• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Bandana Dee: 15% No explanation for the thread's safety.
Want: 100%

Captain Toad: 1%
Want: 10%

Impa: 5.67%
Ghirahim: 12.82%

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Bandana Dee

Chance: 10%
He's becoming the 4th most important Kirby character, but I don't feel he should be in just for the sake of adding another Kirby rep. He keeps on growing in importance, though, so in the next one he can be a highly requested character.
Want: 20%
As a huge Kirby fan I'd like him in, but not over so many other characters that I think deserve it more, which includes this next one...

Captain Toad

Chance: 12%
Toad is an iconic Mario character and Cpt Toad will be a good way to represent him, but I feel like him having his own game now is too late for the Smash 4 roster. He has high chances for the next one, I can imagine.
Want: 25%
Same for Bandana Dee, I wouldn't want him over other characters.

Impa: 5%
Ghirahim: 15%

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Bandana Dee:
Chance: 10% He's not Gematsu, and he's not even unique any more (Canvas Curse)
Want: 50% He was my favorite character in Return to Dreamland, but I don't think he belongs in Smash right now.

Captain Toad (Oh No)
Chance: 4% His new game is too late for him.
Want: 30% I guess he could be interesting, but I only know him from Galaxy, so I don't have an attachment to him.

Predictions:
Impa: 14.3%
Ghirahim: 21%

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Bandanna Dee
Chance:30%
Out of all the potential Kirby newcomers, Bandanna Dee is definitely the forerunner. He's become a main character of the franchise, appearing alongside Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede. He's also got the uniqueness factor with him too. His main downside is that other characters may get in before he does, and it seems that Sakurai is focusing more on Kid Icarus this time too, which could definitely hurt him.

Want:50%
I really don't care either way, although it would be cool seeing him in the game.

Captain Toad:
Chance:10%
Eh, as much as I'd like to see him, Toad's Tracker is too little, too late as of now.

Want:70%
I've always been a large supporter of Toad, and still am.

Groose

Smash Champion
Bandana Dee: 5%
I have him as one of my most-likely non-Gematsu newcomers at this point. It all boils down to this--we've seen expansion to pretty much all of the franchises that were deemed likely to get one [Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, Super Mario, Pokemon] (bar only DK), so I think Kirby would be another place that they'd turn. Bandana Dee is pretty clearly the man in that franchise, so he has good odds compared to a lot of other candidates.

Bandana Dee Want: 50%
He's a character that I wouldn't mind seeing at all, but wouldn't particularly want in advance. He could be neat and his design is pretty good, but I'm not overly attached to him, and I'm not the biggest of Kirby fans. I think 50% is good enough to express my ambivalence.

Captain Toad: 1%
I see Bowser Jr. as the frontrunner for the title of second Mario newcomer; however, I think Paper Mario and even Blue Toad have a better shot right now than the Captain. My reasoning? I think this video sums it up quite nicely.

Captain Toad Want: 100%
Yeah, seeing a playable Toad would be absolutely awesome. I love the little guys, and my friend wants one of them more than anyone else. I think I would prefer Traditional Toad, but any of them would be pretty awesome to me!

DAY OVER

CAPTAIN TOAD WAS DEE-FEATED!

Groose

Smash Champion
Bandana Dee
17.39% chance (was 24.72%)
53.98% want (was 47.61%)

Bandana's chance score was not entirely dee-stroyed, but it did suffer a bit of dee-pletion. Still, he dee-served a higher want score this time than he did last; he's not quite at the level he reached in the winter, but he's getting closer.

Captain Toad
4.62% chance (was 2.62%)
51.11% want (was 31.79%)

A new game only managed to boost the Captain's chance score by 2%, but the level of support for him spiked. He went from being pretty unpopular to breaking the 50% barrier there; not so bad, eh? I was glad to see @YoshiandToad finally get a chance to talk about him some; it's good to have you back! It wasn't dee same without you!

It's time to dee-scuss one of my favorite franchises: ZELDA! With new footage of the Wii U installment and lots of new Hyrule Warriors info (MIIIIIDNAAAA!), the future of the franchise is looking bright in-dee-d. One thing that seems clear is that Impa is not going anywhere; the Sheikah was confirmed to be a playable character in Hyrule Warriors and is sporting a rocking new design. Could that foreshadow a role in Smash? Ghirahim, on the other hand, hasn't been seen near Hyrule Warriors, but with several unannounced playable characters left, it's still possible that he could get in. However, how about Smash? Please rate Ghirahim and Impa in chance and want.

Tomorrow we'll be having a Kid Icarus discussion. Magnus is out, Palutena is in; what of Dark Pit and Medusa? Please predict how Dark Pit and Medusa will do tomorrow. Say, isn't there one other major Kid Icarus character who hasn't been Dee-confirmed yet? I wonder...

Yes, I know those Dee puns were a dee-saster. I'll cease and dee-cist now. Maybe. Dee-finitely.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Impa:
Chance: 60%
Hard to say. If we are getting a Zelda newcomer I think she has one of the best chances.
Want: 90%
Seeing her Hyrule Warriors design...I mean look at it. She looks awesome and she could have such a unique move-set.

Ghirahim:
Chance: 40%
I think he would be next in line after Impa.
Want: 30%
Eh. I don't know if he is someone I'd want to see playable. Maybe an AT.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Impa:

Chance: 7.5%

I'm not convinced that we'll be getting a Zelda newcomer. Impa made a good impression with Skyward Sword, but it wasn't until Hyrule Warriors that her popularity spiked. For that reason I think it's too little too late for Impa. Also Sheik but whatever.

Want: 75%
I like her, but not so much for this Smash. Smash 5 maybe?

Ghirahim:

Chance: 7.5%

Again, I don't think we're getting a Zelda newcomer. In addition, it's unlikely that Ghirahim will make an appearance in another mainstream Zelda title. I'd say it's between him and Impa for the unlikely sixth Zelda slot, and maybe Ganon.

I like him quite a bit. He has a lot of potential to be a unique character, the only problem is that there are other more deserving characters that should make it in first.

Dark Pit: 10.75%
Most people are probably under the impression that he's a boss or an alternate costume.
Medusa: 6.75%
She could do pretty well, but I don't think many of us are banking on another Kid Icarus character.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Impa Chance:15% Same rating as last time if she's a possible last-minute semi-clone, though personally I have a hard time that Sakurai will even consider her for playable status, she really hasn't made her mark in the Zelda franchise, and yes I'm excluding her Hyrule Warriors appearances as it's a game that I'm sure will hardly get content in Smash 4 due to being a late game.

Ghirahim Chance: 7.5% All I have to say really is that he's going to be overshadowed like with Midna and Zant. He's not much of a prominent character in the Zelda franchise (at least, not yet), I can see him being an Assist Trophy.

Dark Pit Prediction: 17.68% I hope this dang rises from last time, too many people gave a very low undeserved rating.
Medusa Prediction: 23.4% People will flake her chances, I just know it, specifically from the Medusa support thread.
Hades Prediction: 14.56% Yes, I'm betting were rating Hades tomorrow. :chuckle:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Impa: 0%

Ghirahim: 10%

Medusa: 3.12%
Dark Pit: 8.28%

@ andimidna andimidna I don't think I will be giving you that pm I said I would last night. Something unexpected came up today.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
-Impa
Chances 20% - not prominent enough in the series. Her appearance in Hyrule Warriors is amazing and all but I don't think it holds much relevance since it's not canon.
Want 60% - sure if she has the Hyrule Warriors look and if she has unique abilities like the ones can do there then yes, more so.

-Ghirahim
Chance 30% - one-shot villain (though the role he plays in the overall Zelda universe has more significance than just any random boss).
Want 100% - I just want a non-clone Zelda newcomer so bad.

D

Deleted member

Bandana Dee's want increased? Not bad! Not bad at all!
Impa and Ghirahim have been added to the Directory.
If you have rated these two check to see what you've said on their days!

Ghirahim
Chance:
10%

Same chance that I gave him before. Nothing has really changed for Ghirahim. The new Zelda game's footage didn't show him and we haven't seen him in Hyrule Warriors.
He's still a pretty popular and recent Zelda villain, but he needs more appearances to consider having a spot in future Smash games. It's pretty critical if he re-appears in future Zelda games or he else he will become the next Midna; a popular, widely requested Zelda character that is never/rarely seen again in the franchise.
He would be awesome to have! He definitely has a lot of potential as a fighter.

Impa
Chance:
5%

I gave her a 0% before... but I raised it because of Hyrule Warriors. Impa is not out of the running, but she is still severely impaired thanks to Sheik's return as her own separate slot.
Like Captain Toad, her playable appearance in Hyrule Warriors is a bit too late to consider putting in Smash.
Want: 0%
Ehh... no thanks.

Medusa Prediction: 5.48%
Listen well Medusa! You're days of over getting 10% chance are numbered! PREPARE TO MEET THE LIGHT!
Dark Pit Prediction: 0.93%
If anything, that Dark Pit tease at the end should have been for his role as Pit's alternate costume.
Hades Prediction: 6.66% (yeah, I'm going there again)
Why wouldn't he show up tomorrow?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Impa:

Chance: 4%
I'm ignoring my previous score because I severely underrated her due to Sheik's confirmation.

While Impa has an impressive resume and has a lot of potential, I don't see a Zelda newcomer this time around, and instead expect her for the next game.

Would be a fun newcomer, but I prefer Ganon. (And Tingle, but he's kinda dead.)

Ghirahim:

Chance: .5%
Again, I don't see a Zelda newcomer this time around, and I think Ghirahim is one of the less likely candidates for that spot (he's behind Impa, Ganon, and Tetra). That said, it's very possible.

I'd much rather have Ganon or Impa (or Tingle) than Ghirahim. I actually like him as a character and think he's a fabulous antagonist, but would be kind of confused about him getting in before those two prominent Zelda characters.

Predictions:
Medusa: 10.24%
Dark Pit: 4.66%

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Impa 5% Impa is shown in Hyrule warriors, too bad hyrule warriors is an spin off, also considering eiji comment implies that we could get a lot of characters, in other words, she is gonna be one of the many characters in the game
Want 50% Indifferent about her
Ghirahim Unlike the previous zelda villains, he did something important to the franchise, he is also quite popular and has a lot of moveset potential, I think we could easily see him return in another mainstream zelda game
Chances 10%
Want 70%

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Impa:
Chance: 35% I have doubts, but I can picture her joining as an unlockable character (Think:Toon/Young Link), since she is a regular in the series; and definitely the next newcomer we'd get from Zelda.
Want: 70% I do like Impa, she'd be pretty awesome.

Ghiraham:
Chance: 7%. I never thought he had a chance. He’s a villain we probably will never see in a Zelda game again…save for maybe Hyrule Warriors.
Want: 5%. I wouldn’t be opposed to see him playable in Hyrule Warriors, but for Smash...no. I can barely even remember the guy.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Impa:

Chance:25%
My main reason for ptting her this high is because I believe in the trophy quiz theory. Think about it, we have Palutena, Chrom is most likely on his way. Ridley is a bit iffy to predict but I think he has things in his favour. So the only one left out is a Zelda newcomer. Although I do not believe she is the most likely newcomer.

Want:75%
Although she's not one of my most wanted character (I know, what kind of Zelda fan am I? :laugh:) I do believe she can be a great fighter and another awesome female.

GHIRAHIM:

Chance: 65%

Yeah, I'm still pretty confident in him. I'm going to quote myself for this one.

You may think it's just the fanboy in me saying this but no! It's not! Believe me, I have reasoning for this which I shall explain.

My reasoning comes purely from how much representation Zelda: Skyward Sword is getting. Seriously, just look at all the representaion. Sure it doesn't match the likes of pokemon or Mario or Kid Icarus but it's a lot regarless.

List of things from Skyward Sword in Smash:
  • Skyloft as stage
  • Beetle item
  • Gust Bellows as item
  • Heart Container is based off t's Skyward Sword design
  • "More than a few" items to be from Skyward Sword
  • Fi as trophy
  • Octorocks appear in Smash Run (Skyward Sword design)
  • Ballad of the Goddess Remix
  • In Nintendo's E3 video with reveal of Smash invitational and Smash @ best buy is Ghirahim's theme and battle theme. Almost all the tracks in that video were from Skyward Sword

There are other things Zelda related that aren't from Skyward Sword (Bomchu, Midna, Skull Kid, etc) but most are either returning from past Smash's or series staples (fairy bottle, cucco, etc).

Even the fairy bottle is mostly similar to Skyward Sword's design and of course, the most likely newcomer in my opinion is Ghirahim.

Come on now, were you expecting anything else. He's by far my most wanted character.

Predictions:

Dark Pit - 7%
Medusa - 5%

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Impa: 3% Chance / 5% Want
A good candidate for next game. Not so much this one though.

Ghirahim: 1% Chance / 0% Want
I really don't get why people think he's a likely candidate.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Impa: 5%
I really doubt we are getting a Zelda newcomer this time. She's the forerunner for that spot though.

Want: 70%
Sheik's confirmation and her Hyrule Warriors appearance have left me with little reason to object to her inclusion.

Ghirahim: 1%
He's in a bad situation. Unlike previous Smash games, which focused primarily on the most recent console installment, Smash 4 has been much more even about representing franchises. And that's not including the fact that he's in a situation similar to Midna was in Brawl.

Want: 15%
Little reason to support him, as I haven't played Skyward Sword.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
:4diddy:'s favorite: 5%
Hyrule warriors is a crossover game, I doubt it will get representation.
Want: 40%
I'm only interested if the Hyrule warriors version is chosen. So it's an 80% for the Hyrule warriors variant and a 0% for any other.

Lord Fabulous: 10%
His time to shine was e3. I don't think he would be unlockable, which is quite unfortunate.
He was my favorite character in Skyward Sword, which was my favorite Zelda game.

Predictions:troll:
Hades: 96%
Thanatos: 55%
Kid Icarus Dog: 22%
Great Reaper: 44%
Exo tank: 1.7%
Eggplant Wizard: 27%
HosPITal stage: 3.4%
Reaper boulevard stage: 19%
Pittoo: 5.5%
Medusa: Hey look, who cares?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
A Zelda newcomer is pretty unlikely (imo), because Sheik is now a separate fighter.

-Impa:
Chances: 10%
Important to the series, can be a fast semiclone, DLC is a possibility.

Want: 80%
Her new design in Hyrule Warriors is awesome.

-Midna Yuga Cia Ghirahim:
Chances: 1%
Only because he has some popularity and DLC is a possibility.

Impa for ever! Also...I really dislike her his design.

Yay, colours XD

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Impa
Chance: 0%
Sheik returning pretty much nailed her coffin, I don't think Hyrule Warriors really affects this
Her inclusion never crossed my mind before, and after reading why some people want her in...I remain uninterested
Ghirahim
ehhhh, might happen, very unlikely though
Want: 10%
I guess he could have some potential to be different, with all that said, I'm uninterested to see Skyward Sword get representation given my dislike towards the game, would rather have Vaati as a playable Zelda villain if we get anyone outside of Ganondorf

Burigu

Smash Ace
Medusa: Hey look, who cares?
It's Hades the one that use that quote, still funny

Impa
Chance: 15%
Hyrule Warriors is not considered cannon, al least for know things my change in the future, so despite her appearance in the game I am not sure how well this translates to Smash.

Want: 8%
Mmmmm I don't know, I don't really like her

Ghirahim
Chance: 12%
Same as Impa minus not appearing in Hyrule Warriors YET

Want:
I haven't played Skyward Sword so no personal attachment to the character, still think there are other more iconic characters like Tingle, Midna and Skull Kid mmmm well not many others

Predictions
Medusa: 18.45%
Mr. Pallete Swap: 10.23% ( potencial overate bait)

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
[collapse=Zelda chart]
Ghirahim: 24%
Impa: 8%
Tetra: 7.6%

Ganon: 7%
Vaati: 1.4%
Toon Zelda: 0.01%
Cia: 100% :troll:[/collapse]
Ghirahim:
Chance: 24%
I think he's the 11th most likely character. I don't think he'll happen, but I do think he has the best chance out of any Zelda newcomer because he's the new "hot" character and is the most requested. He's pretty much the new Sheik. And is on par with Rosalina and Greninja for series importance, current prominence, and overall popularity.
Plus, I think he'd be the most unique of the choices left, except maybe Vaati- who I find to be the least likely of the viable Zelda candidates.
I wonder what his chances as DLC would be...

Impa:
Chance: 8%
I think she's the 20th most likely character.
Hyrule Warriors doesn't help much. However, she looks to have a central role, possibly part of the plot, and not just 1 of 9 playable characters.
Despite being very recurring, she's not all that iconic or well-known. (or at least she wasn't before Hyrule Warriors)
Not requested, ever.
Doesn't do much in any game she's in (almost an exception- Skyward Sword, possibly an exception- Hyrule Warriors)
With Hyrule Warriors, she's now at 9 appearances out of... 17? That's pretty good compared to Ganon's 10, Tingle's 6, Tetra's 2, and Ghirahim's 1. Still not as notable as any of them though.
Which is too bad. People need to finally give her the recognition she deserves. If she was as popular as Sheik she'd be a shoo-in. Maybe Hyrule Warriors will get her close to there. If it does DLC seems very possible.

Pre:
Dark Pit: 2% lol
Medusa: 8.5%

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Bandana Dee
17.39% chance (was 24.72%)

53.98% want (was 47.61%)

Oh well, that's actually cool.

Yes, I know those Dee puns were a dee-saster. I'll cease and dee-cist now. Maybe. Dee-finitely.
772.jpg

Awesome!

Excuse you. Being a muscular woman does not make you a man just like being a skinny man doesn't make you a woman.
Sorry! I didn't want to offend you, Pacack :c

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa:
Chance: 70%
I really do view her as highly likely. Ever since Melee, Zelda hasn't had a decent, "true" newcomer. And since Mario and Pokémon got one whilst not absolutely needing it, I could see the same happen with Zelda. Compare Rosalina to the rest of the Mario cast for example. Or Greninja with Pikachu, Charizard and Lucario, or even Mewtwo and Jigglypuff. Impa might not indeed be as important as Link, Zelda or Ganondorf. But she surely is the next big thing in Zelda after them. Note how she was revealed as playable in Hyrule Warriors before even Zelda? Think that's a pretty big deal. Also, if the King Kihunter and Psuedo Palutena trophies in the Direct where hints towards Ridley and Palutena then Fi would very likely be a hint for a Zelda newcomer. And I can't picture anyone but Impa. Her style of fighting would fit Smash extremely well and would make her a popular pick, despite people knowing her. Female character to, and Sakurai now especially seems more keen on adding them. Zelda and Donkey Kong Country are the biggest series of Nintendo left without a new character. If Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem get a new one character, so should they. And besides all this, I could see Impa get added as DLC if Hyrule Warriors turns out to be an succes. The fact that Hyrule Warriors will have a 'very big cast' shouldn't be a sign of treat for Impa. I think that outside of what has been shown (Impa, Zelda, Midna) and Ganon / Ganondorf there won't be too many familiar faces. I sure as hell won't expect to see Sheik, Tetra, Toon Link, Happy Mask Salesman, Saria, Tingle, King Zora or Fire Keeze becoming playable. They've shown new villains to for example. They may very well simply make charactes up. Or possibly give the Goddesses physical bodies again, Din, Faore and Nayru. So yes, Impa seems like a very underrated but highly likely character.

Some should know by now.

Ghirahim:
A Zelda one-off villain, in an era where we got too many of these. Not even the main villain of Skyward Sword to. If there was to be another Zelda villain, Ganon would take priority. And even Vaati would stand a better chance due to seniority and more appearances.

Want: 40%
Would be cool to beat him up as Impa, and he'd have a fitting moveset. Just not a character I'd be extremely excited about, but I wouldn't mind him either actually.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
I don't think we'll get a Zelda newcomer. I think Ganondorf will get revamped, and that combined with Sheik becoming separate will be what we get. As such, chances for both characters is 4%, and want is 50%

I am completely indifferent to a Zelda newcomer, to the point that I don't want to write a long explanation. :p I want a revamped Ganondorf, if a newcomer gets in and he stays the same, I will be extremely peeved.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Ghirahim:
A Zelda one-off villain, in an era where we got too many of these. Not even the main villain of Skyward Sword to. If there was to be another Zelda villain, Ganon would take priority. And even Vaati would stand a better chance due to seniority and more appearances.
Not to start a flame war here but I don't see how because he's a one-off lowers his chances much. Sheik was a one-off as well and has not appeared in another Zelda since OoT. I also heavily disagree on Vaati having a better chance. I'm pretty sure that Vaati is a character which Sakurai has never heard of. He never appeared in Brawl, even as a sticker. Skyward Sword is getting a lot of promotion that I find it incredibly unlikely that Sakurai hasn't even heard of him.

Still, I like Impa as well and she deserves more support in my opinion.

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Ghirahim
Chance: 60%, He's the most wanted Zelda character in Japan and the amount of Skyward Sword representation in Sm4sh is too much to ignore. Both his general and battle theme being used in the Reggie Fils-a-Mech ad for the direct was very likely a hint in his favor. Sakurai has spent far too long teasing and toying with us.
WANT! WANT! WANT!
I love this character and it would fill my heart with rainbows to see him in smash. My most wanted Zelda newcomers are were (in order):
1. Ghirahim
2. Tingle
3. Midna
4. Skull Kid
When the other three were disconfirmed, it was frowns all around. The thought of never being able to play as that darling young Midna, was... well, more than I could bear. But then I noticed. My most wanted Zelda character and possibly my most wanted character overall was still among the living, almost as if he was bound to the game by a thread of fate. The prospect of a playable Ghirahim has made me positively giggly. I've waited my whole existence for this! This is my moment!

But wait, there appears to be another Zelda character gimping Ghirahim's chances. What's that twig's name again? Impa?
Chance: 40%, Well... she's put up more of a fight than I thought possible out of such a dull character. But don't clap for her just yet. That Hyrule Warriors of hers is the only reason she still lives.
Want: 20%, meh

Last edited:

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Damn I missed Lucina's rating day.

Ghirahim
Chance 2.5%
Want 25%

He's in the same lane as Midna, Zant, Cia, Skull Kid and any other popular but only one title Zelda character. Ghirahim being this popular would probably get him as far as Skull Kid and Midna. I don't find him comparable to Rosalina, yet, if there was effort to include him in more than one title then maybe.

Impa
chance 18%
Want 55%

A more reasonable candidate but ulmitately rather unlikely. Sheik's separation from Zelda would have been a perfect way to introduce her after all she is one of the more prominent figures in the Zelda timeline. For the next smash bros I suspect her to become likelier.

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Like yesterday I'll rate these guys together, along with a couple others that fit the theme.

Impa - 1%
Ghirahim - 1%
(Tetra - 1%)
(Ganon - 1%)
(Other Zelda Surprise - 1%)

Today's a bit awkward for me because these feel like characters that should be able to garner decent ratings because they're from the Legend of Zelda seres. The irony is that they get these supremely low ratings because, well, they're from the Legend of Zelda series. This is a franchise that I think gets hit especially hard by the Gematsu leak because I have a hard time believing a Zelda newcomer wouldn't be included in said leak. Remember, the leak has something of a reveal-based bent: the original one contained six characters being considered for an E3 2013 reveal (with everyone single one being revealed by now), and the later one has had two reveals already with the remaining three being strong potential reveals for pre-launch.

Now, Impa, Ghirahim, Tetra and Ganon could all make for fun, unique newcomers, and Zelda is clearly one of the most popular franchises Nintendo has. If any of those characters were in the works, why wouldn't they be considered for pre-launch reveals to hype up that large Zelda fanbase? In that case, Gematsu presumably would have leaked them by now. Further, even if they were to remain secret, why wouldn't Gematsu have heard of a Zelda newcomer of all things? Such an inclusion would surely be a big deal, one that should be difficult to miss. Missing Rosalina in the first leak was understandable if she wasn't ever considered for a E3 2013 reveal; missing a Zelda newcomer with less than four months to launch would be extremely odd. Maybe it's just that closely guarded a secret, but I think the simpler answer is that there just isn't a Zelda newcomer on the disc.

Now, I do still think these four characters in particular remain strong DLC candidates. Ghirahim maintains a strong fanbase despite being a one-off villain, Impa's more notable than ever with her well-publicized inclusion in Hyrule Warriors, Tetra remains extremely notable as a recurring character and with the recent Wind Waker HD, and Ganon is a strong candidate because, well, he's Ganon. However, it appears that the the extent of "new" Zelda characters on the disc will be the revamped Zelda and Sheik along with a possible Ganondorf rework. Were there an actual newcomer to see, I'm pretty sure we would have heard about it by now.

Impa Want - 50% - She looks pretty great in Hyrule Warriors, but I sincerely doubt Sakurai was privy to that incarnation of Impa, at least not at any reasonable point in the SSB4 development process. Were she to be on the disc, I fear she'd simply end up a Sheik clone of some sort, which I can't say I have any desire to see. I could see my want for her being well into either extreme, so in the end I'll leave it square in the middle.

Ghirahim Want - 25% - Perfectly good Zelda villain, but not so great that I think he ought to be immortalized in Smash. Would much rather the slot be dedicated to a more notable Zelda character (Tetra, original Ganon, etc).

Last edited:

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
Ghirahim Chance: 50%

Ganondorf will definitely be back, but if the Zelda series gets a newcomer this time around I think Ghirahim is the most fitting. He's the main antagonist in SS, has tons of personality, is generally well-liked, and thematically fits with the look of SSB4. His moveset potential is through the roof, and has a lot to draw from. He basically creates himself and can be pulled over from SS without needing tampering. I understand that other people think he's a one shot and isn't that memorable, but a lot of others, including myself, like him a lot. And he very well could return in Hyrule Warriors and beyond. He would be a great secret character few would expect, like Wolf or even Toon Link were in Brawl.

Ghirahim Want : 100%

Impa Chance: 20%

If the Zelda series gets another rep she's a great contender. Much of what Ghirahim has going for him she has going for herself, too. But we already have a Sheikah, and another ninja besides. I don't think she would bring anything new to the table. Also, Ghirahim is a way better option.

Impa Want: 15%

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Ghirahim Chance: 45%

As of yet, it looks like Ghirahim will only be a "one-off villian" in the Zelda series. However, the impact he has made on said series cannot be ignored. Look at the OP of his support thread!

Ghirahim Want: 90%
I love his...flamboyancy, what can I say? He has a lot of moveset potential as well and would be a nice addition to the roster.

Impa Chance: 30%

I think Sheik hurts her chances.

Impa Want: 25%

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Incoming over-analysis!

Impa
Chance:
-Main Roster: 10%
-As DLC: 36% (40% if assuming not on roster)

Impa's popularity took an upswing with her appearance in Hyrule Warriors. But if the rosters were near-finalized in Summer 2012, that version of Impa wouldn't have been around enough for them to use...and they might not've wanted to risk Hyrule Warriors being a hit. That leaves us with basically the Skyward Sword version of Impa...which, while pretty cool, we didn't see a whole ton of. It'd be a hard sell even in a roster of 51.

DLC makes things interesting, though. They actually could go with her Hyrule Warriors design, complete with Sheikah magic and that giant ass glaive. Or maybe if Impa shows up in the new Zelda, they could go with that design.

Overall, I think that with her being a recurring character in the Legend and with her important--albeit mostly offscreen in Skyward Sword--roles in recent games, Impa's the most likely to be a new Zelda rep. That said, the distance between her and the others isn't by much.

Want: 35%

I'm not super huge on more Zelda characters, but I think there's potential for a unique moveset if they go with her Hyrule Warriors design. A fast character with slower, powerful sword attacks supplemented with a few spells? No one else has that.

Ghirahim
Chance:
-Main Roster: 10%
-As DLC: 14% (15% if assuming not on roster)
-As Assist Trophy: 60%

Unlike Impa, Ghirahim was around long before development started. However...I don't think it helps his chances any. He may be a memorable villain and he may do a great job of making you hate him by the end of the game...but there's still another Zelda villain who has way more sway on the series as a whole, who he won't unseat for a roster spot. Ghirahim has no chance on a 47-roster, and even on a 51 there are other characters from other franchises who'd likely get the nod over him. Honestly, I don't even see him making it as DLC, either.

I think he'll most likely be an assist trophy. It'd be right up his alley to show up to swing some blades at people and steal the show for just a little while.

Want: 15%

I'm not huge on his inclusion, either. He's likely a one-off villain for a series that has already moved on to other games. While there is more to him than being an evil sword wielder, there aren't many ways to implement that in a way that'd feel fresh compared to the ton of other swordsmen already in or rumored to be in.

Hopefully that came out intelligible. Damn headaches mess with my writing ability.

Hades Prediction: 6.66% (yeah, I'm going there again)
Why wouldn't he show up tomorrow?
I admit, I laughed at the 6.66%. >_>

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ghirahim

Chance: 20%. Now the most likely Zelda newcomer, but that in and of itself is unlikely.

Want: A number so big it doesn't exist yet (or just 100%)

Impa

Chance: 15%. Impa should have a lot going for her. But the fact that Sheik was made into her own character and Impa did not replace her doesn't help her chances.

Want: 45%. I like her a lot and if she appeared as the new Hyrule Warriors version that would be awesome.

Last edited:

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Crashboards stole my last post... so here I go again...

Impa
Chance- 5%
Has many appearances in the series and will almost certainly return. Also had a notable role in Skyward Sword. Sheik's return as a standalone does hurt her some, but Impa can be made unique, especially considering how many different roles she has played in the series.
Want- 82%
In my opinion, she's easily the best possible Zelda newcomer. Not my most wanted overall, but she'd be pretty cool. The anti-Sheik sentiment of some of her supporters has hurt her in the past, but that's obviously less of an issue now.

Ghirahim
Chance- 5%
A one-off villain, but admittedly one from Skyward Sword with popularity.
Want- 5%
While I like him in his game, he's still a one-off villain. I think there are better ways to represent the franchise. If we really need Skyward Sword representation, we already have a stage and a multitude of items. Or we could also add Impa in her Skyward Sword appearance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom