• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Lucario is back?
We were confident that he was going to return with 81.9% chance, but he wasn't our most wanted veteran with 72.36% want. Personally, I'm happy for the Lucario fans, but I wasn't too thrilled with his moveset.

Now that Lucario is back, I think that it might be in your best interest to nominate Genesect, Zoroark, and Wolf. I highly doubt Mewtwo is affected by Lucario returning.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Nightmare

Chance: 0%
Want: 0% don't know who he is

Palutena

Chance: 75% that leak is pretty believable
Want: 60% She looks pretty awesome

Predictions:

Dunban X 5

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I'm finding it amusing how a lot of the internet is freaking out about how Mewtwo is somehow disconfirmed since Lucario was revealed, meanwhile on this thread it seems the consensus is both will show up given they got 90.22% and 81.90% chance, respectively. Curious to see if we're proven right!

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Someone brought this up in another thread, but a large number of people expected the Pokemon series to be Brawl + Mewtwo. Now because Lucario was revealed, all of the sudden people are doubting he'll return?

What happened?

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Someone brought this up in another thread, but a large number of people expected the Pokemon series to be Brawl + Mewtwo. Now because Lucario was revealed, all of the sudden people are doubting he'll return?

What happened?
I think it does hurt Mewtwo's chances a little bit, since one of the scenarios was that Lucario was cut and Mewtwo was added. And many of the scenarios where you imagine Mewtwo does not come back are ones in which Lucario does.

But that's not the same thing as thinking that Mewtwo is now unlikely...

D

Deleted member

Personally, I don't think that Lucario getting confirmed hurts Mewtwo. My expectations are Brawl Pokemon + Mewtwo; I can't see Jigglypuff get cut. However, I can see the Pokemon Trainer get cut if they want to free resources. Maybe he is in the danger zone? I dunno.

I just don't see how this affects Mewtwo when Pokemon is such a popular series with sales that rival Mario and the fact that Mewtwo is the most wanted character worldwide. I can see Pokemon get 4-6 reps, same with Mario.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I fully doubt this hurts or affects Mewtwo's chances in any way.

That aside:

Nightmare - 0%

Ineligible. Fighting game character, and Sakurai stated there will be no fighting game characters. Plus, if we get a Namco character, it'd be Pac-man.

Want - 75%

Haven't played Soul Calibur, but the dude looks badass.

Palutena - 88%

Not just because of the leak. Kid Icarus: Uprising is a big hit, made a huge impact of a revival. Palutena's popularity, plus how a lot of new Kid Icarus content being introduced into Smash 4, as well as the fact that Pit was showcased along with several veterans in the first trailer, all makes me think Palutena is one of the most likely newcomers at this point.

Want 90%

Haven't played Uprising, but she seems like a great character.

Yarne/Owain Prediction - 0.4.

Playable Master Hand x5.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
For anyone who doesn't know, yes, Nightmare is absolutely badass. He is the physical manifestation of a sword that eats souls. It doesn't get any more awesome than that. Finally, a non-Nintendo series I'm actually passionate about!

Nightmare - 5%

While he is an iconic character in one of Namco's bigger fighters, and he is awesome...I don't think Namco's getting a character. Even Pac-Man. We've got potentially three third-parties already, and Nightmare, unfortunately, doesn't have the credibility or relevance of a Tekken or Pac-Man character. Plus, he'd be hard to implement anyway.

Want - 65%

That being said, if there was a Namco character of my choosing, I'd choose him since he is quite awesome.

Palutena - 60%

I see her as a very plausible choice as KI:U was apparently very popular and she was part of it along with the other characters. That being said, her position could end up with her getting the shaft.

Want - 60%

I haven't played Uprising, but I think she would be a good character to bring in, as she brings a bit of diversity into the cast.

Groose

Smash Champion
Update later this evening. Without spoiling to much... I can assure you that Palutena will not reach the number one spot. Nightmare will not reach the bottom spot.

Hey, @ Groose Groose , could you rename it to "Non-Character Hanafuda Representation" exactly? I'm talking specifically non character representation, and it's not clear when listed simply as "Hanafuda Representation".
It shall be done.

A wise man once said(possibly in this thread, I forget where I saw it) that the only Soul Calibur character that would make it into Smash is Link.
Truer words have never been spoken... even though I've never heard them before.

What happened?
What happened is that people are idiots. Whenever a character is revealed, everyone loses what little minds they have. There were some who were expecting him to be cut, and their shock has rubbed off on everyone else.

Sure, I'd be cool with that.
Let me know when you're going to start doing this.

...and now, onto my ratings.

Nightmare: Double 0%
Fighting game characters are barred by the Word of the Creator. Nightmare is barely among the most prominent of fighting game characters, and wouldn't be seriously considered, anyway. I've never gotten into Soulcalibur, so this works for me.

Pretty Palutena: 66% chance
I'm on the side of Team Real regarding the leak. It would be very difficult to make a model like that, and Sakurai's keenness on showing Kid Icarus stuff lately has me suspicious that he's trying to hype the series. Even so, this is conjecture--there is no guarantee that the leak is real, and a few contradictions show that it's definitely not certain. I think this post sums it up quite well.

Anyway, I started off giving Palutena around the 60% mark. A Kid Icarus newcomer seemed likely because it was Sakurai's latest project, and she was the main person to fill that role. Then my chance dipped to around 50% when I began to reconsider the chances of Medusa, Hades, and Dark Pit--I felt that they weren't as out of the race as I initially thought. After Rosalina, my Palutena chance dipped into the lower 40% range--Palutena was the lead in her series which was still likely to get a character, but she had many similarities to Rosalina--perhaps they'd gone a different route with Kid Icarus? Yet this leak (which I believe is probably real) and seeing the support for her uprising once more, I've changed my mind again--she's most likely in this game, as a playable character.

All in all, she's my fourth most likely newcomer--behind Miis, Pac-Man and Little Mac. Those three characters are also part of a major leak, and have slightly more going for them than Palutena without the leak. I'd give all three a 70%.

Pretty Palutena Want: 90%
Let's quote my post from waaaaaaay back on Day 2, long before I had any idea or intention of running this game.
Groose said:
Palutena Want: 90% I have some concerns with Palutena. She can become her own, unique character, but there is also the chance that she could be a Zelda clone, which I would not like to see. Of all of the Kid Icarus characters, I want to see Palutena the most; however, there is still a piece of me that would like to see Hades.
Well, three things have changed. First, I would rather see Hades; the idea of his playability has grown on me during months of roleplaying as Hades replaying Uprising. Second, I now have no fear that she would be a Zelda clone--I severely doubt that Sakurai would bother adding her if that were the case. Third, part of what I wanted from the character (a remote-control type attack) has been given to Rosalina. All in all, things balance out to about where they were before.

Slippy "HELP ME" Toad x5
@Toxicroaker I want this video added to the music section. If modern music can be considered music, then so can this.

Yarne and Owain Prediction: 0%
I have faith in this board. Is it misplaced? ...probably.

DAY OVER

RETURN OF GROOSE

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Nightmare (Soulcalibur)
0.29% chance
8.58% want

Wait. What. Nightmare just tied Ryu in chance... although he fell to the Street Fighter by roughly a percent and a half in want. Even though his scores are still abysmal, that should be a source of pride.

Palutena (Kid Icarus)
81.66% chance DAY 97: (70.69%); DAY 2: (76.35%)
75.07% want DAY 97: (74.37%); DAY 2: (77.22%)

Palutena's scores dropped in her first rerate, but, thanks to a certain leak, they've risen up once more; her chance score is at the highest it's ever been, and her want score is back to the 75% margin. Looks like all is well in Skyworld.

Today.... oh dear. We're rating a Yarne and Owain Tag Team. Yarne and Owain are two minor characters in Fire Emblem Awakening, and both of them failed to earn even 1% rated individually. Oh, and there isn't a real reason to put them together--they have no special link, like Chrom and Lucina do. For those of you who aren't very well versed in Fire Emblem, I'll toss out a comparison: this is tantamount to having a Feebas and Carnivine team, or perhaps a Thwomp and Dry Bones team. What I'm trying to say is that there is absolutely no chance of it happening, so you should have a 0% in chance. Not 5%, 1%, or even .01%. 0%.It's less likely than Banjo, Cole, and Scrooge combined. Yeah. Anyway, please rate Yarne and Owain Team in chance and want today or just rate the want because they have no chance. none. Just so we have something interesting to do, we are also rating Saki of Sin and Punishment. Saki currently has a 39% chance and is Rank 11 on the chance charts. Will Saki rise into the top ten? Or will he fall further from his goal? Please rate Saki in chance and want today.

Tomorrow... uh-oh. I hope we have a Fox nearby because we have a certain Slippy Toad coming to the game. Please predict how Slippy will do in tomorrow's round. Personally, I'm sensing he'll be having some trouble here. Today's noms belong to @McDuckletts.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom

Alright, let's see here, who are we rating toda- Oh. Well. Should be an easy rate for-

Wait right there foul villain!

Huh? Owain?

That's right! It is I, Owain, the mighty hero! And this time, I come with my powerful sidekick, Yarne!

Huh? Uh um yeah! We're here to get the proper rating we deserve!

None of this .72 or .25 bullcrap! We deserve ratings equal to the legends like Little Mac, Ridley and Palutena!

What makes you two think that? You're two unimportant characters in a series with a ton of options.

Well for starters, we would easily be the most unique characters! And we're both of legendary strength.

Unqiue? How so? Would you be strong enough to stand up to the likes of Link and Mario?

Um, Owain? I'm not entirely sure we should do this... if I die during these fights, the Taguel would go extinct!

Nonsense Yarne! With me at your side, no one will be able to stop us.

Sounds like Brawl Meta Knight.

Alright, maybe we hold back just a bit. But we could easily be unique! Yarne could use his Beaststone and have 2 distinct movesets!

And you could? I mean, you seem like a generic sword user.

The mighty Owain? Generic? Please. I would use my sword in ways no one has ever seen! I could easily be a unique character.

Alright, alright. I'll go with it. Now how about popularity? And while you're at it, tell me about how important you are in the Fire Emblem franchise.

I am extremely popular on sites like GameFAQs!

And to people not on the internet who don't know much about Fire Emblem?

Never heard of me...

Or me...

And your relevance to Fire Emblem?

The mighty Owain is especially important! I am the Chosen One, bound to be the star of FE14!

Well... my personality can be said to represent the permadeath feature...

I've learned two things from this. 1: You two aren't as boring as Chrom. 2: You have no chance in Smash Bros.

No chance? How dare you? Prepare to be struck by my mightiest attack! BINDING BLADE!

Goodness this is getting old. Roy, take the two out.

Of course.

We'll be back! You can't do this to us!

In conclusion, Yarne and Owain get a 0.1% Chance, (this 0.1 is because I want this to rate at least higher than a 0) and a 100% Want.

Outside of OcarinaOfDoom's house

Alright, so Yarne, next time we attack, we bring Omastar. He's a Water Rock type, so Roy's fire sword will only do 1/4th Damage! (no this will not be a thing. for now. maybe a month before launch)

We-we almost died there! The Taguel might of gone extinct!

Relax. Next time, we're sure to emerge victorious!

*checks Smashboards*

*Sees this post*

OcarinaOfDoom will pay. He will pay for these sins he's committed....

Saki: 45%
Want: 100% Mainly because I would enjoy the reaction from someone
Slippy: 3.4%
Lyn x 5

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
Yarne & Owain - Chance = 0 (anyone who gives them anything higher than 0.01 should be banned from this thread tbh0.
Want = 0

Saki Chance 35
Want 30

Slippy: 7.9%

Panther x 5

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Yarne and Owain

Want: 0%

Saki

Chance: 10%

Want: 0%

Slippy Prediction

8.3%

Nominations

Plasm Wraith x5

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Y+O Tag-Team chance: 0.001% Seems too random of a combination to even happen.
Y+O Tag-Team want: 0% I prefer Robin+Anna or Robin+Lucina or Chrom+Lucina or hell even Anna+Tiki to happen over Owain+Yarne.
Saki chance: 15% His abilities don't really bring anything particularly new, and it is in a middle position chance as Isaac, Chibi, and Ray MK.
Saki want: 30% I prefer Isa Jo.
Slippy prediction: 1.45%
Nominations:
x3 Diskun
x2 Alph/Brittany/Charlie Trio
It seems I have already lead Harry to the top of the votes.

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Yarn and Oven's chances: 0% - HAHAHAHAHAHAno.
Want: 0% - Got to admit that seeing OoD nominate this to the top was hilarious. That said it's still a really dumb waste of a spot.

Saki's chances: 10% - I originally gave him 50%...and I'm not entirely sure why I did. Nowadays I'm sure that he's just going to be an assist again.
Want: 85% - Want however remains the same.

Slippy prediction: 2.78%

Mewtwo x5

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Yarne/Owain - 0%

If I even see a single 1% chance rating for these two as a team, I'll be scratching my head for so long I won't need a haircut for a while.

Want - 0%

I have but one answer to the question of whether I want them in Smash or not:

Saki - 25%

Just taking a while guess since I don't know much about Sin and Punishment.

Want - 40%

Could be cool I guess. Not a character I'd exactly be all that excited for though.

Slippy Prediction - 12.05%

Playable Master Hand x5.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Yarne and Owain Tag Team:

Want: 2%
I would slightly appreciate the ridiculousness, but not really.

Saki:

Chance: 7.8%
I would be very surprised. If any assist trophies are getting in, it'll be Mac first, Isaac second, and Shulk at a low third. That said, a 1/13 chance is respectable and he could get in. But he's nowhere near the likes of Isaac or Shulk.

Want: 39%
Simply because of the moveset potential there. Would be interesting to play as.

Slippy Prediction: 1.89%
I expect him to rank slightly under Ninten and Magnus, but a bit higher than Dark Matter.

Noms: Non-Character Hanafuda Representation x3, Diskun x2

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Y+O:
Chances:0%
Want:0%

-Misty Saki:
Chances:5%
Like seriously...nobody know who he is.
Extremely overrated.
In the OP, he is more likely than characters like Bandana Dee, Toon Zelda and even Isaac, that doesn't make sense.
That's why I nominated him.

Want:0% of course.

-Slippy prediction:1%

Nomination: Dixie Kong X5

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I honestly feel really bad for Yarne and Owain, so I give them a 99.99% in both categories!

Saki:
Predict- 20%: I don't know his series, and if the King of Irrelevancy doesn't know someone, that means that they have little to now chance!

Want- 15%: Again, I am not familiar with Sin&Punishment.

Nomination: Since I already said Fawful, I'll have to go for a day of Porky Minch's 4 possible forms:
*Mother 2 Overalls and whit shirt, using common objects
*Mother 2 Big City Pokey, Rosalina & Luma-like team with Giygas possessing him
*Mother 2 Spider Mech
*Mother 3 Bed Mech

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I honestly feel really bad for Yarne and Owain, so I give them a 99.99% in both categories!

Saki:
Predict- 20%: I don't know his series, and if the King of Irrelevancy doesn't know someone, that means that they have little to now chance!

Want- 15%: Again, I am not familiar with Sin&Punishment.

Nomination: Since I already said Fawful, I'll have to go for a day of Porky Minch's 4 possible forms:
*Mother 2 Overalls and whit shirt, using common objects
*Mother 2 Big City Pokey, Rosalina & Luma-like team with Giygas possessing him
*Mother 2 Spider Mech
*Mother 3 Bed Mech
The chances need to be realistic XD
Y+O: 99,99%? Please fix that. XD
And if you think Saki has very little chances, I recommend you a lower number because 20% is pretty high IMO.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
The chances need to be realistic XD
Y+O: 99,99%? Please fix that. XD
And if you think Saki has very little chances, I recommend you a lower number because 20% is pretty high IMO.
I think Saki has a very OK chance.
Very very meh.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I'd rather have Owain and Yarne than boring, dusty ol' "I'm Marth but Not As Good" Roy.

Ocarina has probably never played a Fire Emblem game if he thinks that Roy could take out a Dual Supported Yarne/Owain.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
I'd rather have Owain and Yarne than boring, dusty ol' "I'm Marth but Not As Good" Roy.

Ocarina has probably never played a Fire Emblem game if he thinks that Roy could take out a Dual Supported Yarne/Owain.
Hey man, I just make stuff up. I know Roy was **** in FE6.

D

Deleted member

Yarne & Owain Tag Team and Saki have been added to the Directory.
If you have rated Saki before, check to see what you said for his score!

Yarne & Owain Tag Team
Chance:
0%

LOL
Want: 100%
Only to drink the delicious tears of Fire Emblem fans!
EDIT: Yeah, I'm dead serious with this. The idea is so stupid and so ridiculous that if they were confirmed, I would probably die laughing.

EDIT: I will check what their scores are going to be like tomorrow because oh boy will they be interesting!

I mean

The artwork is similar… (yeah, I brought this up before; sue me)

Saki
Chance:
15%

Let's see what score I gave him before…
47%?! Really?!
I stand by my statement saying that he is one of the more likelier Assist Trophies to be turned into a playable character, along with Little Mac and Isaac. However, he doesn't deserve that high of a score.
Yes, he does have some popularity and Sakurai has mentioned that Saki fits in with the rest of the cast, but I can't see him get almost half a chance of getting in. Sin & Punishment got an OK sequel on the Wii and he would definitely be the character to represent the series. However… there has been a ton of inactivity with the series that I can't see it get represented with a character. Also, Saki isn't a highly demanded character. Popular yes, but he isn't demanded like Little Mac, King K. Rool, or Shulk are.
Saki is not in direct competition with anyone. People say he has to go against Isaac and Shulk, but he isn't comparable to those two. He has blonde hair and uses a sword, but other than that… there is nothing that screams competition. Saki comes from a rail shooter while Isaac and Shulk come from RPGs. Saki would be using his sword to shoot projectiles and use it for combat; Isaac has magic and could use his sword; Shulk has various Monado Arts that he could use. To me, they would have different moves.
I think that Saki could easily be given a moveset though. If Sakurai wants to take pages from Kid Icarus: Uprising, he could base Saki's moves from the Blade attacks in that game.
It really just comes down to his franchise's inactivity that makes me think that he won't get in this game. I'm surprised that he has been given such a high overall chance score.
Want: 80%
Moveset potential. He would be an interesting character.

Slippy Prediction: 10.93%
He will probably get passed 10%. Am I overconfident or something?

Nominations: Shulk & Dunban: Partners in Reyn Time 5x

I'm fine with 99.99% for want, but please be realistic and give this tag team a much, much, much, much, much lower chance score. That will definitely skew the ratings where we will not get an accurate overall chance score. You know that they don't have that high of a chance. I say this and yet I bet this won't even be counted.

Last edited by a moderator:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
-Y+O:
Chances:0%
Want:0%

-Misty Saki:
Chances:5%
Like seriously...nobody know who he is.
Extremely overrated.
In the OP, he is more likely than characters like Bandana Dee, Toon Zelda and even Isaac, that doesn't make sense.
That's why I nominated him.

Want:0% of course.

-Slippy prediction:1%

Nomination: Dixie Kong X5
but. . .but. . .I thought we were on the same side in this battle brigade leader:sadeyes:
oh well :ohwell:
Y+O (chance and want) - 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%
seriously?
saki - 11.72%
out of the blond trio (yes I know they don't have any competition, I still like the name) he has the lowest chance, his series are quite forgotten, and he himself is practically unnoticeable, his main hope though, is because of uniqueness and ofcourse sakurai's own thoughts, still that's quite lower than others
want - 95%
I loved the s&p games, I also liked the character too, I would like for him to get in smash, but he is not in my top 3 (he's five actually)
slippy - 2.25%

as a star fox fan, i'm going to love this day
nominations:
X5
expect a wolf quote gif from me for the next twenty (19 now) days mates:awesome:

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Yarne and Orwain

Chance - 0% - I might have given this thing a hundredth of a percent if they even had a support in the main game. But the only got a single conversation in the Hot Spring Scramble DLC, where Orwain is acting noticeably out of character. So, no.

Want - 0% - After doing these guys, can we avoid such stupid things? I mean, after doing Scrooge McDuck, we shouldn't be trying to top him. I'm not certain if it's even possible.

Saki

Chance - 23% - You know what's best about having a 100% attendance rate? I don't have to think much about re-votes thanks to the directory. I'm in total agreement with my past self here. Reasonable chance if Sakurai is going for diversity, otherwise he doesn't have much of a chance. I'm docking a few points, though, as a large number of Assist Trophies seem to be coming back.

Want - 45% - A bit more than last time. I don't think he'll be quite as much of a Mega Man rip-off than I though, though I still see shades of it.

Slippy Toad Prediction - 5.5% - Okay chances, but has some sort of a hate-base.

Nominations
Epic Yarn Stage X4
Nutty Noon Stage X1

Groose

Smash Champion
COURT BEGINS 2002

Court is now in session for the trial of Yarne and Owain.

The defense is ready, Your Honor.

The prosecution is ready.

So this is the legendary von Karma
that Mr. Wright used to duel? She doesn't
look so tough. I'll be fine--her comes Justice!

Miss von Karma? Your opening statement, if you will.

I hardly think that will be necessary, Your Honor.
Yet, I guess I'll oblige. It's Yarne and Owain.
Neither has a chance individually. As a team?
It's beyond foolish!

Why, I suppose you do have a point there.
Weren't those Chrom and Marth fellows the stars of Awakening?

Your Honor, it would be best if you don't leap to
premature conclusions. Owain and Yar--- AHH!

FOOLISHLY FOOLISH FOOL! I give you one chance to
back out--submit a Guilty Plea and be saved the pain of
my whip and utter humiliation.

Did she just... use her whip on me? Erm... isn't that
against the rules?

The defense pleads Not Guilty... and request the court
takes the whip away from this mad woman posing as
the prosecution for this case.

Oh, you fool. Don't you know? I am a von Karma--as such,
I am the master of this court.

Any foolishly blurted foolish statements
will be greeted with a crack of the whip.

Yes, Mr. Justice. You're still a rookie, so
I suppose you still have to learn about the von Karmas.
We'll do things as the prosecution suggests.

This... this truly is the Dark Age of the Law...

Anyway, I'll be calling my witness to the stand now.

Very well. Please do!

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Court... I present to you...
Detective Scruffy McTrenchcoat!

Actually, pal, the name's Detective **** Gumshoe.
I really don't li--- OWWW!

Your testimony! NOW!

Y-y-yes, Miss von Karma.

CROSS EXAMINATION ALLEGRO 2007

Yarne and Owain are two minor characters in Fire Emblem Awakening.

I can't recall them appearing in any other games.

I think it's possible to beat Awakening without
even seeing them, anyway.

There's one more point that was important...
what was it now...?

Oh, yeah! The characters have no significant
relationship with one another.

That's all for my testimony. Pretty decisive stuff, huh?

Why, that's a very decisive testimony indeed!
I could declare my verdict here and now!

Before you do, I'd like to give the defense a chance
to cross-examine the witness.

It's time to show him what being
a von Karma is all about. His arguments will
fall before my superiority!

Why, geez. How courteous and humble of her.

But what a mistake. Gumshoe's testimony is solid,
but there is one major flaw.

The defense would like to take the
prosecution up on her offer.

Yarne and Owain are two minor characters in Fire Emblem Awakening.

OBJECTION 2007

In what way are they minor?

That''s easy, pal. They're insignificant to the plot,
lack popularity, and aren't of the Lord class.

The defense requests that the witnesses' testimony
be amended to reflect these new details!

Very well. Witness, please amend your statement.

You got it, Your Honor!

Yarne and Owain lack significance to the plot
and popularity among the fans.

Yarne and Owain are very popular among the fans!
This is why they're not irrelevant, and why
they have a shot at teaming up for this game!

Mr. Justice, please calm those Cords of Steel of yours down.
However, you have a point. If what you---

Evidence is everything in a court of law.

If what you say is true... prove it!

As much as that whip hurt...

I'm sure it'll hurt your case even more when
I present my decisive evidence.

Please take a look at the linked poll. It's
an official poll that was held by Nintendo,
and it influenced the DLC for Awakening.
You'll notice that it proclaims Owain is
the second most popular male character
in the game.

Popularity could push Owain into the game.

Fool! You've foolishly fooled yourself
into losing this case!

Erm... I have? What's she talking about?

What have you been arguing for this entire time?

That Owain and Yarne can get in this game
as a tag-team.

What has my witness proved?

Erm... that they aren't important to Awakening itself.
Still, they could get...

What does your evidence prove?

That the two are very popular. Owain is the second most popular,
and Yarne is the...

Oh. Oh crap.

Well? What is Yarne?

Yarne is second to last on the list.
He is one of the least popular characters.

Why... that means that...

Owain may be popular enough to get in, but Yarne isn't.
The two have no connection to each other, so there's no
reason that the two would get in as a pair.

This team is an impossibility!

ACCCCCCKKKKKK!
I'M NOOOOOOOOOOT FIIIIIIINEEEEEEE!

I see we've reached a conclusion. But before I hand
down my verdict... Miss von Karma, what happened to
Mr. Justice?

He's had a breakdown. I think he said something
about Mr. Wright coming out of retirement. Foolish nonsense.

Very well. I can hereby declare the defendants,
Yarne and Owain....

Yarne and Owain:
0% chance

...and 0% want for good measure.

EDIT: And 33% want, thanks to OcarinaofDoom and YoshiandToad's posts.

Cripes, sorry about that. Probably the biggest Rate Their Chances post ever, eh?

For now.

But I will have my record back.

The ball is back in your court, Herr Toad.

I seriously hope you don't think that you can beat me... on my own thread, no less!

But if you dare... why don't you try again?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom