• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Master Hand: 0.1%
Since he was technically playable in Melee.

Want: 5%
Really

Playable Boss Mode: 0%
Most bosses are too big.

Want: 5%
I don't see myself touching that game mode more than once.

Snork prediction: 0.34%

Nominate:
Marina x5

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Master Hand:

Chance: 4%
Unlikely, but I suppose it's at least possible.

Want: 7%
Eh.

Playable Boss Mode:

Chance: 10%
Definitely possible, but certainly not likely.

Want: 20%
Meh.

Stork Prediction: 1.5%
Higher than others are rating.

Zelda Newcomer Prediction: 44%
Little Lower than others are rating.

Uh, my nominations for No Namco Character were not counted. It should now be at 72. @ Groose Groose , I don't remember who does the nomination count now, so could you inform them?

Nominations: Diskun x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Master Hand

Chance - 0.1% - I could see this happening, if Sakurai wants a playable smash character, but I don't think it would fit. I think the Smash series was meant to be a neutral party mean to act as a host for the others, and not the series itself.

Want - 1% - If we had to have a character to represent Smash, it's him. Doesn't mean I want him at all, though.

Playable Boss Mode

Chance - 0.02% - Horrible chances. While it may have been tossed around at one point, it makes no sense to have this when making the main playable characters should be a priority.

Want - 35% - While I consider this a waste of development time, I might take this back if the proper characters were made bosses. Still, even if such a mode existed, I'm fairly certain people would be very divided over who should be a boss. Kracko or Galatica Knight? Hewdraw or Twinbellows? Titan Dwevil or Waterwrath? (PS - I would go with the first pick for all of these.) I'd rather avoid this mess, though it might be fun to mess around a bit.

Predictions

Stork - 0.17% - Wow, despite for more Yoshi characters, much?

Zelda Newcomer - 45% - Not bad, but not likely.

Nominations
Nutty Noon Stage X5

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Master Hand Chance - 1%
Cant really see it happening, and I don't think we will get a smash original character.
Master Hand Want - 30%
I would be a bit interested to see what they would do with him.

Playable Boss Mode Chance - 0.1%
Most focus is probably going to character game play.
Playable Boss Mode Want - 0%
Seems more like a waste of time in my opinion.

Predictions
Stork - 10% - It's possible . . .
Zelda Newcomer - 55% - A pretty good chance.

Nominations
Bowser Jr X5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Master Hand:
Likelihood: 0%
Master Hand's moves do not translate well into a playable moveset. Plus, he's most famous as the ending boss of classic mode.

Want: 0%
Nah. I prefer him as a boss. I have no desire to play as him outside of a playable boss mode, which brings me to my next rating....

Playable Boss mode:
Likelihood: 0%
I heavily doubt Bosses will be playable outside the debug menu or glitches.

Want: 75%
Sure. It would be interesting (and cool) to be able to play as Petey Piranha, Porky, Master Hand, Rayquaza while your friends team up against you.

Stork prediction: 0.1%
Lol, really?

Zelda newcomer prediction: 49%
Hard to say. People are pretty divided on whether we will see a new Zelda character. Some believe that Toon Link killed the chances of other Zelda characters joining the fray, while others believe it actually opens the way for Toon Zelda, Tetra and Tingle.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Master Hand - 5%
Want - 15%

Playable Boss Mode - 0%
Want - 0% Takes away from development on real characters.

predict Stork 0.08%

Flynn (Shin Megami Tensei) x5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Master Hand
Chance: 100%

Of course Master Hand will return! He's a staple of the seri-playable you say?

O-Oh.

Master Hand
Chance: 100%
Chance: 0%(as a regular fighter)

I just can't see Master Hand being playable as a regular character on the regular Roster. He's the perfect boss, the classic, but that's the problem...he's a boss.

Want: 50%
I'd prefer more traditional Nintendo cast members for the REGULAR roster. But I'll admit the idea of playing Smash's final boss? Kind of intriguing.

Playable Boss Mode
Chance: 20%

With the boss battles as already a previous mode, and the Wii U screen allowing for a fifth player to mess around, I can see this mode actually being possible. It's hugely unlikely Sakurai will have 5 players for regular Smash, and the Wii U screen IS going to be used for something...

So having a fifth player play as the various bosses in a boss mode? Not an impossible idea...not even a bad idea for the Wii U screen.

We're also likely to get a new mode, and I can see this as somewhat feasible. However due to the specific nature of this mode, I can't give it higher than that.

Want: 100%
Providing boss battle mode returns, being able to make the bosses playable isn't really that complex a deal. Allowing people to play as larger, more obscure(but perfectly acceptable) bosses like Master Hand, Porky or Petey Piranha seems like a fun team mode to try out, and certainly more worthwhile than say...I dunno; Stickers. Or Masterpieces.

Boss Battle Mode was by far my favourite mode from Brawl. Extending it so me and my friends can all play it together in one crazy team battle seems like it'd be hella fun.

Stork prediction: 0.8%

Legend of Zelda newcomer: 45%

Nominations:
Louie X 5.

Last edited:

Smady

Smash Master
Master Hand:

0.5% Chance - Sakurai isn't going to waste time adapting a boss that huge and unwieldy as a playable character, it's simply not worth the effort.

75% Want - Saying that, it would a hell of a lot of fun to play and I'd love it. The only problem is imagining it working on the inputs of a normal moveset. There've been similar things in Make Your Move that work really well but I can imagine it being a logistical nightmare to make work over half a dozen control schemes, including the 3DS.

Playable Bosses:

0.1% Chance - If there's going to be a mode for it, I can vaguely see it happening if Sakurai runs out of other ideas. What kills it is it would require playable bosses over just Master Hand for example. Adapting multiple bosses into a playable format is never going to happen unless through a debug mode.

90% Want - As unlikely as it is, though, I can't say I don't love the idea, and moreso than Master Hand as I get options of who I want to play. Especially if I were to twist this suggestion a bit to play the bosses in a normal match against a team of opponents, maybe even online players, that'd be a dream come true. The only downside is that the bosses would be mostly the iconic bosses like Yellow Devil or others who don't exactly play all that naturally with a controller in hand. I'd get over that quickly enough, though, plus if there were characters like Dr Wily or King Hippo as bosses I could actually play, it'd be the best feature ever.

Stork Prediction: 0.2%

I'd say 0, but someone nominated it.

Zelda Newcomer: 40%

They tend to score lowly in this game, cumulatively they can't score that high. Ghirahim's chances are shot to me because the Zelda characters aren't even remotely designed like in Skyward Sword, and Ganondorf is MIA, making me think my theory about him becoming WW Ganondorf to give Tink a rival may be true. Ganondorf is in a unique position to screw over the other newcomers if he does get a whole new moveset, or he could remain the same. There may also be a de facto rule in Sakurai's mind not to add ostensibly one-time Zelda villains. As for Tingle, his last game didn't sell that well and came out a long time ago. If there's a new Ganondorf in the upcoming Zelda that Sakurai uncharacteristically uses as inspiration, I could see Tingle get in to give Tink a rival instead. It's all a mess of remakes, patterns and not knowing if the Zelda team at Nintendo is involved in any way, like they gave Sakurai Sheik's unused SS design... makes it hard to predict.

Goku x5

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Master Hand
Chance: 0% - (As a traditional fighter) He just doesn't have the body for it. He could however be a playable boss, (see below).
Want: 0% - A Boss role just suits him better.

Playable Bosses
Chance: 20% - I think you guys are underestimating the chances of this happening. Bosses have already been made playable in the past using debug mode. The thing that really makes this instalment unique is the Wii U controller, which would make is easier to aim and control Boss attacks with the touch screen. I don't think it would take too much time from development as Bosses control much different from playable characters anyway.
Want: 70% - It sounds like fun.

Stork prediction: 0.02 (looks like we're having more bird soup tomorrow)

Zelda Newcomer prediction: 74% (when I took all the scores of previous Zelda newcomers and added them up, I got a whopping 97.56%. If i added Skull Kid's rating it would have been 105.08%.)

Nominations: Improved stage builder x5

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Master Hand:
Chance- 0.1%
He doesn't have the body or shape to be playable.
He most likely will stay a boss, unless Sakurai wants a Smash original character and somehow ignored Sandbag (which is highly unlikely).

Want- 0.1%
Budder as a bus.

Playable Boss Mode:
Chance- 50%

Could go either way. It depends on whether or not they want to make the WiiU Gamepad function in a unique way. If they do, this would be one of the first options.
4 Wii Remote Fighters vs, One Gamepad Boss

Want-100%
Close thy mouth and receive my currency.

Stork Prediction: 1%. As popular of an idea it is here on SmashBoards, it is too new for Sakurai to possibly hear about it before he finished the roster.
Maybe in SSB5.

Zelda Newcomer: 75%. If Mario gets the Brawl cast and a newcomer, and Pokémon gets the Brawl cast and Mewtwo , Zelda deserves to get its Brawl cast and a newcomer. Mario, Zelda, and Pokémon should stay equal in roster slots.
As for who this newcomer should be, I say Tingle. Not only is he a recurring character in the series, but he is unique, which is something Sakurai seems to be looking for. He could represent the various Shopkeepers of the Zelda series.

Nomination: X5 Sandbag again.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Master Hand:

Chance: 0.01%
Can't say it won't happen, but it kinda won't happen.

Want: 15%
I would not hate this, but don't want it either.

Playable Boss Mode:

Given the bosses are probably already playable in debug mode, and that the Wii U can likely handle four player co-op easily, and that it's not the first game to do such a thing it's actually fairly reasonable.

Chance: 35%
The issue becomes time, is it worth spending that time making the bosses easier to control, and more balanced, or to put that into other characters. Ultimately though, if the bosses are controllable in debug this shouldn't be that big a time sink, and it'll give the gamepad some functionality.... I could definitely see it, but smash is known for over-running anyway, any time is precious, even from a playable boss mode.

Want: 65%
Yeah, it'd hype me... but not a huge ammount. Some of the bosses would be awesome I'm sure, but it's not a mode I can see myself playing more than 10 times... I may be wrong however if it's in, it could be absolutely great fun.

Stork: 0.09%
Zelda Newcomer: 48%
Middling pessimism.

Fatal Frame/Spirit Camera*5
They're the same franchise, one's just an off-shot, I think it may be worth mentioning as the latter has a Miiverse page.

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Master hand likelihood: 0%

Bosses Likelihood: 5%
Want: 25%

Stork: .45%
Zelda newcomer: 67.65%

Rhythm Heaven Stage x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
I'm going to change my Master Hand chance score to 0.5%. In the unlikely event that they do make a Smash original playable, I think they'd pick the final boss that's been in every game over the generic enemy or the punching bag.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Master Hand
2% Chance
100% Want
If we get an original Smash character, it should be him. However, that is a huge if. It would be awesome to play around with him though. Imagine the grabs XD.
Abstaining From Playable bosses...

Nominating Ridley x10

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Excellent! My nominations empire is growing!

MASTER HAND

Chance: .1% - Not an allstar but being the big bad for two games could come in handy.

Want: 40% - Not particularly fond of this idea but not exactly against it either. It'd be a pretty effective grabber and think of all of the fun you could have in free-for-alls with three princess opponents...

PLAYABLE BOSS MODE

Chance: 30% - Not impossible.

Want: 55% - Mostly indifferent but sure, it'd be nice to play things from the boss perspective. Plus it would give all the fans whose hopefuls ended up as bosses, a taste of their most wanted character.

Stork prediction: .08% - Another "Cole" day, eh...

Zelda newcomer prediction: 40% - The real part of the day.

Nominations:
Marina x5

Captain Toad

Smash Apprentice
Master Hand:

Chance: 10% Can't see the big bad being playable

Want: 20% Not sure I want Master Hand to be playable unless it was in some kind of boss mode.

Playable Boss Mode:

Chance: 20% depends on if they are even having other modes this time around. If they are, then this could be one they might go for, depends on if they like Ridley fans or not.

Want: 50% I think it's a cool concept, and it would be nice for some fans of those who keep getting used as background characters or boss fights to actually get to play as their most wanted character (Those people know who they are)...but...not sure how well it would work in actuality. (Also I'm still bitterly disappointed that my favourite character I've been waiting to appear since the first Smash still isn't in yet, but hey, I hide it well haha)

Predictions:
Stork: 0.2%
Zelda Newcomer: 25%

Nominations:
Isabelle (Animal Crossing) X5

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Master Hand
Chance/Want .1%- Small update today.

Abstain from Boss Mode

Predictions
Stork: .09%
Zelda Newcomer: 11%

Nominations- Ridley X5

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Master Hand

He seems like he would either be changed beyond recognition, or have some weird gimmick (like constantly floating and always being in HP mode). I suppose they could just take him and give him a totally new move set adapting him as if he were not from Smash at all. So he experiences gravity, jumps around, has little flicks and smacks as his standard attacks, and has his big flashy moves adapted into smaller, more typical specials (bullets, ram, drill, recover with the jet move, FS = Crazy Hand joins for lasers). But really, that seems unlikely. People aren't clamoring for Master Hand as much. Smash fans aren't fans because of Master Hand. And then who would be the final boss for single player modes?

Master Hand chances: 0.2%

Master Hand want: 23%
After thinking about it, it's not as horrible as I thought... if he's converted into a normal character without a huge gimmick (like not being affected by knockback and always being in HP mode).

Playable Boss Mode

The problem: Balancing the mode to make it fun. Nobody will want to play if you get to be Tabuu and spam his OHKO waves. Coming up with controls isn't so much the problem.

The way the boss battles work in Brawl is that you just need to learn the patterns and the start up parts of the boss attacks so you can react. The boss does not really react to the things you do, aside from changing its pattern as it takes more damage. Boss battles generally consist of a period where the boss sits there and lets you attack, followed by a period where you avoid attacks instead. It's not like regular game play.

So it would require a lot of work to make it a version where the boss player gets to react, since it would be very overpowered if they could just use the moves unaltered at any time.

Alternatively, the boss player could be placed in the position of instead creating the boss's pattern, but not reacting in real time. You'd get to line up the queue of moves and decide what the boss will do with some limitations to prevent you from spamming the strongest moves, but you don't directly control it like you control the regular players. Some tweaks to give you a few more options and make the behavior a little less like the CPU boss battle, and it could be playable... Not sure how fun it would be, but it wouldn't require as much balancing, so it would be able to be completed in a reasonable amount of time. But it might not be very much fun to be a slow boss that doesn't get to react in real-time.

Playable boss mode change: 2%

Playable boss mode want: 5%
This sounds like an excuse not to put Ridley in. And it feels like too much work for too little payoff. In theory it sounds fun, but it's hard to think of how it would actually work and be fun and balanced.

Predictions:
Stork: 0.2%
Zelda newcomer: 66%
I think people are going to add up our previous predictions, and then realize they're too high and adjust them downward somewhat.

Nominations:
Paper Mario x5

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Huh, so I'll give scores then arguments since the concepts have, at the core, similar issues and benefits

Master Hand
Chance - 1%
Want - 0%

Playable Boss Mode
Chance - 5%
Want - 10%

What I like about these two ideas is that they bring forth both uniqueness and the whole concept of asymmetrical gameplay that's supposed to be the core of Wii U gameplay since Nintendoland.
For Master Hand, I'd say it's rather unlikely given the fact balancing it could potentially be a nightmare, and with this Smash it seems to be the case that Sakurai is very conscious of the fact each potential character has a very strong fanbase that he doesn't want to disappoint. He's already given us WFT out of left field, at most I'd imagine he'd give us perhaps one more random character (perhaps a retro or new franchise) and the rest should cater to fans. Master Hand, while acknowledging the legacy of Smash Brothers, seems like a selfish decision since it's going to be in the game anyway, and having it take up a player spot will probably detract from it's boss appearance and remove the chance of another Nintendo icon to join. This also explains my 0% want.
The only way Master Hand works is as a playable boss controlled through the gamepad. So we move to that. Now, personally, I've also given thought to the fact that both versions will have a second screen with touch controls, which would make it easy for such shenanigans as controlling the Master Hand with the stylus to mess with other players, in a boss mode or outside as a stage gimmick or separate multiplayer mode. It's a really solid idea, along with many of the other gamepad ideas people have come up with ... heck, I personally feel just having someone with the gamepad control the spawn location and type of items would be a brilliant way to include non-core gamers, and it would be fun to have the gamepad control the trajectory of the smash ball. Nevertheless, I recall seeing in an interview somewhere, can't recall which one, that Sakurai seems keen on not having gamepad gimmicks, and a playable bosses mode would, imo, just not work without taking advantage of that. So I'll bring chance down because of that.
As for want, I bring it down because I'd rather Sakurai and the team focus on balancing the game as best as possible, because in the long run that's what we'll be playing over and over again the most. I'll sit to play Smash in the sense I'll go online to practice my Palutena skills (cross fingers), I won't be playing it so much to go on bosses mode, aside from the occasional party I suppose. I give 10% instead of 0% since I do think it'd be nice to have a non-gamer friend/significant other control an overpowered character to help you train.

Predictions
Stork - 0.27%
Zelda newcomer - 54%

Nominations
x5 Magolor

Groose

Smash Champion
Uh, my nominations for No Namco Character were not counted. It should now be at 72. @ Groose Groose , I don't remember who does the nomination count now, so could you inform them?

That would be me. @Brawler610 does the Directory, @ Toxicroaker Toxicroaker does the music section, @ Smasher 101 Smasher 101 does the predictions, @ LoneKonWolf LoneKonWolf and @ FalKoopa FalKoopa generally help when I can't be here, and @Hades the Magnificent messes up the game when I close my eyes. Without them, we wouldn't have the same game. I do nominations, calculations, updates, OP, and anything that I forgot to mention.

Master Hand: 1%

I doubt we're getting a Smash original purely because there aren't really any notable Smash original characters. Wire Frames and Primids are somewhat generic enemies, Sandbag is... Sandbag... and Master Hand is a floating hand. I'd say Tabuu looks like the best option, but he's nowhere near as iconic as the others. I doubt the development crew will even really consider morphing Master Hand into a playable character, but I suppose there is a tiny possibility they think about it and decide to give it a go.

Master Hand Want: 100%
@Brawler610
summed up my thoughts: that glitch was awesome and I want more of it. If they shrunk him down a bit and made it so he could take knockback (albeit less than any other character), he'd be freaking sweet. Make his moves have some considerable lag, yet hit like bricks and you could potentially get the ultimate heavyweight Smasher. This would be epic beyond words, and he's someone I'm seriously considering promoting for the next Smash Bros. game, as I acknowledge there's no point for this one.

Playable Boss Mode Chance: 5%
Hmm. I wouldn't be surprised if they had some sort of new mode up their sleeves for this game. However, I'm not so sure it would be this. I'd assume they'd shoot for at least a half a dozen bosses in order to make the mode "fleshed out," and making each one of those bosses playable would probably be a very difficult thing to do. @ Erimir Erimir pretty much summed up the difficulties that this would entail; in addition to what he mentioned, you might also encounter lag issues and probably a lot of potential glitches. It could happen and I'd say it's a fair bit more likely than making a boss like Master Hand into an actual Vs. Mode playable character, but I just don't think that's what their focus will be on this time.

Playable Boss Mode Want: 20%
I'm rather tepid on this idea. Instead of committing all that time to making this mode, why not just design a boss or two to actually be on the roster? That way, you'd be able to play with them more often and in different ways. I can't completely hate on the idea because it could be really fun if executed properly, but I feel it ultimately would be a waste of time and just an ancillary part of the game.

E. Gadd x5

DAY OVER

BOSS DAY DEFEATED! BRING ON THE STORK!

Groose

Smash Champion
Master Hand (Super Smash Bros.)
1.15% chance
28.59% want

Master Hand did much better in chance than Primid and Sandbag put together, and did almost as well in want as the two put together. Sadly, that doesn't say much and he's still going to find himself buried out of our Top 100 Newcomers.

Playable Boss Mode
8.66% chance
43.04% want

Playable Boss Mode went over a bit better than Master Hand, but it still suffered a pretty terrible fate. Lots of people thought it would detract from the main Vs. Mode and viewed it as a waste of time, but a good number also viewed it as a pretty awesome way to work in boss characters.

Today we're rating the Stork from Yoshi's Island in chance and want. If you don't know who the Stork is, please take a gander at the picture I put on the OP. You should find it... informative. After that, we're rating the chance and want of getting a Zelda newcomer. Any newcomer from the Zelda series qualifies!

Tomorrow we're revisiting the Pikmin series and rating... Bulborb. Oh, yeah! Please predict how Bulborb will fare in tomorrow's match. In addition to Bulborb, we'll be rating the BIGGEST potential newcomer. You know of whom I speak; he's that guy up there, in the clouds. Please predict how a certain purple space dragon will fare in tomorrow's match. Smasher 101 will tag the winners of today's nominations later--from now on, I won't be mentioning that part in my beginning of the day posts.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Stork:
Chances:0%
Want:15%

-Zelda Newcomer:
Chances:45%
Want:20%

-Bulborb prediction:0,2%

-Ridley prediction:74%

-Nomination:Toon Zelda/Tetra X5

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Come on groose, if you put that pic of the stork, at least have SOME sort of official pic.

Additionally.

Anyway I just got back from skiing in America, and I'm probably going to do my rating for stork tomorrow. See you then

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
stork - 0.000000000000000000000001%
want - 0%

. . .
Zelda newcomer - 52.50%
I feel a Zelda newcomer could be very possible since we got a Mario one and an imminent Pokémon newcomer soon too come, but obviously not everything can and will be set in stone, especially seeing how most of them are hard to place down properly
want - 55%
10 for tingle
75 for ghirahim
50 for toon Zelda/ tetra (or separate)
50 for vaati,
50 for impa
10 for ganon
95 for minda
100 for groose
all together equals 55%
bulborb - 0.07%
all we have left are "cole" days . . . don't we?
Ridley - 64.87%
tough to call, but I imagine he'll get a significant lower score this time around
nominations:
wolfX5

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Stork

Chances: 0.1%: I guess it's still a Nintendo character. Which to me, say it's it at least has a chance. However, those chances are really,really low.

Want: 0%: Nope.

Zelda Newcomer:

Chances: 25%: We have a few decent choices to go with. But that's only if any of them offer a good moveset. I see Tingle as the most likely of the bunch though. But he's not well liked here in the West.

Want: 50%: I'm pretty "meh" on a new Zelda character. So I can't really say I'm for it. But I won't say I'm completely against it either.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Also guys before I leave for tomorrow, I'll put some sense out there so we don't get hordes of zeros.

Stork is a predominant character in Yoshis island. He appears once again in the newest Yoshi game. Every game he was in he was given a large role. He's also pretty much the only important character that's exclusive to the Yoshi games.

All those things are legit reasons He could get in. Therefore there shouldn't be zeros unless its biased and baseless.

Thank you. Imma go to sleep now.

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Stork

Chance - 0% - Um... asides from carrying babies, does the stork even do anything? If there was a new Yoshi character, it would be Kamek or Shy Guy, not this near nobody.

Want - 0.01% - Only because it feels insulting to put him on the same level as Sandbag and Scrooge.

Legend of Zelda Newcomer

Chance - 50.99% - This is a little less than the combined score of Tingle, Giriham, Gannon, Toon Zelda and Tetra, and Vaati. Honestly, I think that while each individual character has a small chance, combined they are actually somewhat likely, though looking back I should have rated lower a few characters.

Want - 67% - Interested in Tetra solo and Vaati, but otherwise I'd rather not have one.

Predictions

Bulborb - 0.11% - Can't we at least do the Emperor Bublax instead?

Ridley - 74.4% - Just beating out K. Rool now, due to Little Mac and general increasing optimism.

Nominations
Nutty Noon Stage X5

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
More zeros...

It hurts man, it hurts....

Tomorrow I'm going to have one heck of a time with my rating.

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Stork
Chances: 0% - Baby Mario, Baby Bowser, and Kamek all have much bigger roles in the Yoshi franchise. His design is very uncreative and he does not do much in his games that could easily be translated into a move pool. He also doesn't have many supporters.
Want: 0% - As far as the myth of the baby delivering stork goes, I think Dumbo did it more justice. :)

Zelda Newcomer
Chance: 40% - Toon Zelda, Ghirahim, Impa and Tingle are all potential candidates. None of them are stand-outs.
Want: 19% - Of the potential candidates that we have, I don't really care for any if them.

Bulborb prediction: 0.6%

Ridley prediction: 74%

Nominations: Improved Stage Builder x5

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Baby Eater: 0%

Zelda Newcomer: The chances that Ganondorf will get cut is 1%... and I view the chances of having five Zelda characters (excluding Sheik) at 60% so that means...
61%! But just for future reference/laziness
Ganondorf: 99%
Toon Zelda & Tetra/Sheik: 15%
Ghirahim: 13%
Tingle: 11%
Ganon: 8%
Other random characters: 6%
Impa: 4%
Vaati: 2%
Midna: 1%

Want: 80%

Bulborb: 0.1%
Ridley: 72.13%

x5 Cookie Country

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
New Zelda rep is like 90% likely, and it'll totally be Tetra/Toon Zelda if/when we get another.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
3% Chance for Stork / 10% Want

50% Chance for Zelda Newcomer / 50% Want

5x Athena Cykes

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Stork
Chance - 0%
Want - 0%

That's bull****

Nobody even knows what they are rating here half the time. Can't people do at least a little research?
I read this comment and it prompted me to do research, and I'm sorry to say I still can't take it seriously. I'd really suggest that you don't take this day to heart since not everyone has the unconventional mind of wanting Stork. I do look forward to your post though, even if I probably won't agree with it.

Zelda newcomer: 50%
I'm particularly split on this one. On the one hand, I really like Tetra, Groose and Ghirahim, but on the other hand I imagine we're more likely to see newcomers from new series (or underrepresented ones) before seeing another Zelda character. That second part is what makes me hesitant from giving this a higher chance score. I suppose we'll see.

Want: 100%
As much as I would like newcomers from other series, the fact is all contender for this spot would be fantastic characters that I would like. Tetra/Toon Zelda and Ghirahim being the most likely in my eyes, with Tingle following by (Even though I don't like tingle that much, I admit now it would be an interesting addition.) And even the less likely like Vaati and Groose would be phenomenal characters.

Prediction
Bulborb - 0.7%
One or two ratings will probably defy all the zeros I expect.
Ridley - 81.4%
Little Mac's hype will probably be felt tomorrow when rating another star of the West

Nominations
x5 Magolor

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Stork
Chance - 0%
Want - 0%

I read this comment and it prompted me to do research, and I'm sorry to say I still can't take it seriously. I'd really suggest that you don't take this day to heart since not everyone has the unconventional mind of wanting Stork. I do look forward to your post though, even if I probably won't agree with it.
Probably not going anywhere close to 10% but even if they're want is zero, I wouldn't mind, but chance is another thing. Its in the realm of possibility, if not still completely unlikely. But it doesn't have 0% chance, like many are insinuating. I don't ever expect really high scores for most of the characters I nominate, but 0% is bad as omastar, owain, and sandbag, which were mostly all a complete joke. Stork is (only a bit) more than a joke, which upsets me at 0% chance. Heck, even 0.1% is better. Whatever, looking forward to my big rant tomorrow.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
The winner of the Master Hand prediction is @ FalKoopa FalKoopa . The winner of the Boss Mode prediction is...uh...me.

(...it took me until just now to notice that I submitted my Kawasaki want rating with finishing typing it out...)

Stork's chances: 0% - Went ahead and looked into this and it didn't change my opinion. Somewhat important? Sure, maybe. More important than, say, Kamek or the Babies? Absolutely not. He shouldn't get in over either and the chances of a second Yoshi character are already pretty low. And before anyone says "but others have appeared outside of Yoshi games"...so? Doesn't make Stork more important, the others are still major in the Yoshi series. Overall? I'm sorry, but this isn't happening.
Want: 0% - No.

Zelda newcomer: I'm doubtful honestly. None of the remaining characters are really that necessary and the series isn't quite as important as Mario or Pokemon. I'll break down who I think has a chance and combine the scores:

Toon Zelda: 10%
Tingle: 10%
Ghirahim: 5%
Ganon: 5% (as a transformation, but I suppose it still counts)
Impa: 3%
Vaati: 1%
Midna: 1%

Zelda Newcomer chances: 35%
Want: 30% - The only one above that even slightly interests me is Vaati, who I just put at 1%. Not that interested in anyone else.

Bulborb prediction: 0.18% - what
Ridley prediction: 72.81% - I didn't really see why we needed to rate him again, but ok. Should do...about the same as the last three times.

Mii x10

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom