• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Mewtwo

Chance - 50%

i've been reading the speculation (in that thread made by 8-bit Man) on whether we'll get 47 or 51 characters in this new smash. the whole thing is based on how many character spots can be made to fit the character select screen (like a perfect rectangle like in Brawl). After looking through all the possible ways the roster could be organized. There is an instance where Mewtwo or Jiggs are likely to get cut if 47 is the final number of characters (although Mewtwo was already cut in brawl). So right now, i'll say he has a 50/50 chance. Anything can happen.

Want - 70%

not really a fan of his but i like him alot better than Lucario.

Jigglypuff

Chance - 55%

i'd give her a slight edge over Mewtwo as Sakurai chose to finish Jiggs for brawl instead of him. and she in every game in the series.

I believe how "unimportant" Jiggs is to the Pokemon series now doesn't mean much to Sakurai. I mean, Sakurai didn't even choose Geninja based on his popularity. All he had to go by were it's look and design and he pretty much made up his moves. I have a feeling if she were to come back, it'd be because of her unique gameplay.

Want - 100%

shes my main and fav smash character! newcomers have never mattered to me in the slightest. As long as Jiggs is in the game, nothing else matters. That air playstyle of hers is fun. Her recovery is really good too.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Mewtwo:

Chance: 50% - 6 Pokémon reps or he isn't in.

Want: 20% - Eh, I don't really care about him myself, I think he's a terrible character in Smash, and I don't like his modern small-head look either. Regardless I'd like to see him as a 6th Pokémon rep if only to please the people who lost their unique main from Melee.

Jigglypuff:

Chance: 95% - Not as certain as guys like Meta Knight or Wario, but still incredibly likely to return.

Want: 100% - One of my mains, unique playstyle, part of the original cast, a Smash icon on her own, there's so much to Jigglypuff. There's also something I think a lot of people don't bring up with Jigglypuff, and that's the fact that she helps vary the Pokémon cast. If Jigglypuff is cut in favor of Mewtwo we'll have 1 cute Pokémon (Pikachu) and 4 badass ones (Charizard, Lucario, Greninja and Mewtwo.) No one can deny that there are at least as many, if not many more cutesy Pokémon than straight up badass ones, and many people actually prefer the cutesy ones, so it'd be a shame to only have big badasses on the roster with the exception of Pikachu, Jigglypuff helps that representation a ton.

That and the world will never be the same without Rest in the game. Thanks to customization we might just see the return of the Melee Rest.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Jigglypuff: 85% Chance / 2% Want
Definitely not a lock if Gematsu is true as it shows that veteran status doesn't make you bulletproof like we think, but still pretty solid.

Mewtwo: 75% Chance / 100% Want
I really think that if we get any non-Brawl veteran, it's this guy. Gematsu would've leaked anymore newcomers if the guy knew about them. Just comes down to if 47 slots has room for it and specifically does Mii get a CSS slot despite not being available online.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Jigglypuff
Chance: 99% Basically Japans Capt. Falcon
Want: 100% Original 12 should not be cut and I love her role in the anime

Mewtwo
Chance: 7% I see no reason to bring back someone he already cut and I have my own theory about the roster and Mewtwo doesn't fit.
Want: 0% If Mewtwo comes back, Greninja has a strong chance of not returning in the next Smash because of everyones administration of Gen 1, Mewtwo doesn't return, We go back up to 6 pokemon.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
@TeenGirlSquad am I supposed to read all your posts in Strongbad's girly voice?

Mewtwo

There have been some mentions of him by Sakurai, and potentially some teasing (Greninja always had his tongue scarf in that trailer, so while the hands are wrong, it's clearly not Mewtwo... I thought it was him too, but only because I was expecting him).

Still, if the Gematsu leak is true, there's not a lot of room left on the roster. I'd love it if we got an epic villains trailer in August, with Ganondorf (revamped, of course), Mewtwo and Ridley (I want K Rool too, but he might be too goofy for this), but I think beyond Gematsu + Rosalina, there's only room for about 4 more slots, so that would pretty much cover it. More veteran cuts would make room, of course...

Anyway, it could go either way at this point. But he's one of the more likely choices.

Mewtwo chances: 70%

Mewtwo want: 48%
He was pretty awful in Melee. He'd have to be significantly revamped to get me interested. If he did get in, I would expect that to happen anyway. Pretty indifferent to him otherwise.

Jigglypuff

She's Original 12, she's easy to make (altho a little fairy-type revamping could be in order...), she beat Mewtwo out for a spot in Brawl, etc.

Jigglypuff chances: 90%

Jigglypuff want: 95%
I liked her in 64 and Melee. I like her better than Mewtwo. She's the only Pokemon I care about getting in at this point, really. (I'd be pretty cool with Ivysaur too, I guess.)

Predictions:
Takamaru - 32.4%
Expecting this to fall to a more reasonable level due to: no hints, Gematsu, multiple shuriken specials, roster getting filled up, etc.
Isaac - 32.4%
I dunno, just gonna guess the same. Fewer slots left, but nothing really hurting him aside from there just being less room.

If O12 really mattered as much as you say, there wouldn't be a debate over who to cut. That's the whole point.
That's one thing - to say Jiggs could get cut. It's quite another to conclude that Mewtwo is more likely than her despite her O12 status.

They had this "battle" before, and we know who won that time.

Last edited:

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo:

Chance: 75%
A lot of people here have already stated as to why he's got so much in his favour that I don't really need to cover it. I would like to raise one thing that I find interesting and possibly hurts his chances. Have a look at Mewtwo's mega evolutions compared to his normal form.

Now have a look at the mega for Lucario

Lucario's and Mega Lucario's build are very similar that it's easy to transfer normal Lucario's moveset to the other. Neither of Mewtwo's megas have similar builds like Lucario or Charizard and considering their final Smashes are transformation ones which basically buff them into better fighters with the same moveset it does leave the question: how could they do the same thing with either of Mewtwo's megas. Granted, it doesn't necessarily have to simply buff Mewtwo and could work like Greninja's where he captures an opponent but it does leave the question of how they'd be able to incorporate Mega Mewtwo (presumably Y) into his moveset.

Mewtwo's Chances: 95%

I've said it before, and I will say it again: No character even comes CLOSE to having the credentials that Mewtwo has for being in Smash Bros. Want a list?

1. One of the most popular Pokemon of all time, in all the polls I've seen ranking the greatest Pokemon, he either tops the charts or is in the top 5.
2. Most popular request to get into this game. By far. Globally. There is no other character that would make the Smash community more hyped to have in the game then Mewtwo coming back, I feel completely confident in saying this.
3. Veteran character is a veteran. If he's not in the initial build he will definitely come back as DLC, people want him in this game! (Which is the only reason there is 5% missing from the initial score: They might advertise DLC with him)
4. Unique moveset. If you think Lucario's a clone of him, you either don't know what a clone is or haven't played Melee. -_-
5. Legendary Pokemon: One of the most iconic parts of Pokemon is catching the ultimate Pokemon in that game. And Mewtwo is the best of the best when it comes to legendaries. I have the same thought cycle when it comes to Sceptile and the starter triangle, only Mewtwo has a ton more going for him.
6. TWO Mega Evolutions. One of two Pokemon who was so iconic and important that they gave him two Mega Evolutions! They used those to advertise the games, the deciding factor for which game I was going to get was the X and Y forms of Mewtwo and Charizard, and I know I was far from the only one. And speaking of his Mega's advertsing the games:
7. Mega Evolution posterboy! While Lucario was the main focus in the games, Mewtwo was the focus everywhere else. He was the Pokemon they advertised the Mega Evolution concept, they gave him a whole movie because of this role, and both Megas are appearing in the next one. He is one of the most imporant Pokemon in the anime right now, something Sakurai went out of his way to say that was one of the things they looked at for Pokemon characters.
8. Villain... Anti Hero? Person of questionable actions? Whatever. He brings a breath of refreshing malicious air to a roster compromised entirely of good and righteous people. I mean, all we've got at this point are Bowser and Dedede and the eternal glutton known as Kirby. Smash needs more villains!
9. 6 Pokemon reps a problem? Because having 6 in Brawl when we had less characters was a travesty?
10. The Ridley Theorem Teasing. Wait, what? Teasing you say? Yes. I don't know how people keep forgetting this, but Sakurai went out of his way to tell people that he was considering including Mewtwo in the next Smash Bros games. He didn't have to do that. He could have kept his mouth shut, let the Pokemon representatives sweep aside the question, and move on. But no, he told everyone that the most requested character was being considered for Smash Bros. And there is more!

Remember the Greninja trailer? How everybody thought it was Mewtwo? Well:

Smeargle confirmed!

But seriously, that trailer was designed to make you think it was Mewtwo initially. There was no reason for that, lots of people reacted poorly because they thought it was Mewtwo and got dissapointed. This was an incredibly stupid move... unless it was setting people up for an even better reveal in the future.

Whew! Pretty sure I'm forgetting a few things, but I will edit those in as I remember.
Wow! Excellent analysis on Mewtwo.

Want: 80%
I never got the chance to paly as Mewtwo in Melee but he does look cool.

Jigglypuff:

She's had perfect attendance from all Smash games. That alone should be enough to give her a very good chance. However, if you do believe in the gematsu leak you should know that Ness, an perfect attendance character as well, is considered being cut. Her popularity is waning as well.

Want: 10%
I really don't like Jigglypuff. I wouldn't just like it if she was cut, I'd celebrate it! Now, I haven't played Melee and apparently she's very good in it but in Brawl I just can't play as her. I'm terrible at playing her. And, I don't want to sound like a hypocrite because my last post was replying to someone who rated Dixie by comparing her to K Rool which I don't think is a fair rate but it annoys me that Jigglypuff was chosen for the simple reason that Sakurai thought she'd be a good joke character when there are so many other potential representatives from Pokemon.

Speaking of jokes.
Since I've already used the "we dreamed of rating the world's most powerful Pokemon" joke about three times now, I decided to come up with a new joke instead this time. Unfortunately, I was only able to make clones of that last joke, so it looks like I'll have to go without one.
*slow clap*

I'm not going to do predictions today.

Attachments

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Mewtwo:

Chance:

I've said it before, and I will say it again: No character even comes CLOSE to having the credentials that Mewtwo has for being in Smash Bros. Want a list?

1. One of the most popular Pokemon of all time, in all the polls I've seen ranking the greatest Pokemon, he either tops the charts or is in the top 5.
2. Most popular request to get into this game. By far. Globally. There is no other character that would make the Smash community more hyped to have in the game then Mewtwo coming back, I feel completely confident in saying this.
3. Veteran character is a veteran. If he's not in the initial build he will definitely come back as DLC, people want him in this game! (Which is the only reason there is 5% missing from the initial score: They might advertise DLC with him)
4. Unique moveset. If you think Lucario's a clone of him, you either don't know what a clone is or haven't played Melee. -_-
5. Legendary Pokemon: One of the most iconic parts of Pokemon is catching the ultimate Pokemon in that game. And Mewtwo is the best of the best when it comes to legendaries. I have the same thought cycle when it comes to Sceptile and the starter triangle, only Mewtwo has a ton more going for him.
6. TWO Mega Evolutions. One of two Pokemon who was so iconic and important that they gave him two Mega Evolutions! They used those to advertise the games, the deciding factor for which game I was going to get was the X and Y forms of Mewtwo and Charizard, and I know I was far from the only one. And speaking of his Mega's advertsing the games:
7. Mega Evolution posterboy! While Lucario was the main focus in the games, Mewtwo was the focus everywhere else. He was the Pokemon they advertised the Mega Evolution concept, they gave him a whole movie because of this role, and both Megas are appearing in the next one. He is one of the most imporant Pokemon in the anime right now, something Sakurai went out of his way to say that was one of the things they looked at for Pokemon characters.
8. Villain... Anti Hero? Person of questionable actions? Whatever. He brings a breath of refreshing malicious air to a roster compromised entirely of good and righteous people. I mean, all we've got at this point are Bowser and Dedede and the eternal glutton known as Kirby. Smash needs more villains!
9. 6 Pokemon reps a problem? Because having 6 in Brawl when we had less characters was a travesty?
10. The Ridley Theorem Teasing. Wait, what? Teasing you say? Yes. I don't know how people keep forgetting this, but Sakurai went out of his way to tell people that he was considering including Mewtwo in the next Smash Bros games. He didn't have to do that. He could have kept his mouth shut, let the Pokemon representatives sweep aside the question, and move on. But no, he told everyone that the most requested character was being considered for Smash Bros. And there is more!

But seriously, that trailer was designed to make you think it was Mewtwo initially. There was no reason for that, lots of people reacted poorly because they thought it was Mewtwo and got dissapointed. This was an incredibly stupid move... unless it was setting people up for an even better reveal in the future.

Whew! Pretty sure I'm forgetting a few things, but I will edit those in as I remember.

I don't think I could say what I was going to say better than this guy. Just awesome.

Want: 100%.
I haven't been a fan of Mewtwo in years. But whether or not Mewtwo is playable will make or break this game for me, solely based on the fact that it is such a glaring omission and I wouldn't have much hope for a game with such a bad roster.

Jigglypuff:

Chance: 95%. She automatically gets a huge boost from being around since Smash 64. Not only that, but she has a lot of merit besides. She is one of the most recognizable Pokemon ever, and [had] a huge role in the Pokemon anime. She is also very popular, both with Pokemon fans and Smash fans. Additionally, she was retyped in Pokemon X/Y to the new Fairy type, so in that sense Jigglypuff also indirectly promotes a new Pokemon game, so she's not irrelevant like everyone says.

Want: 100%.
fc,550x550,light_pink.u1jiggs.jpg
That is all that needs to be said.

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo
Want: 100%
The only two legendary Pokemon I'd rather have (Arceus and Darkrai) have both been disconfirmed, so I'm all in for Mewtwo. My favorite part about him is that creepy, badass laugh of his. My only wish is that his moveset is revamped.

Jigglypuff
Chance: 85%, Sakurai already made it clear that 'puff is a greater priority than Mewtwo with Brawl.
Want: 99%
This is my go to joke around character. I love him and would be devastated if he left the series... that is unless he was replaced with another fairy-type Pokemon, this one being more significant in that it was practically the mascot of both Generation VI and the Fairy type. The one with a heart-melting smile, amiable personality, and ribbon-like feelers. Basically, the only reason I haven't given Jigglypuff 100% is the slim possibility that his cut would result in him being replaced with Sylveon. This is the only situation in which I would be okay with Jigglypuff being removed.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Mewtwo
Chance: 50%
Honestly could go either way. I think Nintendo's more likely to have him as DLC honestly. After all,the majority of Smash fans want Mewtwo so badly, it'd be a guarantee sell. That's the cynic in me though.

Want: 65%
Melee. Terrible, terrible memories of Mewtwo in Melee. That said, he is iconic enough and liked enough to warrant a space on the roster, and as Pokemon reps go he's one of the few inarguably with a lot of going for him.

Jigglypuff
Chance: 99.9%

3 X veteran. Easy to make. All that's going for her really. That said, it's all she needs.

Want: 5%
If I could change one thing about the Smash series it would of been to slap Jigglypuff out of the original 12, and replace her with the more deserving Meowth. Sure, she was fun in Melee, but her appeal to me is deflating with each new Smash release, and every new generation of Pokemon coming out.

Predictions:

Isaac: 62%
One of the last popular franchises wanting in to Smash.

Takamaru: 69%
Still the lead retro rep.

D

Deleted member

Remember how I used to have daytime updates during last summer? I'm hoping to bring them back. This late-night thing needs to go for me, too.
Yeah! I'm hoping for that to return as well. Updating during the day would make things easier on everyone, including yourself.

When it comes to veterans, I think that most of them weren't affected from E3 or the Gematsu leak. I still expect 6 veterans (Captain Falcon, Ness, Mr. Game & Watch, Ganondorf, Meta Knight, and Wario) with 3 others still in the wings (Ice Climbers, R.O.B., Falco). While I deem Wolf to be more likely than not, I say that he has a chance of getting cut.
I will explain this when the day comes, but I say that Snake and Lucas were affected; Snake purely because of the content of the Pac-Man trailer (and how Sakurai is presenting the ultimate battle of Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man) and Lucas was indeed affected by the Gematsu leak.
Today's veterans in question weren't affected by E3 or the Gematsu leak, so their scores remain unchanged from last time.

Mewtwo Chance: 40%
Jigglypuff Chance: 40%

Mewtwo is by far the most requested character worldwide (exceeding that of Mega Man, Palutena, King K. Rool, and Shulk) and it was at least planned to get in every Smash game.
Jigglypuff is a three time veteran and even got in over Mewtwo in Brawl.
Both of these Pokemon have their credentials, but I am still convinced that these two are competing against each other. I expect at least one of them to get in while the other doesn't make the cut.

On a side note, my roster does have six Pokemon, but I am not entirely sure that it will happen.

Mewtwo Want: 100%
I am not as excited for Mewtwo as I was before, but Mewtwo is still an important Pokemon and I would love to see it again in Smash.
Jigglypuff Want: 50%
I'm still conflicted. On one hand, I'll be upset for those who mained her in every game if she got cut. On the other hand, I rather have other characters and I wouldn't mind cutting her for another.

Isaac Prediction: 33.48%
I sense that the Monado Boy and the Gematsu leak will lower his scores.
Takamaru Prediction: 39.02%
He wasn't affected heavily, but the Gematsu leak will definitely make people lower their scores.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It's Pokémon Day, eh?

Mewtwo: 95%
I believe that the huge backlash from his cut will have some effect. And then there Sakurai's quote that they are thinking about him.

Jigglypuff: 95%
While not exactly bulletproof, Tradition seems like good enough reason to keep her around, if it helped Shiek to not be replaced by Impa when she was separated from Zelda.

Want: 100% for both
I liek poekmon.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Mewtwo

Chance - 90% - Not changing in the slightest. One of the few characters I think that is unaffected by the leak. Still majorly popular, and perhaps even teased.

Want - 98% - Just fix his garbage tier, and it'll be good.

Jigglypuff

Chance - 95% - Anyone expecting her to be cut, really?

Want - 90% - While it's one cut I wouldn't mind, I still think cuts shouldn't happen.

Prediction

Isaac - 25.65% - Already before 30%, so the Gemastu leak should bring him down even more.

Takamaru - 46.75% - About what he got last time.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Mewtwo
Want: 10%
Likelihood: 50%

Jigglypuff
Want: 20%
Likelihood: 90%

I feel Jigglypuff is more likely than Mewtwo because:

1) Sakurai chose to finish Jigglypuff instead of Mewtwo in Brawl
2) with Lucario and Greninja running around, Jigglypuff adds more diversity and variety to the Pokemon roster than Mewtwo would
3) Jigglypuff has a simple 3D model with simple animations to program compared to Mewtwo
4) if there are DLC, Sakurai would just make Mewtwo DLC to make more money for Nintendo than Jigglypuff would anyway
5) when both Jigglypuff and Mewtwo are already popular with the Smash fanbase, popularity isn't everything and we have to look at things objectively with aforementioned reasons above

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Mewtwo and Jigglypuff Chance: 50% I feel so pessemetic about Mewtwo now. With DLC on the rising thanks to the Salromano leak, either one could be DLC and the othe being on the main roster. Based on veteran status, I think the last Pokemon spot goes to Jigglypuff now, I think there will only be 5 Pokemon characters, and we are probably going to find out post-release if Mewtwo or Jigglypuff make it.

Mewtwo and Jigglypuff Want: 30% Never really cared for them, didn't really like their movesets.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand

Mewtwo:

Chance: 50%

I'm not sure, it could go either way. I wouldn't be surprised if he's in, and similarly I wouldn't be surprised if he's out. It all hinges on if Pokemon gets 6 reps, soo...*shrugs*
Want: 65%
I'm kinda...indifferent to him? I mean, back in the Melee days he used to be my favorite, and I considered him one of the best Pokemon of all time back in the day, but as I grew up, I liked him less and less. Honestly, his design is terrible and ugly, and I don't think he's badass anymore (I don't think that way for any Pokemon anymore, actually), I think he looks downright stupid. He's just rough around the edges that I just couldn't care less for him, and more importantly...

His moveset design is terrible. Boring, crap and barebones. It's not even that he's bad, because Project M did nothing to change my mind on this. I really struggle to think of any redeeming value in his design, because ot is not coherent and it feels rushed. Pretty much the only thing I like about him in Melee is his floatiness for being such a large character and basically his aerial movement as a whole. He's fun to move around in the air with, but the thing is...Jigglypuf is like that too, and way better. Once I started discovering Puff, I didn't even touch Mewtwo anymore.

But, I won't deny my nostalgia for him, and I do think he should be back. I really have no reason to want him to stay out, and while I wasn't really disappointed with him being cut (that was during the time when I still mained him, actually) I still thought he should have been in. So yeah, I think he should be in, but I wouldn't care about him.

Jigglypuff:

Chance: 90%

Struggling to see her cut. She brings diversity to the roster and is a fan favorite in the series.
She's the only Pokemon I even like to use! All thanks to Hungrybox for dominating with her in Melee. Although I'll give nods to Lucario even though I personally don't like him and also Greninja for looking very solid, I really feel like Jigglypuff is the only Pokemon with a "realized" moveset design if you will. Not to degrade Pikachu or anything (screw Mewtwo, Pichu and Pokemon Trainer though), but she just brings something that no one does: Aerial dominance. Sure, we have our share of aerial fighters, but no one extreme like Jigglypuff. Wario is the closest, but he has a VERY different kind of aerial dominance, speaking as a Wario main.

Her moveset is unique, diverse and ultimately fun. She never even had a counterpart until Little Mac came along. Yes, she shares a few moves with Kirby, but the two play very differently, and let's not deny her value in the series now. A "joke" character (although I disagree, Luigi is the one designed to be the Dan of the series) and a bizarre choice to this day, surviving three games when she could have easily been cut in Melee, she's like a big part of the Smash family now. She brings much needed diversity in the roster, both aesthetically and functionally, and is recognizable to boot. She has big sentimental value, so it'd be really sad to see her go.

Seeing Hungrybox use her in Melee showed me how much of a great Smash character she is. Yeah, she's crap in Brawl, I know, but that wasn't a flaw in her design but rather a flaw in Brawl's design as her biggest nerf, like Falcon, was Brawl itself. Going back to Hungrybox, he showed me that she's one of the very few characters that forces you to change your playstyle in Melee, drastically changing your approach and mindset and she's notorious for that. Frankly, his capabilities with her made him one of my favorite players to watch, and despite her relative simplicity she's a joy to watch and play. There's a huge merit to her for being in Smash and she really deserves to be in and live on through Smash. Not that she's irrelevant in Pokemon right now or anything, she's still got brand power.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Mewtwo - 95%

Most requested character worldwide, made a huge recent comeback to the Pokemon series in X/Y with two Mega forms and an anime special focusing on it. I can't think of any reason for Mewtwo NOT to return, especially considering how Pokemon characters are chosen based on "What's hot", which almost certainly means their current popularity. Sure, it's moveset and attributes in Melee were pretty bad....but that can easily be fixed, honestly.

Want - 95%

My own personal want for Mewtwo has dropped a little bit, mainly owing to Greninja. But Mewtwo still has every reason to return, it would be a terrible decision to not bring it back.

Jigglypuff - 99%

I don't care how she was low priority in Brawl. She's still a veteran, and she was still higher priority than most of Melee's clones, and at the time, she was higher priority than Mewtwo, though that most likely won't be the case this time...

Want - 100%

One of my mains in Melee and Brawl, one of my favorite Pokemon, a veteran from the very beginning, I'll be deeply saddened if she truly ends up being cut.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Mewtwo: 80% Resurgence in popularity, highly requested
Want: 100% If he's anything like how he is in Project M, I want him.
Jigglypuff: 99.99% Been in every Smash game. No reasons to be cut.
Want: 100% I liked him in Melee.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Mewtwo
Chance: 80%

Its Mewtwo. Hes highly requested for a reason. He was teased by Sakurai, both at the Pokemon conference and in the trailer with Greninja. Too much going for him. Will Pokemon have 6 characters? Very likely, IMO.

Fix his moveset and all will be well.

Jigglypuff
Chance: 98%
Want: 90%

Fix her moveset a little and shes good to go. There is no OG12 rule, but I believe being a 3 time vet really speaks for itself. Combine that with her apparent easy programming, theres really no reason to get rid of Jiggs.

She needs a change to her up-b. Yes, its iconic, but extremely gimmicky. It would be better as a taunt that functions the same, and up-b becomes fairy wind, with the taunt still putting people to sleep. This way, Jiggs can actually have a recovery move, a fairy move to represent fairy typing, and she keeps the iconic Sing in her moveset, but now functions slightly different.

Isaac: 35.5%
Takamaru: 45.6%

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Mewtwo-
Chance: 75%. He was teased like crazy and he's highly requested.
Want: 55%. I like Mewtwo and everything, but I just don't want too many Pokemon reps. I'm not saying 6 or even 7 Pokereps are impossible, I'd jsut like those roster places to be used on things like new franchises. I wouldn't be mad at all if Mewtwo got in, I just think that his place could be put to better use.

Jiggs-
Chance: 85%. Original 12, people actually want it, etc...
Want: 3%. Jiggly has overstayed it's welcome. Smash is the only place it can even be considered relevant anymore.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Mewtwo:
Want: 95%
A character that should've never been cut. Important to the Pokémon series and is a very popular Pokémon in general.

Jigglypuff:
Want: 1%
The only reason I gave Jigglypuff a 1% is for those who like her. So there's that.
Just because Jigglypuff received a new type doesn't mean she's anymore important. This isn't the first time a Pokémon received a new type. Also, Jigglypuff isn't the face of Fairy Pokémon. I think she was a bad choice from the beginning. I find many other Pokémon more deserving than her. Squirtle is a good example that was added later into Smash, but since there's no more transformations, sadly he'll most likely be cut even though he's arguably one of the most iconic Pokémon of all time.
The only thing I can give Jigglypuff is that there's not much of a reason to cut her now. She's been in all of Smash, but I wouldn't mind to see her cut for other Pokémon.

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
Mewtwo
Chance 50%
I know he is really wanted and all but I don't think he will make the regular roster maybe dlc
Want 55%
I know he was one of the only newcomers that brought something new to the table but some of his moves were a bit bland. but he was still fun to play as if he does make it in ok if not well that's a shame :/

Jiggly
Chance 99%
people are really out of it if they think anyone from the 12 are cut that would be stupid.
Want 20% never played as her/him as much but it was fun to face against players who played as her

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Mewtwo

Chance: 60%
Out of the Post-Gematsu leak world only three characters are still likely. One of these is Mewtwo. Massive Popularity and got two Mega Evolutions.

He is one of the most popular Pokemon and was a cool addition in Melee.

Jigglypuff
Chance: 85%
Out of the Original 12, she is the one most likely to be cut. Just due to tradition and her simplicity I doubt she will get cut.

Want: 50%
I'm conflicted. She's is one of the Original 12 and I would feel bad for her mains if she was cut. On the other hand, she doesn't really matter too much in the main Pokemon series and I would not miss her.

D

Deleted member

Mewtwo:
Chance: 70% - Really depends on how large the roster is. Not being mentioned in the leak does not affect his chances at all.
Want: 80% - Sure. Would be 100 if I liked using him.
By the way guys who think this is the case;
mewtwo
is
not
a
NEWCOMER

MINAN.

Jigglypuff:
Chance: 100% - I am convinced she is in the game. Relevancy shmelevancy. We need a common Pokémon of sorts, Jiggles fills that niche fine. No, Pikachu does not count. He's the mascot.
Want: The absolute value of -100% (100%) - Yup. I don't use her except to troll, but she is unique, and my friend loves sandbagging with her. At this point it would be sad to see her leave. I don't want Chrom and Yoshi to become my troll characters. Yoshi and Jiggles best trolls forever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Mewtwo
Chances: 75%
He's fighting for a spot on the roster against a player from the original 12.
I missed him in Brawl tbh

Jigglypuff
Chance: 100%
She's a member of the original 12 for crying out loud!
And no, she was not a planned cut for brawl! Quit spreading that bull ****!!!
Just a classic Smash rep from Pokemon.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Mewtwo and Jigglypuff:

Chance: 95%

I like them both, and they both have a huge shot of getting in. Pretty self-explanatory. I'm pretty confident they will be in the game, I mean, Sakurai would be an idiot not to have Mewtwo, and I feel as if Jiggz is good to go.

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Mewtwo
Chance: 70%
Want: 87%

Jigglypuff
Want: 67%

I'd say there's a decent chance we get both, but I'm slowly starting to doubt it.

Isaac prediction: 33%
Takamaru prediction: 37%

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo:
Chance: 60% Heavily requested, and since he isn't a newcomer, the Gematsu Leak does not apply.
Want: 70% I don't care that much about him, but I know the hype would be amazing.

Jigglypuff:
Chance: 85% She's one of the original set. Also, people who are drawing parallels with Ness are making a false comparison. Ness and Lucas have always been up for debate since they are so similar. This happened in both Melee and Brawl, so it shouldn't surprise us that talks about cutting one have resumed again. Jigglypuff is iconic, and there is no one who could replace her, even Mewtwo. She's mostly guaranteed.
Want: 70% She's a unique character, and I like her the same as Mewtwo.

Predictions:
Isaac: 30.4% Pessimism reigns supreme right now.
Takamaru: 23.2% His uniqueness has been stolen by Greninja and Mii Swordfighter.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Jigglypuff:

Original 12 vet, easy to make, fairly popular, etc. I don't see why people think she'll be cut.

One of my Melee mains; I'd hate to see her go.

Mewtwo: 95%
More likely than any newcomers in my mind. And I think someone here explained why better than I could:

Smeargle confirmed!

Thanks for that, @Kalimdori. Make my job easier.

Want: 85%
I want him to come back, but I have PM, so I wouldn't be absolutely heartbroken.

And, for those of you that are wondering, my current roster looks something like this:

Top 10 Most Likely Newcomers:

Shulk 85% (RTC: 91.70%)
Chrom 70% (RTC: 88.82%)
Chorus Men 67.5% (RTC: 81.25%)
King K. Rool 65% (RTC: 68.75%)
Takamaru 60% (RTC: 46.06%)
Ridley: 55% (RTC: 48.41%)
Robin 25% (RTC: 25.83%)
Bandana Dee 20% (RTC: 24.72%)
Isaac 17.5% (RTC: 43.07%)
Dixie Kong 15% (RTC: 49.04%)

Overall:
33 Confirmed Characters
+ 3 Gematsu newcomers
+ 1 Gematsu veteran (Ness)
+ 6 Obvious veterans (Wario, Ganondorf, Meta Knight, second Star Fox character, Captain Falcon, Mr. Game and Watch)
+ 3 "Most likely" veterans (Ice Climbers, R.O.B., Jigglypuff)
+ ? Endangered Veterans (Third Star Fox character, Lucas)
+ My 3 non-Gematsu "more likely than not" newcomers (King K. Rool, Takamaru, and Ridley)
+ 1 Returning cut (Mewtwo)

That's 50-52 characters, which I think is a perfectly reasonable roster size. I expect Wolf and Falco to both come back, personally, and I'm leaning towards Lucas being cut because of the leak. So 51 specifically.

Predictions:
Isaac: 23.33%
Takamaru: 40.5%

Last edited:

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Jigglypuff
Chance 95% perfect attendance, unique, original 12, the second of the remaining two cute pokemon. I don't see a reason Jigglypuff should be cut, if sheik is allowed to stay with more reason Jigglypuff must stay.

Want 100%

Mewtwo
Chance 30%
Popular pokemon but he's already been cut and I'm not convinced as to why he should be a priority. He's a perfect character for downloadable content though.

Want 0%
meh

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Mewtwo
Chances: 85%
Pretty much everything that's been said is carried over into my post. He's very popular, very requested, has been considered for each Smash game, GF heavily promotes him, and Sakurai said "he was thinking about it." All of those are great merits to have for the character, and at this point I think he's very likely to be in the game.

Want: 70%
While he's not a character I'd be ecstatic for, he has every reason to return and it would be nice to see it happen for him.

Jigglypuff
Chances: 95%
Very likely to return, as she's pretty ingrained in Smash now, and while she has fallen in other aspects that's still a notable aspect to have.

Want: 50%
I don't really mind either way.

Last edited:

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo

Chance: 80%- So many things in his favor right now.
Want: 100%- Who doesn't like Mewtwo?

Jigglypuff

Chance:95%- Part of the original 12 and really has no reason to be cut. Not giving a 100% since she was a low priority character in Brawl.
Want: 75%- I don't like her that much, but it'd be a shame to see her go after 3 games of smash. I just hope she's better than she was in Brawl.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Mewtwo Chance: 90%
Sakurai said he was "thinking about it," GameFreak promotes it a lot, and he is wanted character in both the West and Japan.
He was even planned to be in every Smash game so far! He was planned for 64, playable in Melee, and planned for Brawl! With all the fan-demand, why wouldn't he be in this one!
Sakurai would be an idiot if he doesn't put Mewtwo in.
I'd be genuinely surprised if he is not in.

Mewtwo Want: 100%
Give me him.
GIVE ME HIM NOW!!!

Jigglypuff Chance: 70%
Yes, I rated him 20% lower than Mewtwo.
According to the Gematsu Leak, the developers are considering cutting either Ness or Lucas.
If they are considering cutting Ness, the main character to the biggest game in his series, basically the Marth of Earthbound, they had to have at least thought about cutting Jigglypuff.
She did have a reason to be in Smash 64, and even arguably in Melee. But in Brawl, she seemed so low priority. She was only in Brawl because of tradition, and not because she deserved to be in.
I think the developers are starting to think about how much Smash tradition actually means.
That said, I still think she has a strong chance to be in, and she is currently on my prediction roster.

Jigglypuff Want: 65%
I don't care that much, but I have to give some credit to tradition.
If she was cut and tradition was thrown aside, Ness, and even Captain Falcon, could be thrown aside due to their irrelevancy next.

Isaac Prediction: 25%
With Shulk and Chorus Men too, we would have enough new series represented in Smash this time around.

Takamaru Prediction: 65%
Probably the most popular retro choice, and would make for that "Battle of the Cultures" thing with him representing the East (Japan), and Little Mac representing the West (America specifically). Though I'd prefer if it was a three-way battle, with Layton representing Europe.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Don't have much interest in the ratings to it so I'll keep it brief

Mewtwo
Chances - 70%
Him being teased very obviously and Sakurai knowing about him make him really likely. I feel like this time instead of two new pokemon, we'll get greninja and mewtwo, and then maybe dlc. But frankly, Mewtwo is really the last necessary Pokemon addition/return

Want - 50%
I'm much more indifferent now. I like Greninja as a pokemon so much more, and I would also be more excited about Sceptile as a newcomer. Plus, there's project M where I enjoy playing Mewtwo, so I don't feel a huge desire to play with him in this one, although I do think in terms of Nintendo All-Stars, he is a must.

Jiggly
Chances - 95%
More than a pokemon all-star, Jiggly is now a Smash all-star like Ness and Falcon. She's not going anywhere.

Want - 100%
Fairy pokemon represent! I want to see her final smash changed to play rough or moonblast, even though I don't recall if she learns either of them. Dazzling gleam then?

Isaac - 34%
Smashboards likes its Isaac

Takamaru - 46%
but they like their retro even more

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom