• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
-Ridley and K.Rool
Chance 20% - I think if anything Sakurai would finally throw a bone to Ridley stans but neglect K.Rool. The latter's last appearance was in a 2008 Mario sports game, not that remarkable.
Want 0% - I don't care about Ridley nor that fugly generic villain crocodile.

-Bowser Land
Chance 80%
Want 100% - sure, any Mario stage is fun to play in.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Yes! I've been waiting for this day!

K. Rool and Ridley Chance: 82%

I am not only hoping to get both, but I am rather confident that we will get both. But to judge this fairly, we have to rate both characters individually first.

Ridley Chance: 100%

I've dead serious, I am positive that not only is Ridley playable, there is an 90% chance the shadow we saw in the Direct was playable Ridley. Only reason that isn't the same as his chances is because his animations might not be finished, which I highly doubt but can't disprove. He's downsized to the point of being a bit taller then Bowser, he moves nothing like a boss, he's to small to be a boss, so if that is boss Ridley then it is either very poorly designed or just unfinished. And in that case there will be a playable and stage hazard Ridley, it makes no sense whatsoever for Sakurai to be so coy on the subject, to reveal that Ridley is just a boss. (No, he is not hyping up Ridley as a boss, that's a gimmick of a feature that has appeared in Smash Bros before. That would be akin to hyping Mewtwo coming out of a Masterball, because it's "an exciting new feature with the Pokeballs!".) I could write an extremely long and detailed essay on this subject, but I don't have the time, so I'll let others do it for me:

Fellow lovely Smashboards user who has compiled a detailed analysis of Pyrosphere, Sakurai's actions, and size comparisons for Ridley's shadows.
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-ridley-for-ssb4-thread-ridleytalk.324284/page-637#post-16728288

Excellent Youtuber who explains logically and unbiasedly how it makes no sense if Ridley is not playable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEcabFkhpa8

K. Rool Chance: 80%

Only at 80% because of the existence of Dixie Kong, (Who I would also put at 80%, for the opposite reason). We will definitely get a DK newcomer this iteration of Smash, maybe even two, it's one of Nintendo's most successful franchises, and has many recent, excellent games, making it more then deserving of higher representation in Smash Bros. We could get Dixie, we could get K. Rool, we could get both. Dixie's got relevancy, K. Rool has iconism, both are popular and have great potential to be unique, I'm just not sure which ones we will get.

Combined: 82%. Because screw math, I do what I want :rotfl:

K. Rool + Ridley Want: 100%

You could put almost any newcomer with Ridley and I would still rate the same, and I 100% want K. Rool as well. They are 2 characters that above literally everybody else, DESERVE to be in the next Smash Bros game. K. Rool was part of my childhood, I loved the DKC series as a kid, I cannot wait for his inevitable return. As for Ridley, see profile pic and signature. #1 Nintendo newcomer (Raymans #1 overall) that I want in this game by a longshot, I don't care who else is in as long as he is.

BowserLand Chance: 40%

Wellllllll..... it's certainly relevant, it very well could be included into the game, I don't see any reason why not. However......

Want: 30%

Bowser's Castle is more iconic and more deserving, and overall more likely.

Isaac Predictions: 70%
There is literally no reason he should be rated again -_-

Pacman -Ghostly Adventures: 15%
Possible, but unlikely

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
King K. Rool and Ridley:

Chance:
I previously gave Ridley a 50%, but now that I've had time to think about it, I think it's a bit more likely that he's in than not. So about 57.5% seems fair.

Then I gave King K. Rool a 90% last time...but that may be a bit high. I'll say 85% instead.

So 48.875%, which I'll round to 48.88%.

Want: 95%
I like both of them, although I prefer Ridley. While it would be a shame not to see King K. Rool in, it wouldn't hurt the roster that much for me.

Bowser Land:

Chance: 15%
Possible, but not as obvious as some other stages.

Want: 75%
It looks awesome. I'd like to see it.

Predictions:
Non-Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man: 35.75%
Isaac: 43.14%

Nominations: Medusa x5

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
K. Rool and Ridley:

Chance: 55%

This one is pretty easy for me to rate since I give both ridley and K. Rool a 55% chance.

Ridley I find very hard to predict, he is hinted to be a boss in the Smash direct but it could just be Sakurai trolling us again. I wouldn't be surprised if either scenario was the case. The only reason I give Ridley 5% more because he is very overdue, being requested since Melee. The 'too big' argument I think really doesn't hold much water against him either with Bowser from the Mario series being much larger than he is in Smash. Heck, Ridley was in the opening cutscene for Melee who appeared slightly bigger than Samus.

I'd give K. Rool a 50% chance for him being extremely popular but the Kremlings appearing in Smash Run does boost it a tiny bit. Personally, I think Dixie is more likely but I'm not ruling out K. Rool yet.

I don't have any nostalgia for either of them because I haven't played any of the old school SNES games and I'm not much of a Metroid fan (Super Metroid is the only Metroid I've actually played). So why would I give them a 75% want. Because of 2 reason: 1. It would add more villains to the roster (which Smash is clearly lacking) and 2. They look interesting characters that haave a lot of potential to be unique.

Bowser Land:

Chance: 10%

Super Mario 3D World doesn't appear to be getting any representation at all but if there was a stage from 3D World then Bowser Land is the most likely guess in my opinion.

Want: 100%

I love Bowser's Land... and that music (Oh god that music :colorful:) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LvZKeO34PA

Nominations: Chrom x 5

I want to see if Ike may have effected his chances at all.

EDIT: Forgot to add, this is my first post on Smashboards. Couldn't have chosen a better place than the 'Rate their Chances' thread! :bee:

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
EDIT: Forgot to add, this is my first post on Smashboards. Couldn't have chosen a better place than the 'Rate their Chances' thread! :bee:
Welcome to the boards! It's always good to see new faces here.:laugh:

RidleyRool:
Chance: 5%
Sorry guys, but I don't see ol' Ridley happening. K.Rool has about a 50% in my book. He is VERY heavily requested, but lacks the relevancy and marketability of Dixie Kong. But Ridley is all but dead to me at this point. I just can't get over the logic of him not being a boss. So there is Ridley's shadow... while Sakurai is mentioning boss characters. If he talked about Mewtwo when discussing new pokeballs, would that somehow help his chances of being playable? yeah, Sakurai did pull a fast ne with ZZS, and that's the only thing that puts him at a 10% rather than a 1% for me.
Want: 82%
I'm pretty indifferent on both of them, but the fans deserve this. Those dudes back at the Ridley fanbase are hardcore.

Bowser land:
Chance: 20%
I'm guessing they would go with an earlier location.
Want: 90%
I'd prefer Bowser Castle, but still be thrilled to see this as a stage.

Predictions:
Isaac: 42%
Non-Ghostly pac-man: 53%

Nominating
Dr. Eggman x5
Pingas!

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
K. Ridley
Chance - 55%
I'm extremely unsure.
K. Rool seems to be a bit uncertain particularly because of the Dixie factor. However, the Kremlins appearing are a huge positive sign, and I'd give K. Rool a fairly high chance.
And then Ridley ... oh gosh, I keep wavering back and forth and don't know what to think.
So I'm going almost neutral, but a bit on the positive side due to the extreme popularity of both of these characters. I feel like we'll see at least one of them.

Want - 100%
With Palutena pretty much 99% in ... this is the next greatest dream ever. And in the greatest context, I think Smashboards will collapse under the weight of celebration if this happened, and it could possibly be the greatest smash-related announcement we could get that's realistically possible, perhaps only lacking in the Mewtwo department.

Bowser Land
Chance - 10%
I think it's fairly possible we might finally get a Bowser Stage, but as much as I love Bowser Land and its awesome awesome music, I think we're more likely to get Bowser's Castle instead.

Want - 60%
I'd really enjoy this, but currently the bowser-ish stage I'm pulling for is a Mario Kart Bowser's Castle stage on the Wii U version. Mostly because Mario Kart 8's Bowser's Castle is easily the most beautiful in the history of the series.

Predictions
Classic pac - 61%
Isaac - 32%

Nominations
x5 Smash Tv/Spectator Mode

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
To all the people saying we should not rate Isaac again, there is one thing we need to do... Break the tie!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
K. Roodley:

Chance: 7% - Sakurai's current newcomer picks, the Gematsu leak, Ridley almost certainly being a stage hazard, taking all of these things into consideration I think we'll be lucky if we get either of them, so I think it's really unlikely we'll see both at this point.

Want: 100% - After Mega Man's reveal this is all I've wanted. Give me this and I'll have the perfect Smash Bros. roster.

Bowser Land:

Chance: 20% - Maybe-ish?

Want: 75% - Dat music

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
K. Rool AND Ridley:
Chance: 85%∩10% = 8.5%
Want: 100%∪75% = 100%

So basically, I have great hopes for K. Rool, little hope for Ridley and high want for both.

Bowser Land: 20%
Bowser needs a stage for himself.

By the way, @lonekonwolf
Wonder Red is shown as Deconfirmed! Assist Trophy when he was shown only as a Trophy.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
K. Rool and Ridley:10%- This low score is only really because of Ridley
Want:80%-Neither are amongst my most wanted, but they are interesting.

Bowser Land Chance:20%
Want:50%

Also, why are we rerating Isaac? It's pointless.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
The extra nomination post has been updated. Apologies for being late again, I went to bed early last night.

K. Rool and Ridley: 10% - I unfortunately don't think we're getting Ridley anymore.
Want: 1000% - With Mega Man and Little Mac in, these two are the characters I want the most. If we got both of them I'd be extremely happy.

Bowser Land: 25% - It's possible.
Want: 70% - I'd prefer Bowser's Castle, but this would be fine too.

Isaac prediction: 43.36% - It's only been about a month since the last rating and absolutely nothing has changed that affects his chances. Therefore his chance score will not change much at all. Why are we even re-rating him?
Non-Ghostly Pac prediction: 45.42% - I have no idea.

Peppy's up tomorrow, so Lor Starcutter x5

Tenchi Boom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TenchiBoom
K. Rool Chance: 20%
Ridley - 5% - He's been hinted as a stage hazards a couple of times. Meta Ridley or normal Ridley, it's still Ridley.
Want: 0% - Don't really care for either.

Bowser Land Chance: 40%
Want: 60% - I think it'll look amazing.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
K Ridley
Chance: 49.643801%
Math
Want: 99%
Yeah, I want them. Ridley is hands down the most deserving character currently not playable and K Rool would be cool and is better then another Kong.

World Bowser (the actual name assuming we are talking 3D World)
Chance: 34%
I sadly don't see 3D World getting a stage considering the lack of Wii based stages in Brawl

Want: 89%
My pick for a Bowser stage, It would be great and the music would be fantastic. I could possibly see it becoming the next Temple in Smash 5.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'm surprised by the low ratings of K. Rool and Ridley, we put them alot in prediction rosters, yet we give both of them being playable around a 15%-20% chance. :dizzy:

K. Ridley Chance: 30% Could happen, but Dixie is honestly in the way for that to happen.
K. Ridley Want: 10%

Isaac Prediction: 20.5% Hoping the ratings for Isaac are lowered more, expecting Isaac as playable is expecting Starfy to be playable when Golden Sun hasn't truly made a name for itself. :p

Nominations:
x5 Two Retro Newcomers.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ridley & king k rool

Im separating them for this vote

Ridley

Chance 98%

Im serious im also accusing you guys/gals of denying that ridley is playable, even though you guys want him.

Look at these ( AND READ 100% of these.)

The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - RidleyTalk

The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - RidleyTalk

And this video too

And for the missing 2 percent, thats because of reminding myself i could be wrong. But the chance of that is astronomical at this point.

Want 100%
All the way my friends all the way.

King k rool

Chance 60%

Its looking good for him so far the kermlings are enemys, and he got a reference in the boxing ring stage about attacking the lights and falling, just like in dk64 fight. But however he could be a boss hazard thats the missing 40% part.

Want 90%
I would love it if this guys gets back on top.

Bowser land

Chance 20%

Only 20% because more likely for a bowser stage is either one of his castles, or a bowser board from mario party 9.

Want 70%

The board look cool.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Rool and Ridley Double Trouble:

Chance: 50%. I consider both characters strong possibilities.
Want: 100%. Ridley makes this 100% automatically. Both of these characters should have been in a long time ago.

Bowser Land Stage:

Chance: 25%. The inclusion of Sonic: Lost World and Pokemon X/Y content pretty much prove that Super Mario 3D World isn't too new to get it's stage. I'm betting on Super Bell Hill, but an evil carnival-themed stage featuring moving platforms, fire bars, and other obstacles could catch Sakurai's attention.

Want: 100%. This song. This song. This song.

This would be an awesome an much needed Bowser stage representing what is, in my opinion, the best 3D Mario game.

------ Predictions:

Isaac Rererate: Really? Okay... 40%.
"Non-Ghostly Adventures" Pac-Man: 15.5%.

------ Nominations:

Nightmare x3
Aran Ryan x2

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
K. Ridley
Chance: 75%.

Rids is pretty much guaranteed. Based on @ Smashoperatingbuddy123 Smashoperatingbuddy123 's extensive analyses, and some tail analysis, I've extrapolated Ridley's size to be this range of sizes, which don't exactly scream "boss size".

pyrosphere.png

Frankly, I'm more worried about K. Rool's chances, as I can't imagine him with a moveset not based around the blunderbuss, and I know Kaptain K. Rool has no chance of being his own character. On the bright side, his only competition is Dixie Kong, as Cranky got relegated to a cameo in the Jungle Japes level.

Want:75%. My desire for Ridley to be in the game has sorta died because I already know he's in. If he's in, I'm only interested in how he plays. I want K. Rool more than Ridley now, because his fate is more uncertain for me.

Bowser Land
Chance: 75%. The chances of Zelda having as many stages as Mario is a laughable thought, and Rosalina's page promoted Super Mario 3D world.

Want: 50%. Indifferent.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Rool and Ridley Double Trouble:

Chance: 50%. I consider both characters strong possibilities.
Want: 100%. Ridley makes this 100% automatically. Both of these characters should have been in a long time ago.

Bowser Land Stage:

Chance: 25%. The inclusion of Sonic: Lost World and Pokemon X/Y content pretty much prove that Super Mario 3D World isn't too new to get it's stage. I'm betting on Super Bell Hill, but an evil carnival-themed stage featuring moving platforms, fire bars, and other obstacles could catch Sakurai's attention.

Want: 100%. This song. This song. This song.

This would be an awesome an much needed Bowser stage representing what is, in my opinion, the best 3D Mario game.

------ Predictions:

Isaac Rererate: Really? Okay... 40%.
"Non-Ghostly Adventures" Pac-Man: 15.5%.

------ Nominations:

Nightmare x3
Aran Ryan x2
Which Nightmare? The one from Kirby?

Or the one from Metroid?

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Our favorite pirates :
Chance : 35%

Looking at my previous rating for them (50% chance for no Ridley, 15% chance for no K Rool) it makes 100 - 65 = 35

Ridley is the one who really hurts the chance score as he is pretty much a coin toss at this point.
I have yet to see a reason to doubt in K Rool outside the fact that he have competition from Dixie Kong.

Want : 100%
It could have been Ridley and Shrek and I would still have given a 100% want because Ridley, but Ridley AND K Rool ? **** YEAH !
I have no problem to say that they are both really deserving of a playable slot, more even than some characters who are already playable in smash.

Going to skip Bowserland.

Predictions
Isaac Rerate: 33.3%
"Non-Ghostly Adventures" Pac-Man: 38%

Nominations
Masterpieces return X5

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
King K. Rool AND Ridley at once? How can I even.... ugh

Krool and Ridley:
Chance: 0% - We'll get K. Rool maybe, but Ridley is dead in my eyes.
Want: 75% - Would be 100% without Ridley. I've got Crusade, I can live without Sakurai's version.

I'm separating the two as well; I want K. Rool 100% and chances are 65%, Ridley has 0% chance and 50% want.

Bowser Land:
Want: 60%

Predictions:
Isaac Rerate: 45.65%
"Non-Ghostly Adventures" Pac-Man: 23%

Nominations:
Warrior of Light x4
Tails x1

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I'll start with the less interesting one because stage ratings are weird.

Bowser Land - 10%
It's possible I guess? Stages are too hard to predict to really give this any notable rating, but being from the latest major Mario game can't hurt. (As an aside, I think it's hilarious that googling "Bowser Land" turns up more results about Mario Party 2 than about Super Mario 3D World.)
Want - 50% - Meh.

Both Ridley and K. Rool - 25%
Let's start with a boring way to get a rating: I'm currently thinking 50% on Ridley, and have historically been around 40% on K. Rool. That places the pair at 20%, though I'm going to give a bit of leeway just because of how important both of them are and give it an even quarter chance. There, chance done. But how does this actually play out, and why? That's worth some explanation, I think.

First, a simple disclaimer: if you want to give any stock to this, you can't be sold on the two Gematsu leaks. Maybe they missed one (incredibly important) newcomer, but two? No, not this late in the process with a full 30 characters spoiled and plenty of veterans to go. This rating hinges on the Gematsu leaks being false, otherwise the concept doesn't really make sense, and I definitely hold plenty of doubt in at least the second leak. Second, you can't believe that Ridley is deconfirmed due to Pyrosphere; otherwise, again, the concept doesn't work. I've said my piece on this repeatedly, and I'll do it once more: if Ridley isn't a playable character, there is virtually no reason to believe that Sakurai would regularly tease fans about him for nearly a year and even go so far as to hint at him in a boss reel with his shadow yet failing to actually show Ridley himself. Spending all that time building him up only to have him be a stage obstacle would be an absurd, downright unthinkable hype killer, which doesn't really make sense. The evidence seems to suggest there's more to it than just a boss, and while I'm not prepared to say he's guaranteed in, it certainly feels like he's being set up for something like a major E3 reveal.

So, down to the core concept: could we get not just one, but both of the major fan-requested villains? This is tricky. It's easy to see how one or the other might make it in, knowing both are extremely popular and have long histories with their respective major Nintendo franchises, but I'm not so sure about both. It's not like Smash is lacking for heavy characters, with Ike, Charizard, Dedede, Donkey Kong, and Bowser all confirmed, and with Ganondorf an almost certainty to boot. Even though Ridley and K. Rool would surely make for unique characters, they aren't so unique from the existing cast, particularly the existing villains, that it necessarily makes sense to add two more that fit the traditional villain mold for Smash when we could really use more diverse villains/anti-heroes like Meta Knight, Wario, or Wolf. They've also each got notable counterarguments that give good reason to leave out one or the other, so even if they're okay with including both, it's easy to see how one or the other might get left on the table regardless. Finally, though it's kind of a weak argument, it seems notable that we have yet to get a single new playable villain for SSB4 in a year of reveals, so it is a bit of a stretch to say we would suddenly get two this late in the cycle, nor do I think both could sneak in as secret characters when they are both so major, so I think the concept takes a dive if we make it through E3 without at least one being announced.

Back when SSB4 reveals first started, it's easy to see how this could have been rated much higher: the Ridley hype train was going full steam ahead, K. Rool's wasn't far behind for many fans, and there was plenty of opportunity left for both to make it onto the roster. It's no surprise, by extension, that fan rosters regularly include both characters. Sadly, time has not been friendly to this concept, as while neither character has been deconfirmed, having both characters go unannounced for so long has to be a warning sign that getting the pair isn't nearly as likely as we all first hoped. Personally, I still absolutely believe it can happen, but I can't say I'm expecting it either.

Want - 75% - Neither character especially excites me, but they're both characters that absolutely deserve inclusion, and I know I'd be very happy for the Ridley fans in particular to finally get the character they've been pining for since the earliest days of Smash.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Ridley and K'Rool:

Chance: 56.25%: I think the shadow was too obvious a troll. And buying the Kritters from Rare increases K. Rool a lot. So I'd give these both 75% individually. I multiplied the odds to figure what the chance of both happening are.

Want: 100%: Just, yes. Please.

Bowser Land:
Chance: 75%: Mario 3d Wold succeeded. That seems to be the iconic zone of the game. It's pretty likely to get a stage.
Want: 20%: I'd prefer to fight in Bowser's much more iconic castle than theme park.

Nominations:
Team-Up Attacks in Team Battle x5

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Oh boy! The day is here!

King K. Rool and Ridley
Chance:
83%

There is literally no reason against King K. Rool. Ridley's chances were hurt by the direct, but his chances are more or less neutral to me.

It's the Dream. If Sakurai added just one of these guys, then I'd buy the game faster than I'm already buying it. They can add Mii, or Goku, or some other dumb character, I'll still get it.

Bowser Land
Chance: 23%

Smash could use a Bowser stage, and it seems like something Sakurai would do. However, Bowser's Castle is more likely.

Want: 50%

I want a Bowser Stage, but I'd prefer Bowser's Castle.

Predictions:
Isaac: 50%
Non-GA Pacman: 11%.

Nominations:
Nightmare(Soul Calibur) x 5.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Multiple Reptilian Pirates:
So I think (but am not 100% confident) that Ridley is all but confirmed: 95%
And I think K.Rool is the more likely of the DK newcomers with about a 1/4 chance of getting both: 65% (Dixie is 40% as maths should dictate)

That's a 61.75% chance.

Yarr! I be down for dat!

Bowser Land: 55%
I'm fairly confident we'll get a 3D World stage (70%), because there is a significant gap between now and the Wii U release date, plenty of chance to put one in... and let's not forget Sonic Lost Worlds, which was released only a month before, had a stage revealed months ago... it's nowhere near too late. Now as for what the stage is, Bowser Land is by far the front runner, it's one of the most memorable areas in the game, and just has a wow factor for a stage; there's so much they could do with the stage too, so I rate it well ahead of anywhere else in the game.

Carnival Dayo!

Isaac: 43.07%
NOTHING HAS CHANGED! I don't like the tie either, but this rating is a bit pointless.
Pac 1.0: 16%
I think we're all accepting Pac-Man in his new design... to be honest I think it looks better!

Double Cherry*5
(speaking of 3D World)

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
If King K. Rool and Ridley gets a higher chance than Ridley alone, I will laugh.
I'll be contributing to that, but only because I gave Ridley over 80% to begin with personally.

Double Trouble: 50% This is a reasonable concept involving two characters that have very high chances and are more deserving than any other excluded characters who have been waiting since the Melee days. BUT the first one that gets in will slightly lower the second one's chances.
Want: 999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999% more than anyone else.

Bowser Land - 55% Probably the most likely choice for a stage from this game, which we will probably get.
Want - 50% sure, but Bowser's (classic) Castle is preferable.

predict Isaac - 42% It's pointless to rerate just because of Want score if the chance score was accurate. The game is Rate Their Chances, not Rate Their Want. (We should go ahead and rate Peppy Hare tomorrow too, as a lot of people might just repost their previous score @ Groose Groose )
predict - Pac-Man thingy - 30%

nominate Birdo x5

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Pirates!

Well... I think Ridley has about a 33% chance and K Rool about a 70% chance, somewhere in those ranges. Since I see them as fairly independent, one getting in doesn't really affect the other much. So multiply those together and you get something around 23%. But I dunno, people arguing for the Gematsu leak kinda make me think I should discount them, since IF the Gematsu leak is true, I don't see more than 2 or 3 characters beyond it as likely. Meaning there's not a lot of room for both of them. So I have to cut it down at least a little bit.

Ridley + K Rool chances: 18%

Double Trouble want: 100%
Yes, please. I might actually be more pleased with Simon Belmont, but I'd say that if these two got in, the roster would basically be complete for me. Yes, Palutena, Shulk, Dixie and some others are deserving or I would like them, but these two are my most wanted who haven't been confirmed, who also totally deserve it. And also have a chance.

Bowser Land

It has great music and it looks great in SM3DW. And Bowser stages need some representation. But Bowser's Castle is more iconic and seems like a better choice. And it's likely we'll get that World - Bowser music anyway.

Brawl and Melee were behind the times in their stage selections... However, we have seen two Pokemon stages (and a character) from X & Y. A stage from AC: New Leaf. And a stage from Sonic: Lost World. They all came out in 2013.

However, SM3DW came out later than any of them... We've seen three Zelda stages. On the Wii U, a Skyward Sword stage, which is fine, that was the last new console Zelda. We haven't seen a second Zelda Wii U stage yet. On the 3DS, there's Spirit Train (a DS era stage) and Gerudo Valley (OoT remake for the 3DS). It seems very unlikely we'll see a Link Between Worlds stage, which came out only a little later than SM3DW.

So it might be that the cutoff is somewhere between mid-October and late November. Putting SM3DW right at the cutoff. We already have a Mario Galaxy stage, and Mario is definitely capable of getting three stages...
But is Bowser Land the choice, or is it just Bowser's Castle? Bowser's Castle doesn't really need to take any inspiration from SM3DW specifically (it could take elements from many games, and Bowser's Castle in the NSMB games looks basically the same, etc.) Or could we get some other SM3DW stage? I don't know. But Bowser Land is one of the best choices for SM3DW, so it gets a high percentage of the chance from that, IMO.

Bowser Land chances: 10%
Bowser Land want: 75%
I definitely want the music. But as cool as Bowser Land is, I think Bowser's Castle is more iconic and deserves to be in, so if I had to pick, I'd choose the Castle with the Bowser Land music as one of the tracks on it. What helps Bowser Land a little bit is that Bowser's Castle might be full of lava hazards and stuff which I wouldn't be that into...

Predictions:
Isaac - 44%
Basically the same as before, because nothing has changed.

Non-Ghostly whatever Pac-Man - 30%
I'm not sure what this means exactly and I'm not sure other people do either, so I put a random number. Are we talking appearance? Overall inspiration (including move set and stage and so forth)?

Nominations:
Spectator Mode x5

You know, @ Groose Groose I don't really know what I want to nominate at this point. Most of things I'm interested in/I think have a chance have been done. And we're actually dangerously close to E3... Less than two weeks now. Perhaps we should at least know what our pre-E3 plans are, because that's going to blow up everything again. Probably getting another 4-7 characters revealed given what we saw in the Direct...

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Non-Ghostly whatever Pac-Man - 30%
I'm not sure what this means exactly and I'm not sure other people do either, so I put a random number. Are we talking appearance? Overall inspiration (including move set and stage and so forth)?
Appearance only. I nominated it because it's the thing we talk about the most in the Pac-Man support thread. Only a few people actually want the Ghostly Adventures design. Most everyone else wants the World or Party design as the default.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Well this is a bit of a messy concept to rate, getting both Ridley and K Rool

Double trouble:
Chance: 55%
  • I will not blind myself in hype and that let's keep this kind of realistic. I have watched numerous "proofs" of how the Ridley shown on the direct is not "the Ridley" or that that is the shadow of playable Ridley.
  • Tons of people keeps repeating to themselves how this is obvious Sakurai trolling, but we can never discard that Ridley is a boss and nothing more, he is so liked and demanded than people overanalize evidence or only try to see what fits their believes more.
  • About K. Rool I actually think he stands a better chance individually, the Kremlimgs only "hints" him but something like a shadow would make me doubt him more.

• Ridley has grown on my over the past weeks, I don't have a connection with Rool so overall score is above
  • So yes I doubt Ridley more than Rool but like Ridley more
Bowser Land
No Mario 3d World reference so far so I doubt it will get representation

Want: 3%
For now Galaxy rep is good enough

Nomination
Bandit x 5

Last edited:

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Ridley 90% I'm incredibly confident he is already in and with the size comparisons and the whole lava thing in the pyrosphere then I'm sure Ridley is playable
KKR 80% He is iconic, wanted, unique and Sakurai knows about the Kremlings
Both 85% I'm confident we are getting both
Bowser Land stage 50% Could go either way
Want 100%

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Frankly, I'm more worried about K. Rool's chances, as I can't imagine him with a moveset not based around the blunderbuss, and I know Kaptain K. Rool has no chance of being his own character.
King K. Rool, Kaptain K. Rool and K. Roolenstein are all one and the same, just K. Rool in different outfits, which means he has a **** ton of things to draw moves from, including the blunderbuss.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
King K. Ridley

Chance - 39.25% - The multiplication of what I would give Ridley (50%) and K. Rool (78.5%) as of now. Ridley I just don't know, K. Rool I'm fairly confident as of now.

Want - 90% - Ridley is my second most wanted, and K. Rool at least gets a decent grade.

Browser Land

Chance - 15% - It's a toss up between this and a more early level, but I think it might be too little too late.

Want - 70% - Man, this would be awesome, just for the music.

Predictions

Issac - 42.35% - Eh. Just tossing this score out.

Non-Ghostly Pac-man - 40.56% - About half Pac-Man's score maybe?

Nominations
Fountain of Dreams X5

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
King K. Rool, Kaptain K. Rool and K. Roolenstein are all one and the same, just K. Rool in different outfits, which means he has a **** ton of things to draw moves from, including the blunderbuss.
My primary concern is that K. Rool would overrepresent DKC2, as none of his other identities have as much potential as the Kaptain. And if they decide to make K. Rool carry it around at all times instead of pulling it out of hammerspace whenever he needs it, would the blunderbuss mesh well with his crown and cape?

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
Normally I keep this to myself to avoid criticism... But you asked for it.

Ridley Chance:0%
Ridley Want:0%

King K. Rool Chance:5%
King K. Rool Want:0% / 10% Read reason.

So chance of both? 0%

Reasons
Ridley Chance--Already confirmed as stage hazard. Even before, Metroid series is gaining a slot space with Zero Suit Samus, so now they are OFFICIALLY two different characters. There isn't much of a reason in my opinion to expand that one space (Brawl's Samus) into three spaces.
-Resizing issues.
Ridley Want--
-Wouldn't blend in for me.
-Too big and all resizing models I've seen have been awkward.
-Many people insult me for questioning his appearance. They'll deserve the hurt of his non-playability. I hope they like it.

King K. Rool Chance--DK series might get an extra rep. And who better? 5% because, IF they get an extra rep, it might be Dixey or something.
King K. Rool Want--Similar resizing issues with Ridley.
-I also can't imagine a good moveset. I'm not saying he can't have one. If I see a good one, I might change it to 10%.
-As of now, he wouldn't bring much to the table in my opinion.
Bowser Land Chance--15%
Bowser Land Want--70%

Reasons
Bowser Land Chance--Looks pretty new, so relevance points.
-Would attract a lot of players, I think.
Bowser Land Want--While I pretty much only play on Final Destination, it looks like this map would be neat. I'd use the Final Destination version of it, if it comes.
-Pretty Colors

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Normally I keep this to myself to avoid criticism... But you asked for it.

Ridley Chance:0%
Ridley Want:0%

King K. Rool Chance:5%
King K. Rool Want:0% / 10% Read reason.

So chance of both? 0%

Reasons
Ridley Chance--Already confirmed as stage hazard. Even before, Metroid series is gaining a slot space with Zero Suit Samus, so now they are OFFICIALLY two different characters. There isn't much of a reason in my opinion to expand that one space (Brawl's Samus) into three spaces.
-Resizing issues.
Ridley Want--
-Wouldn't blend in for me.
-Too big and all resizing models I've seen have been awkward.
-Many people insult me for questioning his appearance. They'll deserve the hurt of his non-playability. I hope they like it.

King K. Rool Chance--DK series might get an extra rep. And who better? 5% because, IF they get an extra rep, it might be Dixey or something.
King K. Rool Want--Similar resizing issues with Ridley.
-I also can't imagine a good moveset. I'm not saying he can't have one. If I see a good one, I might change it to 10%.
-As of now, he wouldn't bring much to the table in my opinion.
Bowser Land Chance--15%
Bowser Land Want--70%

Reasons
Bowser Land Chance--Looks pretty new, so relevance points.
-Would attract a lot of players, I think.
Bowser Land Want--While I pretty much only play on Final Destination, it looks like this map would be neat. I'd use the Final Destination version of it, if it comes.
-Pretty Colors
Congratulations. You are the first person I have ever seen that has used the too big argument with King K. Rool.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
My primary concern is that K. Rool would overrepresent DKC2, as none of his other identities have as much potential as the Kaptain. And if they decide to make K. Rool carry it around at all times instead of pulling it out of hammerspace whenever he needs it, would the blunderbuss mesh well with his crown and cape?
The general conseus is that it'd fit best as a single special attack, K. Rool has plenty of stuff to do with the rest of his moveset after that, like his iconic crown toss and the hoverpack. There's also the boxing gloves from DK64.

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
Congratulations. You are the first person I have ever seen that has used the too big argument with King K. Rool.
Is that good?

I've only played DK 64, so maybe I shouldn't judge, but he was huge in that game. Similar to this size.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom