• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Lyn - 5%
Want - 100%

Missed the Brawl train, don't think she'll catch the next one. Too bad, she's a lot better choice than our current candidates IMO.

Marth/Lyn/Ike. If only...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Chances-10% Not likely really, there are other candidates that I can being put over her.

Want-40% Like her and her game and I do like the idea of a unique moveset that she could bring but I'm not as interested in seeing her playable, I wouldn't mind of course if she did get in but she's not that much a priority for me.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
S***. I missed Jiggs and I wanted to go all out on her. Oh well.

Lyn

Likelyhood: 20%
Not really all that relevent anymore. The only thing she has is her being DLC on FE:A.

Want: 30%
It'd be nice to see a fightstyle like her being playable but I won't be upset if she doesn't make it in.

Chrom:

Likelyhood: 70%

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
lyn: 15%
Want: 30% never played fire emblem. too bad too, seems like a good game. maybe if one comes out for Wii U I'll pick it up.

Chrom 70%

Nominations:
Kamek x4
Porky

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Lyn - 1%
Going to be a bit harsh here, but really, after missing Brawl, she has next to no chance of making it in. Unlike Owain, at least, she's theoretically possible: first international FE lord, was an assist trophy in Brawl, and has some popularity to go with her importance in FE history. Unfortunately, she's outclassed by competition: Chrom and Lucina are huge frontrunners for a new FE spot thanks to Awakening's success and the Arena Ferox stage, Ike has already beat her out for Brawl and has a more important legacy to the franchise if Priam is any indication, Roy has a far larger fan following and is also a Smash vet, and there's tons of other candidates to give her a run for her money. I could maybe see her make a return appearance as an assist trophy, but as a character, she's an extreme long shot.
Want - 15% - I have a bit of nostalgia for her, but I would be more disappointed she got in over Lucina, who's a more interesting female lord IMO.

Chrom Prediction - 54%
Should get the highest rating among potential FE newcomers. That said, with Lucina only getting 22.27%, I'm not really sure what happens here. I'll be somewhat optimistic with my prediction, but I could be way off.

Nominations
Toon Zelda/Tetra x5

AfricanSanta

Smash Cadet
Lyn Chances- 5%- Seriously, how many reps do people think Fire Emblem will get? Unless your name is Marth, Ike, or Chrom, maybe Roy, they aren't getting in.
Lyn Want- 30%- I don't mind her as a character, I just don't want her in Smash Bros.

Chrom Prediction- 82%

Nominations-
Dillon x5

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Lyn
Likelihood: 25% Too much competition from other FE characters.
Want: 30% Don't know too much about her, but I guess she couldn't be that bad.

Chrom: 80%

Nominations:
Masked Man x5

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Lyn: 20% It seems like she missed the train with Brawl... that said Sakurai could think he made a mistake... Yeah I doubt it too. Not that he isn't humble or anything just... why would he think that?

Want: 10% Eh she seems okay. I'm not completely indifferent though as there are so many characters that interest me more, and she seems like just another sword user.

Chrom: 70% I think he has a great shot, and I think others agree, but some seem to dislike him or think he won't get in for reasons that are unclear to me.

Nominations:
Geno x5

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Oh and props to Groose for updating the OP. You do a lot around here man for which we are grateful. That said, I'm glad you still pay attention to the details as for some of us it helps us get more excited about this little forum game.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Lyn's Likelihood: 15% for fireemblem's female fighter.
Want with the women warrior: 100%. would want to witness her war with other warriors.

Chrom conjecture: 69.46% Some seem to surmise the swordfighter as supremely certain. Detractors disagree, discussing his downfalls driving their doubt. Parsing the planner's preferential phrasing, panners postulate predictions without prior precedent to point to.
Nominations, now:
with Waluigi x5

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Lyn time!

Likelihood: 8%

This is me being generous, too. Marth is pretty much a given, but even then, she has to compete with Ike, Roy, and Chrom, all of who's chances are far greater.

Want: 25%
Meh.

Predicting a 68% for Chrom. Gamefaqs will over-inflate him. Smashboards will under-rate his odds.

Nominating Ike x5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I'm not going to lie; it was pretty bad at first. I've got the hang of it now, though.

Still, it makes me wonder how Limelight did it all those years.

Well I for one really appreciate all of your hard work. I've been a lurker on this site for years, and the revival of this game inspired me to actually start participating, so I hope it stays for months to come. I once hosted a version of RTC for about 80 days on Gamefaqs, from March 2012 until E3 2012, but I have long since stop posting on that frustrating forum. I understand how much time and dedication this project takes, but I always had a lot of fun with it. I have listed at least 200 characters that are worth rating (so far, Owain was the only one not on my list).

7. Takamaru (I Forget)
(Nazo no Murasame-jo) :)

I give Lyn about an 8%
Chrom, Lucina, Roy, and Anna all seem to have a stronger chance. Her chance was strong for Brawl; now her competition is too high.

I predict Chrom gets about an 82.5%

Nominate Saki Amamiya x5

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Lyn: 30%
If Sakurai goes back to Pre-Brawl for characters, she has a good chance. If not, then Chrom, Lucina, Roy, and maybe Robin all stamp her out.

Want: 89%
Its mother****ing Lyn.

Chorm: 59%
GameFAQS will probably be more acurate than Smash boards this time, since everyone hates Chrom here for some reason.

Noms:
Omastar x1
Gaius x3
Yarne x1

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I wish we did this anonymously. I wonder how much the first few votes skews the rest of them. Probably not all that much but still.

Lyn chances: 15%
Want: 65%

She was one of my favorite Fire Emblem characters, but Lucina came in and took over. Roy also resumed being one of my favorites after his redesign in Awakening too. That said, I'd be stoked to see her be playable.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Lyndis

Popularity: She has some popularity, but not a whole lot. She's less popular than Marth, Ike, Roy and Chrom, and probably less than Lucina as well.

Relevancy: She was the star of an FE game, the first one to be released in the US.

Design: Yet another sword-using FE lord. No more interesting than the others.

Roster: More female, looks less similar to the others than Chrom and Lucina do at least. I think an FE newcomer (or Roy, who I guess technically isn't a newcomer) is pretty likely. It's not a lock though. Four reps seems pretty unlikely to me. Just because FE fans are rabid and seem to want this game to be "Fire Emblem Fighters: Guest Starring Mario" doesn't mean Sakurai is going to attach more importance to the series than it deserves based on sales. FE fans are passionate but they're still a relatively small group compared to other series. Also, FE characters are fairly similar to each other and to some other potential newcomers representing NEW series (all of whom I'd rather see), which makes four reps even less likely.

Competition: She's got some serious competition from Roy and Chrom, and to a lesser extent Lucina.

Lyn chances: 3.3%
They're competing for most likely only one spot, and I'm pretty sure Roy (super popular among Smash fans) or Chrom (popular among FE fans, star of most recent game) is going to be it. She's only become less relevant since Brawl, so I give her slightly worse chances than Lucina.

Lyn want: 38%
(50% = indifference) This puts her among my most wanted FE characters. Basically because she's from the only FE game I've played, she's female and she doesn't have blue hair. But like other FE characters... meh. I certainly don't want them taking up more than one newcomer slot, and with so many options, I can't muster up much desire for any specific FE character.

Chrom prediction: 75%
Chrom fans seem very, very confident. Of course, not everyone is so confident, and some will rate him lower because of Roy and Lucina.

Nominations:
Ugh, well, I give up on delaying FE reps. I helped push Jigglypuff, Ice Climbers and Lucario above some of them, but looks like Ike and Tharja are coming soon no matter what, so whatever. After that we'll be done with the glut of them... But we'll still have to rate more of them later. Because FE fans for some reason feel the need to hear "yet another sword-wielding FE character with no chance, I rate 0%" over and over. Might as well nominate Prince Peasley, Tiny Kong, Jody Summers, Goomba and Skulltula.

Simon Belmont x5

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Just because FE fans are rabid and seem to want this game to be "Fire Emblem Fighters: Guest Starring Mario"
I am a Fire Emblem fan and I am offended by this statement. The guest star should be Link

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Lyn: 8% Slightly popular and an assist trophy. Outprioritized by about 4 FE characters.
Want: 50% indifferent

Chrom: 68.5%

3x Toad
2x Vaati

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Lyndis:
Chance: 0.1%
Roy's (potential) mom has got it going on, but as an assist trophy only I feel, she no longer has any relevance to the FE series, even less than Roy does. The reason she's bought up is because Rekka No Ken was the first western release, but these are games made in Japan, so don't bring that as an argument.

Want: 0%
I'd be less annoyed about her than Roy, because at least she'd play a little differently, but I still have no wish for her in smash.

Chrom: 89.12%

Slime *5

Ephecus

Smash Apprentice
Lyn

Chance: 5 %
She isn't very likely to appear as a fighter, but she has a sliver of a chance, because she was the first international FE lord and is also female

Want: 30 %
Eh, I wouldn't be really pissed, but there are much better characters to get that spot, even from the FE series itself.

Chrom: 66 %

Nominations: Medusa x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Lyn's chances: 5% - She might return as an assist trophy, but I doubt she'll be playable.
Want: 30% - Eh.

Chrom prediction: 83%

Nominate Samurai Goroh x5.

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Lyn
Chance: 3.6%
Her chances are lowered from Chrom, Lucina etc. Marth will easily be in. Ike is the next in line. I think the next In line after that, if FE gets a 3rd rep, is Chrom.
Want: 2%
I want Chrom A LOT more!!!!

Prediction for Chrom: 79.32%

Nominations:
Sylveon x5

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Lyn likelihood: 5%
maybe an AT again?

Lyn want: 25%

Chrom prediction: 50%

nominations:
Sandbag x5

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Likly hood 5%
Came as an assist trophy staying as an assist trophy

Want 0%
Don't care about lyn at all

Nominates
Sonic
Rob
Revote on Ridley

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I've missed the past few days!

Lyn Likelihood: 15%
There are more viable candidates. The next Fire Emblem character will most likely either be Chrom, Roy, or Lucina (smallest chance). Everyone else: no.

Lyn Want: 40%
Eh, I don't really care.

Chrom: 67.39%

As for my nominations, you'll be pleased:
Tingle x5

Reznor

work in progress
Lyn likelyhood: 1%
pretty sure roy would get in over her

Lyn Want: 0%
just don't like her

Chrom chance: 95%

Nom
Waluigi x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The want percentages here make me sad. :urg:

Anyways,
Lyn
Chances: 5%
She's very unlikely. Just too much competition.

Want: 100%
My most wanted character. By far.

Chrom prediction: 82%
GameFAQs will inflate his chances, no doubt. But I expect SmashBoards to reduce it.

Nominations: Toon Zelda/Tetra x 5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Lyn
Chance: 8% - She had her chance in Brawl, It's Chrom's time to shine. :)
Want: 40% - As cool as she is, I'd feel cheated if she got in ahead of Chrom.

Chrom prediction: 74%

Nominations: Toad x5.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Lyn prediction - 10%

Well she was an assist trophy, so there's some hope. Probably too much Fire Emblem competition for her though.

Want - 60%

It looks fairly likely...but I can't get over how he looks very similar to Marth....Chrom just seems terribly samey.

I would like to have her but I'm not desperate to have her...

Chrom prediction - 78%

Nomination:
Chibi Robo X3
Robin (Awakening) X2

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Lyn
Prediction: 12%
She is better than most FE character s, but the thing is that most =/= all. Chrom, Lucina, Roy and even Anna have just as good a chance, if not more.

Want: 5%
Didn't play her game,the only thing I know about her is her critical strike/aether animation is BAD***

Chrom: 65%

Noms
Rayman x3
Skull kid x2

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Lyn Chance: 0.01% lolno be reasonable people
Want: 0% Can we get characters that aren't from FE? I'm tired of giving all these 0s :troll:

Chrom: 86% FE Awakening is the most likely and most successful FE as of recently. Newer fans might want him in (btw when did Smashboards and GameFAQs switch opinions :troll:

Nominations: x5 Starfy

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Lyn
Prediction- 20%
Lots of hate for FE here, but she does have a chance being the first international lord and stuff. I surprised with all of the 0.1% because she isn't that unlikely of a character considering there are tons of FE characters and she's a AT.
Want-89%
One of my top 5 most wanted characters, some people just think of her as a swordlord but she is more than that and plus uses a different type of sword a katana.

Chrom 60%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom