• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Zoroark
Chance: 15.5%
If it wasn't for Gen 6 coming out she would have a much better chance like a 70-80%. However, Pokemon X and Y are coming out before smash 4 so it is likely for Sakurai to pick a Gen 6 rep much more than a Gen 5 Pokemon rep.

Want: 10%
Ehhh... At first it seemed cool but when I saw Sylveon that has changed a TON.

Prediction for Simon Belmont: 17.56%

Nominations
Sylveon x4
Vaati x1

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
but with the rather poor reception snake received in brawl, )
Wait. Wut?

Zoroark: 11%

Still a popular pokemon but way too much competition.

Want: 66%

It would be pretty cool!

Simon Prediction: 4%

Some people think he'll replace Snake.

Most don't.

Nominations:
Lucas
Sonic
Snake
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Zoroark time!

Likelihood: 10%

Admittedly, the most likely 5th Gen Pokemon. Though, that's not saying much.

Want: 10%
Meh.

Prediction for Belmont: 6%

Nominating Lucas x5

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
Zoroark

Likelihood: 25% - He's the most probable Gen V newcomer. Event though Sakurai will probably want a Gen VI rep, Zoroark is iconic, popular and unique.

Want: 70% - If they make use of his Ilusions, he could become a really nice character

Belmont Prediction: 14%

Nominations:
Primid x5

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Chances-5% She had never caught on to the extent of Lucario and even during her own generation she started to fade out for other popular 5th gen Pokemon and Lucario himself. Now with 6th gen on the horizon, Lucario still in the spotlight and Mewtwo and Genesect getting a movie dedicated to themselves along with the formers already strong popularity her time has long since passed and she can't give enough to justify keeping her in consideration over Mewtwo, Lucario, or even Genesect.

Want-5% Meh, I like the Illusion idea but that's about it.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Zoroark - 2%
Zoroark is a super cool Pokemon, let there be no doubt of that. Unfortunately, his appearance was timed awfully as far as Smash inclusion goes. With his generation starting after Brawl and a subsequent generation starting before SSB4, his moment in the spotlight has already come and gone. Even worse, the new generation gives a big boost to the chances of Mewtwo returning thanks to his new form, while Lucario is still publicized by the Pokemon Company and already has a moveset done for Smash, making it all the harder to stand out within the very crowded Pokemon franchise. Thus, while Zoroark has the right stuff for a possible Smash inclusion, his chances are very bad simply due to bad luck. Wouldn't be the first time a generation lost out due to poor timing (looking at you, Gen 3 and Blaziken/Gardevoir/???), and knowing how long we have to wait between Smash games now, it won't be the last. At the very least he's got a great chance for Pokeball inclusion, for whatever small consolation that is.
Want - 25% - Plenty interesting Pokemon, but there's also plenty more I'd rather see. Man, Pokemon is a weird franchise as far as Smash is concerned.

Simon Belmont Prediction - 3%
People seriously believe Belmont has a chance? I mean, I guess it's not impossible, but I'm not foreseeing any serious support.

Nominations
Vaati x5
Isaac x5

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Chances-5% She had never caught on to the extent of Lucario and even during her own generation she started to fade out for other popular 5th gen Pokemon and Lucario himself. Now with 6th gen on the horizon, Lucario still in the spotlight and Mewtwo and Genesect getting a movie dedicated to themselves along with the formers already strong popularity her time has long since passed and she can't give enough to justify keeping her in consideration over Mewtwo, Lucario, or even Genesect.

Want-5% Meh, I like the Illusion idea but that's about it.
That's an incredibly cool avatar you've got there!

Ephecus

Smash Apprentice
Whoops, skipped Ganon, oh well...

Zoroark

Chance: 7 %
Want: 5 %
Gen 5 is in my opinion the generation with the worst Pokémon (aside from Galvantula and Joltik, they're the best). Zoroark has a very unique gimmick but aside from that is pretty noninteresting and basically the Lucario of his generation (except with a smaller following). Could I imagine him in Smash? Maybe. Do I think that he will be in it? Definately not.

Simon Belmont Prediction: 3.5 %

Nominations: Medusa x 5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Zoroark

Likelihood: 18%
He was victim of bad timing. It's really sad, he would have been a cool addition.

Want: 80%
I like him. He's the the go to pokémon for me after the Brawl cast and Mewtwo.

Simon prediction: 2%

Nominations: Porky x 5

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Zoroark

CHANCE: 15%
I think the Pokemon roster is pretty much solid now. Cutting any character will only upset people, but adding more might overpopulate the roster with Pokemon characters.
Sakurai might add characters like Zoroark as Pokeball items.

Want: 0%
I see absolutely no appeal in Zoroark, despite me watching her movie last night.

Go, go Mike Jones x5

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Zoroark

Popularity: Among the more popular Pokemon of course. Seems not to be as popular as Mewtwo or as popular as Lucario at his peak though.

Relevancy: Well, she's one of the pimped Pokemon, having her own movie.

Design: Here's where she gets an advantage over some other movie Pokemon or legendaries and such. She has a natural shape for fighting. She's not huge and she has long limbs and is bipedal. Now, some of the others still have possible move sets. We've seen quadrupedal fighters (Ivysaur) and ones with tiny limbs (Olimar, Pichu) and such. But Zoroark is definitely easier to design. Genesect is also one that would have a fairly easy move set to design. I'm not familiar with her, but the appearance at least seems similar to Lucario. Making copies of herself with Illusion would be interesting, but given the problems they have with the 3DS I think they'd probably avoid adding unnecessary technical complications, which makes her design less interesting. It could work as a Final Smash though.

Roster and Competition: I don't think Pokemon are likely to get more than one new slot, and I think it's most likely to go to Mewtwo. Sakurai has said he's not made any cuts yet, so that would mean he'd have to be planning to add one or two and NOT replace Lucario or Pokemon Trainer (although he might put Lucario as lower priority and therefore more likely to get cut if time becomes an issue). But I don't see them planning on 6 Pokemon slots and 8 move sets. Which means Zoroark probably gets left out in favor of Mewtwo.

She is a female in the movie at least, to the extent that that's relevant. She's not obviously a female though as can be seen by the number of people calling her a he.

Zoroark chances: 12%

Zoroark want: 30%
I don't really care for most of the movie/legendary Pokemon. Pokemon are not bad-ass no matter how much they pimp them or give them angry eyes. I don't like Lucario all that much either, so it doesn't matter that much to me personally whether she gets in over him. I'd prefer Mewtwo to either.

Simon Belmont prediction: 3.9%
I'm kinda surprised at how high some of the predictions are. Not sure whether that means I should guess high or whether I should just go what I would've thought before... I would like to see him, but I don't have illusions that he's particularly likely. If they took out Snake and put in a different Konami rep, it's pretty much just him and Goemon as possibilities.

Nominations:
Well, now I have to nominate someone else. Hmmmm...

4x Mike Jones
1x Lucas

I myself never really bothered with it after Super Castlevania IV, so the series without Simon is completely alien to me.
Well, that's probably why I love the old Castlevania games the most, because of their relation to Metroid in terms of gameplay :p
Ummmmm... wut?

Castlevania 1, 3 and 4 are all linear games. There are secrets in some levels, but the emphasis is not on exploration. You don't have a large inventory or gain better defense or more health, etc. Simon's Quest is the only one that's similar, but it's also kinda like The Legend of Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link. It's moving in the Metroid direction, but I'd call it more proto-Metroidvania. But overall... no. Castlevania 1-4 are not like Metroid.

The game where it truly becomes a Metroid-like game is Symphony of the Night, which is on the Playstation and is awesome. Like seriously, if you like 2-D Metroid games, you should play SotN. If you like Metroid games and stopped playing at Super Castlevania IV you stopped at exactly the wrong time. After SotN pretty much all of the handheld games are Metroid-like they're all pretty good or better.

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
Zoroark

Popularity: Among the more popular Pokemon of course. Seems not to be as popular as Mewtwo or as popular as Lucario at his peak though.

Relevancy: Well, she's one of the pimped Pokemon, having her own movie. She's also a legendary.

Design: Here's where she gets an advantage over some other promoted legendary Pokemon. She has a natural shape for fighting. She's not huge and she has long limbs and is bipedal. Now, some of the others still have possible move sets. We've seen quadrupedal fighters (Ivysaur) and ones with tiny limbs (Olimar, Pichu) and such. But Zoroark is definitely easier to design. Genesect is also one that would have a fairly easy move set to design. I'm not familiar with her, but the appearance at least seems similar to Lucario. Making copies of herself with Illusion would be interesting, but given the problems they have with the 3DS I think they'd probably avoid adding unnecessary technical complications, which makes her design less interesting. It could work as a Final Smash though.

Roster and Competition: I don't think Pokemon are likely to get more than one new slot, and I think it's most likely to go to Mewtwo. Sakurai has said he's not made any cuts yet, so that would mean he'd have to be planning to add one or two and NOT replace Lucario or Pokemon Trainer (although he might put Lucario as lower priority and therefore more likely to get cut if time becomes an issue). But I don't see them planning on 6 Pokemon slots and 8 move sets. Which means Zoroark probably gets left out in favor of Mewtwo.

She is a female in the movie at least, to the extent that that's relevant. She's not obviously a female though as can be seen by the number of people calling her a he.

Zoroark chances: 12%

Zoroark want: 30%
I don't really care for most of the legendary Pokemon. Pokemon are not bad-*** no matter how much they pimp them or give them angry eyes. I don't like Lucario all that much either, so it doesn't matter that much to me personally whether she gets in over him. I'd prefer Mewtwo to either

Don't want to be rude or anything, but Zoroark is not a legendary :p

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Zoroark's chances: 15%
Want: 70%

Simon Belmont prediction: 4%

Samurai Goroh x5

Steelia

Smash Champion
She's also a legendary.
Not a legendary! Just pretty rare to find. :)

Zoroark

Likelihood: 35%
Higher than most, being a generation mascot, but I fear she will get the same treatment as Deoxys from 3rd Gen and be omitted. A shame, since 5th Gen reinvigorated my love of the franchise.

Want: 100%
One of the few characters I support. Even if she doesn't bring her illusive abilities, she has a great design & an interesting appeal. The roster could use a more motherly touch.

Simon Belmont Prediction: 19%
He's a fairly popular choice, but I don't see much going for him...

Nomination: Majora's Mask Link x5

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Don't want to be rude or anything, but Zoroark is not a legendary :p
Ah. Well, she's the star of one of the movies, which is really the relevant part. I guess Lucario isn't legendary either. The point is they're promoted above other Pokemon and got feature films.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Zoroark
Likelihood: 7.5%
Want: 35%

Simon Belmont
Prediction: 2.5%

Nominations:
Saki X5

Sebz

Luchador Extraordinaire
Zoroark~ 10%
Ah poor Zoroark, her chances withering due to timing. With Genesect being the new hotness, and Gen 6 looming on the horizon, I doubt she can make it in.

Want~40%
If it weren't for Genesect, Zoroark would probably be my top Pokemon choice.

Simon~ 40%
I don't really see Snake coming back (makes me sad cause he's one of my mains), and I don't see Konami giving up a spot on the roster either. That being said, Simon seems like the best next option.

Noms:
Genesectx5

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Zoroark

Chances - 12%
Zoroark seemed really likely when Gen V was in full swing, both thanks to anime and the game. However, now that Mewtwo has been shown to get a new form in Gen VI, I feel he(she?) is the one the team will focus on when it comes to new pokemon representation.

Want - 40%
I usually lean more towards not wanting Zoroark, but a part of me would want to use it and see how they'd make Illusion work.

Simon Belmon
Prediction - 14%; some claim him as one of the best possible third parties, but most will rate him really low due to wanting no more third parties or finding others more likely/desired.

Nominations
x5 Porky Minch

low tier user

Smash Cadet
Roy, Ganon, and Mewtwo 80%-100% (no explanation needed). I also expect Chrom but don't want him as much as Roy. Ridley 100% cuz Samus is our only current Metroid character we need another.

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Likelihood: 27.5%
Zororark would have been a shoe-in if this game had been developed 2 years ago. Now, with Gen 6 around the corner, it's less likely we'll see it(her?) as a playable character.

Want: 33.33%
Can't really think of how the character could be implemented in a not-completely-annoying manner.

Simon Belmont: 11.75%

Nominate:
Quote x5

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Especially with there being all these lame rules and it being one character a day.
The rules are there for a reason.

You should follow those rules.

If you don't want to follow the rules for this thread I suggest going to the Roster Discussion Thread.

Primid

Smash Apprentice
ZOROARK

Likelihood: 12% Mewtwo and Lucario seem to have more popularity and relevance going for them. That doesn't leave much room for anyone other Pokemon.
Want: 10% I'd much rather have Lucario and Mewtwo.

Nominations:
Masked Man x5

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Zoroark
21%- Last year's "flavor of the month" and missed her chance when Mewtwo got a new forme.
10%-Mewtwo>Zoroark

Simon-12%

Porky 5x

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Zoroark
Chance: 17%

Flavor of the year, failed as a mascot. Seriously, Lucario is being rehashed because of Zoroark's fail.

Want: 85%
Could be really cool done right.

Simon; 19%

Noms:
Ephraim (Fire Emblem) x5

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
Zoroark

Likelyhood: 20%

As I said before, her spotlight pretty much got taken by Mewtwo.

Want: 1%

No other character pokemon is getting in until Mewtwo comes back.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Zoroark chances: 30%, Zoroark's form would be easy to translate in to Smash. And she did at one point receive a big push as far as pokemon goes. It really depends on how X and Y are promoted and what the Pokemon company recommends. But I would not count her out as many have.

Want: 70%. As a proponent of pokemon from different generations, I would like to see someone from Gen 5 or 6 that isn't Mewtwo. Zoroark fits well under that mold, and I would only rate Genesect and Oshawott being available over her. But I didn't really use her in the games.

Simon Belmont: 9.27%

Nominations:
Karate Joe x 5

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Well I think he's pretty cool though and he's the only one who can be lucarios replacment
ZUltimately he'd be a replacement for Lucario who I believe does even need to be replaced. y similarly minded, so I'll just put my chance score for tomorrow as my prediction today.

Yeah...no

Zoroark

Chances: 30%

I'd be happy to see Z in, but would be upset if someone like Lucario or Mewtwo didn't make the roster.

Want: 20%

Others deserves to make the roster before Z. He/she would be a good Pokeball character though

Simon: 16%

Nominations:

Falco x2
Vaati x3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom