• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Do a aileron barrel roll!
Chance: 2%
Want: 0%

I love Peppy, but he wont work as playable character for me. If he gets codec similar to what we had in Brawl, that would be great.

The clear frontrunner in Starfox is Krystal and even her chances are not too great. There are better choices and too much competition for a slot.

Medusa
Chance: 5%
Want: 100%

I honestly think she has a better chance than Hades, but its still not too good.

Seven Pokemanz: 17%
Eggman: 1.3%

Bayonetta x5

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Please rate Peppy and Palutena in chance and want.
Hooray for typos?

Peppy - 0%
Frankly, I just don't see why this would happen. Dormant franchise, Star Fox is already overrepresented judging by relative popularity/relevance, there's a much more obvious choice available in Krystal, he isn't very popular himself (unless you count an old internet meme as actual popularity), and there's little reason to believe he brings anything to the table compared to the existing, far more popular reps. I have difficulty figuring out why Sakurai would even want to consider him.
Want - 0% - Seems like a poor choice for a Star Fox rep.

Medusa - 1%
Normally I don't like using leaks when rating characters, but given how well the Palutena one has held up (never mind the ridiculous tease in the Direct), I do think that marginalizes the chances of other Kid Icarus possibilities, which were pretty dang low to begin with. Medusa and Hades are pretty much the only ones left, and considering I last gave Palutena a 95% and don't consider a second Kid Icarus rep to be a lock to begin with, I'm going to be a bit overly harsh and give each a measly 1% so I can leave at least some room for doubt, albeit not as much as I'd like.
Want - 50% - Meh?

chronomantic

Smash Ace
-Peppy
Chance 0%
Want 0% - if anything Star Fox needs less reps and less clones. Bye Peppy.

Medusa
Chance 10% - if Palutena is in, she seems more unlikely.
Want 30% - indifferent really.

D

Deleted member

Peppy

Chance: 0.1%

Peppy and General Pepper are the last Star Fox characters I would expect to be playable.

Want: 50%

I'm indifferent.

Medusa

Chance: 20%

I can see why Sakurai would want to use characters who appeared in one of his own games, but...
...she isn't even the antagonist of Kid Icarus Uprising.

I'm indifferent.

andimidna

Smash Master
Peppy:
Chance: 0.25%
[collapse=Starfox characters]
Fox- 100%
Falco- 90%
Wolf- 80%
Krystal- 27%
Slippy- 0.75%
Panther- 0.5%
Peppy- 0.25%
Leon- 0.1%
Andross- 0% [/collapse]

Want: 25%
Funny. But bust Krystal or busty.

Medusa:
Chance: 6%
I hate this score. I hate it.
She has all of the qualities that makes a perfect character. She's an iconic character that makes a good amount of sense...
But I've gotten rid of all doubt about Palutena, I'm 100% sure she's in now. 100%

So Medusa rate basically = chance of 3rd KI character.
I don't think Hades has a chance as a 3rd rep, Medusa is the main villain of the series and Sakurai's favorite Uprising character was Viridi.
So all of the characters that were only in Uprising have a 1% chance or less. Magnus is basically done, Phosphora is done, Viridi is done, Dark Pit will be done soon (color swaps at E3), Pandora never had a chance...
It's pretty much just down to Medusa and Hades. And I give the chance of a 3rd KI character a... 7.5%
There is just no reason to expect it. I can't imagine Sakurai doing that. I mean, a series as large as Kirby, fine, but I just don't see this...

It still bothers me that I gave her such a low score...
She has a lot of potential for uniqueness, one of the most unique choices I could imagine.
She's the main villain of the series, and would be the first female villain.
She's one of the few recurring characters of the series.
She's plenty iconic and popular. A perfect choice, that just won't be happening until next Smash.
(And I do expect her to be one of the top requests for Smash 6, maybe not as big as Palutena is now, but close)

Want: 99%
Like I said, I 100% expect Palutena now. I have no doubt left, she's in. And I love Medusa and Kid Icarus. And this would mean 3 characters from the series, which would be awesome. Palutena and Medusa are my favorite KI characters.
They both deserve it, and I think they'd both have a very unique playstyle. So I almost 100% want Medusa.

7 Pokemon: 15%
Eggman: 1%

x5 Bayonetta

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Peppy
Chances: 0%
I think the Starfox representation is good enough, but if a 4th character happens, it's Krystal.

Want: 60%
I actually like Peppy. And it's not even because of the memes! :troll:

Medusa

Chances: 20%
I'll be honest with this percentage. I won't put a 50% percent chances for example.
First of all, I think Medusa can't happen without Palutena. And Palutena WILL happen. So the question is: Will a third KI character will happen?
And... I can't guarantee that. I think it can happen, but it will be a matter of luck. I think the main positive point is the fact Kid Icarus is presented as a part of the "big 8" during the first trailer of Smash.
This, with the good representation through items. People tends to tell me "yeah, but Metroid need a third rep first", but I think this serie counterbalance its lack of rep through the assist trophies (the 3 we saw are absolutely legendary). There's also the Ridley case. Playable or Boss, he is here, so I think the Metroid representation is perfect.
But for the Kid Icarus serie, we only saw Pit and Viridi so far. If I can agree that Pit and Palutena playable can be enough to represent the serie, I think it would be perfect if completed with the original antagonist.
Another thing that can help her is the fact she can bring many many uniqueness as a Smash fighter, both in abilities and look (and Sakurai obviously know the character).

Want: 1000% (no, there's no typo here)
A good looking female villain with awesome voice acting? Yes please.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Peppy
Chance: 0% Goes without saying.
Want: 0% We have enough Star Fox characters.

Medusa
Chance: 10% Being optimistic here. She is essentially part of the KI equivalent of the Triforce Trio. And it would make sense to add her alongside Palutena due to the Light vs. Dark contrast they have. Still, three Kid Icarus characters is something I consider very unlikely.
Want: 90% There's not many characters I want more than Medusa.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Peppy Hare

Chance - 0% - Wow, way down on the list of potential Star Fox characters. He may be a veteran to the team, but that's not enough.

Want - 35% - There are worse choices, but I'd rather not have them be in.

Medusa

Chance - 0% - As far as I'm concerned, we might as well treat Palutena as confirmed. I don't think Kid Icarus will have 3 characters, so...

Want - 60% - Palutena is my most wanted, bar none. While I still have some room left for other Kid Icarus characters, they've mostly been eclipsed by her.

Woo, extra nominations!

Nominations
Fountain of Dreams X10

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Peppy
Chance: 0.05%

Medusa
Chance: 1%
Want: 30%, She'd be cooler than Palutena, but I don't want Palutena.

Predicts
7 Pokemanz: 3.7%
Eggman: 1.6%

Nomz:
Ooccoo and Ooccoo Jr. x5

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Peppy Hare: 0.5% Not before Krystal, Leon, and Slippy.
Want: 0% No more Star Fox representation please!

Medusa: 3% Palutena's it, guys.
Want: 0% I never liked her.

Seven Pokemon: 8.38%
Eggman: 1.13%

x10 Competitively Overpowered Character
EDIT: I'm using my extra noms that I got from Slime.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Let's just hope Shulk is confirmed at E3 so we don't have to do that.
PLEASE, SAKURAI! PLEASE! THIS IS ALL THAT I WANT AT E3! :cry: (and some other nice things, but mainly Shulk being playable in Smash)

Peppy and Medusa have been added to the Directory.
If you have rated Medusa, check to see what you've said on her day!

Peppy Hare (who doesn't even know what a barrel roll is)
Chance:
1%

Honestly, I will give him 1% for longevity, but even then that won't help him when Krystal, Slippy, and Leon are more demanded than he is.
No.

Medusa
Chance:
7%

Same score as before.
I guarantee you that Palutena is in the game. It's so dead obvious that it's not even worth mentioning at this point. Medusa has two things that are going for her:
1. She was the first antagonist in the franchise. While there are some characters that have been seen in Uprising more than Medusa, she could get in over the other characters because she is the first villain.
2. She's at least semi-clone material. I sense that Sakurai is going to expand the roster at the last minute with a semi-clone (look, we might get a blue haired swordsman that is similar to two others, a semi-clone could happen) and Medusa could be a good option to do so as she would be similar to Palutena.
I think that two major things are going against her however:
1. She is not the main villain in Uprising. She was a pawn of Hades and after Chapter 9, we didn't see her until Chapter 25. More prominent characters in that game might get in over her.
2. We might not even get a third Kid Icarus character. Kid Icarus isn't that big of a franchise to be on par with Kirby, Star Fox, and Donkey Kong (which might get its third rep in this game). This leaves little room for Medusa.
I say that she is kinda doomed.
She's old news and old news bores me! Besides, I much rather have Hades.

7 Pokemon Characters Prediction: 7.69%
This is a pipe-dream.
Eggman Prediction: .72%
I'll doubt that they'll choose Eggman for a second Sonic rep.

Speaking of Eggman, @ Toxicroaker Toxicroaker , here is some music for Eggman:

Whew... that's a lot of songs!

Now... nominations... oh god... I hate to do this... but-

Oh hey Brawler!

Bandana Dee?! Where did you come from?! Listen... I'm going to nominate you.

What? But Brawler, I don't want to be re-rated on here! People fight over me all the time!

I know... but I have to get your rating over with. Besides, I think that you might be worth looking over again. Don't blame me for nominating you! It was Chandelure's idea!

Chandelurrrrrrrrrrre!

Nominations: Bandana Dee 5x
JUST LIKE WITH THE GEMATSU LEAK DAY, I WILL BE LOOKING OVER THIS DAY EXTENSIVELY. LET'S TRY TO KEEP THIS DAY AS CIVIL AS POSSIBLE WITH LITTLE AMOUNT OF DEEBATES. IF ANYTHING GETS TOO CHAOTIC LIKE LAST TIME, I WILL ENFORCE MODERATOR ACTION ON THOSE WHO CONTINUE THE FLAME WARS.

x5 Bandana “Flame War” Dee Rerate
:laugh:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Peppy
Chance - 2% - I think Krystal, Leon, or Slippy would get in over him, because like they said about Ed Reed my favorite NFL player, "He's too old." Seriously though, he didn't even go on missions in his last game right? Maybe it was Assault, but I think one time he stayed out.

Want - 40% - I guess I wouldn't mind him, but I rather have Leon from team Star Wolf

Medusa
Chance - 3% - Isn't she huge in Uprising? I think she was. Like bigger that Ridley size. Plus, she has loads of competition I think.
Want - 15% - More Uprising is good, but I rather have had Viridi or Amazon Pandora

Predictions:
7 Pokemon: 5%
Eggman: 1% - He should be a boss.

Nominations:
Mr. Dream Boss x 2
Idolm@ster character x 3

@ Groose Groose why even though Idolm@ster character has x9 nominations, are they still grouped with the x5 ones?

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Peppy:
Chances: 0%

-Medusa:
Chances: 25%
Want: 70%

-Seven Pokemon Prediction: 2,2%
-Eggman Prediction: 2%

-Nominations:
X5

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Peppy: 0%
MC, Sidekick and Villain... Love Interest unaccounted for... series not really deserving 3 characters... seriously?

No.

Medusa: 0.1%
As far as Japan is concerned KI has two game, and while they're great, that's more than one rep per game... As for instead of Palutena? Pah, nice joke!

More deserving characters are vying for position, and Pit x Palutena is enough!

But you can't carry seven Pokémon, Mewtwo was sent to the PC: 17.01%
I know it'll probably change by tonight, but for now I'm sniping the highest prediction by .01!

Dr Robotnik? No-body calls him that anymore!: 0.82%
Someone's bound to give him 5% or something...

Double Cherry*5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Idolm@ster character x 3

@ Groose Groose why even though Idolm@ster character has x9 nominations, are they still grouped with the x5 ones?
By the way, doesn't Idolm@ster have only one Japan-only game on the DS? The rest are on the Playstations IIRC.

Oh, let me add my nominations:
Bandana "Nightmare" Dee x 5 :psycho:

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Peppy
Chance: 0%
Star Fox already has 3 rep, and this point I doubt Crystal too, I don't belive in OVER representation or UNDER representation but a franchise with 5 games (no remakes), is hardly going to get a forth rep.
He is well known by his infamous quote, but he is old I don't want to hit elderly, Star Fox already has 3 rep

Medusa
Palutena, Palutena, Palutena, Palutena, Palutena and if there is any doubt Palutena

Want: 22%
I am really a fan of Kid Icarus, I would support Medusa more if I got Palutena, for now all my support and want is with Palutena

Predictions
Seven Pokemon: 8.32%
Dr. Eggman: 3.2%

Nominations
Bandit x 5

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Peppy Hare - 0%
its pretty much impossible, the only one with a chance is Krystal, and even then it's most likely that it'll be just the brawl line up, the Rabbit has done his days
want - 1%
just for this
Medusa - 5%
paluetena is pretty much guaranteed, so its a fight for a third slot and she's competing with hades for that, but still its a far off shot for the series to get a third slot
want - 50%
indifferent
seven pokemon - 4.79%
i'm not expecting it to break 5
eggman - 1.07%
I don't know, just very low
Nominations:
whelp, time to show loyalty to my fan base
X5

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Peppy: 5%. "Sorry guys, I got to sit this one out!"
Want: 50%. Indifference.
Medusa: 40%. Only Icarus char that isn't Pale Tuna I could actually see getting in...
Want: 100%. Better than every other character Icarus has, every one else is an extremely poor choice for a character. Every one else is either extremely bland *cough Palutena, Magnus, Hades cough*, really minor *KI Dog, LOL*, or are really overrated as gaming characters/ I don't like *Again, Palutena and Hades*.
Noms: Bandanna Dee X5
"You're becoming more like Chandelure..."

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Peppy:
Want: 1%
Not my favorite Star Fox character.

Medusa:
Chance: 10%
I'd take her over Palutena and Hades honestly.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
BE CAREFUL IT'S A TRAP!!!!

Peppy
Chance: 0% - He's portrayed as being old and retired in the newer Star Fox games. I can't even see him being considered.
Want: 13% - He may have had some of best lines ever but that's not enough to make me excited for him.

Medusa
Chance: 1% - I'm here to crash her homecoming party.
Let's face it, Hades is the new face of villainy for Kid Icarus. She's just there to trick the player into thinking the game was only nine chapters long. They had me fooled. :(
Want: 46% - I'm split on this. I absolutely love her design but I find her personality to be rather boring, especially compared to Hades.

Seven Pokemon prediction: 3%
Eggman prediction: 0.8%

Nominations: Calling to the Night x5

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Peppy:

Chance: 0.3%
Not happening. Star Fox probably isn't getting a rep any time soon, and if it were to get one, it'd be Krystal.

Medusa:

Chance: 7%
Possible, but more likely for the next Smash game since Palutena's practically confirmed.

Want: 80%
I'd love to see her.

Predictions:

Seven Pokemon: 4.45%
Eggman: 0.87%

Nominations: Eirika x5 (@ Groose Groose , her name is spelled wrong in the nominations place.)

Last edited:

Xhampi

Smash Lord
The Barrel Roll Bunny
Krystal or bust !

Want : 5%
I really don't find him interresting as a potential fighter.

Medusa
Chance : 5%
It's unlikely that she makes it before Palutena.
It's unlikely that we get a 3rd rep for Kid Icarus.

Want : 20 %
I like her design, her personality and the fact that she can easily put more of a fight than Palutena (and is willing to so unlike her) but Palutena is just that more likeable as a character, and she have a really big fanbase that I don't want to see crushed.

But I swear to Arceus if Kid Icarus Uprising is enough to get the Kid Icarus series 2 new rep, a **** load of items and probably more to see (like a codec) , when Metroid is still stuck with 2 Samus, and only get a new item and two new assist trophies (who are still at the cost of the Meta Ridley boss fight)

Yeah I don't even have words for it...Anyways, moving on

Nomination
Bandanna Dee X5 since people seems to really want to rerate him.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Peppy:
Chance: 0% - It's just not going to happen.
Want - 25% - The fact is we can moan and whine about too many star fox characters all we want, but does anyone not play fox, falco, or wolf? And for everyone that plays them, does anyone not enjoy it? Starfox didn't get extra reps cause his series earned it. Starfox got extra reps cause his move set in smash earned it. Falco was the best clone in melee, so he got to stay in Brawl and they even made a wolf. Bring on all the star fox characters you want. From Andross to Dash. So I won't say I don't want Peppy, cause I know he wouldn't be offensive to play as and I want as many characters as humanly possible.

Medusa:
Chance - 50% - Palutena's the shoo in, but I want to think Medusa will still be the surprise in the Kid Icarus Happy Meal. So I have convinced myself to believe it to be possible.
Want - 100%

Groose

Smash Champion
Ah, that's my fault. Every day, I go and add all of the new nominations onto the existing ones, and then I manually reorder them based on the new numbers. Every now and again, something slips through the cracks--especially near the bottom where I take a bit less care. I'll catch it as I update them today.

Hooray for typos?
My E3 Resolution: update this game at an earlier hour again so I don't almost fall asleep at the keyboard on a nightly basis.
Nominations: Eirika x5 (@ Groose Groose , her name is spelled wrong in the nominations place.)
Ooops. And she's the Fire Emblem character I know the best. I think it was a typo--I do know how to spell her name.

Peppy Hare: 1% chance and 50% want
Star Fox is a franchise that I don't expect will receive another character; it's actually the most likely series to shrink in presence in my eyes. Even if we do get a newcomer, I'd anticipate it would be Krystal. She's got a deeper movepool, is far more requested, is more important in recent Star Fox games, and adds roster diversity through being female. Heck, even if they decide not to go with her, I'd think they'd choose Slippy over Peppy.

When considering how much I'd want Peppy, I initially planned on giving him a solid 100%. My reasoning was this: I love Peppy! How could I not like it if he were in Smash? Then, of course, the realization hit me--he'll probably be a fourth "Blaster and Reflector" character. I know they're unique and they all play differently (in Brawl, my friend mains Falco, and my fifth-most used is Wolf; they're really different in terms of gameplay), but I can't help but think the whole thing as a bit boring. One "Blaster and Reflector" character? AWESOME. Two? That's cool! Three? That's OK, I suppose. Four? Ugh. At least it's Peppy.

Medusa: 5% chance and 66% want
There was a time when I thought several Kid Icarus characters had a realistic shot. Palutena was always the frontrunner in my mind, but I figured that Medusa, Magnus, and even Hades had a decent shot, too. As time went on, however, the stars have aligned for Palutena--teasing, removal from Pit's FS, leaks, popularity surge, etc. I now think she's almost definitely in, and I don't think Sakurai will choose two Kid Icarus newcomers... which means that Medusa, Magnus, and Hades have fallen from double-digits scores to mere 5%'s.

As for want, I would take her. She wasn't my favorite Uprising character, but she was good nonetheless. Still, she's not my most wanted Kid Icarus villain, nor is she my most wanted Kid Icarus goddess.

x5 Spectator Mode

DAY OVER

RETURN OF GROOSE

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Peppy
0.80% chance
18.89% want

It's quiet... too quiet... be careful, it's a trap! Ah! I'm getting careless! FOX!

Medusa
10.24% chance (was 11.85%)
54.88% want (was 28.26%)

Well, that's an interesting turn of events. Medusa's new chance score is less than a percent lower than that of Hades; Medusa's want score is less than a percent higher than that of Hades. Trouble in the Underworld? The want spike here is particularly noteworthy--it looks like Pretty Palutena did't really do a number on her, huh?

Today we're discussing Pokemon. How many Pokemon do you think will make the roster? How about seven? In addition, it's time to discuss Eggman. Robotnik. Whatever you want to call the good doctor. Please rate "Seven Pokemon Characters" and Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik in chance and want today. Tomorrow will be the last day before we go into E3-Hype mode. (Sorry, Waddle Dee--looks like you'll have to wait. Mwahahahaha!). We'll be rating three things instead of the normal two--Spectator Mode, a Competitively Overpowered Character, and the team of Plusle and Minun. Please predict how these concepts will do.

If anyone has any suggestions on celebration days to have in the week before E3, now is the time to suggest them!

D

Deleted member

Seven Pokemon Characters

Chance: 50%

Brawl had six (inb4 "But SLOTS!"), so I wouldn't be surprised if Smash 4 had seven.

There are other characters I would want over a seventh Pokemon, but I'm aware of the series' large, dedicated fanbase, so I'm indifferent.

Chance: 0%

I don't think we'll get a second Sonic character. inb4 CliffJumper

Want:

50%

I'm indifferent.

Predictions

Spectator Mode: 90%
Competitively Overpowered Character: 50%
Plusle + Minun: 20%

Last edited by a moderator:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
The extra nomination post has been updated.

Wow, didn't expect Medusa's want score to rise that much.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Pre-E3 Suggestion: How accurate do you think our scores are on RTC (for unrevealed characters).

Seven Pokemon: 2% We may get Mewtwo. The fact that six is even a tiny bit iffy makes me doubt seven.
Want: 0% I don't want Sceptile. Please don't give us Sceptile.

Eggman: 0% He is the third most likely character for a third party game that already has a rep.

Spectator Mode: 87.92%
Minun & Plusle: 1.3%
Competitively Overpowered Character: 27.8% I have a feeling people will think top tier, like Fox and Falco in Melee and not god tier like Meta Knight in Brawl. That reminds me. @ Groose Groose will you please state that it means something along the lines of Meta Knight in Brawl so that people don't get confused?

x5 Bandana Dee(bate)

Last edited:

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
7 Pokemanz
Chance: 30%
Want: 75%

IMO, the more the merrier, but careful consideration must be taken in order to satisfy expectations.

First, I would like to point out our expectations before the Smash direct. We all expected (or a large majority) Brawl Pokemon + Mewtwo. Now that we have Greninja, some are only expecting 5 (wut?) Consider that Pokemon Trainer had 3 pokemon, making 6 pokemon in Brawl, we could jump up to 7. Also, we have had 2 additions in smash for every installment thus far, so to jump up one is very possible.

I would also like to say that Pokemon is a huge series. There are plenty of choices for a 7th character so it is very possible. Not likely, but possible.

Eggman
Want: 60%

I really like Eggman, he is a very good villain, however, being third party to a series already added, it will be difficult for him to be added, especially over characters like Tails and Knuckles.

Spectator Mode: 77%
Competitively OP Character: 11%
Double Pikachu: 1.2%

Bayonetta x5

@ Groose Groose a suggestion, we should do a satisfaction rating and hype for E3 rating for everything revealed so far. Like, all the PotD's, the directs, the characters, graphics, stages, modes, etc.

For example:

Overall satisfaction: 60%
E3 Hype Rating: 80%

I like what has been revealed thus far, although I am somewhat disappointed that certain characters have not been revealed. However, this excites me for E3 because there is a possibility that Palutena will be revealed as well.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Seven Pokemon and Dr. Eggman have been added to the Directory.

Seven Pokemon
Chance:
5%

This is the ultimate pipe-dream. We are currently at four Pokemon and there are two immediate frontrunners. First, we have Jigglypuff, a veteran that has been there since 64. Second, we have Mewtwo, the most requested character worldwide.
If both get in, we have six Pokemon... but there aren't too many significant Pokemon left to take a spot. I suppose that Sceptile could work the best to promote the Gen III remakes, but that's something that I can see Blaziken do...
I guess I can throw in a no cuts scenario for Jigglypuff, Squirtle, and Ivysaur, but even that scenario isn't too likely since Charizard would likely stay if the Pokemon Trainer were to get axed.
Pokemon is a phenomenon, but I doubt that Sakurai will give the series 7 playable characters. There are two significant characters out there... just waiting to get in the game. Having another Pokemon won't leave much room for other franchises to get another character (Donkey Kong and Kirby) or have new series get introduced (Xenoblade, Advance Wars, etc.).
I'm fine with 5 Pokemon. 6? OK. 7? How about no? I guess it depends on the Pokemon, but I rather have other series get more characters and have series like Xenoblade get a character in Smash.

Dr. Eggman
Chance:
1%

The Sonic fanbase is very pollutant and very vocal, as I've mentioned on Tails and Knuckles day. While I say this, it's clear that they want to have Tails, Knuckles, or Shadow. However, various polls just leave Sonic characters as "2nd Sonic character" rather than to have them be separated on polls.
Eggman does have some things going for him. First, he can be considered "legendary" to Sakurai; he is the arch nemesis of a gaming icon, after all. Second, he can work out as a unique fighter by using all sorts of machinery at his disposal. Lastly, Sonic getting in means that Sakurai can still be in contact with Sega; hypothetically, he could ask Sega for another character to put in Smash.
I find the odds of a second Sonic character to be slim as Sakurai may show some favoritism towards Sega, which I bet he would want to avoid.
I sense that the fanbase could succeed overall... but I doubt this.
Want: 90%
After Sonic 3, he became less and less threatening and more of a joke. It upsets me as it heavily devalues Eggman as a villain overall if he is going to get backstabbed later on.
Regardless, I do like Eggman as a villain. I think that in the 4kids era... where we had all sorts of terrible voice actors, Eggman stood out and was pretty much the backbone that held the story together. Seriously, his voice actor is absolutely phenomenal and he made me enjoy Eggman more! He actually makes Eggman sound alive and animated!
I'm pretty open to a second Sonic character (that isn't Shadow). I don't say it out loud because as there really isn't a point towards pushing another Sonic character in Smash. Though, I can safely (and silently) support a second Sonic character as it's something that I know won't happen.

Spectator Mode Prediction: 91.38%
Watch as how this gets confirmed at E3! Ah... but I really miss this mode...
Competitively OP Character Prediction: 61.00%
People will mention Namco balancing the game, but this should come as a given. I kinda expect another Meta Knight.
Plusle & Minun Prediction: 1.77%
Oh yeah! These guys! Yeah... they won't be met in a positive light... but I'm sure some Forbidden 7 stuff will save them.

(Sorry, Waddle Dee--looks like you'll have to wait. Mwahahahaha!).
(or rather this thread!)
Whew...
But I'm still going to nominate him.

Nominations: Bandana Dee 5x

As for what I recommend for E3 week...
  1. Overrated and Underrated: Our ratings aren't perfect by any means. While we re-rated a ton of characters after the Direct, I bet that we botched some characters or concepts along the way. Though, I am not a fan of re-rating the most overrated and underrated character/concept after E3.
  2. Most Hyping and Dehyping: I want to reminisce about this again. With the Direct out of the way, several disconfirmations, the Gematsu leak, Ike returning, and more, I want to return to this great day.
  3. Favorite Three Days: I'm sad that we didn't do this before the Direct. I want to know what our favorite three days were in terms of the game. Was it actions of other users that made you love that day? Or perhaps you liked it because of a post you made?
  4. Top 5 Most Likely & Most Wanted: This is something that I just thought of. I want to think... what are the 5 most likely characters that you think will get in Smash? Who are your five most wanted characters as well? That is something that I am curious about. Confirmed characters count for the wanted list rather than the expected list.
This is all that I can think of at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:

chronomantic

Smash Ace
-Seven Pokemon
Chance 50% - so in 64 we got 2 reps, in Melee 4 and in Brawl 6. There are 4 reps revealed so far and I think we can safely expect Puffs. Sakurai may have mercy on the Mewtwo fanbase and add him too (or he could throw us another curve ball and add another unexpected Pokemon). But I think that's it.
Want 70% - I wouldn't mind another rep though it depends on the Pokemon.

-Dr Eggman
Chance 0% - this is about Nintendo all-stars not supporting characters to 3rd party icons.
Want 0%

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
7 Pokemon
Chance: 15%, At first I was going to give this 1%, but then I did the math:
-Brawl had 6/39 = 15.38%
-I'm expecting a roster of around 50+ characters for Sm4sh, so 7/50 = 14%, which is less than Brawl
Still hesitant to rate this higher since 7 characters is A LOT. And Pokemon Trainer really only occupied one roster slot despite being 3 playable characters.

Mewtwo, Sceptile/Ivysaur, and Jigglypuff/Sylveon plz. I don't like the idea of the roster being disproportionately filled with Pokemon, but ain't no way Sceptile is getting in before Jigglypuff or Metwo. I'm willing to make sacrifices in the name of my boy. And even if it isn't Sceptile, Pokemon is a varied series with a large number of potentially interesting fighters.

Eggman
Chance: 0.2%, I doubt he'd get in over Tails, and I doubt Tails will get in.
Want: 0%, nope

Nomz
Ooccoo and Ooccoo Jr. x5

Predicts
Spectator- 93%
Plusle/Minun- 4.9%
Meta Knight 2: Electric Boogaloo- 18%

*edit, If you make two posts on the same page, does your signature only appear after the first post? I'm not sure why my signature isn't appearing after this post... I wanted to show off my Sceptile support for the Pokemonz rating.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Tomorrow will be the last day before we go into E3-Hype mode. (Sorry, Waddle Dee--looks like you'll have to wait. Mwahahahaha!).

For a suggestion... maybe veteran satisfaction.
But all of the pre-April Direct stuff was good, all of that would work again.

Seven Pokemon Characters:
[collapse=Pokemon rankings]
Pikachu: 100% for this and every future game
Charizard: 100% for this and every future game
Lucario: 100% for this and every future game
Greninja: 100% he's in now
Mewtwo: 90% the most requested videogame character bar none. Popular. 2 Mega Evos. Sakurai "considered" it at E3. Relevant, unique... oh, and a new movie, which has been stated as a deciding factor.
Jigglypuff: 89% the rest of the originals are 100%, but it's possible that Gamefreak will only want "marketable Pokemon"
Sceptile: 24% this rating is basically the chance of him. Most popular grass starter full evolved + Hoenn confirmed-- if the developers are smart, they could have predicted his popularity increase after the news, but I'm not expecting him
Blaziken: 12% Hoenn + Mega evo + popular + Pokken Fighters + Deoxys deconfirmed
Genesect: 5% New Movie + unique + no gen 5 pokemon + Zoroark deconfirmed + Meloetta deconfirmed + Victini deconfirmed
Squirtle: 1% Veteran
Ivysaur: 1% Veteran
Sylveon: 0.75%
Plusle and Minun: 0.5%
Pichu: 0.4%
Diancie: 0.3%
Gengar: 0.2%
Clefairy: 0.1%
Everybody else added together: 0.01%
Red: 0.01% I doubt he could work as a fighter without his main gimmick
Zoroark: 0%
Meowth: 0%
Eevee: 0%
Deoxys: 0%
Victini: 0%
Mew: 0%
Meloetta: 0%
Fennekin: 0%
Gardevoir: 0%
Kalos Trainer: 0%
May: 0%
N: 0%

[/collapse]

So, to find the chance, I think I add these up and divide it by 7.
624.27/7=89.18%
Uhhh.... this doesn't seem right... maybe I'll just take the un-confirmed characters' scores
224.27/3=74.77%
No.. this shouldn't have changed... and it's still too high... huh...
I'll just add non-Jiggly and non-Mewtwo unconfirmed characters and subtract my doubt for the 2
45.27-21=24.27%
Alright. Much better.

Chance: 24.27%
Sceptile, Mewtwo, Genesect, Diancie, Blaziken, Sylveon, and Gengar are awesome.
I want to see how the fairy re-type affects Jigglypuff.
I used Squirtle and Ivysaur way more than Charizard in Brawl.
Pichu was lawl.

Eggman:
[collapse=Sonic rankings]
Sonic- 100%
Shadow- 0.5% He makes less sense than Eggman and Tails, but he's the most requested and high requests is the only reason I'd consider something as crazy as a 2nd Sonic rep.
Eggman: 0.3% iconic
Tails: 0.25% iconic
Amy: 0.2%
Knuckles: 0.15% Can't believe people consider him the most likely Sonic newcomer. Doesn't fill the villain role, the female role, isn't the main secondary protagonist, and isn't the most requested.
Blaze, Silver, Sticks, Metal Sonic, Vector, and everybody else combined: 0.1%
As much as I like Blaze, none of these have a chance over 0.1%[/collapse]

Chance: 0.3%
Want: 15%
Nothing against the character. He's cool... pretty deserving as a character. But the idea of 2 Sonic characters makes me throw up a little.

Pre:

Spectator Mode: 50%
Barely get this. Could go either way. Depends on how it's implemented. Random numbers... blah blah blah.

Oh, apparently this was in Brawl's online mode, that online was so bad I gave up on it after 1 try . I usually just play with people physically there anyways. But it looks like this has a good shot. So... yay?
New prediction: 90%
Overpowered Character: 10%
No. I have faith in Lord Sakurai.

Plusle and Minun: 4.7%
Will be higher than it is due to Brawl data misinterpretation.

Noms:
x5 Shia/Cia

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I am so thankful that Bandana Dee was postponed.. the idea of rerating him AGAIN makes me physically ill.

Seven Pokemon - 10%
5 and/or 6 = Mewtwo and/or Jigglypuff. There isn't a clear 7th spot, at least when it comes to the fiece competish.
Want - This is tough to say. It depends who else isn't on the roster, and I say this as a lifelong Pokemaniac. Abstain.

Dr. Eggman - 2.5%
BY FAR the most likely third party villain, but that's not saying much, especially when you're the third most likely Sonic character.
want - 5%

predict Spectator Mode - 70%
OP character - 15%
Plusle and Minun - 5%

NOMINATE: Flynn x5

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
More Pokémon than your pockets can handle!!!: 49.4%

Pikachu: 100%
Lucario: 100%
Charizard: 100%
Greninja: 100%
Sceptile: 45%
Blaziken: 20%
Mewtwo: 95%
Jigglypuff: 80%

No Sakurai surprise because Greninja kinda was that already, and prooves Gamefreak have a lot of sway on Pokémon characters.

So we've already got 4so only need 3 more, and there's not a lot of options for it. Moreover Sceptile and Blaziken are mutually exclusive in my opinion so that's a simple addition. All three of these have to happen for this to be correct.

Mewtwo: 95%
Jigglypuff: 80%
3rd Genner: 65%

Then maths.

Not quite likely, but a solid chance... sounds about right!

If it's Mewtwo, Jiggles and Sceptile yes, not a fan of Blaziken... It's sad to see Squirtle and Ivysaur go, but I have grown to accept their passing.

Eggman: 0.01%
As a playable? Seriouslu? A third party who has to compete with Shaddow, Tails and Knuckles from his own franchise and characters from other SEGA series!

That said, as a boss he gets 100% support! I don't know how he would be given his stage is based on Lost Worlds, but still...

Spectator Mode: 88.8%
Why would they get rid of this from Brawl? Or do you mean SmashTV like MKTV, because else that's a discussion but one that heavily leans to being in.

OP Character: 11.1%
I think they're being a lot more careful, but there's always unexpected exploits that may slip past, and the Direct does not make me the most confident.

Pra_Mai: 2.2%
Especially right after today's 7 slots discussion and people thinking it's so low.

Double Cherry*5

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
7 Pokemon
Chance: 3%
Pokemon already has a newcomer and Charizard got a bit of a revamp, I expect Jiggs back and thats it.
Want: 80%
As long as it has good diversity of the generations and I'm all for it. Sceptile for gen 3 and....... All the good gen 5 pokemon have already been deconfirmed I think. We haven't seen Wobbuffet yet and he would be hilarious

Eggman
Both: 0%
Sega already has a character and he has to compete with every other Sega character who also have next to no chance.

Last edited:

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Eggman:

Eggman has to compete with the likes of Tails if he wants to be the second Sonic rep. But of course, we have to wonder if there will be any more Sonic reps at all. Sakurai has stated before that any third party characters appearing in Smash is a big deal. If it's that bad then I doubt there will be any more reps for Sonic. I give him 1% because he is possible, Sega and Nintendo seem to have a pretty strong relationship as of late.

Want: 15%

I don't really care for Eggman much but with all his technology and robotics then he could be pretty intesting. But then again, you could do the same thing with any MegaMan character so...

7 Pocket Monsters:

Chance: 60%

I feel confident we'll be seeing 6 pokemon reps again. 7 however, I'm not entirely sure but am leaning towards it happening. There was meant to be 7 in Brawl but Mewtwo was cut probably due to time constraints. Now since cutscenes have been cut they are given more time and space to work with. Plus when you take into account that there have been at least 2 pokemon newcomers each generation of Smash and 1 of them already covered by Greninja. And beyond that, just look at how many possible characters there are available. Sakurai could think one looks cool and decides to make it playable.

The only thing I think really stands against it is, well, that's 7 characters. 7 does seem to be pushing it a bit even for one of Nintendo's most popular franchises.

What?! Why only 50%?. But what about Sceptile or all the others you love?

Yeah, they're great and all but there are other people I'd love to see as well that, y'know, aren't pokemon. Plus, I don't want to see another pokemon that is supposed to be a joke character. Yes, I'm one of 'those' people that don't like Jiggs while she remains in Smash.

Predictions:

Plusle + Minun (see what I did there... no. Okay then) = 5%
OP character = 30%
(I'm not doing it for 'Spectacular mode' because what the hell does that mean?)

Can't wait for E3 hype week.

Edit: I'd like to change my 7 pokemon characters chances to 50%.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom