• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Modern music is absolutely horrendous. I hate listening to the radio for the garbage that they have been putting up.
It has no substance. Nothing to it, just put a generic beat in the background and have a mediocre voice "sing" to it.
Ugh. That is why I listen to Classic Rock and Video Game Music. So much better.
In fact even the 8-bit tracks of old have more to them than modern music.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
music discussion eh?
personally 95% of todays music is garbage, orchestral and game music is where it at mates:cool:
in fact some of the best music this generation is from video games, and you also can't never beat the amazing classics too

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
@ Toxicroaker Toxicroaker I want this video added to the music section. If modern music can be considered music, then so can this.[/quote]
Well FINALLY someone understands my hatred for modern music!
Modern music is absolutely horrendous. I hate listening to the radio for the garbage that they have been putting up.
It has no substance. Nothing to it, just put a generic beat in the background and have a mediocre voice "sing" to it.
Ugh. That is why I listen to Classic Rock and Video Game Music. So much better.
In fact even the 8-bit tracks of old have more to them than modern music.
And I was beginning to lose faith in humanity.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
music discussion eh?
personally 95% of todays music is garbage, orchestral and game music is where it at mates:cool:
Monsieur, you and I are gonna have to agree to disagree. Though Orchestral is what I like 2nd best.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Monsieur, you and I are gonna have to agree to disagree. Though Orchestral is what I like 2nd best.

[/collapse]
I have no idea who that is. . .are we on the same subject I was talking about the kind you hear from those random bands, the radio, and the completely utter rap songs, that people actually call it music. . .doesn't sound like music no matter what. . .

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I have no idea who that is. . .are we on the same subject I was talking about the kind you hear from those random bands, the radio, and the completely utter rap songs, that people actually call it music. . .doesn't sound like music no matter what. . .
That I completely agree with. What I listen to is often what you'd consider the complete underground of the music industry, Monstercat being a prime example. Specifically, Electronic Dance Music. I hate rap, I hate country, I hate a lot of stuff (I just used hate, I MEAN IT). I stopped listening to the radio mostly.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
That I completely agree with. What I listen to is often what you'd consider the complete underground of the music industry. Specifically, Electronic Dance Music. I hate rap, I hate country, I hate a lot of stuff. I stopped listening to the radio mostly.
ah then me and you are on the same side then, though i'm not a fan of electronic, still is better than most of the stuff out there
and I gotta agree with you, rap, metal, rock, country, it all just bad

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
That I completely agree with. What I listen to is often what you'd consider the complete underground of the music industry, Monstercat being a prime example. Specifically, Electronic Dance Music. I hate rap, I hate country, I hate a lot of stuff (I just used hate, I MEAN IT). I stopped listening to the radio mostly.
Classic Rock is the answer.
I am also very fond of jazz, as I am in the school jazz band, so some of my favorite video game tracks are jazzy in nature and include the saxophone (my instrument of choice).

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Since I was extremely curious, I tallied up what Yarne & Owain's score is so far.
Note: BluePikmin's and Lonekonwolf's chance scores were put in as 0%.

So far… wow. Even this unlikely team isn't losing to Scrooge McDuck. They approximately have .04% chance. Their want is even above the 10s with 16.67% want. Luckily for Scrooge, there is still some time left.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Classic Rock is the answer.
I am also very fond of jazz, as I am in the school jazz band, so some of my favorite video game tracks are jazzy in nature and include the saxophone (my instrument of choice).
ah now jazz, that's something that's actually good, I never get tired of hearing it, day in day out

Groose

Smash Champion
Well FINALLY someone understands my hatred for modern music!
Whether it's rock, pop, or 8-Bit, the best music comes from the 80's or before. Usually. You have the odd exception. Muse still cranks out some pretty good stuff, and there has been a plethora of good VGM recently.

Maybe it's the reviewers I look at that have a negative thought. I really don't use Metacritic or Game Rankings.
I've come to look less and less at reviews over the years. Sometimes they get it right, but more often they don't. I find that they seem to just rate games in the same range every time. 3D Mario game? High 90's. Zelda? Mid 90's. Ace Attorney? Mid 80's.

This reminds me--I own the old Official Guide to Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It has a two page analysis on each character, and each character is rated on a scale of 1-10. Meta Knight is one of the worst rated characters down at a 6. Meanwhile, Marth is the highest rank characters. Just goes to show that rushing right to the press after a game comes out is just pointless.

Oh man... Groose's post... took me right back into the courtroom for a moment there... I most certainly felt I'm about to be chewed up again hahaha.
Part of my goal is to raise awareness for the Ace Attorney series. It's not like the other games I enjoy--not a whole lot of people know about it. If I can get a bunch of people hooked, I'll be happy. And I don't chew anyone up for want scores---I considered giving Yarne/Owain some love there, but I just couldn't.

I like your pep, Groose mah boy. You win...for now.

Want: 80%
(No, seriously.)

That being said; the random combination does actually excite me a little. Owain is VERY brave, and hammy(surpassing even Captain Falcon) and Yarne, who is very timid could very well be his "mighty steed" in beast form ;
Technically, I'd win anyway, because the OP grew so large that it actually exceeded the size a Smashboards post can handle. Still, I intend to hold the record for longest rating, too.

If I were you Toad, I would accept his challenge. :p

If we were rating Luigi, then I would make a longer post than this by tenfold. However… that will never happen… not even in the next RTC for Smash 5.
Hmm... it may be a bit too late now, but for next time you could try a "Poltergust Luigi". Or you could try it now, but don't expect it to get a very high chance.
Alright, so Yarne, next time we attack, we bring Omastar. He's a Water Rock type, so Roy's fire sword will only do 1/4th Damage! (no this will not be a thing. for now. maybe a month before launch)
My post may have been longer, but you win the post of the page award. When we cool off a bit, feel free to start with the next "joke" concept--we're to the point where they're the most entertaining days we have. Besides, since we rate something else, too, they're not as devastating as they used to be.

You haven't convinced me that I need the duo in Smash (though I will boost my want to about 33%), but you have convinced me that I need Awakening. Part of my indifference to Fire Emblem characters is that my only FE game is the Sacred Stones--and I just found those characters so generic. Apparently, Awakening is better in that regard than the Sacred Stones... and now my gaming arm thirsts to play it.

Nomination: Since I already said Fawful, I'll have to go for a day of Porky Minch's 4 possible forms:
*Mother 2 Overalls and whit shirt, using common objects
*Mother 2 Big City Pokey, Rosalina & Luma-like team with Giygas possessing him
*Mother 2 Spider Mech
*Mother 3 Bed Mech
I suppose I"ll list this under "Porky Forms Day," and when it reaches the top we'll just spend a day on it.

Ok, I'll be serious.

0.1% in likeliness

But I'm keeping 99.99% in want.
Yeah, put whatever you want into your want score. That's why we call it the want score, ja? But if you actually were to have a 75% in your chance score, people looking back a few years later would wonder why this team managed to get a composite chance score of over three percent. We can't be having that!

This information is directed to everyone: If you post an extreme outlier of a chance score, I always read your posts to see if you actually believe it. If all your reasoning is based off of love or hate for the character or you aren't genuine, I don't grade it. This has only happened about a half a dozen times, and I've been running things for well over 120 Days. I thank you all for posting serious chance scores and making my job easier.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
This reminds me--I own the old Official Guide to Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It has a two page analysis on each character, and each character is rated on a scale of 1-10. Meta Knight is one of the worst rated characters down at a 6. Meanwhile, Marth is the highest rank characters. Just goes to show that rushing right to the press after a game comes out is just pointless.
I found this at an old bookstore actually, I bought it, and then once I saw that guide I took an industrial marker and wrote an 11 on MK's rating. (BASED MK GOD DESERVES BETTER THAN 10)

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Is it wrong that I've already planned for the last joke character?
nope, seeing how its up your alley mate, plus they are enjoyable seeing people post zeros and funny things, :p
nock yourself out mate is what I say, just make sure there's a good distance between this day and that day first though, some people may get aguish

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
nope, seeing how its up your alley mate, plus they are enjoyable seeing people post zeros and funny things, :p
nock yourself out mate is what I say, just make sure there's a good distance between this day and that day first though, some people may get aguish
The one I have planned is for like, right before the game comes out. Before then? I have no idea.

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
Yarne/Owain combo: 0% and 0%

Now for the reason why I'm here.
Saki
Chance: 10%
He comes from a rather unknown franchise, but it does have a cult following. Definitely an oddball character in my eyes.
Want: 80%
There was once a point in my life where Saki was my second most wanted newcomer for this game. I also thought he was a girl back then. Those days have since past, but that doesn't mean I don't want him anymore. Quite the opposite is true. I still think Saki would be an absolutely awesome character to play as. Not to mention S&P is one of my favorite N64 games.

Slippy prediction: 2.96%

Oh, I got extra nominations! This is the first time this has happened, so yay! Though, I think I'll save them for a later time...assuming I can do that.

PT Pokemon (no trainer) X5

Groose

Smash Champion
Saki's Chances: 40%
Sakurai has acknowledged his popularity and his fans. Saki was also still popular up until about a year ago. I wouldn't be surprised if he had ideas for Saki and decided to make him one of the first newcomers for this game.

Note that Kid Icarus borrowed a good number of ideas from Saki's game.

Saki Want: 40%
I'm not huge on his design at all, and I have no personal attachment to him. Still, Sin and Punishment is a series I've wanted to get into for a while and Saki looks like he could have an interesting, projectile spam based moveset.
Hmmm. Well, I definitely still agree with my want score and the reasoning behind it. I also agree with my reasoning for my chance score, but I'm not sure that it justifies 40%. I'd say... I'll amend that to 30%. And, voila, we're done there!

Slippy Prediction: 3.44%
I could use some help over here, Fox!

It seems I have already lead Harry to the top of the votes.
Don't get too cocky, Star Fox. I say it's time we get... FUNKY! :grin:

x3 Funky Kong
x2 Mii

DAY OVER

WE DREAMED OF RATING THE WORLD'S STRONGEST POKEMON...

D

Deleted member

I had that Guide for Brawl… it was the most useless thing ever. Poor explanation of tactics and poor ratings; I remember the guidebook saying that Meta Knight owns the playing field in 1 on 1 yet gave him a 6/10. Also, the guidebook barely had any information on unlocking the characters, including Snake and Sonic and I really wanted to play as them, so I played through the entirety of the SSE.

Hmm... it may be a bit too late now, but for next time you could try a "Poltergust Luigi". Or you could try it now, but don't expect it to get a very high chance.
Oh no. If we were rating Luigi alone and not a concept involving him, I would make a long post. I don't care if Luigi is a shoo-in; he is my favorite character of all-time and I want to justify his appearance in every Smash game.
I dunno. Maybe I'll save that for the very last day of RTCR.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Funny. You guys are getting logic bullets two days in a row outta me...

Groose

Smash Champion
Yarne and Owain Team (Fire Emblem)
0.03% chance
16.38% want

They may have tied for last place on the chance charts, but you know what? They don't even rank in the bottom ten in want. And we got two of the best posts in the history of this thread. Yeah, not a bad day after all, eh?

Saki (Sin and Punishment)
18.53% chance (Day 41: 39.34%)
42.46% want (Day 41: 54.15% )

Do you see that cliff? That statistical cliff yonder? Yeah, that one. A guys just fell off of it. I think his name was Saki. Yeah, his support dried up and his odds dropped. Strange, huh?

Today... FOOOOOOOOOOOOOX! I said, today we're I COULD USE SOME HELP OVER HERE! Ugh. Today we're going to rate GET THIS GUY OFF OF ME! Today we're rating Slip... THERE'S A BOGEY ON MY TAIL! Today we're rating Slippy Toad in chance and want. In addition... we're rating the Champion of Smash Four requests, the Ultimate Fighting Machine, the Clone of Clones, MEWTWO! Will he fall from his lofty 90% chance pedestal? Please rate Mewtwo in chance and want.

Tomorrow we're getting funky in here and rating the one, the only... Funky Kong! Please predict how Funky will fare in tomorrow's match. The noms have been won by OcarinaofDoom and Smasher101.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Slippy Chance: 3.5%
Slippy Want: 10% I have zero relation to Starfox, so no thanks.
Mewtwo chance: 99% From the Sakurai's consideration for Mewtwo to being the most wanted Melee veteran to return, I can assure you guys that Mewtwo will come back.
Mewtwo want: 50% Though I'm indifferent about the legendary Pokemon.
Funky Kong Prediction: 1.23%
Nominations:
x2 Harry (This is to assure that Harry gets on top of the nominations again)
x3 Alph/Brittany/Charlie trio

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
I'm fine with tying for last. Good enough for me. And yay noms.

Slippu: 3%
Want: 0%
MEWTWO: 95%
Want: 100%
Lyn x 10

and a short preview of my next masterpiece:

HEY! I RESENT THAT!

No one cares.

Did you just say the team of me and Yarne isn't serious? Blasphemy! Sword hand twitches...

Y-yeah! What Owain said!

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I'm fine with tying for last. Good enough for me. And yay noms.

Slippu: 3%
MEWTWO: 100%
Stealing this.

5x Athena Cykes

and a short preview of my next masterpiece:

HEY! I RESENT THAT!

No one cares.

Did you just say the team of me and Yarne isn't serious? Blasphemy! Sword hand twitches...

Y-yeah! What Owain said!
Chrom+Roy+Owain+Yarne tag team?

oh lawdy

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Slippy
Chance: 0% - Data analysis is complete, here it comes.

Me: I don't want Slippy in SSB4.

Slippy: Aha, thought you could hide from me eh.

Me: Oh hey Slip, I was just leaving.

Slippy: Escaping? I don't think so.

Me: Please let me go home.

Slippy: Your not getting away that Easy!!

Me: Okay fine, I was just contemplating the SSB4 roster.

Slippy: Don't worry, Slippy's here.

Me: Actually that's the part that worries me. I don't think you should be in Smash.

Slippy: You want a piece of me?

Me: Sorry little dude, I just don't think you're cut out for it. We already have three StarFox characters, and Krystal is still the most likely fourth rep.

Slippy: This is really starting to tick me off.

Me: Look it's not my fault that people don't seem to like you.

Slippy: Your carcass is mine.

Me: Look Slip, I've tried to be civil but if you're going to threaten me like that then I'll be forced to unleash the monkeys.

Slippy: I'm Monkey food if I don't leave. :(

Mewtwo
Chance: 90% - He's most requested character, I'd be surprised if he doesn't make it.
Want: 75% - Because I miss him. :(

Funky Kong prediction: 0.64

Nominations: Gyromite stage x5

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Slippy Toad's chances: 1% - Only new Star Fox rep I think we'd get is Krystal, and I don't even think she's likely.
Want: 10% - I like him more than Krystal, personally. Still, I think Star Fox is complete as is and I don't think it should get (or lose) anyone else.

Mewtwo's chances: 99% - Yep. He's one of the most popular Pokemon and is more requested than any actual newcomer. I consider him to be a shoe-in and will be shocked if he doesn't return.
Want: 60% - I think he should have been in Brawl and I'd be happy for all of his fans. However, I'm not a huge fan of his and he was one of my least favorite of the characters introduced in Melee. so I can't give him a higher score than this.

Funky Kong prediction: 0.96%

Young Link x15. Let's finish off the veterans, even though he will do terribly.

Edit: Oh, just realized I won extra noms. Me and OoD both predicted the exact score so I'm assuming I can nominate x15? If not, change it to x10.

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
GET THIS GUY OFF ME FOX!!!!! - 1.65%
insta.gif

kinda explains, he's unfit for a fighting role, from a dying franchise, and he is very special, the only thing he got is iconicness and the meme, though those don't help when fox is already in, and meme popularity is almost nothing
want - 60%
lets face it slippy is annoying, but just all the jokes about the guy and just how much the world hates him, would just make me laugh from all the buthurt that it will bring, then i'll feel a bit sad,
plus I gotta say, I kinda like the guy, he grew on me, still kill him quite often in 64 though
so with that said I think his rating is ov-

shut up slippy
mewtwo - 90.25%
its mewtwo, what hasn't been said?
want - 50%
i'm actually indifferent, couldn't care or want
funky kong - 1.16%
blind guess, I guess
nominations:
X5
already made it, might as well post it. . . .

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Slippy and Mewtwo have been added to the Directory.
If you have rated Mewtwo before, check to see what you said about him on his day!

First up… the priority. The world's most powerful psychic Pokemon…
Mewtwo
Chance:
95%

Why was Mewtwo cut in Brawl? That is something that greatly confused me. I understand if Sakurai wanted to focus in on a more recent Pokemon like Lucario, but Mewtwo should have never been low priority. Was he unaware how popular Mewtwo is? That might have been so.
Mewtwo is by far the most popular Legendary Pokemon in existence. There are numerous other Legendary Pokemon that are also popular, but none come as popular as Mewtwo. Mewtwo has been popular since the beginning of Pokemon. I bet that people were talking about Mewtwo when first Pokemon started in the 90s where he was that almighty Legendary Pokemon that was completely powerful. When the anime was popular, Mewtwo got not one, but two movies to his name, whereas later Pokemon like Lucario and Zoroark only got one. Hell, Mewtwo now has a third movie to his name now with Genesect also starring in it.
I think that Mewtwo was positively received when Melee first came out; I know that his inclusion got people talking. However, people reacted negatively for his exclusion in Brawl and for a very good reason… why did it happen? Why was he low priority? I understand that Sonic getting in meant that Mewtwo had to get cut.
95%… I gave that to Little Mac. I have reasons why I believe Mewtwo is definitely going to be in Smash.
1. Pokemon is still an absolute phenomenon. The games still give Nintendo a ton of money and still generate sales for their systems. In fact, it's the second best selling series worldwide, behind Mario. So, I think that it's safe to say that Pokemon might get 5 reps.
2. Mewtwo has TWO Mega Evolutions. Mega Evolutions are only given to those Pokemon that are popular. Only Mewtwo and Charizard got the luxury of two Mega Evolutions. If that doesn't show how popular Mewtwo is, then my next point might.
3. Mewtwo is the most requested character WORLDWIDE!!! Seriously, Mewtwo is THE most wanted character to appear in Smash. No newcomer compares to Mewtwo and his demand. People in Japan even say that his cut from Brawl was a travesty to begin with and I sympathize with them. Again, WHY WAS MEWTWO LOW PRIORITY?! I don't understand why he got cut when he really shouldn't of. But I digress. Sakurai is listening to his fans with his requests. If Sakurai didn't listen, then we wouldn't have gotten Mega Man in this game. The most we've seen Sakurai say about Mewtwo is that he was "thinking about" including him.
There shouldn't be any real negatives in regards to Mewtwo. Though I have seen some arguments.
I've heard that now that Lucario is in, there is no need for Mewtwo or he's done. Mewtwo and Lucario were meant to be in Brawl together! Mewtwo wasn't intentionally cut; he got cut because they ran out of time to put him in the game just so that Sakurai could implement Sonic. Again, Pokemon is incredibly popular, both can easily be put into SSB4.
I've heard another saying that Mewtwo wouldn't be in Sakurai's best interest to include Mewtwo… even though he is THE MOST REQUESTED CHARACTER WORLDWIDE! Mewtwo would generate hype and a large majority of people want to see Mewtwo strike back.
Lastly, I've heard a dumb argument saying that Lucario is a clone of Mewtwo… even though they only share one move.

By that same logic, Mega Man is a Sonic clone.
Overall, Mewtwo has to be in this game. There is just so much going for him that not including him would be utter stupidity on Sakurai's part as it would have been the biggest missed opportunity for him… along with not including King K. Rool. I highly doubt Sakurai would overlook Mewtwo this time around.
I don't want Mewtwo, I freaking NEED Mewtwo!
Why? Why was Mewtwo low priority? I considered Mewtwo in the safe zone from getting cut, along with the Original 12, Bowser, Peach, and Zelda during pre-Brawl. When he was cut, I was borderline confused. Why would Sakurai cut Mewtwo? I wasn't a big Pokemon fan back then, but I knew how popular he was.
I am now a huge Pokemon fan and just not seeing him in Brawl ticks me off and it saddens me greatly. It's even worse with Lucario, AKA Mewtwo's "replacement." I love Lucario in the Pokemon games and it's one of the most useful Pokemon that I have ever used, but he has a horrible moveset where it just makes me miss Mewtwo.
Mewtwo is by far one of my most wanted characters. I would be disappointed if he doesn't make a comeback.

Oh boy… enemy shield analyzed…
Slippy
Chance:
7%

Slippy's benefits to me are the fact that he is one of Japan's most wanted Star Fox characters and the fact that a Star Fox character gets added every game so far. However, the first part doesn't really matter because Japan doesn't really want a Star Fox character as fans see the series complete. He is definitely not going to cut Falco or Wolf to get in. The latter part might not happen this time around. Also, he has to compete against Krystal, who people think is the frontrunner of the Star Fox series's 4th character. Overall Slippy… you need some major help to get in this game.
Want: 5%
Better than Krystal, but I know that he wouldn't be too exciting.

Funky Kong (+ Spear Bike = OP) Prediction: 1.71%
He isn't going to be in Smash.

Nominations: Reyn TimeSplitters 5x

Morbi

Scavenger
Slippy Chance: 5%
Slippy Want: 80%

Mewtwo Chance: 100%
(note: I rarely deal in absolutes regarding likelihood; however, it is blatantly obvious that this character is shoe-in).
Mewtwo Want: 100%

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Slippy
Chance: 2%
I won't completely rule him out, but he isn't even the best choice for Starfox, and that's even if they get a new character.

Want: 10%

Mewtwo
Chance: 95%
Does Lucario's inclusion hurt his chances at all? Not really. The only thing it did was reduce the number of potential slots remaining for Pokemon, which wont really do anything. If we see another Pokemon newcomer, then he might be lowered in chance.

Everything I would say about Mewtwo will be said. In short, he has pretty much everything going for him. Popularity, relevance (which is important in Pokemon,) Veteran status, was in the latest movie (need I go on?)

The only character that i feel was such an injustice for being cut. Make his moveset like PM, and youre golden. (Seriously, Sakurai could just take everything from PM and put it in Sm4sh)

Funky Kong: 3.14%

Nominations:
Pokemon Trainer x5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom