• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andimidna

Smash Master

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Ayumi Tachibana:

Chance: 2%
Not at all likely. Takamaru, Lip, Muddy Mole, and Mach Rider are the frontrunners for the retro spot, and there's still the more more unlikely (but possible) choices like Prince Sable to deal with...I can't see why she'd be added before them.

Want: 10%
The music is amazing, but I don't care all that much.

Dr. Lobe:

Chance: 3%
Unlikely for reasons that have already been stated.

Want: Abstain
I do not care.

Predictions:
Mallo: 4.75%
X Protagonist: 4.13% (Is this assuming the protagonist is not Shulk for the sake of rating, @ Groose Groose ?)

Nominations: Non-Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man x5

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
X Protagonist: 4.13% (Is this assuming the protagonist is not Shulk for the sake of rating, @ Groose Groose ?)
Yes. This please.
If we don't rate it that way we'll be essentially rating the chances of 2 concepts in 1
Chance of new protagonist/ Shulk, and chance of _____ in Smash.
Which is technically how the likelihood of the concept would be found, but just imagine how mixed the ratings will be...
"80% I think Shulk will be the X protagonist"
"0.1% Not before Shulk"
"50% Depends on if it's Shulk"

Since the concept pretty much revolves around Shulk, the only Xenoblade character that makes sense, this should be established before the rating starts.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
Ayumi:
Chance: 5%. There'll probably be a retro character. And it is probably going to be Takamaru. But it's not like she has no chances. She's still well remembered. You know, the fact that some users refuse to do some research about her before giving numbers is disgusting. How many of you knew about Ness before SSB64, the Ice Climbers before SSBM or Pit before SSBB? Yeah, you are grown-ups now, but that doesn't mean you know everything there's to know about Nintendo characters. Heck, some users didn't even know who Greninja was before his reveal trailer.

Want: 80%. I really want her. She would be fun, unique, and grow a fanbase quickly. I can see her becoming the next Captain Falcon, meme-wise.

I nominate Takamaru again, since Mysterious Murasame Castle is getting an European release and I believe that boosts his chances.

(I've never posted in this thread before, so sorry if I did anything wrong.)

D

Deleted member

I'm not Groose, but when I think of the X protagonist, I think of that character walking in the beginning of the first trailer who wields a sword and goes in that special red mech.
I'm thinking that the X protagonist isn't Shulk.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
No time for arguments, so:

0% On both wants and chances. Had to research both of these before I even knew what and who they were. No desire, don't think they have a chance.

x5 Double Trouble

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Dr. Lobe - 0.5%
probably the same lengths as Kawashima (though its been awhile, so my scores for him last time don't equal now)
from an similar series, and probably a similar case, he's almost doomed
want - 0%
no
Aymi - 0.1%
uh. . . well she's from an obscure text based japan only game, she also has nothing really special, she practically has nothing,
the only reason she doesn't get an zero is because she had an trophy, and that's almost nothing
want - 0%
no
Mallo - 4.54%
the best e shop rep became an assist trophy, while that doesn't change any effect on e shop reps, it does make people pessimistic
X protagonist - 7.95%
I don't know
nominations:
Pirate ship (the legend of Zelda)X5

Groose

Smash Champion
Want: 60%
I thought you'd be the one who gave him the highest want score. Looks like I was wrong. Don't ever be afraid to give whatever want scores you want!
I'm thinking that the X protagonist isn't Shulk.
I don't think we have any definitive idea on who the protagonist will be; I'll personally rate the concept as if it is, "the protagonist of X, assuming that the protagonist of X is not Shulk." Personally, I think I'll advise people to consider the two different characters for the sake of the rating--the concept isn't "is the X protagonist Shulk."

Ayumi Tachibana: 0.1%

I tried, but I can find no real reason why she'd appear. She has a trophy in Melee, so she is referenced... but that doesn't help much because the description is riddled with mistakes and inaccurate statements. Her franchise is tiny and is one that will likely never see the light of day again; from what I've found, it's pretty obscure even in Japan. I can see pretty much no reason that Sakurai would choose her, but being a central character in a Retro franchise means I can't entirely rule her out; I'll even give her more than my usual 0.01% because of the trophy.

Ayumi Tachibana Want: 0%
Look, if the majority of us here, on a website where we try to dig up as much of Nintendo's history as possible, had no idea who she is--can you imagine the reaction if she were chosen? I have no attachment to her other than a liking for the music of her franchise (it definitely justified my research), and I don't want to go through the whole "WHO? WHOOOO? WHO?" charade. I prefer my surprise characters to be those people know about, but just hadn't considered for Smash.

Dr. Lobe: 5%

If Wii Fit Trainer taught me anything, it's this--never ignore "casual" series with high sales. Dr. Lobe's series has sold over ten million copies in less than a decade. That stands as more sales than F-Zero and Golden Sun combined. Whew.

There are a few problems with Lobe, though. First, I'm fairly confident that we won't be getting another character from a "casual" series this go round--Sakurai does like to please the fans, and a great number would react really poorly to a pick like this--just look at your want scores! Additionally, Big Brain Academy as a series is a lot smaller and has a lot less cultural impact than Brain Age. While Lobe would be far easier to put in the game, Kawashima is the bigger fish in the pond here. Those two are competitors, and you can't tell me otherwise.
Overall, I'm taking note of him, but I'm pretty much dismissing him.

Dr. Lobe Want: 90%
...I like the idea of some sort of brain training guy. That may come as a surprise--I have a reputation as on of the curmudgeons who isn't a big fan of the Wii Fit Trainer, after all--but it's just a matter of preference to me. Lobe suffers mainly because I prefer Brain Age over Big Brain Academy, and I think Kawashima would be an even more interesting fighter. You hear that @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 ? You're not the only Kawashima supporter out there! Of course, I certainly don't share your optimism for his chances.

Spectator Mode x5
...being me has its advantages. I can tell for a fact that Double Trouble is up, so it's about time I pitch my nominations towards this.

DAY OVER

YOUR BRAIN AGE IS... OWAIT WRONG SERIES

Groose

Smash Champion
Dr. Lobe
3.43% chance
12.39% want

I can't think of anything to say here. Instead of commentary, I'll give you guys a gif!

Ayumi Tachibana
1.95% chance
18.04% want

Ayumi failed to manage an impressive chance score. Her want score was also pretty lackluster; however, she did manage to prove a desirable alternative when compared to Dr. Lobe. Looks like she failed to solve the mystery of how to do well in RTC! I've used that joke on someone else before. Who was it? Arggh.

Today we're discussing two things that need some explanation. First of all is Mallo, the protagonist from Pushmo. Just a few hours ago, a game in the Pushmo series was confirmed to be releasing soon on the Wii U eShop. Could this mean that Mallo is on the horizon for Smash? Also, we're discussing the protagonist from Monolith's upcoming title X. Now, we don't know if the main character will be Shulk, but the latest teaser trailer seems to indicate that it is not. Please rate this concept as if the character definitely isn't Shulk. With that said, please rate "X Protagonist" and Mallo in chance and want. Tomorrow we're going to have both Ridley and K. Rool--but we'll be discussing the pair of them getting in together. Additionally, we'll be discussing Bowser Land from SM3DW. Please predict Double Trouble: Ridley/K. Rool and Bowser Land.

By the way, @Brawler610: I know you rate before me. I also know you'll give the X protagonist a bad score and talk up Shulk. I just want you to know one thing--I get dibs on the "the future does not belong to you" pun. If you try to take it, the Monado will stop you--and then you will know the shame of all that you have done!

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
The extra nomination post has been updated. I kept the last set at the top due to my late updating this morning.

andimidna

Smash Master
First, I have to give some love to the Xenoblade protagonist that will actually make it:
Shulk:
Chance: 79-84%
Want: 95-99%

Ok, now on to today's ratings:

X Protagonist:
Chance: 0.3%
He has no reason to get in over Shulk.
Sakurai isn't going to add Shulk just because he wants to add any random Xenoblade character.
Shulk wins, because Shulk is requested.
Being one of the top ten most requested characters is far more significant than being a couple years more recent.
And that's all it is- a couple of years. Xenoblade Chronicles released in 2010-2012 depending on where you are.
And X will be out in... 2014-2015?
We're already going into E3 and we haven't even fully seen the guy. We don't know his name. Nothing. That's why he's not requested and won't get in over Shulk.
If he does something that's amazing and perfect for Smash, hand it over to Shulk. He can use it just as well.

Want: 30%
I don't hate him because I literally can't. I don't know yet. Once I see the character do... anything, I'll see if I like him or not.
His back looks kind of cool though, I think he might have a pretty good design.
Oh wait, we have mirrored characters now... backs don't matter :laugh:

Mallo:
Chance: 10.1%
I think we should consider him. If Nintendo is marketing him with a new game, it could mean something. But for now, just slightly above 10.
Dillon's deconfirmation was also a large help for him, because even though Mallo's games sold better and got better reviews-- Dillon was always more popular and requested. I still think Dillon was in a better spot than Mallo is in now, but that was arguably his biggest competition for what he would represent, now gone. So I am definitely considering him.

Want: 55.5%
He's Ok. Slightly above neutral.

Pre:
Ridley and Rool: 37.5%
Bowser Land: 11%

Noms: (I won for Ayumi!)
x7 Medusa
x3 Bayonetta

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
X Protagonist
Chance: 1% - Shulk exists for this series and I believe was rumored to be featured in X anyway.
Want: 0%: It's hard to want a character that doesn't exist.

Mallo
Chance: 45% - I think Pushmo world might have just 'pushed' mallo over the edge on chance to make it in. Smash doesn't have a sumo wrestler, he'd fit the puzzle genre instead of Lip, he fits the e-shop instead of Dillon, and his series is successful.
Want: 85% - Sumo Smash Brothers. That's why.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
Mallo
-Chance 10% - a puzzle game popular in Japan not that known elsewhere and coming from the e-shop. Not too much of a shot.
-Want 20% - he's cute and original (a sumo wrestler cat go figure). His moveset would surely involve blocks but since the only thing he can do with them is push and pull them I'm not sure how far can they work with it without looking too forced.

X protagonist
-Chance 20% - it's certainly possible they could do another Roy, though this will be on a whole different level. This is a new IP we're talking about.
-Want 40% - sure why not I want to be surprised, though novelty doesn't automatically translates to likability.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Mallo
Chance: 5%
Want: 30%

With that new eshop game coming out, it is certainly possible, however with it being so late within the Smash dev cycle, I dont see it having an impact. I could see it as a stage or AT at best, but I just dont see it happening. Also, not interested.

X Protagonist
Chance: 0.1%
Want: 10%

Assuming that this character is different from Shulk (I mean thats what were rating) then I am not interested, provided Shulk is in, which I would suspect is the case. Thats where my want comes from. Simply put, Shulk is the more obvious and better choice. The only chance this character has is if Sakurai decides to do another Roy situation, but beyond that, I dont see it happening.

Double Trouble: 65.5% (Is this suggesting that theyre revealed together? Or they both show up in general?)
Bowser Land: 13.4%

7 Pokemanz x10

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Mallo Likelihood: 4%
Want: 55%

X Protag Likelihood: 1.5%
Want: 45%

Ridley/K.Rool: 28.45%
Bowser Land: 18.45%

Rhythm Rerate x5

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
X Protagonist: 5% Too late.
Want: 0% I don't want Shulk, so I sure as heck don't want a character from that same series when I don't even know what (s)he looks like.

Mallo: 1%
Want: 100%

Ridley K. Rool: 18.92%
Bowser Land: 17.92%

x5 Competitively overpowered character

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
X Protag: 1% - For sure if Xenoblade gets a character, it's Shulk.
Want: Abstain since he doesn't exist yet.

Mallo: 10% - I thought if Eshop was gonna get a character it had to be Dillion, but the new game gives him a fighting chance.
Want: 30% - I have no connection. But -10% for being a puzzle character not named Lip.

Double Trouble: 64%
Bowser Land: 15%

x 4 Mr. Dream
x 1 Charlie
x 5 IdolM@ster Character as Namco Rep - Via Extra Nominations

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mallo and X Protagonist have been added to the Directory.

Mallo
Chance:
5%

The eShop character with the best chance of being playable was Dillon... now that he's disconfirmed, this doesn't leave a large window of opportunity for other eShop characters to be playable. Dillon's demise is important as he was a pretty popularly requested character; no eShop character had the demand that he did.
Still, Mallo does have the grace of another sequel coming out. This shows that the Pushmo series has a future with Nintendo. I sense that someone on the development team will push for Mallo's inclusion to be something other than a Trophy. The way I see it, his best chances are being an Assist Trophy and it's the best that he could hope for in terms of Smash.
Mallo may become a legitimate contender in the next game. It just depends on how popular and confident Nintendo is with the IP and if Sakurai thinks it's deserving of a playable character.
Want: 25%
Sparks some interest, but I'm not too into his playable inclusion.

"X Protagonist"
Chance:
15%

The future... doesn't-
Wait... I can't make that joke. -_-
Fine. His chances are pretty weak, but don't you drop your guards! It's not really his time, you know? Though... he should stay calm... stay focused. But he mustn't be careless.
Now that I've made more Xenoblade references than intended...
There are many issues that go against the X protagonist. First off, he doesn't have a name! We know Shulk's name, but we don't know his. He doesn't really have an established identity to really speak of. Second, he has no demand... though, that's to be expected.
I think it's rather obvious why his chances are so weak; it's because of the Monado Boy. If Monolith Soft were to get represented, Shulk is by far the best bet here; worldwide demand, his series is gaining recognition, he has tons of uniqueness, etc.
Now, why are his chances so high? The thing is, the X protagonist can't compete against Shulk; Shulk will win the battle against him. With this being said, this is a perfect opportunity for Monolith Soft. They can put in Shulk, a highly requested character, to give Xenoblade, and the Xeno series in general, more recognition. However, they could use Smash to promote X and put in the protagonist. This is something that I like to call the "Roy Rule." The protagonist won't beat out Shulk, but he can get in alongside him to promote X; this was done in Melee where the more requested Marth got in alongside Roy, who debuted in Melee before his Fire Emblem game.
It's just unknown how Monolith Soft will handle Smash. They could be like Intelligent Systems and Pokemon...
I don't have a Vision right now to say if they will handle character slots like them for the X and Xeno series, but I can guarantee that if we get a Monolith rep, it's going to be Shulk. The X protagonist might get in to promote X just like Roy did to promote his own game.

By the way, @Brawler610: I know you rate before me. I also know you'll give the X protagonist a bad score and talk up Shulk. I just want you to know one thing--I get dibs on the "the future does not belong to you" pun. If you try to take it, the Monado will stop you--and then you will know the shame of all that you have done!
I was tempted to say that, but I resisted the urge to. Though, 15% chance is a decent score?

Want: 25%
Don't accuse me of bias for my chance score.
I didn't give the protagonist a high chance score because I really like Monolith Soft, Xenoblade, Shulk, or whatever. I just thought of many possibilities of how Monolith could handle Smash and Shulk + X protagonist is a somewhat likely situation in my eyes.
With that being said, I had to average my want score.
If he got in with Shulk: 50%
I think that the X protagonist would be pretty cool to see in Smash and it would be a great way to introduce me to the character before I buy X on it's first day of release. Seeing the trailers and gameplay thus far, he could work really well! However, I rather have other characters get in first... preferably other characters that I support and have personal connections to. Though, I see myself supporting him in the next Smash game.
If he got in over Shulk: 0%
However, I would be furious if he got in over Shulk. Shulk just makes complete sense to put in and not putting him in would be just as big of a crime as cutting Mewtwo in Brawl. Also, Shulk is one of my favorite video game characters of all time; he's my 5th favorite video game character (he's behind my favorite character Luigi, then Pit, then Bomberman, and then Kirby). If this character, whose name I don't even know yet, got in over Shulk, I would be disappointed.

Double Trouble - King K. Rool and Ridley Prediction: 50.00%
I sense doubters and some biased people... I see an almost even 50% be the end result. I'm curious about the want score, however.
Bowser Land Prediction: 27.34%
I'm not so sure. I'll be surprised if this got a higher chance than the Super Mario 3D World Stage concept.

Nominations: Dr. Eggman 5x

D

Deleted member

X Protagonist

Chance: 20%

None of us even know his name yet, but we will as more is revealed about it. However, does Sakurai even know his name? Is this Roy time all over again, or am I just another joker of the bunch?

Want: 70%

I don't want him as much as Shulk, but the future my rating might change when more info on X is revealed.

Mallo

Chance: 5%

At most, he'll get Dillon's treatment since both characters starred in eShop games.

Want: 50%

I'm indifferent.

Predictions

King K. Rool + Ridley: 40-60%
Bowser Land Stage: 20%

That didn't take long.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Mallo
Chance - 5%
Now now people, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Yes, we just got news of Pushmo World, but context is still important:
1. A moveset for this character is nowhere near intuitive, and the series, while popular, is not at WFT/Villager levels of huge to merit the effort.
2. Dillon was also an up and coming eShop character and he is now an AT.
3. A character that changes platforms around by pushing them back and forth ... he screams of stage potential for the 3DS more than playable character potential.
4. Competition. A lot of you guys are happy to rate all these characters with sizable percentages, but remember we are closer to the part of pre-Smash where the number of roster spots are decreasing. Ike came back highlighting some characters might not actually get cut, and the gematsu leak, if true, implies at least six other newcomers we can expect. When you add up popular/likely ones like our top ten ... do you guys seriously think something like Mallo stands a reasonable chance agains those characters? Sure, there is a chance, but nowhere near as competitive a chance as others, and hence why I settle with 5%, and I think that's being nice.

Want - 0%
Like I said, the mechanics of pushmo and the whole idea behind the game would be best represented by a stage. That's what I would rather see--Pushmo Park as a stage. I would give that idea 100%.
But a playable Mallo? Waste of a spot at a time when there's other many exciting roster possibilities.

X-man
Chance - 0%
I never understood why we had people clamoring for Wonder Red. Not only is he extremely recent, but there's no reason to include him given that there's literally no way to know, from a developer's perspective, that anyone would give any care to these characters from the Wonderful 101.
This guy from X is an even more X-treme (hehe) case of this. You have people assuming it could happen because promotion! And it's new! And people want it! BUT ... why would anyone want this random character NO ONE KNOWS get announced to the competitive roster of a NIntendo All-Stars game? Makes no sense to me. And then you consider the fact Shulk would make a million times more sense, and by then you lost my attention.

Want - 0%
No. If you're going to add a new character that no one knows about yet, at least make sure we already know her/his name

Predicitons
HA, I have no clue what to predict this time
Double Trouble - 47%
Bowser Land - 21.4%

Nominations
x5 Smash Tv/Spectator Mode

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
If the X Protagonist is from The game made by Monolith Soft then:

X Protagonist:

Chance: 95%
Edit: 0.5% (has a harder time because of Shulk)

He is created by the company Monolith Soft who has been a first party developer for Nintendo since 2008. Plus he is promoting a new series for the Wii U game, so his chances are pretty high.

Edit: The % is only this high if Shulk does not get in the game.

Want: 76%

He would play originally I would say and his design is cool, but if I had to choose him over Shulk? Then no. Only if Shulk doesn't get in would I pick X Protagonist.

Mallo:

Chance:
45%

His chances are determined whether or not Nintendo owns the full right to him. If Nintendo owns the rights, then his chances go up to 85%, since he would also be promoting a possible remake for Nintendo 3DS (If that was stated by Iwata or someone else in the Nintendo HQ).

I am sort of in between because I don't know this character all that well. Nothing more, nothing less.

Edit: I now know that Mallo is owned by Nintendo and is in a game called Pushmo....boy do I feel wrong for saying what I did earlier in this post.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Kinda coincidental to see Mallo up for rating the exact same day as a new game got announced for him.

Anyway, guess I'll rate him.

Mallo

Chances 35%
Though his chances aren't overly great, he's more or less the next best thing after Dillon, his games have been far more successful and popular and though he may not have been as requested as Dillon, with the likes of Rosalina and Greninja in the picture, Mallo may still be able to make it simply by being an overall popular character. With three games under his belt now, it does show that Nintendo/Intelligent Systems is not forgetting about the little guy and that they are taking him seriously enough to use him in the future.

If anything, he's at least very likely to show up as more than just a mere trophy.

Want 100%
Well I have made a support thread for the little guy so I should give him my full support. As a little puzzle solving sumo wrestler, Mallo does have moveset potential and even a fitting final smash. I really like the little guy and would absolutely love to see him join the roster as a playable character! :)

X Protagonist.
Chance 9%
Not really seeing him making it in, assuming he isn't Shulk.

Want 0%
Not really interested in him.

Double trouble 35%
Bowser Land 25%

Nominations
Isaac x5

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Wow, we are about to rate Mallo and now a new Pushmo is announced. We should rank characters from more series that should get sequels.
Why do you think I've nominated Slime up three times?

X Protagonist: 1%
Shulk is in the new game, even if he isn't the primary protagonist, so why would they pick the guy who's not got the popularity. I think this new guy has the same problem Felix has from Golden Sun; the blonde haired original has higher priority...

Honestly I want Xeno representation in Music and a stage more than I care which character gets in, but I would prefer Shulk.

Mallo: 8%
So I was going to give him 4%, but he did just beat Dillon in game number so I guess he deserves that doubled... I still think that realistically he's AT material, or maybe stage hazard?

Want: 60%
I would love to see a Sumo character, and I could imagine him having a move where he creates platforms (possibly as his recovery method, which would certainly be unique). But on the Flipside I think there's too much competition that deserves it more than him... He would be a nice surprise, but one that's not the easiest to justify...

Double Trouble: 28.4%
Pure maths says it should work out as 22.5% odd, but I think we've become more optimistic for Ridley since the last rating, and people don't understand probability multiplications.

Bowser Land: 54%
I see this being really popular, and even I think it just has that Sakurai factor.

Double Cherry*10
(It looks like thanks to NFC figures my nominations ate one of these)

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Mallo - 15%
Want - 20% great series, and I would enjoy to see a puzzle-based moveset, but as with many characters lately, too many characters I'd rather see.

X-protag (in just a couple weeks, he will surely have a name and we could very well be rerating him). - 12% he consumes the majority of the chance that Shulk isn't playable - which isn't high. Xenoblade Chronicles, I would assume has the priority with the crazy fan demand and popularity, but this upcoming game has so much going for it - confirmed localization and incredible production values being put into it.

Want - Abstain, as I want Shulk but assume this guy would cover that niche effectively as well. This game will be immediately preordered by me when it can be, I'm just not attached to the character yet.

predict - Double Trouble - 42%
Bowser Land - 50%

nominate Birdo x5

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
X Protagonist
Chance: 10% we don't even know who it is yet and his game isn't out yet unless we get another toy situation.
Want: 0% Don't know anything about the character

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Mallo:
Chance: 15%
It COULD happen, but don't get your hopes up.
Want: 2%
No way should this guy get in before Dillon.

Abstaining on X guy.
Predictions:
Double trouble: 45%
Bowser land: 42%
Non ghostly adventures pac-man x5

Groose

Smash Champion
X Protagonist:

Mallo:
Chance:
85%
It's pretty uncharacteristic of me to do this, but I'm afraid I must ask--are you sure of these scores? Scores over 50% indicate that you think they're playable, and scores as high as 95% say that it's pretty hard to imagine them not playable. I'm just making sure you're aware of that before I add in your scores.

Oh misunderstood what Double Trouble meant. Someone on gamefaqs suggested they be a duo character, so I thought some people were crazy to nominate it. Fixed my score.
That would be incredible, but you're right--I would be crazy to nominate that.

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Mallo's chances: 5% - With Dillon gone he's the most likely pick for an eShop rep and the new game reinforces this; still, I've always doubted that we'd get an eShop character. I think he'll get the exact same treatment that Dillon received: an assist trophy.
Want: 50% - Indifferent.

X Protagonist: 0.5% - I don't see why this would get in over or even with Shulk, but I believe Roy got in before his game actually released, so I can't completely rule it.
Want: 0% - I don't want a character that we still don't know anything about this late.

Double Trouble prediction: 31.28%
Bowser Land prediction: 42.39%

Peppy Hare x10

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Mallo Chance: 8.5% With him getting a console it is something, but not enough to be playable status, I don't he has reached his merits yet.
Mallo Want: 50% If they can pull out something unique about him, I'll accept him as a playable character.

X Chance: 5% It's too late, maybe next time I guess. >.>
X Want: I need to know his special, unique abilities first.

Nominations:
x5 Two Retro Newcomers

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Mallo:

Chance: 3%
I don't see it happening, but he might be a candidate for the next smash if his series keeps on going.

Indifferent.

X Protagonist:

Chance: 2%
Shulk or bust.

Want: 0%
Shulk or bust.

Predictions:
Double Trouble: 35.45%
Bowser Land: 13.34%

Nominations: Non-Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man x5

D

Deleted member

Is Bowser Land just a Bowser Castle? Or is it the amusement park from Super Mario 3D World?
Bowser Land is the happiest place on Earth amusement park from Super Mario 3D World.

If the X Protagonist is from The game made by Monolith Soft then:

X Protagonist:

He is created by the company Monolith Soft who has been a first party developer for Nintendo since 2008. Plus he is promoting a new series for the Wii U game, so his chances are pretty high.

Want: 76%

He would play originally I would say and his design is cool, but if I had to choose him over Shulk? Then no. Only if Shulk doesn't get in would I pick X Protagonist.
Umm... are you sure with these scores? It's like saying that no matter what his cons are, he's going to be playable in Smash. (in other words, a shoo-in)

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Mallo - 10%
He's extremely relevant, would represent the eShop nicely, and generally would make for a very unique character. The big reason why I leave him so low is that he is still very new and simply has tons of competition from more popular, established Nintendo stars than him. It's a lot easier to see him being included as an assist trophy than as a playable newcomer, but unlike most characters we rate these days, he's got some realistic chance to surprise everyone.
Want - 50% - I don't care for him as I've never actually played Pushmo, but I wouldn't be opposed to his inclusion either.

X Protagonist - 10%
This one is very difficult to call, to the degree I was tempted to abstain from rating. Knowing that Nintendo has been hyping up X for quite a while and that there is lots of fan demand for the game as a result, it seems sensible that the protagonist of the game would be playable...except we still don't know much of anything about the guy. The only thing anyone is reasonably certain of is that he's not Shulk, although even that could prove wrong given how little we have to work with. This naturally leads everyone to think that Shulk is way more likely for Smash simply because he's actually known and fan requested, but it's difficult to say for sure given Sakurai could easily have inside information, we're almost certain to get more information on X at E3 (AKA the next time we'll see any Smash newcomers), and Nintendo may well be more interested in promoting X with its protagonist than with whatever role Shulk might have in the game. I'm going to keep my score fairly conservative, but I think it would be foolish to say his chances are minimal when X is being set up as a major Nintendo release, which would make that game's protagonist the character most worth showing off, not Shulk.
Want - 25% - Same boat as Shulk: I'm sure I'd like him as a Smash character, but I can't shake the idea that a Xenoblade rep would ensure Isaac doesn't make the roster, and that's a heartbreaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom