• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Amaterasu
Chance: 0% - The Okami franchise just isn't big enough to be considered.
Want: 70% - I would love to have one of the most beautiful games ever made represented in Smash.

Promoted Assist trophy
I'm going to rank them all based on how likely of a shot they have in my opinion.

27th Starfy - He started off as an early front runner, but now he's been decomfirmed. (poor guy) :(

26th Nintendog - Pretty much decomfirmed, there's little debate.

25th Helirin - It's a flying machine with no arms or legs. I have no idea how it would work.

24th Andross - Best case scenario, he could be a boss. I have no idea how he could be playable.

23rd Metroid - A generic enemy that doesn't have the body to be playable.

22nd Infantry and Tanks - They are generic allies. If we are to get an Advance Wars rep, then it should be an important character like Andy.

21st Lakitu - With so many great Mario characters to choose from, a generic enemy has no chance.

20th Hammer Bro - See Lakitu.

19th Knuckle Joe - Another generic enemy. He was given a minor supporting role in the Anime, but that won't be enough to save him.

18th Gray Fox - We don't even know if the Metal Gear franchise is returning for SSB4, let alone if it should somehow get a second rep.

17th Dr. Wright - SimCity is owned by Maxis, Dr. Wright is owned by Nintendo. He made his debut on a SimCity game that was published by Nintendo. Even though he is technically first-party it's still be a huge stretch for him to be playable.

16th Devil - A weird villain from an obscure Japan-only NES title.......NEXT!

15th Barbara - A supporting character from a game that no one has heard of.......NEXT!

14th Jeff - We all agree that Earthbound will not likely get three reps. Even if it does Jeff will still have Porky Minch and Masked Man to deal with.

13th Kat and Ana: They need to get in line behind Mona, Jimmy T, and 9-Volt.

12th Mr. Resetti - Even though Animal Crossing is definatley big enough to get two playable characters, Mr. Resetti is a character that nobody likes.

11th Lyn - She has almost no chance of getting in over an Awakening rep.

10th Jill - She's the main character from a very obscure game. She may not be impossible but she's still highly unlikely.

9th Shadow - I don't think it's very likely that a third-party franchises will get two characters. If in the unlikely event that Sakurai decides he can do that, then Shadow will be one of the most likely picks.

8th Excitebikes - They could make for an obscure retro character like the Ice Climbers.

7th Samurai Goroh: The last F-Zero game was released nearly a decade ago, and there are so many possible Sword users that could be playable. He's still the most likely F-Zero newcomer regardless.

6th Tingle: Despite being seemingly kicked out of Zelda, Tingle has developed both a small cult following and his own series of games. It probably won't be enough for him to be playable, but we never know for sure.

5th Waluigi - Even though Rosalina's reveal dealt a heavy blow to his chances, the Mario franchise can still have six characters. I believe that there is still a window of opportunity for Waluigi.

4th Saki - Even though both Sin & Punishment games had disappointing sales, they were warmly received by both critics and gamers. Both Saki and Isa could bring a lot to SSB

3rd Ray MK III - He probably has the biggest potential of all Assist Trophies in terms of moveset. His major flaw is that he hails from what could arguably be considered Nintendo's worst ongoing franchise of all time.

2nd Isaac - One of the most popular picks for a newcomer, Isaac truly deserves to be playable.

1st Little Mac - The front runner. Punch Out was a very popular Retro series that got a reboot on the Wii. Everyone seems to love him, and he already appears to have a stage.

Overall Chance of promoted AT: 90% - That list took me over an hour to plan and write. Most AT's have no chance but with Isaac, Little Mac, and other characters near the top I'd be very surprised if we didn't get at least one playable.

Want: 100% - Who wouldn't want this?

Leon prediction: 1.3

Nominations. Improved Stage Builder x5

Last edited:

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Amaterasu

3rd party from a company we already have, and shes not pulling legendary status like Megaman. That being said, She would fit in nicely, but there are many others who would be better, even from Capcom

Chance: 0.01%
Want: 25%

Promoted Assist Trophies

When you think about assist trophies, they are almost full fledged characters. I mean, the models Are made already, all that needed to be made was a moveset, which some had several moves at their disposal. Also, look at the characters that were chosen: Little Mac, Waluigi, Isaac, Ray, Samurai Goroh, Saki, the list goes on. These characters are all viable choices as characters.
I have a theory that a good chunk of the ATs were all considered as playable characters, but didnt make it past the planning stage. Of course this cant be confirmed, but looking at some of the ATs in brawl makes me believe that some, not all, were on the table at some point. Taking them all together, I would be shocked if at least one of them didnt make it in. Considering Little Mac is in that group, it has all the chance and want I could offer.

Chance: 99.9%
Want: 100%

Leon: pi (3.14%)

Noms:
Juno (Jet Force Gemini) x1
Pokemon Trainer x4

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Amaterasu Likelihood: 0%
Want: 15%

Promoted Assist Trophy Likelihood: 85%
Want: 80%

Leon: .85%

Rhythm Heaven stage x5

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Ameterasu:

Chance: 0%
Arthur or Monster Hunter come first, even for stages and ATs.

Want: 40%
Which is a shame, because Ammy is awesome, and the Okami music is fantastic. That said I'd prefer GnG for the classic feel, and any other Capcom playable would be a kick in the teeth for all the 1st parties I want.

Little Mac+:

Chance: 95.45%
Math. I simply looked at the results for all the former ATs down to Waluigi, skipping Goroh because I think Black Shadow has the priority for F-Zero newcomer. Multiplications later and we get this high chance.

Isaac, Saki, Little Mac and even Waluigi would all be great characters.

Leon: 0.56%
Meh.

Hero of Light*5
(We're nearly at Black Mage, I'm kind of worried how he'll fair against Slime...)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Amaterasu Chance - 1%

Though Okami was very well received, it's not exactly well known either. Amaterasu is far from being a "legendary" video game character, and Capcom already has a character in Smash 4 as well: Mega Man.

At least, unlike Ryu, Ammy isn't a fighting game character.

Want - 80%

I haven't played Okami, (wish I have...) but from what I've heard and seen, it's a fantastic game, and I think she could potentially introduce an interesting new playstyle into Smash. Also, I like wolves a lot. I greatly enjoy playing as Wolf Link in Twilight Princess too.

Promoted Assist Trophy Chance - 97%

Mostly because of Little Mac, who I see as being one of the most likely newcomers at this point. Isaac also has a decent shot to get promoted. Waluigi has a slim chance too I suppose.

Want - 100%

I honestly want to see all of the above Assist Trophies I mentioned to be playable, though a few other Brawl Assist Trophy characters could be interesting as well.

Leon Prediction - 0.58%

Playable Master Hand x5.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Amaterasu: 0%
Capcom already has a character in Smash, and is unlikely to receive another one. Sakurai also has rather strict criteria about 3rd parties, so I don't see him (her?) getting in.

Want: 50%
I've only heard good things about the game, so I'm neutral.

Promoted Assist Trophy: 99.9%
A good number of assist trophies from Brawl are playable candidates this time around. Little Mac, Isaac, Waluigi, Saki, Tingle, etc. I find is highly doubtful that none of them would become playable characters.

All of my yes!

Foolish bird! I'm the great Leon! NOT: 0.2%

Also, I goofed and forgot to change the title. I'm on a phone right now, so please request some other mod to edit the title.

Groose

Smash Champion
Also, I goofed and forgot to change the title. I'm on a phone right now, so please request some other mod to edit the title.
I'm not a mod, but I think I can take care of that for you.

12th Mr. Resetti - Even though Animal Crossing is definatley big enough to get two playable characters, Mr. Resetti is a character that nobody likes.

Why listen here, you brat! I'm quite a popular guy! Why do you think people call me Mr. Resetti? That's because people respect me, you see! Now, people just refer to that raccoon as "Tom Nook," but they actually respect me enough to give me an honorary title, see here? And recently some mayor dude just started a Public Works Project to save the Reset Surveillance Center! Everyone chipped in their hard earned cash just to see me! People like me! I'm a friendly mole, as long as you're not resetting!

I don't know why you'd say everyone dislikes me! I think you have some kind of inferiority complex! Why, I know a pretty good counselor for someone like that! Next time I see you, I'll hand you his number. Are we good? Yeah.

One last thing. Brush your teeth after meals... Your breath reeks.

Now, SCRAM!

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Amaterasu
0% Chance
Its sad to see this happen. Perhaps in alternate universe where Okami was the NES classic and Megaman was the obscure Capcom character put in MVC3, we would all be saying (or have already seen) Amaterasu for SSB4. However, this is not that universe, so Amaterasu strikes out. She is out prioritized even as a second Capcom character to Ryu (Shudders) , and Leon/Jill from Resident Evil.
100% Want
Which is a damn shame, seeing as her game is so damn good. I have to say it perfects the Zelda formula and elevates it to a new level with great storytelling, beautiful visuals, and the celestial brush and three weapon types giving combat many options. With HUGE moveset potential, its a shame she might never appear in Smash. Also, she is a wolf. I like wolves.

Promoted AT
99.99% Chance
Several characters have great shots at this, most notably Tingle, Saki, Isaac, Little Mac, Ray, Waluigi, and Goroh. Combined together, it seems inevitable.
100% Want
I wish ATs were more like Helipad, Hammer Bro, or Andross than everyone listed above. Seeing them playable would be great.

Leon prediction .75%
Why?

Nominating Ridley x5
The thread is big enough for another rerate XD.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Amaterasu 0%
Want: 0%

Promoted Assist Trophy: 90%
Little Mac, Isaac, Goroh, and Waluigi
Mainly for Isaac though.

5x Kiddy Kong

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Ammy: 0%
Promoted AT: 99% Two words: Little Mac
Want: 80% Depends on who it is really.
Leon: .45%
Lyn x 5

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Ammy Chances: 0%. A second Mega Man probably get in before Ammy, and a second Capcom character is pretty unlikely anyways.
Want: 0%. Brah.
Promoted AT Chances: 85%. Mostly because of Mac does this get a high rating (Isaac, Goroh, and Tingle help, though). This would be a 90% if Starfy wasn't shot down.
Want: 100%. God I want a playable Isaac.
Leon: 0%. Slippy didn't do well, neither will Leon.
Chef Kawasaki X5

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Amaratsu chance: 0.45%
Ameratsu want: 50%
Promoted AT Chance: 99% Little Mac just lifted those chances very high.
Promoted AT Want: 75%
Leon prediction: 0.63%
Nominations:
Alph, Brittany, Charlie Trio

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Amaratsu:
No, this isn't happening. What puts Amaratsu above any of the dozens of other Capcom mascots exactly? Ryu may be from a fighting game, but as far as legendary status goes he's got this wolf beat.

3rd party, not of legendary status, second Capcom character, already have a "Wolf" and a "Fox", Amaratsu doesn't offer anything we can't get from NINTENDO characters; art based attacks? Bowser Jr. Quadraped Wolf? Wolf Link and Midna are better choices for this Nintendo All Stars game.

Promoted AT:
Chance: 50%
Yeah, I don't actually see this as clear cut as many here. On the one hand; Toad and Starfy. On the other; Charizard and Giga Bowser. NPC's that affect the gameplay in some way more often than not retain that role. Starfy, someone who you'd think would have great chances as a popular unrepped Nintendo franchise crashed and burned and is the only AT we've seen again thus far.

Little Mac makes the most sense, with Isaac in a close second, but I can honestly see it going either way.

As a Toad, Meowth and Goroh fan, I honestly hate the BS "once an NPC ALWAYS an NPC" thing, so I want this idea to finally burn and die. Toad, Meowth, Goroh, Ridley, Ray, Isaac, Starfy and (of course) Little Mac all deserve better.

Leon prediction: 2%
I miss big scores.

Nominations:
5 X Playable Bosses.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Short Rating Today

Ammy
Chances: .01 if the rule of 3rd Party Slots is broken.
Want: 80%

Promoted AT
Chances: 75%- Others have stated my reasons.

EDIT: I UNDERSTAND WHAT THIS MEANS NOW

CHANCES: 97%-LITTLE MAC, ISSAC, ETC
WANT: 100%

Leon- NO NOT MORE STAR FOX
.4%

Nominating Ridley X5 because I want big ratings again.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
AMATERASU:

Yeah, no. She's not legendary enough, and Capcom's already got Mega Man.

Want: 75%
Could be really cool I suppose. Don't know TOO much about the game.

PROMOTED AT:

Chance: 95%
Little Mac. That's all I have to say.

If Mac isn't playable then I'm going to be all sorts of angry.

Leon Prediction: 1.2%
Eh.

Noms: King K. Rool x5
Taking a break from Super Mario 3D World to counter @ Chandeelure Chandeelure 's Dixie.
Help me out guys.

Last edited:

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
AMATERASU

CHANCE: 0%
Not happening over other third parties and other Capcom characters and Capcoms got Mega Man.

WANT: 72%
Would be cool but I don't know anything about the game :p

PROMOTED ASSIST TROPHY

CHANCE: 99.9%
Little Mac is like the only shoo-in. I find Isaac and Samurai Goroh likely too.

WANT: 100%
Little Mac is awesome. AND YES TO SAMURAI GOROH AND WALUIGI!

LEON PREDICTION: 14%
Honestly I am just hoping people like him and Slippy better than every other StarFox character.

NOMINATIONS
Pichu x5

Last edited:

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
AMATERASU

Chance: .6% - She is a Capcom character.

Want: 60% - She could be fun if done creatively.

PROMOTED ASSIST TROPHY

Chance: 70% - Very good, I'd say.

Want: 95% - I want Isaac, so yes. A playable Ray also intrigues me.

Leon Prediction: .23% - There is only room for one Star Fox Rival.

Nominations:
Chef Kawasaki x5

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Ammy 1%
Want 75%

Promoted assist trophy: 90% with Isaac and Lil Mac
Want: 90% Because Issac

Leon: 0.2%

Nominations
Stork x10000000000000000 (actually x5)

Groose this makes me love ya even more

(it remids me of the following:
)

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
OOO-KAMI!
Chances: 0.2% - Oh man, she's so toast! It'd be a miracle if she made it in.
Want: 97% - OKAMI IS ****ING AMAZING GO PLAY IT IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY HNNNNGGGGG.

Assist Trophies that receive a PRRRRRR-OMOTION!
Chances: 50% - It can go either way. Either characters like Little Mac and Isaac receive an ascension and become playable, or become forever trapped as assists. It's one way or another. Starfy is living proof of this.
Want: 95% - Some characters I want for this game are already Assists in Brawl. Little Mac, Isaac, Ray, Saki, and if possible, Waluigi.

He's the great Leon!
Prediction: 0.4% - He's doomed.

Nominations!

... I dunno!

Eh, have we already voted for a Bowser Castle stage?

If not, I'll give it five noms.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Amaterasu - 0.01
no chance, get over it
want - 65%
okami is a great game, would be a bit of a kick in the face if she got in, but i'll still like it
Promoted assist trophies - 90%
many strong contenders are already assist trophies, and seeing how melee had a promotion before (Charizard got playable) I can see a great chance of this happening
want - 70%
some of them are great, so sure why not
Great Leon - 2.15%
just random guessing
Nominations
(inset wolf quote here later) X5

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Wolf's cousin from Capcom: 0.001 chance; MegaMan's all Capcom's getting.

Assist Promotions: I dunno, 50%? Could go either way.

Leon: 1.15% A guess.

Noms: Sora x3
Alexandra Roivas x2

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Amaterasu: 0.2%

Playable Assist Trophy: 93.96% Out of all of them at least one should get to be playable

Leon: 1.01%

x10 Cookie Country

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Amaterasu
Chance - 0%
Want - 0%
Don't get me wrong, I love Okami. But she has nothing to do with this game. If you want to play as her, I suggest Mega Super Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Ultimate Edition XD or whatever it's called. When it comes to Smash, we got Mega Man so anything else Capcom can kindly stay away.

Playable Assist Trophy:
Chance 95%
That there is pretty much all Little Mac.

Want 100%
Again, this rating might as well be Little Mac's

Prediction
Leon - 2.1%
I'm guessing it's the Star Fox one and not the Resident Evil one. Eh, who cares, they're both doomed.

Nominations
x5 Super Mario 3D World Stage x5

Groose

Smash Champion
OKAY, It took me a few hours but it's ready.

THE TOP 10 OF CHANCE

THE TOP 10 OF WANT
Obviously this picture is going on the OP... with or without your permission, because it's that epic. One tiny, insignificant complaint, however... Banjo is actually Rank 5 in want... but because he's so freaking low in chance, we might as well just forget about him here.

Brawler610 said:
If you couldn't tell from my Okami post with a ton of music, I am a huge fan of Okami. I have a story that I wanna share in regards to Okami.
I forgot how long ago, but I saw Chuggaaconroy's LP of Okami and I was immediately interested in it. However, I didn't really think about getting the game for a very long time. In 2011, a friend of mine recommended that I should get Okami since it's like a Zelda game and he convinced me to get Okami; I got it for Christmas and it was a game that I instantly fell in love with.
I'll admit, the combat with the Wii Remote could have been improved; Glaives are hard to use with the Wii's motion control. As I got deeper into the game, I began to love everything about this game. I loved the story, graphics, art direction, music, dialogue, and extremely rememberable characters. I kept on thinking about how awesome it would be if Amaterasu and Link fought with each other or helped each other.
I then got the sequel, Okamiden for the DS, and I enjoyed that game too. I liked the original more, but Okamiden was still a fantastic game.
Both the original and the sequel are extremely immersive with their environments with the brush powers. I loved how each brush power helped you out in every dungeon; something that Zelda doesn't seem to do with its items.
So, how does this tie into Smash? Well, I read SSB4's Wikipedia page and saw that Sakurai was thinking about putting in a Capcom character. Since Capcom was treating Mega Man like dirt, I thought that he wouldn't let Sakurai put Mega Man in Smash and I began to have hope for Amaterasu. Then Mega Man got confirmed and while I lost hope for Amaterasu, I began to accept it as Mega Man looks like a fantastic and fun character.
Do I think that Amaterasu will get in Smash? Hell no. Would I love it if She did? YES! There is so much moveset potential with Amaterasu with Her brush powers and weapons that She could use. She would definitely be a character that I would main in a heartbeat.
I love reading stories like these. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy for some reason.

Editted to reflect rules properly, I'm an idiot for forgetting want.
:)
You don't have to give a want score. That's optional.

Amaterasu
Chance: 0% - The Okami franchise just isn't big enough to be considered.
Want: 70% - I would love to have one of the most beautiful games ever made represented in Smash.

Promoted Assist trophy
I'm going to rank them all based on how likely of a shot they have in my opinion.

27th Starfy - He started off as an early front runner, but now he's been decomfirmed. (poor guy) :(

26th Nintendog - Pretty much decomfirmed, there's little debate.

25th Helirin - It's a flying machine with no arms or legs. I have no idea how it would work.

24th Andross - Best case scenario, he could be a boss. I have no idea how he could be playable.

23rd Metroid - A generic enemy that doesn't have the body to be playable.

22nd Infantry and Tanks - They are generic allies. If we are to get an Advance Wars rep, then it should be an important character like Andy.

21st Lakitu - With so many great Mario characters to choose from, a generic enemy has no chance.

20th Hammer Bro - See Lakitu.

19th Knuckle Joe - Another generic enemy. He was given a minor supporting role in the Anime, but that won't be enough to save him.

18th Gray Fox - We don't even know if the Metal Gear franchise is returning for SSB4, let alone if it should somehow get a second rep.

17th Dr. Wright - SimCity is owned by Maxis, Dr. Wright is owned by Nintendo. He made his debut on a SimCity game that was published by Nintendo. Even though he is technically first-party it's still be a huge stretch for him to be playable.

16th Devil - A weird villain from an obscure Japan-only NES title.......NEXT!

15th Barbara - A supporting character from a game that no one has heard of.......NEXT!

14th Jeff - We all agree that Earthbound will not likely get three reps. Even if it does Jeff will still have Porky Minch and Masked Man to deal with.

13th Kat and Ana: They need to get in line behind Mona, Jimmy T, and 9-Volt.

11th Lyn - She has almost no chance of getting in over an Awakening rep.

10th Jill - She's the main character from a very obscure game. She may not be impossible but she's still highly unlikely.

9th Shadow - I don't think it's very likely that a third-party franchises will get two characters. If in the unlikely event that Sakurai decides he can do that, then Shadow will be one of the most likely picks.

8th Excitebikes - They could make for an obscure retro character like the Ice Climbers.

7th Samurai Goroh: The last F-Zero game was released nearly a decade ago, and there are so many possible Sword users that could be playable. He's still the most likely F-Zero newcomer regardless.

6th Tingle: Despite being seemingly kicked out of Zelda, Tingle has developed both a small cult following and his own series of games. It probably won't be enough for him to be playable, but we never know for sure.

5th Waluigi - Even though Rosalina's reveal dealt a heavy blow to his chances, the Mario franchise can still have six characters. I believe that there is still a window of opportunity for Waluigi.

4th Saki - Even though both Sin & Punishment games had disappointing sales, they were warmly received by both critics and gamers. Both Saki and Isa could bring a lot to SSB

3rd Ray MK III - He probably has the biggest potential of all Assist Trophies in terms of moveset. His major flaw is that he hails from what could arguably be considered Nintendo's worst ongoing franchise of all time.

2nd Isaac - One of the most popular picks for a newcomer, Isaac truly deserves to be playable.

1st Little Mac - The front runner. Punch Out was a very popular Retro series that got a reboot on the Wii. Everyone seems to love him, and he already appears to have a stage.

Overall Chance of promoted AT: 90% - That list took me over an hour to plan and write. Most AT's have no chance but with Isaac, Little Mac, and other characters near the top I'd be very surprised if we didn't get at least one playable.

Want: 100% - Who wouldn't want this?

Leon prediction: 1.3

Nominations. Improved Stage Builder x5
I know I was poking fun at it a bit earlier, but this is actually an extremely well-thought out post, and I thank you for taking the time to make it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Actually, I overlooked Banjo-Kazooie, because they were so low on the list and were surrounded by low want characters. I'll fix the picture soon.

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Amaterasu: 1.25%
Capcom

Want: 60%
Okami is pretty cool.

Playable AT: 90%
Well, we're seeing new ATs, which suggests that old ones will PROBABLY get promoted.

Want: 95%

Leon prediction: 0.61%

Nominate:
Shantae x5

Groose

Smash Champion
-Nomination:Dixie Kong X5
C'mon! This needs to be before the Direct (If the Direct is after Diddy's reveal) and a possible DK newcomer!
I agree with you here... so I'll be lending my assistance. Besides, I think I've somewhat written her off in the past... I've succumbed to my own bias. No more... she deserves a fair rating!
Leon: pi (3.14%)
...15926535... and I forget the rest. And I used to have eighteen digits memorized, too!

Hey groose, what games do you have on your 3DS?
Kid Icarus, Mario Kart 7, Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies, Pokemon X, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, Layton and the Miracle Mask, Ocarina of Time 3D, Mario 3D World, and Star Fox 64.

I'm looking forward to Smash, Layton 6, and Layton vs Ace Attorney more than anything else. Awakening, Twin Snakes, and Dream Team are tops on the list of games I need to get that are already out.

Actually, I overlooked Banjo-Kazooie, because they were so low on the list and were surrounded by low want characters. I'll fix the picture soon.
Nah, you don't have to do so. If you do, however, I will edit it into the OP.

Uhh... @ Groose Groose ...
The noms are gone.
Ooops.

Yeah, that's because I'm updating them right now.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Okami

As others have said, Okami is 3rd party, it isn't that big of a franchise, it debuted on the PS2 and Capcom's already got a rep.

She'd be a pretty good choice for a 2nd Capcom rep, since she'd fit in well with the cast, but it's quite doubtful that they'd even get to considering a 2nd Capcom rep.

Okami chances: 0.01%

Okami want: 60%
I really liked Okami. She seems less deserving as far as Nintendo-cred though.

Promoted AT

There are a number of them, with several being plausible candidates (Little Mac, Isaac, Waluigi, Saki, Tingle, Goroh, Lyn, Ray, Barbara, Jill). Of those, a few are not just plausible but ones with decent chances, with Little Mac and Isaac seeming the most likely. I think that the boxing ring doesn't mean quite as much as we were thinking before, but if he is in, it's definitely the Punch-Out!! stage. All in all, this gives good chances to at least one of them being in.

Promoted AT chances: 90%

Promoted AT want: 75%
I like Isaac, I wouldn't mind Little Mac or Waluigi or Tingle... It would be cool if at least one made it.

On a more negative note, keeping in mind that we have ATs as another option, it does feel like a lot of the more obscure/minor characters (e.g. characters like Muddy Mole or Prince Sable) are much much more likely as ATs than playable. I just think people should keep that in mind. For a lot of them it seems like an Assist Trophy would be more appropriate. Most people haven't heard of them, they won't help sell the game and they have plenty of interesting options that are known and popular for playables.

Leon prediction: 1%
How did Harry get over 1%? Seriously.

Nominations:
Zelda newcomer x5

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Oh, damn. I missed Harry's day in RYC. I hate my schedule.

That said, despite this being Amaterasu's day, I'd like to say something about Harry anyway. This is directed at Mr. @ FalKoopa FalKoopa !

You said Nintendo tries to swipe anything VB-related under the rug, but why is the Virtual Boy an obtainable item in Animal Crossing; New Leaf!

OBJECTION!

Why is the Virtual Boy Mentioned in Brawl?

DOUBLE OBJECTION!

Groose

Smash Champion
On a more negative note, keeping in mind that we have ATs as another option, it does feel like a lot of the more obscure/minor characters (e.g. characters like Muddy Mole or Prince Sable) are much much more likely as ATs than playable. I just think people should keep that in mind. For a lot of them it seems like an Assist Trophy would be more appropriate. Most people haven't heard of them, they won't help sell the game and they have plenty of interesting options that are known and popular for playables.
Quite right. I'd give the vast majority of characters we've rated so far a higher chance of being an assist than being playable. Even so, as I cannot rule out their chance of being playable, I have to give them some credit.

Groose, you wanna play AC later tonight?
Not tonight, sorry. I'm probably better on something like Friday or Saturday evenings for stuff like that.

the biggest problem with these boards
Actually, I'd make a horrible mod. For multiple reasons. I appreciate what guys like Falkoopa, MarioandSonicGuy, and Venus do, and I know I'd never be able to handle all of the stuff they have to take care of.

Amaterasu Chance: 1%
I don't really see it happening. She isn't exactly legendary enough. Still, she has enough of a cult following to warrant a 1% rating, in my eyes.

Amaterasu Want: 25%
I heard people compare compare Okami to Zelda. Never had the chance to play one of them, but I'd be pretty interested. As far as appearing in Smash... there are bigger fish, but I wouldn't be displeased.

Promoted Assist Trophy: 90%
I'd give Little Mac about a 70% chance on his own, so that's a pretty strong base to work off of here. Factor in Isaac, Tingle, Samurai Goroh, Saki, Ray, and Waluigi... and man, you have a pretty massive chance there. I don't want to say it's 100% because the game can only have so many newcomers and they're leaning more towards more "fresh, modern" type characters than the members of this old guard, but I'd still be surprised not to see a promoted Assist Trophy.

Promoted AT Want: 90%
Sure, why not? There are a bunch of cool characters to offer here, and I think one of them deserves to make it. Still, can't give a 100% because I may be stuck with one of the ones I don't like quite as much.

Leon Prediction: 1.43%
Yeah, not seeing much optimism here.

Dixie Kong x5
Gotta get this done before Thursday!

DAY OVER

RETURN OF GROOSE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom