• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groose

Smash Champion
Toon Zelda's Chances: 15%
Toon Zelda is a character that depends upon a host of conditions. I highly doubt we'd ever see Toon Zelda without Toon Link, who may not even make it into the game himself. I feel if Toon Link gets added, he will be a late addition as he was in Brawl... meaning that Toon Zelda would be an extremely late addition. What I'm trying to say here is that Toon Zelda would be a last-minute addition at the best. Still, Sakurai nearly pulled it off last time; who is to say he won't this time?

Toon Zelda Want: 40%
There are better, fresher choices for a Zelda newcomer, and Toon Zelda is clone material at best. True, Tetra would be unique, but the Toon version of Zelda wouldn't. Fortunately, I do love the more nimble playstyle the toon characters bring to the table, so I think I would enjoy playing as her.

Dillon's Prediction: 26.43%
A complete stab in the dark. He's not a hugely popular character, but he is relevant and people won't deny that.

Medusa x5

Groose

Smash Champion
HENCEFORTH, TROLL NOMINATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
I WAS WILLING TO LET OMASTAR, YARNE, AND GAIUS FLY, BUT YOU'VE MADE A MOCKERY OF MY DECISION. NOW, NOMINATIONS ON THESE CHARACTERS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNTIL A TIME IS REACHED THAT WE HAVE RATED MORE RELEVANT CHARACTERS. ADDITIONALLY, NO MORE TROLL CHARACTERS WILL BE ALLOWED--- NO REGGIE, NO FORRETRESS, NO DUNSPARCE, ETC.
I CAN ALSO ANNOUNCE THAT THIS DAY IS OVER.

Groose

Smash Champion
Waaa....

Toon Zelda and Tetra (The Legend of Zelda)
23.69% chance
42.26% want

Toon Zelda and Tetra thoroughly defeated Tingle in both chance and want. Even so, it would be difficult to call her day a success; she placed outside of the top fifteen in chance. Oh well. There's always the future, and that brings me to my next announcement.

Thirty days have passed since we rated Palutena. Now, she has been added to the re-nominations list. When she reaches 100 nominations, we will reevaluate her alongside whatever other character we rate. Sounds good, right? Everyday from here on out, a new character will be added to the re-nominations list. Keep a sharp eye out!

Today our character is Dillon, an armadillo who starred in a pair of eShop titles recently on the 3DS. Please leave your chance and want on Dillon today.

Tomorrow, our competitor is... Waluigi. Please predict how people will rate Waluigi in tomorrow's game. It can earn you extra noms, like those five won by Falkoopa.

Finally, I have announced a rule change. Troll nominations will no longer be accepted. Stop trying to make a mockery of the game. You're wasting precious time.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Dillon time! Remember when everyone knew him as Jiro? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Likelihood: 25%
I don't see Sakurai going all-out on new series characters, as he hasn't added a ton per game in the past. That being said, I think there are other series that out prioritize the Dillon's Rolling Western series...

Want: 30%
He'd be pretty cool, but I don't really want him that much.

Nominating Pokemon Trainer x5

Predicting a 35% for WAAAAAAAA!

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
21% It's a new series and all and though it wasn't TOO well received by critics but the main problem is that it probably isn't big enough yet, but he's assist trophy material, definitely.

Want: 50% Who? *shrugs*

Waluigi prediction: 23.68% Hurray for joke characters that actually sort of have a chance!

Nomz: Well even if his nominations are currently prohibited he'll find his place eventually. Either way, IT'S MR. GAME AND WATCH TIME!
x5 Mr. Game N Watch

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Dillon rolls though the Wild West...

Dillon:
Likelihood: 15%
I honestly don't see him getting in. If his series gets another game, then he would have a good chance of getting into SSB5. I don't think an e-shop character is likely, but among them, Dillon has the best chance.

Want: 55%
He would be cool. Not much to say here, really, as I haven't played his game.

WAAA prediction: 27%
He's really a "love him or hate him" kind of character.

Nominations:
Vaati x 5
Samurai Goroh x 4
Sheik x 1

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Dillon: 8% he was only on an E-shop game witch says a lot even though he it getting a sequel that was revealed at E3 it was not a big announcement.

Want: 5% never played his game and he looks dumb

Waluigi: 23% there are some supporters but many more haters

x5 Zoroark

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Dillon's Chances: 35%
From decent selling 3DS games and cool moveset possibility, but he is not popular enough yet. I am giving him a 35% instead of anything lower because WFT has proven that anyone (With Reason) can make it. Still not that likely though.

Dillon's Want: 48%
Seems like a cool character that would fit with Smash.

WAA's Prediction: 35%
Not the most popular or wanted Mario newcomer and he is competing with Toad, Paper Mario and Bowser Jr. for a possibly non-existent spot.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Maybe you should replace troll nominations with characters not on the speculation chart. Makes it a lot more clear what is and what isn't a troll nomination.

Groose

Smash Champion
Also groose does bulborb count as a troll nomination? :p

Well, they're important enough... but the lack of arms and actual supporters means you should probably wait until later before nominating them.

Maybe you should replace troll nominations with characters not on the speculation chart. Makes it a lot more clear what is and what isn't a troll nomination.

In most cases, it's not hard to see what is and isn't a troll nomination. I'm considering a troll nomination to mean a character that has no chance in hell of getting in.

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Did anyone win nominations?
Dillon:
Chance: 10%
His series isnt popular enough to deserve him as a rep, yet.
Want: 4%
Im not a fan of him at all.

Prediction for Waluigi: 19.77%

Nominations:
Sylveon x5

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
HENCEFORTH, TROLL NOMINATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
I WAS WILLING TO LET OMASTAR, YARNE, AND GAIUS FLY, BUT YOU'VE MADE A MOCKERY OF MY DECISION. NOW, NOMINATIONS ON THESE CHARACTERS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNTIL A TIME IS REACHED THAT WE HAVE RATED MORE RELEVANT CHARACTERS. ADDITIONALLY, NO MORE TROLL CHARACTERS WILL BE ALLOWED--- NO REGGIE, NO FORRETRESS, NO DUNSPARCE, ETC.
I CAN ALSO ANNOUNCE THAT THIS DAY IS OVER.
Oh, you beautiful man, you! Thank you!

Dillon and Waluigi Time!

Dillon Prediction: 20%
I'll be honest, this is shooting out numbers. I don't know about Dillon that much, and frankly I don't really care.

Want: 10%
Like I said, don't care. Though I do admit I'd be happy to see an armadillo I guess.

Waluigi Prediction: 28%

For my nominations:
Medusa x5

And to MargnetMan and OcarinaofDoom, I'm pretty sure you two know what's a troll character and what's not. Just do us all a favor and nominate veterans.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Well, they're important enough... but the lack of arms and actual supporters means you should probably wait until later before nominating them.
Hmmm well OK but I will most likely give him 1 nominations next "day" just to put him on the charts :p

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
And to MargnetMan and OcarinaofDoom, I'm pretty sure you two know what's a troll character and what's not. Just do us all a favor and nominate veterans.
But I need to get philosophical here, does it count as a troll character if it's not from pokemon or fire emblem awakening? :p

Groose

Smash Champion
Hmmm well OK but I will most likely give him 1 nominations next "day" just to put him on the charts :p

NO. Please, vote for characters that actually have fanbases and a chance to get in. Otherwise, I will have to strip you of your nominations privilege. Please don't make me do it, and please stop derailing the thread with loaded questions.​

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Dillon:

Likelihood: 25% - I can only see it happening if Nintendo really wants to push eShop titles very far, and even then he has to get through the Sakurai test. His chances still aren't that bad though.

Want: 50% - I actually think he looks like someone who'd be fun to play, but I wouldn't mind if he didn't make it in either.

Waluigi Prediction: 23%

Nominations:
5x Pokémon Trainer

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord

NO. Please, vote for characters that actually have fanbases and a chance to get in. Otherwise, I will have to strip you of your nominations privilege. Please don't make me do it, and please stop derailing the thread with loaded questions.​
Well I can see you're getting a little pissy right now... *walks away*

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Dillon
Chance: 10%
He's a fairly new character, but its not impossible for him to be included.
Want: 0%
Never played those games.

Waluigi prediction: 19%

Noms:
Rayman x4
Skull Kid

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
Dillon:

Likelihood: 28% - If Nintendo wants to have a eShop rep, Dillon would probably be coted, since his series had relatively good sales for a new series. Also, he is pretty unique and would greatly improve the balance of the roster

Want: 70% - He's a shooter armadillo. How cool is that?

Waluigi Prediction: 24%

Nominations:
Zoroark x5

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Dillon:

Chances: 17%
He has a pretty large fanbase beside being a relatively new character. He might be a bit too new - very little history with Nintendo. HE seems more likely to be an AT or be a part of his own stage.

Want: 24%
I haven't played Dillon's Rolling Western (I think I got the name right), but I've heard good things. He seems like a very interesting and cool character.

OMASTAR, YARNE, AND GAIUS
Really? You didn't mention Sandbag? If you think Sandbag has more of a chance than they do, I'm pretty sure you don't understand "troll characters." Those character can at least move.

Also, there are hundreds of days before this game comes out, you'll run out of characters that actually make sense really soon.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Chances-25% He could be a decent representative of the e-shop games and his series is pretty popular but having said that, I don't think his series has achieved the recognition to truly stand out yet.

Want-60% Mostly ambivalent but he could be a fun character to have.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
And I don't really see how Bulborb is that bad of a nomination, he is in fact probably the most iconic and important enemy to the pikmin franchise and thus only beaten out by the captains for importance but the problem with those guys is that they all basically do the same thing so Bulborb is quite possibly one of the best options in the case that pikmin feels the need for a second rep (though it is worth noting that pikmin probably doesn't need another) When Tharja has 125 nomz or whatever Bulborb actually has a very slim but existent shot and isn't going to ruin your thread by being up for rating on day 87 or whatever

DOES IT COUNT AS A TROLL CHARACTER IF I CAN GIVE SOMEWHAT JUSTIFIED REASONING TO IT? :/

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Dillon Chances: No idea. Not even going to hazard a guess on this one. If this means my entire comment is forfeit then I apologize for wasting your time.

Dillon Want: 50% Eh he seems alright. I don't really know much about him though.

Waluigi Prediction: 15% Lotta hate and a fair amount of love.

Nominations:
Geno x5

Groose

Smash Champion
Really? You didn't mention Sandbag? If you think Sandbag has more of a chance than they do, I'm pretty sure you don't understand "troll characters." Those character can at least move.

Also, there are hundreds of days before this game comes out, you'll run out of characters that actually make sense really soon.

I didn't mention Sandbag because Sandbag is over and done with. Sandbag is one of the main reasons why I'm doing this. I don't want a repeat of his day, and I don't want a repeat of the complaints I received from his day.

For the record... I plan on barring Owain and Sandbag from getting renominated, at least until we get some more evidence that suggests I shouldn't. I mean... what's the point in voting for them again?

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Dillon: 39%
He's a first party character, which gives him an advantage over Isaac, Shulk et al. A moveset based off of spinning is already done by Sonic though. =/

Want: 70%
Smash needs more cowboys.

Nomz: Palutena x5

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Dillon:

Likelihood: 20%. His franchise is relatively new, so I'm not sure if he has the gravitas based on his appearances to be considered a Nintendo All-Star. So I think he would get in on the basis of a moveset potential that Sakurai has planned. But if Sakurai wanted to represent the eShop, he would be a good choice. But representing the eShop itself doesnt make sense because it would be like having someone particularly added to particularly represent a console or peripheral like the Famicom Disk Drive. The way by which characters appear has never really mattered to Sakurai from what I've seen. He's perfect as an assist trophy though.

Want: 60% Never played his game, but he seems like an interesting add.

Waluigi Prediction: Finally. 30.23%
Nominations:
5x Geno

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Dillon
Chance: 20%
it all comes down to how Sakurai and his team think of the game. they could see a lot of potential in him and if that was the case he could make it. but thats being a little hopeful on my end

I like him. i like his game, i like his design and i just think he'd be a good character

Waluigi: 20%

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Dillon: 39%
He's a first party character, which gives him an advantage over Isaac, Shulk et al. A moveset based off of spinning is already done by Sonic though. =/

Smash needs more cowboys.
Shulk is completely first party. Monolith Soft is a first party developer just like Retro Studios.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Dillon Chances 65% He is getting popularity, he's a new IP, and an eshop representative would be unique! But he is pretty new and only has 2 games (But Olimar had 2 games during Brawl's era too so I'm a little optimistic for him)

Dillon Want: 100% He looks so cool! And his games are super fun too, he looks like he'd fit right in! He's one of my Top 10 wanted characters!

Waluigi Prediction: 25% Ugh, get this guy away from me! He really only has some fan support holding him in the possibilities but a lot of haters, me included, don't want him playable

Nominations: x5 Starfy

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Dillon
Likelihood: 10%
yeah...I don't know about him, never heard of him before smashboards, but maybe Sakurai has.

Want: 75%
he's a cool character, I bet they could come up with a move set for him.

Waluigi
Prediction: 35%

Nominations:
Saki x5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom