• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Toon Zelda/Tetra

Chance: 40%
She is part of the forbidden seven. Also she would be more likely if Toon Link stayed. She competes for a fifth Zelda spot,which might not happen. Tons of other good Zelda characters.

Want: 50%
I would care more about Tetra, as she would not be a clone and they compete with Tingle,Impa,Skull Kid and others.

Dillon Prediction: 38%

Nominations:
Ike x2
Lucario x2
Alph (Pikmin 3) x1

You can't nominate Ike and Lucario yet, sadly. There needs to be a 30 day wait before we can revote characters.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Toon Zelda/Tetra
Likelihood: 10%

Want: 25%

Dillon
Prediction: 32%

Nominations:
Saki Amamiya (Sin & Punishment) x5

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Tetra/Toon Zelda:
Chances: 15% (20% if just Tetra)

I feel that it is more likely that it would just be Tetra (not Tetra/Toon Zelda in a Zelda/Sheik type deal - I mean it would be sort of lame to make another Zelda series a newcomer a partial clone just like the last two extra Links). It would probably be Tetra with her Final Smash as Zelda (something related to that final battle in WW - though that would probably still make her FS Light Arrow, but there's something else it could probably be). I feel that neither option is very likely, but she had some sort of data in Brawl and there's WW HD remake coming out soon so I can't rule them out.

Want: 20% (30% if just Tetra)
WW was a fantastic Zelda game and Tetra was a pretty great character. Who doesn't like Pirates?

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Toon Zelda/Tetra
Chances: 20%
it all hinges on whether or not Toon Link returns and even if he did theres still no guarantee she would make it either.

Want: 80%
Hell yeah i love Tetra and i think she would be a fantastic addition. Toon Zelda im w.e about. Tetras all i want.

Dillon Predictions: 25%

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
15% *shrugs *
Want: 10% I wouldn't hate her but if she's just going to be a faster zelda clone then... There would be a chance I could use her but it still wouldn't make her a good addition (I have the same attitude towards Toon Link)
Dillon: Seems like a likely assist trophy candidate but may not have enough importance to merit being playable 22.7%
Nomz: Omastar x3
G&W x2

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Toon Zelda/Tetra: 18%
Tink is already uncertain for this version and even so, she has competition from several others with her series.

Want: 0%
I don't like copy characters. First it's Tink, then Telda, then Tanon. We'll have a 6 person roster with only 3 different characters -_- For the sake of roster diversity, lets not.

Dillon: 29%

3x Vaati
2x Impa

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Toon Zelda/Tetra
Chance: 23%
In her favour; Wind Waker getting re-released and she was part of the Forbidden seven.
Against her; Zelda is one of the least requested franchises to recieve a new rep, from the Forbidden Seven she's at least below Mewtwo, Roy and Dixie in terms of want.

Want: I actually love Wind Waker so I'll give her a 50%. Tetra alone would have scored higher, but Toon Zelda drags her down for me in terms of want; two Links and two Zeldas? Gosh.

Dillon prediction: 24%. I personally support the guy, but a lot of people won't have played his game, or feel he's well known enough to get a placement.

Nominations:
I'm in a tricky situation...everyone I've cared about has been voted on...let's throw out some random votes!
Waluigi X 3
Meowth X 2

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Zeldra:
I think if toon link makes it in I think she stands an 80% chance; forbidden seven aside she's a cool character in Zelda, and Tetra's just cooler than other Toon Zelda incarnations, and has more importance than the others.
That said, Toon Link has a passable chance of getting dropped due to clone syndrome, so to spoil later days I give him a 60% chance. Thus...

Chance: 48%

Want: 100%
I like Zeldra more than Sheidra, she has more importance in the zelda series, and PIRATES are better than ninjas.

Dillon: 38.87%
I don't have a clue, so numbers.

Slime*5 (For dragon quest votes, I won't sn-Ooze!)

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I have a suggestion. Pokemon Trainer will be voted on within the next few days most likely. Can we do two separate ratings on that day?

One for Pokemon Trainer Red, the veteran, as is, with Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard.
Another for Pokemon Trainer, the newcomer, representing whichever other starter Pokemon?

I'm thinking the results for each will be very different, and maybe, in theory, maybe even total up to about 100%?

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
Toon Zelda/Tetra

Likelihood: 30% - If Sakurai decides he wants to put a fifth Zeda rep, Toon Zelda would be one of the characters fighting for this position. If Toon Link is cut, however, I don't think Toon Zelda would have any chance, so her appearence in the game relates directly with another character, which lowers her chances

Want: 80% - Hell yeah! She would be pretty awesome

Dillon: 27%

Nominations:
Zoroark x5

Sebz

Luchador Extraordinaire
Toon Z/T~ 33%
Previously considered and still relevant to the Zelda franchise. Continues to appear in games such as Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks.

Want~ 70%
Wind Waker might just be my favorite Zelda game so I naturally want more Toon Zelda characters. While Toon Zelda would probably be clone-ish, I'm more excited at the prospect of playing as Tetra. Pirate based moves could be tons of fun, and she has a distinct visual appearance.

Dillon~ 16%
Unless Nintendo really wants this to become a thing, I don't see him making it in. Admittedly, I love westerns and think he could be an interesting addition.

Noms:
Genesect x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Toon Zelda/Tetra

Chance - 35% - While she was a part of the forbidden seven, I have a feeling she was chosen as more of a last minute clone. She still has a chance as the Toon Games are quite popular, but that's only if Toon Link returns.

Want - 60% - I'd actually like Tetra to be in, but the fact that she is shackled to Toon Zelda drags her down.

Dillon Prediction - 40% - I think he'll have the highest score for an eShop representative, but that's still not high.

Nominations
ROB X5

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Toon Zelda/Tetra: 35%
She won't be in without Toon Link, but if he's in and Sakurai wants a relevant, reoccurring character then Toon Zelda is a good choice.

Want: 55%
Would be indifferent, but Tetra.

Dillon:30%
Poor guy is gonna get underrated.

Noms:
Omastar x1
Gaius x1
Yarne x1

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Likelihood: 50%. Just because they were planned to be in the last game doesn't mean they're going to be in this game

Want: 0%. Toon Link was bad enough, I seriously do not want another one

Dillon prediction: 60%? I'm really not good with this prediction stuff

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Toon Zelda

Chance 20% - While i think there is a chance i just dont think they were anything more than filler that never saw the light of day. Toon Zelda/Sheik could be unique, but we already know they would come behind a regular zelda and have a higher chance of being a clone, and i dont think sakurai would want a possibility of 4 versions of zelda as well. Some may say WWHD will ensure her chances, but as it stands right now i think WWHD wasnt even known about by sakurai at the time so there is the possibility that it wont have any affect what so ever.

Want 0% - I dont want more alt versions of already represented characters, theres more potential from the zelda series without double dipping.

Dillon - 30% - He could be very unique and represent a segment of nintendo not yet repped, but its really hard to say right now for him since he isnt exactly a huge figure for nintendo.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Toon Zelda Chances: 20%
I would daresay she is the most likely Zelda newcommer being part of the Forbidden 7 and all. Also she is one of the few reoccuring characters who isn't already represented. That said who knows why she is part of the Forbidden 7. Perhaps they tried to make her and failed, and Sakurai has no desire to try again. Who knows. The point is she clearly wan't a priority or she would have made it in the game. Also do we really need another Zelda rep?

Want: 70% I'm not a supporter per se, but as long as she had a unique Tetra moveset I could dig it.

Dillion: 35%... I honestly have no idea.

Nominations: Geno x5

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Toon Zelda/Tetra
Chance: 21%
I doubt there will be a newcomer for the Zelda series but if there is it might be her.

Want: 50%
Im indifferent. I would be glad to see her but I wouldn't be bummed out if she didnt make it.

Prediction for Dillon: 13.47%

Nominations:
Sylveon x5

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
This is going better than expected, though this seems to in large part due to users giving ratings quite a bit higher than their actual reasoning suggests.

Toon Zelda/Tetra - 25%
Here's a real oddity: a newcomer who depends pretty heavily on a clone character returning, and a very specific pairing that may not happen even if Toon Zelda or Tetra is included. We know that Tetra has appeared in two games now and will soon appear in Wind Waker HD, while Toon Zelda has appeared in a handful more thanks to the prevalence of the Toon universe in Zelda games of the past decade. Considering how odd being a recurring character in the Zelda games is, that's a pretty big leg up on the competition. Further, with Toon Link already being in and quite popular, the door is certainly open for more Toon characters to appear. The competition is pretty weak thanks to most candidates being one-offs or having less popularity, and being in the Forbidden Seven means she has been considered in the past (considering Toon Sheik as likely to turn to Tetra due to lack of a Toon Sheik in the games). It also doesn't hurt that Toon Zelda would likely be a Zelda clone, so only Tetra would require a completely new moveset (which she has plenty of potential for).

Really, the big problem with her is that first sentence: she's very unlikely to show unless Toon Link is already in, and even then we may just get Tetra or Toon Zelda or even Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik. There's also no guarantee the Zelda franchise will get a fifth character slot, or that she would beat out the plethora of other candidates for said fifth slot. As such, it's difficult to rate Toon Zelda/Tetra too highly. However, I feel that the pairing is still quite a bit more likely than most, and it seems the logical choice should Sakurai consider using either Toon Zelda or Tetra, thus 25% feels about right.

Want - 90% - I love the toon universe, and Tetra would surely use a unique moveset. Would be a very exciting addition.

Dillon Prediction - 35%
He's got a decent amount going for him, and I think a lot of users here know it.

Nominations
R.O.B. x5

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Chances: 27%
Dependent on Toon Link staying and still having time afterwards.

Want: 65%
Both are super cute~

Nomz: waluigix5

Groose

Smash Champion
You can't nominate Ike and Lucario yet, sadly. There needs to be a 30 day wait before we can revote characters.
Tomorrow, Palutena will be placed on the renomination list. I don't expect that she will make a huge impact... but the day after tomorrow... that character... I have no doubt that HE will receive nominations for a revote.

I have a suggestion. Pokemon Trainer will be voted on within the next few days most likely. Can we do two separate ratings on that day?

One for Pokemon Trainer Red, the veteran, as is, with Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard.
Another for Pokemon Trainer, the newcomer, representing whichever other starter Pokemon?

I'm thinking the results for each will be very different, and maybe, in theory, maybe even total up to about 100%?
Sadly, the nominations for the Pokemon Trainer have been all going towards Red, the trainer that appeared in Brawl. A few other nominations have been filed for different Pokemon Trainers---in particular, I do remember some for a Hoenn Trainer.

When all else fails vote Omastar :p
After Omastar's day, I am NOT letting you move down the list of other irrelevant Pokemon. No Kabutops, no Dunsparce, no Magikarp, no Feebass.

It's bad enough that Omastar is flying up the nominations list.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
After Omastar's day, I am NOT letting you move down the list of other irrelevant Pokemon. No Kabutops, no Dunsparce, no Magikarp, no Feebass.

Or... here's a suggestion. You don't count Omastar. It was bad enough we had Sandbag, but I guess he has some miniscule chance. Enough with the joke nominations. I mean, you do have control of the poll. You can just cast it aside.

AfricanSanta

Smash Cadet
Toon Zelda/Tetra-
Chances: 20%- I doubt we'll get a Zelda character, and even if we did there's competition.
Want- 0%- It's bad enough we have 2 Links, why do we need 2 Zeldas?

Dillon Prediction- 35%

Nominations:
Genesect x5

Hank Hill

Smash Apprentice
Chances: 5% - I honestly don't see them making it into the game due to heavy competition and the like.

Want: 50% - Only for Tetra because I think there really isn't a character that fights like a Pirate, you know, cheap-shots and the like.

Dillon Prediction: 25%

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Likelihood: 15% - Honestly, I feel like Toon Zelda was only on the Forbidden Seven because Sakurai wanted to pad the roster like he did in Melee, until Sonic came along and prevented him from doing so. The fact that "Tetra" is referred to as "Toon Sheik" makes me think that Tetra was never even planned as Zelda's other half. It was probably just an actual Toon version of Sheik, seeing as how Sakurai has a thing for Sheik for whatever reason. Honestly, I feel like if any Zelda character makes the cut, it will be Ghirahim, Impa, or Tingle, and even then chances are pretty slim. Toon Link already fills the "toon" quota, and any other toon characters would be overkill, IMO.

Want: 29% - There are so many other Zelda characters I'd rather see other than ANOTHER second copy of a character we already have. Ghirahim, Vaati, Tingle, and so many others would all have more unique movesets than a character who is literally just small Zelda.

Dillon Prediction: 37% - He's honestly a longshot, but he's waaaay overrated by a lot of people.

Nominations
Samurai Goroh x3
Medusa x2

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Toon Zelda/ Tetra's likelihood 15%: Like the rest of the forbidden 7, being a part of the forbidden 7 does not in it of itself help. Because her main competition would be characters created after Brawl. Luckily for her, there aren't that many. But her likelihood is also tied to Toon Link, because I can't see her making it in without Toon Link.

Want: If it's just as Tetra, I would it would be 75%. Tetra is my favorite Zelda of the Zelda series.

Predictions for dillon: 24.76%
Nominations:
Waluigi x5 (almost there)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Toon Zelda/Tetra

Likeliness: 38%
I think that the duo's chances of appearing are exponentially higher only if Toon Link reappears. In fact, I think that Toon Zelda/Tetra's chances are dependent on Toon Link (whose chances are already getting somewhat slimmer). In addition, they could be just another semi-clone and competes against other viable LoZ characters though I'd day she is one of the best contenders. Plus, at least Toon Zelsa possibly planned for SSBB which could both bolster or hurt her chances.

Want: 90%
I have always liked the Toon series and was sad to hear her and Toon Shiek was planned but not included. However, I'd prefer her with Tetra than just herself, Toon Shiek, or Phantom. She could easily have an unique move set or just a cloned one.

Dillon
42.5%

Nomz:
Nightmare x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Toon Zelda/Tetra's chances: 15%
Want: 20%

Dillion prediction: 30%

Nominate Samurai Goroh x5

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Toon Zelda/Tetra: 15%
Dependent on Toon Link returning, which is already iffy. Being part of the forbidden seven doesn't mean quite as much as people thinks it does.

I can't see her happening.

Want: 32%

Kinda cool I guess, but not really wanted.

Dillon Prediction: 23%
Most people don't seem to think he has a good shot.

Nominations:
Pokemon Trainer x5

He shall finally happen!

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom

Does that apply to me with random Fire Emblem characters? If so, better start giving them nominations now :troll:

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord

:c (Well fine then >.> I would've been nominating foretress any way so no huge loss)

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Does that apply to me with random Fire Emblem characters? If so, better start giving them nominations now :troll:
:c (Well fine then >.> I would've been nominating foretress any way so no huge loss)
Please just stop. Omastar was funny for the first day or two. Now it's become really stupid. It's not funny anymore. Either nominate characters that actually deserve it, or don't at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom