• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I voted for removing both, though in retrospect ZSS isn't 100% guaranteed. Like, 95% with the drawing and all, and her being cut would be surprising, but I wouldn't say she's an absolutely necessary addition or anything. Marth, of course, isn't going anywhere.

Mr. Game and Watch - 100%
Really there's not much to say here. He's already a Smash staple, has a very unique moveset, and represents a major part of Nintendo history. I just can't think of a good reason to cut him.
Want - 75% - He's so neat, even if I don't care to play as him personally.

Impa Prediction - 15%
I don't see it, but the idea of her replacing Sheik isn't without merit.

Nominations
Black Shadow x5

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Game & Watch

Chance: 100%
Theres no reason to cut him, hes about as retro as it gets. Hes iconic, and important, and has been well accepted. I would imagine he would be easy to program with respect to other characters.

Want: 95%
Ya hes awesome.

Impa: 13.6%

Nominations:
Rayman x5

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Mr. Game and Watch
Likelihood: 100%
Watch him be revealed and play him in the game Mr.
Want: 100%
One of the legacies of Gunpei Yokoi.
Impa prediction:
12.36%
Nominations:
Mach Rider x5

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
Mr. Game and Watch chance: 95.2%
Veteran and very important in Nintendo's history. Can't see him going.

Mr. Game and Watch want: 80.9%
I never played as him but he was fun to play against.

Impa prediction: 19.67%
She would be a great addition in the stead of Sheik if she gets cut.

Anthony Higgs x5
Good to see I'm not the only one nominating Anthony!

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
G&W:

He's fun, cool and Nintendo history; why would he not be in smash? And why would people not want him?

Impa: 7%
Honestly, who would vote for this:

:p

Knuckles*2
Tails*2
Meowth (everyone else seems to be doing it)

Ephecus

Smash Apprentice
Mr. Game & Watch

Chance: 98 %
In Smash since Melee. Good Retro-Addition.

Want: 94 %
He's pretty unique. Although he isn't my favorite character it would definately be heartbreaking to see him go.

Impa prediction: 13.5 %

Nominations: 5x Tails

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
Mr Game and Watch

Likelihood: 99% - Yeah, he's not goin anywhere

Want: 100% - I really hate cuts

Impa: 11,5%

Primid x5

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
I voted for removing Marth, but not ZSS, although I think ZSS is pretty close to being a lock.

G&W: 100%
Impa: 12%
Nominate:
Ridley x 5

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Mr. G&W

Likelihood: 100% - There's no way they'd cut Mr. Game and Watch. I'd sincerely be shocked if they did.
Want: 100% - I loved Mr. Game and Watch the moment I unlocked him in Melee. He's such a great character with so much personality for such being so two-dimensional :p

Impa: 10%

Nominations:
Ashley x5

Mr. G&W Music:

Octopus Dance - Totals, Octopus Dance - Standard Stages

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Likelihood: 100%. His veteran status from Melee gives me enough hope that he'll return. Not only that, but he's an incredibly important part of Nintendo's history, moreso than characters like Pit or Olimar, or hell, moreso than pretty much every Nintendo franchise besides Mario. His inclusion in Melee and reinclusion in Brawl show that Sakurai thinks this as well.

Want: 70%. I have no experience with the Game & Watch, but I liked him in Brawl enough and it'd be a shame to see such a legacy character get cut.

Impa prediction: 20%. Personally I rather support the idea of Impa replacing Sheik, but the community here really doesn't seem to like the idea a whole lot.

Ganon X5

edit: damn, looks like Game & Watch is winning the top chance predictions by far haha

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mr Game & Watch:

Want: 90%

Seen on that one 'official' drawing. Can't see him leave, ever.

Impa prediction: 50%

Yeah you all are some intollerant ******s about this idea, and you love rubbing it in my face how 'unlikely' she is without even considering the idea once. The sheepish 10-15% chance votes I see here suggests to me only one really thought of a rate- ranking, the rest just followed with what he said. :rolleyes: Ah well. Will be fun to see what you'll vote for Toon Sheik though... A non existant character.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Toon Sheik would obviously be Tetra instead. Come on, who doesn't want to enact their Ninja Zelda vs Pirate Zelda fantasies in Smash Bros?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Someone with the logic: 'it was once planned so OBVIOUSLY it's gonna happen again'

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Mr. Game + Watch

Chances: 98.9%- Like there's a chance he could get the axe.

Want: 68%- I don't play G+W too much, but he is a nice addition to the roster.

Impa- Chances: 13%- Not many people seem to like Impa. I don't see her scoring very high against the likes of Ghirahim or whatnot.

Nominating..
Anthony Higgs X5

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Mr. Game and Watch:

Likelihood: 100%

Want: 50% - By far the most boring character to play imo. The only unique veteran I wouldn't mind seeing go personally. I do however still care some about other people's mains, so I wouldn't be celebrating if he had a chance of not making it in.

Impa Prediction: 11%

Nominations:
5x Bowser Jr.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Impa prediction: 50%

Yeah you all are some intollerant ******s about this idea, and you love rubbing it in my face how 'unlikely' she is without even considering the idea once. The sheepish 10-15% chance votes I see here suggests to me only one really thought of a rate- ranking, the rest just followed with what he said. :rolleyes: Ah well. Will be fun to see what you'll vote for Toon Sheik though... A non existant character.
Wow, you seem like a bundle of joy. You do know that predictions are meant to take into account what we think other people in the site will answer, right? So even if one is favorable to Impa it's a matter of being aware that the rest of the boards may not think the same way. It's on the next day that people get to say their true opinion, and at that point you can feel free to call everyone an intolerant *******.

And of course, it goes without saying that the idea that people here make predictions JUST to rub things in your face is narcissistic to the point of stupid. Really, there's no need to get so personal and defensive over people being more reasonable about their predictions. Take that crap to the roster prediction thread where it can thrive.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Mr. Game & Watch:

I don't feel like separating things out for him, as there's really only one factor involved: his large importance to Nintendo history. They sold over 40 million Game & Watch handhelds, and they've sold millions with Game Boy collections as well. He was in the last two, and there's not really any reason to cut him. He's also pretty easy to add since he doesn't require any modeling, and his attacks don't even have fluid animation. The only real work in creating him is if they decided to give him any new moves. And I suppose they will likely tweak the properties of his moves.

Mr. Game & Watch chances: 99.9%
Huge historical importance, easy to implement, as a retro rep he's not affected by shifts in "relevance" = practically guaranteed.

Mr. Game & Watch want: 60%
I think he deserves to be in, but I don't like him all that much personally.

Impa prediction: 9%
I don't think people think she's very likely, but they tend to be generous so it won't be as bad as Owain or whoever.

Nominations:
Mike Jones x5

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nobody will be generous on Impa. Why? Cause I want Impa. :reverse:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Want is not actual chance of it happening. :)

Luckily this community knows the difference. *ahem*

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Generous is defined relative to what you think the true likelihood is.

So, I imagine you wouldn't think anyone would be generous, since you apparently think she's like a 50% chance.

But anyway, you shouldn't just ***** about what likelihood people give, but also the want percentage. I actually think that giving Zelda a new down-B and making Impa take over Sheik's move set is not a bad idea. Most people mostly play as one or the other anyway, and transformation characters are harder to balance. And the version of Impa in Skyward Sword was pretty cool. I dunno if I like the idea better than keeping Zelda/Sheik as is, or making transformation happen through taunting or something and thus adding new down-B attacks, but I wouldn't be upset by it. But that doesn't mean I think it's likely to happen.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I just don't see Sheik as a lock, like everyone else does. Around here, she's considered as likely as the likes of Marth, Wario and Diddy. This is far from right. And the more I check the facts around Sheik, the less likely she becomes. I see it as 50/50 indeed. They either will do it, or not. It's an option a lot of people decribe as 'making sence'. Just nobody really speaks of it cause apperantly a newcomer for Zelda that isn't Link is out of the question after Melee. :rolleyes:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Mr. Game and Watch
Chance: 100% - He's a Nintendo icon.
Want: 51%

Impa prediction: 9%

Nominations: Chrom and Lucina team x5.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Game & Watch

Want: 95%

Impa: 10%

Nomination: ...jeez I'm just gonna troll and say Daisy x5

Primid

Smash Apprentice
MR. GAME & WATCH
Chances: 99% There's always that small chance for some characters, but I really don't see him ever leaving.
Want: 100% He's cool and an interesting character. He's fun to play as too, so I'd be very disappointed if he got the boot.
Impa Prediction: 12%

Forde

Smash Cadet
Mr. Game and Watch:
Chance - 95% Absolutely no reason to have him cut these days.

Want - 80% Always fun to see him played.

Impa Prediction: 20%

Nominations:
Cloud Strife x5

Groose

Smash Champion
SORRY, GUYS. I'm too busy irl to update right now. I'll end the current day sometime tomorrow. Sorry about this, but irl is messing me up right now.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
SORRY, GUYS. I'm too busy irl to update right now. I'll end the current day sometime tomorrow. Sorry about this, but irl is messing me up right now.
HOW COULD YOU?!?

j/k, take your time with your situation. Eventually you'll have it updated tomorrow :)

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I could complain about the late update, but considering the three week long Bomberman round, two days is pretty quick! :p

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
No problem, Groose. Take your time. The next round will be a train-wreck anyway... (<_<)

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
Mr. Game & Watch

Want: 67% (I go him just to troll with the 9 hammer)

Impa: 22%

I think Marth and ZSS are locks.

Bowser Jr. x5

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Mr. Game and Watch: 100%

He's a staple. Why was he even on here?

He a cool dude.

Impa Prediction: 12%

I bet Diddy is gonna drop in to say hi.

Nominations:
Wolf x2
Sheik x2
Dark Samus

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Mr Game and Watch: 100%
He's an icon and has a special place in Nintendo's history. And apparently, his appearance in Melee was to pay tribute to the one who created the Game&Watch line of games. He stays.

Want 100%
I like the dude and have fond memories as a kid playing the Game&Watch Gallery games on Gameboy.

Impa 20%
She is valuable to the Zelda series in several games she appeared in but I'm doubting her appearance. If she were to appear, I want the plus size Impa. We need more women with more defined curves in Smash Bros (not counting Jigglypuff).

Groose

Smash Champion
Mr. Game and Watch: 99%
Mr. Game and Watch has one key trait that makes him essentially a lock: he is 2D. He's by far the easiest character to create; he has no complex animations or the like. As the easiest character to make, I'm certain they will opt to use him to keep the roster large.

Mr. Game and Watch Want: 100%
I'm not against cuts, but the primary reason I want them is that they will free up time to work on newcomers. Cutting Mr. G&W would hardly free up any time at all; he's so basic that he is far quicker to add than any potential newcomer. Besides, he represents a large part of Nintendo history and he's incredibly unique.

Impa Prediction: 12.32
The powder keg. It is about the be lit. BOOM!

Anthony Higgs x5.
Don't you know how to treat a lady?

Day Over
Groose Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom