• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Ike: 74% It's more likely he'll return, alongside Chrom, but he's third or forth on the chopping block should there be cuts.

predict: 21.41%

Saki Amamiya x5 (I'm backing Bayonetta once Saki has his day... if anyone wants to help me out :))

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Ike:
Prediction: 75%
Only competition is Roy and Chorm, and he has many more reasons to stay than to go.

Want:100%

Toon Zelda: 29%

Noms:
Omastar x1
Gaius x3
Yarne x1

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Ike

Prediction: 80%
Want: 100%

Toon Zelda: 20% - I don't want her in, but she was set to be playable in Brawl so...

Nominations:

Saki x2
Dillon x3

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Ike's chances: 85%

Toon Zelda/Tetra prediction: 19.27%

Nomination: Samurai Goroh x5

AfricanSanta

Smash Cadet
Ike chances- 85%- They can still add Chrom and not cut Ike.
Ike want- 30%- I'd much rather have Marth, Chrom, and Roy.

Toon Zelda/Tetra prediction: 31%

Nominations:
Dillon x5

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ike

Likeliness: 78%
Ike is a serious contender as a FE rep. He's popular, iconic, and requested. He does take a shot in relevancy though. FE does deserve three reps and Ike is likely to appear alongside Chrom or Roy; with Chrom being the most likely.

Want: 90%
I want him. Back!

Toon Zelda/Tetra

37.8% (sadly)

Nomz: Nightmare x3
Dark Samus

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Ike:80% One of the few lords to have 2 games, veteran status, unique moveset, popular and FE is almost undoubtedly going to get at least 3 reps this game. May not be the biggest priority but with Sakurai saying nobody has been cut, I'm confident he'll return. Want: 100% "I fight for my friends." :D 3x Vaati 2x Impa Toon Zelda: 22%

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Ike
Chance: 90% - He's one of the most popular Fire Emblem characters, there isn't much reason for him to be replaced.
Want: 50% - I wouldn't miss him

Toon Zelda prediction: 27%

Nominations: Professor Layton x5.

thisismatt

Smash Cadet
Ike - 70%; To paraphrase what I said over on GameFAQs, between he and Chrom, one or the other or both will be in.
Want - 70%; he's cool
Toon Zelda/Tetra predix - 19.85%
Noms: Mach Rider x4, Omastar

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Ike

Likelihood: 70%

I'm going to remain kinda neutral. The problem with Ike is that there are things that could go against him, and things that support him. You the fact that he is a veteran, but he could be taken out also in favor of someone else.

Want: 65%

Don't really care for him, but wouldn't want to see him go.

Toon zelda: 23%

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I think if Ike got cut there'd be more people upset than when Roy got cut.

Chances: 85%

As was said previously, Sakurai saying that no one had been cut yet gives Ike a pretty good chance of returning.

Adam Malkovich x5

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Ike

Likelihood: 75%

Want: 75%

Toon Zelda/Tetra

Prediction: 18%

Nominations:
Dillon x5

Groose

Smash Champion
Ike's Chances: 85%
All veterans are in the works. Ike has a leg up in that he is a completely unique veteran. He'll be atop the lower tiers in priority. I'm pretty certain we will see him, but if Nintendo rushes Sakurai, we may not.

Ike Want: 40%
I'm not opposed to veterans leaving, but I would miss Ike because he is one of (or is that the only?) the few heavyweight swordusers.

Toon Zelda/Tetra Prediction: 19.23%
I'll take a stab in the dark here. I suppose she'll outperform Tingle.

Medusa x5

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Ike

Chance: 90% - I don't see why he wouldn't return. Being one of the more famous FE chars, it is very likely he'll be back. Of course Chrom or Roy could be an obstacle.

Want: 90% - Despite suffering one of my worst ever defeats at the hands of an Ike player, I want Ike to return. Not a fan of cuts.

Toon Zelda Prediction: 50% - I think people are split on her.

Nominations:
Geno x5

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Hey I was writing this when you did that!

Ike

Popularity: One of the more popular FE characters.

Relevancy: One of the few FE characters with more than one appearance.

Roster & Competition: I think FE is unlikely to get more than 3 slots, which means if they wanted to put both Roy and Chrom or Chrom and Lucina, etc. in, Ike might not make it.

Sakurai: Has said he's not planning on any cuts yet.

Ike Chances: 87%
I think he's about the same as Lucario. Both are series where they might want to make room for the next generation. Fire Emblem only has two characters right now, so it could make room for more. But it's also a lot less popular than Pokemon, so it might not get them, and Ike might be cut if they prioritize other characters first.

Ike want: 50%
I don't really play as Ike, and I don't care that much about any particular FE character. I prefer for there not to be cuts, but really only because I don't want any of my favorites to be cut. So in reality, if my favorites were safe, it wouldn't matter much to me if Ike was replaced.

Toon Zelda/Tetra prediction: 25%
She ought to do better than Tingle, but not that well.

Nominations:
Simon Belmont x5

Groose

Smash Champion
Ike (Fire Emblem)
78.58% Chance
73.48% Want

Two things are immediately clear after Ike's performance: 1) We Like Ike and 2) We think Sakurai likes Ike. He destroyed the likes of Toon Link and Lucario in both want and chance; he also was far more popular than Chrom, Roy, Lyn, and the other Fire Emblem characters. Ike definitely did well, didn't he?

But that is yesterday, and we must wash away the past. Today's candidate is Toon Zelda and Tetra, a duo that was left on the cutting room floor of Brawl. Can they seize a spot this time, or will they be left adrift? Please leave your chance and want on Toon Zelda and Tetra today.

Finally, Dillon will be our competitor for tomorrow. Please predict how people will rate Dillon in tomorrow's game. Doing so can earn you extra nominations, like those won by Paulkagebein.

Groose

Smash Champion
Hey I was writing this when you did that!

Well, I've already finished the calculations for Ike so I can't add your scores, but I will take your prediction and nominations.

I do feel bad because you're one of the raters I respect the most. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Toon Zelda/Tetra time!

Likelihood: 20%
I really don't see the Zelda series expanding, but this is one of the more likely options, if only because of the Forbidden Seven.

Want: 25%
Meh.

Predicting a 28% for Dillon

Nominating Pokemon Trainer x5

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Toon Zelda/Tetra:

Likelihood: 10% - I'm not expecting a LoZ newcomer myself, I can rather see the franchise losing a rep with Toon Link's chances, and if no Toon Link, then no Toon Zelda/Tetra either. So with that said, I think their chances are slim.

Want: 5% - I'm not really happy with what'd obviously be used as clone material, and in general I'm not really a fan of having the same character take up more spots on the roster.

Dillon Prediction: 17%

Nominations:
5x Pokémon Trainer

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Ooh, yay! Toon Zelda/Tetra!

Prediction: 35%
They have decent chances. But I think it's only if Toon Link comes back. If not, than it probably shouldn't be her. However, if he comes back, than they have the best chance in my opinion. They're decently popular, we've never had a pirate before, so I think they can get in.

Want: 95%
Yes. I love WW, my favorite Zelda game! I want them in. Someone like Tetra will have a good amount of personality.

Oh, yeah, Dillon: 31%
Eh. There are more worthy characters.

Nominations:
Ganondorf x5

We should get the veterans out of the way.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Toon Zelda/Tetra

Prediction: 30%

Want: 10% - There are others who deserves the spot over her

Dillon - 42% due to people wanting to turn him down.

Nomination:

Vaati x5

D

Deleted member

Toon Zelda/Tetra
Chances: 28%
Toon Zelda is part of the infamous Forbidden 7 from Brawl (those who don't know what the Forbidden 7 is, it's a group of cut characters that remain in Brawl's data). This may give us an idea that Sakurai did have plans to make a moveset for Toon Zelda and he could use that as a blueprint to make Toon Zelda a character. What Toon Zelda suffers is competition. Characters such as Vaati and Ghirahim will probably cut Toon Zelda's chances and might be seen as more worthwhile choices. She still has a chance, just not a big one. It all depends if Toon Link stays or not. If he gets cut, then all of her chances are gone.
Want: 0%
I would be ticked if there were two Zeldas in the roster. I didn't like having two Marios in Melee and I didn't like having two Links in Melee and Brawl. It makes me want more unique and different characters for the roster.
EDIT: I was in a rush, so I didn't get down all of my thoughts.
Dillon Prediction: 23.7%
I'm not expecting him get high scores on his chances.
Nominations: Ganondorf 5x

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Tetra

Popularity: she's from a pretty popular couple of games (Phantom Hourglass being the second)

Design: well, Sakurai seemed to be planning to add her. We don't know why she was cut, was it just a lack of time it did they have trouble coming up with the concept or what.

Probably he has an idea of what to do with her. The Zelda half might be clonish like Toon Link but Tetra would almost certainly have original moves.

Roster: she'd add another active female to the game, Tetra is not just a damsel in distress.

But she's also another Zelda character and there's some competition for that potentially non-existent slot.

She also is basically only getting in if Toon Link stays.

Toon Zelda/ Tetra chances: 20%
Toon Link might be cut, but even if he's not, Zelda might not get another character and it might not be her. But she's probably the most likely new Zelda character given the evidence from Brawl.

Tetra want: 72%
I like Zelda games and I like Tetra.

Dillon prediction: 23%
He's a new series so people are gonna talk him up, but in the big scheme of things most people have no clue who he is.

Nominations:
Simon Belmont x5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Tetra/Toon Zelda... 35%
in my opinion Toon Link has a 70% chance of staying and if he returns, there's about a 50% his companion will be there as a fifth Zelda rep. They are as prevalent as ever with The Wind Waker HD coming up.
I think Ghirahim is just as likely though.

Dillon predict: 17%

nominations:
Ghirahim x5
Saki Amamiya x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Toon Zelda/Tetra.

Likeihood: 28%
A bit more than what I gave to Tingle. Chances of a Zelda newcomer are doubtful, but being a part of the forbidden 7 does help.

Want: 90%
I would love Tetra's inclusion, but Toon Zelda... no so much. Also, if Sakurai does add a literal Toon Sheik, I'll be unhappy (though I might get some enjoyment in rubbing it on Diddy's face. :smirk: :troll:)

Dillon:
I'll pull out a number from my ass and say 17%

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Toon Zelda - 35%
Want - 55%

Not much to say. Personally I'd like to see her over any of the other possible Zelda newcomers bar Classic Link becoming the latest Child Link.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
Toon Zelda/ tetra. Chance 17%: Well toon link is already a pretty low chance, so hers is just lower. However, she was in the forbidden 7, but i doubt she would be cut due to time constraints because she would probably be a clone, i think she was cut because Sakurai thought about it more and realized that 1 toon character of someone who already exists in the roster is already enough.

Want 15%: Well having her means also having toon link which would be two spots of the roster, and even though windwaker was one of my first and favorite games, i would rather not have the same character but a different form, even though I have no doubt the tetra form could have a unique moveset, i would much rather see someone like skull kid, vaati, zant, ghiriham, or impa. There is just much more unique characters to choose from

Dillion: 20%
Nominate:
Bomberman x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Toon Zelda/Tetra
Chance: 20% - The only thing she has going for her is being part of the forbidden seven. Even so I don't feel it's very likely that both Zelda and Link will have two incarnations in Smash.
Want: 29% - If Toon Zelda does make it in, then I hope it's ghost Zelda from spirit tracks.

Dillon prediction: 22%

Nominations: Professor Layton x5

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Toon Zelda/Tetra

Chance: 40%
She is part of the forbidden seven. Also she would be more likely if Toon Link stayed. She competes for a fifth Zelda spot,which might not happen. Tons of other good Zelda characters.

Want: 50%
I would care more about Tetra, as she would not be a clone and they compete with Tingle,Impa,Skull Kid and others.

Dillon Prediction: 38%

Nominations:
Alph (Pikmin 3) x5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom