rest of the cast. But perhaps it'll be forever a one rep franchise, much like Yoshi's Island. I even see it much likelier that Wario Ware / Land gets a extra character this time before F-Zero. The fact he's a swordsman also doesn't help much. And IF F-Zero would get a new character, most people would suggest it to be a Captain Falcon clone, or at least semi-clone. Black Shadow taking the moveset of Captain Ganondorf is suggested a lot for example.

Want: 40%
Despite not being a huge fan of F-Zero, he'd be a nice addition. But I want him mostly cause he's apperantly C.Falcon's rival, and would make the most sence to be in Smash alongside him. It's all about equallity babeh. :cool: But I'd have to say, him being a samurai, and also wanting other Eastern swordfighters as Lyn and Takamaru make it difficult for me to rank him too high in Want %s. SORRY DUDE!

I'll do a prediction this time, cause I never do them:

Lucas:lucas: : 80%. Yeah, it's way too low, and Lucas should return. Then again, I suspect a lot of people will not want him due to not being familar to Mother. Also, the same old, lame old 'clone' story.

TO ALL THE HATERS, PLAY SOME MOTHER 3. And EarthBound while you're at it. Yeah, this is a demand. You MUST do it. This is the voice of the deity or prophet you worship, I'm controlled by him. So yeah, do it already. And don't forget to pray. PK LOVE to the world!

I nominate Impa x 5. Let's rate this ***** already.

D

Deleted member

Samurai Goroh
Chances: 29%
As I have mentioned, he, Starfy, Saki, Little Mac, and Issac are the only Assist Trophies that I can see become fighters. With that being said however, do I see him having a big chance? Not really. Nintendo has been neglecting the F-Zero franchise and it's only recent appearance was a minigame in Nintendo Land. With that in mind, this does hurt Goroh's chances by quite a bit. Other than using his sword, Goroh doesn't have as many well-known moves or other sorts of weapons which would make him a bit harder to implement and the ultimate question is if Sakurai and his team really want to create a whole new moveset for him like they did with Captain Falcon. With that said however, that didn't stop characters like Fox and F-Zero's own Captain Falcon to get their spots on the roster with their own unique movesets. Goroh is pretty popular which helps him and if F-Zero got a second playable character it would be him.
Want: 75%
When I was looking at the DOJO!! daily for updates when Brawl was coming around and saw the Assist Trophy, I thought it was pretty cool as it's sort of like a Poke Ball that summons some of Nintendo's characters. But... then I clicked on the Assist Trophy section and saw that Goroh was an Assist Trophy and I was a bit disappointed. So, I would like to see him on the roster. Besides, he's a pretty cool character (especially when interviewed in F-Zero GX).
Lucas Prediction: 94.6%
Screw what GamesRadar said; Lucas is very safe.
Nominations: Sonic 5x

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
Samurai Goroh
Chance: 5%
Not every series needs more than one rep. (However, Ridley deserves to be in more than ever because of the multitudes of fans who want him in the next Smash - although he deserves it, there is no guarantee that he will be in the next Smash. )

Lucas
Chance: 90%
Lucas made the Mother-series fans fond of the Smash series (and they are very defensive about it). Getting rid of Lucas may very well destroy that bond. With Sakurai "almost" pledging to do away with clone characters, perhaps Lucas may be changed for the better?

Nominate:
Billy Hatcher 5x

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
likely hood 25%
only because hes the most liklly of the f-zero newcomers besides black shadow and goroh was an assist trophy

want 25%
only because im interested in another f-zero character

Nominations
Sonic x2
Mewtwo x3

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Samurai Goroh... The bounty hunter who is a Samurai in name only.:troll:

Likelihood: 27%
He has a decent amount of popularity, has made small and big cameos in both Melee and Brawl, and is seen as the go-to character for a new F-Zero rep.

Want: 80%
I would love his inclusion. He IS a Nintendo All-Star and deserves to be included.

Lucas prediction: 82%

Nominations: Ashley (WW) x 5

@Groose
I see Samurai Goroh's music selection is massive. :laugh: I suspect Opossum has a hand in it. :p

I have two music suggestions for Lyn:

Attack:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvymJMU1K9A

Lyn's Desire:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJf0JiRWAY0

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Samurai Goroh:

Chance: 13%
I've said before, I think Black Shadow's the more likely second F-zero Rep, but I only score him 15%. F-zero has kinda had it's day, which is all sorts of sad, and the fact he's an AT is a great nod to the series already; I don't see him getting more. Now, I'm aware however that Sakurai wants to call back classic (retro) series, hopefully with the similar results as Kid Icarus Uprising. I still want a Co-op Ice Climbers platformer btw. And we're also aware Sakurai is an F-Zero fan (falcon got first game props after all), so he may wish to re-start the series, but I don't think he can really.. and I'm pretty sure he's aware of this. I think the better chance to restart the series would be Black Shadow, with his voice, but Goroh is probably the more reasonable character in normal Smash tradition. It's hard, but ultimately, I don't see another F-Zero character unless Sakurai wants to try and revive F-Zero, and I think Goroh is the weaker choice to do this.

Want: 40%
I'll not hide the fact I want Black Shadow more, but any other F-Zero rep would be awesome, and while the Goroh assist was a great nod in itself, I'd like more. I'd be happy with the Representation, and I wouldn't hate the character, but I'd be a touch disappointed it's not Black Shadow. I'd also feel it's a missed trick, or a poorly done one, to try and push the series' much needed resurrection.

Lucas: 98.9%
He's 100/100 surely? So I stole Ganon's chance.

As amusing as your Slime puns are and as sad as it is seeing you and only you alone voting for Slime, I just can't. I'm just not a fan of Slime, and I'm pretty sure he's going to do pretty poorly; his day doesn't hold much interest to me.

Thankyou, I do try; And yeah, sadly I agree he's gonna do poorly. I think more than the 5%, but still not well. DQ isn't that well known in the west, and even in Japan the fans have more call for one of the many goo-man (couldn't resist) characters. I however am of the opinion that if Squeenix gets or makes a call (probably about a Geno AT) then Slime will be their price. But that's for another day, hopefully one not too far away, and I am interested in seeing everyone's arguments for and against him.

Also

Cheezeybites (that Slime-ball!) is today's winner...
Well Played good sir,
I approve! :)

Slime*10
(Cheezey Bites accrooze extra nominations! Cheezey Bites goos wild with slime votes! But he finally decides to give half to the more de-slurping..)

Slime*5
Tails*2
Knuckles*2
Chrom&Lucina*1

RoysOurBoy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0662-5238-5359
Samurai Goroh 5%
Yeah Captain Falcon is the only person we need to represent the F-Zero franchise. When was the last time a game even came out from F-Zero?

Want 25%
However, I think Samurai Goroh would be a fun character to play as overall, and I wouldn't mind playing as him, he just doesn't seem likey enough.

Lucas 80%
Lucas I would normally say is a lock, but there are several cut rumors about him so I'll shade some of his percentage off. Still would be suprised not to see him.

Let's nominate Snake x5.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Goroh
Chance: 10% He has a shot, but F Zero hasn't had a new game in years, which really hurts the prospect of a new rep for the series
Want: 30% I don't know much about him, but if he could be anywhere near as hammy as everyone's favorite captain, I'm sure I'd love him!

Lucas prediction: 84%

Nominate x3 Robin x2 Porky

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Samurai Goroh:

Chance: 30%
He's recognizeable enough, but is he unique enough?
I think his direct competition would be Takamaru, who is in some sort of popularity buildup recently.
But I see it like this... Almost anything Goroh could bring to the table, Takamaru could improve, or would be similar to what Captain Falcon already does. (And I'm almost sure Takamaru is more popular in Japan than Samurai Goroh)

Want: 15%
To be honest, I'm more than OK with Captain Falcon as the sole representative of F-Zero. Wouldn't really complain if Goroh is included, but I think there are much better suited characters, and since I don't see more than 2 swordsmen getting in this time, it would kind of be a waste when more moveset potential is rejected, such as Takamaru, Isaac, Saki, Shulk, Lyndis, etc

Lucas: 100%
He's not going anywhere. I think he was an integral part of Brawl.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
5% Unless a new F-Zero game is announced awhile before this game releases, the series will be stuck at one rep, and Black Shadow is just as likely.

predict the Lucas gets 81%

Ryu x5

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
samurai goroh: 10%
I don't it happening. Being Assist Trophy in itself can't be too much of a boost, as there a number of unlikely characters that are also assist trophies. F=Zero seems like a one rep franchise mainly because it's best character is leagues above the rest of them. F-Zero doesn't really need another rep, as it's already a series where they take great artistic liberties with it's only rep (so does Star Fox, but they all now have the same essential base). F-Zero is also a dormant series, even more so than Star Fox, and that affects its overall prominence. Dormant series are between retro and current series, and they unfortunately are in the worst position. But Samurai Goroh or another F-Zero rep does not strike me as something that needs to happen due to the characters and the series' current place.
I could never beat his level on F-Zero GX. And it's pay back. In all seriousness, he's another sword user but the one I don't want, and I don't really think F-Zero needs another rep. I'm a fan of the series, but I think some series should stay at just one rep.
Lucas: 70.34%. Nothing personal.
Nominations:
Robin x5

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
Samurai Goroh chance: 40%
F-Zero is not nearly as popular as it should be. :crying:

Samurai Goroh want: 90%
I think all the F-Zero characters are great!

Lucas prediction: 88%
(this is assuming it is the crybaby from Mother 3 and not the boy character from Pokémon Diamond and Pearl)

Anthony Higgs x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Samurai Goroh's chances: 15% - The chances of an F-Zero rep aren't great and even if there is one he faces competition from Black Shadow.
Want: 90%

Lucas prediction: 90%

Black Shadow x5. A bit surprised he's never been nominated. Might as well start him off.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Samurai Goroh:

Likelihood: 15%

Lucas Prediction: 74%

Nominations:
5x K. Rool.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Samurai Goroh
Chance: 20%
I'm giving Samurai Goroh the edge over Black Shadow as a possible F-Zero rep; but that's mostly due to his portrayal in past Smash games; a cameo in the Melee intro, and as an assist trophy in Brawl, Sakurai obviously has some respect for the character. That said; a second F-Zero rep is unlikely for THIS Smash, and indeed all afterwards unless Nintendo decides to revive the series.

At this point it's doubtful; Nintendo just let the series live on through Falcon in Smash Bros. and guest cameo karts in Mario Kart wii. GX was really good fun, and Nintendo should be slapping themselves for not continuing this series.

Want: 59%
Fox gets Wolf, Samus MAY get Ridley this time, so I want the Melee intro cameo rivals to be complete with the addition of Samurai Goroh. At least in Smash 5. He's lower priority than several other characters for me, and until Nintendo revives F-Zero he's probably going to remain lower priority...

...I just want them to revive F-Zero guys. Is that so bad?

Lucas: 83%

Nominations:
Roy X 5(I missed him last time)

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Samurai Goroh
Likelihood: 20% - He's the most likely F-Zero character there is, though that alone is what hinders his chances. I think we're fine with just Captain Falcon. I doubt F-Zero actually guarantees a second rep.
Want: 40% - Ehh... he's alright, I guess. I mean, yes, he could be cool to play as, and I myself can't resist the idea of dumping Falcon and Goroh into the fray, but I just don't find him THAT likely, and, personally, I'd rather have some characters in before him.

Lucas
Prediction: 90% - He's not going anywhere. I may not have played Mother 3, but I respect this kid and so should everyone. Even then, I'm sure there'll be some people that ignore his significance and want him out. Sad, ain't it?

Nominations
Genesect x3
Lip x2

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
More I think about it, the more I realize I need to get started on Black Shadow ASAP.

Samurai Goroh - 5%
I'm a huge F-Zero fan, but that doesn't change the obvious: F-Zero is dead. With the last, Japan-only release being in 2004, it's clear Nintendo has left the series behind. (By the way, that game, F-Zero Climax? Well worth the import!) Even when the series was around, though, Samurai Goroh was never more than a comic relief villain, one that has inexplicably become an icon of the franchise in spite of a lack of genuine importance. In terms of Smash, the biggest thing he has going for him is being an assist trophy, where he's shown randomly flailing around his sword without any real semblance of fighting skill. I don't know about you, but that says a lot to me of what Sakurai thinks of him as a fighter, and that's not good. There's also the problem of his weapon: we've got a handful of swordsmen already, and we've got plenty more well-deserving ones waiting in the wings for a chance, which pushes him even further out of contention. Unless I'm severely underestimating Goroh's fanbase, he has no serious chance of becoming the already unlikely second F-Zero rep.
Want - 25% - Want is purely for want of a second F-Zero character. In reality, I'd much rather have Black Shadow.

Lucas Prediction - 70%
He's going to have more doubters than the average Brawl veteran.

Nominations
Black Shadow x5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom