• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Yarne and Owain
0% in all

Saki

Chances - 7%
WOOOWWW, I can't believe how insanely overrated he was by almost everyone here. I can't believe I actually complained about him being overrated and gave him a 27%. LAWD. Well no more ... I'm lowering his score considerably. Something just makes me see him as less likely than everyone thought. By far.

Want - 40%
This also took a hit. I still think the character concept is cool, but now I feel like he's not as unique/interesting as I did before. Either that, or after rating so many characters I begin to realize which ones I clearly want, and Saki hasn't fallen into that category. In fact, he's fallen into the ones I'd think would be a waste of a spot relative to other, more desired characters.

Predictions
Chance - 4.6%
Don't know what to expect

Nominations
General Super Mario 3D World stage, aka the thing Louie G. is also nominating x5

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Yarne & Owain Tag Team and Saki have been added to the Directory.
If you have rated Saki before, check to see what you said for his score!

Yarne & Owain Tag Team
Chance:
0%

LOL
Want: 100%
Only to drink the delicious tears of Fire Emblem fans!

I mean

The artwork is similar… (yeah, I brought this up before; sue me)

Saki
Chance:
15%

Let's see what score I gave him before…
47%?! Really?!
I stand by my statement saying that he is one of the more likelier Assist Trophies to be turned into a playable character, along with Little Mac and Isaac. However, he doesn't deserve that high of a score.
Yes, he does have some popularity and Sakurai has mentioned that Saki fits in with the rest of the cast, but I can't see him get almost half a chance of getting in. Sin & Punishment got an OK sequel on the Wii and he would definitely be the character to represent the series. However… there has been a ton of inactivity with the series that I can't see it get represented with a character. Also, Saki isn't a highly demanded character. Popular yes, but he isn't demanded like Little Mac, King K. Rool, or Shulk are.
Saki is not in direct competition with anyone. People say he has to go against Isaac and Shulk, but he isn't comparable to those two. He has blonde hair and uses a sword, but other than that… there is nothing that screams competition. Saki comes from a rail shooter while Isaac and Shulk come from RPGs. Saki would be using his sword to shoot projectiles and use it for combat; Isaac has magic and could use his sword; Shulk has various Monado Arts that he could use. To me, they would have different moves.
I think that Saki could easily be given a moveset though. If Sakurai wants to take pages from Kid Icarus: Uprising, he could base Saki's moves from the Blade attacks in that game.
It really just comes down to his franchise's inactivity that makes me think that he won't get in this game. I'm surprised that he has been given such a high overall chance score.
Want: 80%
Moveset potential. He would be an interesting character.

Slippy Prediction: 10.93%
He will probably get passed 10%. Am I overconfident or something?

Nominations: Shulk & Dunban: Partners in Reyn Time 5x

I'm fine with 99.99% for want, but please be realistic and give this tag team a much, much, much, much, much lower chance score. That will definitely skew the ratings where we will not get an accurate overall chance score. You know that they don't have that high of a chance. I say this and yet I bet this won't even be counted.
Ok.
Then I give them a 75% chance.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Yarne and Owain
Chance: 0% - These guys wrote the book on how NOT to be playable in Smash.
Want: 0% - There not welcome here.

Saki
Chance: 9% - He is one of the most overrated characters on this board, I do not think he will likely get in ahead of Isa. Star Successor was the only game in the Sin and Punishment series to get an international release, and it's also considered a far better game than Successor of the Earth.
Want: 57% - I would love to see S & P get a character rep.

Slippy prediction: 1.4%

Nominations: Gyromite stage x5

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
For Saki 100% want.
35% chance of him getting in

Edit
Nominations
Lara Croft X1
Will (advance wars) X2

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The ball is back in your court, Herr Toad.

I seriously hope you don't think that you can beat me... on my own thread, no less!

But if you dare... why don't you try again?

If I were you Toad, I would accept his challenge. :p

If we were rating Luigi, then I would make a longer post than this by tenfold. However… that will never happen… not even in the next RTC for Smash 5.

Ok.
Then I give them a 75% chance.
*facepalm*
Never mind...

D

Deleted member

Ok, I'll be serious.

0.1% in likeliness

But I'm keeping 99.99% in want.
Alright. Sorry if I acted a bit rude.

Oh, and I was being dead serious with my 100% want. The idea is so stupid and so impossible that I can't help but want it.

RankoChan

Smash Apprentice
Owain/Yarne Tag Team -
Chance: 0%
Want: 0%
WHY??? :facepalm:

Saki:
Chance: 20%
Want: 25%
I really enjoyed both Sin & Punishment games but I don't really see the series getting a playable character.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Nightmare (Soulcalibur)
0.29% chance
8.58% want

Wait. What. Nightmare just tied Ryu in chance... although he fell to the Street Fighter by roughly a percent and a half in want. Even though his scores are still abysmal, that should be a source of pride.

Palutena (Kid Icarus)
81.66% chance DAY 97: (70.69%); DAY 2: (76.35%)
75.07% want DAY 97: (74.37%); DAY 2: (77.22%)

Palutena's scores dropped in her first rerate, but, thanks to a certain leak, they've risen up once more; her chance score is at the highest it's ever been, and her want score is back to the 75% margin. Looks like all is well in Skyworld.

Today.... oh dear. We're rating a Yarne and Owain Tag Team. Yarne and Owain are two minor characters in Fire Emblem Awakening, and both of them failed to earn even 1% rated individually. Oh, and there isn't a real reason to put them together--they have no special link, like Chrom and Lucina do. For those of you who aren't very well versed in Fire Emblem, I'll toss out a comparison: this is tantamount to having a Feebas and Carnivine team, or perhaps a Thwomp and Dry Bones team. What I'm trying to say is that there is absolutely no chance of it happening, so you should have a 0% in chance. Not 5%, 1%, or even .01%. 0%.It's less likely than Banjo, Cole, and Scrooge combined. Yeah. Anyway, please rate Yarne and Owain Team in chance and want today or just rate the want because they have no chance. none. Just so we have something interesting to do, we are also rating Saki of Sin and Punishment. Saki currently has a 39% chance and is Rank 11 on the chance charts. Will Saki rise into the top ten? Or will he fall further from his goal? Please rate Saki in chance and want today.

Tomorrow... uh-oh. I hope we have a Fox nearby because we have a certain Slippy Toad coming to the game. Please predict how Slippy will do in tomorrow's round. Personally, I'm sensing he'll be having some trouble here. Today's noms belong to @McDuckletts.
I like Nightmare though. He's pretty badass. Just listen to his voice. It's a little better than most early 2000's voice work in games at the time. Defintely better than most of the cast in SC2. Or watch what he can do. I don't know, he just one of my favorite fighting game characters.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Yarne/Owain: 0%

Saki: 8% He's just not as important as people make him out to be. He was in 1 game that sold very low and the next game changed protagonist to Isa.
Want: 50% I'm indifferent.

Slippy: 5%

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Yarne & Owain: 0%

Saki: 17%
Want: 25%

Slippy Toad: 4.32% "HELP MEEEEE"

x5 Leon

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Yarne and Owain - 0%
Oh c'mon, they don't even have a support relationship in Awakening despite each of them having supports with about a dozen other characters. Why in the world would they ever be paired up for Smash if Fire Emblem itself doesn't do it, never mind the huge uphill climb either character would have to reach Smash individually?
Want - 100% - Normally this is the kind of thing I'd instant 0% because of how pointless it is. This is the exception. I love both of these characters, and having them appear as a team-up would be the most bizarre, wonderful surprise Sakurai could possibly dream up. Do I want Sakurai to actually do it? No, not really. Would I like having them there in the bizarre alternate reality where this could happen? How could I not?

Saki - 20%
So apparently I rated him at 40% last time around, which isn't really wrong per se, but after reconsidering Isaac and Shulk in particular, I do think it was perhaps a bit overly generous. Among the more niche franchises out there, Saki's got unusually good credentials: he was an assist trophy in Brawl, S&P received a sequel just a few years ago, his unique moveset potential is extremely high, and, perhaps most importantly, Sakurai is known to be a S&P fan. So why lower his rating from what I gave before? It's less that he lacks a good argument for inclusion as it is that I've reevaluated how much that actually helps him. S&P is still very much a niche franchise, and S&P 2 didn't sell well. Sure, he has some key factors in his favor, but how many fans could really be clamoring for his inclusion? Saki is the kind of character that could easily happen if Sakurai's playing favorites, and he's certainly among the more viable Brawl ATs for being upgraded to playable, but he's going to need help both to make it into the roster discussion and to actually survive to the final cut. Will easily return as an AT if luck isn't in his favor.
Want - 60% - Never played S&P, but based on his AT, he sure looks like he could be a cool character.

Slippy Prediction - 2.2%
I have no idea.

Nominations
Young Link x5

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Tom and Jerry Likelihood: 0%

Saki Likelihood: 15%
Want: 50%

Slippy: 4.55%

Rhythm Heaven stage x5

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Owain and Yarne

Chances: 1%: They are owned by Nintendo, so that's something. Other than that, I don't think secondary characters like them would get in.

Want: 8%: I'm not too interested. Though them being a tag team gives them an extra 5% for me. Maybe it has to due with me not playing any Fire Emblem.

Saki

Chances: 55%: Sakurai has taken interest in this dude before, so I guess it's possible. Though I don't see him as the first potential Assist Trophy character who could be made playable.

Want: 70%: Not much to say. I just think the character could offer a cool fighting style. He even has a freaking laser sword that turns into a gun, that's pretty f#@king cool. Not to mention, he's also quite acrobatic, so that could be incorporated into his moves too.

Slippy prediction: 5%

Nominations Dark Samus x3, Bowser Jr x2

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Yarne & Owain

Chance & Want: 0%
I don't think I need to explain.

Saki

I don't know why I rated him so high before. He has some things going for him, namely, he'd be relatively easy to design. But he's not from a popular series, he's not from an up-and-coming series. And while he's not a bad choice, I don't see him filling a niche that's not already in the roster. Rosalina and Mega Man do things differently from most of the other characters. Rosalina is a puppeteer and Mega Man has few non-projectile attacks. Saki has some similarities to Fox and other quick characters with projectiles. He obviously would be different, but he would still be a run-and-gun type character.

I only see him getting in if Sakurai has a special attachment to him. He's one of the characters from well-regarded but not super high-selling franchises that aren't old enough to qualify as retro. Those similarly situated characters mostly seem like better choices to me than Saki. Isaac's series was much better selling, and had more installments, but each one sold fewer copies. Shulk's game was the most critically acclaimed, a Wii swan-song and is getting an A-list sequel for the Wii U, but he might not be in the sequel. They're not directly competing against each other in the way that say, Fire Emblem characters are, but if they have another slot to fill and they're looking around, I just see Isaac and Shulk as more appealing. They might not consider them all three together like I am not, but if I did that's how I think it would play out.

Saki chances: 10%
Nevertheless, his status as a Brawl AT means he'd at least enter Sakurai's mind, even if he just thought "Yeah, he'd be good as an AT again!"

Then again, Sakurai did say good things about him as an AT (like how he'd fit in as a playable character), and his AT was better done than some others, so that gives him a little boost. Still, slots are limited and Sakurai might think that a high-quality AT is the right level of inclusion for such a niche character.

Saki want: 40%
I'm not that into him, but I'd probably think his move set was fun.

Slippy prediction: 1%

Nominations:
Young Link x5

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

The ball is back in your court, Herr Toad.

I seriously hope you don't think that you can beat me... on my own thread, no less!

But if you dare... why don't you try again?

I like your pep, Groose mah boy. You win...

...for now.

For the time being though let us merely get this farce over and done with!

Yarne and Owain Tag team.

Alright; Yarne as I've discussed before has unique beast transformation abilities and pretty much sums up Fire Emblem's permadeath gamestyle better than any other character in the entire series. Like mentioned; Yarne isn't popular though due to his cowardly nature which is his largest downfall.
Interestingly he does seem to have a fanbase on another kind; the same kind that Tharja has.... I once again warn you that the internet is a scary place. *shudder*

Owain on the other hand offers a ton of references to past FE games due to his many shoutouts and is extremely popular. His downfall is he's a goddamn swordsman from a series full of swordsmen trying to get into a fighting game where his series is overly populated already by goddamn swordsmen.

There is the Pair Up System which means we could see a tag team from Awakening, but the chances of both Yarne AND Owain being selected for it are so slim it's not worth considering; especially as Chrom and Lucina make more sense, or even Chrom and Robin or Robin and Morgan make more sense than this random pair up.

In fact; a lot of Awakening pair ups make more sense than Yarne and Owain; Sumia and Cordelia, Virion and Cherche, Basilo and Flavia, Sully and Stahl(who?), Nowi and Tiki...and that's before you even get into the mother and child pairings.

Yarne and Owain don't even have a support conversation in the default game; which is the clearest sign of some sort of friendship between two people in the game;

Owain for example can get Support A with Brady and Inigo, and Yarne can hit Support A with Brady(again) and Laurent. These pair ups show a friendship, whilst Owain and Yarne share no chemistry from the game...

Wai-wait what? I guess they do share the odd conversation in the DLC then, so I guess that counts about as much as Roy and the other lords appearing as DLC only does...

Want: 80%
(No, seriously.)

That being said; the random combination does actually excite me a little. Owain is VERY brave, and hammy(surpassing even Captain Falcon) and Yarne, who is very timid could very well be his "mighty steed" in beast form ;

(the above is actually Yarne's mother; Panne, but he has a similar form; the pink material is blue instead)

If Owain rides on Yarne's back, that'd be a pretty entertaining and unique duo right there, and would definitely be far more fun than a pair of Falchion users. Unlike a horse; Yarne's jumping skills as a rabbit monster would allow for the duo to cover even the most rocky terrain.

This combination actually works decently for showcasing mounted units, the pair up system, the permadeath system(Yarne), a totally different kind of FE fighter(Yarne), a buttload of past game references(Owain) and add a popular NON lord character to the roster(Owain).

The only downside, apart from the obvious impossibility of the tagteam, are that hearing the same references spewed repeatedly could become very grating, very fast, as I have previously mentioned in Palutena's re-rate.

Admit it; a giant rabbit monster with a man who claims to have a cursed blood thirsty hand that seeks justice mounted atop it is just a hell of a lot more interesting as a playable concept than another blue haired lord with a sword.

Okay...not as large as Groose or OcarinaOfDoom today, but I gave them a surprising amount of thought.

On to...

Saki

Chance: 10%
Sin and Punishment was a cult game from Pre-Brawl. Saki himself got to appear as an Assist Trophy, and arguably one of the very BEST assist trophies in Brawl. Unfortunately there's not a lot going on for Saki to stop him being an awesome assist trophy and make him hop over to playable;

He's not as requested as fellow golden haired swordsman assist trophy Isaac, and even Isaac's popularity has dwindled between Brawl and now in Japan. Combining this with Starfy's return as an assist trophy and I'm a little concerned all ATs will forever remain an AT. Saki only gets a 10% because Sakurai seemed to really enjoy the character judgingby the amount of love that went into that Assist Trophy.

Want: 50%
I'm not really sure on Saki honestly. I've played with him on SSB: Crusade, and he's certainly a great character, but at the same time Sin and Punishment is little more than two cult hit games. One could argue that the Ice Climbers have gotten in on less, but I'm not sure if Saki can add anything unique that the more popular Shulk, Isaac or even Robin from Awakening couldn't offer in a swordsman with projectiles.

He's also not extremely well known like some of the other characters I vouch for and is a bit on an obscure gem.

Like with Palutena; I'm not against his inclusion, I'm just horribly, horribly neutral.

Slippy Toad Prediction: 6%
Most will say; Krystal or bust for a newcomer for Starfox, with more leaning towards 'bust'.

Nominations:
5 X Playable Bosses

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Yarne & Owain tag team:
Likelihood: 0%
No.
No.

Saki:
Likelihood: 30%
Probably a bit high here, but I think he does have a legitimate chance of making it. Sin & Punishment was a cult game pre-Brawl, and it got a sequel on the Wii. Saki also appeared in Brawl as one of the most fleshed out Assist Trophies in the game, which is proof of the uniqueness Sakurai saw in him.

Want: 40%
I haven't played his game, but he is a cool character. Not on my most wanted list though.

Slippy Prediction: 10%
I'm expecting a good number of "Krystal or nothing" posts tomorrow.

Promoted AT X 5

EDIT: I checked back and saw that I had given him 30% last time as well. Lol coincidence. He was majorly overrated last time, too. Half of the ratings were around 50%

Last edited:

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
Giving Y/O even 1% because they are owned by Nintendo is still so wrong. That's still 1 chance out of... 100. Y/O are NOT living the American dream.

Captain Toad

Smash Apprentice
COURT BEGINS 2002

Court is now in session for the trial of Yarne and Owain.

The defense is ready, Your Honor.

The prosecution is ready.

So this is the legendary von Karma
that Mr. Wright used to duel? She doesn't
look so tough. I'll be fine--her comes Justice!

Miss von Karma? Your opening statement, if you will.

I hardly think that will be necessary, Your Honor.
Yet, I guess I'll oblige. It's Yarne and Owain.
Neither has a chance individually. As a team?
It's beyond foolish!

Why, I suppose you do have a point there.
Weren't those Chrom and Marth fellows the stars of Awakening?

Your Honor, it would be best if you don't leap to
premature conclusions. Owain and Yar--- AHH!

FOOLISHLY FOOLISH FOOL! I give you one chance to
back out--submit a Guilty Plea and be saved the pain of
my whip and utter humiliation.

Did she just... use her whip on me? Erm... isn't that
against the rules?

The defense pleads Not Guilty... and request the court
takes the whip away from this mad woman posing as
the prosecution for this case.

Oh, you fool. Don't you know? I am a von Karma--as such,
I am the master of this court.

Any foolishly blurted foolish statements
will be greeted with a crack of the whip.

Yes, Mr. Justice. You're still a rookie, so
I suppose you still have to learn about the von Karmas.
We'll do things as the prosecution suggests.

This... this truly is the Dark Age of the Law...

Anyway, I'll be calling my witness to the stand now.

Very well. Please do!

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Court... I present to you...
Detective Scruffy McTrenchcoat!

Actually, pal, the name's Detective **** Gumshoe.
I really don't li--- OWWW!

Your testimony! NOW!

Y-y-yes, Miss von Karma.

CROSS EXAMINATION ALLEGRO 2007

Yarne and Owain are two minor characters in Fire Emblem Awakening.

I can't recall them appearing in any other games.

I think it's possible to beat Awakening without
even seeing them, anyway.

There's one more point that was important...
what was it now...?

Oh, yeah! The characters have no significant
relationship with one another.

That's all for my testimony. Pretty decisive stuff, huh?

Why, that's a very decisive testimony indeed!
I could declare my verdict here and now!

Before you do, I'd like to give the defense a chance
to cross-examine the witness.

It's time to show him what being
a von Karma is all about. His arguments will
fall before my superiority!

Why, geez. How courteous and humble of her.

But what a mistake. Gumshoe's testimony is solid,
but there is one major flaw.

The defense would like to take the
prosecution up on her offer.

Yarne and Owain are two minor characters in Fire Emblem Awakening.

OBJECTION 2007

In what way are they minor?

That''s easy, pal. They're insignificant to the plot,
lack popularity, and aren't of the Lord class.

The defense requests that the witnesses' testimony
be amended to reflect these new details!

Very well. Witness, please amend your statement.

You got it, Your Honor!

Yarne and Owain lack significance to the plot
and popularity among the fans.

Yarne and Owain are very popular among the fans!
This is why they're not irrelevant, and why
they have a shot at teaming up for this game!

Mr. Justice, please calm those Cords of Steel of yours down.
However, you have a point. If what you---

Evidence is everything in a court of law.

If what you say is true... prove it!

As much as that whip hurt...

I'm sure it'll hurt your case even more when
I present my decisive evidence.

Please take a look at the linked poll. It's
an official poll that was held by Nintendo,
and it influenced the DLC for Awakening.
You'll notice that it proclaims Owain is
the second most popular male character
in the game.

Popularity could push Owain into the game.

Fool! You've foolishly fooled yourself
into losing this case!

Erm... I have? What's she talking about?

What have you been arguing for this entire time?

That Owain and Yarne can get in this game
as a tag-team.

What has my witness proved?

Erm... that they aren't important to Awakening itself.
Still, they could get...

What does your evidence prove?

That the two are very popular. Owain is the second most popular,
and Yarne is the...

Oh. Oh crap.

Well? What is Yarne?

Yarne is second to last on the list.
He is one of the least popular characters.

Why... that means that...

Owain may be popular enough to get in, but Yarne isn't.
The two have no connection to each other, so there's no
reason that the two would get in as a pair.

This team is an impossibility!

ACCCCCCKKKKKK!
I'M NOOOOOOOOOOT FIIIIIIINEEEEEEE!

I see we've reached a conclusion. But before I hand
down my verdict... Miss von Karma, what happened to
Mr. Justice?

He's had a breakdown. I think he said something
about Mr. Wright coming out of retirement. Foolish nonsense.

Very well. I can hereby declare the defendants,
Yarne and Owain....

Yarne and Owain:
0% chance

...and 0% want for good measure.
Oh man... Groose's post... took me right back into the courtroom for a moment there... I most certainly felt I'm about to be chewed up again hahaha.

Yarne and Owain
chance: 0%
They're not very likely, and personally would prefer Robin, or Robin and Chrom tag team if it's the only way Robin will get in.

Want: 60% (If Robin didn't get in, and score altered and up'd after reading YoshiandToad's post about Owain using Yarne as a steed... that image... still, it sounded pretty awesome and I would prefer it to just Chrom, or Lucina. If I was good enough at drawing...that might just have to be done.)

These two characters....represent the series brilliantly. Owain reps a lot of previous FE games, and Yarne is all about the permadeath. Not to mention both are fun characters and destroy the rest of the map... Then again, I seem to like characters no one else cares about, which is probably why I like Yarne more than most who've played the game seem to.

^This is why I expected to be chewed out hahaha. There there Apollo...better luck next time when you have to defend a character choice that has more support for it than just a couple of people who seems to like all the characters with no hope in hell of getting in. *sigh*

Saki
abstain : Not played his game, wouldn't like to judge. Seems like he could be interesting, and wouldn't hate him being in it, just kind of on my "eehh?" list. (Instantly means he'll have more chance that most on my wanted list haha)

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yarne/Owain:

Chances: 0%.

Want: 0%.

Saki:

Chances: 25%.

He is the ideal representative of his franchise, he has that going for him. But he's still only in one game that didn't sell very well or is very popular.

Want: 45%.

I haven't played Sin & Punishment, so I'm not too keen on this guy's greatness, but he seems like he would be a fun guy to have around. Still, there are way more deserving niche characters than Saki.

I nominate Leon...Kennedy x5.

Last edited:

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
YARNE/OWAIN

Chance: 0.1% - What?

Want: 0% - Why?

SAKI

Chance: 5% - I think he has a shot but he's not likely.

Want: 25% - Eh, as far as the blond swordsmen go, I'd rather have Isaac or Matthew. Short of that, I'd want Shulk. Still, he could be fun.

Slippy Toad Prediction: 2% - Just a guess.

x5 Leon. HELP ME NOMINATE HIM!!!
REQUEST ACCEPTED!!!

Nominations:
Leon x5

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I'm not really sure on Saki honestly. I've played with him on SSB: Crusade, and he's certainly a great character, but at the same time Sin and Punishment is little more than two cult hit games.
More like two well-regarded but niche games. The difficulty and genre make it so they don't have mass appeal.

Not sure if it counts as a cult hit if it doesn't get continued sales... Like, Earthbound is a cult hit. Not a huge phenomenon when it came out, but its stature has only increased over time and I'm guessing the VC release did very well.

But perhaps the VC release of the original did do pretty well, which is why it got a sequel... Hmmm... But the sequel's sales were not amazing, so perhaps it was a matter of good enough sales and cheap enough development.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I'm back.......

WHY I DIDN'T RATE THE OTHER DAYS?

Rhythm Wrestler: Was not in a good mood to rate.
Palutena: Do I need to explain that salt train?

Yarne & Owain.

Pros:
-Okay, seriously, why was this requested? I mean SERIOUSLY? This is a joke.
-Is a duo in Fire Emblem Awakening.
Cons:
-Guess who is also a character in Fire Emblem Awakening? Robin, Chrom, Lucina. Yarne and Owain are VERY minor characters in Awakening as is, this is just like the old Awakening Week. Too many 0's have been rated already and I'm here to say why they are so.
-You know what? Screw it.

LOGIC BULLET!
Naoto_Shirogane_(Persona_4_Arena,_Story_Mode_Illustration,_2).jpg

So, Fire Emblem Awakening was pretty damn successful, no? Lots of sales, popular characters and a big turn for the franchise. It paid off. The issue? There's a lot of minor characters in Awakening. We don't have the protagonists of Awakening in Smash at all. So what's to say we'll get them instead? Has this been seen anywhere in Smash before? We've gotten a main character before anything else. With the elements of other characters that are much more likely, we've got Lyn, Roy, a lot of other choices that are far more likely and far more desireable. Another duo would be hell for Sakurai to make in addition. If people are thinking PT will get cut due to the massive amount of development, why does THIS get set differently? It shouldn't at all. The real issues surrounding this:

-We don't have the main characters of Awakening. This is a serious issue that makes it nigh-impossible for us to get this duo if we don't get at least two of these. We'll likely get Chrom, Robin or Lucina way before the others simply because of their importance in Awakening as the main characters.
-They are optional. When a character is an optional character to get in a game, and if you don't get them or see them at all because of this, it's a good sign they aren't very important. Magus from Chrono Trigger is the complete basis of this. He's a completely optional party member, but if you don't get him he still shows up and is a very important character. I'd go into details, but spoilers.
-Pokemon Trainer Logic. If people are going to use the Pokemon Trainer Logic with this one, then it should be said that if we lose a trio, there's little chance we'd get a replacement duo in it's stead if time constraints are really a problem.
-Duos are no longer unique. We have 2 duos of each kind now in Smash Bros: A Carl Clover-esque playstyle with Rosalina, and a Relius Clover-esque one with Ice Climbers. There's not much more than can be done with duos and tag teams, so it's not really unique (Which, if you didn't know, is kind of a big thing.)
-We're not likely getting 2 new slots for Fire Emblem. We have had two for a while right now. If it wasn't apparant enough already, we're only getting 10-13 new slots as is. And certainly saying, if we got something from Awakening playable, like hell we're getting ANOTHER.
-Groose's testament when he went full Von Karma is the epitome of explanations. There's little of an arguement for this when we're starting with Awakening representation in only the way of a new stage.

Overall Chance: (Debunked- Too many characters from Awakening that are far more important and not enough slots)- 00.00%

AMMO DEPLETED
RELOAD LATER

Want:
00.00%

Saki- Not Konishi.

Pros
-Sin and Punishment got a new game on Wii.
-Is a main character of S+P
-Was an assist trophy in Brawl, so Sakurai recognizes that series.
Cons
-Star Successor didn't sell very well. Was recieved mostly at a C-B- Range for many reviewers overall.
-Saki could become AT fodder yet again.
-Blonde Trio Logic? I disagree with it, but it gives off the correct point that Saki must fight a VERY high uphill battle.
How do these Mesh?
-By this point, we're not very likely to recieve a new S+P character or slot, but instead likely just an AT and a couple of trophies.

Overall Rating: 5%- If S+P got a character, it'd be him. But hey, it's a pretty big IF.

Want: 00.00%- I never liked S+P. I love rail shooters and bullet hell shooters but it's not my cup of tea.

Slippy OH GOD THAT DANCE OF DEATH DEAR GOD NO!

-Rating 1.5% because Krystal is the far more likely newcomer. That being said, IF we get a newcomer.

Nominating Young Link X5 so I get to give out another 00.00% later.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Troll 2:

Saki: 26%
Still decently likely, he's clearly liked in the smash team, and would be medium/easy to make. Probably too much competition though.

Want: 100%
I love Sin and Punishment, and while I used to prefer Isa my opinions have changed, and I now support Saki more. I just want the series to get proper representation and another sequel; Successor to the Sky was awesome, and even if KI has taken alot of it's thunder, ultimately I just prefer the S&P setting... but not by enough not to want a KI Wii U ofc :p.

Hero of Light*5

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Herp & Derp
0 all around

Saki
Chance: 10%
He was an assist trophy, so there is a chance That he was considered. He has clearly crossed Sakurais mind. Keep in mind that Starfy is a returning AT and theres no evidence to show that being an AT in Brawl helps your chances now.

Want: 20%
Just not that interested. Only because laser gun sword.

HELP ME FOX! GET THIS GUY OFF ME!
6.7%

Nominations :
Pokemon Trainer x5

D

Deleted member

Since I was extremely curious, I tallied up what Yarne & Owain's score is so far.
Note: BluePikmin's and Lonekonwolf's chance scores were put in as 0%.

So far… wow. Even this unlikely team isn't losing to Scrooge McDuck. They approximately have .04% chance. Their want is even above the 10s with 16.67% want. Luckily for Scrooge, there is still some time left.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Saki- Not Konishi.
Cons
-Star Successor didn't sell very well. Was recieved mostly at a C-B- Range for many reviewers overall.
Both Metacritic (87%) and Game Rankings (85%) agree: Star Successor was pretty well-received. That's more like an A- score. Game Rankings gives a similar score for the original game.

The game is not disliked, it just doesn't have mass appeal and hence did not get much sales.
Nominating Young Link X5 so I get to give out another 00.00% later.
My OCD tendencies compel me to finish out the remaining veteran. Even though he's clearly not getting in.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Both Metacritic (87%) and Game Rankings (85%) agree: Star Successor was pretty well-received. That's more like an A- score. Game Rankings gives a similar score for the original game.

The game is not disliked, it just doesn't have mass appeal and hence did not get much sales.
Maybe it's the reviewers I look at that have a negative thought. I really don't use Metacritic or Game Rankings.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
YARNE/OWAIN:

Chance:

Want:

SAKI:

Chance: 15%
Personally, I'm just not feeling it. Sin and Punishment is a bit too unknown to really warrant a character at this moment in time.

I despise the kid for unknown reasons. He is ugly though.

Slippy Prediction: 5.25%
Not impossible, but not likely. I won't deny that Slippy is iconic.

Noms: Super Mario 3D World Stage x5

If modern music can be considered music, then so can this.
Well FINALLY someone understands my hatred for modern music!

If we were rating Luigi, then I would make a longer post than this by tenfold.
Well I would make it longer by ELEVENFOLD.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom