• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Midna:
Likelihood: 0%
Chances of a Zelda newcomer are quite questionable, not to mention that there are a few forerunners for that spot, like Tingle, Tetra, Impa and Ghirahim.

Want: 25%
I liked her in Twilight Princess,... but I like other Zelda characters more. (Look at my sig.)

Cookie Country stage:
Likelihood: 40%
Probably the most likely Kirby stage.

Want: 65%
I'm not really too big on stages.

Isa Jo prediction: 2%
Meowth prediction: 10%

Bowser's Castle stage x 5

andimidna

Smash Master
Wouldn't 0% mean it's impossible? Just sayin'...
3rd most requested Zelda character isn't impossible when Rosalina is confirmed.
And when Wii Fit Trainer is confirmed.
Nothing is 100% until Sakurai says so.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Midna
Chance: 20%
Okay, I actually think there's a slight possibility this COULD feasibly happen. It appears that we're once again sticking closely to the Twilight Princess style(if Zelda is anything to go by) and as characters are usually picked based on the previous gens games Midna does have a slim chance of appearing having appeared on both Wii and Gamecube.
However, I think it unlikely we'll have her without Wolf Link, and having three Links(possibly four if a Melee DLC pack occurs with Young Link in it) seems like overkill.

Want: 20%
I wasn't a fan of Twilight Princess although Midna was probably the best thing in it. That said there's still several Zelda characters I'd prefer to play as before her.

Cookie Country
Chance: 50%
It could really go either way for a Kirby stage. This one's pretty likely but there's plenty of competition for a Kirby stage.

Want: 50%
Indifference at it's finest.

Predictions:
Meowth: 8%
Unlikely due to Mewtwo + Brawl, but still one of the few Pokemon actually worth considering.

Isa Jo: 3%
Saki will be seen as the superior Sin or Punishment choice probably.

Nominations:
Bowser's Castle X 5
Pretty much one of the few stages I think a lot of Mario fans have been waiting for forever. Make it happen this time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Midna and Cookie Country have been added to the Directory.

Midna
Chance:
1%

Midna is still a popular Zelda character and she does benefit from Link and Zelda still having their Twilight Princess designs (I bet Ganondorf will also have his design from TP). Unfortunately, I cannot see Midna get in this game. There are other characters that have risen above her. First of which is Ghirahim, the new villain from Skyward Sword who has a fair number of requests. Second is Toon Zelda who was a part of Brawl's Forbidden 7. With these two competing for the 5th Zelda slot, where does that leave Midna? She seems to be on the low-spectrum of Zelda characters. She doesn't have the games that Tingle has nor the re-occurance of Vaati. I don't even think that there has been any mention or desire to bring Midna back by Nintendo. In the end, she is just a popular one-off character like Saria or Groose.
Her chances… are in the twilight.
Want: 5%
I guess she could have some potential? I rather have Ghirahim and Tetra before Midna.

Cookie Country
Chance:
25%

I don't have much to say on this one. I gave 15% more than Nutty Noon because it has the benefit of being the first area in the game. However, I find it hard for it to establish its own identity.
50% less than Nutty Noon? Yeah.
I think that the creators could get inventive with Nutty Noon and I find that area to be more rememberable. I wouldn't be opposed to Cookie Country at all, but it's not something that I must have in Smash.

Isa Jo Prediction: 3.33%
He'll have the benefit of being the main protagonist in the second game, but he'll have some miserable scores thanks to his own father, Saki. I bet that it will be like another Matthew day; a character who is a son of a more wanted and expected character.
Meowth Prediction: 9.19%
Bias might save Meowth.

Since we are going to rate Zael soon (hopefully), I won't be nominating him. I want to nominate Wario Land Wario so freaking bad, but the WarioWare Anniversary is coming around the corner (March 21), so I don't want to make those noms in vain if Wario gets confirmed (and I will be disappointed if he doesn't).
So… what will I be nominating…?
Nominations: MONADO! LEND US YOUR POWER! (Shulk) 5x
Yes, Shulk. I see no need, reason, or desire to rate Shulk again as nothing has changed for him and I find him perfectly fine where he is on the chance charts. Little Mac got confirmed and more X footage has been shown, but this doesn't add nor subtract anything from his case.
Regardless, I am going to nominate Shulk. I have prepared something for that day…

Last edited by a moderator:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Midna:
Chances: 1%
Want: 0%

-Cookie Country:
Chances: 50%
Want: 70%

-Isa Jo Prediction: 3,2%

-Meowth Prediction: 5,4%

-Nomination: Toon Zelda/Tetra X5

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Wouldn't 0% mean it's impossible? Just sayin'...
3rd most requested Zelda character isn't impossible when Rosalina is confirmed.
And when Wii Fit Trainer is confirmed.
I wouldn't call Midna the 3rd most requested, more like the 6th most requested, behind Tetra, Ghirahim, Tingle, Impa and Skull Kid. Midna's popularity has fallen a ton since pre-Brawl. I do agree that few things are 100% for certain, but Midna is more likely to be around the 2% in chance due to her low request and 0 advertising potential (unlike many of the previously mentioned), and while I'm at it might aswell give her a 0% in want, since I felt TP wasn't exactly a great game, and Midna is partly at fault for that.

As for Cookie Country:

Chance: 30% - It's one of many possible Return to Dreamland stages. However, I'm expecting Halcandra to take the spot.

Want: 10% - Cookie Country would honestly be a waste of stage potential imo, Return to Dreamland has so many awesome worlds, and this one is by far the most bland. It's just your regular Green Greens knock-off, nothing exciting about it. I really want them to grab a chance at something else.

Nominations:
5x Mii

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Midna 1.5%
Cookie Country 5%

predict Isa Jo - 4%
predict Meowth - 3.5%

Flynn (Shin Megami Tensei) x10

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
So, about Midna.
Chances: 20%
Despite being a fan of the Zelda franchise, I think a newcommer is unlikely. The serie is well represented with Link, Zelda and Ganondorf, and Sheik, even if not confirmed yet, is already a bonus to me.
BUT Rosalina had the chance to join the roster. Thought clearly highlighted recently, she is a secondary character, and the Mario series was also well represented.
The percentage I give actually applies to every potential Zelda newcommers in fact.
So why adding Midna? I think she can represent sidekicks, like Sheik represents helpers in games. Both are staples in the 3D main games.
Plus, she is one of the most unique characters from Zelda, being the abilities, the personality or the look.
And finally, Twilight Princess seems to still get some love in Smash, Link and Zelda retaining their TP look, and the TP Hyrule castle being shown in the VIllager's trailer.
Edit: There's also the fact she is kinda playable in TP. Kinda.

Also, I dislike the fact there's 5 characters, yet 3 original movesets only for my favorite franchise. Zelda need some love!

Want: 100%
A condescending, Wolf riding imp that use shadow magic despite being a good character? Yes please. (Wolf Link not necessary)

Cookie Country:
Chances: 80%
A classical background for a Kirby stage, makes sense. But remember the totally badass Halberd :troll:
I'm totally neutral about it.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Midna
Want: 10%
There's like 3 other Zelda reps I'd rather have.

Cookie Country
Can't rate this

Predictions:
Meowth: 4.6%
Isa Jo: 2.1%

Nominations:
Paper Mario Stage x5

Smady

Smash Master
Midna:

10% Chance: The fact that the Zelda models replicate the ones used in Brawl, and the character designs from Twilight Princess, plus the fact we've seen nothing else from the series that would set it in stone what game these are based on, helps Midna's chances. That is a long shot though, for all we know this could be a combination of designs or simply keeping to what we had in Brawl for a number of other reasons, such as the fact Sheik doesn't have a design in Skyward Sword and neither is Zelda a good candidate for being a fighter in that game.

It's strange that Skyward Sword goes so unrepresented in Smash 4 because it's the only Wii-exclusive Zelda game, Twilight Princess already got its spotlight in Brawl, making me think there is something afoot there. It all gives leeway to a possible surprise TP2 if we are to believe the rumor mill, but this is just a rumor. If there's nothing to these designs and so on, Midna has no shot at all. She would've had her chance already.

55% Want: The character has some potential for a good set, to the point I'd not be against her inclusion, but the competition is way more interesting. There are several entirely unique options on the table from Zelda; Tingle, Ghirahim, Groose, who I'd want to see more. Midna was the best companion for Link and a great part of the game's plot, just didn't resonate with me especially well. Her personality always seemed too on the nose for me and borderline stereotypical.

On the moveset, she not only has an outlet for melee attacks in that magical hair, but an array of uniquely shadow-themed magic and an obvious, awesome final smash in that gigantic form she took to seize Hyrule Castle. I doubt she'd be on Wolf Link's back (three Links?) but on her own, she could be a decent choice.

Cookie Country:

40% Chance and Want: This is the most fKirby stage to be added. The problem it is similar to Green Greens, and while it may have distinguishing features, it's hurt by the fact every Kirby game has this type of level. I'm not particularly looking forward to it or think it's going to happen, at best I imagine the new Kirby game will get a trophy for Magolor, stickers, and maybe if we're lucky a boss. If it's a stage, I'd throw a dart at the board because it's probably unpredictable.

Meowth Prediction: 7.5%
One of the only potential Pokemon dark horses.
Isa Jo: 1.45%
I have no idea.

Arino (Retro Game Master) x5

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Midna:

Chance: 0.03%
Old and unimpoartant.

Dem hips don't belong in smash bros.

Cookie Country:

Chance: 45%
Kirby is well associated with the early grassland levels, and this is the newest one of them for home console.

Want: 60%
There would be more hype producing areas for RtD, but this would be pretty sweet.

Isa Jo: 2.73%
Saki is more likely.

Meowth: 4.31%
Fewer over inflated votes.

Fatal Frame*10
(Slime after this, ESRB ratings are too much for me to ignore when it comes to my favorite character)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Midna - 5%

The Twilight Princess designs are mostly what helps her, along with some still decent popularity. But her only appearance being in one game that was released a few years ago, her best time would've been in Brawl and she missed out on that chance. She still has a chance, just a very small one.

Want - 85%

Midna is one of my favorite Zelda characters. Initially I disliked her attitude earlier on in the game, yet, when she was dying after being attacked by Zant, I couldn't help but feel sorry for her. Overall I think her character development was fantastic, as is Midna's character as a whole. I do see some potential in her in as well, with or without Wolf Link.

Cookie Country Stage - 40%

If they want a new stage with Whispy Woods, this would probably be the direction they would go in for it.

Want - 60%

Would prefer a location like Dangerous Dinner but I would be happy with this as well, particularly if Whispy Woods is present.

Isa Jo Prediction - 1.30%

Meowth Prediction - 12.07%

2 DK newcomers x3

Medli+Makar Team x2

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Midna- Ehh? All I think of is time jokes...
Pros
+Twilight Princess is the main theme of the standard Zelda series this game
+Important character in said game
Cons
-New Zelda Character not especially likely
-Other competitions that has a brighter shot (Tetra, Toon Zelda)
-One off character. Sorry, but this actually does really matter. Rosetta isn't a one off, by the way.
Overall... not as likely, realistically. But a shot exists.
OVERALL RATING: 4%

Want: 00.00%- Kidd Zeal Tetra.

Cookie Country- Sweet!
Chances- 50%- It's the new Green Greens. Seriously, this thing is either getting in or we're getting, ahem, another Green Greens.
Want-60%- Something other than Green Greens, please.

Predictions
Isa Jo- You aren't Saki- 2.1%
Meowth, Overrated, Underrated!- 8%- Certain people are going to massively overrate and underrate him. He's a dark horse, yes, but there's MEWTWO.

Nominations
Shulk X5- Because he's got a few noms and I really would like to give out good ratings.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Midna
1% Chance
One Time Zelda Rep, GG
75% Chance
Sweet.

Abstain Cookie Country

Meowth 3.33
Isa Jo 2.22

Robin rerate x5
(After this becomes a thing, I'll be nominating Lucas (The Wizard)

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Midna

Chance - 0.75% - She still has a fan base, so she has a minute chance. She's not likely at all due to being outcompeted, though.

Want - 35% - More Toon characters, yadda yadda. I've repeated that enough.

Cookie Country

Chance - 7.5% - Yep. Sticking with what I said for Nutty Noon. May seem likely due to being most in-line with Kirby, but that's what the big problem is. We already have Green Greens as a prior stage, so can't we just keep that, pump the graphics a little, and say we're done? Maybe as a replacement, but I'm not certain they'd just throw away the very first level of Kirby.

Want - 30% - I'd rather keep Green Greens. At least Fine Field would have a different Whispy. This one? Not so much.

Prediction

Isa Jo - 7.5% - Shouldn't do better than Saki, but still better than what we have been getting.

Meowth - 10.5% - Mild decrease, maybe?

Nominations
Magolor X5

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Midna Chance: 30%. While this is quite high, she does have potential and popularity. Still isn't too likely though.
Want: 25%. Indifferent.
Cookie Country Chances: 90%. If it weren't for the fact that Brawl didn't feature a new Green Greens, I would literally give this a 100%.
Want: 60%. Would much rather have a Dedede Arena stage. Speaking of which...
Dedede Arena stage X3
Leif X2
Isa: 5%.
Meowth: 15%

andimidna

Smash Master
I wouldn't call Midna the 3rd most requested, more like the 6th most requested, behind Tetra, Ghirahim, Tingle, Impa and Skull Kid. Midna's popularity has fallen a ton since pre-Brawl. I do agree that few things are 100% for certain, but Midna is more likely to be around the 2% in chance due to her low request and 0 advertising potential (unlike many of the previously mentioned), and while I'm at it might aswell give her a 0% in want, since I felt TP wasn't exactly a great game, and Midna is partly at fault for that.

As for Cookie Country:

Chance: 30% - It's one of many possible Return to Dreamland stages. However, I'm expecting Halcandra to take the spot.

Want: 10% - Cookie Country would honestly be a waste of stage potential imo, Return to Dreamland has so many awesome worlds, and this one is by far the most bland. It's just your regular Green Greens knock-off, nothing exciting about it. I really want them to grab a chance at something else.

Nominations:
5x Mii
Calling Midna the 3rd most requested Zelda character was an understatement.
She's very popular on most sites, but for some reason, not this one.
Despite not being as popular on this one site, check out ShortieCanBrawl's poll results.

She's 3rd on this site. But on others she's even more popular.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ZnX9Z7Xf8glYI8m8fkCFI622q2InLTi-fLCDnhTsKhs/viewanalytics

Like this, a poll linked from youtube, where Midna is popular.

This is the first result for "Zelda newcomer poll":

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68545614

Looks like she's popular on Gamefaqs too.

I see her highly requested on Facebook groups and Miiverse as well.

It wasn't difficult to find loads of Midna art on Miiverse.

And when not in regards to Smash, it seems her name comes up the most pertaining to Zelda characters.
At least here, and all I searched was "Zelda characters"

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums...es-favorite-zelda-character-besides-link.html

A lot of Midna!

Tingle isn't popular in the West, and not even that requested in Japan despite being liked.
Impa isn't really popular anywhere, she kind of is here though. Kind of.
Skull Kid isn't playable, and his assist is obviously going to be the moon, so there's no reason to talk about him anymore.
You are correct in saying Ghirahim is more popular than Midna now.
Toon Zelda/Tetra is sometimes more popular than Midna, sometimes not. Both are in that 2nd place-3rd place area. It depends what site your on, and if your on this one, Midna is 3rd. That's why I said 3rd.

There seems to be some sort of confusion regarding old character's popularity.
Fans of a character don't just all die at once, or suddenly hate a character they used to love. Midna fans all still love Midna. Some may love Hilda or Ghirahim more now, but that doesn't mean they are not a Midna fan! People saying her character is dying out... are being a bit ridiculous. King K Rool, Geno, Banjo and Kazooie, and Skull Kid are still popular, why is it so difficult to understand she is too despite a reappearance. She's less requested now that she's less likely than Brawl. But that doesn't mean she has 1 less fan, it just means the fans are being quiet.

I believe the rumors saying she will return in Zelda U, but that's me. Hopeful me. But it would give her the MOST advertising potential.
In my opinion TP had a lot of flaws, but I can recognize all of them, and they still get outweighed by all of the pros so drastically, I can call it my favorite videogame of all time in full honesty.
Midna was a huge focus in TP, the game was all about developing her character, so if you were in a bad mood about one, you didn't like the other. However, looking at the game outside of your own perspective, you should be able to admit it achieved what it tried to, and her character is among the top 5 best developed in the series.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Groose, I have a very small request.

When day 168 comes can you title it "Isa and Meowth" instead of "Isa Jo and Meowth". I'm not really sure how we all got in to the habit of calling Isa by his full name all the time, but I imagine he would just be called Isa in SSB if he were somehow playable. After all we always call Saki by just his first name and never the full "Saki Amamiya", even when we rated him. Isa was never once called by his full name in Star Successor, it's only ever mentioned in the instruction Manuel. It's not a big deal but I think it would help people break the habit of calling him by his full name every single time he's mentioned. Just my opinion, it's your call.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Midna Chance: 4%
Midna Want: 20% Never played Twilight Princess. :p
Isa Jo prediction: 9.6% Very underrated candidate, but I have my doubts.
Meowth prediction: 5.6%
Nominations:
x5 Alph, Brittany, Charlie.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
MIDNA

Chance: 1% - Her prime was during the pre Brawl days.

Want: 50% - Twilight Princess is my favorite Zelda game and I liked Midna's character, but I'm indifferent to Midna's inclusion in Smash. Though her and Wolf Link would make an interesting dual-character.

COOKIE COUNTRY

Chance: 30% - Eh, Kirby stages have decent chances in general.

Want: 60% - A Kirbeh stage is always cool.

Isa Prediction: 2% - Not likely.

Meowth Prediction: 1% - It is going to be very low.

Nominations:
Other M Ridley x5

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Midna:

Chance: 2%
Not likely, but possible, I suppose.

I would be disappointed. Ganon, Impa, and Tingle are all on my want list for a Zelda newcomer. I'll be pretty disappointed if it's not one of them.

Cookie Country stage:

Chance and Want: ABSTAIN

Predictions:
Meowth: 7%
Isa: .5%

Nominations: x5 Non-Character Hanafuda Representation.

Groose

Smash Champion
Groose, I have a very small request.

When day 168 comes can you title it "Isa and Meowth" instead of "Isa Jo and Meowth". I'm not really sure how we all got in to the habit of calling Isa by his full name all the time, but I imagine he would just be called Isa in SSB if he were somehow playable. After all we always call Saki by just his first name and never the full "Saki Amamiya", even when we rated him. Isa was never once called by his full name in Star Successor, it's only ever mentioned in the instruction Manuel. It's not a big deal but I think it would help people break the habit of calling him by his full name every single time he's mentioned. Just my opinion, it's your call.
No problem. Having (regrettably, as I love rails-shooters) never played the game, I didn't know that. If anyone ever has a minuscule favor like this in the future, please don't hesitate to ask. For example, I can include a certain picture in the OP or introduce a character in a certain way. Remember--this is a community-run game, and I just try to keep it going as the community wants it to run.

Calling Midna the 3rd most requested Zelda character was an understatement.
She's very popular on most sites, but for some reason, not this one.
Despite not being as popular on this one site, check out ShortieCanBrawl's poll results.

She's 3rd on this site. But on others she's even more popular.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ZnX9Z7Xf8glYI8m8fkCFI622q2InLTi-fLCDnhTsKhs/viewanalytics

Like this, a poll linked from youtube, where Midna is popular.

This is the first result for "Zelda newcomer poll":

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68545614

Looks like she's popular on Gamefaqs too.

I see her highly requested on Facebook groups and Miiverse as well.

art

It wasn't difficult to find loads of Midna art on Miiverse.

And when not in regards to Smash, it seems her name comes up the most pertaining to Zelda characters.
At least here, and all I searched was "Zelda characters"

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums...es-favorite-zelda-character-besides-link.html

A lot of Midna!

Tingle isn't popular in the West, and not even that requested in Japan despite being liked.
Impa isn't really popular anywhere, she kind of is here though. Kind of.
Skull Kid isn't playable, and his assist is obviously going to be the moon, so there's no reason to talk about him anymore.
You are correct in saying Ghirahim is more popular than Midna now.
Toon Zelda/Tetra is sometimes more popular than Midna, sometimes not. Both are in that 2nd place-3rd place area. It depends what site your on, and if your on this one, Midna is 3rd. That's why I said 3rd.

There seems to be some sort of confusion regarding old character's popularity.
Fans of a character don't just all die at once, or suddenly hate a character they used to love. Midna fans all still love Midna. Some may love Hilda or Ghirahim more now, but that doesn't mean they are not a Midna fan! People saying her character is dying out... are being a bit ridiculous. King K Rool, Geno, Banjo and Kazooie, and Skull Kid are still popular, why is it so difficult to understand she is too despite a reappearance. She's less requested now that she's less likely than Brawl. But that doesn't mean she has 1 less fan, it just means the fans are being quiet.

I believe the rumors saying she will return in Zelda U, but that's me. Hopeful me. But it would give her the MOST advertising potential.
In my opinion TP had a lot of flaws, but I can recognize all of them, and they still get outweighed by all of the pros so drastically, I can call it my favorite videogame of all time in full honesty.
Midna was a huge focus in TP, the game was all about developing her character, so if you were in a bad mood about one, you didn't like the other. However, looking at the game outside of your own perspective, you should be able to admit it achieved what it tried to, and her character is among the top 5 best developed in the series.
Well spoken. I've become a pretty big proponent of broadening our dimensions recently, and seeing character popularity in usually "disregarded" locations is something I can no longer turn my eye from. I cannot, however, turn my eye from the fact that Midna isn't nearly as popular as a handful of other characters requested in such places, even if she does have a steady presence.

...unless the character we're talking about is a Yarne and Owain team. Then it's completely impossible.
Midna and Cookie Country have been added to the Directory.

Midna
Chance:
1%

Midna is still a popular Zelda character and she does benefit from Link and Zelda still having their Twilight Princess designs (I bet Ganondorf will also have his design from TP). Unfortunately, I cannot see Midna get in this game. There are other characters that have risen above her. First of which is Ghirahim, the new villain from Skyward Sword who has a fair number of requests. Second is Toon Zelda who was a part of Brawl's Forbidden 7. With these two competing for the 5th Zelda slot, where does that leave Midna? She seems to be on the low-spectrum of Zelda characters. She doesn't have the games that Tingle has nor the re-occurance of Vaati. I don't even think that there has been any mention or desire to bring Midna back by Nintendo. In the end, she is just a popular one-off character like Saria or Groose.
Her chances… are in the twilight.
Want: 5%
I guess she could have some potential? I rather have Ghirahim and Tetra before Midna.

Cookie Country
Chance:
25%

I don't have much to say on this one. I gave 15% more than Nutty Noon because it has the benefit of being the first area in the game. However, I find it hard for it to establish its own identity.
50% less than Nutty Noon? Yeah.
I think that the creators could get inventive with Nutty Noon and I find that area to be more rememberable. I wouldn't be opposed to Cookie Country at all, but it's not something that I must have in Smash.

Isa Jo Prediction: 3.33%
He'll have the benefit of being the main protagonist in the second game, but he'll have some miserable scores thanks to his own father, Saki. I bet that it will be like another Matthew day; a character who is a son of a more wanted and expected character.
Meowth Prediction: 9.19%
Bias might save Meowth.

Since we are going to rate Zael soon (hopefully), I won't be nominating him. I want to nominate Wario Land Wario so freaking bad, but the WarioWare Anniversary is coming around the corner (March 21), so I don't want to make those noms in vain if Wario gets confirmed (and I will be disappointed if he doesn't).
So… what will I be nominating…?
Nominations: MONADO! LEND US YOUR POWER! (Shulk) 5x
Yes, Shulk. I see no need, reason, or desire to rate Shulk again as nothing has changed for him and I find him perfectly fine where he is on the chance charts. Little Mac got confirmed and more X footage has been shown, but this doesn't add nor subtract anything from his case.
Regardless, I am going to nominate Shulk. I have prepared something for that day…
Although I see no change in his situation, I have re-evaluated the existing evidence, and I feel he deserves a small percentage boost (<5%) from my last rating. Not worth nominating him for me, though.

Midna Chance: 1%
Oh, how the old guard fall. Midna was once a fairly popular Smash request [never at the top, but definitely pretty darn noticeable] and she deserved a solid amount of consideration. Nowadays, however, her supporters are divided and outgunned as the Midna machine begins to rust. Her popularity and potential for uniqueness may get her a look, but she may never appear in another Zelda game, and she hasn't been seen for years as it is.

Midna Want: 100%
She's definitely up there, and has risen for me considerably over the last couple of months. She's a great character who would interact well with the rest of the Smash cast, play a much-needed antihero role, and would obviously bring something fresh.

I could go on about how Twilight Princess was the game that re-established and furthered my love for the Zelda franchise; I could point out how great of a game it was despite the flack it gets. But I'm not going to; I think Midna stands on her own here. What I will say is this: we need some sort of Zelda spinoff series where they bring together all of the Zelda side-characters--maybe some sort of minigame collection? I'd like to see Groose, Midna, Ghirahim, Linebeck, Skull Kid, and the others together in a game.

Cookie Country Chance: 20%
It is the first area in the game, and thatalways helps. However, it shares a fair few similarities with Green Greens and a plethora other Kirby areas, does it not? I think there's a solid chance they;d just choose something more classic.

Cookie Country Want: 25%
Meh. I'd rather a fresher Kirby stage.

Mii x5

DAY OVER

...MEOWTH, THAT'S RIGHT!

Groose

Smash Champion
Midna (Legend of Zelda)
6.32% chance
41.95% want

Midna may be in the twilight of her career as a Zelda character, but she has a bit of unfinished business with Smash Bros. Her scores aren't extremely high, but she did manage to hit Rank 64 in chance and a respectable want number.

Cookie Country Stage
40.47% chance
48.96% want

Whispy Woods is so established and liked in Smash Bros. that I've seen people ask for him to become playable. Cookie Country just got blown off course by the old tree's awesomeness.

Today we're rating Isa, the star of Sin and Punishment: Star Successor in chance and want. Can Isa pass by Saki on the chance charts? In addition, we're rerating one of the most recognizable Pokemon of all time: Meowth. Please rate Meowth in chance and want.

Tomorrow will feature Zael and Mii. No, not me, Mii! I used that same joke back in July. I just know I did. I can vividly remember thinking of that pun eight or nine months ago. Nice to know that all of my intellect is being consumed by useless memories like that one. Please predict Zael and Mii's scores.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Isa Jo:
Chances: 1%

-Meowth:
Chances: 3%
Want: 25%

-Zael Prediction: 2,1%

-Mii Prediction: 62%

-Nomination: Toon Zelda/Tetra X5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Isa and Meowth have been added to the Directory.
If you have rated Meowth, check to see what you've said on his day!
Isa
Chance:
5%

I'll give Isa some benefit from being the new protagonist in Sin & Punishment 2. Though, that game wasn't so successful to my knowledge and I believe people are leaning more towards Saki than Isa. Isa will also have a hard time getting in before Saki as Saki is the face of S&P. Even if Saki got in, Isa would still have a hard time getting his own slot on the roster as I doubt S&P will get 2 characters.
Overall… his chances are grim. If Saki is in this game, there might be hope for Isa in the next.
Might be cool.

Meowth
Chance:
10%

So I gave Meowth a… 30%?
Hmm… I'm not so sure if I agree with that.
On one hand, Meowth is by far one of the most recognizable Pokemon and Sakurai does know this. Meowth's recognition is helped thanks to its prominence in the anime. I could argue that maybe that 2nd slot in SSB 64 should have went to Meowth instead, but that time has long since past.
On the other hand, Meowth has some competition on its sleeve. Disregarding the obvious Mewtwo, there are tons of other Pokemon from other generations. The notable ones are Blaziken, Zoroark, and Genesect. In addition to those Pokemon, we also have requests for various trainers; whether it's a Kalos Trainer, Unova Trainer, or a Pokemon Rival, they would all have three Pokemon. While Meowth is popular, it doesn't translate well into requests as its not even mentioned as being one of the most wanted Pokemon in some regions. This leaves Meowth to having some trouble getting a single slot on the roster. If there was a Team Rocket Grunt taking up a slot, I say that Meowth would be highly likely for that slot.
I dunno if Meowth could get in…
Want: 80%
…but it's absence is certainly not right.
I've used a Meowth before in FireRed; I didn't like it. Regardless, Meowth is definitely a character that should have been in Smash. I don't hate Jigglypuff; I like Jigglypuff and I hope that it stays on the roster. It's just a shame that what could have been Meowth's slot was taken from him.
He's a Nintendo all-star and it stinks that he will only get justice as a Poke Ball Pokemon.

Zael Prediction: 3.63%
He might slightly edge out Aeron. However, The Incredible Shulk will SMAAAAAAAAAAASH his chances.
Poor Zael and Aeron. Their chances are crushed thanks to Monado Boy. At least we'll finish off the Rainfall Trio.
Mii Prediction: 60.72%
I'm more curious on their want. Pac-Man's want has spiked up, I wonder if the Miis will be the same.

Nominations: Shulk 5x

Whispy Woods is so established and liked in Smash Bros. that I've seen people ask for him to become playable. Cookie Country just got blown off course by the old tree's awesomeness.
Really?! O_o I have a hard time imagining a tree be playable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Isa: 0% Isa has jo chance.
Want: Isa has no want ether.

Meowth: 1% Not before Mewtwo

Zael: 1.13%
Mii: 67.89%

x5 Balloon Fighter (I will say this as subtly as possible) HELP ME NOMINATE HIM I think that was subtle enough
EDIT: That missclick (in Isa's chance rating) ended up becoming a great pun XD

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Meowth
Likelihood: 0%
Want: 100%

I was crushed when Meowth was deconfirmed in Brawl. It is clear to me that the Pokemon Company only suggests Pokemon (based on relevancy and recency) to Sakurai and Sakurai chooses the unique ones from the character suggestions he receives from the Pokemon Company. Meowth is not relevant nor recent so he is not suggested to Sakurai.

Isa
Likelihood: 20%

I never cared for Sin & Punishment games.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Isa - 5%
Isa faces an uphill battle if he hopes to be in Smash. For one, Sin and Punishment in general is unlikely to merit a spot due to being a very niche series. That's enough to make for low chances, but won't exclude a character from the running. Making matters considerably worse is that he is not the original protagonist of the series, Saki is, and worse, Sakurai is already known to be a fan of Saki and the original S&P. Now, in the already unlikely chance of a S&P rep, Isa could theoretically make the jump as the star of the most recent entry in the series and/or if Sakurai has become more of a fan of Isa in particular, but the safe bet is that if anyone is getting in, it's Saki.
Want - 50% - IMO it would be better to have Saki as the original, but I could easily see Isa winning me over as well.

Meowth - 0%
When I first considered how I wanted to rate Meowth today, my first thought is that he must be a zero, but that surely this was a result of my generally being harsher to characters in recent ratings. Maybe my first rating was more lenient? Well, after looking back in the directory, turns out I gave Meowth a zero last time too, over one hundred rounds ago. Considering the only real change since then is that Lucario has been revealed, making Meowth seem even more impossible, I'll go ahead and quote my old post:

Let's be clear: Meowth is possibly one of the most recognizable Nintendo characters not already in Smash, thanks to his prominence in the Pokemon anime since the show began. Were Pokemon not already well represented in Smash, I'd say he has a downright strong chance thanks to his anime roots. The problem is he kinda missed the boat. Jigglypuff took his potential spot in 64, Mewtwo won out in Melee, and Brawl picked another two reps beyond that. Meanwhile, Meowth hasn't exactly seen any surge of popularity that I know of, and if he's lost out this many times before, how can he hope to beat out another newcomer from possibly the most Smash-friendly franchise Nintendo has? It seems Sakurai has yet to see him as a real contender, and knowing how many characters Pokemon already has and where all the fan demand tends to go for new Pokemon Smash reps, I don't see him changing his mind any time soon. As such, I see no chance for an appearance in SSB4, and possibly no chance for any future Smash either. At least he'll always be a strong contender for appearing from a Pokeball, right?
Yes, everyone knows him from the anime. No, that doesn't make him a Smash character. There's far too much competition from more popular and generally more Smash-friendly Pokemon for him to have any reasonable chance, and in my book that makes him zero-worthy.

Want - 5% - He'd be kinda cool just as an anime rep, but his inclusion would be infuriating in just about every other way.

Zael Prediction - 3.7%
As the main character of one of the three Project Rainfall games, he's bound to get some generous ratings.

Mii Prediction - 62%
Considering they're in a very similar spot to Pac-Man thanks to the E3 rumor and Pac-Man got a sizable jump after Little Mac's reveal, I'll bet the Miis get a comparable boost.

Nominations
50 or More Character Slots x5

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Isa
Chance: 13% - I know I'm going to be in the extreme minority here, but I actually think he has a slightly better chance than Saki (who I gave a 9%). Many are way to quick to assume that Saki is the face of the series mostly because of the assist trophy and the obvious Isaac and Mathew father/son comparison. In reality the original S&P bombed even harder than the sequel, so hard that the international release was cancelled despite the fact that the English dub was nearly finished. I think Sakurai would likely prioritize Star Successor, the actual international release.
Want: 79% - I'd be happy with either S&P protagonist.

Meowth: 17% - He should be one of the front-runners for a Pokemon rep.
Want: 47% - I'd want him a lot more if there was a chance of him shouting "looks like I'm blasting off again!!" during a star KO.

Zael prediction: 1.7%

Mii prediction: 50%

Nominations: Alph x5

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Why would Meowth's inclusion be infuriating? I don't get it.
It would mean the character who's known for being a weak fighter, poor villain, and really only known for being able to talk got in over lots of other Pokemon who would almost certainly make for more interesting Smash characters. Perhaps disappointing would be a better word, but I can't say I'd be happy.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
You don't know if Meowth would be uninteresting because we never got the opportunity to see how unique a playable Meowth would be... people used to think that Animal Crossing characters cannot fight because they are too peaceful... many people didn't think Rosalina would be anything more than a Peach clone... and many detractors said Little Mac cannot be unique because all he does is punch... why judge characters on the surface when they got hidden depths...

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Isa Jo Likelihood: 4%

Meowth Likelihood: 2.25%
Want: 85%

Zael: 1.55%
Mii: 54.65%

Unlockable Newcomers x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Isa Jo

Chance - 5% - Not getting in over Saki, that's for certain. Typically, I would expect the most iconic protagonist of the series before anyone else, and that's Saki. I'll say that he's a bit more likely than many others we have been rating, but that's it.

Want - 43% - Eh. Basically the same as Saki.

Meowth

Chance - 4% - Another rerated character where I'm not changing anything. The Anime is all he has going for him, but there are so many characters that are important to both the games and the anime that I think he'll be mostly overlooked. He wasn't picked yet, so why now?

Want - 50% - Do not care in the slightest.

Predictions

Zael - 2.75% - Close to Aeron, I presume.

Miis - 58.5% - Little Mac's going to give confidence to the "Leak," I guess...

Nominations
Magolor X5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
The extra nominations today go to @ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad for Midna and @ Cheezey Bites Cheezey Bites for Cookie Country.

Isa's chances: 3% - Don't think we're getting a Sin & Punishment character, thinking even if we did that it would be Saki over Isa.
Want: 20% - Not terrible but I'd rather have Saki.

Meowth's chances: 5% - A completely new Pokemon character isn't likely. Jigglypuff, The Trainer, and Mewtwo are all likely to return in my eyes, and a sixth character isn't happening right now. However I do think he's be one of the frontrunners for a character in the event that one of the above fails to get in or if there for some weird reason are six Pokemon reps.
Want: 100% - I should say that I like Jigglypuff and now that she's been in so long I want her to stay around. With that said I would have preferred to have Meowth over her. Really iconic, my personal favorite Pokemon, someone that I would love to play as, and all that.

Zael prediction: 2.29% - Not much.
Mii prediction: 64.59% - Increase.

Bowser's Castle x5

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Isa Jo
Chance - 1%
If anyone gets in from Sin and Punishment, it would efinitely be Saki, seeing how his Assist Trophy presence in Brawl made him the poster boy of the series.

Want - 0%
Waste of a spot, imo.

Mewoth (Not a typo -- For a long time Meowth was typed Mewoth on the nominations page and it always made me chuckle xD)
Chance - 2%
It baffles me in more than one way why people think Meowth matters in this game. Sure, if we were talking about the N64 version, wynaut. But right now there's soooo many superior options, based on both strong anime and strong video game presence, that overshadow Meowth considerably.
Also, consider the Gamefreak stance: Every single pokemon in Smash got promotion in some way or form for X and Y. Pikachu got promotion. The Kanto starters got promotion. Lucario got promotion. Mewtwo got promotion. JIGGLYPUFF got promotion (fairy type.) These are clearly pokemon that Gamefreak cares about strongly and that they see as icons to the franchise. Add to these the likes of Blaziken and Marill and Gardevoir ad Scizor and Garchomp and sure, we can make an argument for those pokemon also having an icon status.
Where's meowth in any of this? HE WASN'T EVEN INCLUDED IN X AND Y! And when he was available, there was pretty much nothing new to the pokemon. It's still just as weak and pointless and useless. It's a pokemon that in six generations of the game and the metagame has gotten nothing.

Edit: I mean, for christ's sake!! X and Y was sooo obviously pandering to genwunners and trying to bring back Gen. 1 fans into the games and EVEN THEN Meowth has abso-freaking-lutely no presence in it!

That means the only claim to fame Meowth has is an anime role, and that, my friends, is not enough to justify a spot in the roster of a Nintendo All-Star game. To give this pokemon carry a higher percentage chance than Blaziken is, in my opinion, a ludicrous anomaly. It makes no sense and seems to be grounded more in nostalgia and a "what if?" scenario of Meowth having been chosen instead of Jigglypuff for the original.
And then if we really made the argument "but in the anime ... " IF Sakurai followed anime popularity then we'd have Dedenne as playable. It's clear from what we've seen that that's not the case.
Gamefreak moved on guys, you should too.

Want - 0%
Too many pokemon already, and if they do add an extra one, then at least make it a good pokemon that carries impact in every aspect of the franchise. And seriously, Nintendo All-Star? Please. It's silly how many characters deserve a spot over Mewoth.

Predictions
Zael - 2.54%
Mii - 67%
The leak believers shall come forth!

Nominations
x5 Magolor

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom