• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Chef
chance 1% He is trophy at best.
want 5%

3DWorld stage
chance 1% too new, maybe Mario land can get one though.
want 50%

x3 Isa JO
x2 Sheriff

Sorry for not voting yesterday.

predict .6% and .55%

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Chef Kawaski: 0.01%
Want: 0% Assist Trophy

3D World Stage: 50%
Want: 50% The lack of a Wii U + the lack of money to buy a Wii U means I have not played the game.

Master Hand: 0.1%
Playable Bosses: If it is like Promoted Assist Trophies it is 73.4%. If it is playable in a special mode it is 0.1%.

x5 Cookie Country

Last edited:

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Chef Kawasaki

Chance: 1%- He's a Nintendo character, but not important to the Kirby series. Also Bandana Dee, Magolor, and even Prince Fluff are more likely.

Want: 25%- Has good moveset potential, and I like his design.

Super Mario 3D World Stage

Chance: 55%- The Galaxy stage lowers its chances, but I could definitely see it happening.

Want: 100%- I love so many of the levels in SM3DW, and I bet they'd work great in Smash.

Predictions

Master Hand: 0.34%- Smash original, and works better as a boss.

Playable Bosses(Like a special boss mode or a boss becoming playable?) Assuming the former: 0.25%- I doubt characters would be restricted to a boss-only mode. Even Petey.... :c

Assuming the latter: 75%- RIDLEY

Nominations

Louie x10

WOO EXTRA NOMS LOUIE'S GONE WILD

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Chef - 0%
Super Mario 3D World stage - 80%

Master Hand - predict 2%
Playable Bosses (this is vague and I don't know what I'm predicting here)

Ghirahim x5

Little Mac (Punch-Out)
Boxing Ring is from Punch-Out
can be removed from Concepts/Rerates

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Chef Kawasaki:
Likelihood: 0%
He's not making it in over Bandana Dee, that's for sure. Plus, I think we will probably see the animal buddies and Knuckle Joe before him. He's really low on the ladder of Kirby characters.

Want: 0%
No thanks. Waddle Dee or Knuckle Joe pls.

Super Mario 3D World stage: 15%
It could happen, but I think it's aesthetically rather similar to an NSMB or 3D Land based stage. So maybe not.

Want: 5%
I'm not too fond of the idea. We are already getting stages based on NSMB series, and I'd rather see other Mario locales as stages first, such as Peach's Castle returning from Melee, Bowser's Castle, or a stage based on water levels.

Master Hand prediction: 1.2%
Playable Bosses prediction: 1.2%

Tomorrow's topic complement each other nicely. :p

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Abstaining on the Chef because I dunno who he is.

0% Chance / 75% want for 3D world stage.

5x nomz Athena Cykes

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Kawasaki:

Chance: 0.1%
I don't even think he's likely as an AT...

As cool as the new Hyper Nova Kirby mode is, I liked cooking as his final smash, it was cute!

3DW Stage:

Chance: 60%
It's new, but it's also got alot of cool places to use, and it has a very different aesthetic to the Galaxy stage. Mario always gets multiple stages too (with good reason), and 3D world would do a good job replacing mushroomy kingdom, like the New Super 3D Land stage on 3DS.

Want: 98%
I only started playing the game week before last, and am only on world 4; new years takes a lot out of me, and I try and complete things in order of release (within a genre, which meant Ratchet and Clank and Sonic Lost Worlds came first)... so I don't have as deep a knowledge of the levels they could lift ideas from... but those that I have seen are AWESOME! I'm still not 100% convinced, but I imagine by the time I've finished it.

Master Hand: 0.3%
unless he's as a playable boss: 3.4%

What else are they going to use that game pad for, and it's a great show-case of asymmetric play... I still don't think people will find it likely, but it makes sense.

Fatal Frame*5

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
@ Groose Groose !

X75 Playable Bosses
x73 Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
x67 No Namco Character
X66 Rhythm Heaven Stage
x75 Zelda Newcomer
I've been promoting that one, do I need to nominate it again, or will it automatically be next?

Might update this later...

Chef Kawasaki: 0% & 0%

SM3DW stage

Sakurai seems to be a year or two behind generally when it comes to stages. This is understandable, since they don't want to wait for current Mario/Zelda/DK/whatever game to be finalized before they design their stage. I doubt he'll have stages representing SM3DW or Tropical Freeze. Aside from which, SM3DW is not as visually distinct as some other Mario entries. It's possible they have more integration this time and Sakurai was given something to work with by this past summer. One reason perhaps to go with it is that Bowser's never really had his own stage, and there are some good locations in there for that. But a generic Bowser's castle would also work just fine for that, so he doesn't need SM3DW specifically...

SM3DW stage: 26%

SM3DW stage want: 100%
I definitely want it at some point. But I'll probably be satisfied with whatever he picks as the game inspiration and I won't be disappointed if it doesn't happen because we get NSMB or Mario spin-off stages (Mario Party, Mario Kart, Mario sports...) instead. The factors that would matter to me aren't about which Mario game he uses per se. I definitely want that jazzy World-Bowser music though. I'll be annoyed if that's not in.

This version is so nasty:

Predictions:
Master Hand - 0.5%
Playable bosses: 6%
@ Groose Groose can we get clarification as to what this means specifically? Characters that are bosses in Smash 4? Like if Ridley were both a boss like in Brawl and playable? I could see bosses who are also ATs, but...

Nominations:
Bowser Jr x5

Last edited:

Smady

Smash Master
Chef Kawasaki

0.1% Chance - A cool Kirby character, but he's very obscure and irrelevant, without any popularity to speak of. Saying, that, he has some potential for an alright moveset, and stands above other generic bosses or mooks in his series, so there is a minute chance.

1% Want - It'd be a random character. I imagine it'd be fun to play, but Kirby hardly needs more reps, especially random ones.

Mario 3D World Stage

25% Chance - New Mario game that has a bunch of creative levels to adapt, one will surely be in there just to show off the game. It's close enough to release of SSB4 I can see Sakurai playing it or at least knowing about it, enough to put it in. However, there are other Mario stages that could supersede it. If there's a 3D Mario game in the works to be revealed at E3, or if he wants to include a new Mario Kart stage, I can see this game being ignored, because there's no big gimmick to represent in the game (like Galaxy's physics), just the game itself.

5% Want - I'm not a fan of the game and I don't care if it gets a stage or not. There are probably plenty of levels that can be adapted into something fun, but that goes for a lot of things that aren't another Mario game.

Predictions:
1.5% Master Hand
0.5% Playable Bosses

An original character from Smash being playable, or any boss being playable as a focus when there is limited time to make a roster is extremely unlikely. That said if any boss from this series were to get a moveset, it'd be Master Hand.

Goku x5

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Playable bosses - Wait ... does this mean "old bosses are playable now!"? 'Cause if so, Ridley alone merits a high prediction. Or does it mean that you fight bosses in adventure mode and later on they become playable? I'm confused as to what to predict.
Playable Bosses (this is vague and I don't know what I'm predicting here)
Playable bosses: 1%
@ Groose Groose can we get clarification as to what this means specifically? Characters that are bosses in Smash 4? Like if Ridley were both a boss like in Brawl and playable? I could see bosses who are also ATs, but...
It was this.

Chef Kawa-eh
Chance: 0%
Over Bandana Dee? Over Gooey? Over Adeline? Over Dark Matter or even Rick or Magalor or Prince Fluff or Knuckle Joe? Not happening.

There are more important Kirby individuals to add first.

3D World Stage:

Chance: 2%
In the past Sakurai has taken stage queues from the previous era; Looking at Brawl we got Super Mario Sunshine, not Galaxy, and in Melee we got Super Mario 64 over a Sunshine stage. I'm predicting a 100% for the next Smash, but can't see it happening this time round.

Want: 30%
I like Super Mario 3D World. Like a lot. It's a reason to eventually get a Wii U. Obviously I like it; there's two playable Toads. Also no Bowser Jr. Perfect ratio for me.

But this is the exact reason I DON'T want 3D World without the correct rep. If Rosalina is repping Galaxy, I certainly don't want her pinching 3D World as well. If I have to give up on Toad this round, then I want him to have the best damn chance next round, and any reference to 3D World at this point would be another negative.

That said there's a lot of cool levels in 3D World; The Mario Kart inspired one, the ride upon Plessie, the poisonous swamps, Bowser's Castle(when the hell are we getting a Bowser Castle stage?) and the final boss battle in particular stand out to me(although a vertical scrolling level is NEVER a good thing as the past two games testify). So aesthetically I'm all for it, but my most wanted newcomer bias stands in the way of truly wanting the level. Petty? Maybe. But I have been waiting 15 ****ing years(which is longer than SOME of you have even been alive), so you'll have to excuse said pettiness.

Predictions:
Master Hand being playable: 2%
Playable Bosses IN A PLAYABLE BOSS MODE(I should of specified better): 3%
Can't see the majority getting behind either sadly.

Nominations:
Errr...

Louie X 5. Why not?

Captain Toad

Smash Apprentice
Chef Kawasaki
Chance and want:0 more important characters first please.

3D world stage
Chance: 20% Though as many previous posts mention Smash is always behind in Mario game levels

want: 40% Would be more, but whilst I enjoyed the game, again I'm sure that will surprise no one with Captain Toad and Blue Toad being in it, and the levels were pretty interesting (Money Train was cool), much like YoshiandToad, (who always seems to beat me to posting similar points dangit haha) I don't want Rosalina repping it and a galaxy stage. 3DW was all about Toad for me, so I'm super biased.

Predictions:
Playable Master Hand: 3.4%
Playable bosses: Well considering Ridley was a boss in Brawl I can only imagine he'll be counted, in which case...50%

Nominations:
Isabelle (Animal Crossing) X5

Last edited:

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Kawasaki: 0.1%
3DWorldStage: 50%
want: 100%
YuYuKi Goku x 5

I will save these noms for my next thing.
Forgot predictions
Master Hand: 1.34%
Playable Bosses: 71.34%

edit: playable boss mode? oh 3.14%

I thought this was like Promoted AT.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Chef Kawasaki Prediction: 1%
He doesn't really have anything that sticks him out.
There are so many more likely characters than him.

Kawasaki Want: 50%
Take my moneys.

3D World Stage Prediction: 50%
It's a new Mario game, so it seems likely.
But the fact that there is a Galaxy stage may slim its chances a bit.

3D World Stage Want: 100%
Yes plz.
World Bowser, because dat music.

Nomination: X5 Sandbag

EDIT: Predictions:
Master Hand: < 1%
Playable Bosses: 50%

Last edited:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
it's been a while since I've posted, but it makes sense that our number 1 chance character makes it in.

Chef Kawasaki: Chances 0.01%
Waddle Dee or nothing.

Sorry not my cup of tea.

3D World stage: Chances 25%
The Lost World Stage shows that it is not too late in development to add recently released game stages (although they most definitely got a peak from Sega). But the Galaxy games were so beloved I dont really feel that Sakurai will do anything besides those in terms of 3D Mario for the Wii U version. We could get a NSMB stage though, unless there already is one.

Want: 50%
It would probably be fun and unique but I think it can wait until SSB5.

Predictions:
Master Hand will be handed a 1.79% for his troubles.

Playable Boss Mode: 0.49%

Nominations:
Akari Hayami x5

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Kawasaki chance: 1.5%
Kawasaki Want: 30%

3D World Stage Chance: 35%
3D World Stage Want: 100% Yes please!

Master Hand Prediction:
.57%
Playable Boss Prediction:
2.5%

Nominations:
x5 Alph Brittany Charlie

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Chef Kawasaki-Can't cook Waddle Dee

Pros
+He's a bigger character in the show
Cons
-Waddle Dee, Waddle Dee, Waddle Dee, WADDLE DEE, DARK MATTER, ANYTHING ELSE!
What happens when Chef Kawasaki gets in Waddle Dee's way?

OVERALL RATING: TKO- 0.01%
Want:

00.00%

3D World Stage- ThreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeeeeeeee

Chances: SM3D Land got a stage, 3D World can too. 50%
Want: 100%- Sure, why not?

Say, that's Handy!
The Hand gets a .5%.

Playable Bosses
.7% because Name Entry Glitch possible.

Nominating Ridley X5

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
oh dang, I missed the satisfaction day part 2. . . oh well, back to rating I guess
chief kawaski - 0%
. . . i'm surprise this actually got nominated . . .
want - 0%
i'm a major member of the bandana brigade so ofcorse I want waddle dee, but even then I would take anyone else over this guy
SM3DW - 3.55%
sadly not too likely, we already got an platformer Mario level and a galaxy level too, there's just no room for this game
want - 100%
yes, some stages could be great, the music is fantastic, i'll just love a stage form this game,
basically i'll just quote brawler610 for my explanation
Want: 100%
While I don't think that it will happen, do I want it to? Hell yes! COUNT ME IN!
master hand - 0.71%
ya, I doubt it
playable bosses - 3.15%
I have no idea what to expect from this one
nominations
(insert wolf gif) X5

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Kawasaki chance: 1%
Highly unlikely, seems more like AT maternal anyway.
Kawasaki Want: 35%
He could be fun with a whole cooking themed move-set.

3D World Stage Chance: 50%
Still fairly new and the fact the smash is usually behind on 3D Mario games. Anyway there is a chance because they have stages from other newer games like Sonic Lost Worlds.
3D World Stage Want: 100%
There were so many interesting levels/worlds in SM3DW that would be so much potential. I personally want to see a stage biased off Bowser Land, the coin train, or even just a normal themed scrolling level.

Master Hand Prediction:
1.5%
Playable Boss Prediction:
.5%

Nominations:
Bowser Jr x5

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Kawasaki:
Chances:0%
Want:0%

-3D World Stage:
Chances:20%
Want:90%

-Master Hand Prediction:0,9%

-Playable Bosses:0,7%

-Nomination:Toon Zelda/Tetra X5

Louie G.

Smash Hero
CHEF KAWASAKI:

Chance: 0%
Why would Sakurai choose Chef Kawasaki out of all the other Kirby characters?

Want: 5%
Meh.

SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD STAGE:

Chance: 65%
I don't know what you guys are talking about, even with a Galaxy stage in there I consider the 3D series a completely different branch of the Super Mario series. Plus there are a lot of possibilities so quite frankly I can see Sakurai jumping on one of them.

So many great locales, there are endless possibilities.

Master Hand Prediction: 1.75%

Noms: King Hippo x5
Now that we have Mac, let's see how some other Punch Out characters fare.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Mario 3D Land Stage: 70% It's a major game and as of now, we only have 1 Mario stage in the Wii U version. We got 5 Mario stages in Brawl and I expect at least that many this game.
Want: 80% 3D Worlds looks aesthetically pleasant.

Cheif: 0%

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Wait, it's a playable boss mode? Oh, then I'll make my prediction 1.2% because I strongly doubt most will think that's even possible. Will update my original post accordingly.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Oh, hey, I'm actually here!
Kawasaki Chances: 0%. Unless he becomes the next Bandanna Dee... :(
Want: 100%. HELLZ YEAH. I'd love it.
SM3DW Stage Chances: 5%. Probably will see some MK Wii stage first.
Want: 0%. What does it have that others don't?
Reworked Meta Knight X5

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
CHEF KAWASAKI

Chance: 0.2% - Pretty much all he can do is covered by Kirby's Final Smash.

Want: 0% - Kirby is fine with just three and if we had a fourth, I'd want Daroach.

SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD STAGE

Chance: 50% - It's a Mario stage.

Want: 70% - For that bling-bling kingdom alone.

Master Hand Prediction: .3% - Nope.

Playable Boss Prediction: .5 - Not really.

Nominations:
King Hippo x5

Groose

Smash Champion
@ Groose Groose ! I've been promoting that one, do I need to nominate it again, or will it automatically be next?

1) Nah, we'll be rating that next. Playable Boss Mode won the coin flip.

2) It's actually a Playable Boss Mode. That's what I'll be calling it from now on. Sorry for all of the confusion.

Chef Kawasaki: Double 0's
I highly doubt Sakurai has even considered him--he'd be a far stranger choice than even the Wii Fit Trainer. Also, although I do like "we gotta clobber dat dere Kirbay" as much as the next guy, I have no desire to see the Chef in Smash.

Mario 3D World Stage: 35%
-50% for being too recent
-15% for the possibility of a more classic Mario Stage

Mario 3D World Stage Want: 50%
Sure, they look beautiful, but so will any Mario stage they choose to make on the Wii U. Haven't played the game, so I can't say I'd prefer this over a more classic Mario stage.

Professor Elvin Gadd x5

DAY OVER

TOMORROW IS GOING TO BE BOSS!

Groose

Smash Champion
Chef Kawasaki (Dat der Kirbay)
0.36% chance
9.03% want

Chef Kawasaki got cooked. That's all.

Mario 3D World Stage
36.57% chance
64.77% want

Despite being a popular idea, nobody could say that it was truly likely--after all, it is pretty recent and there are other candidates for a Mario stage.

Today we're starting off by rating the chance and want that Master Hand gets reworked into a playable character that fits on the roster. This is not the chance of him appearing in this game or being playable in a special mode; this is rating him as we would rate any other newcomer. In addition to our Master Hand rating, we are also rating the chance and want of having a separate mode where the bosses are playable.

Tomorrow things will become rather.. interesting. To begin with, please predict how people will rate the Stork from Yoshi's Island. You heard me right: the Stork. After that, predict how people will rate a Zelda newcomer. Please see Smasher 101's post on the page before this to see yesterday's nom winners.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Master Hand: 1.67%
Boss Mode: 5%
Stork: 2.56%
Zelda Newcomer: 54.35%

Goku x 5

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
master hand - 0%
been a boss since the beginning, he's always the games end character, tradition will remain no matter what
want - 5%
just because I think its a bit neat, but not much
playable boss mode - 7.25%
something a bit wacky that Nintendo might do, but I think they'll pass on it
want - 65%
gotta admit, I like it:p
stork - 0.10%
. . . . . . I'll feel a bit sad in this community if anyone goes higher than 1%
Zelda newcomer - 63.84%
before Rosalina I bet people doubted one, now I think a lot would find it likely
nominations:
I've become too lazy to post a wolf gif here . . . wolfX5

D

Deleted member

Master hand and Playable Boss Mode has been added to the Directory.

Master Hand
Chance:
1%

No Smash character will be playable before the Master Hand. Master Hand is the most recognized Smash original character of all-time and is by far one of the most popular. Heck, in Kirby and The Amazing Mirror, he and Crazy Hand were a boss. If you inhaled the Master Hand, you get the Smash Ability for Kirby.
I feel like if we get a Smash original, it would be Master Hand. Though, I doubt that will come into fruition as a newcomer. He will definitely be a boss again.
I know that it won't happen, BUT I WANT THIS SO FREAKING BAD! I mean, a playable Master Hand? COUNT ME IN!
I love going into some Event Matches, especially Event 51, in Melee and use the Master Hand glitch.
It was so freaking satisfying and so freaking cool! So yeah, I would love for Master Hand to be playable!

Playable Boss Mode
Chance:
0%

I doubt this will even be considered. It seems like the last thing that Sakurai will add.
Want: 60%
If it uses the Wii U's GamePad or 3DS Touch Screen, I'll be all for it.

Stork Prediction: .12%
This has to go near Cole levels… but I'll predict on Cole levels.
Zelda Newcomer Prediction: 56.85%
Seeing as how we got a Mario newcomer, Zelda might get some love.

Nominations: Zael 5x

Last edited by a moderator:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Playable Master Hand

Chance: 1%

I really don't see it as a likely possibility. It would probably take quite a bit of creative thinking to get it to work and be balanced, and likely too much so. That being said...

Want: 90%

I think Master Hand, if they could actually figure out a way to make him work and not be weird, would actually be a very fun and unique character. Not to mention, this is the best possible rep for the Smash Bros. series; the one who started it all, the entity who created the fantastical world of Smash. And of course, the Smash series is a very big Nintendo icon, and oddly enough can be said to be very deserving of having it's own representative. And I think Master Hand is the only original Smash character who could fit that bill.

But minus 10% for just being a floating hand. I love the concept of Master Hand, but his design is just really generic.

Nominate: Ridley X5

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Master Hand:
Chances:0,1%

-Playable Bosses: Wut?
Chances:0,1%

-Stork prediction:1%

-Zelda Newcomer Prediction:55%

-Nomination:Toon Zelda/Tetra X5

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Master Hand

It would be pretty cool to see, but being a boss in every installment, he will probably stay that way, though he should get an overhaul. Seriously, being able to beat him in 10 seconds is a joke.
Chance: 0.01%
Want: 40%

Playable Boss Mode

Would be kind of interesting, especially to play as characters you would otherwise not be able to. I dont really see it being a priority.
Chance: 1%
Want: 50%

Stork: 0.79%
Zelda Newcomer: 64.3%

Nominations:
Ridley x5
K Rool x10

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Playable Master Hand Chance - 1.12%

VERY unlikely for the sake of tradition, and also because I feel Master Hand would look rather awkward if he was made to use the same physics as every other average character, since he is a floating hand after all.

Want - 90%

I do feel a playable Master Hand could be pretty dang awesome if implemented properly.

Playable Boss Mode Chance - 20%

I don't know, I'd think the main focus would be on normal characters as always so I'm not entirely sure on this one. It's not likely, but I feel it's far from impossible.

Want - 100%

Playing as Master Hand without dealing with knockback or any bosses like those from Brawl? Sign me up!

Stork Prediction - 0.2%

.......Please no, don't be any higher than this. I beg it isn't any higher than this.

Zelda Newcomer Prediction - 68.22%

Spyro x5.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Master Hand

Chance: 5%- Best option for a Smash original, but the fact that he is a Smash original hurts him a lot.

Want: 80%- He seems like he could be pretty darn cool if done right, and I do love floating hands....

Playable Boss Mode

Chance: 1%- A lot of extra work that probably wouldn't be popular.

Want: 75%- Being able to play as bigger/more powerful characters would be super cool.

Predictions

Stork: 0.21%- Super unlikely, but his supporters might bump him up a bit.

Legend of Zelda Newcomer: 65%- It's decently likely, since it's a big series.

Nominations

Louie x5

(Oh God, Louie has an uneven amount of nominations.... NOOOOOOOOOO)

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Master Hand's chances: 0.5% - I really don't think we're getting a Smash original character, and I don't see how they'd make a giant floating hand an actual playable character. The only reason it's not a complete zero is in the unlikely event that they make a Smash original playable, I think they'd pick the final boss that's been in every game over a generic enemy or a punching bag. But he likely won't ever be more than a boss...
Want: 0% - ...and frankly that's all I think he should be.

Playable Boss mode: 5% - I just don't see this as too likely.
Want: 30% - Eh.

Stork prediction: 0.19%
Zelda newcomer prediction: 49.12%

Chibi-Robo x5

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Master Hand: 0.1%

Playable Boss Mode: 1%

Stork: 0.17%
Zelda Newcomer: 70.69%

x5 Cookie Country

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Master Hand - 0%
The great irony of Master Hand being the most famous Smash original character is that thanks to what he's famous for, he has no real chance of ever being a playable Smash original character. Think about it: he's a huge floating hand known for being a boss with huge, dramatic attacks. None of that translates well to being a playable character, and changing him enough to make him a reasonable playable character would completely defeat the purpose of making a playable Master Hand. It's just not going to happen...

Playable Boss Mode - 0%
...unless there was a playable boss mode of some sort. The idea is kinda neat, but then again, why would Nintendo bother? It's a lot of extra development resources taken away from characters and stages and things players actually care about to add a bizarre party mode/mini-game where you probably end up spamming the cheapest move each boss has and end up getting bored almost instantly. Were this game looking like Brawl and its wealth of modes, it could be plausible. Given this is an SSB4 that has yet to mention extra modes aside from very specifically not having a boss-filled story mode like Subspace Emissary, I just can't see this happening.

Want (For Both) - 0% - Huge waste of development time/resources for a character/mode that is very unlikely to be fun long-term.

Stork Prediction - 0.22%
Seriously? Oh my.

Legend of Zelda Newcomer Prediction - 58%
This one is hard because, despite Zelda being one of Nintendo's biggest franchises, there's no particularly great option for a fifth character (and I say that as a firm supporter of Toon Zelda/Tetra). I'm guessing this does decently well but will see some serious pessimism.

Nominations
Tetra x5

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom