• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Waddle Dee Chance: 65% if there was a 4th Kirby rep, in which I doubt will happen.
Waddle Dee Want: 75% I'm actually quite interested in him.
Jigglypuff Prediction: 54.68% Despite her being a veteran, most people will hate and want her to leave.
Nominations:
x4 Anna
x1 Tom Nook

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Bandanna Dee time!

Likelihood: 35%

A bit low, but I feel he has some shot as a sort of Dark Horse character. If any new Kirby characters get added, it's Bandanna Waddle Dee.

Want: 80%

I like the idea of him, but I wouldn't be devastated if he didn't make it.

Prediction for Jigglypuff: 75% because of GameFaqs

Nominating Chrom x5

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Waddle Dee with a bandana: 20%
The Kirby series is unlikely to even get a newcomer, and even if it were, there are still one or two other candidates (Knuckle Joe and Galacta Knight, anyone?) So yes, very unlikely. Maybe as a cameo in Dedede's waddle dee toss?

Want: 30%
Sorry, but I don't want any more Kirby characters. Tis fine the way it is.

Jiggs: 63%
GameFAQs is a thing.

Noms:
Yarne x1
Omastar x1
Gaius x3

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Bandanna Dee: 56%

want: 75% cool, I guess. I liek spears.

Nominations:
Kamek x4
Tom nook

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
Bandana Waddle Dee

Likelihood: 15% - I don't really see it happening. He may be the most obvious choice if there is a fourth slot for Kirby, but I think that the franchise is well represented by three characters.

Want: 60% - It would be nice to see him in Smash, but it's not like he's the character I want the most

Jigglypuff Predicition: 87%

Nominations:
Zoroark x5

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Likely hood 10%
Yea right the only thing famous about waddle dee is the kirby dream land remake that was supposed to be on the game cube

Want 9%
I don't care about waddle dee

Nomination
ROB x1
Genesect x1

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Waddle Dee's Chances: 5%

It took Sakurai until Brawl to add Dedede, a character's he's shown interest in since the beginning. If Sakurai is that afraid of showing bias, then Waddle Dee won't be happening for a while.

Really generic but the spear is cool

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Bandana Waddle Dee
Likelihood: 10% Even if Kirby gets another rep, which I don't think it will, I doubt it'd be him.
Want: 8% I think Kirby is pretty well represented with the 3 characters we already have, I just can't really see him being a Smash character. Nor do I really want him to be.

Jigglypuff: 90% She's been in all the games so far, so...

Nominations:
Masked Man x5

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Waddle Dee
Chance: 10% i dont see a need for another Kirby rep. and even if there was one there are other characters i could see before him.

want: 0% the time can be spent on a better character imo.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Bandana Dee: 10% Don't see another Kirby character happening
Want: 5%
Jigglypuff: 85% GameFAQs brings it down a bit
Nominations
Yarne x 3
Omastar x 2

Ephecus

Smash Apprentice
Bandana Dee

Chance: 15 %
It isn't likely that a new Kirby-Rep will enter and Waddle Dee is represented in another form already (Side B from King D3)

Want: 10 %
I wouldn't mind Bandana Dee that much, but as I already said I can't imagine a unique skillset for him. Even if he should get a spear this will barely help him (Thinking about it, the way that Marths sword deals more damage at its end, it kinda represents how a spearman would fight.) Also Kirbys universe has much more unique fighters (e.g. Adeleine, Marx, etc.)

Jigglypuff: 80 %
I hope that one of my mains will make it in, but some people seem pessimistic towards Jigglypuff.

Nominations:
5x R.O.B

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
30% If Sakurai adds another Kirby character it has like an 80% chance of being him. But since a Kirby rep is a bit unlikely he's not too likely
Want: 100% F*CK YEAH WADDLE DEE! WADDLE DEEDEEDEE!
Jigglypuff: 93.76%

Nominations: x3 Omastar
x1 Yarne
x1 Mr. Game and Watch

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Bandana Dee: 11%
If we get another Kirby character, it'll be him. That's the thing though. IF we get another Kirby character.

Want: 50%
I'd main him.

Jigglypuff Prediction: 91%
GameFAQs will unavoidably scream FURBIDDEN 12!

Nominations:
Pokemon Trainer x3
Ike
Lucas

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
Waddle dee 5%- Just because he was playable in return to dream land doesnt mean his chances are much higher, the kirby franchise needed a 4th character for that game, and they just decided to use waddle dee because they didnt have anything else. Goomba and koopa are partners in paper mario, and playable in sports games, but you dont see everyone thinking they will make it.

Want: 30% id rather not have him take up a roster space

Jiggly: 82%

Nominations: bomberman x5

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Gotta admit I'm surprised the Ice Climbers scored so high

Chances: 65%. He's the most likely Kirby Newcomer by far, but the series is pretty well-represented with three characters, and Waddle Dee is hardly the face of the franchise like the other three. That said, the people bringing up the "goomba" argument are ******** and should stop. He does have potential for being a unique character, and I've always said Sakurai values uniqueness a lot, but overall there are far more likely characters. I'd say he's guaranteed as an assist trophy though, if not a full-blown character.

Want: 100%. Definitely one of my most wanted characters. I think his spear could make him a fun character to play as, if not horribly original, and the Kirby series is one of my childhood franchises and I wouldn't mind seeing four reps for the series.

Jigglypuff prediction: 90%.

Skull Kid X5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Bandana Waddle Dee

Chance - 35% - Yeah... I will say that he is pretty much the only Kirby newcomer that we can expect. HAL labs has shown that they know how popular Bandana Dee is, and while not on the level as, say, Meta Knight, Bandana Dee is fairly popular among the fandom. If HAL suggests him (possible, but not exactly bet-worthy), and Sakurai does not think he will be biased in having him in (very doubtful on this one), he's probably going in. All in all, I'd say that while he has a noticeable chance, it's not much of one.

Want - 85% - As a long time Kirby fan, I'd love to see him in. However, other characters get priority over him, so it's a bit lower.

Jigglypuff Prediction - 97% - I'm going to go out on a limb hear and say that while FAQS may not be very smart, they're not complete fools, and will treat her justly. She does feel a bit more likely to be cut of the Original 12, but that's still the Original 12.

Nominations
Pokémon Trainer X3
ROB X1
Marth X1

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Waddle Dee:

Likelihood: 10% - Nope. Kirby is already completed, Waddle Dee is essentially just a filler character because of a lack of other proper characters in RtDL, much like the Toads in NSMB, except that Waddle Dee lacks any kind of big and noteable roles in the past and is essentially the Goomba of the Kirby franchise. I don't see it plausible.

Want: 50% - I'd think it'd be an odd choice, but I'm a big Kirby fan, so I wouldn't mind that much.

Jigglypuff Prediction: 88% - There's absolutely no reason to believe that Jigglypuff will be sent away, especially since it's a Fairy-type now. However, there will of course be detractors.

Nominations:
5x Ike

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Ok TBH I will be harsh to Waddle Dee
Chance: 3%
Ok... First off I remember playing one of the Kirby games and he was a boss. All he did was walk back and worth. ALL HE DID. :p I know not having a move set is stopping Sakurai like Villager wasn't supposed to fight. What is he going to do BODY SLAM lol. I don't see more than 5 moves he could have without being boring. A more obvious choice is Prince Fluff. Prince Fluff would have a much better move set. Finally more than 3 Kirby reps I think is unlikely.

Want: 0%
He would be too boring for me. Prince Fluff would be much more awesome. Waddle Dee should stick to one of DDD's moves instead.

Prediction for Jigglypuff: 91.78%

Nominations:
Sylveon x5

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Waddle Dee - 5%
Honestly, Kirby representation is pretty much perfect right now, and we all know Sakurai is afraid of showing bias to his own characters. There are just too many other franchises that either don't have a rep or have much more deserving new reps waiting to be included for Bandana to have much of a chance. Not to say it's impossible: given an abnormally large roster size increase, he might get a chance due to his small but notable fanbase (particularly in Japan where it really counts), but it seems like enough of an edge case that I would be surprised to see it happen.
Want - 0% - Doesn't really seem like an interesting Smash character to me, and the roster is still small enough that he would feel like a wasted slot IMO.

Jigglypuff Prediction - 95%
Really, she shouldn't be in any danger whatsoever thanks to being part of the original 12, and I think everyone knows it. Considering the Ice Climber detractors that I expected never really showed, I expect she falls in a similar range.

Nominations
Toon Zelda/Tetra x5

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Likelihood: 28% - Bandanna Dee's biggest hurdles is just whether or not we're going to get a fourth Kirby rep. If we do, it'll be him. If we don't, he's likely to be an assist trophy or a possible toss from Dedede's side-B. However, I personally think the Kirby trifecta is good as is, as do most people, so I don't see him being altogether likely. Possible, but not likely.

Want: 60% - I'd like him, but I wouldn't be broken up if he didn't make it.

Jigglypuff Prediction: 89% - GameFAQ's will probably drag down the percent a bit, but she's definitely not going anywhere.

Nominations:
Samurai Goroh x3
Medusa x2

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Ok TBH I will be harsh to Waddle Dee
Chance: 3%
Ok... First off I remember playing one of the Kirby games and he was a boss. All he did was walk back and worth. ALL HE DID. :p I know not having a move set is stopping Sakurai like Villager wasn't supposed to fight. What is he going to do BODY SLAM lol. I don't see more than 5 moves he could have without being boring. A more obvious choice is Prince Fluff. Prince Fluff would have a much better move set. Finally more than 3 Kirby reps I think is unlikely.

He would be too boring for me. Prince Fluff would be much more awesome. Waddle Dee should stick to one of DDD's moves instead.

Prediction for Jigglypuff: 91.78%

Nominations:
Sylveon x5
You do know he has a spear in return to dream land right? That's sum moveset potential right there XD

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Bandana Dee - 25%
Want - 10%

Don't hate him myself, but I don't see the appeal nor do I think a Kirby newcomer is needed (feels more out of place than a 4th Star Fox character IMO).

Am betting on this guy being an Assist Trophy, more likely IMO, apart of Dedede's Side Special.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Waddle Dee

Chances: 20% - As much as I like the Kirby series, I don't think they will get a newcomer until maybe Smash 5/6,

Want: 5% - Clearly, there's more characters that deserves it as of now. Waddle Dee can join in at a later date. I'd be okay if he does make it due to his unique spear instead of swords.

Jigglypuff - 90%

Vaati x2
Dillon x2
Medusa

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Bandanna Dee likelihood: 5%
His likelihood suffers in the same manner as Toad, they are both used as weapons by king Dedede and Peach.

Bandanna Dee want: 50% (indifference)
I do think he is a cool character, but if they are bringing another representative from Kirby put in the painter guy.

Jigglypuff prediction: 95%

nominations:
Sandbag x5

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Bandanna Dee Likelihood: 5% Honestly if he weren't playable in the most recent Kirby game, he wouldn't even get that much. I still really doubt it would ever happen though. He just doesn't have that much relevance to the kirby universe nor does he offer anything in the way of a unique moveset. Sure one could be made for him but that is true of everyone.

Want: 20%. I don't think he deserves to be in, and I don't think he is that interesting of a character. Honestly, the only reason I want him at all is because Kirby is an awesome series.

Jigglypuff prediction: 95% He's coming back, but there are probably some people who are going to say he was one of the last ones added to Brawl or some such nonsense.

Nominations:
Geno x5

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Liklihood 7%, only nominated him cause he is one of my most wanted newcomers
want: 95%

Jiggs': 97%

nom: oh... this is now extremely hard since waddle has come... x5 zoroark

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Waddle / Bandana Dee

Chances: 15%
Jigglypuff: 86.7%

Jesus Christ, Game FAQs have the worst opinions. Judging by the results on everything they seem really grumpy and hate everything.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Waddle Dee:
Prediction: 0% Let's be honest here, he has absolutely no chances of getting in. He's not iconic or unique enough, and already part of a good moveset by King Dedede. People have too much optimism for this guy.
Want: 0% Even though Return to Dreamland gave him a spear that's not enough for me to be interesting, he's also generic and boring to me. I love him but I don't want to see him in Smash, if they put him, I'll eat my shoe.

Jigglypuff: 65% I'm expecting a mixed bag here, Some people will go with the "original 12" theory (which I don't believe holds water) and the new Fairy type potential while others will say she's a waste of a slot, tired out as a joke character, and "irrelevant"

Nominations: x5 Starfy

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Waddle Dee/Bandana Dee

Popularity: Has some popularity in Japan. Not that much in the West.

Relevancy: He's one of the remaining plausible reps for Kirby, but in the end, he's a glorified grunt.

Design: They could work something with the spear, but he doesn't have the most potential out there (feels like he'd be somewhere between Kirby and Meta Knight)

Roster: The big three of Kirby are already represented, and there are other series waiting for their first reps or additional reps that should come first IMO. Putting in Waddle Dee would also most likely require changes to King Dedede's move set, unless he was made very visually distinctive from regular Waddle Dees (even so, it would seem weird).

Competition: Prince Fluff and Knuckle Joe have decent chances of taking a new Kirby slot as well without being as generic or requiring changes to Dedede. But I find a new Kirby slot highly unlikely in the first place. Sakurai doesn't want to overly promote his own series, he already has the major players from Kirby and if he puts in Palutena, he'd already be adding one of "his" characters. He might also be a little wary of showing favoritism because of how overpowered he made Meta Knight.

Waddle Dee chances: 2%
New Kirby rep is quite unlikely, he's not the most interesting character, he's part of Dedede's move set, and other Kirby reps could get in instead even if a new Kirby rep happened.

Waddle Dee/Bandana Dee: 23%
(50% is indifference, 0% is hate) Kirby is complete as far as I'm concerned, would prefer most potential characters over him, unless we had a huge roster.

Jigglypuff prediction: 94%
Some on GameFAQs are gonna hate, but I don't think most people are expecting her to be cut, even if she's in more danger as a more ancillary character.

Nominations:
5x Toad

Keto

Smash Journeyman
Bandanna Dee: 30% He is not likely; however, I can not shake the fact that I can actually picture him as a playable character. He is like Toad only from the Kirby universe.

Jigglypuff: 73.87%

Sandbag x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Bandana Waddle Dee drills his spear!

Likelihood: 17%
I honestly don't see him making it in. The Kirby series seems complete as it is.

Want: 80%
I would enjoy his inclusion. Although I haven't played Return to Dream Land, a spear user definitely piques my interest.

Jigglypuff Prediction: 63%
I'm sure plenty of people are still doubtful of her chances.

Nominations: Lyn x 5

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Bandana Dee: 27%
While Kirby probably won't see a 4th rep, I think he's certainly the most likely one. RTD was a recent game and bandana dee has appeared in a couple of games. Still, he's a pretty generic character, Dedede has his waddle dee move and isn't nearly as important as the other 3. Then there's also the fact that Sakurai's modesty could also keep him from putting him in.

Want: 60% He's got a spear...

Jiggs: 88%

3x Toad
2x Vaati

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't think people actually know Bandana Dee's history...

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I don't think people actually know Bandana Dee's history...
One magical, mystical day, the greedy lord of blubber scoured the depths of the blazing, deadly hole that was his pocket, and thusly plucked a newborn Waddle Dee with a Bandana from the hell hole, and threw the unfortunate infant at a blue hyper hedgehog and a fat Italian plumber?

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
6%

There is no need or desire for a fourth Kirby rep, and he wouldn't exactly be the ideal choice. On a 60+ character roster, sure, he's more reasonable, but even then, he's not even worthy of the 40 most likely characters.

I predict Jiggs to get a 95.5%

and I nominate Ryu (Street Fighter) x10

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Could've sworn I already discussed him....but anyway:
Bandana Dee:
Chances: 35%
He's unlikely, I admit. Kirby doesn't really need a 4th character, though if we did get one I'm 99% sure it would be him.

Want: 95%
SPEARCOPTER! Seriously, though, I love this little guy and would go crazy if he were in Smash....probably.

Prediction for Jigglypuff: 79%

Nominations:
Mach Rider x5

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Bandana Dee prediction: 2%

I'm not familiar with this guy (I know Waddle Dee as a minor enemy) and for one thing I can't see Kirby getting a 4th rep (because Sakurai is the creator...) and certainly not a character as seemingly generic as Bandana Dee.

Want:

0%

It's hard to want something you don't know much about. He looks generic too, even with the bandana.

Jigglypuff prediction: 85%

Nominations:
Chibi Robo X3
Robin (Awakened) X2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom