• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Let me see what I said before...
Skull Kid
Chances: 5%
His chances have met with a terrible fate, haven't they? Skull Kid's popularity comes mostly from Majora's Mask and he has appeared in Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess. While he has been in those games, they don't help his chances significantly. Skull Kid has popularity and demand, but the Zelda series is fine with just Link, Zelda/Sheik, and Ganondorf in my opinion. If we do get a fourth Zelda character, it will most likely not be Skull Kid. I just can't see him in the game at all.
Want: 0%
I just want to clarify that I love Majora's Mask and I think that it's better than Ocarina of Time in my opinion. Skull Kid was a pretty good villain in that game! However, just because I love Majora's Mask and finding Skull Kid to be a good villain doesn't mean that I want to see it in SSB4. I rather have Ghirahim (who I doubt will be on the roster) or just stay with the main Triforce trio. Anyone else I'm either indifferent on or don't want.
Before anyone tells me about the fourth Zelda character thing, this was made before Toon Link was confirmed and I was confident that he was going to get cut.
But now that Toon Link is back in Smash Bros., I think that there will definitely be 4 characters that will represent Zelda (we have Link and Toon Link, now we need Zelda and Ganondorf). If there was a fifth Zelda character, it wouldn't be Skull Kid. Skull Kid was popularized by Majora's Mask, a beloved or hated Zelda game depending on the person. While that game is a classic, that doesn't warrant Skull Kid a spot on the roster… even with Operation Moonfall and all of Nintendo's recent references to Majora's Mask.
I didn't know much back then in regards to some characters and Smash. But, now I realize that Skull Kid was supposed to meet a terrible fate to begin with. There are 3 Zelda characters that Skull Kid would of had to compete with for the 5th slot:
1. Toon Zelda/Tetra: She is now highly likely at this point thanks to Toon Link getting confirmed. With Toon Zelda being a part of the Forbidden 7 and having some requests, she seems like the most likely Zelda newcomer in my opinion.
2. Ghirahim: Like Skull Kid, Ghirahim is a one-time villain (but he could come back… I'll be positive about this for now). Unlike Skull Kid, Ghirahim has a ton of requests and is wanted by the west and Japan. He's nowhere near King K. Rool's, Mega Man's, or Palutena's level of requests, but he still has them. He is, in fact, the most wanted Zelda character in Japan, which matters the most.
3. Tingle: Yeah, I don't like Tingle, but he still has his fans and his popularity. While I think that his hate base in the west kills his chances, he was still an Assist Trophy regardless, had games that were released in Japan and Europe, and is one of the most reoccurring Zelda characters. So, he stands out as a potential Zelda newcomer.
With all of this in mind, I don't think that 5% chance would do Skull Kid justice. There was so much stacked against him that I would be honestly surprised if he was added on the roster. Heck, I was somewhat scared when I saw him on the SSB4 website as I thought, "Oh no, they didn't add Skull Kid in, did they?"
So, his new chance (as a playable character) is 1%.
Popular Zelda villain, but his competition was way too much for him to handle. Of course, this new chance percent doesn't matter as he is the first disconfirmed character.

As for want, it's still 0%.
Skull Kid getting added on the roster would make me disappointed. I love Majora's Mask, but there are so many other characters that I want to see before him. The Zelda character I want the most is Ghirahim and I know that he isn't going to happen.

Getting added in as an Assist Trophy was extremely fitting. He still has popularity as well as Majora's Mask, so I am glad that it's getting representation in this game. I just really, really hope that his attack as an Assist Trophy would be using the Moon to crash down on the battlefields of Smash.

Groose

Smash Champion
Look guys, sorry that this day went on this long. However, it's not my fault this time! Smashboards really was having server issues; I'm not sure how you all got on, but I was unable to access it for anything longer than a brief minute or two for the entire week. They've issued a statement saying they've fixed it on their Twitter and it appears to be working, so I'm getting to updating things now. Here, have some epic music while I start tallying noms.

Outside of that last surgery I had, I've always been efficient and updated at least five times a week. I hope you'll give me the benefit of the doubt and take my apology here.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Look guys, sorry that this day went on this long. However, it's not my fault this time! Smashboards really was having server issues; I'm not sure how you all got on, but I was unable to access it for anything longer than a brief minute or two for the entire week. They've issued a statement saying they've fixed it on their Twitter and it appears to be working, so I'm getting to updating things now. Here, have some epic music while I start tallying noms.

Outside of that last surgery I had, I've always been efficient and updated at least five times a week. I hope you'll give me the benefit of the doubt and take my apology here.
I don't blame ya mate, last Sunday I was unable to log in to these boards for 4 days straight, and even after that things were pretty shaky, something seems to be messing with the server, everyone is having the same problem so don't worry,
plus we all already know how efficient you are:) your good on keeping tabs and running this thing by yourself
also, that's some epic music mate:awesome:

Groose

Smash Champion
Klonoa Chance: 1%
His hat has the symbol of Namco's mascot. I think that very mascot is probable to appear, and Klonoa also has Lloyd as competition. He's out-muscled here; I can only see him getting in if there's some sort of special interest among the developers.

Klonoa Want: 25%
I don't think he holds up to the legendary status required for a third-party newcomer and I have no personal attachment to him; however, I do like his design. He seems to fit in with Nintendo pretty well. Still, I'd rather have Pac by a large margin.

Matthew Prediction: 4.21%
People are all in the Isaac bandwagon. There's good reason to be, too--importance>muh relevancy.

Groose x5

DAY WEEK WEEK AND A HALF OVER
RETURN OF GROOSE SMASHBOARDS

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
Wow, it's finally over. It was starting to feel like a Smashboards equivalent to Bill Murray's Groundhog Day.

Groose

Smash Champion
Klonoa (Klonoa)
1.66% chance (Pac Man: 54.99%) (Lloyd: 4.00%)
29.66% want (Pac-Man: 34.79%) (Lloyd: 28.34%)

WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA... yeah. Pac-Man chomped on Klnoa's chances, and Lloyd chipped away at Klonoa's want. I've added a comparison above with the other Namco characters we've rated. Very interesting!

Today we're rating Matthew. You guys know Isaac, the star of Golden Sun, right? Well, Matthew is the son of Isaac and is the protagonist in the latest game in the Golden Sun franchise. Does he have what it takes to steal the spot from his more-popular father? Please rate Matthew in chance and want.

Tomorrow we're rating Ninten. No, not Nintendo, Ninten! Please predict how Ninten will fare in tomorrow's game. Doing so can earn you extra nominations, like those won by Colder than Ice.

Finally, as you're no doubt aware, Skull Kid has been revealed to be an Assist Trophy. I've accordingly deconfirmed him on the OP. If you think that he could still be a playable character, I will remove the "DECONFIRMED" from next to his name. I suspect we'll see a new character announcement within the next week and a half (it has been over a month since the last character reveal), so I may be adding another confirmed tag soon!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Matthew chance: 4% Matthew will be overshadowed by Isaac, Isaac being the better (and best) representative for Golden Sun.
Matthew want: 30% I don't really care what happens to Golden Sun.
Ninten prediction: 6.7% He would ideally be a good choice for a 3rd Mother rep, but Porky is a much better choice.
Nominations:
x5 Nintendog (I could use some help nominating the puppy)

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Isaac's ignored son: 1.21%
he's ignored for a reason, the only thing he has in his favor is recently, Isaac is the face of the series, has been in more games, and is generally more liked than Matthew, he's not getting in unless Isaac is
want: 0%
I don't even like Isaac much, much less don't even want Matthew
Nintendo pun: 0.97%
mother is not getting another rep, and porky and clause are generally more liked, ninten has no chance
Nominations:
dark pitX1
RoyX4

D

Deleted member

It seems as though that we have come to a consensus that Pac-Man is the most probable Namco character. Between them though, we just don't really care for them or just don't want them. Interesting how Klonoa beat Lloyd in want.

Matthew has been added to this post.

Matthew
Chance: 1%
I was going to abstain, but even with my limited knowledge on Golden Sun, even I know that Issac is the most likely character to represent Golden Sun. If Olimar's reveal taught us anything, it would be that the most recent character won't get in over the face of a franchise. Issac is the face of Golden Sun and would be the best character to represent that series. His son… not-so-much...
Want: 2%
If I want a Golden Sun character, it would be Issac. Even then, I would be highly indifferent on Issac's inclusion.

Ninten Prediction: 1.83%
Ninten is one of the most likely characters for an unlikely spot on the roster. Rating him will definitely be interesting seeing that he is the first Mother protagonist.

I've thought about what I wanted to nominate next during the 10 days. Since Bowser and Pit are getting overhauls and new moves and we've rated if Yoshi will get overhauls, how about we rate if THIS character will get overhauls.
Nominations: Decloned Ganondorf 5x
When it comes to characters getting overhauls and new movesets, you bet Ganondorf is the first character that comes to mind.

As for Skull Kid getting disconfirmed, I don't think that it is worth it to re-rate him. He's going to get a bunch of zeroes in chance anyway and it would be odd to see him be playable AND be an Assist Trophy.

Morbi

Scavenger
Matthew Chance: 100%
"Muh relevancy"

Matthew Want: 100%
Isacc should stay an assist trophy.

Ninten Prediction: 1%
This one isn't even a troll.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Matthew: 1%.
Ninteneverlocalized: 3%
Nominate:
I was gonna be mean and renominate Omastar but since P:M 3.0 came out I'ma nominate my boy Roy x 5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Matthew: Matthew suffers from a few key problems that i think will hurt him greatly. One is not only other Misc. Competition (Most notably Shulk and Little Mac), but within his own series. Isaac and even Felix are more iconic, seeing as Golden Sun left its impact on the GBA, but Dark Dawn, while good, never reached the high bar GS and GS:TLA did. Its his own series that gets him this percentage. 2%

Want: I'll take him as a Golden Sun rep, but I feel Isaac is far more deserving. To me, I'll be annoyed that he was chosen over many other characters. The only reason he is not a 0 is that Golden Sun needs a rep. 2%

Nominating Beast Ganon x5
Ninten Prediction:1.5%

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Matthew
Chance: 0.5%
Isaac and...... well Isaac.

Doesnt matter if Matthew is more recent, Isaac is the guy to represent the series hands down.

Ninten: 2.3%

Nominations:
Goemon x5

Groose

Smash Champion
1) OP updated. Five or more characters added to the results, Special Thanks Updated, Music Section slightly updated, Directory added. Still need to get Matthew music, but I'll just grab it later.

2) If you guys ever need to contact me and this site is down, go to GameFAQs and start spamming "GROOSE WHERE ARE YOU" threads. I'll get the hint.

...and it was happening just as I added it to the OP. I hope you don't mind being called "our resident Tingle;" I mean no offence by the term and I think it's so witty that it's never changing.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Matthew

Chance - 3% - If push came to shove, the developers may force Matthew onto Sakurai, as the series is planning to continue with Mathew instead. However, typically the most famous of the main protagonists go first, so I'd say Issac is significantly more likely.

Want - 41% - Ehhh... Issac has my interest more. Yes, they can do virtually the same things, but Matthew getting in over Issac just doesn't sit well with me. I put this more because I desire a "timeless" roster, a roster that can stand the test of time, one where character selections still make sense several years down the line. Who's to say Matthew won't get replaced down the line? I also have a feeling that more people will be happy with Issac.

Ninten Prediction - 6.4% - He may have some sort of vague semi-support, but he shouldn't do well at all. Pulling past 10% would be a miracle.

Nominations
Hades X3
Dark Matter X2

D

Deleted member

..and it was happening just as I added it to the OP. I hope you don't mind being called "our resident Tingle;" I mean no offence by the term and I think it's so witty that it's never changing.
I'm glad that it has finally been added to the original post! I don't mind the name by the way; it's kinda clever since I am pretty much the map creator. :p

Now that my section has been added to the OP, do you want me to continue editing that post or will you do that from now on? I'll continue editing it if you want as I don't mind doing that.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
2) If you guys ever need to contact me and this site is down, go to GameFAQs and start spamming "GROOSE WHERE ARE YOU" threads. I'll get the hint.
huh, now we have an indirect way to signal you, along with an alternative way to piss off gamefaqs . . . I like it!
Edit: found a better picture:awesome:
wolf approves.png

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Matthew
Chances:
Golden Sun is one of Nintendo best selling unrepresented series, with 2.7 3.7million units sold in the series. edit: my bad. So the series does stand a chance of getting rep. But who should that rep be? I think that there is a reasonable chance it could be Matthew.

Court is now in session! (this is convenient since I had jury duty today)
No jaytalks, it's going to be Isaac!

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.

Generally, Smash reflects the previous video game generation in its representation. Zelda is the best example of this. Brawl was filled with TP and WW references, with Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf being in their TP appearances, while Toon Link was a nod to WW. SSB4 has been filled with both TP and SS (remember TP was a Wii Launch title) references, and Link appears to be a mix of a TP and SS Link.

With that in mind, it's reasonable to think that Golden Sun could be represented by Dark Dawn in terms of its character selection. Has the first protagonist in a generational series not being repped and picked over another hero from another generation? Yes, it happened with the original Smash, as Ness got in over Ninten (how topical!). Remember, 64 was intended to be only for Japan originally, so that Japan only status wouldn't matter.

But Isaac is more well known to Smash Players as an AT?

Yeah, I generally don't buy that for a couple of reasons. First of all, Isaac did not beat out Matthew as a rep. Matthew didn't exist when Brawl came out. So it's a different situation than AT's like Waluigi, who beat out other members existing members of his series. Secondly, we apply this AT boost separately by characters and series. AT status doesn't help Samurai Goroh, Devil, and Knuckle Joe as much as it helps Isaac. I have yet to see an AT appearance help a character make it in. I can understand an AT appearance helping a character's chance when he/she beat other characters (examples being Waluigi), but I don't see it aiding them against newly created characters (as Lyn doesn't beat out Chrom/(insert other Awakening Rep here) in most people's eyes).

But Isaac is more requested?

Isaac is more requested but popularity is not the be all end all. I think popularity gets you to door, but popularity doesn't put you over other characters. Isaac doesn't really have that strong a name recognition outside of the hardcore Smash and GS communities. So there really wouldn't be some type of large protest with his exclusion as some make it sound. In all honesty, many Smash players wouldn't even know the difference. A Blonde haired swordsman who can make a giant hand? Wasnt he an AT in Brawl?

But this is the key point: Sakurai picks whoever he wants and with (a lot of) help from that series' developer. Should GS get another release, Matthew stands to be a better rep for the series' future. And should Sakurai consult second party developer Camelot (as he does with other series like FE and those pokey man), it's very possible they would recommend Matthew, as they have said that Matthew's saga is the real story of the Golden Sun series, as the first two were intended as a prologue, according to the Takahashi Bros: " And for us, as far as the whole Golden Sun setting, the world, the storyline for us, in our minds, Golden Sun 1 and 2 are prologues to the real event yet to come… So those games are created—again, from our viewpoint—as a way of introducing this world to the game players."

But, in the end, there is a certain classicness that Isaac exudes. It's definitely added by his appearance in Brawl, but even without that, it's hard to discount his chances. But we are talking about chances, and it would be foolish to let groupthink discount a character's chances all together, without considering important factor's like developer input.

THE VERDICT:
Matthew = 30%. Keep in mind, I tend to rate lower than everyone else with most things. For instance here, I would give Isaac maybe a 45% chance.

Want: 100%. I nominated him like 15 times in a row or something, and made this really long post.

Ninten's chances: 2.45%

Nominations: Micaiah x5

Matthew
Chance: 1%
I was going to abstain, but even with my limited knowledge on Golden Sun, even I know that Issac is the most likely character to represent Golden Sun. If Olimar's reveal taught us anything, it would be that the most recent character won't get in over the face of a franchise. Issac is the face of Golden Sun and would be the best character to represent that series. His son… not-so-much...
With Olimar, there's three things consider.
1) These are two different situations. One is a series getting its first rep; the other is the series having a rep cut for a new rep. We are talking about going from an unrepresented series to having 1 rep with Golden Sun. Pikmin by replacing Olimar would be cutting 1 rep to have a newcomer rep. The process for Sakurai is very different; one involves cutting and the other doesn't.
2) Pikmin 3 was released long after the Smash 4's development had begun. So that would there's less of a chance Sakurai would select these characters at the roster making process, given that he would possibly have more limited information about them. We can't assume all developers give Sakurai all info about a given title. His information gathering process ended around this year's E3, prior to the game's release.
3) None of the Pikmin newcomers have been deconfirmed. Sure, there is a really, really low chance that they will be in the game, but there is still the possibility.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Golden Sun only sold 2.7 Million units? That is best selling? I never knew it was that bad...

Disclaimer: :awesome:
I forgot to add this.
my bad. It's around 3.65 million. keep in mind that Nintendo mainstay FE just broke the million mark, so each game in the series selling such a high amount is good for a newer JRPG series.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Wow, it's been a while. Great to see the forums are back in shape, and only missed stuff like Cranky and Skull Kid.

On to the topic
Matthew
Chance - 1%
I am of the opinion that the chances for a Golden Sun character are highly overrated. Unless I hear of a Golden Sun game in the works, I'll continue to think so because so far there really has been no indication from neither Nintendo nor Camelot that the series will even continue or that they think about it in any way.
Along with that, regardless of the great arguments above, Isaac just really is the face of the series no matter what we want to think. Even if Camelot wants to think Matthew is the real main character, the fact that fan polls and popularity want lists have Isaac more than they'll ever have Matthew means that when the time comes, if they choose a Golden Sun character it will be to cater to the fans (Isaac) rather than to cater to Camelot. With Fire Emblem and Pokemon of course Sakurai would defer more to the developers since at least for those the franchises are already established in Smash thanks to Marth and Pikachu.

Want - 15%
Sure, I guess I'd be ok with him, but I'd rather see a whole slew of characters before him.

Prediction
Ninten: 2.24%
People already doubt Earthbound/Mother getting another rep. For it to be Ninten is a bit more of a push.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Is that...a Golden Sun round? Why yes, yes it is!

Matthew - 2.5%
I might be undershooting a bit here, but Matthew's got a pretty core problem compared to his dad: his game was a failure. The game sold less than either of the previous two titles, received middling reviews, and is generally viewed as a disappointment by fans of the series. It's pretty telling that Camelot has been relegated to Mario Tennis and Golf since DD's debut three years ago instead of working on a fourth Golden Sun. In terms of Smash Bros, Matthew simply isn't the all-star of Golden Sun. That honor goes pretty clearly to Isaac, the protagonist of the original and still most successful entry in the series. He's very visible in all three games even as his importance is diminished with each entry, more so than any other character, and is generally well liked within the fandom. There's also the whole Assist Trophy issue, though that really just kind of seals the deal on what's already a pretty clear-cut choice. Sakurai could always surprise us, but expect Isaac to represent Golden Sun if anyone, and perhaps expect Matthew as an alternate costume presuming that's a cast-wide feature.
Want - 75% - I may want Isaac more, but let's be clear: any playable Golden Sun character is far better than no playable Golden Sun character.

Ninten - 3%
It's going to be a rough round, but I'm guessing an optimist or two will pull the numbers up a bit.

Nominations
Blaziken x5

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
The game sold less than either of the previous two titles, received middling reviews, and is generally viewed as a disappointment by fans of the series. It's pretty telling that Camelot has been relegated to Mario Tennis and Golf since DD's debut three years ago instead of working on a fourth Golden Sun.
Metacritic: 79. Sure, its under where GS and GS:TLA were, but the truth is that the turn based JRPG just doesnt do good with modern day reviewers. But its not as bad as people make it sound.

For example:
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy: 81
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies: 81
Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem (DS): 79http://www.metacritic.com/game/ds/mario-vs-donkey-kong-mini-land-mayhem

And after GS:TLA, it was another 8 years until another entry in the GS series. So I doubt they have been "relegated" just after 3 years. Or they would have been "relegated" after the highly successful GS:TLA.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Matthew

25% chance
If his dad scored an AT in Brawl he can score one now too. However like his father then I can't see him achieve anything else, but he might be lucky if they decide to give Golden Sun a go. Isaac may be the more popular character but to they may as well be the same character because the contest would be between the two.

10% want.
I don't care much for Golden Sun characters in smash anymore, I actually sorta forgot about it sorry. I blame Xenoblade, and Fire Emblem my rpg favorites.

Ninten
1% He could be a palette for Ness can't see why they would get him in other than to replace Ness.
1% want

x5 Tiny Kong

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I didn't have any Smashboards-connection issues at all, except for a brief period about two nights ago. Weird.

Matthew 11% I think a Golden Sun 4 3DS is inevitable, but it might just star a new protagonist, leaving Matthew the least significant between the new one and his father, Isaac.
predict: 2.2%

Ryu (Street Fighter) x5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Matthew

Chance: 0.4%
Matthew over Isaac is as likely as Alph was over Olimar, or Chrom and Lucina replacing Marth. If there's a face of Golden Sun, it's Isaac, who is basically the Marth to Golden Sun.
Golden Sun itself isn't as popular over in Japan as it was, and Matthew's game not only did less well than his father's game, it also didn't do as well as Felix's but because Matthew is more recent and shares the more iconic design of Isaac, it feels like this is why Matthew gets any attention at all.
I'm aware sales aren't everything, but considering Dark Dawn sold a total of 80,000 copies and the original Golden Sun sold 338,000 copies...well simple math states more Japanese people know Isaac better than they know Matthew.

Want: 4%
Like most the world, if there's gonna be a Golden Sun representative, I think Isaac makes a whole lot more sense as that choice than Matthew or Felix. It's only as high as that because I do want some more Golden Sun content within this Smash Bros. Matthew's just not the way to go about it.

Ninten: 2%
Pushing it slightly here as three Mother characters most likely with similar playstyles may seem redundant, but Sakurai's done it before with Star Fox. That said I'm sure most people who WOULD want a third Mother rep would pick Claus or Porky before Ninten.

Nominations:
Tails X 5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Matthew's chances: 1% - If we get a Golden Sun rep, I think it will be Isaac.
Want: 15%

Ninten: 3.19%

Muddy Mole x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Matthew:
Likelihood: 5%
Isaac is the face of the Golden Sun series, and got recognition as an Assist Trophy in Brawl. Dark Dawn wasn't well received, either. Simply put, he's overshadowed by his father.

Want: 40%
Any Golden Sun character is fine in my book, but I don't like Matthew much as I haven't played Dark Dawn.

Ninten prediction: 3.4%
From what I've seen, Smashboards likes Porky and Masked Man far more.

Tingle x 5

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Character
Matthew
Chance: 3.5% His father has more chances, examples: Marth and Olimar, the exception could be Ness but seeing that the first Earthbound didn't get much popularity until the second one and that improve the formula in many points it only expected that Ness would be the one requested especially because of the resemblance to his counterpart.
Want: 15% Isaac first, his second comes in second.

Prediction
Ninten: 1.00% Claus, Porky and even Gygas have more chances than him.

Nomination
Travis Touchdown x 5

.n_n.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Matthew
Chance: 3% - Isaac has a much better chance of course, but I wouldn't say that Matthew is completely out of the question.
Want: 89% - Maybe it's just because Dark Dawn was the only Golden Sun game that I ever played, but I'd prefer Matthew over Isaac.

Ninten prediction: 2.2%

Nominations: Eevee x10

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Matthew:

Chance: 8%
2nd party, possible future plans... ulikely though.

Want: 25%
Want Isaac more, but he's basically the same character.

Ninten: 1.7%
MOTHER is dead.

Slime*5

*sorry guys, it's christmas, got a bunch of ads working and not enough time to sit a write proper discussions/slime puns, but I have no plans to stop rating their chances*

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Don't sweat it Groose. As I said in my previous post at that point I couldn't access the site since the aforementioned day. I don't even know how you guys got through...who ever it was that came before Klonoa. We all had server porblems so its all right! On that note...

Our host has survived a groosome operation and our boards a smashing crash. Both have emerged stronger and better than ever!:shades:

Matthew

Chance: 40% - I'll be the odd man out here and give him a higher score. If we get a Golden Sun character it'll definately be him or Issac. Though Isaac DOES have the better chance.

Want: 65% - I'd rather have Isaac, but I won't say no to Matthew. The important thing is, GS needs a playable character.

Ninten Prediction: 1% - General consensus is Ness and Lucas are all we need from Mother.

Nominations:
Nintendog x5

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Matthew
Chance 14%
I'd say there's about a 40% chance for a Golden Sun rep, but I think it's pretty clear that Isaac eats up most of his chances. But even then, I don't think Matthew should be dismissed as a possibility, like many people seem to be doing. He's still the most recent protagonist of the latest game, and will likely be the future protagonist of any sequels that come out later, so I don't understand how anyone could call him an impossibility when he has almost as good of a shot as Isaac, even if Isaac makes more sense in most of our minds.
Want 99%
I REALLY want a Golden Sun rep, and even if I prefer Isaac, I wouldn't really mind at all if we got Matthew instead. There would just be that lingering part of my heart that would be upset that it's not Isaac, but I could care less.

Ninten 3.1%

Nominations
Jimmy T. x5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom