• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Klonoa:

Likelihood: 5%. Not too likely, in my eyes. Pac-Man and Lloyd seem like they'd go before him.
Want: 15%. I've never played the games. Pac-Man's my top choice for a Namco character, with Dig Dug as 2nd, Lloyd as 3rd and this guy as 4th.

Matthew Prediction:

20%. People will want him, think he's likelier than Isaac, but I think Isaac's the better choice in likelihood and want.

Nominations:

Quote (Cave Story) x5

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Klonoa

Chance: 3 %. Namco-Bandai has the whole Tales series at their disposal, and Klonoa coming in over Pac-Man is a slim chance, even though the former would have a more varied moveset.

Want: 10%. he would be interesting, but Lloyd should get it.

Matthew prediction: 20%. He has a decent chance, especially if another Golden Sun comes out that has him in it (here's hoping).

Nominations:

Neku x 5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Klonoa
Chance: 0% - There are a lot of Namco characters that can get in ahead of him.
Want: 66% - He's a cool character with a unique move set potential. He's more than welcome is Smash.

Matthew prediction: 7.4%

Nominations: Eevee x5

D

Deleted member

With a 7.52% chance, it seems as though Skull Kid met with a terrible fate and was doomed to begin with. Despite this, there was still a sizable amount of people who wanted to see him playable with a 41.47% want.

We all knew that Assist Trophies were going to return in this game. But, do you think that this could affect the chances of already existing Assist Trophies like Little Mac, Issac, and Samurai Goroh? Are they worth rating again?

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Klonoa
Chance: .01%
Because of Pac man...

Want: .001%

Prediction for Matthew: 2.21%

Nominations:
Pac Man x5

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
So we're already to Klonoa? Ever since Thanksgiving, I couldn't even access the site until this morning.

Klonoa

Chance: 3% - I won't say it's impossible, just highly unlikely. He's not particularly legendary although I think his chances are slightly better than, say, Rayman.

Want: 70% - That said, he is my most wanted character from Namco next to Cless or Lloyd. I've never actually played any of his games but somehow I've always had an interest in the guy.

Matthew Prediction: 20% - The universal consensus is that Issac is the most likely character from Golden Sun.

Nominations:
Nintendog x5

tekkie

Smash Master
likeliness: 10%. wishful thinking, but everything from the lukewarm history on Nintendo consoles to the cartoony design makes me think there's a significant chance.

want: 100%. i'm not even joking when i say Klonoa's inclusion in Smash 4 would be enough for me to buy a Wii U.

D

Deleted member

We've been rating on Klonoa for a long time… for a week exactly...

D

Deleted member

I guess we'll have to wait for a while. But hey, at least we didn't rate Klonoa as long as Bomberman, right? Anyways, here is some music while you wait.

D

Deleted member

. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
S*** that's long, also I find it ironic that the ddos thing happened on bomberman's day. . . . . .
I guess that Bomberman made SmashBoards EXPLODE and made it CRASH for a very long time! Hahaha...

In all seriousness, we were unable to get onto this website at all and you would automatically go to Wordpress.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I want to get to Nintendog's day already.. D:

I understand the sentiment, though not the particular character interest...

I want Slime re-vote already, especially with the Bravely Default sequel revealed, Dragon Quest 10 expansion and DQM2-3DS hype rolling out in japan and the general closeness of the two companies becoming closer again. And let's not forget the rumors and fan fever over the FF, DQ and Tales crossover that may or may not ever happen...

A fair bit has happened for the little blob, and ALOT has changed for his parent company (and especially for Black Mage given BD has pushed the old job system even further away from the modern FF brand)... and I'd be only a few days away were it not for those pesky server downs.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Klonoa

Chance - 0%

Want - 0%

Matthew - 5%

Tiny Kong x5

so guys, what should we do if groose doesn't show up anytime sooner or later?
maybe a mod can take over for a while till he gets back? idk. this is a bit of a predicament if the thread stays stagnant.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Klonoa

Chance 0% There are way better 3rd parties that have way more chance.

Want 0% How did he get any votes?

Matthew 12% Isaac is definitely going to be the Golden Sun rep. Which totally ruins his chance.

Noms
Pichu x5

Groose

Smash Champion
Welp, I don't know how you guys managed to get here, but it's been Crashboards for me. I'll get to updating things later today, providing the servers manage to stay up that long. In the meantime, why not discuss our first ever out-and-out character deconfirmation, Skull Kid?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Skull Kid
Chance: 0% playable, 100% Assist Trophy
Skull Kid is the first 100% officially disconfirmed character for SSB4WiiU/3DS making him the Samurai Goroh of this generation. He had strong competition in terms of fellow Zelda representation, not only as a playable character but as an assist trophy. In fact when you stop and think about Skull Kid's reveal as an Assist Trophy and realise that he had to beat off stiff competition from fellow Zelda characters for even THAT, he's done amazingly well.

Obviously being a playable character is the ultimate desire and honour, but considering we were told to expect less newcomers this time round, even getting in as an Assist is quite the accomplishment.

Rivals for positions as playable and/or assists are as follows:
Toon Zelda: planned for Brawl as playable
Toon Sheik: hope to god this was Tetra, but same deal as above
Tingle: Brawl Assist Trophy...has he been promoted to playable, remaining as an AT or has Skull Kid even bumped him out of a role?
Impa
Vaati
Ghirahim

To think that Skull Kid, the main villain from a game that was out before even Melee was released(and without a remake either) managed to beat off stiff competition from the above to become SSB4's (first?) Zelda Assist Trophy is pretty impressive.

Want: 100%(Assist Trophy), 35%(Want for playable prior to his reveal)
Majora's Mask is probably my second favourite in the series just after Wind Waker, so I'm thrilled it got some attention here. I can't wait to unleash him and let him throw the GODDAMN MOON at my opponents. That is awesome.

I'm gonna sound pretty harsh here, and I'm fully expecting a rebuttal aimed at Toad, but this is quite possibly the best realistic outcome for Skull Kid. He's most famous for Majora's Mask, but hasn't exactly had many major appearances outside that game, with the exception of Twilight Princess.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
woohoo, the groose is back, probably in the nick of time too . . .
oh well anyway skull kid is the first official disconfirmed character, not only shown as a assist trophy, but to even get explained by sakurai that he is not a playable character, so he gets an my first official zero (in this game) to him 0% oh and want would've been an 5%
now what does surprise me though is that he manage to get assist trophy status faster than the other prime assist Zelda characters (impa, tingle, vaati) the rivals really left him with a minor chance to even make it as an assist, and yet he was the first one revealed . . . just makes ya think,
well anyway assist trophy 100% (also one of my firsts): he's confirmed, nothing else to talk about form there
Want: 60%
I always wanted a way for the moon to be interpreted as a move with out skull kid wasting a slot, this (hopefully) makes that work, the only reason why his want is this low, is because I might have prefer a different Zelda assist, but I didn't know so I just went with 60%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom