• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
If Little Mac gets confirmed as an AT I think Smashboards can officially turn in its prediction license.

now this probably has to do with little mac being my most wanted newcomer but I really hope Sakurai doesn't just choose characters that no one will expect for shock value at the cost of the characters that really should get in, yeah I know the word "deserving" gets thrown around a lot and I do like surprises but whats the point of shocking us when at the end we have to live with a game of LOLSORANDUM characters that sakurai chooses seemingly just so that no one could guess it.

Rosalina brings up 2 big issues I have with smash:
1. characters getting in taking spots from more "deserving" characters (im using the term get over it, it's true)
2. characters who aesthetically don't add much uniqueness to the game (another mario princess rep is following the path of ness/lucas, fox/falco/wolf etc... fine characters not claiming clone but I want a diverse LOOKING roster when possible).

Now just to clarify i'm not at all mad at Rosalina actually probably a neutral 50% satisfied with her, but it's the choice of her blocking out other mario reps that worries me... i've never been a huge bowser jr. waluigi or paper mario fan but i DID always agree they were the most likely (aka most deserving) newcomers from the mario franchise. I won't get into the fact that they still have a chance but I just hate to say it does seem like sakurai chooses characters SPECIFICALLY to throw people off, even in past games, and it is cool that this opens the door up for just about anyone but I don't like when others get shut out because of it. And again Sakurai tends to choose the SAME style characters, now clearly rosalina plays NOTHING like peach and is incredibly unique but she is still a mario princess this "puppet" style fighting could have been implemented in many other characters as well who would have been more unique style wise. Smash should be the ultimate nintendo characters battle it out game not "Sakurai's wacky roster fighters".

Again I'm fine with Rosalina I'm not trying to bash her, she should be fun to play as, this was my same response to wii fit trainer who I have actually convinced myself since her initial announcement that she is a "deserving" character since wii fit sold so well. But the thing is if we get a small roster and like 2 or 3 more character reveals that hit these pitfalls; if we get a roster of nothing but "you didn't guess it" characters or characters like chrom,dixie,roy,toon zelda etc...characters who make a roster overall look bland ( i do want many of the character i just listed it's the fact that if the rest of the newcomers are 2 or 3 of those and no one else we will get a bland roster, rosalina didn't help in the way little mac, takamaru, ridley etc... would make for a diverse roster). I'll be very disappointed if smash is Sakurai's game for himself and not a game for the fans.

sorry for the rant, still hopeful we get a good roster and i'm sure i'll like rosalina once I play her just worried about the overall roster at this point.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Once again, never underestimate Sakurai with his creativity with newcomers. :p
You guys shouldn't be real disappointed..

I'm sure even the saltiest of us will accept this soon, it's just a bit raw still, but I'm sure we'll get over it quicker than those R.O.B. haters that still exist today.
It's just those who were hoping for another Mario newcomer, especially if it was their number one character wish, got their hopes dashed. I can't say she's the most deserving of such a highly sought after position, but I'm sure I'll play her a lot as I do with any Mario Smasher and she does look intriguing gameplay wise.

In hindsight it was stupid to presume there wasn't going to be a Mario newcomer; Mario sells games, sells consoles and basically prints money. You include a Mario newcomer if you want to sell. Seems obvious now.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Rosalina
Satisfaction: 87.5%
I didn't want anymore Mario characters, but now that she's appeared in smash this makes her a staple to the series. I love the "Mario galaxy" oriented move set and she looks like a fun character!
Other characters that were impacted include Palutena and Starfy. Ah, Starfy. Will we really get two star-shaped protagonists in one installment? I think not. His chances have been halved, methinks. Rosalina has a bit of what I thought Palutena would play like in her and they do have a similar aesthetic; I think she gets hurt a bit, but nothing too significant. /quote]
I don't know Groose... I took Rosalina's reveal the other way for Palutena. As cool characters as they are, both the Wii fit Trainer and Rosalina didn't seem to be necessary additions to smash, however, that now brings the female count to 5.5 ( I consider Nana to be half a character) which is nearly a 57% increase from Brawl's female count! I'm starting to wonder if Sakurai is going for more female characters this time around and I think this helps characters like Palutena and especially Dixie Kong! Prior to Rosalina's reveal I remember a lot of us were thinking Rosalina was too similar to Peach to be taken into serious consideration, but her luma has certainly made her a unique fighter. I do agree with your point of Toad and Starfy though.

Nominations:
Slippy x5

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I was made fun of and mocked because i nominated her and gave Ray zero chances.... the nerve....

Ray definitely does not compare to Rosalina's chances.... and it should be a no brainer that Mario certainly has priority over small obscure series.

though i feel bad for Toad fans.... with every release, they still have hope....
Yeah, I've been regretting that post for a while now and it wasn't long until it immediately bit me in the back. But I honestly was not expecting this, especially a confirmation this early. It just shows how much I underestimated Rosalina, so again I apologize.

Now for my ratings:
Want 7%
Before she was added I really didn't see much potential in her character, and hardly even saw her as a possibility. Hence why I acted so harsh towards her chances. I also never had any connection to her character and never saw anything interesting in her potential moveset. But now...

Satisfaction 100%
This was just what I needed. A character that I thought would make a horrible addition and had no chance of getting in, confirmed. It just shocked me. When I saw her appear during the Nintendo Direct and saw the caption "Rosalina & Luma Launch Into Battle" I was speechless. After being confused for a bit, I just decided to sit back and watch the gameplay and realized that couldn't have been more wrong. Her moveset looked phenomenal, her design was amazing, and the trailer was epic. She was the surprise character I needed. I said that I would rather have Toad, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, Waluigi, King Boo, Fawful, and even Koopa Troopa before she was added. But now, I just can't wait to finally try her out, and see what she can do. I'm honestly more excited play as her than Mega Man (my most wanted 3rd party newcomer), and Villager (a character I've supported months before the trailer). That's really saying something.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Rosalina:

Satisfaction: 30%
Remember that for me 25% is indifference, anything less is a dissapointment, anything more is enjoyment with anything over 50% being overall hype.

Let's breaks this down:

Rosalina as a Character: 0%
I don't like her, and I'm not a big fan of Mario Galaxy 1. It was an interesting game, but was too linear, and not all that fun in my opinion, especially given I'd seen sphere walking gimmicks in Ratchet and Clank 2/3 moon levels... and while they where significantly less realised, it wasn't a brand new revelation to me or anything. The sequel was a great game, managing to balance what I loved about Sunshine with what made Galaxy impressive, but sunshine was (judgement held untill I finish R&C Into the Nexus and start 3D world) my favorite 3D Mario... Galaxy seemed like a mistep, and while one they've since fixed Rosalina will always be tainted by that opinion. That and I've grown to dislike her fanbase too, because ultimately all she did was stand around... she didn't get kidnapped, so I guess she's a step up from Peach, but I don't see why she became as popular as she did, and I'm considered the odd one for thinking this way... This in turn makes me like her less and go towards hating the character... though admittedly right at the bottom of the hate spectrum (it's hard to hate someone who just stood around not doing much for most of her game).

Her as Playable: 45%
She looks like a mix of the Clover family from Blazblue and either Kokonoe or Mu-13 with her gravity thing (we'll see which it's more like, if either). While I'm terrible with the Clovers they're my favourite characters to play against and Kokonoe is my third main (Rachel FTW, then Noel) so it should be clear how I feel about her. She's got a cool mix that manages to fit well into the smash environment by the looks of it... I'm actually quite impressed and interested in giving her a go... which is counter to my dislike for the character.

Her as Representation: 25%
Mario getting more representation is a good thing in my books, it's huge, and only getting bigger. Now, Galaxy isn't my favorite bit to rep, being in my opinion one of the weakest main series Mario games,it is hugely popular, and did spawn a fantastic sequel, so I can understand it's representation... It seems to be here to stay as well, so I can definitely accept it over say Waluigi... But Jr... not so much. While Junior reps Sunshine well, his real importance is to the New Super Mario (and Luigi) series, where he's a big part and a recurring boss... and those games are great! I generally prefer 2D mario, and the New Super Mario games are consistently fantastic, they deserve just as much representation too, and possibly more, than Galaxy in my eyes... and I think they'll get it.

Her as a Statement of Intent: 60%
Adding more Mario characters, and popular ones at that, seems to be of big importance; and while the Koopa Prince lacks the Clover style gimmick our Luma friend provides I severely doubt he'd be ignored after such a revelation. I now see no reason he won't be playable, and see his chances as way up in the 90s... It is understandable though that Rosalina was the first reveal though... not only does Luma look more interesting than a Bowser semi-clone, and cause a hell of alot of talk online!, but she has a more obviously cool website Image (the flying through the cosmos picture is pretty cool, and I can't think of anything Bowser Jr would have that impressive)... less so the other media though...

Her Trailer: 30%
While seeing the Kirby Air Ride and Mario Kart interaction was cool it missed out on F-Zero to be truly awesome. And the the Rosalina reveal wasn't built up as all that impressive, instead just kinda appearing there. Moreover the sound mixing was a bit lackluster, with really stark fade-ins that just sounded amateurish. That said it did everything it needed to, and showed her game-play in a good and cute way, it's just me being picky because of my work (I make adverts for a living, of course I'm going to criticise). The CG FMV looked great though, and the scenario was pretty cute, especially the Kirby High Five, so I was happier about it than not (mostly for the prettiness, not because of who it was), it just had some serious flaws and failed to get any real hype out of me.

Moreover I think Bowser Jr would have allowed for a more fun, humorous, trailer with his quirky attitude and charm... or more, I'm sure it will when we get it.

All in all I'm far happier than I thought I'd be at her inclusion, actually kinda liking her move set, reasoning (that play style is part of it) and what it likely means for Jr. I looked at her as her character, not what she meant in Smash... I'll have to try and think more that way from now on in the want ratings.

Slime*5
(Are goo looking for another creative character to disgush?)

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
since she's the only mario newcomer I would be entirely OK with, and that she got in, 100% satisfaction GUARANTEED! or your money back.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

um...

oh yeah, I nominate Deku Link 5 more times.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
Satisfaction: 50%

I feel extremely torn with Rosalina right now. It's funny, because I've always said that I would love to see Rosalina if Waluigi were already confirmed to be playable as well. But seeing just Rosalina damn near confirms that no other Mario rep will appear. Waluigi was my most wanted newcomer... :'(
On the other hand, she has an amazing moveset and looks to be one of the more unique characters in the game. But I just can't bring myself to be 100% pleased with it.

Want: 30%

Like I said earlier, had Waluigi been confirmed, my want for her would probably be 100%. There is no other potential Mario newcomer that I would have wanted over her.

HRR2b23

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2535-4498-3108
Satisfaction: 70%

I was pretty darn surprised when I saw the trailer, considering the fact that the Mario series is already pretty saturated, and with characters like Junior and PM getting so much attention it came as a pretty large shock to me when she was revealed. Having said that, after seeing her playstyle in the trailer I really like her moveset (as it stands now, anyways.) It looks like it's going to be a rather unique style and is nowhere close to a simple Peach clone.

Ephecus

Smash Apprentice
I was also surprised by her inclusion, but not displeased.

Satisfaction: 85 %
As a character Rosalina is pretty meh. Sure she is pretty to look at and I guess she has more backstory than most of the Mario-Cast (though that doesn't really say anything in the Mario-Universe) but ultimately she didn't really contribute anything special in the games she appeared in.
However I love what they did with her in the trailers. Her Luma-mechanic is very unique and reminds me of Orianna from LoL.
I never really supported any other Mario-Newcomers, but I if any other newcomer should've made it besides her I probably wanted it to be Paper Mario and he is the Mario-rep who got hurt the least in chances by her inclusion(which may still not be too high, sadly).

Outside of Smash I am a bit sad, that Rosalina now appears in everything and Daisy is pretty much cast aside for her usual Party/Kart-appearances. But a Smash-inclusion of Daisy would've been a bit silly anyways.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Satisfaction: 80%

I was always neutral to Rosalina as a Mario character. She seemed interesting in SMG and she's one of the Mario characters that actually has a backstory(even though it's not saying much). But after watching that reveal trailer I'm starting to become a fan. She looks like a really fun character to play with and she looks...FREAKING HUGE. I may be over exaggerating here, and she may just be as tall as Bowser or Samus but compared to peach she's an Amazon.

My other 20% is disappointment because I don't think Waluigi will make it to the roster now. But who knows if 5 Mario reps is the max for this game or not. If Waluigi doesn't make the cut then I'll be satisfied with the gargantuan space mom.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
so uhh ...
rosalina 100% satisfaction
she was absolutely beautiful in the trailer along with being one of my favourite characters. i was completely excited to see her
want 100%
like i said she was one of my most favourite characters i am happy that she is in ^_^
Prediction 2.14%
i don't feel nintendo dog will do well...
nominations
amaterasu+5
did i do it right?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Rosalina

Satisfaction: 70%. I'm saying that because I hugely supported Toad and Waluigi, each representing 15%. Now, I used to DESPISE Rosalina. Really. I didn't see much of anything unique in her, with her abilities being Spin Attack (Mario Tornado), Shield Bubble (Reflector), Magic Wand (Slow-moving projectile) and maybe Star Bits. But, enter the Luma. That changed everything. Using Lumas as tiny puppets is very interesting. And, with her gravity ability, she can basically snatch items (including catch-able projectiles, like Mega Man's Metal Blade) and use them for herself. It's rather interesting, to say the least. The Luma, following every move she makes and even launching Star Bits, absorbing damage for their queen and even moving in their spot all adds up to an interesting character. I say interesting a lot, don't I?

However, I'd also like to say that the fact that she's another female fighter, and one that is designed to look cute, may factor into my satisfaction as well. (That sounded wrong).

In the end, although I still want Toad or Waluigi badly, I'm glad Rosalina's in.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Can we still predict Nintendog? I guess I didn't before, and you usually take predictions as long as the next day hasn't started...

Nintendog: 0.34%
Being a puppy is not a promising start for a fighter. But a realistic puppy that isn't playable, and is also a background element and an AT already? Who is going to be giving this anything but a sliver?

-------------------------

Random thought: Donkey Kong should not count as "sort of a Mario rep". I don't get why people say that. Donkey Kong came into being at the same time as Mario's first appearance in a game named after him. Since Jumpman wasn't named Mario, I would argue that DK precedes Mario because of that. DK and some of his supporting characters appear in Mario spin-offs like Mario Kart, Mario Party and Mario sports games, and he sometimes stars in games with Mario (like Mario vs. Donkey Kong), but I don't think of it as DK being a part of the Mario universe. They're linked by the original Donkey Kong game, but Donkey Kong doesn't appear in main series Mario games or the RPGs. He has his own series which is one of Nintendo's biggest sellers (about tied with Legend of Zelda in sales). I don't think it's fair to act as if Donkey Kong and Diddy reflect more "Mario saturation" in Smash Bros. DK is his own thing

In hindsight it was stupid to presume there wasn't going to be a Mario newcomer; Mario sells games, sells consoles and basically prints money. You include a Mario newcomer if you want to sell. Seems obvious now.
But yet in Brawl, there was not only no Mario newcomer, but they cut a Mario character. I think it was reasonable to think that maybe they thought the Mario roster was complete. True, Rosalina wasn't much of a thing and Bowser Jr also has risen in prominence since Brawl, but it wasn't the case that there weren't any good choices for Brawl. And with Yoshi and Wario being Mario spin-offs, the amount of Mario representation is higher than just the ones with Mushroom icons.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
But yet in Brawl, there was not only no Mario newcomer, but they cut a Mario character.
I think it's safe to assume Wario's inclusion is associated strongly enough with Mario and the Mario series that it had the same effect as a Mario newcomer in Brawl. No one expected him to rep Warioware.

Yes, Warioware, not the Wario series. Besides a shoulder barge and that chomp move it's all ware.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Rosalina
Satisfaction: 60%

While I dont hate the idea, this was alot lower at first. Her mechanics impressed me, sort of like a puppet master character. This improved things, but im not all that impressed. She created very little hype for me.

I have a small feeling that she is somewhat undeserving at this point. She was featured in 2 Mario games, and now shes playable? Seems like they jumped the gun, but im not that upset. I would have much rather seen a whole slew of characters before her.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Yeah, I've been regretting that post for a while now and it wasn't long until it immediately bit me in the back. But I honestly was not expecting this, especially a confirmation this early. It just shows how much I underestimated Rosalina, so again I apologize.

I accept your apology. This is very kind of you.

i don't really care that ppl thought she had no chance (honestly a majority didn't, i actually thought she had a better shot as a assist trophy) because i respect everyone's rating in this thread. Its just a fun game in my eyes. I only get upset when someone doesn't respect the way i feel about a character's chances and then take a shot at my noms. I've given A LOT of zero ratings in general lol

My opinions are a bit strong tbh

Groose

Smash Champion
The reason I didn't have you guys leave any nominations today? Part of it was that I wanted you all to focus on Rosalina herself. Part of it was that I knew I was busy today and wouldn't have been able to update if I had to count noms. Yup. Groose thinks ahead.

Can we still predict Nintendog? I guess I didn't before, and you usually take predictions as long as the next day hasn't started...

Nintendog: 0.34%
Being a puppy is not a promising start for a fighter. But a realistic puppy that isn't playable, and is also a background element and an AT already? Who is going to be giving this anything but a sliver?

-------------------------

Random thought: Donkey Kong should not count as "sort of a Mario rep". I don't get why people say that. Donkey Kong came into being at the same time as Mario's first appearance in a game named after him. Since Jumpman wasn't named Mario, I would argue that DK precedes Mario because of that. DK and some of his supporting characters appear in Mario spin-offs like Mario Kart, Mario Party and Mario sports games, and he sometimes stars in games with Mario (like Mario vs. Donkey Kong), but I don't think of it as DK being a part of the Mario universe. They're linked by the original Donkey Kong game, but Donkey Kong doesn't appear in main series Mario games or the RPGs. He has his own series which is one of Nintendo's biggest sellers (about tied with Legend of Zelda in sales). I don't think it's fair to act as if Donkey Kong and Diddy reflect more "Mario saturation" in Smash Bros. DK is his own thing

But yet in Brawl, there was not only no Mario newcomer, but they cut a Mario character. I think it was reasonable to think that maybe they thought the Mario roster was complete. True, Rosalina wasn't much of a thing and Bowser Jr also has risen in prominence since Brawl, but it wasn't the case that there weren't any good choices for Brawl. And with Yoshi and Wario being Mario spin-offs, the amount of Mario representation is higher than just the ones with Mushroom icons.

Of course I'll count your prediction. I'm flexible.

As to Mario, I look at it this way:

Greater Mario Universe
Franchises
(Donkey Kong Franchise) (Mario Franchise) (Yoshi Franchise) (Wario Franchise)
Series
(Donkey Kong Country) (Classic Donkey Kong) (Donkey Konga) (Super Mario) (Mario Sports) (Mario Kart) (Mario Party) (Mario RPGs) (Misc. Spinoffs) (Yoshi's Island) (WarioWare) (Wario Land)
So, I see the DK games being under a "Greater Mario Universe" rather than in the "Mario Franchise." I only listed series that have three or more games; I also truncated things like "Mario Sports." I guess you can consider Smash a franchise in the Greater Mario Universe, but I personally don't.

Looking at that, it's pretty clear that the DK franchise has enough to differentiate itself from the Mario franchise; the Wario franchise does also. Yoshi is a little hairy, but he has had a number of spin-off titles, too.
When is the day ending, let's just get through bringing Cranky Kong on top of the list.
It's ending right now.

DAY OVER
BLUEPIKMIN DEMANDS IT

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Satisfaction: 95%

I honestly expected Junior to be the fifth newcomer. However, I was very surprised to see Rosalina and love her moveset. She has always been a interesting character to me, so I welcome that. Plus we have 2 of 4 newcomers that are females so far, which is good. Love the dress design and I give Sakurai props for making the dress look unique. Who knows? Maybe they will pull something and troll us with a sixth Mario character (hey a guy can dream right)?

Now if only one of my idiot friends stop thinking Yoshi is going to get cut and replaced by Rosalina, that'll be great...

Groose

Smash Champion
Satisfaction: 95%

I honestly expected Junior to be the fifth newcomer. However, I was very surprised to see Rosalina and love her moveset. She has always been a interesting character to me, so I welcome that. Plus we have 2 of 4 newcomers that are females so far, which is good. Love the dress design and I give Sakurai props for making the dress look unique. Who knows? Maybe they will pull something and troll us with a sixth Mario character (hey a guy can dream right)?

Now if only one of my idiot friends stop thinking Yoshi is going to get cut and replaced by Rosalina, that'll be great...
Don't worry. This one will be incorporated into the overall score. I'm taking things chill today, and I haven't finished entering all of the points yet.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Rosalina
Satisfaction: 60%

While I dont hate the idea, this was alot lower at first. Her mechanics impressed me, sort of like a puppet master character. This improved things, but im not all that impressed. She created very little hype for me.

I have a small feeling that she is somewhat undeserving at this point. She was featured in 2 Mario games, and now shes playable? Seems like they jumped the gun, but im not that upset. I would have much rather seen a whole slew of characters before her.
To be honest, she appeared in more than 2 Mario games: 3 main games (Galaxy, Galaxy 2, 3D World), and countless spinoffs such as Mario Kart Wii, Mario Kart 7, and Mario Party: Island Tour. Beside, she also brings a uniqueness to the table along with another popular female rep.

Groose

Smash Champion
Rosalina
80.74% Satisfaction

Rosalina was very positively received by this board. Her satisfaction score is higher than Little Mac's want score and about as high as most verterans. Her uniqueness made people double their pre-reveal want scores. It's quite clear that Rosalina may have a future as a well-received Smasher; most gripes are about how the character impacts the chances of others and how she isn't "deserving."

You know, this game has changed. I've seen faces come and go as I rate all your scores; trends sweep through and pass by. My point? Things aren't quite the same as when we started this whole shebang. For instance, our reactionary "want" ratings to the other three newcomers: (Mega Man: 71.25%) (Villager 67.75%) (Wii Fit Trainer: 46.55%). Hmm. I find it a bit odd that they're significantly lower than that of Rosalina. I think it may be because the demographic has changed. I've done some thinking, and I think it's time we re-rate them to bring them inline with Rosalina.

Today I'm asking you to rate Mega Man, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer in satisfaction. Yup. All of them. This way, we can have a bit of a better comparison to look at, you know? I'm sorry; that means Nintendog will wait one more day. This time tomorrow, the game will return to a state of complete normalcy. Please understand; a newcomer is so rare that two days' disturbance is not so bad. Additionally, I'm taking nominations today. Also, if you haven't yet predicted Nintendog's score, you can do so; you can also make revisions if need be.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Megaman Satisfaction: 75% He's alright, though I think he won't be my main.
Villager Satisfaction: 85% At first I was stunned that Villager made it over Tom Nook, but then I realized he was the main character for the whole AC series, I find this understandable I guess. Villager looks like lots of fun.
Wii Fit Trainer Satisfaction: 95% I love her so much, the fitness trainer was out of nowhere as a character, I was kinda angry first (Which is why the rating dropped a bit of a 5%), but then I grew on her very very fast. We need more random characters like these such as Kawashima I tell you. She looks like a fun machine to play as.
NOMINATIONS:
CRANKY KONG x5
(You guys better start nominating Cranky Kong)

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Mega Man Satisfaction: 25%

I'm fairly indifferent. Never played a Mega Man game, so I had no attachment to the character.

Villager Satisfaction: 90%

Very happy about his inclusion. Played Animal Crossing since the Gamecube version, and I'm happy the series finally got the recognition it deserves.

Wii Fit Trainer Satisfaction: 95%

I was upset when she was revealed instead of someone else at first, but she's honestly the most ingenious character selection that Sakurai has made since Mr. Game & Watch. I have no complaints whatsoever.

Nominations:

5x Daitoryo

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Megaman: 100%

He's exactly how I envisioned him, and that makes me happy. :D

Villager: 85%

He's cool and Animal Crossing definately deserved something, yet at the same time I have little to no connection to it so...

Wii Fit Trainer: 90%

After the initial shock and rage, I fell in love with this character. She's so funny and so unique while representing something we never thought smash would represent. I love it.

Overall, I'm quite satisfied with these guys, hopefully we get more cool ones soon.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
Mega-Man: 50% I didn't want him but I'm happy for all his supporters
Villager: 100% Animal Crossing character. Cool Moveset. Nuff said
Wii Fit Trainer: 95% Very nice and WTF addition. Interesting moveset, too.

D

Deleted member

Thank you once again for delaying the inevitable, Groose. Ugh, I don't think that Nintendog's day will go very well…
Villager, Mega Man, and Wii Fit Trainer Satisfaction had been added to this post.

I'll keep this one a bit brief as I am absolutely satisfied with all of first three newcomers.
Villager
Satisfaction: 100%
He has an incredibly fun looking moveset. Honestly, I didn't know about Sakurai's comments regarding the Villager as being too peaceful for the game, so seeing him made me think, "It's about freaking time." I'm glad Animal Crossing got a character and his moveset looks like it won't disappoint.
Mega Man
I did not have the reaction that most people had during E3. I am not a big Mega Man fan and I haven't played his games prior. So my reaction was simply, "Oh! Mega Man! That's cool! Now can you please confirm Luigi? I know he's unlockable, but I just wanna see him!" Mega Man wasn't my top 3rd party of choice; my choices were Sonic returning and have Bomberman be a newcomer. However, Mega Man deserves to be in this game just for how important he is to Nintendo. I love rooting for the underdog and Mega Man is indeed one for everything that he has been going through in recent years. Seeing him now makes me hope for the best for the Blue Bomber and his moveset definitely looks fun. I wish that he won't be unlockable as I want to try him out immediately.
Wii Fit Trainer
I was dumbfounded by her inclusion. I didn't hate it, but I kept on thinking "WTF? How is she a character?" Seeing her now, she has an absolutely whacky moveset that I can't hate her inclusion! I personally think that she wasn't a wasted slot, but her inclusion caught me off-guard the most. Definitely a character that I want to try out.

Nintendog Prediction: .05%

It's not that Nintendog's score will get lower because of PETA or anything like that. It will get a low score because the idea of playing as a realistic dog is highly unlikely. Despite the many breeds there are in Nintendogs, I am a firm believer that they are disconfirmed.

Nominations: Decloned Ganondorf 5x
After Ganondorf, I might nominate Amaterasu, Viridi (because why not), Bowser Jr., or 6 Mario characters.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
MegaMan: 50%. Largely indifferent. He looks cool, but it doesn't excite me.

Villager: 100%. I've been wanting this to happen since Brawl, so whoo hoo.

Wii Fit Trainer: 100%. I was going to main her until Rosalina showed up because she looks so fun.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Heheh, looks like I was right to give a comparison between my old votes yesterday...

Mega Man Satisfaction - 90% - I'd give him a perfect if I weren't trying to use him as a baseline for a character I'm exited about. He's such an iconic, loved character that he deserves to be in, has a play style so in tune with mine that I'm paining on maiming him, and is just so gosh darn amazing that he's my favorite of the newcomers as of now. While I have a feeling that there will be characters that I like more down the line, he's just about perfect.

Villager Satisfaction - 75% - I may not be a fan of Animal Crossing (I just don't have the time/patience to do tasks daily), but Villager certainly seems like a lot of fun. I may play as him for a few matches, though I doubt I will ever play enough to get the skills to master him. I'll probably like him quite a lot, though personally I'm not exited over him.

WFT Satisfaction - 50% - It's been almost half a year and I still don't know what to think. All that I know is that I have a gut feeling she's going to be a fairly high-tier character, and I'm not certain how I feel about that, either. I have a feeling I'll grow to like her once I star playing as her. The only side note to this is that if Miis are also confirmed, both of them can go into the incinerating wood-chipper.

Nominations
Dark Matter X5

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Villager
Satisfaction - 100%
a cute looking character that looks harmless but is deadly... satisfied they made someone with a unique random moveset

Mega Man
Satisfaction - 75%
I've always want to beat up Megaman with Jigglypuff... its been a dream of mine. His moveset however doesn't seem like something i would enjoy using.

Wii Fit Trainer
Satisfaction - 100%
A unique inclusion that really makes sense in a way... though she had no fanbase prior to this, she is indeed a very relevant character considering how huge Wii fit was. A better wtf? character than ROB imo.

Nintendog - 2.5%

x5 Tiny Kong

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Villager - 99%
an enjoyable looking character, through looks and moveset, along with his moveset looks like something I might use, I welcome his addition wholeheartly
and the minus 1% is because I would rather have nook
Mega man - 100%
awesome third party, amazing moveset that took what I thought it would look like, but increase it tenfold, great design, nothing left to say other than
ITS f***ING MEGAMAN!
Wii Fit Trainer - 90%
at first I was confused, but then impressed, she fits the quota, and looks like it could be good,
also my brother said as soon we get the game, he's apparently going to kick my but with her. . . again

Nintendo dog - 1.17%
doesn't seem to do too well, seeing as how we already got one as a stage and an assist trophy, along with peta being a hindrance . . .
Nominations
RoyX5
lets get him done now
come on, anyone? Roy only need 5 more!

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
What a wild day, yesterday! First came Hades and then came Rosalina. Just for the record, I'll also post my...well what would have been my want prior to their reveal.

VILLAGER

Want: 30% - I shared Sakurai's "non-fighter" attitude toward an Animal Crossing character.

Satisfaction: 90% - I'm happy to say that Sakurai changed his mind, as well as my own. The Villager looked incredible and well made. I want to try him at least once.

MEGA MAN

Want and Satisfaction: 100% - My most wanted character since Brawl. I'll be honest, I didn't actually have that much faith that Megaman would be included. I was also afraid that if he did get in, Sora would try some sort of gimmicky 8-bit sprite theme or something. I'm happy to say that wasn't the case as, while Megaman does retain an NES style, his model is fully 3d just like everyone else's (aside from G&W and possibly Paper Mario). Sakurai didn't stick to just Megaman 2, he incorporated various things from across the classic series and did a remarkable job designing his moveset being true to the source with outstanding creativity. Megaman looks absolutely phenomenal and he will undoubtedly and unquestionably be my main! My helmet's off to Sakurai for an amazing job well done!!

WII FIT TRAINER
Want: 50% - I would've been indifferent.

Satisfaction: 90% - But now that she is in, she looks excellent. It's nice to have something unexpected and it would look awesomely hilarious to see a physically fit mannequin running around getting, Bowser, Wario, and DeDeDe in shape! Yet another great example of why Sakurai is the man in charge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom