• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Crap, I missed last day's rating. Oh well.

I think I'm slowly losing interest in speculation, with the Sal Leak seemingly confirmed, so I'm going to be brief in my ratings.

King K. Rool: 70%
A drop from last time. If people are so confident about Rhythm Ghost confirming Chorus Men, won't the Kritters hold the same for K. Rool? Still, the leak is becoming a mortal enemy.

Dixie Kong: 60%
If DLC is confirmed, she's a shoo-in. She still does have a strong chance.

Want: 100% for both
I love the DKC series to death.

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Even if any character we rate going forward doesn't have a chance, discussion of credentials is fun, and gives us further speculation for DLC (even if that isn't specifically what we are rating).
Definitely! I'm going to have a blast with today's characters when I rate later tonight.

Wait, is he more popular in Japan?
Reportedly, he is near their Top Five. Based on my (limited) personal observations, however, I'd say he's at the bottom of their Top Ten on a good day, but definitely somewhere in their Top Twenty on a bad one.

I'd say he's more popular here, but he's certainly liked there. I always found that odd because DK is more of a Western franchise, but I guess it could be because the cartoon did have some modest success there, and K. Rool was a big part of that show.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
King K Rool
Chance: 70%
Want: 85%

Kremlings and the fact that Dixie was not revealed the week that was both Valentine's Day and Tropical Freeze. One of my most wanted.

Dixie Kong
Chance: 15%
Want: 35%

Again, she was not revealed the week that was both Valentine's Day and Tropical Freeze. Would prefer King K Rool over her.
This is a bad argument against her, Greninja wasn't revealed at the Pokemon X and Y release. :p
That doesn't fracture her chances.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
@ FalKoopa FalKoopa
The Sneaky Spirits are a bit of a different case.
They're from a currently unrepresented franchise, as opposed to a franchise that has been in every single Smash.
Kremlings are the most iconic DK enemies. It makes sense for them to be included.
It's strange that Sneaky Spirits show up since they're a bit uncouth for an enemy choice, even when taking Rhythm Heaven content into account, which makes me believe that we're getting a lot more Rhythm Heaven than that.

Groose

Smash Champion
This is a bad argument against her, Greninja wasn't revealed at the Pokemon X and Y release. :p
That doesn't fracture her chances.
Personally, I am of the opinion that it does hurt her chances, but I acknowledge that it's not anywhere near a fatal blow. I believe that there's a bit of a difference between the situations of Greninja and Dixie, and I'll try to elaborate a little bit.

Pokemon X and Y certainly did not need the promotion of revealing Greninja upon its release. It was pretty much guaranteed to sell well, and the system it was on was selling like hotcakes. Additionally, revealing Greninja in Smash might have had some averse affects to X and Y's launch. Many people would have been swayed to pick Froakie so that they could have the starter that was in Smash Bros., and it would mess up the balance of starter Pokemon in the game. Additionally, I have to point out that Greninja himself wasn't revealed in X and Y before those games launched; Game Freak had the final evolutions of the starters under lock and key to prevent people getting spoiled.

On the other hand, Tropical Freeze was not guaranteed to sell well, and it really didn't do so hot in its opening weeks. It could really have used the attention getting a newcomer in Smash would have given it. Additionally, Nintendo really needed Tropical Freeze to hold strong for the Wii U in the first months of the year, so revealing Dixie may have really helped not just a game's sales, but those of a platform by thrusting the spotlight to one of Nintendo's system-selling titles. Additionally, there really wasn't any reason for why she couldn't be revealed, unless if she wasn't ready (she could very well have been a last-minute addition).

We all have different views, of course. I can see many different reasons why this wouldn't affect her that much, and I still have her as one of my most-likely non-Gematsu newcomers. That said, I personally feel that her no-show should be taken into consideration, and it's one of the primary reasons why I'll give K. Rool a higher score than her today.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
She's probably going to be kept secret definitely, Sakurai can use alternatives like Diddy and Marth to advertise Awakening and Tropical Freeze, I personally don't find it a hinder to her chances.

andimidna

Smash Master
I feel like of the 2, she'd be the more likely to end up a secret character that wouldn't be revealed before release.
Not every character needs to be used for promotion. Same goes for K Rool.

Why there is no Tropical Freeze stage yet-- I don't know. But I'm not doubting one until I see a new DK stage not from it. And even after that- 2 isn't unlikely. I doubt Jungle Japes is it.

I just wouldn't count her out yet because of the lack of Tropical Freeze content when she was still able to be considered before that game released. She was a strong contender before that game IMO. (but of course K Rool always has been too)

Oh, and I also doubt she'd still be made into a clone now, and that design similarities would matter regarding moveset. I've seen plenty on her thread that has convinced me she could be interesting. I'll look for it if anybody is interested.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
K.Rool
Chance: 85%
I'm not saying he's guaranteed, however he has high enough request, popularity and potential, then add in the fact that DK is long overdue for a third rep
Now before you guys bring up the whole Gematsu leak thing as a counter point, I say you should forget it in this case, it is not all inclusive, and its also doesn't have a single villain. Fact is we are getting at least one new villain/antagonistic character, and they tend to be hidden, which also lends to the fact none showed up on the leak, because they would have very little pre-launch advertising

Sakurai knows we love villains, and does his best to add them, and we only have 2 truly iconic heavily requested ones left, Ridley and K.Rool, which lends to both of them having better chances
Want: 100% I'm a fan :p

Dixie:
chance: 50%
who knows what goes on in Sakurai's head, and if we get a fourth DK rep she is likely
want20% don't mind her at all, just prefer many others

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
K. Rool's chance:45% and Dixie's chance:80%

I want both of them but if we get just one I'd prefer Dixie

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
K. Rool Chance: 75%, I'm fairly confident but a but iffy on him.
Want: 100%

Dixie Chance: 50%
Want: 85%

For Dixie, I think she's a shoe-in for DLC, but in the main roster, at this point I think K. Rool is more likely over her. But I really want BOTH of them, and DK really does deserve two new reps. I just want K. Rool a bit more than Dixie.

I do think Dixie not being revealed around the time of Tropical Freeze hurt her slightly, as TF could've definitely used the sales. If we have DLC I think Dixie is a shoe-in for it, with K. Rool as an unlockable secret character in the game itself.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
King K. Rool

Chance: 30%

I think at this point it really depends if the whole Gematsu leak is true. If so (which is more likely by far) then we will get little to no more characters after that and I think that Ridley has a better chance than K. Rool by far.

Want: 70%

I would like to see more villain all-stars in Smash

Dixie Kong

Chance 90% > 20% for Playable Character, 70% for costume.

Want: 50%

I don't care either way

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Hoo, boy. It's DK day again. Here's my take:

K. Rool:

Chance: 90%
I wouldn't count him out just yet. Massive popularity in Japan around the time the roster was finalized (look at ChronoBound's findings on the Japanese fanbase), very important to the DK series pre-Returns, and a great amount of moveset potential. Relevancy isn't a problem for him. If the Gematsu leak is real, then that means that DLC is going to happen. If K. Rool doesn't make it into the initial game, then he should be a shoo-in for DLC.

C'mon. He's the king of the Kremlings. He has a unique style, he's a villain that I have always liked, and he has tons of potential for a crazy moveset. He has a giant blunderbuss, he has boxing gloves, and he has a helicopter pack. With customizable movesets being possible, he could get tons of different possible combinations, similar to Palutena. I definitely want him. However, not at the expense of...

Dixie Kong:

I think her chances have improved greatly with the Gematsu leaker saying that they are planning on character DLC. Based on ChronoBound's findings, she wasn't requested quite as much as K. Rool, but she still stood above most characters, so Japan likes her (or at least they did when the roster was finalized, which is what counts). She was considered for Brawl, she is important to the DK series, and she is relevant again, thanks to Tropical Freeze. Not to mention, she is perfect for a DLC character, since her body shape could be mostly taken from Diddy.

I don't think I need to say more. I've already stated several times about how she is my most wanted character, and I don't want to go through it again.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Hoo, boy. It's DK day again. Here's my take:

K. Rool:

I wouldn't count him out just yet. Massive popularity in Japan around the time the roster was finalized (look at ChronoBound's findings on the Japanese fanbase), very important to the DK series pre-Returns, and a great amount of moveset potential. Relevancy isn't a problem for him. If the Gematsu leak is real, then that means that DLC is going to happen. If K. Rool doesn't make it into the initial game, then he should be a shoo-in for DLC.

C'mon. He's the king of the Kremlings. He has a unique style, he's a villain that I have always liked, and he has tons of potential for a crazy moveset. He has a giant blunderbuss, he has boxing gloves, and he has a helicopter pack. With customizable movesets being possible, he could get tons of different possible combinations, similar to Palutena. I definitely want him. However, not at the expense of...

Dixie Kong:

I think her chances have improved greatly with the Gematsu leaker saying that they are planning on character DLC. Based on ChronoBound's findings, she wasn't requested quite as much as K. Rool, but she still stood above most characters, so Japan likes her (or at least they did when the roster was finalized, which is what counts). She was considered for Brawl, she is important to the DK series, and she is relevant again, thanks to Tropical Freeze. Not to mention, she is perfect for a DLC character, since her body shape could be mostly taken from Diddy.

I don't think I need to say more. I've already stated several times about how she is my most wanted character, and I don't want to go through it again.
Dixie would be far easier to make DLC than K. Rool. Even if Dixie has a completely original moveset, her body shape is almost identical to Diddy, so far less work. Realistically, K. Rool would only be DLC if they already started working on him but couldn't get him into the final roster.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Just to be clear, we're only supposed to rate chance of being on the main roster and not including chance of being DLC, right? Because it seems like that's remaining a point of confusion.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
King K. Rool
Want: 80%
Likelihood: 50%

Dixie Kong
Likelihood: 80%

Donkey Kong deserves a third character. I feel Dixie has better chances than K. Rool because:

1) Dixie was planned to be in Brawl
2) Dixie is recent/relevant thanks to Tropical Freeze
3) Dixie would be relatively easier to develop than K. Rool due to similar body build as Diddy
4) Sakurai doesn't care about how Smash fans feel about potential clones/semi-clones because he kept Toon Link
5) Sakurai is adding more females this time around
6) Dixie seems to be very marketable with both casual gamers and core gamers, not only core gamers like K. Rool is

andimidna

Smash Master
Just to be clear, we're only supposed to rate chance of being on the main roster and not including chance of being DLC, right? Because it seems like that's remaining a point of confusion.
I thought he was saying that the remaining 10% for each was the chance of them as DLC. Not sure.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
K. Rool time!

He's my second most wanted newcomer after Chrom.

Chance: 85%
High-balling this one. I believe if there are any additional non-Gematsu newcomers, he's the most likely bar-none. Those Kremlings and that international popularity.

Dixie:

Want: 70%
She can be like Guilty Gear's Millia, which is awesome.

Chance: 10%
I definitely think K. Rool has the odds in all honesty. And I definitely don't think we'll get both, barring Dixie DLC. That leaves a 5% chance that we don't get either one.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
K. Rool

Chance: 55%
Very popular worldwide, main villain of DKC, and the Kremlings appear in Smash Run. The rumored Chunky Kong assist trophy helps him aswell. He does have to contend with Dixie Kong, who is also likely. However, I still think he is more likely.

Want: 200% 100%
I grew up with the Donkey Kong Country series, although I only remember DK 64. That game left quite an impact on me, and even though I was awful at it I enjoyed it and K. Rool is one of my favorite video game villains. I would love it if he got in, and he has been my most wanted newcomer for a few years now.

Dixie Kong

Chance: 40%
She is popular and has had a recent appearance in the form of Tropical Freeze. I believe that not revealing her in the February Direct decreases her chances. The Wii U and Tropical Freeze needed sales, and having one of the protagonists announced for Smash would be a great way to generate hype. However, we got the awesomeness that is Little Mac instead of her. This does not destroy her chances, but it does hurt her chances.

Want: 75%
I prefer K. Rool. However, I want more DKC representation and if it is Dixie or nothing, I'd chose Dixie every time.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
King K Rool? Hmm
Chance: 65%
Remember, this is a multiplayer collaborative game. Sakurai resizes characters all the time. Some characters depicted in the game are smaller in their real game than in Smash, true, but games like Smash, Mario Kart, or Mario Superstar Sluggers have some brobdingnagian characters playable when they're about the same size as everybody else. King K Rool was one of them in Mario Super Sluggers. But he's still a big maybe, don't get cocky!
Want: 45%
He would be a nice addition, but personally I'd prefer a lady to come along, like Dixie Kong

Dixie Kong
Chance: 75%
Dixie Kong has appeared in Tropical Freeze, which K Rool hasn't, she would be chosen over Cranky because she's made more PLAYABLE appearances than Cranky
We desperately need more ladies in Smash

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I used my mod powers and updated the first results post in light of recent confirmations/deconfirmations. :p

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So I used my mod powers and updated the first results post in light of recent confirmations/deconfirmations. :p
I don't see how Lip has been deconfirmed, Lip's Stick as an item and Kirby having garbage block doesn't mean Lip can't appear. It does decrease her chances very much so, but its not like she was shown as an AT or just a generic trophy or anything. Deconfirm her once that happens. :D

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
King K. Rool.

Want 100% KKR is my most wanted for these games. Bar none.

Chance. I'd say 50/50 at this point. The Gematsu leak is what makes me kinda nervous.

Dixie Kong:

Want: 0% I'd rather have K. Rool, enough said. I have nothing against her, though.

Likelihood: Same as K. Rool's.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
King: K. Rool
Chance: 45%
Pretty much a coin flip at this point.
I have no personal attachment to him, but his fans deserve it.
Dixie Kong:
Chance: 46%
Tropical freeze makes her relevant again.
Want: 20%
Can't say I'm a fan.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
K.Rool Chance 60% Want 90% He'd be super cool in.

Dixie Chance 60% Want 88% She'd be super cool in.

Honestly if DK gets a third rep it's either's game.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Dixie Kong :
Chance : 50%. IDK how to rate with the DLC possibility, so 50% though if we were to exclude DLC I'd be a pessimistic person and say 0%.
Want : 100%. All of my want. Now that's a female character that deserves to be playable in the game, as well as an all-star. Her frame might be similar to Diddy's, but she would be 100% unique.

King K.Rool :
Chance : 50%. Basically like Dixie. I don't see him as a Boss hazard, he's not intrusive enough to be one, I guess he's too small. #2small Then again, I'm not really sold on him being in the game from the start, much like Dixie.
Want : 100%. Once again, all of my want. I dunno if he qualifies as an All-Star, but he certainly has that starpower that should propel him to the ranks of playable characters. A villain with personality, hard to hate him, a classic, huge moveset potential. I want him less than Dixie, but not by much.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
King K. Rool
Chance: 34% - He's very popular and I'd be surprised if Sakurai doesn't at least consider him. I don't think having the Kremlings in Smash run helps him as much as some people think.
Want: 66% - Long live the King.

Dixie
Chance: 30% - I consider her the second most likely character in the forbidden seven after Mewtwo, but still a little less likely than K. Rool who's both more popular and unique.
Want: 56% - I'll happily lend my support.

Mewtwo prediction: 74%
Jigglypuff prediction: 88%

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
My current top ten is:

Shulk 85% (RTC: 91.70%)
Chrom 70% (RTC: 88.82%)
Chorus Men 67.5% (RTC: 81.25%)
King K. Rool 65% (RTC: 68.75%)
Takamaru 60% (RTC: 46.06%)
Ridley: 55% (RTC: 48.41%)
Robin 25% (RTC: 25.83%)
Bandana Dee 20% (RTC: 24.72%)
Isaac 17.5% (RTC: 43.07%)
Dixie Kong 15% (RTC: 49.04%)​

Perhaps the most bold claim is that King K. Rool, Takamaru, and Ridley are all still more likely than not. This is because I think the Gematsu leak is real, but incomplete. Each of these characters has a lot going in their favor; King K. Rool has the Kremlings in Smash Run (and potentially Chunky Kong as an assist), Takamaru has Sakurai's comment on retros and the 1986 comment, and Ridley has the (debatable) teasing.

Since this in the Donkey Kong day, I'll go into detail on the King and Kong specifically today, but I wanted to get that out of the way.

King K. Rool:

Chance: 65%
In my opinion, the most likely newcomer not listed in the Gematsu leak. The Kremlings in Smash Run are the biggest point in his favor. It may not seem like much, but you have to realize that he included multiple forms of enemies that hadn't been seen in six years despite multiple entries in the franchise since then. Not only that, but he didn't even mention them after their reveal, despite the fact that they were one of the first enemies we saw in Smash Run and one of the most notable inclusions. Add that to the fact that the King is hugely popular worldwide and we have a likely candidate. The only reason he's not higher is because it may just be that Sakurai likes the Kremlings and wanted to bring them back into the public eye. If that's the case, he may end up being a boss.

He'd be great to see, but he's at the bottom of my most wanted list.

Dixie Kong:

Chance: 15%

I need to quote this brilliant post my Groose to explain.

Personally, I am of the opinion that it does hurt her chances, but I acknowledge that it's not anywhere near a fatal blow. I believe that there's a bit of a difference between the situations of Greninja and Dixie, and I'll try to elaborate a little bit.

Pokemon X and Y certainly did not need the promotion of revealing Greninja upon its release. It was pretty much guaranteed to sell well, and the system it was on was selling like hotcakes. Additionally, revealing Greninja in Smash might have had some averse affects to X and Y's launch. Many people would have been swayed to pick Froakie so that they could have the starter that was in Smash Bros., and it would mess up the balance of starter Pokemon in the game. Additionally, I have to point out that Greninja himself wasn't revealed in X and Y before those games launched; Game Freak had the final evolutions of the starters under lock and key to prevent people getting spoiled.

On the other hand, Tropical Freeze was not guaranteed to sell well, and it really didn't do so hot in its opening weeks. It could really have used the attention getting a newcomer in Smash would have given it. Additionally, Nintendo really needed Tropical Freeze to hold strong for the Wii U in the first months of the year, so revealing Dixie may have really helped not just a game's sales, but those of a platform by thrusting the spotlight to one of Nintendo's system-selling titles. Additionally, there really wasn't any reason for why she couldn't be revealed, unless if she wasn't ready (she could very well have been a last-minute addition).

We all have different views, of course. I can see many different reasons why this wouldn't affect her that much, and I still have her as one of my most-likely non-Gematsu newcomers. That said, I personally feel that her no-show should be taken into consideration, and it's one of the primary reasons why I'll give K. Rool a higher score than her today.
If she was completed at the time of Tropical Freeze's release, she would've been revealed. No two ways about it. The remaining 15% I'm giving her is the potential of her being a last-minute semi-clone that hadn't been worked on enough at that point to reveal. (Note that there's a significant drop in my percentages after Ridley. I just don't expect to see more newcomers than those 6 at this point. That hurt her chances more than anything, imo.)

Want: 33%
She'd be kinda cool, I guess, but I'd pick another newcomer over her if I could. Most of the want comes from the fact that the Donkey Kong series needs more representation in Smash. So, if I can't have K. Rool, I'd gladly take Dixie.

Predictions:
Mewtwo: 70%
Jigglypuff: 85%

D

Deleted member

I don't see how Lip has been deconfirmed, Lip's Stick as an item and Kirby having garbage block doesn't mean Lip can't appear. It does decrease her chances very much so, but its not like she was shown as an AT or just a generic trophy or anything. Deconfirm her once that happens. :D
She's generally seen as disconfirmed because Lip's Stick is her main weapon of attacking. I bet people would consider Shulk to be disconfirmed if his Monado, the main weapon that he uses, was an item.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Lip is not deconfirmed. Just because her most iconic weapon (which ) is an item does not mean she will be not playable. Mario has the mushroom as an item. (So is the Fire Flower, Koopa Shell and Tanooki Leaf)

The screw attack is an item. So is the Pokeball and the Fairy in a Bottle. Just because a character's item is a regular item does not mean they are decofnirmed.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Lip is not deconfirmed. Just because her most icconic weapon is an item does not mean she will be not playable. Mario has the mushroom as an item.
Except the Mushrooms are GENERIC there are tons of them, if the Master Sword was revealed as an item, wouldn't you doubt Link? if Palutena's staff was confirmed as an item wouldn't you consider her deconfirmed? there are some items that are to personal and to iconic to characters that the mere inclusion of them as items should deconfirm the character in cuestion. That said Lip still has a chance as a trophy of the Captain Rainbow game

ON to the DK day

King K Rool
Chance: 40%
In my perspective the leak does affect him, the leak might be incomplete but, I factor evidence in what we have right not and not what it might be, his minions kind of help him but if Sakurai wanted to represent enemies of the DK series that is why they made to the game doesn't directly translate into the obligatory inclusion of their boss.

Want: 40%
In my chilhood I got Kirby Super Star as a present when I wanted DKC, but that game were never found in shops, I played KSS and loved it and forever forgot about trying a game from the DK series, so with this turn around of events I became a fan of Kirby and because of that DK don't hold nostalgia value to me, so I don't mind him but don't like him either.

Dixie Kong
Chance: 39%
The same as above the only exception is her not being "the main villian" she is not in the might be complete might be incomplete leak and is only 1% under Roll because the first one kind of make more sense

Want: 45%
Honestly Roll (design wise) don't appeal so I like Dixie more, that said not personal conection to her

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Lip is not deconfirmed. Just because her most icconic weapon is an item does not mean she will be not playable. Mario has the mushroom as an item.
It may not be a flat-out deconfirmation, but it's pretty much guaranteed at this point. People assume that Balloon fighter is deconfirmed because Villager uses balloons, so why would Lip not be seen deconfirmed as well?

andimidna

Smash Master
Guys, just nominate her (when we start nominating) if you want to rank her at a 0%
There are people who think she still has a shot.

The fact that we re-rated her after this "deconfirmation" should pretty much keep us from calling her deconfirmed.
Save that title for the unarguable, flat-out deconfirmed characters specifically shown to have a non-playable role in the game by Sakurai, like Skull Kid.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Guys, just nominate her (when we start nominating) if you want to rank her at a 0%
There are people who think she still has a shot.

The fact that we re-rated her after this "deconfirmation" should pretty much keep us from calling her deconfirmed.
Save that title for the unarguable, flat-out deconfirmed characters specifically shown to have a non-playable role in the game by Sakurai, like Skull Kid.
So undisconfirm (lol) Toad as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom