• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Is that good?

I've only played DK 64, so maybe I shouldn't judge, but he was huge in that game. Similar to this size.

Oh my, would you look at that. That's awfully convenient, isn't it?

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Ridley alone: 80%
King K. Rool alone: 20%
Both of them together: 16%
Why is Ridley 3/5 more likely then King K. Rool?
Let's look at the evidence everyone has been giving again.
1. Despite being a boss, he looks to be about the size of a playable character.
His shadow matches almost exactly of what would be expected of a size only a little bigger than Bowser. Why Ridley's shadow, and by extension, Ridley himself if he were to be a boss, would be so small is beyond me. That's not really overanalysis so much as regular analysis that helps prove a point.
2. His wing's appearance match no previous model.
Which means that his model would have to be entirely new. Wfy they would put so much effort in is beyond me: From the appearance of mon-playable characters and items and such in previous games, Smash Bros. or not, they use the same models and just touch them up. This would make almost no sense, unless they wanted to make Metroid: Other M Ridley less ugly: And if they cared that much, why not make him a playable character?
3. Sakurai never outright said he was a boss.
Generally, what any developer should understand is: You don't want to get your fans hopes up too high. People would say that the fact he hasn't been confirmed yet is a sign he is a boss, and if they can't get him to market in the time they have, he very well could be. But, one could also argue that that's a sign that a. They're still working on him, b. He's an unlockable and they're dancing around it to make it a surprise, and c. He really is trolling. People say that Sakurai doesn't do long-term jokes, but I don't see how you're supposed to predict the man. So few have managed to, that in all likelihood, he's a trickster of the highest degree. As far as we know, he really could be pulling off two long term jokes: Ridley, and Palutena, only to either a. Surprise people at E3, or b. Create actual surprise when they're unlocked.
I do realize that it's still not anywhere near to a 100% chance, which is why it's an 80% chance. But Ridley is about as popular in Japan as King K. Rool, more important to our character's history, has appeared in more and more more recent games, and is generally more of a natural choice.
You can argue all day, but let's save that for other threads, or even PMs. Just remember what I've said. In my opinion, you're the only community I can.
Want: 90%.
Yes, I really do want both of them together.
------------------------------------------------------------
Bowser Land
Chance: 10%
Want: 5%
I don't really like Mario Party.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
The general conseus is that it'd fit best as a single special attack, K. Rool has plenty of stuff to do with the rest of his moveset after that, like his iconic crown toss and the hoverpack. There's also the boxing gloves from DK64.
I said this in the K. Rool support thread, but I'll paraphrase here.

King K. Rool threw a crown, had fake credits, and made cannonballs fall down.
Baron K. Roolenstein had a hoverpack and a remote control to adjust the environment.
King Krusha K. Rool is a boxer, which Little Mac and Villager have already claimed.

Kaptain K. Rool shot cannonballs, spiked cannonballs, barrels, various poisonous gases, had a suction function, had rocket propulsion, invisibility (admittedly shared by Krusha), and pistol-whipping action.

Ideally for me, Kaptain K. Rool would be the next Donkey Kong newcomer who cribs moves off King, Baron, and Krusha, but since the King persona is far too iconic, the best I can hope for is King K. Rool with a gun.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So it's confirmed. I shouldn't judge. I will never look at King K the same now, seeing that he is no longer huge.
It really depends on the circumstances. K. Rool is pretty much scaled to fit the role he is put in, just like Bowser. If he's in a DKC game again he'll probably be fairly big again.

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
@ Floor Floor K Rool's original appearance:

Pretty big compared to Donkey Kong, but he would only need to be like 25% shorter to be basically Bowser's size. He wasn't shrunk down from his DK64 size in other games, he was blown up to be larger than normal in DK64. He's very much like Bowser as far as his appearances in different games (and Bowser has been even huger than K Rool at times).

And unlike Ridley, he's had more appearances at smaller sizes, and he doesn't have such an extended shape (that is, even if Ridley's body would be reasonably sized, many of his designs would still give him a large wing span and long tail that would make him take up more screen space).
Appearance only. I nominated it because it's the thing we talk about the most in the Pac-Man support thread. Only a few people actually want the Ghostly Adventures design. Most everyone else wants the World or Party design as the default.
The Pac-Man Party design looks basically the same... I can't imagine actually feeling strongly about those two. Well, or any of them. But at least Pac-Man World looks different from the other two...

Last edited:

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Ridley and K. Rool

Chance: 60%
K. Rool is the more likely of the two. I would give K. Rool a 70%. That score is because that in addition to his massive popularity, his minions the Kremlings have been shown in Smash Run. Sakurai could of easily excluded them, but he didn't. That does not instantly guarantee him, but it boosts his chances. Ridley is a different case. His shadow was shown in the Pyrosphere during the Direct, yet that's it. Sakurai never even named Ridley, nor outright disconfirmed him. Still, he shows the shadow with text stating "other Boss Characters appear". I'd give Ridley a 50%. Averaging those two out gives me a 60%.

Want: 100%
If I could give a higher want I would. K. Rool is my most wanted newcomer, and Ridley is my second most wanted newcomer. They are both amazing villains and both of their series deserve a newcomer.

Bowser Land

Chance: 45%
Generally, Smash Bros. games represent the console generation before them. Melee had Rainbow Cruise. Brawl had Delfino Plaza. Now Smash 4 has Mario Galaxy. There are some exceptions to this, but I think that other Mario stages could be selected.

Want: 90%
The music is really good, although I'd prefer some other Mario stages.

Predictions:
Non-Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man: 40%
Isaac: 40%

Nominations: Spectator Mode x5

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Both Ridley and King K. Rool
Chances: 15%
I really have doubts on this scenario. For Ridley, I honestly don't think that things don't bode well for him, and it hurts to say that as he's one of my most wanted characters. The hazard thing is definitely not helpful to his chances as it does hint at him being in a hazard role, there is the chance that there could be more to it, but at the moment it's not looking good.

For King K. Rool, I feel more positive about because the Kremlings are a point in his favor and show that Sakurai is paying attention to older elements. Plus, he is a very popular character, and not just here, but around the world when requests were starting to be taken. However, I will concede that there is that chance that he does get ignored, particularly with that rumor looming overhead.

I've wanted both characters for quite some time, if they're in, I'd be ecstatic to see them.

Bowser Land
Chance: Abstain
I don't know too much about the situation to accurately give a score.

The music won me over.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
I want everyone to know that I am truly very sorry that I'm going to be playing the bad guy this round. :(

I think the odds are against Ridley this time. I am in fact a supporter and I have already seen every argument Ridley fans have used to try to prove that he's still a boss and although I respect all the thought that you guys put into it, none of it really impresses me that much. The spike on his tail alone had nearly the same hight as Pikachu, and his awkward body shape does not look like it was made with "playable fighter" in mind. I know he's not completely deconfirmed but while most of SSB is saying "innocent until proven guilty", for me it will remain "guilty until proven innovent".

Ridley's chance: 10%
King K Rool's chance: 50%
Rids and Rool: 5%

Want: 90% - I give them both about 60-80% alone but seeing of them together would be pretty awesome.

Bowser Land
Chance: 4% - Both the Wii U and 3ds versions of the game already have a main series Mario platformer stage confirmed and I feel that Nintendoland would be a much more likely amusement park themed stage. The Worlds used in 3D world were mostly just there for decoration as the stages rarely followed the theme anyway.
Want: 0% - Not a fan.

Isaac prediction: 37%
A Pac-Man untainted by Ghostly Adventures prediction: 50%

Nominations: Calling to the Night x10

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Double Trouble - 10%

Mainly owing due to Ridley....while I agree that he has a chance, and I'm quite glad he does still have one....I think that he is far more likely to be a boss, not playable.

A few of the points in Ridley's favor I can agree with....but a majority of the analyzing with the shadow and all doesn't do it for me. Nothing about his movement screams "playable" to me. Not to mention Sakurai stated "boss characters appear in other stages, not just this one" immediately after he finished talking about the Yellow Devil's boss role in Willy's Castle. That is an absolutely tremendous blow to his chances in my book.

K. Rool however I feel far more confident on. The Kritters appearing in Smash Run, their first appearance since 2008 is a BIG deal. There isn't any way that Sakurai could not have at least thought about K. Rool when he thought of the Kritters.

Want - 100%

I can dream at least.

Bowser Land - 1%

3D World seems to be too new for any content from it to appear.

Want - Abstain

Isaac Prediction - 39.77%

Non-Ghostly Adventures Pac-man - 46.05%

Plusle/Minun x5

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
King K. Ridley
Chance: 50% - Insert math here
Want: 100% - K. Rool is my most wanted character and Ridley is a Cool Guy.

Bowser Land
Chance: 25% - It could happen, but I don't know.
Want: 65% - Why aren't there any Bowser stages yet?

Isaac prediction: 39%
Non-Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man prediction: 33%

Nominations: Crash Bandicoot x10
(Because I can't think of anything else to nominate.)

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Riddles and Rool
Chance: 4%, Metroid doesn't sell well in Japan. I remember reading that he was not nearly as popular a choice among the Japanese audience as a Smash 4 newcomer. I really don't think Sakurai realizes the controversy he causes among American audiences with all these Ridley hints.

I mean think about it this way, when the Yellow Devil was shown in the Megaman trailer, did anyone say, "OMG! Does that mean the Yellow Devil's playable or is he just a stage boss?! Why does Sakurai torture us like this?!" No, no one said this because no one gives a **** about the Yellow Devil. The same can be said about Ridley's status in Japan.

Want: 100%, I love both of these characters and would squeal in delight like a little school boy if they both got in.

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Double Trouble - 37.5%
Ridley = 50%
Rool = 75%
.5 X .75 X 100 = 37.5%
ridley is a big mess of unknown (though most believe he's gone)
while k. rool got's a silver lining going on with the return of the kremlings,
added together, I got this, so lets go with that
want - 70%
ridley = 40% (yes that did change)
Rool = 100%
added together and halved I got 70
Bowser land - 6%
both versions of smash got Mario platforms stages confirmed, it still could happen but its doubtful
want - 100%
the music mates. . . the music. . .
Isaac - 44.07%
what do I believe?
absolutely nothing (expect a tie breaking)
Non ghostly adventures pac man - 57.62%
too be honest I had no idea, I just took pac's rate chance and just used an RNG to get the number
nominations:
Pirate ship (the legend of Zelda)X5

Groose

Smash Champion
You know, @ Groose Groose Perhaps we should at least know what our pre-E3 plans are, because that's going to blow up everything again. Probably getting another 4-7 characters revealed given what we saw in the Direct...
Check back soon! I'm counting the days, and I won't neglect to throw a big 'ol party.
Congratulations. You are the first person I have ever seen that has used the too big argument with King K. Rool.
There's a reason the picture in the OP exists. It actually wasn't all that uncommon of a response before BKupa and the Kutthroats started their Krusade.

Is that good?

I've only played DK 64, so maybe I shouldn't judge, but he was huge in that game. Similar to this size.
Ah, understood. K. Rool was a whole lot bigger in DK64 than he was in the DKC games. This is a direct screenshot I just took from the final fight of DKC2; K. Rool is about a head-and-a-half taller than DK, and even less so if you take away the crown.

I respect the "Ridley is too big" argument (though I don't like how it's forced in the face of his fans and wielded like absolute fact), but there really isn't any reason K. Rool "can't" be playable. I'm not saying that he "will" be playable, but his exclusion would be because the team found other characters offered more rather than because they had difficulty translating him into a playable character.

By the way, sorry if any undue anger is sent your way this round from us Kremling Kutthroats. Most of us are also Ridley fans who are constantly faced with the size argument when we support him. When people try to apply it to out other highly-wanted character, who it really doesn't work well on, it tends to get us worked up.
Forgot to add, this is my first post on Smashboards. Couldn't have chosen a better place than the 'Rate their Chances' thread! :bee:
It's always an honor for me when someone makes their first post on this thread! If you ever need to know anything about this game or the website in general even, don't hesitate to ask me--it's always good to welcome new members to our community. I like the name, by the way--Zelda for the win!
(As an aside, I think it's hilarious that googling "Bowser Land" turns up more results about Mario Party 2 than about Super Mario 3D World.)
When I went pic hunting, I also had this problem. I was going to pull a fast one and put the MP2 Stage picture in the OP instead, but I didn't want to confuse people.
If King K. Rool and Ridley gets a higher chance than Ridley alone, I will laugh.
Well, that would require a Ridley rerate to set things right, wouldn't it? :awesome:

K. Rool and Ridley: 7.5%
Ridley: 20%
K. Rool: 50%
.5 x .2 = .1 = 10% (then factor in that the confirmation of one takes up a space that could have been used for another, so decrease the score from 10% to 7.5%).

This is painful for me to say--I really don't think there's much of a chance that we get both of them. The main issue stems from Ridley. I am aware of everything some of my fellow supporters have come up with to point to his being playable, but I can no longer allow my hopes to be raised. Every time I hear an argument for him that makes sense, I just think "if only." I regularly have to check myself, to remind myself not to get carried away. Perhaps this is making me give him something lower than he deserves; perhaps my passionate following of the Ridley thread is making me give him higher than he deserves. I don't know, OK?

As for K. Rool, I think top-notch worldwide popularity at least put him into serious consideration. The main reason I can't say I fully expect him is competition. I think the Gematsu Leak is probably real, and if so, I think we know all or very nearly all of the newcomers. Even if the leak is not real, the majority of the characters in it are still on or above Rool's level in terms of likelihood. My verdict on him is basically this--I wouldn't really be surprised with either result.

Double Trouble Want: 100%
Yes. Yes. Yes. My two most wanted newcomers. Oh, dear, yes. Seriously, this would drive my hype levels through the roof. I want them even more now than I used to. My hope now is that just one of these guys makes it in; I would be absolutely thrilled if we got both.

Bowser Land: 20%
It has competition from other areas in its game, and also from a NSMB stage, and also from classic places like Bowser's Castle. I could definitely see it, but I don't put too much faith in it.

Bowser Land: 100%
One look at a screenshot sold me on this place. I may prefer Bowser's Castle, but this is one amazing alternate.

x5 Spectator Mode

DAY OVER

LOOK'S LIKE TEAM REPTILE IS BLASTING OFF AGAIN!

Correction: Their want score is blasting off to new heights.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Double Trouble
Chance: 52%

Words cannot describe how much I want this. I love Nintendo Villains and to see more is very welcome. Combine that with the fact that K Rool is one if my favorite villains of all time, and that score is no surprise.

This combination has a lot going for it. They exceed at meeting the criteria for inclusion. It would be faster to talk about what is going against them than what they have going for them, because at this point, they both have very good chances. Keep in mind that these counter arguments, weak as they may be, are some of the only ones I could actually come up with that weren't 100% garbage.

Ridley:
- Was potentially shown as a boss, but that could have strictly been to tease us with the true answer, whether or not Ridley will be playable (He will be in the game though.)

K Rool:
- Hasn't been in a game in a while, may be irrelevant. (Can be argued that Kremlings showing up means this holds no meaning.)

So with that, I give K Rool 80% and Ridley a 65%, coming to 52%

Bowser Land
Chance: 15%

Awesome stage, but stages are really hard to predict.

Isaac: 46%
Non-GA Pacman: 32%

7 Pokemanz x5

EDIT: @ Groose Groose I hope im not too late...

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Double Trouble: Ridley and Rool
32.98% chance
83.80% want

That want score is higher than that of K. Rool alone. In other words, it's one of the most wanted things we've ever rated. It's a pity we're not so certain it will happen, am I right?

Bowser Land
27.16% chance
69.41% want

Bowser Land was actually a pretty well-liked stage idea. The music and the graphics seemed to be two major reasons why it succeeded. Sorry it got marginalized, but stages usually don't attract much attention here.

Today we're discussing Pac-Man. Pac-Man currently has a design--the Ghostly Adventures look--that isn't the most popular in the world. However, he's had many different designs in the past, and many of them are more popular. Our concept today is this: how likely is a playable Pac-Man without his Ghostly Adventures design? Our other rating is simpler: Isaac is back, and he wants to break the want tie. Please rate "Non-Ghostly Aventures Pac-Man" and Isaac in chance and want. Tomorrow will be an interesting day as well. Please predict how Peppy Hare and Medusa will do.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Isaac:
Chance: 55% - I'll give him a little bit of upside to this mainly since I think he and Mac (maybe Lyn) were the only ones who had a chance at being upgraded.
Want: 40% - No connection, but I don't hate him

Pac-Man Non-Ghost
Chance: 40% - I think there is a 50% Chance that he is in, and 10% chance it's the Ghost Adventure version
Want: 0% - I don't want Pac-Man in any way, shape, or form

Predictions:
Medusa: 4%
Peppy: 2%

Nominations:
Idolm@ster Rep x 3
Mr. Dream Boss x 2

Last edited:

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Isaac
chance 20% want 0%

He's part of a 3 game series so at least he's got a decent chance, but ultimately I don't see him making it in. He was one of the AT survivors but he's also not as prominent as he used to be before Brawl so I suspect he'll stay as an unlockable assist.

Pac-man (non-ghostly)
chance 75% want 75%

He should probably have his other looks as costumes.

x5 King Hippo

Predict
Peppy 2%
Medusa 9.99%

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
The extra nomination post has been updated.

Isaac's chances: 40% - Exact same score I gave him last time because absolutely nothing has happened that affects his chances.
Want: 100% - Has settled into the number 3 spot on my most wanted list, right behind Ridley and K. Rool.

Non-Ghostly Pac-Man: 45% - Half of my Pac-Man score because I think it could go either way if he's in.
Want: 30% - Not that interested in Pac-Man in any way.

Peppy Hare prediction: 1.56% - Not much.
Medusa prediction: 7.18% - Will drop.

Lor Starcutter x10

Edit: Forgot that I just won extra nominations. I'm tired.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Isaac:
Chance: 55%
Still don't think the assist not being shown means anything for anybody besides not have a 0% chance for those who WERE deconfirmed.
However, I still think it is slightly more likely than not that we will see Isaac as he was one of the few popular requests pre-Brawl that didn't make it but continued to be heavily requested. His series is large enough for a character, he's definitely popular and unique enough, he deserves it, however, he's barely over the 50/50 line. Just barely.
Want: 95%
Would be a 100 if it were an Isaac-Shulk tag-team :laugh:

Alive Pac-Man:
Chance: 67%
I think we'll be seeing his retro look, just like Mega Man. It's his iconic design. I mean, even Mega Man's newer-ish designs were well-received (leaving out a certain one) yet he still went classic. Retro Pac-Man is the successful Pac-Man we all know. He IS Pac-Man, why would they add an out-of-place new design if fans hate it? This is happening, because Pac-Man is happening.
I'm convinced he's playable, and I prefer his retro look. So of course I'll rate this high.

Predictions:
I see the future.... the TIE lives on...!!!
*ahem*
Medusa: 6.5%
It's weird to rank such a unique, deserving, iconic, popular, recent, recurring female villain character so low. But... she's up against a shoo-in, so her chance basically = the chance of 3 KI characters.
Peppy: 1.56%
Uhhh...
a 4th Starfox character that isn't Krystal...
Yea, Panther didn't do so hot. Can't expect much out of this guy.

x5 Bayonetta
(or should I nominate Ridley...)

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Isaac: 21%
Want: 75%

Non-Ghostly Adventures Pac Man: 40%
Want: 50%

Peppy: 2.31%
Medusa: 3.12%

x5 Competitively Overpowered Character

chronomantic

Smash Ace
-Isaac
Chance 20% - he was the protagonist in the first Golden Sun, then a secondary character in the second installment to finally become a NPC in the latest game. That doesn't look good.
Want 0% - not particularly interested.

-Pac-Man (non-ghostly)
Chance 40% - they could go with the newer 'revitalized' version.
Want 100% - I prefer the non ghostly artwork, it's less kiddie like and closer to the original Pac-Man look.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Issac

Chance: 30%

Nothing official has been said about Issac returning as an Assist Trophy, but you never know.

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn was released not too long ago, and while Issac isn't the main character of that game, he is the original protagonist of the series.

Want: 70%

He would have an interesting moveset.

Non-Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man

Chance: 10%

Ghostly Adventures is the newest Pac-Man game, but Link and Zelda lacking their Skyward Sword designs (plus Ganondorf will most likely make it over Demise) and Marth and Ike lacking their Awakening designs are keeping my chance score from 0%.

I don't care which Pac-Man design they choose, though besides a demo of Pac-Man World 3 on an old PS2 demo disc, I've only played the 2D installments featuring the classic mazes. I hear that the series' 3D entries haven't been spectacular.

Predictions

Peppy "Do a Barrel Roll" Hare: 1%
Medusa: 10%

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Isaac: 45%
Nothing has changed since the last rate. So, I'm just copying over my score.

Non-Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man: 5%
I don't see why they would go for his old look when the new one is getting all the promotion, and Namco would be the one calling the shots about Pac-Man.

The Ghostly Adventures design would get a 10% from me. This is far better.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Issac:

Chance: 15%

I think there are other, more likely, people that have a better chance over him. Not only that but other assist trophies have not been upgraded to playable status (Lyn, Waluigi, Starfy, etc). He has few games to support him either.

Want: 10%

I know hardly anything about the Golden Sun franchise...

Non-Ghostly Adventures Pac-man:

Chance: 50%

I have absolutly no clue whatsoever. On one hand the Ghostly Adventures design would help promote it and with Namco developing Smash this time it could be a possibility. But on the other hand his classic look is more recognisable and MegaMan has his classic look. I'm totally split on thiss one.

I really don't care. I'm not against it but not totally in favour of it either. If we were talking Pac-man in general hen I'd be down for it.

Nominations:

Chrom x 5

It's always an honor for me when someone makes their first post on this thread! If you ever need to know anything about this game or the website in general even, don't hesitate to ask me--it's always good to welcome new members to our community. I like the name, by the way--Zelda for the win!
Thanks! I'll ask you if I'm confused at all. Also, Groose is awesome... :)

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Isaac:
He is from one of the last continuing Nintendo series to not yet have received a rep. I don't understand (outside of Gematsu) why Shulk would have priority over him.
I still blame myself for that tie by giving him a 99% last time...

Non-derpy Pac-man
Chance: 85%
I'm 95% sure we will see Pac-Man, and the costume warrants a 10% decrease
God I would hate the Ghostly version. Why would Nintendo bother to promote Disney's turd pile? If we don't get this I'll nominate Darth vader...

Predictions:
Peppy Hare: 3%
Medusa: 10.2%
The amount of people who will mention Palutena when discussing Medusa: 67%

Eggmanx5

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
This is actually something I actually would like to have my input on.

Isaac:

Chance: 45%. I consider this a 50/50 spread between Shulk and Isaac by default, but Shulk has the recency factor (and the fact his one game is a console title) in his favour. Additionally, his name is Robin in Japan. And there's another magic and swords user with that name who has a reasonable chance.

Want: 65%. Eh, like I said, it's arbitrary but I still consider Isaac and Shulk fighting for a spot. And I prefer Shulk despite knowing less about his game because he promotes a newer game (and potentially an upcoming one).

Non-Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man:

(both ratings assume Pac-Man is already in)

Chance: 95%. Pac-Man isn't getting in Smash Bros. because of his new TV show. That's ludicrous. If, assuming Pac-Man is in, he is chosen, it's because of the games that popularized him. At the worst, his classic look will be an alternate costume. At best, it will be his main look.

Want: 100%. Again, if he is indeed a character, then I don't want Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man as I think it is ugly.

------ Predictions:

Peppy: 3%.
Medusa: 5%.

------ Nominations:

Nightmare x5

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Isaac:
Still don't think the assist not being shown means anything for anybody besides not have a 0% chance for those who WERE deconfirmed.
However, I still think it is slightly more likely than not that we will see Isaac as he was one of the few popular requests pre-Brawl that didn't make it but continued to be heavily requested. His series is large enough for a character, he's definitely popular and unique enough, he deserves it, however, he's barely over the 50/50 line. Just barely.
Want: 95%
Would be a 100 if it were an Isaac-Shulk tag-team :laugh:

Alive Pac-Man:
Chance: 67%
I think we'll be seeing his retro look, just like Mega Man. It's his iconic design. I mean, even Mega Man's newer-ish designs were well-received (leaving out a certain one) yet he still went classic. Retro Pac-Man is the successful Pac-Man we all know. He IS Pac-Man, why would they add an out-of-place new design if fans hate it? This is happening, because Pac-Man is happening.
I'm convinced he's playable, and I prefer his retro look. So of course I'll rate this high.

Predictions:
I see the future.... the TIE lives on...!!!
*ahem*
Medusa: 6.5%
It's weird to rank such a unique, deserving, iconic, popular, recent, recurring female villain character so low. But... she's up against a shoo-in, so her chance basically = the chance of 3 KI characters.
Peppy: 1.56%
Uhhh...
a 4th Starfox character that isn't Krystal...
Yea, Panther didn't do so hot. Can't expect much out of this guy.

x5 Bayonetta
(or should I nominate Ridley...)
I hope the tie lives on, or Anna's gonna get knocked out of the top ten again... -_-

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Isaac is back again, back with the same ridiculously, popularly-based unreasonable ratings. *sigh*

Isaac Chance: 15% Well, it's time I finally go tough on Isaac and realistic chances. He has as good of a chance as Custom Robo or Nintendo Wars getting a playable, I say he's stuck at the middle line (meaning he's probably going to be an unlockable AT even if he's popularly requested), and even with his vast moveset potential he has. Golden Sun is actually doing much worse recently with it's newest installment of Dark Dawn (Which I played and personally thought of as just an average RPG), which is his biggest wall to his inclusion. Overall, his chances aren't greatest as many people seem to think, Isaac is likely going to have the same role as in Brawl.

Isaac Want: Abstain.

Non-Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man chance: 33% It's between Pac-Man Party, Pac-Man World, and the Ghostly Adventure design. Given how Megaman has his classic attire, I see them going for a retro mix between Pac-Man Party and Pac-Man World, but that's up to Sakurai and his opinion.

Non-Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man want: 40% I'm liking his modern design more than the other design for me personally.

Medusa Prediction: 7.7% She's probably going to get better ratings than Hades due to *uniqueness* and being a *badass* villain.

Nominations:
x5 Two Retro Newcomers.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Isaac is back again, back with the same ridiculously, popularly-based unreasonable ratings. *sigh*
His score isn't unreasonably high considering he has tons of other merits. It's not even that high.

The only reason he gets that low of a score is based on relevancy-based reasoning. And honestly speaking, I'd be careful about calling a respectable score like that ridiculous, considering you were the same person who put Zoroark in your prediction roster despite everything she had going against her (something most other people could see) and we all know what happened to her.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I really dislike posts like this, calling out others without any solid basis. Can you provide a single piece of evidence to show your chance score to be better than others?

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Isaac - 50%
Amusingly, his biggest hurdle at the moment is the second Gematsu leak, as having Shulk and a host of other newcomers confirmed would destroy his chances, never mind if Isaac is outright deconfirmed via an AT in the process. Beyond that, his pros/cons are the same as ever: immense moveset potential, acclaimed series, strong fan support, survived the first AT wave, is from a dormant series, Dark Dawn wasn't a success, competes heavily with Shulk among others, etc. As the most qualified existing AT after newly promoted Little Mac, I have to believe he has to at least have been considered, but he's got enough strengths and weaknesses that I think he ends up around a coin flip for now.
Want - 100% - My most wanted Smash character by far.

Non-Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man - 50%
That's...an oddly specific concept to rate. I tried doing some research on the subject and seemed to find that, putting aside minor differences, there seem to be two iconic Pac-Man looks that would be Smash-friendly: black-eyed Pac-Man (from the World series among others) and blue-eyed Pac-Man (from Ghostly Adventures among others). Both seem to have their own reasonings: black-eyed Pac-Man is more iconic and makes more sense alongside the likes of classic Mega Man, while blue-eyed Pac-Man is the current incarnation and was used for recent fighter Street Fighter X Tekken. I could easily see it going either way if Pac-Man is in fact in the game, so I'm going to keep it simple and call it as a 50/50 chance.
Want - 50% - Honestly, not a big enough difference for me to care very much.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Classic Pac Likelihood: 21%
Want: 55%

Isaac Likelihood: 28%
Want: 65%

Peppy: 2.35%
Medusa: 13.56%

Rhythm Rerate x5

D

Deleted member

Isaac and Non-Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man have been added to the Directory.
If you have rated Isaac before, check to see what you've said on his days!

Isaac
Chance:
40%

Nothing as changed. As such, I am going to quote what I said before:
I feel as though Isaac has befallen since Brawl. No, it's NOT because of competition, but just because we haven't seen Golden Sun in action for the past few years is kinda discouraging towards his chances.
He has several things going for him. His western demand and European demand (which I heard makes him one of the most wanted characters there) could be enough to put him in Smash. In fact, I argue that the Little Mac reveal boosted his chances. He is the second most likely Assist Trophy to be playable after Little Mac. There is a lot they could do with Isaac and his potential extraordinarily shines with his potential uniqueness.
Isaac may have survived the bloodbath... but he is not out of the woods. He was a hidden Assist Trophy in Brawl; such a thing could happen here again. As such... I can see him be an Assist Trophy, but there is a possibility that he will be playable.
For the record, I don't think that Shulk and Isaac are competing. If one gets in, the other one easily will. As such, Shulk doesn't affect my overall score for him.
Want: 0%
I still don't like him, don't want him, and don't support him thanks to the Shulk vs. Isaac wars.
MONADO, FLAME SHEILD ME!

Non-Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man
Chance:
50%

There are many different designs for Pac-Man and, since Namco is working on the game with Sakurai, I think that they might have a say in how they want Pac-Man to be designed.
If they want to promote the Ghostly Adventures, Smash might be the perfect opportunity to do so. However, with Mega Man's classic design, I think that they might design Pac-Man with his older designs...
I can see this go either way.
I'm pretty indifferent on Pac-Man in general. I will give a 100% to an 8-Bit Pac-Man, however. (yes, I want to see the giant circle fight :p)

Peppy Prediction: 1.85%
The old timer will have a miserable time.
Medusa Prediction: 12.42%
I'm more curious about the want score. I wonder if HE will come...

Oh! Extra nominations!
Nominations: I AM THE EGGMAN! THAT'S WHAT I AM! I AM THE EGGMAN! I GOT THE MASTER PLAN! (Dr. Eggman 10x)

The main reason I can't say I fully expect him is competition. I think the Gematsu Leak is probably real, and if so, I think we know all or very nearly all of the newcomers. Even if the leak is not real, the majority of the characters in it are still on or above Rool's level in terms of likelihood.
Even if the Gematsu leak is real, I think that there will be some room to breathe for potential newcomers. I say that there are 1-5 more newcomers that we haven't seen. I'm confident that King K. Rool is one of those newcomers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom