• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
4DK: 70%
Want 100% hell yea

neku and shiki: 1.1%
want: 10% havn't played the games but I remember reading about it in nintendo power.

rhythm monkey: 12% it's him or marshel, but most would pick marshel, at least, I think so.

noms:
brawl pokemon + mewtwo x3
pichu x2

D

Deleted member

Neku and Shiki
Chance: 0%
While The World Ends With You is a masterpiece for the Nintendo DS, it would seem to be a rather odd choice to include these two characters over others. And, there are other reasons:
1. This is Square Enix we are talking about here. They are strict with their characters. I doubt that they will allow Nintendo or Sakurai to put in one of their characters for this game.
2. There are better characters to represent Square Enix, like Slime and Black Mage.
3. While I've mentioned that the game is really popular, Sakurai has mentioned that Mega Man was a "special case" who was in a "league of his own." With that same logic, we can apply this to Sonic. I think it's absolutely ridiculous if we say that these two characters are in the same league as legendary characters like Sonic and Mega Man.
4. They're popular as well as their game, but I haven't seen too much support for them.
Overall, I doubt they will appear in the game.
Want: 0%
I'm not against the characters. I'm just against the idea of seeing them over a character that I really want. That and I haven't played The World Ends With You, so I can't really say that I want them.

4 Donkey Kong Characters
Chance: 15%
4 Donkey Kong characters? I doubt that will happen. But, to be fair, the series does kinda deserve it. Not only is it quite popular, but it's one of Nintendo's longest running series. So, it does have the right to have 4 characters in my eyes. It's not like choosing would be that hard either since the standout newcomers would be Dixie Kong and King K. Rool. But, I see it as either one of them getting in.
Want: 100%
I wouldn't mind 4 Donkey Kong characters to be honest. Dixie Kong and King K. Rool are fitting for the roster and… it would be a shame to see only one of them get in. It's going to happen that way, but I wish it wasn't.

Rhythm Money Prediction: 1.45%
I can't really say. I might abstain from this day since I never played/know nothing about Rhythm Fever.

Nominations: Captain Rainbow 5x

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Neku & Shiki
Chance 0.5%
I don't really know who they are, but apparently they come from Square-Enix and are from a minor franchise, so I really doubt it will happen.
Want 2%
Meh...

4 DKC Characters
Chance 35%
It's definitely possible. The definitive line-up of DK, Diddy, Dixie, and K. Rool makes a lot of sense. And Dixie and K. Rool are two of the biggest Nintendo all-stars that are still not playable, and the DK series is definitely big enough, and popular enough to deserve 2 new reps. I just find it a bit more likely that they'll just have 3 instead. Priority, and what not.
Want 100%
Yes, please!

Rythm Monkey: 8.7%

Nomination
Ray x5

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Neku/Shiki Likelihood and Want - 0%
Color me shocked that these are the sorts of characters left over to rate on Day 87 that lead to the insertion of far more intriguing options such as the one below.

K. Rool -and- Dixie
Likelihood: 77% - Virtually everyone who doesn't think this can happen or doesn't want it to falls back on the rancid "rep" talking point. Because they perceive the 'need' and/or 'deservingness' of any nameless, faceless character from the Mario, Zelda, and/or the new C-List (at best) series of their choice to be greater than that of one from Donkey Kong (or just nod their heads expecting this mindset to dictate roster choices), that character automatically is more likely to become playable, regardless of being...well, nameless and faceless, with all attention given strictly to their given icon.

Fortunately, neither K. Rool nor Dixie have to fall back on the arbitrary and hideously gut feeling-based notion of "repping" their series, because both have entirely valid reasons to be included, and neither's reasons trod on the toes of the other. K. Rool is the most wanted Nintendo newcomer across the globe and has been for years, fits into the heavyweight and villain character archetypes that have been fleshed out in each subsequent Smash game, and is one of Nintendo's last remaining all-stars not yet playable. Dixie meets this latter criteria, and also fits into the semi-clone character archetype that has been fleshed out in each subsequent Smash game (she fits so seamlessly into this role that, after evaluating data from Golden, it appears to be the role she ultimately fills with her cut Brawl data).

Adding an intensely popular character already mentioned in Sakurai's Brawl journal, then following up with a complementary semi-clone already recognized for her capacity to fill said role, seems like a no-brainer to me. Which is precisely why my rating isn't higher...Sakurai is at the helm. There are elements of predictability with his development, but beneath the surface, a whole pool full of allegedly unquestionable personal criteria play a role as well, perhaps more extensively than anyone predicts. And for any of those reasons, even the characters we deem most likely could miss out.

Want: 101% - I'll rate almost any option featuring a playable K. Rool with a solid 100%, but the option to hold a FFA entirely composed of Donkey Kong Universe characters, or even to pit all three Kongs against K. Rool for a battle of the ages deserves the extra percent.

Nominate...I don't know, Groose revote x5

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
4 DK characters
chance - 13%
Theres a good chance of Dixie. I don't know about K. Rool though
want - 100%
as long as its the relevant characters. though my personal favorite is Tiny Kong.

Neku and Shiki
chance - 0%
want - 0%

Rhythm Monkey: 2.2%

x5 Pauline

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Characters:
Neku and Shiki.
Chance: 0.33%
Who are these characters again? Joking aside if we ever get a Square Enix representative in Smash would be in this order Geno / Crono > Dragon Quest Character > Sora > Final Fantasy Character > Others.
Want: 60%
Cool game, with a great potential moveset, would be a nice addition.

Concept:
4 Donkey Kong Characters.
Chance: 10%
There are a lot of competition going on right now in the roster to have a place on it, especially for the new comers and there are many (Ridley, Palutena, Little Mac, Takamaru, Miis, and many more), seeing how Sakurai seems to have a lack of interest to the series or in general to the characters (only 2 characters from three games and counting and only adding it for the sake of adding instead of want from him) I don't know if there would be 4 characters from Donkey Kong Series in this Smash especially because Metroid, Kid Icarus, F-Zero, Mario, Pokemon, Fire Emblem and New franchises are competing to get the spotlight and get one more character.
Want: 5%
Not very interested in having four reps from Donkey Kong, I prefer that that spot would be for new series or a series that have the potential to bring something new to the table (don´t get me wrong I would love that King K. Rool being playable but I´m not so excited about Dixie and those are the most probable new comers from that series).

Prediction:
Rhythm Monkey: 5%
There are a lot of competition going on with a lot of new series.

Nomination:
Donbe and Hikari x 5.

.n_n.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
neku&shiki - 0.000018%
I'm probably one of the few people who actually played their game, but they are very minor square Enix characters, not important, or very worthy, and asking for a duo? not even a chance in ****
want - 0%
I ran out of link pictures so I feel like going with a k Rool one

DK 4 reps - 50%
Donkey Kong is a franchises that can defiantly warrant 4 characters, the only problem is the development team is thinking that too, putting k Rool and Dixie can solve both ends of the donkey Kong rep sides (because you know, for fans its either Dixie or K. Rool), but I still see it as a 50/50 shot.
want - 100%
hmmm what picture can describe my feeling about this . . . . . . . . . .
MemeCenter_1383003707537_85.jpg

nuff said
Rhythm Monkey - 1.22%
I have no idea
nominations - nobrawlcutsX5

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
neku&shiki chance: 0% i dont need an explaination for this
want 0%: never heard of them

4 dk characters:

chance 80% pretty sure this is happening. the original donkey kong arcade game is worthy 0f 2 reps alone.
Donkey kong is the 4th or 5th best selling nintendo ip, and the fact that star fox has more reps then it is so stupid.
Dixie and K. Rool are both immensely popular characters

Want 100%:
Donkey kong country series is one of my favorite game series of all time

Nominations:

Not sure if im allowed to do this but,
CONCEPT: 4-5 third party characters x5

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Neku & Shiki

This one is pretty simple. A lot of what I said about Cloud will still apply - there are better characters to represent Square Enix. TWEWY is not an ongoing franchise, so it won't push sales for either Square or Nintendo. They are, at least, from a game that is exclusive to a Nintendo platform though. And a Square Enix representative is not very likely generally.

Neku & Shiki chances: 0.5%
Bottom line is that Square Enix isn't likely to have any characters, and they have more prominent characters and series.

Neku & Shiki want: 35%
Not that into teams, didn't play TWEWY

4 DK characters:

Basically this is K Rool AND Dixie. DK has the history, the lifetime sales, a recent high-selling game and an upcoming sequel to it. They could certainly justify four characters. But they don't have to. And there are plenty of other characters they could add instead.

4 DK characters chance: 20%

4 DK want: 72%

Rhythm Monkey prediction: 4%
Meh.

Nominations:
5x Sheik

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Neku and Shiki

Chance - 0% - I can't really see them at all. They're competing with every Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy character, ever. It's not really what could be completion, so much as slaughter.

Want - 0% - They seem a bit too... how do I put it... "fresh" to me. No, not in that way, but in the sense that they lack the history I think a third party should have.

4 DK characters

Chance - 20% - I'm hesitant to say that any universe will have 2 character additions. I'd say only Fire Emblem can make that claim, and only if you count Roy as a newcomer, and that's not even 50% certain. I'd say DK is the next one in line, though.

Want - 70% - Interested in K. Rool, but not very interested at all at Dixie Kong.

Ookii Ook - 2 Ook 35 Ookii (2.35%) - Ook, ook, ookii ook. Ookii! Ook ook ook.
(In English - "The fact that they are so reoccurring helps them. But, I'm not too sure if that will save them.")

Nominations
Dark Matter X3
Hades X2

Louie G.

Smash Hero
NEKU AND SHIKI
Chance: .5%
Meh.

Want: 10%
Meh.

4 DK REPS

Chance: 75%
The chance is bigger than everyone makes it out to be. According to most, you can only have K. Rool OR Dixie. To me though, they are both very important and well loved characters that both deserve a spot among Nintendo's best.

What can I say, I love both of them.

Rhythm Monkey: 2.5%
I would actually love a Rhythm Heaven rep.

Noms: No Brawl Cuts x5

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Neku and Shiki
Chance - 0%
Problem 1: Not iconic enough
Sakurai stated very clearly when talking about Mega Man that he wasn't going to allow just anyone from other companies join. Neku and Shiki, regardless of TWEWY's cult status and great critical reception, just isn't iconic enough to the video game world or to Nintendo consoles to deserve mention in Smash.

Problem 2: Third Party
There's already two third parties in this game, Mega Man and Sonic, both of them extremely iconic figures. In high competition for a third spot we have Snake and Pac-Man, and then we have the likes of Lloyd, Simon and many others whose status goes much higher than Neku and Shiki.

Problem 3: Square Enix
The only character from Square Enix that was heavily wanted, for some reason, was Geno. IF, for whatever reason, Square Enix went against all odds and requested a character, iconic characters like early FF characters (Black Mage) or the Dragon Quest Slime would make SO much more sense.
And again, that's assuming Square Enix cooperates. Which they pretty much won't. Because it's Square Enix.

Want - 1%
I'd be one percent interested, but the remaining fibers of my body would hate a tag team of pretty much "who?" characters taking up a spot.

Four DK Characters
Chance - 24%
I genuinely see this happening. I'd be extremely surprised if Dixie didn't make it in the game, just like it'd be surprising if Sakurai ignored the tremendous desire for K. Rool pretty much everywhere. Add to all of this that the Donkey Kong Country games have resurfaced as great sellers for Nintendo thanks to Retro, and for the first time since the original Smash the franchise is honoring its status as a heavy-weight series.
It'd make sense, even if there's a lot of characters fighting for inclusion.

Want - 100%
Yes please.

Prediction
Rhythm Monkey - 6.35%
Finally ... I imagine it'll get low scores due to Rhythm Heaven being much more obscure to players in the west when compared to Japan.

Nominations
x5 Sheriff ... only character I see on the list with a reasonable chance. After this one I can focus on concepts and re-noms.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Neku/Shiki
Likelihood: 0%
I don't see it happening. They aren't at the icon status of other third party characters, not company mascots, and as of now aren't members of a video game series, just a single entity (TWEWY)
Want: 50%
100% for Shiki,0% for Neku. Shiki is a great character but I don't really like Neku. So I split it down the middle.
4 DK characters:
Other than Star Fox, it's the only series I can see hitting the magic number 4. And with the revival of the DKC series, it definitely merits the spots. There are many ways I can see this happening. I think there is a good shot of seeing this.
Likelihood: 50%
I want Dixie and many others want K. Rool. Both warrant a spot based on their place in Nintendo history. Not much else to say.

Predictions: Rhythm Monkey 2.3%
Nominations:
Isa Jo (Sin and Punishment) x1
Matthew (Golden Sun) x 4

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Neku and Shiki
Chance: 0% - They would be among the most random third-party picks imaginable.
Want: 90% - I've always wanted to play The World Ends with You, I've heard nothing but good things about it and the characters seem really cool.

4 DK reps
Chance: 14% - I don't think there's room for two more, sorry.
Want: 52% - I'm pretty indifferent to the DK franchise.

Rhythm monkey prediction: 2%

Nominations: Aeron x5

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
"Follow my lead!" "Screw that.": 2%
Something tells me we're not getting a Square Enix rep, even if they deserve one.

Want: 99%
TWEWY was one of the best games on the DS, if not of all time. Neku, I feel, would be an excellent fit for Smash Bros. due to his extremely varied moveset. Shiki, though... Shiki wasn't any more important gameplay-wise than Neku's other two partners. The battle system in TWEWY features Neku and his partner fighting opponents independently of one another on seperate screens, only fighting together when they execute a Fusion Attack. This is why I feel that Shiki (or Beat or Joshua) should only show up as Neku's Final Smash.

4 DK characters: 21% By far, the most likely way this situation could occur is if Dixie Kong and King K.Rool are both added. I think Dixie Kong has about a 60% chance of getting into this game. K.Rool, on the other hand, has a 35% chance. 60% * 35% = 21%.

Want: 50%
No preference, I don't really like Donkey Kong too much.

Rhythm Monkey prediction: 5.9%

Nominate:
No Namco rep x5

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Neku and Shiki: 0%

4 DK Characters: 25% I don't think Dixie is to likely and I especially don't think she will get in with King K. Rool (or a random joke character)
Want: 0% No Dixie

x5 Toon Zelda/Tetra

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
They would put in Sora before them. That's not saying a lot.

Completely not interested in a tag team of those two. It looks like a cool game though.

NOW LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS!

4 DK reps: 40%
A Donkey Kong rep is inevitable and they both hold a lot of value especially over the characters we could add in this game. Still, Sakurai might be out to promote more series this time around and we have less space this installment.

I'm 58% done with DKC3 right now. :awesome:

Prediction: 3.1%

Nomz: 10x Sheik

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Donkey Kong Country 4
Likelihood: 68% - To be honest, I think DK is a large enough franchise to offer us four characters, just like how the big three did in Brawl. And both Dixie and K. Rool are memorable and popular enough to warrant a spot in Smash. That said, though, something could happen and we might end up with either one or the other, Diddy and Dixie as a tag team (which I personally don't as a big issue), or, in the worst and most unlikely scenario, neither.
Want: 100% - By the almighty beard of Poseidon, yes, make this happen!!

Monkey Rhythm
Prediction: uh... 2.5%? I really have no idea what to expect.

Nominations
Zero Zero Seven x5

... I feel like I'm forgetting something...

Oh! Right! The guys from TWEWY!

Yeah, double zeroes for them. I mean, what ELSE do you expect?

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Neku Shiki
chance 1% They have itoo much obstacles as 3rd party characters.
want 15% There are other characters i'd rather see but I wouldn't complain.

4 DK characters
50% Chance because it's not out of ordinary for a series that big to get two newcomers.
50% Want I have no objections .

x5 Rosalina

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Neku and Shiki's chances: 0%

Two Four DK reps: 35% - I dunno, my gut feeling is that we'll only get one or the other, but they're both pretty popular, and DK's probably big enough to warrant two new characters, so getting both Dixie and K. Rool is definitely possible.
Want: 100% - K. Rool is one of my most wanted newcomers, and I also like Dixie, so yeah, if we can get both that'd be great.

Rhythm Monkey prediction: 4.50%

Sheik x5

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Neku Shiki

Chance: No 0%
Want: No 0%

Ahhh a little switch up! Concepts were a great idea Groose! (Credit goes to whoever else helped)

4 DKC Characters

Chance: 45%
There is a pretty strong chance for this. DK, besides Mario and maybe Zelda, is Nintendos most popular franchise. They have alot going for them, and they are one of the moat underrepped franchises other than Metroid IMO.

Yes please. Adding both K Rool and Dixie Kong would be a grand slam for fans. It would round off the series nicely, and also give closure on K Rool being relevant anymore. You got your sidekick, your villain, your femme fetale (I hope I spelled that right) and DK himself. There would also be alot brought to the game by adding both characters.

Rhythm Monkey: 0.23%

Nominations:
Goemon x5

Ill have to think of a new concept now...

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Shiki, though... Shiki wasn't any more important gameplay-wise than Neku's other two partners. The battle system in TWEWY features Neku and his partner fighting opponents independently of one another on seperate screens, only fighting together when they execute a Fusion Attack. This is why I feel that Shiki (or Beat or Joshua) should only show up as Neku's Final Smash.
That's a great point. I hadn't thought of it that way. I was thinking that Shiki would handle the A attacks with Mr. Mew, and Neku would use Psychs for the specials. I was thinking about how they are a team in the game and fight at the same time. It's true, though, that they don't actually fight side-by-side, except possibly in the fusion attacks, in most of the fights. I might even change my sig and rosters because of this.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Neku and Shiki chance=1.5%

Neku and Shiki want=100% This is (or was) my second most wanted newcomer. Spears in Smash Bros. has just about convinced me that Neku by himself would make more sense, but I can't bring myself to lower my want precentage for this character.

Four Donkey Kong Characters chance=20%

Four Donkey Kong Characters want=0% Honestly, I would be fine with it if Diddy Kong were cut.

Rhythym Monkey chance=0.2% who?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Neku and Shiki:
Unfortunately for these two they are neither the face of the company, nor a legendary classed pair of characters. They're less well known than a lot of Square Enix's creations which stands in their way as well; Cloud, Black Mage, Chrono, Slime, Sora...they don't stand a ghost of a chance.

Want: 20%
Never played TWEWY, so I'm mostly indifferent. On the plus side they are neither Cloud nor Sora. On the downside I'm not a big Square Enix fan anyway.

4 X DK Characters:
Chance: 75%
DK being the fourth best selling Nintendo title, it's frankly bizarre that Diddy was only just added in Brawl. However, now Sakurai's at least given a nod to this fact, K. Rool and Dixie's chances have both increased on getting in. The DK cartoon show was allegedly popular over in Japan, so the two have that in their favour as well(much like Black Shadow's popularity comes partially from the anime, partially from the games). There's actually little logical reason this couldn't happen, so I'm going to rank it fairly highly.

Want: 80%
Whilst not a huge fan of the Donkey Kong series myself, I can understand why it's popular, and was clamouring for Diddy since the 64 days(I was honestly shocked when the last secret character turned out to be the then unknown to me Ness). Now Diddy's in, I'm all for more DK representation seeing as how popular the characters actually are. Not including Mewtwo and Roy, K. Rool is the most wanted newcomer at current I believe in Japan isn't he? Dixie also has huge amounts of popularity and frankly if it puts an end to the odd squabble between who is more important; the antagonist or the tritagonist I'm all for it.

Nominations:
Yoshi Alteration(Yarn/Baby on board) X 5
What am I nominating?
Basically will Yoshi be back as regular ol' Yoshi or is he going to come back with either the Yarn Yoshi look or with a baby Mario/Peach/DK/Bowser/Wario gimmick? The latter was a semi popular theory pre-brawl if I recall, whilst I've seen a few people bring up the possibility of turning Yoshi into his yarn incarnation this time round.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
4 Donkey Kong Characters

Chances: 65%
Perhaps I am overstating such an estimated assessment, yet when only considering the creditable properties of both King K. Rool and Dixie Kong, they are rather excellently meritorious. Both of them have considerable popularity among the general population of the Super Smash Brothers spectators and fan-bases, with the highly-requested K. Rool among the most prevalent (and even acknowledged by Masahiro Sakurai himself). They both bring a varietal assortment of diversity to the roster, in terms of of archetypal characterizations (a villain in K. Rool, for example), previously-conceptualized plans that Sakurai can revisit (Dixie as one of the Forbidden 7, as another example), weight classes (again, with K. Rool as a heavyweight), and simply straight-forward, easy-to-make move-sets (given the abundant source material to draw from for both characters), as well as providing versatility within the competitive environment. Both are critically-essential (although K. Rool far-more so) to their own respective series, so any one of them making it in wouldn't stand out as awkward, but rather all-important. Finally, considering the increasingly-depleting amount of Nintendo All-Stars left, both K. Rool and Dixie have opportunistically-favorable openings for character inclusions.

I'm not necessarily going to be optimistically-inclined into declaring these two characters being included side-by-side as inevitably, even inherently, obvious (although one of them being included is), because as we all know, Sakurai may very well consider the need for only one without the other. Yet, I'm going to take my chances with this one prediction, more-so than any other. Just as long as King K. Rool becomes a playable character, I will be greatly satisfied.

They are most definitely deserving.

Neku and Shiki

Chances: 0.2%
As has been said before, other more significantly important Square Enix characters (Crono, Black Mage, Slime, etc.) will be considered long before these two.

I do not care in the slightest.

Nominations:
Matthew (Golden Sun) x5

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Neku Shiki:

It may be a Wonderful World, but is it honestly as wonderful as Dragon Quest? Final Fantasy? SaGa? Any of the many other series from Squeenix that have more than one game?

I'm a Dragon Quest fan. I'm a Slime Mori Mori fan. I even liked Dragon Quest Wars. Any other Squeenix series getting in means my main man Slime won't! And either way they deserve the slot less than DQ's main contender Final Fantasy, who I could just about accept after complaining profusely at how the series has emigrated to Playstation.

4 DK characters:

Chance: 32%
Dixie doesn't really bring much to make her special, and her popularity falls far short of K.Rool. She's still popular, but I feel her chance is better if representation is the key and K.Rool is getting left behind by the series. If the King gets in I think her chance fall dramatically as she has to compete with characters with more interesting (and less made up/stolen from Tiny Kong) movesets from other franchises.
As for anther fourth character... I would laugh my butt off if we got Cranky or someone, but I really don't see it. Rambi's the only character that should get the Smash treatment, and that should be in the form of an AT or Final Smash in my opinion.

Want: 30%
I really want K.Rool but honestly don't care for Dixie in smash. She was a big draw for DKCTF but that game doesn't need as complex a moveset.

Rhythm Monkey: 0.7%
I want Rhythm Heaven representation, but a stage and ATs seem far more likely, and I imagine the majority of people feel that way.

Knuckles*5
(He's got a four headed penis, he's totally man enough for smash bros!)

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Neku and Shiki: 1%
Want: 10% (Who?)
4 DK characters: 40% I don't know... 3 DK characters doesn't even feel like a 100% guarantee (more like a 97% =P) I can see DK's Merits to this but a situation where Sakurai really felt the need to add both seems a little off
Want: 50% conflicting feelings here. I don't like Dixie Kong, she just flat out rubs me the wrong way. I can get behind K Rool though...
Rhythm Monkey: 1.1%
Bulborb x5

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Neku and Shiki

Chance: .04 - They aren't real legends and they're owned by Square-Enix.

Want: 70% - They don't have any business in a Smash game, but if by some stroke through logic they did make it, I'd be pleased to play as them as I enjoyed TWEWY or what little I've so far played of it anyway.

4 DK Characters

Chance: 50% - It's likely.

Want: 90% - I think both Dixie and K.Rool would make great playables. Dixie seems interesting enough and I want to meet K.Rool's cannonballs (you know he'd have'em somewhere in his moveset) with Megaman's Metal Blades. I think DK, Diddy, Dixie, and K.Rool complete the DK set.

Rhythm Monkey Prediction: 3.45% - Blind Guess.

Nominations:
Fawful the Awful x5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Chance: 0.05% Great idea for a duo, but since Nintendo doesn't own Square's franchises, they're a very unlikely third party.

predict: 3%

nominate Victini x1, Daisy x2, Dark Samus x2

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Neku and Shiki:
Likelihood: 0%
They're owned by Square Enix and they are usually very hard to deal with. They aren't legendary 3rd parties either.

Want: 25%
I've not played TWEWY. But I do kind of like their design.

4 DK characters:
Likelihood: 50%
It can definitely happen, as King K. Rool and Dixie Kong are deserving and well-demanded characters in their own right.

Want: 75%
The more the merrier.

Rhythm Monkey prediction: 2%
He's unknown, which I think will bring down their ratings.

Fawful x 5

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Sorry I haven't been posting much music lately (it made my day when I opened the special thanks for the first time in weeks and saw I was the music editor) but I just don't recognize any of the characters that have been popping up. But with Fawful, Victini, Omastar, Daisy and Rosalina all coming up I should get back to posting boatloads of music at a time. Oh, that reminds me, are we doing music for concepts?

Groose

Smash Champion
Sorry I haven't been posting much music lately (it made my day when I opened the special thanks for the first time in weeks and saw I was the music editor) but I just don't recognize any of the characters that have been popping up. But with Fawful, Victini, Omastar, Daisy and Rosalina all coming up I should get back to posting boatloads of music at a time. Oh, that reminds me, are we doing music for concepts?
Nah. I mean... it's not like a certain concept would bring music into the game, y'know? The point of the music section is to show what types of tracks a person is associated with and what they may bring with them into the game.

And no problem. If you don't recognize someone... nobody is forcing you to play that day.

Strike One: They are third party, but they lack "legendary" status. Heck, they lack even "semi-legendary" status, like Wright and Layton have.
Strike Two: The game they're from is critically acclaimed and has a cult following... but it isn't mainstream nor is it what the company is known for.
Strike Three: The suggested "tag-team" combo is too specific... I'd say the chances of Neku getting in alone are greater, and they are still almost nonexistent. Heck, Tails doesn't even accompany Sonic.

Neku and Shiki Want: 0%
Don't really like their design, to be honest, and I don't think they fit. Besides, there are far too many third parties I'd want before them.

Four DK Characters: 15%
It's very rare to see a series get two characters in a single shot. Mario and Zelda did so in Melee, and Pokemon and Kirby did it in Brawl. I could and probably should count Pokemon and Fire Emblem in Melee, but their additions were carbon clones.

Anywho, it's been done before. With a degree of frequency. However... I'm not sold. There are probably going to be fewer newcomers this time, and I'm not so sure they would draw them from the same series... Heck, they seem to be going for new series so far.

I've got this feeling that tells me it will be one or the other. I'm going to say 15% we get four, 75% we get three, and 10% we get two.

Four DK Characters Want: 100%
Dixie Kong has been around for a long time. She's been a very active character and is very much a part of my childhood. The thing is... she's too similar to Diddy. They could make her unique, yes, but I'm happy with just playing as Diddy. She's a somewhat disappointing roster spot in my opinion.

HOWEVER! This also pretty much guarantees that my favorite crocodile and most wanted newcomer would make the cut, so... I'll bite. It may waste a spot for someone else, but I'll take K. Rool however I can get him.

Rhythm Monkey Prediction: 4.43%
We kinda talked about Karate Joe as if he were the only possible Rhythm Heaven rep. Really, they all have a small chance. So... this seems reasonable.

Ray (Custom Robo) x5

Groose

Smash Champion
Neku and Shiki (The World Ends With You)
0.34% chance
21.84% want

I pity them. I really do. They fell short of everyone but Cole in chance and placed even lower than Tingle in want. The fate of being third party, eh?

Four DK Characters
42.03% chance
75.60% want

Oh my coconuts! This idea turned out to be really, really popular. It did great in chance, almost breaking the 50% mark, and performed almost as well as K. Rool in want. It turns out that Dixie is kind of a drag for you... but anything with K. Rool will print gold in the end!

DANCE! DANCE! DANCE! Today we're having everyone's favorite monkey DK Diddy Dixie Samba AiAi Rhythm Monkey. Please rate this recurring Rhythm Heaven character in both chance and want.

Oh, boy. Here we go. You asked for it, you got it. We'll be rating No Cuts from Brawl Today. Please rate how likely it is we'll receive no cuts... and how much you'd love for that to occur.

Tomorrow... Fawful will be sprinkling rage dressing upon the salad of this game. Please predict how effective his mustard of doom will be on tomorrow's voters. A winner is Lonekonwolf, who wins TEN extra nominations for becoming the fifth person to guess the score on the dot. Gratz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom