• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
Villager: 100%
Animal Crossing has become a more mainstream Nintendo franchise and certainly deserves a rep. The only reason that I didn't initially expect an AC rep of any kind is because of a comment Sakurai had previously made about post-Pikmin games being too peaceful (I believe that was said in a copy of Nintendo Power). However, seeing such a faithful homage to the Animal Crossing series does my heart good. Seeing the Villager - a character who was previously shot down by Sakurai himself - show up is the very reason my faith in Ridley's inclusion surfaced. I just feel like a character that a sliver of the fanbase doesn't think can work can still be in the game faithfully if a character the developer himself rejected works perfectly.

Mega Man: 100%
One of two third-parties I'm actually A OK with (the other being Sonic). He honestly seems more like a retro character than a third-party because of how much attention to detail went into him. He wasn't on my wishlist, but I could see him coming, and I'm glad he did.

Wii Fit Trainer: 90%
I legitimately thought that she was an April Fool's joke when I first saw the trailer...and then I realized that it was June. But I won't act like Wii Fit isn't a successful franchise just because it's for "casual gamers". Heck, I put in Wii Fit every once in a while just for kicks! She makes perfect sense, but the Smash community generally found her to be too much of an outlandish character simply because she represents a game that probably isn't on their minds too much. I've certainly warmed up to her inclusion.

Rosalina & Luma: 100%
Originally, I didn't like the thought of there being a fifth Mario character, but because they picked a character who doesn't irritate me - and then gave her a really interesting mechanic - I'm sold. Galaxy is my favorite 3D Mario game, and tied for my favorite overall Mario game with Super Mario World, so how could I complain?

Little Mac: 375% (100%)
As I said yesterday, he's the first newcomer to surface from my wishlist, and they made him look so much more interesting than "a guy who just punches". His inclusion alone has gotten me SO ABSOLUTELY HYPED for this game!

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Villager

100%- I love Animal Crossing, and his moveset looks great.

Mega Man

65%- His moveset looks really cool, but I have no attachment to the character.

Wii Fit Trainer

80%- Hilarious choice, with a unique but kind of boring moveset.

Rosalina

100%- Never really wanted Toad, Waluigi, or Bowser Jr., and I didn't even think of Rosalina. But the way Sakurai made her is just amazing. The puppeteer moveset is great. (I still want Petey Piranha though)
:c

D

Deleted member

Previously revealed newcomers satisfaction has been added to the Directory.
If you have rated the other characters in satisfaction, please check back on those days!

I'll keep these brief.

Villager
Satisfaction:
90%

10% less than before. However, I am glad to see him enter in Smash. He has a fun moveset and has covered a crack that was open in Brawl for me. I was heavily surprised that an Animal Crossing character wasn't added in Brawl and seeing him now made me think, "It's about time!" Not a character that I would be using often, but still a character I'm glad about nonetheless.

Mega Man
Satisfaction:
100%

I am not a massive Mega Man fan. In fact, I've played the games right after his reveal. In all honesty, they are not my cup of tea. But should that make me not happy to see Mega Man? NO! I am glad to see Mega Man in this game! He has one of the most interesting movesets in Smash! I hope that he isn't unlockable because I want to try him out immediately! His trailer definitely sold what the character can do in Smash. I am also glad to see him get the love that he so desperately deserves and needs. As I've mentioned on Amaterasu's day that I was hoping to see her instead of Mega Man. If I was the director of Smash, I wouldn't cut Mega Man for Amaterasu for the simple fact that Mega Man deserves this and he's earned it. As of right now, Mega Man is my 3rd most wanted 3rd party for Smash 5, right behind Sonic and Bomberman. I would love to see Bomberman get in Smash to see these two duke it out.
EDIT: Oh, and I love this compilation of reaction videos:

Wii Fit Trainer
Satisfaction: 30%

I kept thinking about it and… she just isn't exciting. She is by far the least exciting out of the E3 3. I like how whacky the moveset is, I mean she attacks with freaking Yoga poses, but it's definitely something that isn't as interesting as a moveset with a bunch of projectiles, objects in hammer-space, and quick and powerful punches. I would have been more receptive if she was revealed when the game got released.

Rosalina
Satisfaction:
0%

Auto-zero every time. I don't care how unique she is; she got in over my most wanted newcomers. I will never forgive her for that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Villager- 90%- Called it, didn't really care. I expected Villager.
Megaman- 75%- Didn't call it, expected no Megaman, was a tad surprised. I would have chose X, though.
WFT- 100%- Called it, she looks amazing. Will main.
Rosetta- 50%- Meh.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I don't like doing this after Mac, because the hype leads to completely inevitable overinflation of scores

Villager - 100%
Mega Man - 100%
Wii Fit Trainer - 100%
Rosalina - 100%

All the characters are completely different, all seem fun to play as, and even the unexpected (WFT, Rosalina) have grown to me so quickly that overall I just can't wait for the game.
Interestingly, Little Mac is the ONE newcomer so far that I have no interest in using, even though I love his inclusion, his fighting style, and he's my second most wanted. But seeing him in Smash and seeing how the roster is shaping up, right now I'm just really really really happy with what Sakurai is doing, and I'm not sure if it's because this time they're actually doing a phenomenal job of hyping up each character reveal, but I'm more hyped for this game than I was even for melee and it seems like it'll definitely be the best possible Smash we could have.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Alright, this is easy.

Villager: 100%
Wii Fit Trainer: 100%
Rosalina: 100%

Sakurai really went all out and made each character as unique and entertaining as possible. Not one of these characters bears resemblance to anything we've seen thus far, hyping me for a possible no clone Smash Bros (well newcomer wise that is). Villager looks amazing, and really captures the spirit of the light-hearted AC. Mega Man is self-explanatory, you can understand how excited I was to finally have Mega Man in Smash Bros, just like everyone else. WFT is just so unexpected, but a really great addition nonetheless, she'll be tons of fun. Rosalina's puppeteer mechanic is amazing, and honestly intrigued me the most out of any other's playstyle.

I'll probably use the characters in this order (frequency wise)
1. Little Mac
2. Mega Man/Rosalina
3. Mega Man/Rosalina
4. Villager
5. WFT

I love 'em all though.

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I'm happy we're getting newcomers, of course. I'm not going to inflate scores just because I'm naturally happy that we're getting additions at all. Only if I give a very low score would it mean I was upset.

Villager: 57%
About the same as Little Mac. I'm not into the series, and he's not that exciting for me. But the move set is... interesting.

I love Mega Man. The only thing I would change as of now is give him more facial expression. I know he's a robot, but he's not generally portrayed as that emotionless.

Wii Fit Trainer: 75%
A pick from out of left field. She looks like she could be up my alley as far as play style. Still wanting to find out more about her specials... If that solar power and deep breathing are specials, that might change the opinions of those who say she just uses basic yoga move attacks.

Rosalina: 82%
A lot of the lower scores for her are just Toad/Bowser Jr/Waluigi/Paper Mario fans being salty as hell and it's kinda annoying. She looks fun, and she is not as undeserving as they say. And who knows? Maybe we'll still see one of them (almost certainly not Toad though).

I agree, it's lame what Sakurai did to Toad. But Rosalina isn't responsible for that. I really doubt Sakurai would've taken Toad out of Peach's move set, no matter who got in.

-Bowser Jr... well, I'm not a huge fan for reasons similar to YoshiAndToad. He's been in a few games, he's Bowser's second banana. But are we surprised that a hero character got in over a villain? Smash has a clear bias against villains. Does any series have more than one represented? No. Hell, we've only got Bowser, Ganondorf and Wolf as clear villains. Wario and Dedede are a little bit more gray area (Wario being more villainous).

-Waluigi... To be honest, he's still just a guy who only appears in spin-off games meant to be a counterpart to Wario. He's just not as important as the others, no matter the number of appearances. He has more personality than Toadette or Daisy, but you don't hear people claiming that they're anywhere close to having earned spots simply by appearing numerous times. I think he'd be funny, and I don't hate him, but I perfectly understand him not making it in.

-Paper Mario... Well, we've got two Links. And I can see arguing that that's not necessary (altho personally I like playing as Toon Link). The same applies here. Do we really need two Marios? Yes, he could be different, but you could say the same about Toon Link (he could've had the Grappling Hook, the Deku Leaf, the Skull Hammer... but nope). More likely, he'd end up fairly clone-y.

Sure any of them could've gotten in and been justified, but I don't really see it as Rosalina jumping the queue over these clearly far more deserving characters. You know who are the clearly top deserving Mario characters? Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi and Wario. After that the level drops off hugely. Probably from Sakurai's perspective, he was just picking between a number of minor characters, none of which would be auto-inclusions nor travesties if they weren't included. You're thinking about it in terms of "who's next in line" as if there's an established order of succession here and there's a clear criteria for deciding once you get beyond the obvious characters.

Toad's the only one I'd agree is more deserving, but like I said, Rosalina didn't jump the line to get in before him. Sakurai booted him off the line altogether, back when he first added Peach in Melee.

Last edited:

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
There were two characters I really wanted before I got into Smash speculation: Mega Man and Ridley.
Villager: 85%
Cool, but not exactly at the top of my list
WFT: 95%
Mainly because the internet backlash was hilarious
Rosalina: 10%
Still worried about potential balance issues, and add on to the fact that there were tons of Mario characters I wanted more.
I think I might actually have to go lower with Rosalina. Thinking about it more, the puppetesque features will probably work like a glorified ICs, and if she can summon the luma back that will be hell. ICesque character with a resummonable Nana? No thank you. 1%.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I think I might actually have to go lower with Rosalina. Thinking about it more, the puppetesque features will probably work like a glorified ICs, and if she can summon the luma back that will be hell. ICesque character with a resummonable Nana? No thank you. 1%.
Rosalina is big, floaty, light and looks pretty slow and I really doubt the Luma can grab, but is your opinion.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Rosalina is big, floaty, light and looks pretty slow and I really doubt the Luma can grab, but is your opinion.
Rosalina can just grab and have the luma pummel or meteor smash it down to the ground for another grab, like the ICs. IC desyncs are still very strong. Being big or floaty doesn't really disprove my ICs comparison. I mean, the ICs are slow and light too.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Satisfaction:

Villager: 100% - I've been a big Animal Crossing fan since the GameCube, so it's great to see the series get a playable character. Plus, his moveset is hilarious. If his recovery can be saved by the Lloyd Rocket, he may end up being one of my secondaries.

Mega Man: 90% - While I didn't play the classic Mega Man series growing up, it's nice to see Sakurai paying such homage to it in Mega Man's moveset, animations, and sound effects. It's interesting to see a moveset with so many projectiles. Definitely a welcome addition to the roster.

Wii Fit Trainer: 90% - Completely came out of left field, hilarious character concept (beating people up with yoga poses is a genius idea for a Smash moveset), and represents an important era of Nintendo's history, whether we like it or not.

Rosalina: 100% - Completely satisfied with her. While I didn't expect her, she was my most wanted Mario character and I am very intrigued by her playstyle. She will probably be one of my mains, even if it turns out that she ends up being crappy like Mewtwo was in Melee.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Rosalina can just grab and have the luma pummel or meteor smash it down to the ground for another grab, like the ICs. IC desyncs are still very strong. Being big or floaty doesn't really disprove my ICs comparison. I mean, the ICs are slow and light too.
The Ice Climbers are pretty bad without the chain grabs.
Big, floaty and light is the reason why Mewtwo is garbage is Melee.
And also you don't know if the Luma has a Meteor Smash.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
The Ice Climbers are pretty bad without the chain grabs.
Big, floaty and light is the reason why Mewtwo is garbage is Melee.
And also you don't know if the Luma has a Meteor Smash.
Not that bad. Desyncs are still a huge part of their meta.
And this game isn't Melee. Wonderful.
I swear I saw one somewhere....
Either way, Rosalina definitely has a lot of tools to be a very prominent character.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Not that bad. Desyncs are still a huge part of their meta.
And this game isn't Melee. Wonderful.
I swear I saw one somewhere....
Either way, Rosalina definitely has a lot of tools to be a very prominent character.
Melee or not, big, floaty and light isn't a good combination.

Maybe you saw this?
(1:51)
That doesn't look like a Meteor Smash XD

But yes, Rosalina looks like a good character, but not OP, like all the newcomers, all of them have good and bad things.

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Villager: 85%
Did really care for him that mcuh, but he has a unique moveset and is a character for Animal Crossing, which is possibly the largest series that didn't have a character in Brawl.

Megaman: 90%
I wanted him, even thought I never played a single one of his games. I still felt he was more recognizable than Pacman or other 3rd parties.

WFT:65%
A weird character that I might find a bad choice depending on the ret of the characters. But she is unique, but she doesn't have some sort of mechanic. (Villager's pocket, Rosalina's puppet master, Little Mac's KO meter)

Rosalina & Lumna: 77%
I support Toad and Paper Mario over her. But she is unique so I don't mind her. Much better than being heavyweight Peach.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Villager: 75% - I think this is a bit lower than previously, but as time has gone on he's just become a bit less exciting. He still looks like great fun though, his various gimmicks still look like they can make for some really whacky tactics.

Mega Man: 100% - However, as time goes on Mega Man just becomes cooler and cooler. Being 1 out of 3 characters I really wanted in the game going into Smash 4 pre-hype, I'm very satisfied with him. I really appreciate they went with the classic design, and that they are keeping him so faithful to it both with sound effects and visual effects. Unless Ridley is confirmed, Mega Man will probably remain the newcomer I'm the most excited about.

Wii Fit Trainer: 50% - She's very much like Villager, as time goes on she just becomes a tad more boring. And honestly, outside of having moves that look like Yoga poses, I don't see how she functions any more differently than say ZSS. She definitely doesn't look as unique as the other newcomers, there's nothing that makes her really distinct.

Rosalina & Luma: 65% - It's probably as well done as it could be for Rosalina's character. However, I've never really liked Rosalina very much, so there's still that.

Last edited:

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Yeah, I just feel Rosalina will be a character you'll have to watch out for. The wide amount of options she has and all of the range she's given makes for a very strong combo.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
So wait, you are not satified with Rosalina because she seems like a good character? I'm extremely confused about the discussion taking place.
Mainly worried about potential issues that could happen. She has tools needed to be good, but I can definitely see some things that may not be balanced properly.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Aaah ... I don't know, seems like if we extrapolate that could be said of all characters.

Villager could completely wreck house with proper use of his skills, like the somewhat OP ability to pocket any item/projectile.
Mega Man could wind up being completely overpowered with such a variety of projectiles and a stupidly effective spike.
WFT looks like the next coming of sheik but with greater reach.
And Little Mac has a OHKO move and can get in your face and combo you before you can do anything. Forget about beating Mac in stages without pits.

It's just a matter of realizing they're spending like a year or so balancing the game and play testing every character. I think it should be fine.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Rosalina especially however seems like her design just isn't the easiest to nail balance wise, somehwat like ICs, where there are going to be things that slip through the gaps.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
huh, I guess?
I don't know ... don't know enough about balancing fighting games works to really imagine the difficulty of balancing a puppetteer, so I guess I'll take your word for it.

Either way I'll probably use her. Definitely secondary material.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
It seems we can't have enough satisfaction. :troll: Poor Rosetta.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
VILLAGER
Satisfaction: 90% - I thought he was well executed and he looks fun.

MEGA MAN
Satisfaction: 100% - Again, I am absolutely awe struck by his inclusion. Is it a bad thing that I still can't believe he is actually in? Like, my mind knows it, my eyes see it, but it just seems so surreal. EXTREMELY surreal! After about what, 8 months, I just still can't believe it! Megaman is ACTUALLY in Smash and he looks INCREDIBLE!!!!!!

WII FIT TRAINER
Satisfaction: 90% - An interesting curve ball to say the least.

ROSALINA
Satisfaction: 95% - Now that she is in, I can safely say that I always believed that she was the best Mario newcomer and her inclusion doesn't disappoint. With an interesting manipulation of gravity, her luma partner, and a black hole...thing...under her feet, it's like fighting the galaxy itself!

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
These Wii Fit Trainer Satisfaction Ratings...

P4-Naoto-Glasses.jpg

Nice, Nice, Very Nice indeed. Better than expected.

RankoChan

Smash Apprentice
Villager - 100%
I've been a fan of the AC series since the gamecube release, so it's nice to see a playable rep. Definitely the most interesting character yet for me. I'm hoping for and anticipating a female alternate costume and mii masks.
WFT - 90%
She caught me off guard; at first I thought her reveal was a prank. After I saw her in action I think she's a pretty cool character.
Mega Man - 50%
I don't really care for third parties, nor do I play Mega Man. I'm indifferent to his inclusion.
Rosalina - 100%
Her puppeteer moveset looks really unique and she represents the Galaxy series well.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Villager: 65%

Actually the loweat rating I will give, simply because I have no attachment to AC. After seeing some moves, im was decently surprised by what he could do. The item grab move looks pretty sweet.

Megaman: 100%

One of my most wanted newcomers, and the most wanted 3rd party. It inticed so much nostalgia in me. The moveset was so well done, and the way they showed off his variable weapons system reminded me of my frustrations on Megaman games. Once you started gaining abilities, fights became easier, and the trailer showed that. Megaman is useless without learning abilities, once he had them, he really kicked it up a notch. Also the teaser for yellow devil, and the music was superb.

WFT: 80%

Simply because of the initial dissapointing feeling, followed by extreme hype. I didnt expect, didnt want her and she shocked me both by her appearance and surprising ability to be a competent fighter. One word sums this up: Surprise.

Rosalina: 75%

Once again, did not expect her, but at least I knew who she was. I specifically remember seeing her, literally saying "oh no" then retracting my statement shortly after. I didnt expect a puppet master character At all, and I was pleasantly surprised.

Alot of the characters I didnt think I would like I ended up liking. I guess I like surprises.

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Let's see what I said last time... Villager: 50%, Mega Man: 80%, Wii Fit Trainer: 25%, and Rosalina + Luma: 100%? I have to say that my opinion has changed...

My new ratings
Villager: 50% I still see him the same.
Mega Man: 100% He will beat the life out of my Bowser, but he will die to my Little Mac.
Wii Fit Trainer: 75% The game is about Nintendo all stars and that is exactly what she is. Too bad she seems boring to play as.
RosaLuma (My nickname for Rosalina + Luma): 20% Now that I am no longer blinded by the video, I have come to my senses. I know that I would have much preferred Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, Waluigi, or even a Koopa Paratroopa! (disregard the fact that I wanted Paratroopa anyways) The only reasons that I gave her a 20% is because she is better than Toad and she has a Luma with her.

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
What? Why does Wave Kusanagi bump Mac's satisfaction level down to 92%?! I must be missing something.
He was talking about ThatWasPeachy, who gave Mac a 5%. Wave didn't participate.
Also, it's not like that one vote brought it down the entire way. The plentiful votes in the high 80's or at 90% were mostly positive, but they still brought the vote down. In the end, @ThatWasPeachy only ended up bringing Mac's score down from a 94 to a 92... so many people voted that even one person couldn't really buck the score.

Mega Man: 100% I love Mega Man. The only thing I would change as of now is give him more facial expression. I know he's a robot, but he's not generally portrayed as that emotionless.

It seems we can't have enough satisfaction. :troll: Poor Rosetta.
You used that same line the last time we did this; I saw it when I went to grab my old scores. -1 for repetition.

Anywho, onwards to Satisfaction:

Mega Man Satisfaction: 100%
He was a top-five newcomer for me. I'm not the biggest Mega Man fan under the sun, but I felt he could bring a lot to Smash: his toolbelt is larger than even that of Link or Batman, his series has some of the best music known to mankind, and he fits in well with the existing cast. So, when I saw him atop the mountain in the trailer, a joyous smile broke out on my face.

That smile turned into great big goofy grin when I saw how he plays. He looks like he's straight out of the NES and his moves not only bring in the best of the series (reminding me of Samus and Link in terms of spot-on-ness), but also make a novel moveset that I personally want to try. My main in Brawl is Toon Link because I love his maneuverability and his access to projectiles; Mega Man's near-entirely projectile based moveset reminds me of my main. Honestly, I can see him becoming my new one in Smash 4, if he plays like he seems to in the trailers.

Yeah, he's a simple character really. He doesn't have the huge surprise factor of any of the other three, but I see him as the firm anchor of the cast of newcomers. Besides, that music. THAT MUSIC.

Villager Satisfaction: 95%
I was a Tom Nook supporter since the Brawl days; he was third among my wanted characters for this game--higher than Mega Man. I envisioned him using the very tools he sells to lay the smackdown to his opponents. Bug Net grab, fishing rod tether, burying people with the shovel, powerful blows with the axe. We may not have gotten Tom Nook, but we got the moveset I always envisioned for him. It's absolutely glorious. The best part is that it's better than execution than it was on paper, and concepts like the "into the pocket" shield were surprising and seem wonderful in action. This moveset really feels like "Animal Crossing" to me, and it's novel, too--the tree is like something we've never seen before, and the gyroid seem to be, too.

Why then, isn't my satisfaction 100%? Well, it's Villager himself. That blank stare. That generic face. To put it plainly: he's an uninspired avatar. It's tough to roleplay with someone who really doesn't have any aspects of character to him. I guess I can pretend it's myself from Animal Crossing, a friendly mayor who helps run errands. Still, I would rather have had a character, like Tom Nook, instead. Additionally, it pretty much rules Resetti out, so my heart breaks there a little bit. Speaking of that, who wants to nom Resetti?

WII FIT TRAINER Satisfaction: 40%
To begin with, I have some of the same problems with her as I have with Villager: not really a character you can make scenarios with very well. "She's trying to make them lose weight" is about the only thing you can say about her fighting another character. I guess you can say this: she doesn't interact as well with the rest of the cast, even with her humorous entrance. Additionally, her design is as lackluster as Villager's: she looks like a zombie.

Her moveset, while interesting, isn't too much so. Someone doing fitness exercises is fine, but that doesn't necessarily remind me of Wii Fit. I like her moveset mostly because it's just so hilarious in motion, though. When you factor in her taunts and idle animations, it's just plain out wacky. The surprise of seeing her in the trailer and on the site was just so... overpowering. Have I mentioned that I like surprises?

Overall, this is a character who I would slightly prefer were to be left out in favor of someone else. I'm leaning towards thinking "oh, it's her" when I see her on the roster, rather than "oh, I need to try her out." Of the four newcomers so far, she's the only one that hasn't made me really, really want to try her out.

[Also, Rosalina Satisfaction of 60%]
Hmmm. I still agree completely with both my Mega Man (100%) and Villager (95%) satisfaction scores. Both characters look absolutely great, deserve their spots, play like they should and more. I still have the avatar misgiving about Villager, though, so he still falls shy of a 100%.

Now, my thoughts have changed about our third and fourth newcomers. The Wii Fit Trainer has dropped to a 25%, down from her previous 40%. Really, her "bizarre" attacks just seem more and more boring with every newcomer that we've seen. Additionally, I've become more of a proponent of giving the fans what they want--when you try to include a "surprise" character, make it one people actually support with little hope of seeing their return, not someone who has no fanbase. That's just how I feel, anyway.

On the other hand, I'm increasing my Rosalina satisfaction to 70% from 60%. Is there a hole in my heart where Toad, Waluigi, or Bowser Jr. should be? Yes. Do I still think that she's gimmicky, and that Sakurai doesn't have to reinvent the wheel to make a good character? Yes. However, she's just such a lovingly made character that pulls in all kind of Galaxy references and has that graceful poise that I just can't really be mad at her, and I've come to like her quite a bit. Additionally, she did have a fanbase before her reveal; I had always interpreted it as a joke where they were really just under assault from the same mentality.

Well, that's my opinion. It's about time I do the calculations and find out what yours are.

DAY OVER

...NOW WE RETURN TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Give me 100% for all the previous four newcomers. All deserved to be in, they're all SO UNIQUE, and it really makes me want to play them. If it's possible, though, give Rosalina a little extra few points as I absolutely love her.

Edit: Damn you Groose.

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
February 15 Satisfaction:
Little Mac: 92.93%
Mega Man: 89.91%
Villager: 86.50%
Wii Fit Trainer: 77.56%
Rosalina: 72.08%

These new scores are an interesting update of the old ones, which are listed below for your viewing pleasure.
December 20 Satisfaction:
Villager: 86.16%
Mega Man: 83.68%
Rosalina: 80.74%
Wii Fit Trainer: 74.74%

Little Mac's reveal places him as the most satisfying newcomer to date; his powerful punch even manage to break the 90% barrier with some room to spare. Mega Man's score rose roughly 6% from December to hold onto his second-most satisfying newcomer title, but he was unable to measure up to Litte Mac. Villager's score remained virtually identical from two months ago, but he fell from first to third because of Mac's reveal and the Blue Bomber's popularity boost. The Wii Fit Trainer managed a 3% satisfaction increase, which kept her in fourth place. That leaves Rosalina, who has dropped nearly 10% from her reveal to what is last place by over a 5% margin.

Now that we've all got our satisfaction fix, it's time to get back to rating chances! Chef Kawasaki of Kirby is aiming to beat out Waddle Dee to claim the title of most likely Kirby newcomer; can he succeed? Please rate Chef Kawasaki in chance and want. Based on the amount of Waddle Dee support here and the complete irrelevance of this poison-happy Chef, I personally doubt that he'll walk away smiling. Also, feel free to rate our next stage, any area lifted from Mario 3D World, in chance and want.

Remember, we're predicting two things per day now. Please predict how playable Master Hand and will fare in tomorrow's match. Also, please predict how playable bosses will fare in tomorrow's match. Uh-Oh, I sense a strange day tomorrow. Per Smasher 101, @legendofrob1 and @ OcarinaOfDoom OcarinaOfDoom won the extra nominations last time... but I think they already know that.

Edit: Damn you Groose.
Why, you're going to damn me because I edited your scores in right after I had already made my post? Why, how absolutely DREADFUL!

:p

Last edited:

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Kawasaki: 0.1%
Want: 0%
3DWorldStage: 50%
want: 100%
YuYuKi Goku x 5

I will save these noms for my next thing.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
It's now time for me to reveal the extra nomination winners from a few days ago: @ Headcrab Jackalope Headcrab Jackalope had the closest Black Mage prediction, while @ NickerBocker NickerBocker wins nominations for his Pokemon Trainer prediction.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Chef Kawasaki:

Chance: 5%
Bandana Waddle Dee or bust.

Want: 5%
Bandana Waddle Dee or bust.

3D World Stage:

Chance: 50%
Could go either way, honestly.

Want: 50%
Indifferent, but might be cool.

Playable Master Hand: 3%
Playable Bosses: 17%

Nominations: x5 No Namco Character.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Chef Kawasaki - 0%
Generally irrelevant Kirby character who has no chance of beating out Bandana Dee for a slot nor enough popularity/importance to justify a fifth Kirby slot. Pretty open and shut case IMO.
Want - 0% - Waste of a slot.

3D World Stage - 50%
Solid chance of happening given recency, it's great success, and the Mario franchise generally being deserving of multiple stages. Big question is if Sakurai knew enough about the game ahead of time and, if so, whether an area is interesting enough to justify a stage. Seems worthy of a 50/50 shot at least.
Want - 50% - Meh? Pretty indifferent to Mario in general.

Master Hand Prediction - 4.5%
This round promises to be weird.

Playable Boss Prediction - 70%
This round promises to be really weird. Predicting high assuming Ridley qualifies.

Playable Boss Mode Prediction - 1.2%
This round promises to be really, really weird. Doubt it sees much support.

Nominations
Tetra x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm extremely surprised that Wii Fit Trainer wasn't in last place. I can see myself giving her a lower score from 30 to maybe 25 by the time the next newcomer is shown. (which better be Shulk!)
Chef Kawasaki and Super Mario 3D World stage have been added to the Directory.

Chef Kawasaki
Chance:
0%

The guy hasn't been seen in a long time. He's a rather minor mini boss that was pretty popular in the anime. However, there are several characters that are really above him. Some characters are more popular than him, like Magolor. There are also some that play a major role in the Kirby universe, like Dark Matter.
One cannot ignore Bandana Dee. Seeing as how it's him or bust destroys the chances of any Kirby character. No character will get in before Bandana Dee will for the 4th Kirby character.
LOL at the pic on the first page. That will sum up his day right there.
Want: 0%
Have you seen my posts on Bandana Dee's days? I am a rather passionate person when it comes to wanting Bandana Dee in Smash. In fact, after re-evaluating my top 5 newcomers, Bandana Dee is currently behind a confirmed Little Mac and a pretty likely Shulk, making him my 3rd most wanted newcomer. If we don't count Little Mac since he's confirmed, then he would be 2nd and is only behind Shulk.
So yeah, if Chef Kawasaki got in, I would get extremely ticked off. That slot goes to Bandana Dee.

Super Mario 3D World Stage
Chance: 0%

We're seeing a trend with Smash and Mario games. In Brawl, the big 3D Mario game that came out was Galaxy, but it didn't get representation while Sunshine did. Then here, we see the big 3D Mario game that came out was Super Mario 3D World, but we probably won't get representation from that game and we will see a stage from Galaxy and Super Mario 3D Land. I don't think that this trend will change.
Want: 100%
But man do I want it. I love Super Mario 3D World and the level design in that game. Not only could the developers get creative with the level, but they could also put in some freaking awesome music! Like Hisstocrat, Double Cherry Pass, and Super Bell Hill.
While I don't think that it will happen, do I want it to? Hell yes! COUNT ME IN!

Master Hand Prediction: .63%
Both Primid and Sandbag got .63%… hopefully that trend where Smash characters get that percentage will continue.
Playable Bosses Prediction: 3.31%
I edited my score. So a playable boss mode? I can't see that happening.

While I was expecting Little Mac or Shulk to get confirmed on Thursday, it was good that Little Mac got confirmed. Why? Not only did my #1 newcomer get revealed, but it also means that my nominations for Zael are not in vain!
Nominations: Zael 5x
EDIT: @ Groose Groose Speaking of noms, we can smash away Little Mac's 30 noms that he had as well as the one nom that the Boxing Arena is a Punch Out stage concept had. Also, while I was doing the noms while you were away, I got rid of Lucario's noms. Ashley currently has 5 despite the fact that we labeled her deconfirmed, I didn't get rid of them in case you still wanted to leave her up for another rate or something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Chef Kawasaki
Chance: 0% - The only unique thing he brings to Smash is using a frying pan as a weapon.
Oh wait, Peach already does that.

Want: 0% - I didn't even like him in the anime.

3D World stage
Chance: 41% - I fear it may be to recent, Galaxy didn't even get a stage in Brawl.
Want: 15% - Even though 3D world was my third favourite Mario platformer, (after SMB2 and 64) I'm not sure what it would add.

Playable Master Hand prediction: 0.04%, I'm assuming this means playable as an actual character, and not playable as a boss like seen below.
Playable Boss prediction: 7.4%

Nominations: Improved Stage Builder x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Kawasaki's chances: 0% - I still don't see another Kirby character being added, and if they did want one, I'm not sure why they'd pick Kawasaki over Waddle Dee.
Want: 10% - Not too interested but I

3D World stage: 50% - Continuing the string of 50%'s that the two people above me broke while I was posting this: part of me feels like the game may be too recent to get a stage, but it's a major release and we're certain to get multiple Mario stages. It could go either way.
Want: 70% - I have 3D World and it's a good game. I wouldn't be against a stage at all.

Master Hand: 1.86%
Playable Bosses: 8.49%
I have absolutely no idea how either of these will go.

Takamaru x5

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Poor Rosalina ...

Chef Kawasaki
Chance - 0%
Makes no sense why he'd make it instead of Bandana Dee, or even Magolor, Rick, Gooey and a host of other characters.

Want - 0%
No thanks

Super Mario 3D World stage
Chance - 50%
Last time we had a pretty large number of Mario stages, so I'd be surprised if we don't get a Super Mario 3D World stage, particularly since the Galaxy stage seems to be more for Rosalina than anyone else. I'd consider it more likely if it wasn't just as likely that Sakurai would just go for a more "retro" stage and draw from older Mario games.

Want - 100%
This game is beautiful, and there's so many areas that fit. More than anything, the one I started nominating before allying with Louie G. was the concept of Bowser Land. Seriously, just imagine stages based on this

Or this:

Or ... sweet lord, eat your heart out New Pork City!!

A Smash Bros in HD deserved a Galaxy stage, but looking at these locations makes me feel it deserves any of these as well.

Predictions
Playable Master Hand - 7.4%
Playable bosses - Wait ... does this mean "old bosses are playable now!"? 'Cause if so, Ridley alone merits a high prediction. Or does it mean that you fight bosses in adventure mode and later on they become playable? I'm confused as to what to predict.
Now that this was clarified, I'm going with a random 8.12343%

Nominations
That empty feeling of not knowing who/what to nominate ...
OK, Got it! Brought him up so might as well
Magolor x5

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Chef Kawasaki

Chance - 0% - I just can't imageine any sort of situation where he could be playable. While he was origonaly a mini-boss, he has become the Waluigi of the Kirby sereis, mostly apearing in mini-games and thus of debatable importance. He is somewhat memorable, mostly due to the anime, but he's going to be an assist trophy at best.

Want - 5% - What a random choice for Kirby! I can't name much possitive about his inclusion, and I'm only rating him this high because there are others I think are worse choices.

SM3DW Stage

Chance - 50% - We already have a Galaxy Stage, and I considered the posibility of a New Super Mario Brothers Stage a possiblility untill I remembered the 3DS stage. I'm not to certain what to think, though it's either this or a Browser's Castle stage.

Want - 65% - Browser Land is awesome, but the rest of the places wouldn't work while being interesting, so it drags it down a bit.

Predictions

Master Hand - 0.25% - A smash origional charater? Shouldn't stand a chance.

Playable Bosses - 0.15% - Sadly unlikely to happen.

Nominations
Nutty Noon Stage X5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom