• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smady

Smash Master
Louie:

5% Chance and 10% Want: Pikmin 3 came out not too long ago, Louie playing a memorable role in that game. If any Pikmin character is going to be included, I'd imagine Louie is top of the bundle when he is Olimar's accomplice and appears in the most relevant games. The captains who appear only in Pikmin 3 aren't going to get in, ever. Not to insinuate Louie has that good of a chance, it's actually on the absurdly low tier. Olimar represents Pikmin near perfectly. He uses the Pikmin as nits on the foe and abuses that fact, totally useless on his own. Louie doesn't add anything that I or I imagine Sakurai would find worth adding a second Pikmin rep.

Takamaru:

15% Chance: The character may be a sword fighter, but he does also use magic, so the easiest comparison is a combination of Marth and Zelda. That's fairly unique, but the magic does not negate the fact that another sword user is not going to feel that special, especially if Chrom gets in as a newcomer. Another character who similarly uses a sword and is far more popular in Japan according to Chrono is Roy, who also uses fire-type attacks.

The magic of Takamaru can be twisted to be interpreted quite vividly in Smash Bros, I've seen a moveset where he ate flaming swords and so on, but I doubt Sakurai would take that direction. Frankly I think this is a case of a rep that has a handful of interesting abilities that are exaggerated through the echoing chambers of the internet. He is acknowledged by Nintendo though, and has some popularity. No one can predict retro picks so Takamaru has as good a chance as any.

30% Want: There are way better retro picks out there than a samurai. Duck Hunt Dog, Balloon Fighter (sadly deconfirmed), Sheriff. Takamaru doesn't lend himself to that interesting of a moveset like all of those would. He's also not the least bit surprising. These picks have always, always been a surprise. I wouldn't hate this character but I'd be fairly apathetic to his inclusion. I hope Sakurai picks out reps who can make for as fascinating a moveset as Ice Climbers, ROB and Game&Watch. Especially after Wii Fit Trainer was all shock and no uniqueness, I hope it's something completely out of the blue that no one thought of but is immediately evident as genius. Takamaru doesn't fit that in my opinion.

Athena Cykes Prediction: 0.44%
Random low prediction for a fairly obscure character. I'm a fan of the series and I know she's liked but no one knows her outside the fans.
Nutty Noon Prediction: 15.5%
No clue.

Arino (Retro Game Challenge) x5

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Louie: 10%
Want: 40%

Takamaru: 50%
Want: 49.9%

Athena Cykes: 0.12%
Nutty Noon: 3% although it looks cool it doesn't have much going for it.

Old Man (Zelda) x5

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Louie likelihood: 1.2%
Want: 35%

Athena Cykes: 0.225%
Nutty Noon: 10.15%

Unlockable Newcomers x5

Groose

Smash Champion
Louie Chance: 1%
I'll come clean: I don't think we'll see another Pikmin character at all, and I especially doubt it would be Louie. He may have more long-term importance than Alph, but he literally offers nothing different than Olimar. That's the problem--Olimar represents his series so completely that there's just not much they could bring into things. In addition, Olimar is the most complex character in the game, and making someone similar to him would be a major headache--one that I doubt they'll go for when it isn't really expected, wanted, or necessary.

Louie Want: 0%

Sorry, guys. I'd just be really disappointed by another Pikmin character.

Takamaru Chance: 35%
That means that I don't quite expect him to be in the game, but I acknowledge he has a pretty darned solid shot at it. He's below Miis, Pac-Man, Palutena, Shulk, and K. Rool on my chance list and in the neighborhood of Chrom and Isaac.

Let's get one thing cleared up, shall we: Takamaru's Ninja Castle in Nintendoland doesn't really mean that much. I doubt they specifically said, "let's make a game based off of Nazo no Murasamejou!" Rather, they probably came up with an idea for a game, and didn't have a primary franchise to fit with it, so they chose Takamaru's series. While the acknowledgement does help him a little bit, I really can't give him a big boost because of a mere cameo in the name of a minigame.

Samurai Warriors means a lot more to me than Nintendoland. It shows that he's a character Nintendo recognizes and may have some interest in using. It's a case of actively wanting to use him rather than just slapping his name on a minigame. It makes me a lot more confident that they would seriously consider him for a Smash Bros. title.

What Takamaru has as his primary tools are popularity and history. Takamaru's game was one that was pretty big compared to some of the other Retros people toss out; it was actually considered to be of the caliber of Zelda. Additionally, Takamaru is somewhat heavily requested among the Japanses fanbase and moderately requested from the speculative Western fanbase. This isn't too much, but it's leagues above what other Retro choices have. It makes me think he's got about a good a shot as all other Retro candidates combined.

Overall, I'd say that there's a 70% chance of watching another character get revived through this game. Takamaru claims 35% and the rest is splintered into five or six other primary candidates who get around 5-10% each.

Takamaru Want: 50%
I am completely ambivalent about Takamaru. On one hand, I do like the whole Samurai thing and think he could have a pretty interesting moveset. Additionally, I wouldn't mind seeing his series revived and localized like Kid Icarus. On the other hand, I feel he doesn't offer as much as other Retro characters and would prefer one that's more surprising and out of left field. Overall, I'd rather have some other Retros, but I'd take him.

Midna x5

Will get to her support thread this weekend.

Athena Cykes Prediction: .01%
Let's all remain rational, here. She's a character in a series that has three title characters, and she isn't even one of them.

DAY OVER

...COURT IS NOW IN SESSION FOR THE TRIAL OF ATHENA CYKES!

She won't get in until Gumshoe gets a raise. :troll:

I already used that joke, pal.

And why wouldn't I get a raise?
Remember how I saved the day in Case 2-4?

Oops. Shouldn't have spoiled that one. Sorry, pal.

But hey, let's let bygones be bygones. Today's Athena's day!
We'll discuss my heroism another day!

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Louie: 10% May or may not happen. (Most likely not)
Want: 30% May or may not like him. (Most Likely not)

Now for the main event.
Takamaru
Now this is an interesting case. Many people see him as very likely, but let's look at the facts.
Takamaru is not very well known. Even for being a retro. People would most likely know Duck Hunt Dog, Balloon Fighter, and Excitebiker before they would know him. Heck, I didn't even know who he was 'til I came here, while I did know those three along with Lip, Sukapon, Mike Jones, Sheriff, and Mach Rider. Now, that may be because I just wasn't looking in the right places, but I don't think a casual gamer will usually even be looking.
He has appeared in Nintendo Land, you say? No! His name has appeared in Nintendo Land. You don't see him in there once. Sure the game got in and that helps a little, but he still isn't much more known for it.
But, hey at least he got in Captain Rainbow. NOPE! Captain rainbow was an absolute flop. It only sold 22,682 copies in a year. That is absolutely terrible. Needless to say, that won't affect anything.
Oh, well. He is still popular with the hardcore fans, right? Sure. Though he isn't nearly as popular in other places compared to Smashboards.
Last, but not least. His uniqueness. And yet another pro. He could be fairly unique. He could use clay bombs, surikens, fireballs, and lightning. That said, we have seen many sword users in the game already, and pretty much any other retro could be more unique than him.
All in all, I give him a 21%. Pretty much the only thing he has going for him is popularity at this point.
Want: You saw it coming. I run down the character, so that means I hate him, right?

Real want: 85% Yup, you heard me right. I just put him down at less than half of what most people put him and I support him. You don't see that very often do you?

Athena Cykes: 1.21%
Nutty Noon: 5.9%

x5 Cookie Country

EDIT: Dang it... I write a big long post and this is what I get? Oh, well. If I am correct, you will count it anyways... Right?

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Takamaru's going to absolutely flop compared to what he had before.
I think when he was rated last we were in one of those "weekly surges" where we thought he had a crazy high chance. He'll no doubt be in the top 20 but not sure about 10.

Groose

Smash Champion
Louie (Pikmin)
5.74% chance
23.55% want

Louie's chances are actually quite a bit larger than he is! He places at Rank 66 which is higher than most newcomers we've been rating recently. Unfortunately, his want scores are rather lackluster... but knowing Louie, he probably wouldn't care.

Takmaru (Nina Castle)
49.67% chance (previously 59.54%)
57.51% want (previously 52.82%)

How ironic. Takamaru was previously seen as a character more expected than wanted, but now his support outstrips his expectations. Takamaru's chances took a pretty devastating 10% blow that forces him back to Rank 9 Chance behind Pac-Man, Miis, and Shulk, but his want score has increased to levels less than 2% off of the Top Ten of Want. Not a bad day, but not a great one, either.

Today we're travelling to Nutty Noon, the final Pop Star level in Kirby's Return To Dreamland. Does it have a chance of becoming a stage in the next Smash? Please rate a Nutty Noon Stage in chance and want, and please check out the OP for an image if you're not familiar with the stage. When you're done with that, why don't you participate in the trial of Athena Cykes? Please rate Athena in chance and want. Incidentally, I have a message from everyone's favorite Judge... Udgey, take it away...

Evidence is everything in a court of law!
I cannot allow you to overrate Athena's chances!
Please keep those scores objective, or I will be forced to penalize you!

...I actually won't penalize you, but the point stands. Don't let those chance scores get carried away.

And since I feel bad for threatening you...
I'll show you all an awesome video. Beware: over-analyzing the lyrics can spoil Dual Destinies!
Tomorrow things are getting spooky. Why? Well, egadds! Professor Elvin Gadd is entering, and he's bringing his Improved Stage Builder concept with him. Please predict how an improved Stage Builder and Professor E. Gadd will fare in tomorrow's game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Athena Cykes and Nutty Noon have been added to the Directory.
I'll make these short because I honestly don't have much to say.

Athena Cykes
Chance:
0%

She's not getting in before Phoenix Wright.
Want: 0%
No thanks.

Nutty Noon
Chance:
10%

It could happen. I bet that the main Kirby game that will get repped here will be Kirby's Return to Dream Land. Could we get Nutty Noon as a stage? Maybe. I'll give the edge to Cookie Country, the first stage of the game, however.
Want: 100%
I would love it! I enjoyed Nutty Noon and its atmosphere in KRtDL.

Professor E. Gadd Prediction: 2.01%
His ratings will be close to King Boo.
Improved Stage Builder Prediction: 59.90%
I will imagine that the want ratings will be mixed. Those who loved it in Brawl will rate will give a high want rating and demand a better Stage Builder. Those who didn't like it will give a low want rating and would want Sakurai to not waste his time on it (I'm on the latter boat).

Nominations: Zael 5x

Last edited by a moderator:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Athena
Chance: 0% - We don't even know if the Ace Attorney Franchise is even going to get into SSB, let alone if it should somehow get enough playable character reps for her to be even remotely considered.
Want: 0% - Even in a messed up world where any Ace Attorney character could be playable, I'd rather see Phoenix, Maya, Edgeworth, Gumshoe, or Franziska.

Nutty Noon
Chance: 11% - Could we see a return to Dreamland stage? Easily. Will it be Nutty Noon? Possibly.
Want: 87% - The stage looks beautiful, I'd definitely support it.

E. Gad prediction: 0.9%

Improved Stage builder prediction: 64%

Nominations: Isa x5

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Athena Cykes: 0%

Nutty Noon: 5%
Want: 25%

Professor Elvin Gadd: 5.5%
Improved Stage Builder: 33.17%

x5 Cookie Country. Almost there!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Nutty Noon: Abstain.

Athena Cykes:

Chance: 0%
Do I even need to explain?

No.

Egadd: 3.4%
Should be interesting.

Improved Stage Builder: 59%
Sakurai declined making a comment on whether the stage builder would be a thing or not. Isn't that a little suspicious?

Noms: x5 Non-Character Hanafuda Representation

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Athena Cykes - 0%
...I don't need to justify this one, do I? She could become the star of all future Ace Attorney games and she still would never get into a Smash game over Phoenix himself, and that's making the assumption that Ace Attorney has any chance at being in Smash in the first place.
Want - 0% - Such a bizarre choice would be very worthy of objection. (For the record, I loved Dual Destinies and enjoyed Athena both as a character and the role she played in the game. However, that's in the context of the Ace Attorney series. For Smash...sorry, but no thank you.)

Nutty Noon - 5%
Less than certain chance Return to Dreamland gets a stage, with a less than certain chance they actually picked this area over any other. If we're going to rate stages, I'd advise at least nominating less specific ones like the previously rated Epic Yarn stage.
Want - 50% - I don't really care, but I guess it would be fine?

E. Gadd Prediction - 3.3%
I was going to guess much lower, but considering early predictions, I guess some people believe in him?

Improved Stage Builder Prediction - 45%
This is about as hard to call as any specific stage, but again, judging by other predictions, seems spirits are high.

Nominations
Midna x5

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
The nomination winners for Takamaru are @Erimir and @ Chandeelure Chandeelure , and the person with the best Louie prediction is me.

Athena's chances: 0% - Nope.
Want: 0% - This getting in over Pheonix would feel like a complete waste of a spot.

Nutty Noon: 10% - I do think we're likely to get a Return to Dreamland stage, but I'm not sure if we'd necessarily get this one. It's certainly possible though.
Want: 70% - I'd be cool with it.

E. Gadd prediction: 2.28% - I don't think he has a chance, but judging by King Boo's day and these predictions, he probably won't get that many zeroes.
ISB prediction: 43.19% - Should be interesting.

Meowth x10

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I was going to prepare an overly long post on Athena because she's one of my favorite characters ever.

...but then my computer ate it.

and I got mad.

I want to put it on trial now.

Nutty Noon:
0% Chance / 0% Want
...What?

Athena Cykes:
I'ma start with the obvious one.
Chance: 0.04%
At least beat Yarne+Owain please. That's like all I ask for.
...though it'd be super hilarious if she beat Pheonix Wright himself, I can't objectively give her a 0.6%.

Want: 100%
I'm a really new Ace Attorney guy, and I can say Athena alone hooked me on enjoying Dual Destinies. I've only had it for around 7 weeks, but it's clocked in over 70 hours of playtime and is in my top 4 3DS games (with Fire Emblem Awakening, Kid Icarus Uprising and Mario Kart 7 beating it). I'm majorly hooked on the series now, and it's really all just because of her character. I can't say much more without spoiling the game, so I'll continue my rant in the collapse tag.

I find Athena a character who's easy for me to relate to. Moving on from tragedy is tough, and I find it inspiring how quickly she decided to move on past her past of her mom's death and do something about it. Her consistent fear of not being heard is something I can also relate with, though it doesn't paralyze me like it did to her in her past, Case 1 and Case 3. Psychologically trying to understand people is my one main scientific area, and I found the Mood Matrix really cool for this. Trying to understand the sources of everyone's emotional problems, like with Robin's Brace, Jinxie's fear of Yokoi and Simon's... attachment to Athena made it feel like I was doing more than being a defense attorney. I was actually helping these characters improve their lives, and it was really cool. It made them feel less like pixels on the screen (which I feel a lot with most games, especially Pokemon) and like actual people. Finally, her spunky personality is incredibly awesome, especially that scene when she flings the police officer and he lands on Apollo. Her facial expressions are the best, and I wish there were more rips of them from the game because I'd use them everywhere. The final scene of the game when she figures out that her earring can prove who killed her mom was so cool just because of her response to it. Trucy was cute. Phoenix was kinda funny. I didn't like Simon and I found Apollo very frustrating to deal with. So again, it's really just because of Athena that made me love Dual Destinies so much.

Also I couldn't believe it when I found that Tragic Memories was a remix of Courtroom Revolutionaire. End rant.

Also Courtroom Revolutionaire is a very motivating song and I will put it on loop for hours when doing homework.

I'll skip on nominating for a while because I'm out of characters who I really want to be in the game (and I'm pretty sure you guys don't want me to nominate her again :p).

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Athena Cykes: 0.00%

Nutty Noon: 7.75%
The level doesn't doesn't really shout "Kirby stage" to me, but then again, neither did the Halberd.

Want: 15%
It reminds me of that rock world from Kirby 64, though I'd rather get a stage from that game instead.

Elvin Gadd, PhD prediction: 2.32%
Improved Stage Builder prediction: 64.75%

Nominate:
Protoman x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Athena Cykes:
Likelihood: 0%
Not getting in before Wright, Edgeworth, Gumshoe or Maya. :p

I've recently gotten into the Ace Attorney series. Played and beat the first game, loved it and now on the second. But I really don't think they would work well in a fighting game...

Nutty Noon stage: 10%
The Lor Starcutter and Cookie Country stages are more likely imo.

Want: 20%
Lor Starcutter please.

E. Gadd prediction: 2%
Improved Stage Builder: 72%

Bowser's Castle Stage x 5

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Athena Cykes:
Chances: 0%

-Nutty Noon:
Chances: 20%
Want: 50%

-E. Gadd Prediction: 0,6%

-Improved Stage Builder: 68%

-Nomination: Shulk X10

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Updated Chance Chart

Feel free to correct me, but I don't recall the Want Chart needing any changes.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Athena Cykes:

They are not going to include a secondary character from a third party game, especially prior to the main protagonist of said game. To think otherwise would be absolute madness. Heck; Apollo should probably come before Athena too.

I like Athena fine in the latest Phoenix Wright, but that doesn't translate to Smash. Had Phoenix been the Capcom rep over Megaman I'd still prefer Apollo or Edgeworth before her for a secondary PW character, and I would find it extremely difficult to believe we'd get a second rep from a third party series to begin with, much less one that is difficult to translate into a fighting game.

Nutty Noon:
Chance: 20%
Seems awfully specific for a Kirby stage. What puts it above the others?

I'm neutral about most stage picks outside Glitz Pit, Bowser's Castle, a Rhythm Heaven stage and a puzzle stage. I haven't really got many requests for stages honestly.

Predictions:

E.Gadd: 4%
Luigi isn't repping Luigi's mansion and E. Gadd hasn't appeared in a Mario game outside the M+L series(which never gets any love).
Improved Stage Builder: 50%
I'd like to think we're half expecting this. It was a good idea in Brawl, just poorly executed with limited options.

Nominations:
Meowth X 5

Smady

Smash Master
Athena Cykes:

0% Chance: Phoenix Wright, Apollo Justice and Miles Edgeworth all would get in before Athena. Her game just came out, and while it was successful this franchise will never raise the capital to make it deserving of a rep. Professor Layton, apparently spawned from its creators love of Phoenix Wright, has the best chance of any "puzzle" or "adventure game" titles that are (more-or-less) Nintendo exclusive. So where does this leave Athena? I'd say comparable to Layton's new sidekick Emi, who only appears in the new trilogy of Layton games.

This is all ignoring the fact she's third-party. Unless Sakurai is secretly a mega fan of Ace Attorney and wants to put in his waifu, it's practically impossible.

0% Want: No offence to Athena fans, I like the character, way better than Trucy and not a bad defense attorney either in the grand scheme of things. She's simply so, so far down the list of reps I'd want from the series I'd feel insulted if she got in over them. For example, the aforementioned three, of which Apollo is about on-par with Athena. Then there are the famous villains and other characters like Von Karma, Engarde, Shelly, Godot and the list goes on. Even in Athena's own game there were great one-off villains who could make for amazing off-kilter movesets.

She has the misfortune of being a fairly normal person in a video game about eccentric personalities. On the bright side, she isn't an idiot who uses office space to erect a shrine in memory of her deadbeat, murderous father. Not only an attempted murderer, but targeting his daughter's adoptive parent. But hey look at my panties this is sure to become an internet meme!

Nutty Noon:

5% Chance: I really don't know why it'd be this specific stage, I played that game all the way through with a friend and we never especially noticed that level as anything spectacular. To be honest, the game had plenty of great stages that could be used. I don't see any reason to use this one.

30% Want: This stage had good parts to it, sure, but so did many other parts of the game. Most of what I remember about this level is it had a cool gimmick for the super abilities you'd get and have to use to clear a level. Essentially you'd get a controllable electric ball that works the same way as Volt Tackle in Brawl, and have to guide it through a circuit of... unlit lanterns is the best way I can describe it. Not a concept that translates well to Smash Bros. Maybe, maybe the sand elements would be cool, but there is so much better you can take from that game.

E. Gadd Prediction: 3.4%
I'm sure all the Toad and Waluigi fans would object to an obscure Mario Luigi rep usurping their newcomer spot.
Improved Stage Builder Prediction: 75%
One of those expected things.

Arino (Retro Game Challenge) x5

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Athena Cykes gets 0% in both chance and want due to being a third party character from an already represented company. I could go on, but Nutty Noon is going to take up lots of time...

Nutty Noon

Chance - 37.5% - Let me say this: Nutty Noon is the most likely of all the Return to Dreamland stages. Let a self-proclaimed Kirby Master go down the list of competitors...

Cookie Country is definitely iconic, being the first stage of the game, and the closest competitor. While Cookie Country is one of the more memorable stages, we already have a very similar Kirby stage in Green Greens. Similar grassy plains feel, same Whispy Woods, similar concepts... The only way Cookie Country to get in would be the removal of Green Greens. Green Greens is the Kirby stage. I'd sooner expect Green Greens to simply be remade in HD than be replaced, though the possibility still exists. Thus, I give a 7.5%.

Raisin Ruins? Deserts have rarely appeared in Kirby games. Ruins may be a bit more common, but neither are particularly heavily associated with Kirby. A flat 0%

Onion Ocean? Other series have more iconic beach and ocean levels. Another 0%.

White Wafers? Redundant with an Ice Climber stage. 0%.

Nutty Noon will be put aside for a moment, to continue on for the others.

Egg Engines and Dangerous Dinner, which I will collectively refer to as Halcandra, is a another, lesser, probability. Halcandra is definitely interesting and has some significance to the Kirby series (NOVA and the Fountain of Dreams both are implied to come from here), but is very redundant due to the existence of the Pyrosphere. I'll give it a 2.5%, as a benefit of the doubt.

Another Dimension is the last area up for consideration. While memorable, it is very similar in feel to Final Destination. In fact, in the upcoming Kirby Fighters, Another Dimension was turned into a Final Destination clone. I'll also give this one a 2.5%, as it is possible for something interesting to come out.

Some might say that the Lor Starcutter itself might appear, but I doubt it. It's very similar to a number of Star Fox stages we have seen before, and I don't think a tour would be proper for the Kirby series.

Now, as for why Nutty Noon deserves to be a front runner, let me start with saying that the stage is very beautiful. The sunset sea amidst the orange clouds on the tower into the sky is simply breathtaking. The somewhat surreal enemies and background elements make it feel just like a Kirby stage while still standing out on its own.

In fact, this area was seemingly designed with bringing back nostalgic Kirby elements back. A visually amazing sky-tower stage is similar in concept to Butter Building from Adventure. The mini-boss rush tower concept was taken almost directly from Rainbow Resort, including a harder hidden route, with elements of Iceberg's ability solving incorporated. And of course, the very memorable Tangerine Tower, a near perfect remix of Grape Garden.

In fact, music seems to be a very good part of Nutty Noon. In addition to Tangerine Tower, Basil Bridge seems to be fairly well remembered, and was even made into part of a melody with the original end credits for Dream Collection's credits. I know for a fact that these two music tracks appear in Triple Deluxe, along with its version of Dedede's theme. Heck, for the official soundtrack collection, a Nutty Noon melody appeared as one of 3 new orchestrated tracks, sharing the privilege with early game moments and the final battle.

In short, the developers put allot of effort into Nutty Noon, it's memorable, and it's where I'm placing my bets.

As a reward for sticking with this, here's the Nutty Noon arrangement.

Want - 95% - A near perfect stage in my eyes, the only complaint being that I want an Epic Yarn stage also.

Predictions

E. Gadd - 1.45% - Just putting this out there.

Improved Stage Builder - 45% - Some might question whether we're even getting stage builder again.

nominations
Magolor X5

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Athena- Not that Greek Goddess, you know

Oh, god, where do I begin? OH GOD! WHY? WHY ARE WE DOING THIS? You might as well have summoned @Hades the Magnificent over for this day because it would make so much sense!
I don't need to explain anything that hasn't already. 00.00% Chance.
But Want? 00.00%. I love Ace Attorney, but I want a certain Capcom character before them. The Witch and the Reaper are better characters from Capcom.

The Nuttiest Orbital Mass at 1 PM
Chances: 15%- There's many other, far more iconic locales. Nutty Noon was nearly never advertised by Nintendo, but instead, Cookie Country was, being the first world. Then there's the Lor.
Want: 10%- I prefer a stage based on Cookie Country or Halcandra.

PREDICTIONS:
E, Cliche!- 1.3%- No....
Improved Stage Builder- 85%- It's like PT- great concept, horrible execution in Brawl. No doubt they will improve it.

Nominations:
Cookie Country X5

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Athena Likelihood: 0%
Want: 10%

Nutty Noon likelihood: 5%
Want: 75%

E. Gadd: 1.15%
Improved Stage Builder: 59%

Unlockable Newcomers x5

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Athena Cykes

Nutty Moon
Chance: 9%
Who can say? Theres plenty of options that could be good too.

E Gadd: 2.3% im expecting some high votes from that one leak.
Improved Stage Builder: 31.2%

Nominations:
Bowser's Castle x5

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Athena (chance & want) - 0%
I do not need to explain, no matter what happens, for a third party company character will get in without the main character in it, and since phoenix chances are nonexistent, that makes Athena just plain impossible
nutty noon - 9.50%
eh it could happen, it was one of the better stages in RTDL, but I find cookie country and lor starcutter hove better chances
want - 65%
ya I would like it
E Gadd - 2.71%
king boo got some favor, . . . maybe he'll get a ghost of a chance:awesome:
improved stage builder - 47.82%
some find it likely, others may not, probably going to be right in the middle
nominations:
so I can see that sora, isa jo, and Alexandra roivas are coming up next eh?
untitled.png

MindaX20
(notice, I've stocked piled 15 extra nominations, so I'm allowed to do this)

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Athena Cykes
Honestly, expecting Athena Cykes before Phoenix Wright is like expecting Emmy Altava before Professor Layton in Smash, and since we already have Megaman in there, I find it very unlikely that we will even see Phoenix in this game, let alone Athena.

Got nothing against the girl, but if by some miracle we did get Phoenix and they were willing to have one more Ace Attorney character in there, I'd much rather it be someone else like Maya or Edgeworth or something...

Nutty Noon: 25%
Well since we will probably get a Kirby's return to Dreamland stage for the Wii U version, I guess that area could be possible.

Want: 10%
Never actually played Kirby's return to Dreamland before but from what little google searches I've made, it looks like a pretty neat area so why not I guess...

E.Gadd: 3.5%
Improved Stage Builder: 48.52%
I think we will likely see an improved stage builder this time around, how much improved is a whole other story I guess.

Shulk x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You can give a maximum of 5 nominations… unless you are giving the other 2 nominations to someone else and not Shulk.

Seeing all of these nominations for Shulk kinda scares me… am I the only one who thinks that he is perfectly fine where he is? I don't think that he needs to be rerated. Nothing has changed from the last time we rated him.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
You can give a maximum of 5 nominations… unless you are giving the other 2 nominations to someone else and not Shulk.

Seeing all of these nominations for Shulk kinda scares me… am I the only one who thinks that he is perfectly fine where he is? I don't think that he needs to be rerated. Nothing has changed from the last time we rated him.
Whoops, my bad. *Fixes it.*

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Athena: 0%
Abstaining from want. Never played DD.

Nutty noon: 1%

e gadd: 6.3%
stage builder: 63.5%

Nominations will be held by Maya today:

"Oh, that's easy! All five go to me, of course! ....now can we go get some burgers? I'm starved!"

Maya Fey x5

(just to get her on the board for future reference)

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Athena Cykes:
Ummm I'll pass on that note. . .

Nutty Noon:I cant rate this, I don't know anything about it.

Predictions:
E. Gadd: 4.2%

Improved Stage Builder Prediction: 77.7%

Nominations: Paper Mario Stage X5

Louie G.

Smash Hero
So I basically went back and liked every post that referenced me from yesterday. Because let's face it we knew it would happen.

Double 0's for Athena. I don't have to explain.

NUTTY NOON:

Chance: 30%
It's possible, but I'm not sure how likely it is when compared to the Lor Staarcutter.

Want: 85%
I like Nutty Noon a lot.

E. Gadd Prediction: 2.5%
Eh, nope.

Stage Builder Prediction: 50%
Right in the middle on this one.

Noms: Meowth x5
"That's Right!"

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Athena
Chance - 0%
Want - 0%

Nutty Noon
Chance - 10%
Want - 50%

I don't know what to expect in terms of a RtD stage and I don't particularly feel strongly about any of them to be honest.

Predictions
E. Gadd - 6.35%
Ugh

Stage Builder - 67.2%
Given the interface (touch screens) it feels like a given.

Nominations
x5 Magolor ... want to get him on top soon as I have another idea for a stage

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I'm not entirely sure of the point myself. The last, fairly recent rerate got almost universally high ratings except from me and maybe a couple others, and nothing significant appears to have changed in terms of news or general community opinion. At best we've got Little Mac's inclusion which, if anything, maybe helps Isaac as a fellow AT, and a brief gameplay trailer for X, which added nothing to Shulk's case. Still, if people want to nominate him anyway, they're free to do so.

(Random note: the results section has Shulk's first day listed as "Day ???". Looking back, it appears it was Day 6, in case Groose wants to fix it.)

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
ATHENA CYKES

Chance: 0% - Third Party one time character.

Want: 60% - Mostly indifferent but she gets an extra 10% for being soooo psyched.

NUTTY NOON STAGE

Chance: 15% - It's a Kirby Stage.

Want: 50% - Indifferent unless it comes covered in chocolate and caramel.

E.Gadd Prediction: 3.4% - A Luigi's Mansion character is believed to be unlikely but possible.

Improved Stage Builder Prediction: 40% - Eh, nothing to say here.

Nominations:
Other M Ridley x5

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Athena Cykes Chance: 0.00000001%
We already have a Crapcom representative, and even if there was a second one, Pheonix would come before Athena.

Athena Cykes Want: Negative 100%
I am holding a serious grudge towards Duel Destinies. Stupid M-Rating. Stupid self-age. Stupid ESRB.

Nutty Noon Chance: 25%
It's a cool Kirby stage. It seems unique enough to get in.

Nutty Noon Want: 85%
It has clouds! You can't beat clouds! They are so puffy and awesome! I friggin' love clouds! They are one of my favorite things!

E. Gadd Prediction: 10%
I think people are underestimating his chances. He appeared in a bunch of Mario games, not including the Luigi's Mansion games ( just as many as Rosalina I might add).

Improved Stage Builder 75%
This and Wi-Fi are the two big features I think that will be upgraded majorly (not counting general gameplay and physics).

EDIT: Forgot my omnoms.
Omnomnominations:
-X4 Sandbag
-X1 Godot Thornberry
image.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom