• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Jigglypuff

Likelihood: 100% - No way she's getting cut, and as a Fairy-type she has even more of a reason to stay. She's not gonna be as low on the priority list as she was in Brawl.

Want: 100% - Previous main from Melee, I'd love to main her again if they can just make her decent again.

Lyn Prediction: 17%

Nominations:
5x Ike

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Jigglypuff will lure everyone to sleep!

Likelihood: 98%
She's been a part of the series for what? FOURTEEN YEARS! It's seems like a crime to cut her.

Want: 100%
No Cuts!

Lyn Prediction: 31%
I'm kinda surprised with the comparatively high numbers everyone is predicting for her.

Nominations: Toon Zelda/Tetra x 5

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Purin:

Chance: 99.99%
Fairy type represent!

Want: 85%
She's okay, I don't use her, but she's part of the series now.

Lyn: 15.15%

Slime*5

Ephecus

Smash Apprentice
Jigglypuff

Likelihood: 95 %
If Jigglypuff would be cut, they should have done it in Brawl where she had next to no relevancy. Now with her new typing she can represent the new generation and is once again in the spotlight which makes her not only relevant but possibly gives her a revamped moveset too.

Want: 100 %
My most wanted O12 vet.

Nominations:

4x R.O.B.
1x Medusa

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff
Likeliness : 99%
I don't see her go away now.

Want: 75%
I don't like her and even after more than 10 years I'm still pissed at her for being in when Meowth isn't.
But even then, I still like her moveset, it's fun to beat people with her and it's thanks to a Jigglypuff player that I get better at mellee and Brawl.

Prediction
Lyn : 8%

Nomination
King Boo X5

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Jigglypuff chance: 95%
Shes original 12 and easy to design. Her non inclusion would be an odd choice

Want: 50%
I dont want to see her go, but at the same time I wouldnt be heartbroken

Lyn prediction: 12%
FE is really hard to predict, im never sure whats a fanboy pick and a serious pick :p

Noms:
Rayman x4
Skull Kid

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
JigglyPuff likelihood: 100%
The Original Twelve will be in every Super Smash Bros. No exceptions.

Jigglypuff want: 60%
I took Jigglypuff's appearance in the original smash as a joke. There were many better options at that time for a second pokemon represantative: Mew, Mewtwo, Meowth, Charizard( any of the starters).
I did play Jigglypuff a lot back in the day. She was good, but they made her horrible in Brawl; Short range attacks and can't even keep a player asleep long enough to last through her song!
Fix her and I'll be happy!

Lyn prediction: 20%

nominations:
Sandbag x5

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
Jigglypuff likelihood: 95% Despite its close call with getting into Brawl, I think Lucario and the Pokemon Trainer are much closer to the chopping block than Jigglypuff is. I really can't see them stripping the Pokemon reps down to only Pikachu and starting over from there.

Want: 90% I've always had a good time playing Jigglypuff, even in its relatively feeble Brawl incarnation (no seriously, only Yoshi's moves feel like they have less force behind them in that game).

Lyn prediction: 30% She's up there in visibility as far as FE reps go, but that's not exactly saying much.

Nominations:
Zoroark x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Jigglypuff's chances: 99%

Want: 100% - No cuts, please.

Lyn prediction: 19%

Nominate Chrom x5.

Keto

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff: 80%

Want: 20%

Lyn: 33.3333333....%

Sandbag x5

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Jigglypuff
99.99%
She has been in the past 3 smash games AND her being a fairy type pokemon now is a cherry on top.
Want: 90%
No cuts please! Never cut the Orginal 12!!!!!!

Prediction for Lyn: 37.88%

Nominations:
Sylveon x5

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Jigglypuff

Likelihood - 100%
Whether or not she's prioritized lowly again this time around, the fact that she's an incredibly easy character to create ought to solidify her place in the game, just like it did in Brawl.

Want - 50%
I enjoy massacring Jigglypuff as my beloved heavyweights, and it's enjoyable to watch tournament players pull off Rest during suspenseful matches, but I wouldn't be heartbroken to see her go.

Lyn Prediction - 9.5%
Tharja/Lucina/Anna/etc. have captured most, if not all of the 'moar females' crowd's attention, in addition to that of the 'relevance crew.'

Nominate
Ganondorf x5

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Jigglypuff - 100%
She's part of the original 12. Really, that's all that needs to be said. She could have been cut in Melee or Brawl if Sakurai thought her inclusion was a mistake or no longer important, but even being a low-priority character hasn't stopped her before now. Like it or not, Jigglypuff is an important part of Smash, and cutting her now would just be a mistake. She may end up being one of the last characters we see, but she'll be there, let there be no doubt of that.
Want - 75% - I don't play her, but I respect her and expect her inclusion. Should the unthinkable happen and she or any other original 12 character get cut, I'd be very disappointed.

Lyn Prediction - 12.5%
She has a fervent fanbase here, but I don't think that's going to push her rating much. There's a ton of Fire Emblem competition among which she isn't a frontrunner, and I think everyone knows it.

Nominations
Toon Zelda/Tetra x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff
Chance: 100% - Anyone from the first three games should be a guarantee.
Want: 88% - I often play as her. There is just something oddly humorous about watching powerful evil villains like Gannondorf, Bowser, and Wolf getting slaughtered by a cute pink singing balloon. :)

Lyn Prediction: 23%

Nominations: Chrom x5

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Jigglypuff - 95%. Very low chance she won't be in the game.
Want - 100%. She is awesome.

Lyn prediction: 19.45%
Nominations:
Waluigi x5

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Jigglypuff's likelihood: 100%. She/it is one of the original twelve. Chances are none of them are going anywhere.

Want: 50%. I'm indifferent on that character.

Lyn Prediction: 25%. She does have her fans. And she does have the whole assist trophy thing going on. But if I'm honest most people who wanted a female Fire Emblem character look to Lucina now. Given her relevance and importance.

Again, I nominate Ganondorf 5 times. Just so we can get it out of the way.

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
Chance: 100% She's not going anywhere.

Want: 65% I use her every once in a while, fun to use at times.

Lyn: 30%

Chrom x5

Groose

Smash Champion
I like how pretty much everyone as far as want is either 0% or 100% fact of the day: Jigglypuff is pretty much THE character that you either love or hate apparently.

Yeah. It's even worse than the Ridley and Roy days.

Groose, you've forgotten to update the last several days on the rankings list. :) (Takamaru, Lucario, Ice Climbers, Bandana Dee, and tomorrow, Jigglypuff)
I haven't been anywhere near a PC for the last couple of days. I've been doing everything mobile, and it's a rather difficult process there. Fortunately, with a PC in my reach, it should be fixed in an hour or two.

I do appreciate you contacting me about it; I am only human. I've forgotten in the past, but this time it was very much intentional.

that epic moment when you realize Yarne has more nominations than Anna.
I'm very conservative. I despise restrictions on freedom. I'll allow Yarne and even Omastar to fly. But the moment you nominate Dunsparce is when I start making rules about the nominations list.

Sebz

Luchador Extraordinaire
Jigglypuff~ 100%
O.G. Smasher who has gained the power to slay dragons.

Want~ 100%
All Jigglypuff, all rollout matches are a staple among my group of friends, as well it should be among all groups of friends.

Lyn~22.5%
There are other FE reps I'd rather see, but she does have her supporters.

Noms
Genesect x5

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Jigglypuffs Chance:100%

Want:50% I really do not care about it.

Lyn: 26%

Nominations
Chrom 2x

Groose

Smash Champion
Jigglypuff's Chances: 95% The reason I don't consider Jigglypuff to be an absolute lock is his late inclusion in Brawl. That really shook my confidence about whether or not he really did have a permanent seat. Even so, I'd say fate is smiling upon him: as time passes, he gains more traits (can you say FAIRY type?) and becomesa more long-lasting part of the series. Still, I do like to play it safe, so I'm going to leave off 5% in case if something goes amiss.

Jigglypuff Want: 100% Yeah, this may sound hypocritical from me, but it really isn't. I'm all for cuts; however, the original twelve is untouchable in my eyes. Jiggly is just such an integral part of the series now that cutting her would be like cutting Captain Falcon. Of course, I am even keener on her in this game because her moveset is ripe for tweaking. And her appeal has gone up since I heard her sing the Lavender Town theme.

Lyn Prediction:14.35% Have you guys seen GameFAQs? They consider her to be completely irrelevant and I doubt she'll break 5% there. She'll probably clock in at around 20% here, though.

Tingle x5! Almost there, Mr. Fairy! Please nominate Tingle!

The day shall end in about a half hour, so I recommend you all hurry and put your final thoughts in!

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Puff's chances: 97.5%

Want 78.3%

lyn prediction: 40%

Nominations:
Kamek x4
Ultimate Chimera:troll:

(but really ultimate chimera.)

Groose

Smash Champion
Jigglypuff (Pokemon): 95.93% overall chance (96.15% Smashboards, 95.37% GameFAQs), 76.82% overall want (79.06% Smashboards, 69.07% GameFAQs)

Jigglypuff falls only to the Ice Climbers in terms of chance and is also quite high in want. She must really have caught the competition asleep.

Today:
1) Please rate Lyn's chances and want. She's no stranger to the Smash scene, but does she have the power to debut as a fighter?

2) Please predict how people will rate Chrom, the candidate for tomorrow. Doing so can earn you five extra nominations, like those won by Groose and PK Wonder.

TheMasonOrder

Banned via Warnings
Lyn's Likelihood: 25% - As much as I like her, I might see her as an AT again. The FE roster may just be Marth, Roy, Ike, and Chrom.

Want: 35% - No thanks. I'm more of an Eirika and FE8 guy.

Chrom's prediction: 97%

Nominations:
Eirika 5x

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Lyn Chances: 20%
First Official International Lord is her only advantage over the rest of the cast.

Want: 0%
Hate hate hate her game

Predicting 84% for Chrom cause gamefaqs

Nomz: Ike x5

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
Ugh there has just been way to many fire emblem characters on this lately :(, not saying i dislike the franchise, but this is overkill

Lyn 10%: I really really think people are over estimating the fire emblem series, odds are that there will ONLY be two fire emblem characters, and maybe, just MAYBE 3, but fire emblem does not sell enough to warrant very many characters

Want: 10%: just not familiar with her

Chrom: 73%

Nominations:
Bomberman x5

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Lyn:

Likelihood: 5% - Fire Emblem will get 1 new character max, and that spot doesn't go to Lyn.

Want: 10% - I don't really care about her, she'd be a nice change of pace away from only males as FE reps I suppose, but let's face it, Marth does that well enough already.

Chrom Prediction: 72%

Nominations:
5x Ike

Groose

Smash Champion
Ugh there has just been way to many fire emblem characters on this lately :(, not saying i dislike the franchise, but this is overkill

Sorry. Out of my control. It took them two weeks to get a character in, and now they have the floor. Once we get through Lyn, Ike, Chrom, and maybe Tharja, we'll be done with them for a solid two weeks.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
Sorry. Out of my control. It took them two weeks to get a character in, and now they have the floor. Once we get through Lyn, Ike, Chrom, and maybe Tharja, we'll be done with them for a solid two weeks.
yeah i know im not blaming you at all haha your doing great it must be pretty stressful to count up all the percentage and be pressured to do it at a certain time

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Lyn: 13%
Her popularity is notable, though I'm not sure if its enough to get her noticed.

Want: 80%
She would be pretty awesome!

Chrom Prediction: 87%
GameFAQs will guarantee him. Ugh...

Nominations:
Pokemon Trainer x3
Ike
R.O.B.

Groose

Smash Champion
yeah i know im not blaming you at all haha your doing great it must be pretty stressful to count up all the percentage and be pressured to do it at a certain time

I'm not going to lie; it was pretty bad at first. I've got the hang of it now, though.

Still, it makes me wonder how Limelight did it all those years.

Sebz

Luchador Extraordinaire
Lyn~ 16.7%
+Assist Trophy
+Rather popular (?)
-Chrom

Want~ 20%
A female FE rep would be nice, but there are others I would rather see (Hector, Robin, etc...)

Chrom~ 82.4%

Noms:
Genesect x5

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Likelihood: 30%

She was an assist trophy in brawl so Sakurai thought something of her before, but the problem is what does he think of her now.

Want: 30%

I'm not familiar with her, but maybe she might bring something unique?

Prediction: 65%

GameFAQs might give him a big boost, but I think not an incredible one.

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
Lyn

Likelihood: 22% - If we get another FE representant, I don't believe it will be her, but she's got a small chance of getting in

Want: 50% - Meeh, couldn't care less about FE representants

Chrom Prediction: 84%

Nominations:
Zoroark x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Lyn

Chance - 25% - Yeah... with Awakening, Roy, and even potentially Anna in her way, she doesn't stand much of a chance. She may have pre-brawl popularity and move set potential on her side, but that's basically it.

Want - 40% - Eh... not a fan. I have nothing personal against her, but she stands in the way of Roy's return, and I'm not convinced that she will end up unique.

Chrom Prediction - 75% - FAQS will probably all give him 100s, but I can safely say that we're the majority vote. Still, I expect a few "rehlahvency" folks to pop up here.

Nominations
Pokémon Trainer X2
ROB X2
Toad X1

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Likelihood: 2% - As a FE character not named Marth, Roy, Ike and Chrom, she's got next to no chance as a playable rep. She'll just stay an assist trophy people, get over her for ****'s sake and move on with your lives.

Want: 0% - Her intolerable super-fans have made her like vitriol to me, seeing her on a bunch of rosters over any of the above four or other less stupid ideas like Anna or Robin has made it even worse.

Chrom Prediction: 65%: He'll probably edge out Roy by a decent margin but I don't think he'll be top of the charts either.

Nominations:
Samurai Goroh x3
Medusa x2

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Lyn: 35% A somewhat popular character that could bring a unique moveset. Still isn't as likely as a Roy or Chrom though.
Want: 100% One of my favorite FE characters who would bring a unique moveset
Chrom: 85% GameFAQs inflation.

Nominate:
Yarne x 4
Omastar x 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom