• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Mii Fighters Satisfaction: 5%

I personally do not like the Miis, I'm sorry. I just don't. However, I guess they get a tiny bit of praise for actually not completely relying on sports moves like I imagined em to be like, but even then I still despise them. I was hoping they'd never make it in, but unfortunately we have them now.. Although there are 3 types and I like variety, I'm still not big bout the Miis themselves, and never will be.

:4palutena: Palutena satisfaction: 100% :4palutena: (would be higher % if possible)

You already know I'm super happy about her reveal. Those Miis at the beginning really made me discouraged about the e3 and I almost was gonna stop watching, no joke, but a friend told me to keep watching. At the end, with that smash symbol and part of Palutena at the beginning, I was springing up to excitement, seeing Pit and Link fight. After seeing Palutena save Pit, then toss him away, things got better. The fun bantering and epic moves just made her much more epic, even better than I could have imagined. All them powers, and that Black Hole + Mega Laser combo, oh boy... And that Dark Pit tease, too. Too amazing. Did I mention the voices throughout the trailer (including that 1 Viridi sentence) made it more epic? Well, it did. The bantering and all of the Powers she uses has brought the Kid Icarus Uprising goodness to us, in the form of such an epic trailer and moves. At the same time, just reading about Palutena can be greatly customized with many different moves just made me love her even more.
Palutena was the only character I wanted, and my wish has been granted. I'm eager to main her along with Pit most definitely.
To make it short, Palutena alone was the saving grace on the hype for me, and her trailer will definitely be my favorite that I'll be watching a lot. <3

Pac-Man Satisfaction: 0%

I'm gonna be honest and say that if you though I disliked the Miis, Pac-man was worse to me mainly because he killed my hype after Palutena was revealed, not to mention he wasn't shown during airing time. I understand Namco is helping Sakurai, but keep in mind that this generally is about Nintendo characters fighting each other. I can understand Sonic, I got used to Snake in Brawl (except I didn't like him being OP'd), and I don't mind Mega Man at all, but Pac-Man... no. The Namco part was understandable, but I just didn't want him to happen.
It goes like this: Miis ruined the hype, Palutena skyrocketed it back up higher than before, then Pac-Man dropped it down for me again, with Palutena being the saving grace.

The tl;dr version is that Palutena being revealed and her trailer was the only thing I loved and was hyped up about. She was the saving grace of my hype, which coincidentally she is pretty graceful. :4palutena:

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
:4palutena: 101%. Everything I wanted, all in one package. Awesome voice actress, incredibly varied moveset that is both flashy and interesting, and she looks awesome. And that trailer is amazing.

:4pacman: 60%. Let me clarify. I'm 100% satisfied with the design, and the moveset. However, the character overall being there is something I'm not sure I'm fully alright with. I get that Namco's working on the game and should expect this, but I sort of only completely love third-party characters if they have a long and storied history with Nintendo I completely dig, or are Solid Snake. So I'm not really big on Sonic either, and don't really care about the whole "Sega and Nintendo" 90's "conflict", and since I never was great at Sonic games apart from Adventure 2, so...eh. (It didn't help that Sonic has objectively the least-inspiring moveset in the whole game.) So, as for Pac, I'm lukewarm on the character itself, but love the design, and the classic Namco elements.

:4mii: 15%. 15% is an incredibly arbitrary number, but it's pretty much there because of how awesome the Iwata+Reggie fight was, and how interesting the concept itself is. However, I never really cared for Miis, and, although I'm glad they aren't incredibly generic, I'm disappointed they 1. Don't feel like full characters because they can't be used online. 2. Had a fairly long and dull "trailer". And honestly, I figured out what was happening as soon as the fight started, and couldn't enjoy Reggie and Iwata kicking the **** out of eachother because I knew what was coming. 3. It's dawned on me that with a bit of extra effort, those movesets could have been used on at least 2 other characters people were actively rooting for, if not 3. Have a playable Mii if you want, but 3? Sigh.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I now noticed what some people are saying regarding Palutena's (lack of) expression.

In a game where every character is full of facial emotion, Palutena is kind of lacking in that department.
Heck... even Megaman smiles now. Maybe this is all still work in progress, but it would help so much if she got a few giggles, a few little angry expressions here and there. If her trailer was anime inspired, why not make her expressions anime inspired as well?

Still, great character. Great moves. And overall, great trailer as well. Palutena has so much attention, this detail should be nothing to Sakurai.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm preeeeetty sure it's just because work in development. The same thing happened with Mega Man, Pikachu, etc. initially. Expressions are details usually finalized later.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Its'a Mii of Mario!: 50%

As I've said before my understanding of Mii was wrong, but within that understanding I was right. Mii as not considered a deserving character to have a moveset made around, and as such they mixed and matched three quick semi-clones... and they're not usable online so I'm not going to be littered with them from all angles, I'm not going to have to fight 20 hiitlers day 1, and by the sounds of it they haven't wasted that much time balancing them properly (they're not tourney viable). These things are more important to me than anything else!

So with that out the way, what do I feel about the three semi-clones in various skins? Well not a lot, really... At first I thought they were alt skins for Little Mac and Link in their trailer (and imo that Reggie vs Iwata thing is a trailer), which already set me up for the 'this is just a thing for casuals'... which it is! Mii is banned from For Glory, so yay.

I still think they could have saved time by not including them, but as is, they clearly didn't spend that much time on them given that they're more loosely balance mix and matches of other characters. Meaning they've left time to put in characters we actually care about; and this is great!

In all this didn't waste much development time, and they actually had the coolest trailer yet, so I can't hate on them, they're just not an element that matters to me.

On the down side they said we can now put any character in Smash with them, but I retort, how does one have a Slime Mii?! You're not thinking this through Sakurai!

SHAFTED!: 90%

I like Shaft! I'm thoroughly enjoying Mekaku City Actors, like the Monogatari series, and had Madoka in the number second slot on my favourite Anime untill then spin-off movies ruined the perfectly concise storytelling... And I liked their worked on the KI Anime too! So seeing their trailer was amazing and super exciting... not up to the Megaman or Mii reveal, but still very well done! (I don't know if I prefer this or Little Mac... Wii Fit survived off surprise, though it again was very good.)

The character herself looks to have a number of the elements I wanted, though I wish they just showed us her standard move set for competitive play rather than all her Alt Specials... now I can't do proper analysis and see if I want to play her...

In all the trailer was amazing,, but I can't tell if she looks like a good character because it was so intent on shoving the customized moves down our throats! In fact that's something I feel stands out above all and will extremely detract from my overall satisfaction.

Yellow: 90%

I actually prefer the new design, but the classic design allows for the awesome moveset! Turning Pizza for his dash attack is amazing! The trailer was again done well, but so have all of them barr the Rosalina one so that's surprise. All in all it's just nice to see him in the game, but yet again I feel I can't tell how he works... I'm not sure if he's using custom moves or just that his move set is so eclectic that it defies normal analysis (as is expected of summoner types, and I did want one of those tbf)... He'd still get 100% from that though...

The thing that gets me is how he wasn't shown on stream, I heard about him through twitter, and it just didn't have the same effect. It was poorly thought out, especially just after a big Smash Event...

He also has amazing cover art with those classic sprites on the Pac-Maze... still prefer Megaman's but it's awesome! And the classic Pac-Man pizza in the trailer bit... they really did it well...

In all this has been done well, a character I dreaded has turned out to just be a semi-clone that didn't waste too much dev time, and two well wanted characters got into the game...

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
and by the sounds of it they haven't wasted that much time balancing them properly (they're not tourney viable).
"I think you can tell that the Miis are going to be just as competitive as the other characters." - Sakurai during the video introducing the Mii Fighters

I agree the character design was mostly just cobbling together bits from other characters (they do have some completely original moves though, like the Shot Put), so probably less effort than you might think. But with twelve unique specials for each one, three complete move sets, and lots of costumes does imply more work than any single character except maybe Olimar/Rosalina/Ice Climbers. I'd be surprised if they weren't at least the work of two characters.

But I do think they're balancing them the same as any other character.

On a related note, Sakurai also implied during the round table that character balancing is only done using the default special moves, so some characters may have customizable moves that are overpowered, and that's why they're not available in With Anyone online play.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Mii Satisfaction: 100% - Not playable with anyone online, gg Sakurai. Honestly, that was my one and only concern about Miis, that they'd flood online, I have no doubt that they can be decent fun in local matches, and the 3 movesets is a better idea than making them fully customizable, it's just easier to pick up and go with. I've said it before, the only thing I've ever had against Miis were my worries about them online, with that out of the way they look okay. Still not something I'm going to play, but I feel like I'm rating by concept here, and they pulled this one off perfectly.

Palutena Satisfaction: 20% - Honestly I didn't see anything that looked all that fun in her trailer, was a bit dissapointed to see her look so bland after so many supported her inclusion, I figured like with Mac that she would be a very interesting character then. I guess the fact that she gets entirely new moves from customization is neat, but it doesn't make much difference once you're in-game, and it's apparently disabled online, and will most likely be for tourneys too, so I don't really care about that. I never really planned on playing Palutena though, so I'm mostly just happy for her supporters, although I've been that ever since the leak.

Pac-Man Satisfaction: 10% - Pac-Man was the one character I dreaded the most for this game, and it was delivered just like that. The only plus is that he doesn't use that fugly new design of his and he actually transforms into the old classic blob regularly. Other than that I find his moveset to look like a mess.

Last edited:

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Mii Fighter: 35%

The Iwata vs. Reggie vid helped a lot with softening the blow. Still nice to see they put a lot of work into making it unique and I think a lot of people will be happy to play as their Miis. I'm not interested in it though.

Palutena: 60%

I'm not against her or anything but she was so expected that it was hard to get too hyped. Nice anime intro though and voice acting was good for being english, but the japanese was much better.

Pac-Man: 20%

I just don't like Pac-Man. And the way he was presented, on Twitter and everything, made it worse. Would probably be double that percent if he had been presented at the end of the Invitational instead.

Overall, three very likely newcomers but none that got me too hyped.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Random note: I may be displeased by the Mii Fighters, and not into Pac-Man... But that means little as to who I will main. When I play, I just care about who fits my play style. I wasn't only into high tier characters (although Sheik was my main in Melee, and Fox in 64). I also like playing as Ganondorf in Melee, and Lucas in Brawl, for example. I like playing as most of the characters at least some of the time (altho certain characters just don't work very well for me, so I rarely play as Olimar, ROB or Sonic).

The characters I like playing the most don't correspond to the characters I like the most. I love Mega Man and I think his move set really suits him... But if he doesn't fit my play style, he won't be my main. So even though I don't like the Miis as an inclusion, as far as I'm concerned they are fair game as far as who I will main. If they feel right, if I'm good with them, I'll play them a fair bit.

And that means it's possible they might grow on me because of that. In the same way that I like Jigglypuff and Sheik because of Melee more than I otherwise would.

However, I'll have to get some friends to play against from here in that case, because of the online restrictions and I don't have many friends IRL who like to play (esp. not many who like to play and are also good).

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Mii Satisfaction: 100%: Three movesets, that's neat.
Palutena Satisfaction: 100%: Gorgeous. Powerful. Customizable moveset. Epic.
Pac-Man: 70%: I was neutral at first... But we don't have a Ghostly Adventures' Pac-Man, his stage is epicly ugly (so it's fun :awesome:) and his moveset seems a bit quirky. I still have some issues with the character, but it's far better than what I expected.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Mii Satisfaction: 55%
Not the most interesting moveset, but not too bad. They are not playable online with anyone, which is great. The trailer was hilarious though, especially Reggie vs. Iwata.
Palutena Satisfaction: 90%
Amazing trailer in same style as Pautena's Revolting Dinner, with the funny dialogue that Uprising is famous for (and they even squeezed in some fanservice. :laugh:) and a rather full blown 12 special moveset. Not much else that I could ask for. That said, none of her moves really wowed me, so I'm taking some points off.
Pac-Man Satisfaction: 100%
Pac-Man's trailer leaned more on the comical side, instead of trying to be 'epic', like Mega Man or Greninja's, which suits him. He uses his Pac Man World look, and not his GA design (Thank heavens), plus his moveset is chock full of references to other Namco games. Really who would have guessed a summoner type of moveset for Pac-Man? Yes, I was very satisfied with him, despite him not being on my want list.​

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I don't want to start a "flame war" with you these are just my thoughts behind yours
  • Little Mac's trailer wasn't that "oh who is that boxer?" it was obvious from the begining, the whole trailer also has speech. So I guess you disliked his trailer too.
  • Are you saying you didn't like Palutena's revolting dinner?
  • Smash is a great SPOIL OTHER GAMES FRANCHISE, in these days is very hard to not being spoiled so if you want to avoid spoiler better not being in the internet.
  • KIU has been out for a while now, everybody that buys Smash and not anyother game from the franchises represented in it would end up spoiled, What are TROPHIES? collectable spoilers, stages are also considered spoilers (some of them), really if you want to see or hear something about smash and not being spoiled at least a bit you are doing it wrong. I fail to see how this affect you since you were not spoiled, it is like saying you are mad because other people can't go on vacation.
  • I fail to see how having more moves is a bad thing every character has 12 specials now the difference is that hers are all different you can take that as an advantage or disadvantage, in the past people complained because of clones and now people complain because they got something unique? I don't get it
  • The being a jerk part to Pit is an exageration: the lines "I am not here to save you Pit" and "anything an angel can do a goddess can do better" are hardly being a jerk or saying that the "whole time she was"
  • There is less than a minute of Palutena gameplay in the whole trailer, it's hard to belive that voices distracted you enough, seriously less than a minute (you can always rewatch it if really missed that action packed gameplay), sometimes people complain nintendo characters never speak but now are mad too because they do?
  • Dark Pit might only confirm Pit's pallete will have Dark Pit's voice we shall see

The whole trailer was a tribute to the true Kid Icarus fans and it did its job really well.
I am not here to start a FLAME WAR as you always put on your posts, which I think is kind of rude for people like me that only want to exchange opinions, I am ok with you don't liking her and I don't want or expect to convince you, but I find some of your reason not really that related to the character herself, but to outside factors that hardly matter. Have a nice day/night. :)
I didn't mean to offend you with the flame war statement, I just felt making a silly reference to Brawler 610 :)
I'm upset about the customization because it didn't give me a feel for Palutena's moveset.
I defiantly would have preferred Doc not to have been talking in Mac's trailer.
The cartoon I watched involved Thanatos. I can't say I enjoyed it.
I feel like it is just rude to spoil gameplay elements In the trailer. Nobody makes me view a trophy. I did only finish a KIU a few days before the direct, so I guess I'm still a bit riled up.
I guess I was too harsh about the dialogue in the trailer. If I wanted to hear funny dialogue, I'd play Kid Icarus again. (Which I plan on doing a lot more, the dialogue was fantastic) I just kinda wanted to focus on the action.
I guess my reasoning was a little biased. I'll update my score.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
Mii Satisfaction: 80%
Miis are way better than what they could've been. Sakurai himself said he wasn't going to add just normal Miis since they would be kinda strange to fight with. I like the 3 Moveset idea and the fact you can unlock costumes and everything (I always like more things to collect). I am also very OK with the fact that you can't just mindlessly spam Miis online with everyone, and they would've made more complications with offensive Miis and everything. They are an well-made addition, just one I don't mind concerning playstyle and originality wise, so yeah.

Palutena Satisfaction: 100%
The reveal trailer was amazing, I loved the artstyle, Palutenas appearence was very fun, and her many Kid Icarus based powers... She was always a character that I wanted; I don't think I really have more to say here. I just already liked her a lot in Uprising. I really want to know more about how she plays though.

Pac-Man Satisfaction: 100%
At first, I really hated Pac-Man (Especially after the Ghostly Adventures 2 trailer. Bad voice acting and design). BUT, this character is a perfect example on how you design such a quirky character. He didn't fight a lot, he WAS stuffed in a mech before, but does that suit his personality? Nope. So, how do you design such a character? Take the most liked (In this case, also the most known), not always the newest, design, make him one walking reference, AND make him look interesting to play. And he really keeps his personality, he really looks like what he should look. This presentation really blew my expectations and made me enjoy him a lot.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Pac-Man:95% Satisfaction-Awesome trailer, design and moves.
Palutena:50%-Meh. I was surprised by how little I cared about her.
Miis:59%-Surprisingly neat.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Mii Fighter: 100% - I love Miis, always have, and glad I can finally beat the crap out of my favorite heroes and villains as myself. I like that you can customize and have three types.

Palutena: 100% - Loved Palutena, didn't really like the anime style but overall her gameplay makes up for it.

Pac-Man: Over 9000 100% - I. FREAKING. LOVE. PAC-MAN. I am glad the 4 mascots of classic gaming are all together for the clash of all time. The unique moveset, the nostalgia, the references... OoH the references... Make this my most hyped newcomer of all since Mac and Villager.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Palutena: 100%
One of my top five most wanted characters, I am really she made it in. That joke with the pseudo Palutena Sakurai did should have made her a more clear choice for us. I am surprised both her and Little Mac's trailers weren't in 3D, but it's not a big deal. I love reference to series, so her using all the powers from Uprising is especial awesome to me. Best reveal by far. I was also surprised they closed their Digital Event with her rather than Pac-Man, considering the audience the event had. It shows a certain confidence in the character and the game I believe.

Pac-Man: 100%
It's not Ghostly Adventure Pac-Man. Which alone puts the satisfaction in 90% territory. But when you see Mario, Mega Man, Sonic, and Pac-Man on screen together, it's truly special. It makes the kid in me scream out with joy while playing his NES with Mega Man 3, Super Mario Bros 3, and Pac-Man, while scorning Sega as a console maker, but secretly liking the Sonic cartoon. It's something really wonderful that fills me with joy as a gamer. I considered Pac-Man a 90% because his arcade referencing/ ghost shooting moveset leaves something to be desired. But I can't give him anything less than a 100%

Mii Fighter: 90%
I have never been an advocate for the Mii character, but the trailer sold it really well. It also underscored the difference between Nintendo and its competitors; while the other two have their leaders tell awkward jokes, Nintendo shows their presidents fighting in DBZ-esque fashion. It's exciting, especially with all the characters and combinations you can make. I never thought about it, but I have always wanted to play as Elijah Wood in Smash.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Mii Fighter:

Satisfaction: 0%

The Mii ended up being every bit as bland as I thought it would be, but now it takes up the development time of three characters, not one. What's more, its sword and beam movesets look like they could have fit perfectly on other, better characters, like maybe a Saki or a Ray. It's such a worst of both worlds character that I can't even be satisfied by them not being playable Against Anyone.

Palutena:

Satisfaction: 100%

People keep bizarrely saying that she looks "boring," but they must be blind watching her trailer...she has a whole ton of long-ranged beam-esque weapons and is the staff user everyone and their Krystal-loving moms have been obsessing over for years. I can absolutely tell why her fans wanted her, despite not being one of them, and I look forward to hearing more about her.

Pac-Man:

Satisfaction: 80%

Thank goodness he's using his older design, rather than the Uncanny Valley Ghostly Adventures one. His moves look like they come together to create a rather fascinating summons character, which is pleasantly surprising for someone as superficially boring as Pac-Man. I take points off for him breaking character and bringing out his mortal enemies, the ghosts, as helpful summons, as well as for him not being shown off at the Invitational. Really? Pac-Man, single most well-known gaming character in the world, and you show him to 50 so-called "journalists" (who asked about menu design over anything else for f***'s sake) rather than a raving crowd of 3,000+ gamers???

Nominate:
Brash the Bear x5

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Miis are the only newcomer (or veteran for that matter) that I don't look forward to trying out, but they certainly don't ruin the game for me. Unlike a couple of previous clones who never deserved a slot before other characters, I don't hate their existence, I just don't like the fact that they take up the development time of 3 characters as opposed to 1. If they took up 1 character slot (went with the Brawler, maybe with a couple sword and gunner attacks as options to fully rep them), I would be very pleased with them, as they seem fluid and I appreciate the fact that you can play as yourself or anyone.

As it stands, I will surely try them out, and upload a couple of Miis of myself, my friends, and some Nintendo execs so they'll be available. but my house rule remains no ridiculous looking Miis with floating eyebrows or alien/Hitler/penis features on my console should anyone need to make one.

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
Okay. Time for my go-around:

:4mii:: 90%
While not initially high on my support list, I still wanted to see them be represented because I understand that they've become a Nintendo staple. And heck, they can't even be used online, so now there's less for everybody to complain about.

They're at a high percentage because of how interesting they are being handled. Still, I took off 10% because I would've preferred to have seen a number of other characters at an event as big as E3.

:4palutena:: 80%
As much as I loved Kid Icarus: Uprising, it irks me to know that Palutena's greatest asset was just how much crud from Kid Icarus Sakurai has been putting in Smash Bros. I mean, seriously, the series got one game that didn't sell too terribly well (don't quote me on that), and it gets the Mario treatment. Donkey Kong better be treated equally.

As for Palutena herself, she plays about as I imagined, borrowing a bunch of items and weapons from Uprising.

Despite all this flack I've been writing about her, the only reason I didn't give her the same ranking as the Mii Fighters is because of the other potential characters we could have gotten. Pac Man gets a pass because E3 is the ideal time to flaunt something as big as a guest character. Miis get a pass because they're basically the introduction of customization. Palutena is just a character, though.

:4pacman:: Despite my track record with Pac Man...100%
It's so weird writing that. When I first joined this forum, my initial opinion on Pac Man was "Heck no." After I read through their argument for him over on the support thread, I thought," You know, between him and Snake, Pac Man makes WAY more sense". When he was revealed, I understood that it was inevitable. But after watching his trailer over and over and over...I'm tempted to say that I intend to main him.

Overall, this E3 felt like they were just getting all of the unsurprising characters out of the way. If that's the case, there better be some pleasant surprises for us in the near future. And by that, I mean "WHERE THE FLYING FARTS IS K. ROOL?!"

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Mii: 1% - It's everything I didn't want it to be and it's also three characters. The only reason I gave 1% is because the trailer was kinda cool.

Palutena: 70% - Well, she's cooler than I thought she would be. (Though she was such an obvious character that she should really have been revealed at a different time.)

Pac-Man: 90% - He's way cooler than than I thought he would be and they also used his best design. My only question is Why was he revealed during a non-streamed event?!

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Mii Fighters: 10%
I will say, their implementation is better then I thought it would be, but even saying that I'm not that impressed by them. They're still rather bland as characters, which isn't helped by their moveset being a bit too generic, their exclusion from "With Anyone" is a double-edged sword as it limits their use as characters, and I'm still not fond of the concept of having real life people represented. So at this point, I can't say I enjoy them.

Pac-Man: 90%
I was very impressed with how he turned out. Just like Mega-Man, Sakurai took from the best of the character and brought him to life in Smash very well. He still has his classic charm, he looks very fun to play due to him having a unique and well done moveset, and having him go against three other very notable video game characters is something that's going to be a treat.

The anime trailer was very well handled and had all of the charm that Kid Icarus Uprising had, and the showcase of her abilities in the main trailer was really nice to see. I do like that they incorporated the powers from Uprising into her moveset and they transitioned rather well. Plus, it gave her many options to play with and that's going to make her an interesting character to tinker with.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Time for me to have a go!

:4mii:: 80% At first, my reaction was "there's no hope anymore, we've stooped to Miis." But after watching Sakurai explain how they work, I was actually pretty satisfied with how they turned out. Sakurai can just make anything work, and the level of customization you can do with them is super interesting, and I personally can't wait to play them. Can't wait to have Sakurai fight me.

:4palutena:: 110% She was everything I wanted and more. The trailer was great, she looks great, her moveset seems like it's gonna be fun to use, especially with the fact that you can use different powers with custom movesets, and all around, she's just everything I wanted her to be. I was crying tears of joy when she was finally revealed to be playable.

:4pacman:: 75% I wasn't too big on Pac-Man before. I thought he'd be the Ghostly Adventures model, and from there, I thought he moveset would be unimaginative. But, of course, Sakurai managed to surprise me, making him look classic, being able to turn back into his classic "pizza with a slice taken out" shape, and just all around having a moveset I didn't think of. (except the dot chain thing, kinda saw that coming).

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Miis Fighters- 70%
I was like most people did not want miis in this game but after seeing the trailers i warmed up to the idea and they looked like fun.
Palutena - 100%
One of my most wanted newcomers got confirmed she was how i expected for her to play and the anime touch was just awesome.
Pac - Man - 100%
Another of my most wanted newcomers he uses the best design that they could use and looks like fun to use

Burigu

Smash Ace
I didn't mean to offend you with the flame war statement, I just felt making a silly reference to Brawler 610 :)
I'm upset about the customization because it didn't give me a feel for Palutena's moveset.
I defiantly would have preferred Doc not to have been talking in Mac's trailer.
The cartoon I watched involved Thanatos. I can't say I enjoyed it.
I feel like it is just rude to spoil gameplay elements In the trailer. Nobody makes me view a trophy. I did only finish a KIU a few days before the direct, so I guess I'm still a bit riled up.
I guess I was too harsh about the dialogue in the trailer. If I wanted to hear funny dialogue, I'd play Kid Icarus again. (Which I plan on doing a lot more, the dialogue was fantastic) I just kinda wanted to focus on the action.
I guess my reasoning was a little biased. I'll update my score.
Oh good to know, the Thanatos one is not Palutena's revolting dinner it is animated by the same studio has the trailer is a two part episode.
I know the flame war was a reference I just feel how people use it depends on the content of the post, I felt like in your case you were not open to other opinions and used it to close the posibility of a reply. So I am sorry if I didn't catch up with your true intentions
I agree nobody makes you view a trophy, but to be fair everybody look them and read them so yes they spoil other games too.
I apreciate you actually took my post as an interchange of opinions, I have seen somepeople so proud to say someone else has at least a good point.
Have a nice day/ afternoon/ night :)

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Mii Fighters: 20% I hate Miis, but this is not that bad.

-Palutena: 80% Pretty cool, but her face looks weird XD

-Pac-Man: 85% The trailer was awesome and he looks awesome too! I'm pretty surprised.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Miis: 10%
Didn't want them in there. Wasted development time that could've been used on much more interesting characters. The Reggie/Iwata trailer was funny, and I was relieved that it wasn't a trailer announcing Reggie as a fighter (as much as I love him, just no) but I'm just not a mii fan, sorry

I've been waiting for her for so long!!! She looks beautiful, fun to play as, and I'm so glad they brought back her voice actress. My heart rate went flying when I saw the first clip of the trailer.

Pacman: 50%
Didn't really want him, but I expected him from the beginning. His trailer was cool, and he looks fun to use so I wasn't too upset. I probably won't be playing as him a lot, but I'm happy for the Pac supporters.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Miis: 90%
I was exited to see them in the game and that trailer defiantly was hype worthy. The fact that they have 3 variations is also a interesting choice and customization costumes was also very cool. The only thing that killed the hype for me was the fact that they are not allowed Online except for friend matches.

PaleTuna Palutena: 97%
Her trailer had the same animations from the anime short which made me happy. She looks fun to play and has plenty of personality in her animations. I also thought the fact that she used a lot of the powers in KI:U was an interesting choice. Her final smash was meh and I didn't really like how they are pushing custom moves onto her was my only issues but those are minor.

Pacster: 78%
I really like him in the game I really do but the fact we got his trailer hours after his announcement was defiantly not cool and killed some of the hype for him. Other than that he looks really fun to play and his trailer was pretty cool. At the end he isn't my most wanted 3rd party (R.I.P. Slime), but I'm sill glad he made it.

andimidna

Smash Master
Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, Sceptile, and Blaziken are all safe so far from what I've heard :)

Edit: But Abomasnow isn't safe (not like we ever rated him though)

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Mii Fighter- I can't believe Sakurai made Miis a unique and fun character. I always knew they were likely, but I never expected them to be as creative as this! Great job Sakurai, you impressed mii!

Palutena- Probably my least hyped out of the 3. She was the most likely newcomer, and I knew she was getting in, but I never really wanted her. But after that trailer, I have to say that she looks really fun! Here moves seem pretty cool!

Pac-Man- My most hyped out of the 3! I was worried beyond belief that Sakurai was going to screw this up, and give him the modern design. But I am extremely glad to see that he has classic influence in every move, and that he retains his Pac-Man World appearance.

If I get K. Rool, Ridley, Ghirahim, and Mewtwo, this roster is officially awesome!
I'm lazy.
I'm just gonna use Tuesday's post as my ratings for today.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Miis: 1%
I'll give them a one because the gunner reminds me of Uprising's cannon weapons. But still, it seems like they tried way too hard with them in order to make them likeable, which they aren't, that's why they made so many variations of them.

Lady Palutena: 100%
Simply what made me hype the most in the whole E3, everything after her was just a plus. And it still feels like if her inclusion was a dream, I love this sensation. She needs some tweaks here and there in her expressions which is understandable because it's still a WIP. And that animated trailer, oh son, I love you even more, Shaft.

Pacman: 20%
Not impressed, for me he's this Smash Bros' Snake. He's not at the same level as Sonic or Megaman, where numerous Nintendo fans like myself adore. At leaaaast it's not that ****ty redesign Namco made recently and it's the original version instead, thanks to Sakurai that is.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
:4mii: 80%

I really really like this

1. I can play as myself
  2. I can play as anyone
  3. They have 3 different variation and 3 special movesets for each.
  4. I did hope the gemosuto rumor was true.
:4palutena: 100%

I did not espect her till later on im glad sakurai waved the white flag on keeping her a secret.

And her moveset(s) look fantastic.

:4pacman:
1,000,000%

ARE YOU KIDDING THIS MAKES SSB4 THE WORLDS FIRST GAME WITH THE 4 MOST KNOWN VIDEO CHARACTERS IN EXCISTANTS IN 1 GAME

other than that his moveset looks fantasic

And hes retro and mr game and watch was at the end of his trailer, and prooved, (in my opinion) once and for all that R.O.B is coming back. (To define retro characters confirmed playable in smash 4.)

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Palutena: 100%. Her moveset was incredibly impressive and is the best iteration I've seen across all speculation.

Pac-Man: 85%. Thank god they didn't use his bastardized new form and stuck with an older form instead. I was very impressed with his moveset as well, especially moves that draw from the iconic, 8-bit version.

The move where he holds out an item that auto-rotates through reminds me of Twisted Fate's Pick A Card from League of Legends or the Evidence from UMvC3's Phoenix Wright, very unique.

Mii: 20%. They did solve a lot of the inherent problems Miis had, fully custom characters where you can select every single attribute simply don't work in fighting games, and now that they're banned in Online With Anybody people will face much less harassment.

With that being said, there are probably over fifteen characters I could name that I would rather have than Miis (Shulk, Dixie, King K, Ridley, Isaac, Andy, Mewtwo, Chorus Men, Chrom, Anna, Roy, Bowser Jr., Banjo&Kazooie, Lloyd Irving, Geno, hell, even Krystal and Bandana Dee).

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Mii Fighter satisfaction - 30%

Not a character I wanted but I don't outright hate them. I'm a little disappointed we didn't get a Mii Magician, what? Is Harry Potter supposed to be a brawler?

Palutena satisfaction - 70%

I'm reasonably happy to see her, although I could have lived without her too.

Pacman satisfaction - 30%

Again not a character that held any interest to me but again I don't hate him, and I like how he can change into his classic form.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Mii Wara Wara
Satisfaction: 35% - EH. I mean, they're not as awful as I thought they'd be, but eh. I just don't like the fact that there's THREE of them. Thank god for no With Anyone for them

Pale Tuna
Satisfaction: 75% - Well, she was incredibly obvious, but cool anyway.

Wakka Wakka
Satisfaction: 95% - I felt that he was going to show up sooner or later, but at least I'm glad he is a thing now. The only thing that bothers me is the fact that he wasn't revealed at the Invitational, were THOUSANDS were watching live and online.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Going from most hyped to least hyped because Wynaut?
Pac-Man: As Vegeta would say it, over 9000! Seriously tho, dat design, dat moveset, just yes. I might just buy this game because of Pac ALONE.
Miis: 80%. I really like how they were handled. Looks pretty cool.
Palutena: Negative Infinity. Just no. Worse newcomer by a huge *** long-shot. Hell, Potato would be far better character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom