• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Ganondorf...
100% Chance and Want
Because Ganondorf.

Zoroark: 19%

Noms:
Alph x5
(I'm never winning +5 Noms, am I? :p)

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Ganondorf

Chances - 100% because he's Ganondorf

Want - 100% because he's Ganondorf. Now if he can just get a tweak in the moveset...

Zoroark - 21%

Nomination:

Mike Jones x2
Vaati x3

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Ganondorf
Chance: 100%
Want: 100%

Zoroark: 17.6%
Has to compete with Lucario and Mewtwo

Noms:
Rayman x5

neosam23

Smash Rookie
Ganondorf Chance: 80%
He's got a reasonably good chance, but considering he wasn't in skyward sword (which isn't really relevant, I know) and the fact that he has always been a clone of Captain Falcon, I'm gonna say his chances are lower than what everyone may think. But, it's still a good chance, and he really does need a totally unique moveset.

Want: 65%

Zoroark Prediction: 25%
He doesn't have much of a chance, plus I'd Victini.

Nominations:
Victini x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Gannondorf
Chance: 100% - I don't see anyway that he could not be playable. He's a very important character to one of Nintendo's biggest franchises.
Want: 49% - I don't care for him.

Zoroark prediction: 29%

Nominations: Professor Layton x5

Forde

Smash Cadet
Gannondorf

Chance: 90% It's obvious that he is highly playable. Very important overall to the Zelda universe and I really can't see how he wouldn't be playable, unless they want to replace him with the newer bad guy, Demise. Both are similar in terms of appearance, so yea, I could see him being a newcomer for the overall Zelda series, but I can't see him replacing Gannondorf, though, anything is possible.

Want: 75% Wouldn't mind seeing him have a decent update to his moveset, or overall viability from SSBB, but yea, he's a staple so he should return.

Zoroark prediction: 35%

Nominations
Cloud Strife x5

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Likelihood: 99.999999999999999999999999%
Want: 80% I don't care about him that much but he should stay.
Zoroark: 12%
Mr. Game and Watch x5

AfricanSanta

Smash Cadet
Gannondorf Chance and Want- 100%- He's the main antagonist of Nintendo's 3rd biggest franchise. I don't know why anyone would doubt him.

Zoroark prediction- 31%- People seem to always overrate his chances.

Nominations:
Genesect x3
Mallo x2

2 C H i L L E D

Eternal Hitstun
3DS FC
3956-0619-2163
Gannondorf

Chance: 100% He's the main villain, he's been in Smash since Melee. Even though he's not always the highest character on the tier list people would flip their **** if he got cut. I'm betting he gets a revamp like Bowser did.

Want: 20% I'd much rather have Vatti, but the chances of that happening aren't even worth mentioning.

Zoroark prediction: 5%. I'm certain Mewtwo will return. 3 Pokémon reps already then: {Pikachu, Pokémon Trainer, Mewtwo}

1) Jiggs makes the cut, being the final rep.
2) Jiggs gets cut, Lucario is the final rep.
3) Jigss gets cut, Zoroark some how beats out Lucario to take the final rep. (Which would be absurd...)

Nominations: I don't really have any.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Ganondorf
Chance - 100%​
Want - 85% (Not my favorite Zelda character but being a veteran warrants my interest at the very least).​
Zoroark
Prediction - 36.9%​
Nominations - Professor Layton x5

low tier user

Smash Cadet
Roy 100% (he's highly requested in Japan and could be dlc if he's not in the game at first).
Same thing with Mewtwo.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Roy 100% (he's highly requested in Japan and could be dlc if he's not in the game at first).
Same thing with Mewtwo.
I don't think you understand how this thing works....

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Ganon: 100%
Want:100%
No explanation needed.

Zoroark: 24%

3x Vaati
2x Impa

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Drats! I missed Geno's day! Blasted @#$&!% internet connection failure! Oh well, at least Xenigma feels my pain. But wow, only 2.93%? Like, really?...does that count as a troll character?:troll:

Ganondorf

Chance: 99% - Highest I've given in terms of chance but he really is one of Nintendo's most legendary characters.

Want: 95% - Decloned or Captain Ganon, he needs to return. He completes Smash's Triforce trio.

Zoroark Prediction: 24% - She is no longer the hot topic of Pokemon and that was her best bet.

Nominations:
Lloyd Irving x5

Edit: Corrected Zoroark's gender.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Ganondorf prediction: 100%. A staple of the Zelda franchise, and still a popular character. I wouldn't be surprised if he's changed to his WW design after WWHD though. Does Toon Ganondorf still count as Ganondorf? :U

Want: 80%. Not because I don't want him as a character, but because honestly, if he stays a Captain Falcon clone, I'd really rather he was just cut. At least buff him tremendously, if nothing else ):

Zoroark prediction: 30%

Skull Kid X5

Groose

Smash Champion
Ganondorf's Chances: 95%
Frankly, I don't see him being cut for Demise or Ghirahim. He's Ganon... and he's the main villain in, what, three quarters of the Zelda games? The only reason I'm not giving him 100% is that.. I'm being cautious. After all... I was certain that he would gain a unique moveset last game, and look at where that ended up.

Ganondorf Want: 100%
I've said in the past that I'm open to cuts; however, this is one cut that I definitely don't want to see. He's a crucial part of Nintendo. Cutting him for Demise or Ghirahim would be like cutting Bowser in favor of Fawful or Count Bleck.

Zoroark Prediction: 23.45%
His fame and support is dying out since the reveal of Gen VI.

Medusa x5
Those who lurk in the darkness must be made to face the light.

Same thing with Mewtwo.
Everyday, we all rate the character whose picture is on the OP. Today was reserved for Ganondorf; by the time you read this, we will probably be rating Zoroark. I suggest you read the "How To Play" section on the OP, and I officially welcome you to the game.
DAY OVER
RETURN OF GROOSE

Groose

Smash Champion
Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda)
98.90% chance
90.62% want

Sorry guys, that’s my bad. If I had known that Gannon would do so well, I wouldn’t have let him have a day. Oh well. That’s behind us now.

Today another dark character enters the ring. She is Zoroark… or is it just an illusion? Please leave your chance and want on Zoroark today.

Tomorrow we will be rating Simon Belmont. Please predict how Simon Belmont will fare tomorrow. Doing so can earn you extra nominations, like those won by Yams, Wariofan1, Xenigma, Gigabowserxyz, Paulkagebein, and Falkoopa. Lots of winners today, as Ganon’s number fell right next to a major percent. Use your extra five wisely!

And before I go, I’d like to announce that Pac-Man has once again been added to the nominations list. When any character receives 100 nominations for a re-vote, they will be voted again alongside whatever character we would normally rate for the day. The list of those eligible for revotes can be found at the bottom of the nominations list.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Zoroark Chance: 5% 5th Gen isn't the focus and she never got as popular as Lucario
Zoroark Want: 20% I would rather have other Pokéreps than her

Simon Belmont: 10% His chances are low and people know that but I see a high want percentage tomorrow

Nominations: x5 Starfy

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Likly hood 10%
Would have ben 85% but he's not so popular anymore and his movie is toast and now its the one with genesect or mewtwo

Want 50%
Well I think he's pretty cool though and he's the only one who can be lucarios replacment

By the way doing rob anyway

R.O.B

Likly hood 95%
Retro character loved made many cameo appearances and is there even one reason that rob should be kicked besides time consumption by the way it changes to 10000% chance of getting in if the gyromite or stack up stage gets confirmed

Want 100%

Love him love him love him

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Zoroark:

Likelihood: 5% - With Gen 5 having ended when SSB4 comes out, and Gen VI having been out for quite a while, I'm fairly certain that Zoroark's potential for being in via the advertising excuse has run its course. Either way he's not as popular as Lucario ever was either, and even Lucario is edging it this time around. If any 5th Gen it'd most likely be Genesect either way, considering that he's getting the major star treatment right now, and even he's unlikely. Pokémon doesn't even need a newcomer either, with Mewtwo returning they'll be on 5 characters, that's if none of the other characters are cut, and even then 4 reps is perfectly fine too, though I don't see any veteran Pokémons being under the boot of Zoroark.

Want: 25% - He could have an incredibly unique moveset, but there are lots of other Pokémons I want over him.

Simon Belmont Prediction: 11%

Nominations:

I finally predicted right! So you guys know what that means:

10x Ridley!

Morbi

Scavenger
Zoroark Chance: 50%

I am going to be honest. I am not really seeing a suitable replacement Pokemon. I really can't see a newcomer Pokemon in the stars. I was thinking maybe Meowth or Sylveon. However, I know Meowth won't happen. Sylveon is doubtful. I really don't see Genesect being playable either. When I put all of it together... Zoroark is one of the only Pokemon that I could see making it in the game. Gen 5 has gone and past. Zoroark hasn't though. Zoroark is still a popular Pokemon. Lots of people still want her. I am giving her such a high rating because I can't think of one Pokemon that could possibly replace the notion that she is in. The 6th gen rep is probably suitably occupied by Mewtwo.

Zoroark Want: 5%

I do not want her. I would prefer Lucario... or any other Pokemon for that matter. The only reason she has some traction with me is because I know she might be a possibility. If she was introduced like a Shang Tsung? My "want" would skyrocket to 100%.

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
Zoroark Chance: 30%
He seems to be wanted by a certain group of people, but he is a generation behind.

Zoroark want: 50%
Pokémon are always good to have on the roster but I wouldn't mind if another one makes it in his stead.

Simon Belmont: I'm not top sure who he is but I'll give him a 12.6%

Anthony Higgs x5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Zoroark
Chance: 10%
If Gen 5 gets a rep it will most likely be this girl/guy. But that's a big if.

Want: 22%
Of all the potential Pokemon Zoroark ranks above Genesect for me, but that's about it. I like it in the games, but I'd prefer several other Pokemon over this one, including Mewtwo, Lucario, Puff(likely) and Meowth(unlikely).

Simon prediction: 20%
Castlevania's popular and Simon's the best possible rep from it but I can't see him scoring much higher than that.
Nominate:
Kamek X 3
Meowth X 2

(I take it no extra nominations today?)

Edit; Nevermind I saw someone won at least.

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
Zoroark Likelihood: 40%
A lot of people have been saying that Zoroark has no chance next to Mewtwo, but I don't necessarily think that the two are competing as such. Pokemon is in a relatively unique position as to the potential fluidity in its representation. Aside from Pikachu, I think it's entirely possible that any one or even two of Brawl's Pokemon reps could be saying goodbye to make room for fresh faces. Further, Mewtwo and Zoroark appearing together on the roster would be pretty thematically appropriate, especially if Newtwo gains the Fairy typing, as has been rumored. Of course, the same thematic appropriateness could be argued for Genesect, who I see as Zoroark's true competition.
Want: 100%
Hands down my top choice for a Pokemon newcomer. Its Illusion mechanics could be something as-of-yet unseen in the series, assuming the devs can figure out an appropriate way to implement the ability (which I think is fairly reasonable to assume). I'd be super excited to see Zoroark and Newtwo appear together as rivals of sorts.

Simon Belmont: 22%

Nominations: Ghirahim x5

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
O yeah, I've never played it. I don't normally play games with goofy sounding titles.
Fair enough :p

Sadly, Castlevania is a series in decline.

It also doesn't help that Simon was absent from a large portion of the series. I've played Castlevania before, but not with Simon.
I myself never really bothered with it after Super Castlevania IV, so the series without Simon is completely alien to me. But yeah, the series has seen some heavy decline these past couple of years, that much I know.

Groose

Smash Champion
Fair enough :p

I myself never really bothered with it after Super Castlevania IV, so the series without Simon is completely alien to me. But yeah, the series has seen some heavy decline these past couple of years, that much I know.

The ones on the GBA/DS were still pretty good. For some odd reason, though, Metroidvania is just a genre I struggle to pick up. I enjoy it while I'm playing it, but I just rarely pick it up to begin with. Eh.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The ones on the GBA/DS were still pretty good. For some odd reason, though, Metroidvania is just a genre I struggle to pick up. I enjoy it while I'm playing it, but I just rarely pick it up to begin with. Eh.
Well, that's probably why I love the old Castlevania games the most, because of their relation to Metroid in terms of gameplay :p

D

Deleted member

Zoroark
Chances: 41%
Maybe I am being a bit fair with my score. I do believe that Zoroark does have some of the highest chances of being a Newcomer for Pokemon. Zoroark is decently popular among fans and it did have its own movie that came out years ago. However, it's hard for me to determine if people are wanting Zoroark or they are just expecting Zoroark... I go with the former. People say Zoroark has competition from Mewtwo, but I don't think that they are in the same field.
Want: 38%
Not the Pokemon that I would want to see on the roster; I would rather prefer a Pokemon like Dragonite. I do have a Zorua and a Zoroark on my copies of White 1 and White 2 and I haven't used them or trained them to make me want them even more. However, I would love to see its ability, Illusion, get implemented in its moveset.
Simon Belmont Prediction: 12.8%
Being a third party character and not having been around as of late, I am not expecting Simon to get many high scores.
Nominations: Sonic 5x

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Zoroark:

Chance: 13%
Mainly 'cos of the number, but honestly it is low. Illusion would be bull in smash, or not work at all, and his move set doesn't set him up that well for a fighter either. Ultimately he'd be a replacement for Lucario who I believe does even need to be replaced. I give him a slight chance because Pokémon company gives a lot of advice to sakurai for their franchise, so if they're caught up on him there's a chance, but they appear to have more love for Keldeo and Genesect than anything else at the moment.
On a side note Keldeo'd make an interesting smash fighter, though I do love me my quadrupeds...

Want: 0%
Illusion would be horrible in smash, and without it he'd not be Zoroark, so no thank you.

Simon Belmont: 22%
Third parties are difficult, and Konami already had Snake.. Now, if Konami decide to exchange snake for someone more fitting Mr Belmont is probably the lead position, but with the rather poor reception snake received in brawl, and the likely reluctance to cut their first choice character, I don't see it happening. The question however is how everyone else is going to feel, but I suspect people will be fairly similarly minded, so I'll just put my chance score for tomorrow as my prediction today.

Slime*5
(Gah! Goo many 10 nominations! I'll never get my slime to be voted on at this rate!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom