• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
R.O.B.
Chance: 95%
No competition that could replace him, no real reason to get rid of him. Doesn't represent a series as such, but is an important part of Nintendo's history. A safe bet, but there's always a chance a character like this could be cut.

Want: 50% I'm indifferent to him really.

Ganondorf: 98%. I have faith that people don't think he's going to be replaced by a Skyward Sword villain. He's one of the three most important characters in Zelda, which is a huge selling series.

Nominations:
X5 Meowth

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
R.O.B.

Chances: 99.9%
Despite being a WTF character, he gained a pretty large fanbase from Brawl. I could only see him being cut due to time constriants, but even so I feel it's not very likely that he would be cut.

Want: 100%
Had no idea who this was before Brawl. But Brawl made me into a fan. He's fun to play as and damned unique.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
R.O.B. time!

Likelihood: 100%
It's not going anywhere. If Game and Watch survived Brawl, R.O.B. will survive to SSB4. Plus, it's completely unique.

No cutsies.

Predicting a 99.2% for Ganondorf, because frankly, if you think he has any chance of removal, you might just be an idiot.

Nominating Falco x5

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
R.O.B.

Chances: 90%. I don't believe everyone from Brawl will make it, and he's one that I don't see as 100% likely. That said, having a unique moveset and being a part of Nintendo history mean he's likely to return.

Want: 50% There are veterans and newcomers I prefer over him, but at the same time his presence would not bother me.

Ganondorf prediction: 97%. Would be a 100% but it's not unlikely someone would give him a lower score and mess with the average.

Nominations
x5 Porky Minch

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
R.O.B.: 98% he made it in and Mr. Sakaria hates to cut characters so... oh yea and he also has no reason to go.

Want: 100% I mean... yea he is in my top 5 mains and he has such a cool play style there is no way I want him to go

Ganon: 94% dem demise thinkers

x5 Zoroark

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
ROB

Chance - 100% - I don't think any retro character will be cut. Sakurai is already reluctant to cut characters, and I have a feeling retro characters are a bit more of a personal pick than most others. Really, when you can claim to help save the entire Western Hemisphere's videogame market, it's kind of hard to argue why you shouldn't be in.

Want - 100% - Still going with no cuts.

Ganondorf Prediction - 96% - If anybody rates lower than 90%... nah, that won't happen, right?

Nominations
Starfy X4
Mr. Game & Watch X1

(PS - Donbe and Hikari are the main protagonists from Shin Onigashima, Nintendo's first adventure game)

Yams

Smash Journeyman
ROB: Likelihood: 93% no reason to leave
Want: 90% one of my most played characters.

Ganondorf: 99%

Duck Hunt Dog x5

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
ROB
Likelihood: 100% - Seriously, what reason does he have to leave.
Want: 95% - His moveset is really creative and easy to get used to, and it has fracking lazurs, I mean c'mon!

Ganondorf
Prediction: 98% - Two words: MAIN VILLAIN. Those who think Ganon's getting cut are nuts. Though, I'd think the good ol' king of evil might need some decloning here and there... and a ****ing trident, of course.

Nominations
Lip (x3)
Meowth (x2)

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Rob
Likelihood: 95%
Ya hes probably not going anywhere. Those "retro representation" characters are well liked in the game

Want: 50%
Doesnt matter to me.

Ganondorf: 96.5%
He'll be in in some way shape or form. No doubts there, he may have a switched up moveset however.

Noms:
Rayman x3
Skull kid x2

Am I allowed to nominate Ganbare Goemon? Is he yoo unlikely to include? (See description below) http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goemon_(series)

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
R.O.B: 97%
Retro, unique, important and several other people who would be on thee chopping block before him.

One of my favorite Brawl characters. He's a freaking robot with laser eyes! What's not to love?

Ganon: 97.1%

3x Vaati
2x Impa

Ephecus

Smash Apprentice
Time for.... R.O.B!

Chance: 92 %

Most veterans probably won't be cut. R.O.B. is pretty unique and also very deserving of his spot. I only cut 8% off him in case the roster radically decreases in size (More than 5 cuts.)

My main. Of course I want him back in.

Ganondorf Predicition: 95 %

He's a veteran and he is a important antagonist in the TLOZ series. I hope though that they finally declonise him.

Nominations:
5x Medusa (She did wait 20 years after all)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
R.O.B.: 99%

I think he's staying. No real reason to remove him.

R.O.B. is badass plus no cuts.

Ganondorf Prediction: 97%
Most people see him as a lock.

Nominations:
Lucas
Sonic
Snake
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
R.O.B:

Likelihood: 95%

Want: 70%

Ganondorf Prediction: 99%

Nominations:
5x Ridley

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
:rob:

Chance: 85%
Want: 80%

Despite people not neccecarly wanting him for Brawl, me included, I think most would still be Sad to see our Robotic Opperarion Buddy removed. He'd got a good moveset, is quite unique, nicely balanced as a higher mid tier in Brawl... I see no reasons to cut him now. Brawl made me love him. I'd rather get rid of the Ice Cimbers, Sheik or Lucario if I'd had to cut an original character. S yeah, R.O.B is cool with me.

Impa x 5

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
ROB

Chance: 100%
He is an original fighter from a franchise repped by ROB alone. There isn't anyone, or anything, to replace him. He is one of those quirky "Nintendo's Hardware History" characters, like Mr. Game & Watch. There's too much going for him.

Want: 90%
I'm not his #1 fan, by any means, but I love his character. He was a favorite of mine in MKDS, and his concept as an accessory for the NES just sounds awesome (even if he works with a grand total of two games). If, for some odd reason, he was scrapped, it wouldn't ruin SSB4 for me, but it would put a damper on things.

I don't feel like predicting Ganondorf's chances, but I do know that he doesn't need to go anywhere, so 100%. Yepyepyep.

Chibi Robo x3 (don't remember if we've rated him yet).
Jill (Drill Dozer) x2

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Finally missed a round thanks to being unable to reach a computer since Friday and Groose keeping new rounds timely. Bit disappointing, but I'm happy everyone is running smoothly and it seems everyone was pretty unified in Geno being a longshot anyway.

R.O.B. - 100%
Honestly, I just can't think of a good reason for him to be cut. Unique moveset, retro character, represents an extraordinarily important part of Nintendo history, and furthermore is a major part of video game history due to being a big reason why the NES came to market, saving the industry after the collapse of the early 80s. As far as all-stars for Nintendo go he isn't really the most popular or visible, but there can be no doubt he deserves to stand with Mario and Link and the rest. Would take an extraordinary, unpredictable, downright illogical change of the entire roster for him to have even a chance of being cut.
Want - 85% - He's so cool! Not a big fan of playing him, but I love having him on the roster.

Ganondorf - 99%
If you ask me, he shouldn't be up for voting at all. Should be almost entirely 100%s, with the odd 95% bring the rating off perfection. That said, looking at some of these R.O.B. ratings despite most saying he has no real reason to go, maybe I'm misjudging how everyone will actually rate.

Nominations
Vaati x5

Groose

Smash Champion
Little public service announcement: I'm sorry about how bad the music section has been the last two days. Geno and R.O.B. are characters who just don't have much music attributed to them. Or maybe they do, and I'm just missing it. I've never played any of their games, so it's hard for me to judge. If you have any suggestions, I'll be glad to take them.

Fortunately, tomorrow is a character who I know well. I'm confident that I can make an excellent music selection for one Ganondorf Dragmire. :ganondorfmelee:

Chibi Robo x3 (don't remember if we've rated him yet).
Jill (Drill Dozer) x2

We haven't rated him yet, but I suspect we'll be rating him soon enough; he's near the top of the nominations list. All of the characters we've rated are listed on the OP under the "Veterans/Newcomers" section.

Finally missed a round thanks to being unable to reach a computer since Friday and Groose keeping new rounds timely. Bit disappointing, but I'm happy everyone is running smoothly and it seems everyone was pretty unified in Geno being a longshot anyway.

Well, sorry you missed a day. I myself missed a day (Ridley, no less!) before I adopted management of the game, so I know how it feels. All in all, one vote wouldn't have changed much of anything; Geno is kind of stuck in a limbo in the rankings.

I've got the game worked into my daily routine. There's a period of time I used in my day just to goof off and watch TV; I've replaced it with updating the day instead. I try to update consistently; so far, my only major delays were the Zelda Symphony of the Goddesses concert and two minor surgeries.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
ROB chance: 92% I have no reason to think ROB is on the chopping block. Especially since Sakurai doesn't want to cut anyone. However being in only the most recent Smash makes him less likely then certain others.

ROB want: 70% He is a unique character who deserves his spot... but I never did much care for his play style so if for some crazy reason he were cut I'd suffer no heartache over it.

Ganondorf Prediction: 97% Due to having moves that still are vaguely similar to CF's some are going to insist he could get cut. However I think most people will recognize that if he survived the cuts from Melee to Brawl he is all the more likely to survive any cuts that may happen for this game. Especially since he is such a crucial part of Zelda lore.

neosam23

Smash Rookie
ROBs chance: 100%
The only reason he wouldn't make it is if they don't have the time to finish him. But I'd say he'd be pretty high priority.

Want: 50%.
I never really used him, but that said, I think he is a good addition regardless, considering his unique moveset.

Ganondorf Prediction: 80%
I think the only reason they would remove Ganondorf is if they wanted to have Ghirahim replace him, only because Ganondorf has been a clone of Capt Falcon, but I don't see why they can't just de-clone him anyway.

Nominations:
Lloyd Irving x3
Magnus x2

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
R.O.B.
likelihood: 90%

Ganondorf
Prediction: 96.5%

Nominations:
Saki x5

Primid

Smash Apprentice
R.O.B.

Likelihood: 95% He's not going anywhere. I've seen some hate directed towards him, but R.O.B. is an important part of Nintendo's history and he's a very unique fighter.
Want: 97% I love R.O.B.! He's a strange addition but he fits. No cuts please!

Nominations:
Masked Man x5

Forde

Smash Cadet
R.O.B.

Chance: 85% He's definitely a very, very unique character and I can easily see him return for SSB4.

Want: 85% Same reasoning as my chances, he's a very unique character and would love to see him return for SSB4.

Gannondorf: 95% Don't see him going anywhere unless Demise replaces him.

Nominations

Cloud Strife x5

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
ROB
100% on likelihood.
100% on want.
He got the NES in shelves in the US (saving gaming from its fall in the US). He's not going anywhere. I'm hope for a gyromite stage.

Ganondorf prediction: 95.95%
Nominations:
Simon Belmont x5

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
R.O.B.
95%
He's just not going anywhere.

Want:
60%
I'd prefer no cuts, but I could live without R.O.B.

Ganondork: 92%
Idiots will say Ghirahim, Vaati, Demise, etc. Could replace him or that he isn't relevant anymore.

Noms:
Alph x5

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Little public service announcement: I'm sorry about how bad the music section has been the last two days. Geno and R.O.B. are characters who just don't have much music attributed to them. Or maybe they do, and I'm just missing it. I've never played any of their games, so it's hard for me to judge. If you have any suggestions, I'll be glad to take them.
Some music from Super Mario RPG you could choose from for Geno:
Geno Awakens: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiMD06vZMPs Not the best music in the game, but it is associated with Geno
Beware the Forest Mushrooms: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPFndohdCuI one of the better tracks in the game, and also from the area where Geno joins your party. I see you have this one already (it's also the basis for that "Geno's Theme")
Fight Against a Somewhat Stronger Monster: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh9iibxyg14 (music for basic bosses)
Still, the Road is Full of Dangers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytp_EVRf8_I basic outdoor area music. Maybe not an amazing track, but bouncy fun in its own way and one of the tracks you hear the most.
Barrel Volcano: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9dM-hX5cds Barrel Volcano's music, simple.
Welcome to Booster Tower: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAK-At_rcc4

Bukki's Tango by McVaffe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ-vSWhe_4U quality remix of Welcome to Booster Tower

Those are some of the tracks that I remember as being pretty good. There are probably some others if I wanted to listen through the whole soundtrack.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
R.O.B. 99% there's no reason to think he'll be going anywhere.
predict: 99%

Ghirahim x5

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Wall-E....I mean R.O.B.

Likeliness: 98%

No reason for him to leave.

Want:100%

No cuts, no butts, no coconuts.

Ganondorf

89.90%

Nomies:

Nightmare x5

Groose

Smash Champion
R.O.B.'s chances: 90%
He's probably one of the lowest priority characters. That means that there's a chance he'll get eaten by time constraints. He's probably a lock, though.

R.O.B. want: 70%
R.O.B. was a great surprise on the Brawl roster for me. I enjoyed playing as him, as well; he was always one of the more unique members of the cast. Granted, I'm fine by cuts if it means we get more balanced gameplay and more fresh blood, but R.O.B. is definitely a cool customer.

Ganondorf Prediction: 96.24%
I see two main counterpoints people will use tomorrow: A) He's just a Falcon Clone and B) Demise. Fortunately, these points can be easily refuted.

Medusa x10
Those who lurk in the darkness must be made to face the light!

Some music from Super Mario RPG you could choose from for Geno:
Geno Awakens: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiMD06vZMPs Not the best music in the game, but it is associated with Geno
Beware the Forest Mushrooms: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPFndohdCuI one of the better tracks in the game, and also from the area where Geno joins your party. I see you have this one already (it's also the basis for that "Geno's Theme")
Fight Against a Somewhat Stronger Monster: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh9iibxyg14 (music for basic bosses)
Still, the Road is Full of Dangers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytp_EVRf8_I basic outdoor area music. Maybe not an amazing track, but bouncy fun in its own way and one of the tracks you hear the most.
Barrel Volcano: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9dM-hX5cds Barrel Volcano's music, simple.
Welcome to Booster Tower: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAK-At_rcc4

Bukki's Tango by McVaffe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ-vSWhe_4U quality remix of Welcome to Booster Tower

Those are some of the tracks that I remember as being pretty good. There are probably some others if I wanted to listen through the whole soundtrack.
I appreciate it.

Am I allowed to nominate Ganbare Goemon? Is he yoo unlikely to include? (See description below) http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goemon_(series)
Reason it out on your own. I have some general guidelines at the top of the nominations list if you need help.

(PS - Donbe and Hikari are the main protagonists from Shin Onigashima, Nintendo's first adventure game)

Thank you. I consider myself well-versed in Nintendo's History... but this duo escaped me.

DAY OVER

RETURN OF GROOSE

Groose

Smash Champion
R.O.B. (Robot)
95.44% chance
80.06% want

R.O.B. fought admirably and achieved results that were only a slight notch below the Ice Climbers. You may not have expected or wanted him for Brawl.... but now you do.

Today's competitor is one that lives in infamy. His name in Ganondorf Dragmire, and he wields the Triforce of Power. Will he return again in this game? Please leave your chance and want on Ganondorf today. Also, please keep in mind that even if he is given a different moveset, he is still Ganondorf. If Demise appears in his stead, however, he is no longer Ganondorf.

Please predict how Zoroark will fare in tomorrow's game. Doing so can earn you extra nominations, like those won by TheDivineDeity, Erimir, and SchAlternate. Enjoy the extra five!

Oh, and I almost forgot. Dixie Kong has been added to the nominations list. All characters that are eligible for re-nominations are listed at the bottom of the nominations list.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Gannondorf: 97$
want: 70% unless new moveset.

zoru- zororu- ZOROARK: 34% with big compeditors like lucario mewtwo and even genesect most people will shun him, but he still has some people who like him.

noms:
Kamek x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Ganondorf's chances: 99% - He's not going anywhere.

Zoroark prediction: 30%

Nominating Samurai Goroh x5

D

Deleted member

Ganondorf
Chances: 100%
Do I really NEED to explain? Ganondorf is one of Nintendo's most popular villains and is loved by many Nintendo fans alike. While he wasn't in Skyward Sword, this doesn't hurt his chances in my eyes as he is incredibly important and crucial to the Zelda series. People think that Demise will replace him since he is the recent villain, but I don't find that to be the case as Olimar made it in SSB4 and he wasn't the main protagonist in Pikmin 3. However, he could have some moves inspired by the climatic battle against Demise as Ganondorf is an incarnation of him. Overall, I find him to be extremely safe.
Ganondorf is the King of Evil. He is my favorite villain of all-time and I would be incredibly upset and disappointed if he wasn't in SSB4. However, the poor man needs his sword and his own moves!
Zoroark Prediction: 56.7%
I think that people will rate Zoroark at some high percentages because I think some people expect Zoroark to be in it rather than want (similar to Chrom).
Nominations: Sonic 5x

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Ganondorf:
Decloning is a slow process, you don't want to suddenly change everything about a character, or else those who played him in the last game will get prissy. Ultimately changing a move or two here and there is the best way to go, and I think an energy tennis ball for neutral-B is one move to change now he got a bit of personality in brawl. He's not having a full change, but I do see him having more change than brawl, and he can't have that change if he's not in the game.

Chance: 99.9%
Ganondorf needs to be proved to the fans, and he needs to change for Sakurai to get the respect he deserves. That and he's the most recognisable villain from LoZ short of Pig Ganon. That said, Pig Ganon would be a far greater Final Smash than animal beam from the last game, so perhaps both will get in.

He needs to be changed, but sadly slowly, I want to see the direction he goes in. That and I mained him in melee, so I want to see the guy be passably good again, but this time unique.

Zoroark: 56.7%
He's passed his best now, and illusion wouldn't work well in smash, but a lot of people will consider him the next Lucario, so he'll score fairly high.

Slime*5
(I need to predict better this slime, or else he's never goo-ing to get voted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom