• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groose

Smash Champion
Amaterasu (Okami)
0.21% chance
46.53% want

Poor pup. At least people seem to like the idea---Ammy has the highest want rating of anyone who failed to make the Top 100 of Chance... except for Banjo, of course.

Promoted Assist Trophy
87.49% chance
90.47% want

...and the chance of any Assist Trophy becoming playable is less than the chance of Little Mac becoming playable! Yeah, I don't know either. This concept is rather popular--two of the top ten of want fall under this category, after all.

Today we're trying to shoot him down... if we can. I speak of the assassin known as the Great Leon, of course. Please rate Leon in chance and want today. And in addition to that... please rate the chance and want of having Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon... without the trainer anchoring them together. I believe a similar mechanic is in Project M?

Tomorrow... it shall be REYN TIME! Please predict how Reyn from Xenoblade Chronicles will do in tomorrow's match. The winner of today's nominations is... @ Smasher 101 Smasher 101

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I think I'll abstain from Leon this time:
Seperate Trainer's Pokemon Chance: 1%
Seperate Trainer's Pokemon Want: 0% Why should I make them seperate, that ruins the point of the Pokemon Trainer.
Reyn prediction: 0.73%
Nominations:
x5 Alph Brittany Charlie Trio

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Why am I always late?

Leon:
Chance and Want: 0%.

Pokemon Trainer's Pokes:
Chance and Want: 50%.
I hate the PKMN Trainer gimmick and it really doesn't count as over representing Pokemon, since the characters are there anyway.

Reyn: 1%.
Nominations: Ghirahim x3.

King K Roll x2 @Louie G.

Last edited:

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
THE GREAT LEON

Chance: 10%- Krystal and Slippy are probably the most likely Star Fox characters.

Want: 100%- Leon is one of my favorite Star Fox characters.

Separate Pokemon

Chance: 0%- The switch mechanic will stay.

Want: 10%- It'd be alright, just because they get new down-B's.

Reyn Prediction

1.12%

Nominations

Plasm Wraith x5

(Oh God the Plasm Wraith is gonna be rated after Reyn.....)

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Leon's chances: 0% - Don't see another Star Fox character happening and if there is one it wouldn't be Leon.
Want: 10% - Like the character but I think Star Fox is complete as is.

Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon Minus Trainer: 0% - I can't see them ditching the Trainer and giving all of his Pokemon their own slots. Charizard could possibly earn a spot of his own, but Squirtle and Ivysaur probably not.
Want: 90% - That being said, the Trainer is one of my least favorite characters to use. I think I'd prefer it if his Pokemon separate. I'd probably use Squirtle pretty often if he was his own character.

Reyn prediction: 0.17%

Dixie Kong x10

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Leon chances: 0% never even heard his name, though I have seen some picture of him before
Want: yes, all the want chameleons are dope 100%

Char/Squir/Saur: I can see charizard so 33%
Want: yes, all the project m goodness 1000%

nomination king boo x5 if he hasn't been discussed

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Leon and Pokemon Trainer Pokemon (No Trainer) have been added to the Directory.

Leon
Chance:
7%

In terms of Japanese popularity, people want him, Krystal, or Slippy as the 4th Star Fox character. With that being said, those characters aren't really wanted. However, Leon would have trouble getting in on his own merits. Something tells me that he is unjustifiable for Smash and even Slippy and Krystal would be worth it for the 4th spot. Krystal at least has popularity from Brawl and Slippy has seniority, but Leon doesn't have too much to go with. He might be a good option if Sakurai is desperate for a clone on the roster and Leon might be that choice because he is definitely not going to cut Falco or Wolf.
Want: 10%
I guess he would be cool? Rather have him than Krystal, but that's not saying much.

Pokemon Trainer Pokemon (No Trainer)
Chance:
5%

Hmm… I gave Red a 95% chance? Hmm… do I still go with this? I would probably lower it down to 80%-90%, mostly because while the trainer plays an important role in the games, Sakurai could easily cut him to free resources. The only Pokemon within the Trainer's Pokemon that I can see be playable on its own is Charizard, maybe Squirtle and Ivysaur might get in on their own, but not before Charizard.
Want: 58.33%
I hate to give decimals, but the way I came up with this want score is that I gave every Pokemon different want scores and divided the total by 300.
Charizard: 100% (it's Charizard and playing as it would be awesome; I would play as it more if it didn't have the Stamina gimmick attached to it)
Squirtle: 50% (Squirtle is pretty cool, though I would be indifferent if it was playable)
Ivysaur: 25% (Ivysaur is meh)
Add that all together and boom: We have 175. 175/300 = 58.33%.

NOW IT'S REYN TIME Prediction: 1.04%
Reyn is rather popular (not too popular, but it's still somewhat notable), but will his popularity put him around Groose's levels? I dunno. I hope so. Reyn is awesome! It's also epic that we are rating him on day 150!

The next character I will be nominating is still within the realms of Project Rainfall. We've rated Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles, we've rated Aeron from Pandora's Tower, now let's finish the Project Rainfall trio.
Nominations: Zael (The Last Story) 5x

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
The Great NO.
Pros
-No, Seriously, NO! THERE IS NOTHING TOWARDS THIS GUY, THIS IS A JOKE!
Cons
-EVERYTHING! ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING! NAOTO SHIROGANE, FREAKING NAOTO HAS A HIGHER CHANCE THAN LEON!
OVERALL RATING- .05%
WANT: -100% 00.00%- Almost as bad as Slippy.

Project M Happened
Chances: 1%- Sakurai added them for that mechanic, it will stay if they all return. If Zard returns, it won't. But that's not really likely. There's a really high chance we are still getting a PT because despite the mechanic sucking, it's unique.
Want: 100%- Sub-Main of PM Charizard. Of course I do. I hate the PT mechanic with a burning passion. Stupid stamina.

Reyn: ugh....it is NOT Reyn Time. Tomorrow is. .37%
^(Whose idea was this again? :joyful:)
Ridley X5

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Leon

Chance - 0.02% - I'd expect another member of Star Fox before Star Wolf. I'd give him the title of mostly likely new Star Wolf member, due to being the only one who always stays with the team and being seen as Wolf's number two, but it amounts to very little.

Want - 20% - Bleh. Star Fox characters simply do not interest me this time around. Even then, there are other characters I'll take over him.

Pokémon Trainer's separation

Chance - 20% - While it is possible due to balancing reasons or developmental reasons, I don't see it happening. Supposedly Sakurai wanted the gimmick of a Trainer since the development of Melee, but lacked the ability do so. Now that he has it in, I'd say that he would want to keep the Trainer in as much as possible.

Want - 40% - Not horrible, but I would prefer if there was a option to not force switching instead of having no switching forced on us. As a casual, I really didn't mind the switching, however much forced, though I will admit I haven't played Brawl recently at all.

Reyn Prediction - 0.07% - A side character from a mostly cult game that is recent enough that there is some doubt as to whether the main character can make it. Sounds like a questionable choice for me.

Nominations
Nutty Noon Stage X5

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Leon Powalski:
Chance: 1% - Sakurai likes Star Fox, and he may decide to even out Team Fox and Team Wolf with two each. Leon makes the most sense out of any of Wolf's team, being somewhat of a rival to Falco AND Slippy. But, more likely, Starfof will stay with just Fox, Falco, and Wolf.
Want: 3% - If we get another Starfox, then Krystal, followed by Slippy, Peppy, and THEN Leon.... at least he's better than Panther. I'm not opposed to him, persay, but I don't particularly want him when there's PLENTY more to work with.

PKMN w/o Trainer: 0% - They were added BECAUSE of the gimmick. It's more likely that if the Trainer were removed, all 3 will be too.
Want: 0% - I actually liked the Trainer.

Reyn: 0.8% - Reyn isn't as important as Shulk, who may or may not get in. If Shulk gets in, no one else from his series will.

Noms:
Sora x3
Alexandra Roivas x2

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Erm, why are we pushing for a Dixie rerate before Tropical Freeze releases? Her rating is fairly stable across two votes and there has been no news that should significantly change anything; rerating now would be premature. If anything I think it would be far more interesting to rerate her on or after Thursday since that would be the first real chance for opinions to start changing, assuming she isn't revealed that day.

Leon - 0%
Like I said on Slippy's day, Star Fox is a dormant, arguably overrepresented franchise, which sets the odds heavily against any SF newcomer, and more than that, there's already a clear frontrunner for a potential fourth spot in Krystal, making any other pick even more unlikely. Leon doesn't seem special or popular enough to overcome those obstacles, so I can't foresee him having any serious chance at making it in.
Want - 0% - If we have to get a new SF character, I should hope it's Krystal.

Pokemon Trainer Releasing His Pokemon - 0%
Having the Trainer is pretty much the entire point of the character, and while Charizard in particular could probably stand on his own, the idea of representing the Kanto trainer and his starters is so iconic to the Pokemon franchise that I have a hard time believing Sakurai would even consider cutting him. Heck, he's easily the second most important Pokemon rep behind Pikachu. Why would Sakurai want to mess with such a smart character design? Leave the broken up team for Project M and similar mods; for the official games, Trainer is here to stay.
Want - 0% - Even if this would make Charizard and company more viable characters, removing the Trainer from the equation would be a horrible mistake.

Reyn Prediction - 1.6%
Any Xenoblade character past Shulk should get zeroes, but I foresee some generosity coming Reyn's way.

Nominations
Tetra x5

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Leon Likelihood: 0%
Want: 0%

Pokemonless Trainer Likelihood: 0%
Want: 20%

Rein: .85%

Rhythm Heaven stage x5

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Leon
Likelihood: 0.1%

Pokemon w/o trainer
Likelihood: 0.1%

Reyn
Prediction: 0.1%

Nominations:
F-Zero Newcomer x5

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Leon:
Chances: 5%
Want: 45%

-Pokemon with no Trainer:
Chances: 6%
Want: 50%

-Reyn prediction: 1,5%

-Nomination: Dixie Kong X5

Last edited:

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Leon

What can I say, other than hes not as great as he says he is. Im pretty sure that was title he gave himself.

Chance: 0.1%

Pokemon without trainer

For Charizard, Ivysaur and Squirtle to all come back, all seperate, it would be alot of work, but not impossible. Although I consider Charizard to be a lock, seperate or with PT, the other two are not in the same league. That being said, I would much, MUCH rather have them seperate. It will make them all more viable choices, as the stamina mechanic (which was lackluster) will not be in place, same with the effectiveness mechanic, which made ivysaur practically useless. Project M is a perfect example of why this should happen.

Chance: 1%
Want: 90%

Make it REYN: 0.19%

Nominations:
Pokemon Trainer x5

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Leon: Leon is very under-estimated. If it weren't for popularity he may be close to Krystal in chance. He is the only member of Star Wolf (besides Wolf himself) to be in every game besides the first one. He is the rival to Falco much like Wolf is a rival to Fox. He has to go through Krystal, Peppy, and Slippy to get a spot on the roster though (he should easily go through Peppy and Slippy). That along with the fact that Starfox might not even get a representative makes him unlikely. All in all I have to give him a 6%
Want: 100%

Pokemon Without Trainer: 0% Sorry.
Want: 0% PM did it good but it would not be welcome on an official game.

Reyn: 0.5%

x5 Cookie Country

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
The Great [citation needed] Leon!
Chance: 0%
As far as Star Fox villains go, we really only need Wolf
mite b cool

Squirtle, Charizard, and Ivysaur, but no Trainer
Chance: 1%
Very unlikely, due to the fact that this means removing something about these three characters that made them unique, and I also doubt that they would take ideas from Project M
Want: 90%
With that said, I would be absolutely ecstatic if this happened. I loved playing as Charizard and Ivysaur (sorry Squirtle :'[) in Brawl, but I absolutely hated the stamina mechanic and the fact that I had to switch every time I got KO'd. I would give this a perfect score if it weren't for one thing; I can see them keep the Trainer while also removing all of the bad stuff about him in Brawl. At this point, I think that sounds like the most likely option for the kid, and one that I would be totally OK with.

Reyn prediction: 0.27%
I just got a great idea for my rate tomorrow, but I probably won't actually do it and the fact that I didn't will eat me up on the inside.

Now, who will I nominate...
Ah, I've got it!
It's time for one of Miiverse's most wanted characters...
Shadow the Hedgehog X10!

Yes, I am that evil >:3

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
The Great Mediocre Leon:

No. The series is overrepresented as it is, it has a clear forerunner in Krystal, and Slippy and Peppy are both slightly less unlikely.

No.

Charizard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle all by their lonesome:

No. If they all come back, they all come back together. The only way the mechanic will be changed is if Charizard comes back alone.

No. Unlike Sheik and Impa, there's literally no point whatsoever. It actually is a detriment to the representation of Pokemon overall. At least cutting Sheik and adding Impa would make a little sense.

Reyn Prediction: 0.71%
Who?

Noms (Changing them): Lyn x2, No Namco Character x1, x2 Non-Character Hanafuda Representation

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The NOT great Leon: 0%
He's way too low on the StarFox ladder to become playable.

Krystal or Slippy pls.

Pokémon without Trainer (ala Project M): 5%
This will only happen if Charizard becomes a standalone pokémon. Otherwise, I don't see it happening.

The idea of a Pokémon trainer was a really original idea, though it was executed poorly, and I'd hate to see it go.

Reyn: 0.1%

I think I'll stop nominating now, and just rate whatever the game throws at me.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Leon: 0% nope
Want: ^

Pokemon without Trainer: If this is about all 3 of them then 0% If just Charizard then 10%
Want: 55%
While I would probably like Charizard and Squirtle more on their own, I like the idea of the Pokemon Trainer.

5x Kiddy kong

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Leon
Chance: 0% - He's the only other permanent member of Star Wolf. I don't think that he's important enough to the franchise to be playable. Wolf represents the team fine on his own.
Want: 64% - The Great Leon is awesome.

The Pokemon finally turning against their slaver.
Chance: 10% - The only member of the team that I can realistically see coming back on his own. I don't think it's likely because the Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle evolution lines have always been viewed as a trio. Keeping one without the other two would be like breaking tradition.
Want: 0% - If it's not broken, don't fix it.

Reyn prediction: 0.9%

Nominations: improved stage builder x5

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
MUSIC SECTION: PART 2
[collapse=Music for all to enjoy]
IF ANY OF THESE LINKS ARE DEAD/INCORRECT, PLEASE CONTACT ME, TOXICROAKER. Thank you. Feel free to contribute anything you wish.
Prologue: Super Smash Bros. Melee - How to Play
Intro: Super Smash Bros. 4 - Main Theme
Nomination: Super Smash Bros. - Bonus Game
Ratings: Super Smash Bros. Melee - Menu 1
Debate: Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Tabuu
Day Over: Super Smash Bros. - Ending
New Day Begins: Super Smash Bros. Melee - Opening

Characters

Tiny Kong (Day 145): Kongo Jungle, Tiny's Barrel, and Stealth Snoop

Young Link (Day 146): Hyrule Field (OoT), All Warp Songs, Saria's Song, Song of Storms, and Gerudo Valley

Harry (Day 147): Bamsham, Ikanger, and Title Theme (Teleroboxer)

Amaterasu (Day 148): The Sun Rises, Preparing for Action, Amaterasu's Theme (Marvel vs. Capcom 3), Reset (by Ayaka Hirahara), Reset (Thank You), Title Theme (Okami), Prologue, Issun's Theme, Cave of Nagi, Exorcizing Evil, Kamiki Village, Susano's Training, Susano's Battle, Cursed Hana Valley, Hana Valley, Cursed Shinshu Field, Shinshu Field, Ida Race, Lake Harami, Mr. Orange's Flower Dance, Konohana Shuffle, Sakuya's Theme, Agata Forest, Fighting Waka, Save, Battle of the Spider Queen, Canine Warriors Theme, Sparrow Inn, Crimson Helm, Begone!, Rage of a God, The Hundredth Year, Sacrificial Arrow, Kushi's Ride, Moon Cave, Battle of Orochi, Kamiki Festival, Ryoshima Coast, Sei-an City (Commoners' Quarter), Sei-an City (Aristocratic Quarter), Merchandise for Sale, Orca's Theme, Mysterious Spring, Dragon Palace, Inside the Water Dragon, Ninetales Extermination, Kamui of the Northern Lands, Wep'keer, Kamiki's Sorrowful Tradition, Ezofuji, Wawku Shrine, Battle of the Twin Demons, Promises Kept, Resolve, Theme of the Celestials, Waka's Fate, Theme of the Moon Tribe, Yami, Okami Shiranui, Title Theme (Okamiden), Spirit Suppression, Yakushi Village, Save (Okamiden), Kamiki Village (Okamiden), Cave of Nagi (Okamiden), Suppression of Yami's Descendants, Shinshu Field (Okamiden), Flooded Agata Forest, Agata Forest (Okamiden), Demon Market, Great Spirit Suppression, Southern Ryoshima Coast, Northern Ryoshima Coast, Sei-an City (Commoners' Quarter) (Okamiden), Sei-an City (Aristocratic Quarter) (Okamiden), Memories, Underground Ruins, Underground Ruins Depths, Thunder Cloud, King Fury Suppression, The Goryeo, Moon Cave (Okamiden), Orochi Extermination, Kamiki Village… 100 Years Ago, Kurow Loses Faith, Akuro Suppression, Eclipse, and Credits

Leon (Day 149): Leon's Theme, Star Wolf's Theme, and Venom (Melee)

Reyn (Day 150): Hometown, Colony 9, Mechanical Rhythm, Unfinished Battle, Engage the Enemy, Once We Part Ways, and To the Last Battle

Plasm Wraith (Day 151): S.S. Drake, Formidable Oak, Mysterious Life Form, and Plasm Wraith's Theme

Black Mage (Day 152): The Black Mages, Black Mage Village, and White Mage's Theme

Chef Kawaski (Day 155): Chef Kawaski's Theme, The Arena (Super Star Ultra), Gourmet Race (Brawl), and Cookie Country

Master Hand (Day 156): Main Theme (Brawl), Multi-Man Melee 2, Giga Bowser, Final Destination (64), Final Destination (Melee), Final Destination (Brawl), Boss Theme (Brawl), Tabuu, Subspace, and Opening (SSB)

Stork (Day 157): Intro (Yoshi's Island), Athletic Theme (Yoshi's Island), Flower Garden (Yoshi's Island), Training Course (Yoshi's Island), Kamek's Theme, and Overworld (Yoshi's Island)

Bulborb (Day 158): Mission Mode, Boss Theme (Pikmin 2), Stage Clear / Title (Pikmin), Main Theme (Pikmin), Forest of Hope, Ai no Uta, and Mini-Boss (Pikmin 3)

King Boo (Day 159): Main Theme (Luigi's Mansion), Gloomy Manor, Terrifying Invasion, Credits (Luigi's Mansion), Evershade Valley, and King Boo's Illusion

Tetra (Day 160): Tetra's Theme, Pirate Ship (Wind Waker), and The Great Sea

Diskun (Day 161): Famicom Meledy (Brawl), Title Theme (NES Remix), and Famicom Medley (PiCOPiCT)

Goku (Day 162): Prolouge (Yuyuki), Go Go! India, and Goku's Departure

Grovyle (Day 163): Primal Dialga (PMD2), Grovyle's Sacrifice, and Welcome to the World of Pokemon!

Louie (Day 164): World Map (Pikmin 2), Titan Dweevil, and The Crash Landing

Athena Cykes (Day 165): Athena Cykes ~ Ace Attourny, Athena Cykes ~ Courtroom Revolutionnaire, and Objection! (DD)

Professor E. Gadd (Day 166): Professor E. Gadd's Theme, Game Boy Horror, Luigi's Mansion Theme (Brawl), Evershade Valley, and Gloomy Manor

Midna (Day 167): Midna's Theme, Midna's Lament (Brawl), and Twilight Realm

Isa (Day 168): Fukouka, Menu (S&P: SS), and Nebulox

Zael (Day 169): Theme of The Last Story, Bathed in Light, and The One Who Rules All

Alph (Day 170): Alph's Crash Site, Garden of Hope, and A Rainy Day

Malagor (Day 171): A Visitor From Afar, Pop Star, Lor Starcutter, Looming Darkness, Sphere Doomer, and Vs. Malagor

Sora (Day 172): Dearly Beloved, Sora's Theme, and Friends In My Heart

Balloon Fighter (Day 173): Balloon Trip, In need of suggestions!

Sheriff (Day 174): In need of suggestions!

Adam Malkovich (Day 175): Mission Briefing, Title Theme (Other M), and Battle Theme 1

Alph, Brittany, and Charlie (Day 176): S. S. Drake, Alph's Crash Site, Brittany's Theme, and Charlie's Jam

Alexandra Roivas (Day 177): The Chosen, Sanity's Requiem, and A Journey Into Darkness

Shantae (Day 178): Title Screen (1/2 Genie Hero), Day Travel, and Risky Boots

Shadow (Day 179): I Am… All of Me, Never Turn Back, All Hail Shadow, Sonic vs. Shadow, Radical Highway, Sky Troops, Lost Impact, and Cosmic Fall

Goku (Day 180): Super Saiyan Goku, Dragon Ball Z Theme Song, and Kid Buu

Arino (Day 181): Arino's Theme, GameFan Magazine, and Credits (Retro Game Challenge)

Jack Frost (182): In need of suggestions!

Panther (183): Panther's Theme, Star Wolf, and Corneria

Wild Gunman (184): In need of suggestions!

Kunio-Kun/Alex (185): Final Confruntation, Major Boss (Shodai Nekketsu Koha), and Vanishing Tears

Happy Mask Salesman (186): Happy Mask Salesman's Theme, Majora's Mask Battle, , and Clock Tower

Isabelle (187): Town Hall, The Roost, and Main Street #1

Hero of Light (188): Main Theme (4 Heros of Light), Battle Theme (4 Heros of Light), and Horn, the Home of the Wind

Lupus (189): Title Screen (Jet Force Gemini), Character Select (Jet Force Gemini), and The Big Bug Fan Club

Tiki (190): Destiny~Ablaze, "You have power... Like mine", and Id~Hope
[/collapse]

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Leon Chances: 5%. Slippy, Peppy, and Krystal would get in fir- I'M THE GREAT LEON, YOU FOOLISH HEDGEHOG! -... Leon, go home.
Want: 20%. He's OK, bu- WOLF CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, KINGSHADOW!-... Please stop.
PKMN w/o Trainer Chances: 0%. What's the point?
Want: See above.
Reyn: 1%.
Chef Kawasaki X5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Leon(not Kennedy)
Chance: 5%

Leon has a VERY outside chance of becoming a playable character. He's a chameleon, and that could give him a neat camouflage ability, which puts him ahead of Slippy in terms of biological uniqueness.
From Team Wolf, he's the most obvious second rep...but that's just from Wolf's team. He's still far, far behind Krystal in terms of ability to be different or chance.

Want: 40%
Leon could be cool, and hey; I appreciate characters who are reoccurring. Leon's the only member of Team Wolf who've been there since Starfox 64 and still there(aside from Wolf) so whilst I wouldn't particularly ask for him, I would be okay if he somehow got in.

Would still prefer Krystal though seeing as she just makes more sense.

Charizard & Friends without the trainer:

Not happening. Closest we'll get, IF and only IF Trainer gets cut, is just keep Charizard. Why get rid of Trainer, but keep the Pokemon, the time consuming aspects separate?

Charizard is the one who'd make that leap...and honestly I think he's the most overrated Pokemon on the planet. Squirtle and Ivysaur are, at least to me, far more interesting and fun to play as than a slow ass fire breathing generic dragon with a flame on it's tail. If those two got scrapped and all we were left with was fricking Charizard, I'd be incredibly disappointed.

Reyn Prediction: 0.5%
Oh god, I have no idea.

Nominations: 5 X PLAYABLE BOSSES.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Leon

Minor Star Fox character? I doubt Star Fox is getting another character in the first place, much less one like Leon or Slippy. It's pretty much Krystal or no one, IMO.

Chances: 0.1%

PT's Pokemon without PT:

I don't think Sakurai would put one of them in without bringing back PT altogether. I think a lot of people liked him, even if the gimmick was quite negative for competitive play. Balancing the three Pokemon more and the roster more will make up for it somewhat. Maybe the stamina mechanic will be made less intrusive, or switching made quicker or safer... But I don't think we'll see Charizard solo.

Want: 40%
I'm mostly indifferent, but I don't think Squirtle and Ivysaur can make it on their own, and I'd be a little sad to see them go.

Reyn prediction: 0.5%

Nomination:
I'll help get this done early, I guess.
Dixie Kong x5

You said Nintendo tries to swipe anything VB-related under the rug, but why is the Virtual Boy an obtainable item in Animal Crossing; New Leaf!

OBJECTION!

Why is the Virtual Boy Mentioned in Brawl?

DOUBLE OBJECTION!
I think the Virtual Boy is something relegated to more of a collectible/Easter egg status. Making a VB character playable would be giving it too prominent a position. The reaction would not just be "Why are they putting this obscure character in the game?" but "Why are they putting this failure in the game?"

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
LEON

Chance: .2% - Not a chance.

Want: 0% - Not a care.

PKMN TRAINER WITHOUT TRAINER

Chance: 5% - Not really.

Want: 0% - Doesn't make sense to me personally.

Reyn Prediction: .17% - Who dat?

Nominations:
Chef Kawasaki x5

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Leon: 0/0
No

Pokémon Trainer's Pokémon alone:

Chance: 0.1%
A. Over representation in terms of slots.
2. Missing the important part of the trainer that reps part of the series otherwise untocuhed.
iii. Lucario shows that gimmicks are back with a vengeance.
Four. There's plenty of space for a fun weakness/resist mechanic that's actually balanced this time, after all Namco are involved.

I was pretty talkative about the type mechanic in the PKMN Trainer thread, saying how Villager and Megaman both bring more grass move to balance things a little and talking about how you could make it even more interesting. The Idea I suggested was using Electrical attacks (Ivysaur resists, while Charizard and Squirtle are both weak) and full resistance charts (Charizard resists fire too) combined with a re-worked Overgrow/Torrent/Blaze system. If you get hit by an attack you're weak to it'll cause more damage and/or knockback, but if hit by one you resist you'll gain a bonus to all damage caused by your primary type (ie. Charizards fire moves get stronger) for a short period. This'd make them more tactical and interesting in my opinion.

Obviously I doubt this exact mechanic will be used, but anything similar that makes the switching for type-matchups actually useful for once would really excite me... without the trainer switching the pokémon that can't really happen...

Reyn: 0.8%
People like Reyn... like ALOT, but we're all sensible here to not let want effect chance... unless it's for FE... or Waddle Dee... or possibly Slime... okay we're not sensible enough, but I have faith!!

Black Mage*5
(seriously, Master Hand's going to be before him? I don't even care for the character pick, but that's just insulting)

GROOOSSSEEEE!

If you haven't heard the news, there's rumours about two Dragon Quest games getting US releases (the names 'Luminaires of the Legendary Line' and 'The Seeds of Salvation' have both been registered by Square Enix in the US (and possibly other places, but we don't get that news so readily); both of these sound like Dragon Quest titles and no recent releases fit them). I think this is enough to start nominations for another slime Re-vote, but I'm quite aware I'm very biased when it comes to this matter...

Therefore I'm asking your advice; do you think these events would have a notable effect on the scores people would give for Slime? And do you think other players would be open to re-rating him again.

I extend this question to everybody else too, does this new information change your opinions, and are you interested in rating the blue blob again after hearing it.

My two informative posts on the matter on the Slime support thread.

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Leon Powalski - 0%
PT's Pokemon solo - 0% If we were talking about just Charizard, it's hypothetical, but all three alone seems negligible.

Alexandra Roivas x5

predict - 1%

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Leon
Chances - 0.1%
Whhyy??

Want - 0%
Wolf is all we need.

Trainer-less Pokemon
Chance - 5%
The only way I could see this happening is if Charizard became a solo character, but if that were the case then suddenly one of the most interesting characters would just devolve into the generic concept of flying, fire-breathing dragon thingy.

Want - 0%
I don't care about tournament viability or Project M, Pokemon Trainer is my second main and I want him to stay. And maining Pokemon Trainer means knowing which pokemon to start with, when to switch, how to use each pokemon, etc etc.
Take that away, and you lose not only one of the most unique characters but you also take away the one pokemon character that represents pokemon best. The whole idea of pokemon battles in the game is that you have the team of pokemon and you're able to switch back and forth to adjust your strategy and win AS A TEAM. Watch competitive pokemon battling, and you'll see it feels like there's sometimes more switching than actual attacking. Pokemon Trainer represents that fantastically, and it makes no sense to me that such uniqueness would be ditched.
As for stamina, I think it's a great idea in that it was meant to force people into actually playing in the spirit of the Trainer and SWITCH, instead of being another Sheik where everyone picks Squirtle and the other two get completely ignored. However though, I would say it was poorly executed in that instead of rewarding switching in and out, it punishes not doing so.
I'd be cool with the system being revised so that you can stick to your Pokemon without it getting tired, but if you switch you have maybe less damage or less knockback ... maybe have each pokemon maintain their damage counter, but maybe in a not-so-broken-sounding-way.

Also, to respond to what someone suggested above. Blaze/Torrent/Overgrow is not about the Pokemon absorbing moves of the same type, but about their type attacks getting stronger when their health is low. Given how this is Lucario's gimmick, for some reason, I doubt they'd incorporate their abilities in the game.
Also, I hope that type chart mechanics stay out of the game, it'd be annoying having Ivysaur be useless against the multitude of fire/explosion-type moves from Snake, Samus, Mario, Luigi, Link, Toon Link, Game and Watch, R.O.B., Bowser, Zelda, Captain Falcon, Ness, Lucas, Ike, Diddy Kong, Olimar, Fox, Falco, Charizard and now Mega Man.

Prediction
Reyn - 1.2%
Shulk's the one I see making it in. Don't see the demand as high for anyone else. And of course I'm assuming Reyn is from Xenoblade, because all things considered, I really have no clue.

Nominations
x5 Super Mario 3D World Stage

Last edited:

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Leon: 0%
He's probably the last character in line to be added for a series that arguably has too many reps already. Seriously, I can see Prince Tricky making it in over this guy.

No, scratch that. I can see Kecleon, the Chameleon Pokemon, making it in over him as a playable character.

He's not a smug, psycho ******* like Pigma, doesn't pilot a giant mechanical version of his uncle like Oikonny does, and he's not voiced by Tetsu Inada like Panther is. No. Why are people giving him such large numbers for chance/want?

Pokemon Trainer Pokemon without Trainer: 0.75%
This defeats the purpose of the character.

Want: 1%
Git gud.

Reyn prediction: 0.54%

Nominate:
Isabelle x5

Groose

Smash Champion
He's probably the last character in line to be added for a series that arguably has too many reps already. Seriously, I can see Prince Tricky making it in over this guy.
Prince. Tricky. Prince. Tricky. Oh... oh... oh... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!

I actually think Adventures is a pretty solid game, but seeing Tricky in Smash would still be a nightmare.

GROOOSSSEEEE!

If you haven't heard the news, there's rumours about two Dragon Quest games getting US releases (the names 'Luminaires of the Legendary Line' and 'The Seeds of Salvation' have both been registered by Square Enix in the US (and possibly other places, but we don't get that news so readily); both of these sound like Dragon Quest titles and no recent releases fit them). I think this is enough to start nominations for another slime Re-vote, but I'm quite aware I'm very biased when it comes to this matter...

Therefore I'm asking your advice; do you think these events would have a notable effect on the scores people would give for Slime? And do you think other players would be open to re-rating him again.

You suggest we should rerate Slime because two games in the series may be getting Western releases? Hmm. Well, let's take a look at what I said the last--nay, the last TWO Slime ratings.

I seem to have made it quite clear that Slime's Japanese popularity and iconic status are the two main points in his advantage If he were to get in, it would almost definitely be because of these two points. I think these two points are enough to warrant a 10% rating, though my fellow raters hold them at a lower esteem.

I fail to see how a rumored Western release affect Slime's chances. After all, getting a Western release hardly affects Japanese popularity--the main source of Slime's Smash potential. Additionally, Slime is already pretty iconic--and two games can hardly make someone with such a large history that much more notable.

You could argue that these games are being brought here because Square Enix anticipates a boost in Western interest in Dragon Quest popularity from some external source...such as its mascot being in Smash. Unfortunately, this is mere conjecture and it's certainly not enough for me to boost my 10% rating. Even absolute confirmation of two localized games would struggle to do that.

Evidence is everything in a court of law Rate Their Chances, and I personally just don't think this is a big enough piece of evidence to overturn my previous arguments.

I cannot speak for the other users of this thread, and I cannot say that he definitely does not deserve a rerate. I just don't see enough to warrant it in my eyes. I have absolutely no objections if you were to start nominating Slime again, however.

That sums up my thoughts on the matter, Your Honor.
Now, who will I nominate...
Ah, I've got it!
It's time for one of Miiverse's most wanted characters...
Shadow the Hedgehog X10!

Yes, I am that evil >:3

Leon Powalski: .5% chance
He's behind Krystal, Slippy, and possibly even Peppy in a series that not only is nowhere near guarenteed a necomer, but also has a solid chance of losing a veteran to cuts. Although he may be Wolf's partner, Falco's rival, and a staple of Star Wolf, I don't really see him getting in ahead of the remaining Star Fox crew.

Leon Powalski Want: 0%
I was never a big fan of the Great Leon. I'll go ahead and say that he's my least favorite Star Wolf member (outside of perhaps Panther). Wolf fulfilled the role of awesome rival, Pigma was just straight out twisted, and Andrew was the hilarious goon. Leon was just... kind of there. Even so, I do see him as a more logical choice than Panther and Andrew, easily.

Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon without the Trainer : 2.5%
This is something born in the realm of competitive play: the stamina gimmick is an issue among competitive players, but casuals don't notice it and the designers are proud of it. I really don't see them splitting up the Pokemon Trainer--I tried to go into inside Sakurai's mind, and I don't think he'd have a serious reason for splitting them up. At most, I see the two "lesser" Pokemon getting cut and a certain fire/flying type getting his own slot.

Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon without the Trainer: 0%
Better solution: remove stamina and remove forced switching. BAM! You've solved the issues that opponents cite, and you've kept the parts the proponents love! Besides, I wouldn't mind too much if PT were cut to free up some room for fresh blood--I don't see him as "necessary and genius" like many do.

Reyn Time: 0.53%
Shulk or bust. Shulk or bust. Shulk or bust.

Dixie x2
E. Gadd x3

I love nominating last. Maximum bang for my buck!

DAY OVER

...Day 150, here we come!

...REYN TIME

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Leon Powalski (Star Fox)
1.51% chance
21.79% want

Maybe you're not so great, after all. I mean, you just got a lower want score than friggin SLIPPY! And you barely beat Reggie in chance! Yes, this is really happening! You've been shot down, because I can!

Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon [Trainer not Included]
6.11% chance
26.48% chance

Although many say that it worked out very well in Project: M, few of the regulars here expect it or want it in Smash 4. Hmm. Well, we'll have to compare this to "Standalone Pokemon Trainer" when he gets his due... shouldn't be too long now.

Today, it's Reyn time baby! Will he tank in the ratings or will he engage the enemy? Please rate Reyn in chance and want! And when you're finished with him... we have to rate Rank 8 in chance... DIXIE KONG! Will Dixie Kong manage to hold onto her lofty chance score? Can she improve her rather mediocre want score? Please rate Dixie Kong in chance and want... for what may be the last time.

As a special Day 150 announcement, I can now confirm a change to the predictions system! From now on, you can predict both the Newcomer and the Additional Rate! In addition, @ Smasher 101 will take over verifying the prediction results, so please give him a hearty thanks. Please predict how Plasm Wraith will fare in tomorrow's game. Also, please predict how Lyn will fare in tomorrow's game. The nominations won for predicting Leon's score will be counted by Smasher today, and I will announce the results tomorrow. @ Smasher 101 Smasher 101 , you can either PM me the winners from now on, or you could post them here. Both would work!

In other Day 150 news, I think a certain Music Section manager may have a surprise for you later today... but don't be too upset if he doesn't, because he's overworked already. I would have (OK, probably wouldn't have) prepared something special had my power not taken a dive for the last couple of days; don't expect anything special from me today.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Reyn
0% Chance
Shulk baby. Xenoblade would only get Shulk. Its not Reyn Time...
30% Want
Its a Xenoblade Rep, so that is good, but its Reyn....

Dixie Kong
55% Chance
Dixie certainly has a lot of elements going for her for SSB4. One is her simplicity. Out of all the "likely" newcomers, she is easily the quickest to make. In Smash, a quick character is almost always thrown in, as seen by Ganondorf in Melee and Toon Link and arguably Wolf in Brawl. The Forbidden 7 also helps Dixie, as the planned Smash Characters before her (Bowser, Dedede, and Mewtwo for SSB64, Dedede for Melee) did get in. The final cherry on the top is MUH RECENCY. Dixie has the benefit of Tropical Freeze, and being at the center of attention far longer than fellow playable Kong, Cranky. However, competition is her biggest worry. While Cranky may be more of a dark horse, Dixie has the dubious honor of having to go toe to claw with one of the most requested characters worldwide; K Rool. K Rool is one of those characters that has fan demand behind him, a larger importance to the series, and far more moveset potential. However, the possibility of 4 DK Reps is a strong one, and I see Dixie as the obvious choice as the 4th rep, seeing as Cranky does not have the same level of fan demand and would be harder to make.
50% Want
I am not a fan of clone-y characters. Being in competition with K Rool hurts her as well. However, I do see potential for a good character, so if we do get 2 DK newcomers, I am golden. Getting ahead of K Rool, and the King will have to watch some heads role...

Plasm Wraith
1.11%
Ehh, don't see the appeal

Nominating Ridley x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Reyn

Chance - 0% - Not going to happen. Shulk will have to make it for him to even be considered. The main character must get in first.

Want - 15% - The gunblade makes for an awesome weapon, but that just makes him a better Assist Trophy.

Dixe Kong

Chance - 55% - My old rating seems reasonable enough. Tropical Freeze may have given her a boost, but I'm not convinced that she's anywhere near shoo-in levels, or even on K. Rool's level. I'd only expect her, really, as a last minute (semi-)clone, and not planed from the start.

Want - 41% - Mmm. A few points fewer, as I feel that I may have been a bit lenient on her score before.

Predictions

Plasm Wrath - 2.43% - Some random-ish number. To be honest, I'm interested in how this will turn out. Still, there seems to be a sigma for only captains for Pikmin.

Lyn - 11.25% - Maybe a mild drop? Nothing's different, but there seems to be a bit of pessimism.

Nominations
Nutty Noon Stage X5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
The person who's prediction was closest to Leon's actual score is none other than @ Groose Groose .

Reyn's chances: 0% - Not a chance.
Want: 0% - Not a care.

Dixie Kong: 75% - I see her and K. Rool about even again. I'm certain we'll get one of them and I'm a bit more confident in both possibly getting in.
Want: 100% - Large increase from my last rating. I think both her and K. Rool have earned a spot and I think DK has earned four characters.

Plasm Wrath prediction: 0.85%
Lyn prediction: 10.18%

Mii x5

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom